[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking at the first four films of the dceu and mcu respectively.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 24

File: Untitled-1.jpg (543KB, 1623x1395px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
543KB, 1623x1395px
Looking at the first four films of the dceu and mcu respectively.

They both had a rough start with one great film to balance it out.

Anyone else optimistic the dceu will be able to turn around after wonder woman and became great like the mcu?
>>
>>93466459
I wasn't at first, but Wonder Woman was pretty damn good, and Justice League is looking pretty neat. I've also loved everything I've heard about Aquaman so far, so yeah, I'm optimistic.
>>
>>93466459
If Snyder does not return, anything is possible.
>>
>>93466459
I don't know what's more retarded, calling iron man a "rough start" with how popular it was, or calling man of steel "a rough start" with how bad it was.

OP this is too much of a stretch for even plastic man.

You can be optimistic about future DCU movies, but the first ones were shit and everyone liked the marvel movies.
>>
>>93466459
>They both had a rough start with one great film to balance it out.

That's the narrative we're going to push now that RT is supposed to be valid and trustworthy again.
>>
it would be interesting if DC's future slate was a Vixen movie, a Harley movie, Zatanna, Batwoman etc
>>
>>93466521
This. Iron Man sold like hotcakes on DVD/Blu Ray, not to mention merchandise.

All those sad Man of Murder toys just sat there in Wal-Mart looking sullen and angry.
>>
For me, as film quality goes
Iron Man >= WW >= MoS >BvS(UC) >(TFA here)>>>>>> Thor > BvS(theatrical cut) > Iron Man 2 > Hulk >SS(both cut)

>after wonder woman and became great like the mcu
MCU went to shit after Winter Soldier. I hope DCEU carries its tone but lets its heroes be more heroic and hopefull like WW.
>>
>>93466589
t. The Snyderfag with No Taste
>>
>be Wondy fan
>see record of female-led comic book movies being shit
>see constant character assassination in adaptations and books outside her own
>utterly dread the very idea of a WW movie
>WW movie announced
>steel myself for the hellstorm
>director goes out of her way to do right by the character, and not that Xena knockoff shit
>people actually like it, film is a financial success
>possibly saves the DCEU as a franchise
Well, shit. Diana really IS best girl.

This is perhaps the one time I'm hoping for some synergy, because editorial might actually start paying attention when writers fuck up her characterization.
>>
>>93466589
>MoS and BvS > anything Marvel
Denial is funny.
>>
>>93466521
>>93466575
Don't forget it skyrocketed Iron man from a D-list hero to S-rank in a single movie without any other properties to help boost it up.

The DCEU could never do that.
>>
>>93466702
You know you're talking to a dedicated Snyderfag when he separately lists the Theatrical and the Apology Cut, when the "fixed" version only makes the plot less disjointed, it keeps 100% of the stupid shit.

The whole Africa scene is a microcosm of how horrible they've treated the Superman franchise, making the chronology of it a little less WTF does not "fix" it.
>>
File: Juan-Hugo-Martinez-Black-Adam.jpg (207KB, 1200x586px) Image search: [Google]
Juan-Hugo-Martinez-Black-Adam.jpg
207KB, 1200x586px
Man of Steel Box office $668 million
BVS Box office $873.3 million
Suicide Squad Box office $745.6 million
Wonder Woman Box office $652.9 million

Iron Man Box office $585.2 million
The Incredible Hulk Box office $263.4 million
Iron Man 2 Box office $623.9 million
Thor Box office $449.3 million

If people really hate dceu so much why do they shell out more money for it?

Fans LOVE the movies. Critics HATE it. What a glaring disconnect. People just want to laugh & have fun.
>>
>>93466741
>The whole Africa scene is a microcosm of how horrible they've treated the Superman franchise
Except not clarifying if he killed the Dictator what EXACTLY is wrong with the scene on a conceptual level? What the god damn fuck is wrong with showing why Superman can't get involved with geopolitics in film?
>>
>>93466459
>>>/tv/
Fuck off
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7KB, 194x260px
>>93466762
>If people really hate dceu so much why do they shell out more money for it?
Try comparing the DCEU films you listed to the MCU films released those same years.

Or if you want to keep dry eyes, best not.
>>
>>93466741
>>93466721
>>93466628
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE REEEEEE
You have every right to enjoy orenge slices and dance offs, personally i prefer Marvel movies like Iron Man 1, WS, TFA and want more like it.
>>
>>93466459
We'll have to see how Justice League is before we can start seriously saying that they're "turning it around."
>>
>>93466521
Only literal retards like Iron Man. He is the Nascar of superheroes.
>>
>Tfw you liked IM1, TiH and Thor (less than the other two) a lot for different reasons

Nobody understands...
>>
>>93466762
Because the DCEU is coming in a post-The Avengers world where capeshit is the hot topic right now
>>
>>93466589
>> Iron Man 2 > Hulk
Fuck off.
>>
File: Man of Steel3.jpg (151KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Man of Steel3.jpg
151KB, 1920x800px
>>93466780
>Shittily lit and colorless
>Lois in some preposterous situation for no raisin
>Jimmy Olsen is CIA as an "easter egg" before being violently killed because "fuck Superman's classic cast"
>Man of Can't Hear Mom in Trouble somehow hears someone threatening Lois on another continent
>HULK SMASHes some guy through TWO walls
>Later autistically spaghetti's when confronted about the situation
A microcosm
>>
>>93466762
>Fans LOVE the movies. Critics HATE it.
look at OP's pic, proves your point.
>>
>>93466762
This is the logic Bayformers fans have
>>
6 = Among the best movies ever made
5 = Amazing / Superb
4 = Great
3 = Good
2 = Ok/Meh
1 = Bad
0 = Horrible

