[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Earth2_ongoing_01.jpg (49KB, 250x385px) Image search: [Google]
Earth2_ongoing_01.jpg
49KB, 250x385px
I'm thinking about getting into Earth 2, which runs if any are solid? I hear World's End is trash but is everything else at least decent?
>>
I have read the 1st volume and it was solid.
If your big on art, Nicola Scott's work is arguably worth it alone, notably better then his recent Wonder Woman work.
>>
>>93468106
It was sorta good up until Brutaal and Taylor. If Robinson had been allowed to do what he wanted it would have turned out a lot better.
>>
>>93468131
What was Robinson's plan for it? Earth-2 became super depressing especially when Lois became Red Tornado, should have just let her die in peace.
>>
>>93468106
The rest of it ranges from decent to awful

Robinson's run was good but it goes completely ignored after he leaves, Taylor's run was bland and preachy, World's End was flaming garbage, Earth 2 Society started off terrible but once Abnett took over he did a decent job

Earth 2 as a whole isn't worth reading unless you need some examples of how not to write a comic and how not to treat secondary universes
>>
>>93468202
I seem to recall that he wanted an actual JSA down the line. Red Tornado wasn't supposed to be Lois (as seen in her first appearance). Wildcat cameo'd in early issues and it was implied he would become a regular later.
>>
>>93468292
Oh shit Would have love to see the JSA be the "legacy team" that would have been great rather than JSA was the first super team then the league.
>>
Alright I'll probably just read Robinson's run and stop there. I am pretty big on art so that alone will probably make it worth it. Robinson's run is Volumes 1-3 right?
>>
>>93468473
That was the plan but then other writers just wanted to shove in alternate versions of Superman and Batman characters so the idea kind of fizzled out even though they kept Jay and Alan around as token JSA members
>>
>>93468664
Yep.
>>
File: Earth 2 WIREG.jpg (160KB, 1008x388px) Image search: [Google]
Earth 2 WIREG.jpg
160KB, 1008x388px
>>93468131
THIS
Those first couple of arcs had enormous upward trajectory. When Brutaal shows up is when you realize that upward trajectory is the beginning of a roller coaster with nearly everything else that came after them being the plummet where the series grabs you by the throat and never lets you go as it puts you through abuse that doesn't become pleasant until it becomes clear that it is approaching it's conclusion.
>>
>>93468664
Earth-2 while I like it was just sad, even as an elseworld seeing the trinitydie is pretty sad.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.