[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fire Walk With Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: latest[3].png (945KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].png
945KB, 1280x721px
Your favorite DC comics heroes/anti-heroes are dropped into Twin Peaks, the most *fun* and *wonderful* place on earth. How do they do?
>>
Bump with BOB
>>
They leave Twin Peaks and wander aimlessly around places that are not Twin Peaks.
>>
>Moon Knight
Is already too crazy. Probably BTFOs BOB.

>Tony Stark
Could go either way. His disbelief in supernatural spirits could be so strong he just repels BOB. Otherwise, he gets Dougie'd.

>Doctor Doom
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA-sorry. Doom BTFOs them all.
>>
They all stare at each other
>>
File: f9b5d7b05679c3ead76079881df33c73.jpg (970KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
f9b5d7b05679c3ead76079881df33c73.jpg
970KB, 2048x1024px
They fit right in.
>>
DC's sort of specific.
Pretty sure Mister Miracle would just accept the weird shit, and I wouldn't be surprised if some mother box function could identify Bob.
The Windham Earle part would probably be replaced with Doctor Impossible, or possibly Granny, so there'd be a lot less of a chess game and more of a massacre

Wonder Woman or Batman would probably be weirded out, but with god stuff and Zur-en-arr crap in their background they'd prpbably go with it. Lasso of truth would probably solve the mystery pretty quickly, though. Without a doibt Bats would be stuck in the black lodge though.

If we're talking outside DC though, Hellboy would be pretty fun. Mostly because he'd just be tired of all the shit going on.
>>
Twin Peaks is pretty low-key when it comes to the weirdness. I mean, practically anyone you can think of in DC has gone through worse, all Twin Peaks really has is the Lodge and a kinda sorta maybe paranormal serial killer.

Perhaps if it had gone into season 3 back in the day the weirdness could have gotten to a point where it would be interesting for DC heroes to get into....frankly I don't get why Twin Peaks has a big supernatural reputation when the show was more about small-town intrigue than anything else when you get right down to it.
>>
File: 1498519516763.jpg (2MB, 3840x6480px) Image search: [Google]
1498519516763.jpg
2MB, 3840x6480px
>>
>>93475555
>frankly I don't get why Twin Peaks has a big supernatural reputation when the show was more about small-town intrigue than anything else when you get right down to it
Almost everything from the death of Leland to around the second to last episode of S2 is just awful filler Lynch and Frost were barely involved in. The stories don't even connect, there's the Windom Earle time wasting, Ben having his mental breakdown and James and Donna's utterly pointless side story that might as well have been a completely different fucking show and added nothing.

Really enjoying S3 so far though.
>>
>>93476117

I haven't seen season 3 yet. Last time I saw Twin Peaks was before they even announced it and I feared that it would just be a cash-in, but if it's actually good I'll check it out.

But I mean...from Leland's death to end of season 2 is basically....like half the show.
>>
>>93476951
It's all Lynch and Frost penned this time, but being freed from network TV restrictions and basically allowed them to do whatever they like and it has gone a bit batshit insane.

If you like Lynch's films you'll enjoy the start of S3. If you prefer the more down to earth story-lines it's still worth a watch anyway, because it seems to be easing off the mindfuckery and settling into a more traditional framework. Just don't expect to be seeing a lot of the old characters, only Coop, his FBI buddies and the Sheriff's dept. have really had much screen time.
>>
File: maxresdefault[4].jpg (30KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[4].jpg
30KB, 1280x720px
>>93475680
>a kinda sorta maybe paranormal serial killer.

The "kinda sorta" got completely tossed out in Season 3. Now we have things like pic related and the Woodsmen.
>>
>>93477094
>it has gone a bit batshit insane.
Putting it lightly, missed maybe 3 minutes of the last episode and had no idea what was going on for the rest of it.
>>
>>93475680
>Twin Peaks is pretty low-key when it comes to the weirdness

The new season is nothing but weirdness. It's Lynch unleashed.
>>
>>93475330
i have to say i disagree, i think the black lodge and the endless are polar opposites, the endless are encarnations of pretty concrete ideas, while the black lodge spirits are much more chaotics in nature, they don´t "represent" anything, at least anything human like destiny or desire, they are things like "the arm", "the corn", "garmenboza", the lynch mythos it´s a lot more obscure and hard to grasp
>>
Twin Peaks supernatural shit isn't really the kind of supernatural shit most capes deal with. The closest is some stuff in Hellblazer, I guess, so I guess it's something Constantine could handle.

That said I think it would be fun to see a powerless, not A-list character like The Question try and deal with this shit.
>>
>>93474383

Swamp Thing, Question(vic), and Constantine? probably fairly well

(throw in Hellboy and we got a party)
>>
File: Soot%20Ghosts[1].png (147KB, 690x360px) Image search: [Google]
Soot%20Ghosts[1].png
147KB, 690x360px
>>93479355
>Twin Peaks supernatural shit isn't really the kind of supernatural shit most capes deal with.

Pretty much this. i mean, the latest episode literally has what seems to be BOB"s essence after being evicted from Doppel Coppers body, literally fly off into some dark space within the Black Lodge, floating over a literal sea of non-existence, and all of this happens after the Woodsmen do some crazy dance and rub blood all over him. Before this, it even cuts back in time to an atomic bomb test to show what looked like Hell and the Big Bang having intense coitus. It then cuts over to a convenience store built on top of the area where that test had been done, and shows the Woodsmen swarming over it like fucking cockroaches (which is effectively what they are). All of this happens within a couple minutes by the way.
>>
File: tp_giant_orb[1].png (135KB, 780x436px) Image search: [Google]
tp_giant_orb[1].png
135KB, 780x436px
Sudden Page 10 bump.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.