> Iron Man
> Iron Man 2
> Iron Man 3
high 3
> Thor
> Thor - The Dark World
3 maybe high 3.
> Incredible Hulk
4 or low 4.
> Captain America - TFA
> Captain America - TWS
> Captain America - Civil War
> Gotg
high 4
> Ant Man
> Doctor Strange
high 4
> Batman 89
> Batman Returns
> Batman Forever
> Batman & Robin
> Batman Begins
> The Dark Knight
> The Dark Knight Rises
> Green Lantern
> Superman - The Movie
> Superman 2
> Superman Returns
high 2 / low 3
> Man of Steel
> BVS (theatrical)
> BVS (UC)
> Suicide Squad
>>
>>93466887
There are actually Bayformers fans?
>>
>>93466762
>Fans LOVE the movies. Critics HATE it. What a glaring disconnect. People just want to laugh & have fun.

This is the answer to your question.
>>
>>93466887
At least Bayformers fans don't pretend the movies are misunderstood masterpieces of high art.
>>
>>93466906
You see that "T5 is the best /co/ to live-action adaptation" thread up right now? There's 'fans' of it all over the place
>>
>>93466850
>>Shittily lit and colorless
A barren war torn desert is suppose to be colorful & pretty?
>>Lois in some preposterous situation for no raisin
Doing her fucking job is preposterous?
>>Jimmy Olsen is CIA as an "easter egg" before being violently killed because "fuck Superman's classic cast"
No more like "fuck useless comedy relief characters that don't fit this particular adaption"
>>Man of Can't Hear Mom in Trouble somehow hears someone threatening Lois on another continent
He was almost certainly watching or specifically listening in for Lois because he knew she was heading into danger.
Martha he has absolutely no reason to listen to constantly as she has no public connection to him like Lois does. Plus she was large number of states away from Metropolis.
>>HULK SMASHes some guy through TWO walls
Nothing whatsoever wrong with this.
Heating up the barrel of the gun could have set the ammunition off or caused the guy to panic and fire and speeding over there could have harmed Lois as his speed contains alot of impacting force hence why he told Lois to stand back when taking flight in Mos.
>>Later autistically spaghetti's when confronted about the situation
What are your referring to?
>>
>>93466906
Yes.
>>
>>93466974
I assumed that was ironic shitposting
>>
File: Robert Downey.jpg (9KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
Robert Downey.jpg
9KB, 247x204px
>>93466762
Man of Steel Box office $668 million
BVS Box office $873.3 million
Suicide Squad Box office $745.6 million
Wonder Woman Box office $652.9 million

>within same time period

Iron Man 3 box office $1,250 million
Civil War box office $1,135 million
Doctor Strange box office $677 million
GotG 2 box office $851 million

ha ha.
>>
File: 1498481462315.jpg (986KB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1498481462315.jpg
986KB, 3072x2048px
Iron Man is still the best film they've got. Only because of Gwyn though.
>>
>>93466902
>The Dark Knight
>Among the best movies ever made
This is a shitpost, right?
>>
>>93466906
I like the 1st one and a few elements of the 2nd but not enough to have seen the following films.
>>93466925
Because they are brainless action fest 100% of the way through their run time. Mos & Bvs spent a ton of time world building and building up their characters.
And no no one who is seriously thinks they are flawless masterpieces. Mos is my 2nd favorite film and even I don't think it is flawless.
>>
>>93467016
It is flawless aside from Maggie not being all that attractive.
>>
>Iron Man came out in 2008

Why does that make me feel so old
>>
File: coinface.jpg (8KB, 232x218px) Image search: [Google]
coinface.jpg
8KB, 232x218px
>>93467053
So your medications have completely blacked out everything Coinface and the Batcomputer shenanigans?

Because Coinface rampaging around with OMFG A REVOLVER was some Syfy level shit.
>>
>>93466780
>Except not clarifying if he killed the Dictator

but they do clarify this, he flat out says he didnt kill anyone and the woman says she lied about him killing anyone
>>
>>93467078
Because it was 9 fucking years ago? Don't feel bad, anon. All humans do it.
>>
>>93467099
Make it stop
>>
>>93467094
This. He stunned him through two brick walls at blinding velocity.
Just like we decimated areas of the city that were oh-so-conveniently abandoned.

Basically they could burn guys to death in SUV's and have someone say "Whew, those guys barely made it out!".
>>
>>93466459
All this DCU apologists
>hurrdur suicide squad is good tho reeeeeeeeee
Fucking sad.
>>
File: 1497741673504.jpg (203KB, 900x1171px) Image search: [Google]
1497741673504.jpg
203KB, 900x1171px
>>93467009
Can I get a hell yeah to Gwyns feet?
>>
>>93467089
What the actual fuck are you talking about?
There is nothing wrong with 2 Face being about small scale revenge.
Go watch Batman Forever if you want elaborate campy garbage with the character.
>>
>>93466790
Hulk was a flop, DCEU didn't flopped yet
>>
>build universe on beloved film
>start grounded and build slowly to the team up
>continue with consistent quality throughout
>able to jump genres while never betraying the tone
>colorful antihero team up feels earned
>cosmic connected universe built on grounded beginnings

>build universe on polarizing film
>team up film immediately despite having rich solo character histories
>colorful antihero team up doesn't feel earned
>proper solo film though the tone is betrayed
>>
>>93467134
>This. He stunned him through two brick walls at blinding velocity.
He may have had his arm around his backside.
>Just like we decimated areas of the city that were oh-so-conveniently abandoned.
They didn't decimate anything in Bvs except some empty warehouses & oil refinery stuff. And it wasn't convenient at all. Batman specifically chose the empty port for his showdown with Clark.
>>
>>93467203
>. And it wasn't convenient at all. Batman specifically chose the empty port for his showdown with Clark.
I think he's talking about the Doomsday fight where at like 3 separate points you hear someone say "that area is abandoned" or something
>>
File: Green Lantern2.jpg (29KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
Green Lantern2.jpg
29KB, 500x290px
>>93467178
The DCEU aborted its first attempt at launch with Green Lantern, which made $19 million over it's budget.

