[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Millarverse Renaissance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Jupiters-Legacy-1-That-Panel.jpg (308KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Jupiters-Legacy-1-That-Panel.jpg
308KB, 1000x800px
is Jupiter's Legacy/Circle + Huck/MPH/Starlight/Superior/Empress/Reborn the best alternative superhero universe ever?

I think its surpassed Astro City and the only real competition is Moore's contributions to ABC
>>
>>93475358
>surpassed Astro City

fuck no, the Millarverse, while enjoyable doesnt have nearly the level of planning, lore, variety, or personality of Astro City. AC is on a whole 'nother level.
>>
>>93475358
>What if superheroes....were edgy and grimderp and full of murder and rape????!!!!
It's the same garbage from the same hack.
>>
>>93476298
You should actually read some of those comics.
>>
>>93476298
You clearly haven't read over half of those books.
>>
>>93475358
>>93475414

Wait, Millar's titles are in the same universe? I thought they were just a bunch of indies he put a brand on.
>>
>>93476361
Have you ever seen the official Legend of Zelda timeline? It's kinda like that.
>>
>>93476361
They are. There's two different Earths.

One is where the supervillains won, that's the Wanted universe. That one is where Kick-Ass, Nemesis, Chosen, MPH, Kingmen, Superior, and maybe Huck all happen.

The other is where the superheroes won and it's Jupiter's Circle, Jupiter's Legacy and Supercrooks.
>>
>>93476410
And The Unfunnies?
>>
>>93475358
Pretty average for edgy JLA pastiche, lacking the shock value that is Millar's sole appeal, and destined to be forgotten in just a few years.
>>
>>93475358
Jupiter's Legacy is the only cape comic I've read in the last few years besides Copra, absolutely love it. Starlight was great too.
>>
>>93476410
I'd really love to see a story set in the Wanted universe about the return of proper superheroes and the Fraternity's reaction.
>>
>>93475414
> *All the other books tie together too but there’s a LOT more too this and a big plan I’ve had in mind for a few years. This is everything all nicely set up, but what’s also nice is that you don’t need to read all the books to understand. THAT SAID, reading them all will only make you appreciate the big picture all the more.

> Bestest,
> MM

> PS Even the books not mentioned will connect as the series continue. Yes, even American Jesus. But only in the most subtle and unobtrusive way. Nobody’s going to be flying around when I do that final volume in a couple of years, besides maybe a few angels in the apocalypse. Stay tuned. It’s all part of the plan…
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.