[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In one week, could Batman take down and completely eliminate ISIS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1485975456003.jpg (361KB, 634x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485975456003.jpg
361KB, 634x800px
In one week, could Batman take down and completely eliminate ISIS?
>>
Ask Frank Millar.
>>
File: 1471675797711.jpg (81KB, 552x532px) Image search: [Google]
1471675797711.jpg
81KB, 552x532px
>>93480488
>>
No, because terrorist groups, like rebels and uprisings throughout history, are just the natural consequence of a third-world nation rife with corruption and poverty and with heavy military occupation.

So even if he goes in and arrests every single current member of ISIS, unless he somehow can fix the climate, economy, quality of living, government and foreign relations of the various middle eastern nations, more are just going to come to take their place. In fact he'd be making a martyr out of ISIS and cause an even more violent group to replace it.
>>
>>93481421
Now what if Bats takes on this new more violent group?
>>
>>93481454
Then he'll just continue the same cycle forever, just like he's doing with crime.
>>
>>93481454
It would just escalate interminably until someone finally had the good sense to nuke Syria.
>>
No, traditionally, Batman hasn't been very good at permanently stopping international networks, even in his own rogues' gallery.
>>
>>93480474
>>93481421
Batman couldnt...but billionaire Bruce Wayne could by using his wealth and influence to better the middle east region and drive fanatics out.
>>
>>93480474
It depends. Does ISIS get prep time?
>>
>>93480474
No. Batman/Bruce Wayne has proven that you cannot defeat a systemic problem with your fists and your money alone. There must be significant social, political, economic, educational, etc changes that must be met to reduce extremism. You cannot solve such a complicated issue by punching it or blowing it up.
>>
>>93480474
What you're really asking is can Batman stop the League of Shadows from sponsoring terrorists.
>>
File: george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg (35KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg
35KB, 400x301px
>>93481421
What was that 90s JLA number where this new member joins, and he's a bit of a hothead, and he takes out this Middle Eastern dictator and it causes an even bigger mess and gets a lot of people killed? Anyway yeah...it would be more or less like that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.