Compared to Incredible Hulk's $113 million over it's budget.

MCU underperformed with Hulk, DCEU detonated on the launchpad.
>>
>>93467225
Why is it so hard for Snyder/the writer to come up with scenes where the heroes actively, you know, act as heroes and save lives during the fight instead of either forgetting about it (MoS) or dismissing the issue with throwaway lines like that?
>>
File: HulkA.jpg (77KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
HulkA.jpg
77KB, 670x503px
>Hulk is appearing this year in 4th MCU film

>WB refuses to mention Green Lantern in public.

>Hulk gets audience cheers in Avengers

>Green Lantern is a laugh-line in Deadpool
>>
>>93467225
Yes and the Doomsday fight took place in the port that Batman had picked for his fight with Clark because Batman lured DD back there because of the spear. And they only said it once.
>>
>>93466990
>A barren war torn desert is suppose to be colorful & pretty?

When you can't tell the difference between an apocalypse and just a warzone, there might be a problem.

>Doing her fucking job is preposterous?

Interviewing an African warlord when all they do is murder people, cut off women's clitorises and rape people is really stupid. There is no reason such an interview couldn't have been done over the phone/Skype.

>No more like "fuck useless comedy relief characters that don't fit this particular adaption"

That explains why you're OK with Clark being a 30 year old loser with no friends, who is one death away from buddying up with the God of Evil.

>He was almost certainly watching or specifically listening in for Lois because he knew she was heading into danger.
Martha he has absolutely no reason to listen to constantly as she has no public connection to him like Lois does. Plus she was large number of states away from Metropolis.

And yet he couldn't hear Martha from across a bay. Why did Eisenberg bring Martha all the way from Kansas to (Not) New York? That must be at least a thousand miles.

>Nothing whatsoever wrong with this.
Heating up the barrel of the gun could have set the ammunition off or caused the guy to panic and fire and speeding over there could have harmed Lois as his speed contains alot of impacting force hence why he told Lois to stand back.

He smashes him anyway. He could have just grabbed his gun and destroyed it.
>>
>>93467264
>during the fight
Because it's NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE in a 1 on 1 fight scene. Especially with beings who move as fast a Zod.
Doing so would result in 3 options.
>1 - The villain floating/standing around doing jack shit letting Clark saving people.
>2 - The villain sneak attacking Clark (which Zod did the instant Clark's back was turned to look up at the explosion caused by the oil truck) or the people he is saving.
>3 - The villain blitz attacking other civilians.
Keeping the villain focused on him and only him was factually provably the morally right fucking thing to do.
>>
>>93467338
>NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE

It's a movie. Whatever the writer wants to make happen is possible, there's no rules except "avoid crappy writing". The movie's supposed to make me believe a man can fly, not that i should pray to never meet him or my house will fall on my face
>>
>>93466887
I wish every Bayformers fan was rounded up and gassed
>>
>>93467336
>Interviewing an African warlord when all they do is murder people
Going by the dialogue he was clearly one who was trying to put up a front of being a legitimate leader.
>There is no reason such an interview couldn't have been done over the phone/Skype.
He didn't want to give away his location.
>That explains why you're OK with Clark being a 30 year old loser
He isn't even vaguely a looser he is a fucking hero who sacrificed having a normal life to keep hidden and save thousands of lives who would die if he revealed himself.
> And yet he couldn't hear Martha from across a bay
She was gagged at least part of the time.
> He could have just grabbed his gun and destroyed it.
Like I fucking said speeding over there and grabbing it could have harmed Lois.
>>
>>93467338
Snyderfags are more practiced at these sorts of mental gymnastics than Big Tobacco Lawyers.
>>
File: super-retard.jpg (28KB, 499x376px) Image search: [Google]
super-retard.jpg
28KB, 499x376px
>>93467400
>and save thousands of lives who would die if he revealed himself.
>>
>>93467380
>It's a movie
Set in a half way realistic setting with believable limitations on it's characters abilities.
>there's no rules except "avoid crappy writing".
Yes and giving him mary sue powers to be able to do everything perfectly and writing the villain to let him do so would be crappy fucking writing.
>>
>>93466459

To be fair, it's Marvel's C and D-listers up against DC's S and A-listers coming right out of the gate. Batman (especially Batman), Superman, and Wonder Woman already had widespread notoriety before the DCEU, while most of MCU's current lineup were mostly relegated to shitty cartoons or missable movies. You could argue Marvel's branding power has propped its ongoing performance, but its still impressive how it turned relatively forgettable characters in the public's eye into household names that people actually like in such a short span of time.
>>
>>93467401
It's not mental gymnastics, It's provable fact.
If they left in the line about killing the human race 1 by 1 by hand then Zod floating about letting Clark rescue people would factually be absurd and out of character and break the momentum & suspense of the battle.
Zod sneak attacking him when his back was turned proves how fast and easily he can do so when Clark is distracted.
>>
File: 520478.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
520478.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>93466459
>Anyone else optimistic the dceu will be able to turn around after wonder woman and became great like the mcu?

