[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Bambi the pinnacle of Disney animation? If not, what bests it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

Is Bambi the pinnacle of Disney animation? If not, what bests it?
>>
Fantasia or Pinocchio
>>
File: bambi-manga01.jpg (150KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
bambi-manga01.jpg
150KB, 400x600px
>>93468735
Pinocchio is another good choice. Fantasia is impressive but the strong coming-of-age narrative and naturalistic scenery of Bambi give it the edge in my opinion.
Bambi also has the distinction of being a huge formative influence on Osamu Tezuka and in turn a direct ancestor of the entire anime/manga artstyle.
>>
>>93468700
Sleeping Beauty was Walts Magnum Opus.
>>
>>93468934
Bambi gave many butthurts in animation industry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGGwdbjGwrs
>>
>>93468991

so screwy squirrel was shrek of that time?
>>
File: sleeping beauty.webm (3MB, 800x310px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping beauty.webm
3MB, 800x310px
>>93468969
I really loved how it incorporated Tchaikovsky's music. It was like it took the kind of narrative you see in Snow White while also using the pairing of animation to classical music you see in Fantasia.
>>
>>93468991
wtf I hate Tex Avery now
>>
>>93468991
I love this (even though Screwey Squirrel was said to be a shitty character by Tex himself)
>>
Pinocchio's whale scene
>>
>>93469349
Before coming to 4chan: Standard Disney song sequence. Nothing out of the ordinary
After coming to 4chan: That horse looks more into her than the dude.
>>
>>93470610
It's probably because the horse was allowed to look ugly and emote more and the prince was supposed to look handsome and was therefore restricted from emoting quite as much. Disney has making their characters looking pretty or cute down to a fucking science and only somewhat recently started toying with the idea of at least allowing their male leads a little bit more variety. It was a downright scandal when a disney animator admitted they intentionally hold back female characters from emoting as strongly as they could in an effort to keep them pretty all the time back when Frozen was released.
>>
File: belly of the beast.png (2MB, 1454x1078px) Image search: [Google]
belly of the beast.png
2MB, 1454x1078px
>>93470534
The scenes inside the whale or outside the whale? Or both?
>>
>>93468700
sleeping beauty though
>>
Animation: either Sleeping Beauty or Pinocchio

Music: Hunchback of Notre Dame
>>
Sleeping Beauty it was the final chance Disney's animators had to put together all of the techniques that they had learned over the years to create one last visual masterpiece before Disney's animation switched to the much cheaper xerox process.
>>
File: fightscene bambi.webm (3MB, 520x376px) Image search: [Google]
fightscene bambi.webm
3MB, 520x376px
>>93468700
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.