I wish it would happen because I think DC has a lot of interesting source material to pull from, but as of right now I don't have any faith in WB. They fucked up Batman AND Superman in the same movie, it's kind of hard to forgive that
>>
>>93467437
Muslims would burn shit down on a level unseen if a being came to exist that proves their religion wrong.
>>
File: deadpool1.jpg (70KB, 436x370px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool1.jpg
70KB, 436x370px
>>93467507
>The "savior" of DCEU is going to fall well short of Deadpool, which did not open in China.
>>
>>93466459
>Wonder Woman
>great

Confirmed for low standards.

It was a 6/10 film at best. Good, but with significant flaws, one of which is an abysmal third act that the film would actually be better without. I don't regret seeing it, but I wouldn't watch it again.
>>
File: Hancock2.jpg (9KB, 212x251px) Image search: [Google]
Hancock2.jpg
9KB, 212x251px
>>93467450
>realistic setting with believable limitations on it's characters abilities.
A
FUCKING
SUPERMAN
MOVIE.
Now I know I am being rused.
>>
>>93467400
>Going by the dialogue he was clearly one who was trying to put up a front of being a legitimate leader.

So? The leaders of Boko Haram put up a front of legitimate leadership.

>He didn't want to give away his location.

Use a VPN?

Also, there was a US unit with set up tents nearby. I think they already knew where the guy was.

Does anybody else think it's hilarious that the CIA gave there agent a giant flashing tracker? Surely they could have just used an app on a smartphone or smart watch.

>He isn't even vaguely a looser he is a fucking hero who sacrificed having a normal life to keep hidden and save thousands of lives who would die if he revealed himself.

He has 2 people that he is close to and one is his mum. He had no friends whatsoever. He only maintains his job because his boss is a moron who hires randoms with no college education and doesn't fire them when they spit in his face over a major story.

>She was gagged at least part of the time.

He couldn't hear a large group of heavily armed men? Also he was able to hear Lois from continents away.

>Like I fucking said speeding over there and grabbing it could have harmed Lois.

So instead of just grabbing the guns and pushing him against the wall, he murders the guy?

>wah wah he is still alive

Wouldn't he have been made to give a statement at that hearing? Some rando was allowed to with virtually no background check.
>>
File: JLKino.jpg (131KB, 976x982px) Image search: [Google]
JLKino.jpg
131KB, 976x982px
>>93467606
Wonder Woman finally gives them a First Avenger; they are still going to need an Iron Man.

As hard as they are trying to make Bruce into PTSD Stark, Affleck just can't carry that weight.

They need a recast STAT.
>>
>>93466721
>D-list

If the A-List was Spidey and the X-Men then Iron Man and his fellow Avengers were B-List.
>>
>>93467622
No you are not, there is nothing fucking wrong with treating the world around the powered characters with realism & limitations like Earth One or the early Ultimate Universe did.
If the characters are all fucking powerful and never fail on any level whatsoever then there is no fucking tension or weight to the events at all.

>>93467627
>He has 2 people that he is close to and one is his mum. He had no friends whatsoever.
He seemed friendly with the bar girl.
And being a recluse by choice does not equal being a looser.
>Also he was able to hear Lois from continents away.
Once again we have no idea where he was.
>he murders the guy?
1 - Killing in self defense or defense of others isn't murder.
2 - No evidence he killed him.
3 - YES if the other option might injure your loved one of fucking course you take the harsh measure against the fucker threatening to kill her.
>Wouldn't he have been made to give a statement at that hearing?
The CIA likely black sited him.
>>
>>93467716
A-List = Spidey, Hulk, Wolverine
B-List = Punisher, rest of Uncanny X-Men, Deadpool
C- List = Fantastic Four, Avengers, Doctor Strange, Daredevil
D- List = Ghost Rider, Blade
Who? List = Guardians of the Galaxy, Howard the Duck, Man-Thing
>>
>>93467816
There's no "realistic" limitations on Superman's abilities in the Snyderverse.

He can fly through planet-altering super gravity waves while subjected to powers-robbing Krypton atmosphere. He can get whalloped by Kryptonian super-soldiers without getting his hair mussed or even a scratch.

The only things that can harm him in the slightest are Magic Green Space Rocks.

Just like Every Single Other Version.
>>
>>93467816
>He seemed friendly with the bar girl.
>And being a recluse by choice does not equal being a looser.

If he had had a wedding, he wouldn't have been able to have a best man. He is a loser.

>Once again we have no idea where he wa

He was also able to hear Lois from his dream but couldn't hear his own mother or her guards?

>3 - YES if the other option might injure your loved one of fucking course you take the harsh measure against the fucker threatening to kill her.

So instead of just grabbing the gun, he smashes the guy past Lois. He would have done less damage by just grabbing the gun. If you think differently you are just retarded.

>The CIA likely black sited him.

They still let a rando testify, with no fucking background check at all.
>>
>>93467840
Hot damn are you all kinds of retarded.

>Punisher
>B-list

In what fucking world?
>>
>>93468002
>Punisherfags being salty morons
Not even a little surprising
>>
>>93467178
literally ignored his comment lol
>>
>>93467912
> Can't time travel.
> His speed has a lot of concussive force so he can't just rush and grab people without harming them.
> His eye beams when at fuller outputs cease to be directed by the aim of his eyeballs.
> When he propelled himself out of the falling Wayne Tower he tried to slow down but went into a tumble and crashed into the parking garage.
> He can't lift preposterous objects without their structures collapsing around his grip.
> Can't be in 2 places at once (Indian ocean vs metropolis).

And it's less about the powers being realistic and more the writing being such & being honest and not walking on egg shells.
They let Metropolis suffer destruction, they let Clark make mistakes, they make Clark worldly & not naively blind to humanities darkness, they let Batman be humanized and break down after 20 years of failure and break his codes.
>>
>>93467971
>He was also able to hear Lois from his dream
He was already back in or near Metropolis when he heard her having been thrown.
>If you think differently you are just retarded.
If his shockwaves from his speed are harmless then why did he tell Lois to stand back in Mos?
Why did the Flash in his 711 rescue cause a mess when he speed hit the robber?
>>
>>93466459
>rough start
>with the film that kickstarted the golden age of capeshit and shared universe bullshit again
My sides, and Cap and Thor were well liked. It sold Evans and Hemsomething to the people. WW gave me hope for solos, still wanna see how she does in a film without her Steve.
>>93467710
WW is their Ironman too. They rebooted Batman too soon. RDJ had no precursor so people will remember him like they remember Reeve.
>>
>>93468035
I'm sorry, you think I'm a Punisherfag?
>>
>>93467338
Snyderfriends allows seem to be in this reality where Snyder has no control over the scenarios presented in the film. The answer is to not write those situations in the first place. This is why the defended for the neck snap are stupid.
>>
>>93468154
I'm thinking you're a dumbass who thinks 3 low budget films spread out over decades = A List.

Punisher was important in comics for a while, but that means nothing to normies.
>>
>>93468155
>The answer is to not write those situations in the first place.
But that is cowardly walking on egg shells instead of creating a story with weight, tension & consequences.
Some of us desperately fucking want a Superman film that is fucking serious & not easy walk in the dog park.
A character who has to struggle & endure hardship and sacrifices is inherently more inspirational then one who can solve anything with no downside or struggle at all.
>>
>>93468126
>WW is their Ironman too.
When Gadot starts pushing films to a billion dollars, get back to me. She won't have Pine carrying her next time.
>>
>>93468192
>he thinks I think Punisher is A-list

lol
>>
File: Superman GR.jpg (639KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
Superman GR.jpg
639KB, 1024x819px
>>93468219
>A character who has to struggle & endure hardship and sacrifices is inherently more inspirational then one who can solve anything with no downside or struggle at all.

Yet that version of Superman has been an enduring Icon for over 60 years.

You're trying to take a different hero's story and laminate it over Superman. It doesn't take well to being TDK'd.
>>
>>93468224
She's the closest thing.I doubt they can pull it with Moana or Erza if they ever make a Flash movie.
>>
>>93468301
They simply need to hand over the Bat-mantle to someone less famous but more appealing.

Ben is too drunk and sleepy for this shit.
>>
>>93467279
It's not easy being green.
>>
>>93467518
So why didn't they?
He revealed himself.
Hell, Zod revealed a whole lot more.
So where's the shit burning down?
>>
>>93468271
>Yet that version of Superman has been an enduring Icon for over 60 years.
Then he can survive pandering to a different target audience for a individual adaption, just like James Bond survived various changes in tone & style.
>>
>>93468430
It doesn't matter if they actually did so or not it's was still a valid concern and it shows that this Superman actually considers the consequences of his actions instead of blindly believing everything will work out find like a fucking child.
>>
>>93466521
You have the audience scores right in the OP you fucking shill
>>
>>93468456
>It doesn't matter if they actually did so or not
Goalposts successfully moved.
>Superman is a pessimist like mature adults like me
Just admit you don't actually like the character. You're don't have to.
>>
>>93468464
The audience scores show Marvel wins 3 of the 4 bouts, with Wonder Woman topping Thor.

Which, frankly, SHOULD be what happened, because it's fucking Wonder Woman. The real odd thing is Hulk having a better audience score than BvS.
>>
>>93468501
How's that odd
>>
>>93467006
wondy is less than the squad? it could be considered in this light that capitalism has failed.
>>
>>93468501
So you're now aware that Man of Steel was better liked than 3 of the first 4 MCU movies. Good
>>
>>93468464
C'mon dude, that's the shillest metric where people can vote without seeing the movie. I mean jesus:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/king_arthur_legend_of_the_sword/
>>
>>93468467
>pessimist
No a realist.
>Just admit you don't actually like the character
I liked Tas as much as Batman tas as a child and after Mos came out I have been absorbing tons of Superman material and liked or loved almost all of it and currently of the 15 comic series I am reading, the main Rebirth Superman book is easily my favorite.
Does that fucking sound like I don't like the character?
>>
>>93468596
>Iron Man 2 is Certified Fresh
Actually I can think of a shiller metric just looking at this thread
>>
>see this thread
>it's turned into company war autism once more
Brings a smile to my face.
>>
>>93466459
You dceu fags really are blind aren't you
>>
>>93467338
>it's NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE
There are live action Japanese movies that do this, man, and their modern cinema largely blows.
>>
>>93466521
/thread
>>
>>93468565
WW has only been out for two weeks and hasn't came out in china yet. Superhero flicks are HUGE in china, they made up like 40% of those box-offices.
>>
>>93468574
2 of the 4.
91 > 76 > 75
>>
>>93469698
3 weeks. And it has already opened in China, 80millions so far
>>
>>93468606
All pessimists claim they're realists.
>>
>>93468530
I suppose I meant more that in theory BvS should've been a slam dunk. It's got the two biggest names in the entire franchise, whereas Hulk was a psuedo-sequel/reboot of at best, a B-C lister.

Which I guess is more evidence that they dropped the ball with the former.
>>
>>93468606
>Does that fucking sound like I don't like the character?
Yes.
>>
>>93469814
Look the ratings
>>
>>93466459
If
>A)Darksnyder doesn't come back.
and
>B)Warner Bros stops meddling too much with their marketing ideas that end up with bullshit rewrites.
DCEU can actually be as good or maybe better than the MCU, but they have to actually care for pushing more B to Z listers.
>>
>>93469851
Yeah, that's what i was thinking

Speaking of Hulk, i always found it weird how relatively low-profile his movies have been. Everyone knows the big green guy, he had a tv show in the '70s and all, but nobody cared about the movies. Maybe the first was too boring for the masses, but then with the more action-packed reboot nothing changed. Funny how it works
>>
>>93466902

I'm OK on your MCU except all recent releases. And you skipped the two team-up films. CA-CW is definitely not an equivalent with TWS. I personally would even argue that TFA is better than CW for the two simple reasons that their is no failure of logic or convenience of plot device audience needs to swallow for plot to make sense, nor is there any 'convenient plot device is convenient' in TFA saving Cap being at the front at exactly the same point in time that the 107th was recently captured. Sometimes real life does have this, so one is easily to swallow/accept. CW is nothing but plot contrivances convenient for lazy scriptwriters and Zemo.

Distraught mom confronting Stark one on one and Scarlett Witch causing very public, high display, easily recorded for repeat viewing but hard to have a balanced conversation about super herorics/enhanced individuals with such an obvious visual piece broadcast multiple times would be the two convenient plot devices that should be acceptable to set up story and for audience to swallow. You are grading Antman and DS way too high.

Likewise, Superman The Movie is criminally underrate, TDK and TDKR are over rated.
>>
>>93470108
There is no forced plot convenience in CW
>>
>>93468724
I don't find it so amusing. Company wars are cancerous bullshit. Entertainment is not a zero sum game, you fuckwits. Someone else's preferences do not detract from your own. If they do, it's you who has the problem.
>>
>>93469978
At least part of the is probably due to Universal fucking around with the usage rights.
>>
>>93469904
Higher percentage (by 0.1 of a point) of an overall lower sample size. That's less of an accomplishment, IMO.
>>
>>93467195
>build universe on beloved film

What is Hulk #1 and Hulk #2

>continue with consistent quality throughout
>able to jump genres while never betraying the tone
>colorful antihero team up feels earned
>cosmic connected universe built on grounded beginnings

Opinions. Everybody has 'em. Re-read your critical consensus as to #1, #2 and #4 above, and you won't find blanket disagreement. I did a quick check of more than half of the positive reviews on meteoritic (their links are better than RTs for older films) and NO ONE mentions these.
>>
>>93470164
Well it's not
>>
>>93470108
>CW is nothing but plot contrivances convenient for lazy scriptwriters and Zemo.
>Distraught mom confronting Stark one on one and Scarlett Witch causing very public, high display, easily recorded for repeat viewing but hard to have a balanced conversation about super herorics/enhanced individuals with such an obvious visual piece broadcast multiple times would be the two convenient plot devices that should be acceptable to set up story and for audience to swallow.

Not that anon but I don't really see how your examples are plot contrivances. I also think that CW makes more sense as a complete work when taken in the context of a franchise; it's a lot more tied to the previous movies when you look beyond it to the build up in the last installations of the serial.
>>
>>93470196
Why not? It's easier to get more of a little than a lot.
>>
>>93470140
>forced plot convenience

So Zemo can accomplish everything he achieved because (a) he's magic (b) he can teleport (c) everybody knows an individual working by himself has all the resources in the world, etc. etc.

Watch Cinema Sins, Honest Trailers, read some actual reviews that include the word "Zemo" in them. Don't just mouth off platitudes that prove you know nothing.
>>
>>93470234
At that point the sample size doesn't matter because both are big enough. People just liked MoS better

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers
>>
>>93470285
Why should i watch comedy channels made to exaggerate and nitpick? Explain to me how Zemo accomplished the impossible. He literally just interrogated a few people, replaced a psychiatrist and wore a mask to look like Bucky
>>
>>93470221

Tony Stark travels with an entourage. He travels with at least his hand repulsers as the film itself shows. In that kind of event and in that kind of situation, there is security, even if it's not specifically Stark's - no casual audience goer who is a middle-aged+ mom would be able to get that close IN THAT situation.

Likewise, SW using her powers to make such a clear error in a public way where it could be recorded for viewing over and over again (see how the cable channels report on cop chest video cams and when news channels crop those and repeat just portions, versus having a discussion on the specific incidents and what is the kind of thing that gets easily reported and repeated on line - look at the WW actress made $300K versus MoS actor making $14M tweets, blog and Business Insider/Buzz Feed type posts without the context of the actual facts.

SW did all sorts of things to the actual AVENGERS in AOU without a single flaw. Everything else she did in AOU was flawless. All of a sudden she can't do one thing, and it happens in a very public setting (e.g. loads of witnesses) and is very broad, visual and easy to misinterpret act of property and civilian damage, PLUS gets recorded visually for repeat broadcasting? THATS THE TOTAL DEFINITION OF PLOT CONTRIVANCE/CONVENIENCE.

And my point is that one or two of these are allowed in a film or tv show (or book, comic book, etc.). A whole slew of them (which is exactly what the entirely of Zemo's plot is) not only isn't acceptable - it's just sloppy, lazy writing.

As just one example: knowing who the psychologist is, getting to him, killing him without anyone finding out until way too late, getting into a highly guarded, highly secure place to get to the WS, not to even mention having the book with the words on him, all that was purely plot contrivance and lazy scripting.

Likewise, finding, being able to kill a Red Room/Hydra agent in an easily accessed, crappy who conveniently kept book with phrases.
>>
>>93470405

Why should I explain something to someone stupid who clearly has their mind made up?
>>
Combined Rotten tomatoes score of these three Capeshit universes:

MCU - 310%
Fox X-men Universe - 263%
DCEU - 199%

And people said the Fox X-men Universe was dead after the fourth movie, Wolverine Origins. As far as I'm concerned, people are being nice to the DCEU.
>>
>>93470681

>Combined Rotten tomatoes score of the first four movies of these three Capeshit universes
>>
>>93470681
Now post the box office of the first 4 movies of each one.
>>
File: 006.png (886KB, 1188x1437px) Image search: [Google]
006.png
886KB, 1188x1437px
>>93470681
>. As far as I'm concerned, people are being nice to the DCEU.
Very nice indeed
>>
>>93470753
>>93470724

>box office gross

Not really fair. X3 broke the Memorial day weekend record when it came out. These movies came out at different times. DCEU is benefitting from the superheroes being ingrained into the cultural zeitgeist.
>>
>>93470853
>Not really fair
Sure thing buddy
>>
>>93470753
>>93470853
>>93470943

The Avengers $623,357,910
Avengers: Age of Ultron $459,005,868
Iron Man 3 $409,013,994
Captain America: Civil War $408,084,349

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice WB $330,360,194
Suicide Squad WB $325,100,054
Wonder Woman WB $318,380,158
Man of Steel WB $291,045,518

laughing_chris_evans.jpg
>>
>>93470438
>W did all sorts of things to the actual AVENGERS in AOU without a single flaw. Everything else she did in AOU was flawless. All of a sudden she can't do one thing
Not that guy, but i think you're expecting someone to always be at peak perfomance when everyone has a bad day once in a while.
>>
>>93471089
Those aren't the first 4 movies though

>those diminishing returns on the avengers flicks
Holy shit
>>
>>93470853
>implying that MCU didn't benefit from TDK trilogy making capeshit being taken seriously
>Implying that all Superheroes didn't benefit from the Classic Superman trilogy sucess.
The only thing Marvel did first was the shared universe but that's a project that DC mentioned publicly first.
>>
>>93471120

>first four

I'm comparing the top 4 movies not the first 4.
>>
>>93471089
first movies from franchises make less money than sequels/next movies, nice try though.
>>
>>93471147
I know you're moving goalpost anon, but thanks for admitting it
>>
>>93466459
how on earth did Thor ever get that high a rating?
>>
>>93471199
I wonder, Is the worst capeshit I ever saw. Thor almost introduce all characters to the audience directly, it was almost like he was breaking the fourth wall.
>>
I think the DCU is never gonna produce another movie as good as Batman v Superman and the MCU is gonna keep making the same movie about twice a year.
>>
Threads like this are just proof that /co/ has become nothing more than AA for DCEU fans.
>>
>>93471557
>Wonder Woman has a good chance of outgrossing Civil War in the US
I think DCEU fans are doing fine, anon
>>
>>93471597
> in the US

Hope every movie the DCEU puts out is a solo female super hero movie then.

I mean I'm glad a DCEU movie has finally embraced the success of the MCU formula, but a single good film doesn't make up for three utter critical disasters that couldn't make the two most popular comic book characters ever into marketable icons.

The MCU made it's name by bringing recognition to the left over heroes Marvel still had the rights to essentially building a brand and name recognition for them from the ground up in the eyes of the comicbook illiterate masses where as the DCEU has been aping it with their biggest names and only managed to find commercial success by marketing an entire movie to Hot Topic Tweens and critical success by floating a relatively lukewarm movie with on a cloud of tokenism.

This doesn't mean the DCEU can't still be a pleasant turn around at some point, but at this point they're still just chasing the MCU formula and Avengers buckeroos with few if any positive lessons learned from their hit or miss success. Threads like this are little more than mental exercises in reassurance for DCEU fans who deep down want to believe everything will be alright, but experience tells them otherwise.

They talk endless shit about the MCU in both its current and past state claiming it peaked with Iron Man 1, but still try and use it as a metric to assure themselves the DCEU will turn out alright by comparison to Marvel's said "rocky start".

They argued endlessly that MoS and BvS were gold despite the popular consensus, admonishing the industry and casuals alike, yet latched onto the superficiality of the Skwad's profitability and Oscar as well as WW's feminist agenda boosted reviews with reckless abandon.

Just a bunch of petty little fanboys doing mental gymnastics and making whatever justification after the fact. For all their bitching and whining, threads like this prove that all DCEU fans really want is to have a movie franchise like the MCU.
>>
>>93471897
>Threads like this are little more than mental exercises
Then why did you post all that mental gymnastics? WW could very well outgross Civil War, an Avengers movie with Spider-Man and that's not a mental exercise, that's the industry experts projection. I think you're only one butt damaged, friend
>>
>>93471897
>That entire post
Holy shit were you molested by a DC employee or some shit?.
>>
>>93471597
Are these the same DCEU fans who bashed movie like Avengers claiming the mad bank they made meant absolutely nothing?
>>
>>93471897
>DCEU movie has finally embraced the success of the MCU formula
I dont remember Diana quipping to German soldiers in trench scene.
Nice try tho faggot.
>>
>>93471897
Shouldn't you be posting pics of empty theaters?
>>
>>93471965
How was any of that mental gymnastics? It points out a very clear double standard of logic and hypocrisy. Not that I honestly expect you to address any point I bring up that doesn't suit your superficial narrative.

And yes, congrats to WW on it's DOMESTIC success, but it's funny now how financial success matters that DCEU movies have it, but before that MCU movies were admonished for how much money they made. I mean, we were supposed to hate Avengers for being a casual popcorn flick, but WW being a token feminist flagship boosted by female viewership is okay I guess.

Skwad made mad bank too, it was still a terrible movie that even DCEU fans won't defend outside of its commercial success.
>>
>>93471967
>>93472085
Deflection

Not a single point was validly addressed.
>>
>>93472094
But you didn't bring any point. You claim that they embraced the MCU formula but we all saw the movie and know that they haven't. Other than that, I see nothing but a sad guy lashing out because all his shilling was for nothing and his favourite brand is still so bland they can't even win make up oscars, the brand he hates is objectively succesful and WW is one of the biggest hits in capeshit ever, so much so that other movies are lowering their estimations because of its impact on the box office
>>
>>93471965
You have no idea. I've had arguments with anons claiming Disney is secretly bleeding money left and right to sustain the MCU, because they supposedly thought that the natural progression of the franchise would lead to every post-Avengers movie to make more and more money
>>
>>93472183
>>93471897
The MCU formula is nothing but "movie that makes sense"
>>
>>93472183
I brought up several valid points oultining hypocritical behavior in DCEU fans, bashing one brand for the very same thing they laud another for. I'm sorry you took exception to my use of the term "Marvel formula", but as pointed out here >>93472210 The Marvel formula is anything that is predictably good, often mediocre like Wonder Woman. Quips are not inherent to the formula and honestly outside of Whedon's Avengers quips really aren't that prevalent in most of the MCU movies, not that I expect you to have watched anything post phase 1. But now that Whedon is at DC, I guess it's only a matter of time before Quips are a good thing now that they're in DC movies.

Even then you're still dodging the point of this thread using the MCU as a gold standard that the DCEU will still turn out alright despite the DCEU fanbase's insistence that the MCU has always been shit, well except for Iron Man 1 that is, but even this thread claims that was a rocky start, so I guess keeping your story strait or adhering to any consistency what-so-ever before the fact is just beneath such sophisticated connoisseurs of kino.

Piss Jars for everyone!
>>
>>93472320
/thread
>>
>>93472320
>outside of Whedon's Avengers quips really aren't that prevalent in most of the MCU movies
Are you mentally ill or just a very obvious shill? That fat comedic relief chinese market pandering piece of shit character in Doctor Strange is one of the worst thing I've seen in any capemovie and it's 100% quips, the airport brawl, Ant-Man as a whole. Fuck the entire movie is ruined by quips, they ruined the climatic fight of GotG with a quip too. Those movies are awful, anon. Just awful. They made Iron Man 1 without a script and they stray further from that blind luck with every movie.

Wonder Woman was a better movie than anything Marvel except Iron Man and your golden standard of "objective quality", the All Mighty Tomatoe agrees. Audiences say so too, and box office too. You see I don't believe in objective quality myself, I liked MoS, enjoyed BvS despite its flaws and I hated the living shit out of Suicide Squad. That's not objective, the objective fact is that the DCEU is already alright, they don't have flops unlike the MCU and every movie they make is more succesful than the last. And it's still embarrassing that Marvel can't win oscars, not even technical ones, after 15 movies. That's objective, anon. That and nothing else
>>
I have a few questions for the autists posting in this thread: why do company wars matter so much? Does it really matter if you like one company whilst another person likes another?

I don't understand it.
>>
>>93472659
It doesn't matter, it's just funny that one side shilled multiple boards making memes about people relapsing into alcoholism and young girls killing themselves and now the movie they tried to smear is more succesful that the movies they shilled for.

That's all the appeal really
>>
>>93467716
>If the A-List was Spidey and the X-Men then Iron Man and his fellow Avengers were B-List.

The only people who knew Ironman were people who actually read comics. Cap and Thor were B-list, but premovie Tony was D-List. He was only a few levels higher than Starfox.
>>
>>93472600
> Doctor Strange
> 100% quips

As if you couldn't made the fact you never watched the movie anymore obvious. In fact your use of "Quips" just seems to be nothing more than an ambiguously interchangeable term for anything vague and negative.

> airport brawl

Oh jeez, this isn't a clear giveaway that someone never watched anything more than the trailers.

In fact the bulk of your angry ranting post just seems nonsensical baseless claims you're throwing at the wall hoping they'll stick now that you've utterly failed to spin my post you're responding to into anything favorable for yourself.

And you still can't change the fact that this thread is using the MCU as a gold standard that the DCEU will still turn out alright despite the DCEU fanbase's insistence that the MCU has always been shit, well except for Iron Man 1 that is, but even this thread claims that was a rocky start, so I guess keeping your story strait or adhering to any consistency what-so-ever before the fact is just beneath such sophisticated connoisseurs of kino.

If you want to have an actual discussion, then by all means, but if all you're going to do is machine gun meme insults against movies you didn't watch then forgive me if I call you out on your fanboy bias.

I hereby declare that everyone's mother's name be changed to Martha in the name of world peace.
>>
>>93472320
>>93472735
>>93472757
Bringing the truth.

God bless the few sane people who still use /co/.
>>
>>93472659
>If someone is enjoying a thing I don't enjoy, then my enjoyment will decrease!
Yeah, I have no fucking clue. Entertainment is not a zero sum game, and liking things from different companies means jack shit.

I enjoy both Suicide Squad and Thunderbolts. Similar premise, different companies, both mostly good. Granted, I read more DC stuff than Marvel, but's mere happenstance. I don't really care what company puts out what so long as it's good. All the major publishers have plenty of good stuff under their belts, or else they wouldn't be major publishers.
>>
File: 1497734122988.jpg (101KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497734122988.jpg
101KB, 600x900px
Look at the audience scores though. We all know liberals control media and Marvel is more inclined to be a political pamphlet. DC just does it's cape story and almost nothing more. The reviewer scores are nothing but politics.
>>
>>93472600
This here is a typical case of a troll whose apparently never watched any of the movies he's criticizing yet has gotten away with using these spammed insults so often (or at least seen others get away with it) that he feels emboldened to keep doing so despite how erroneous and vague they are.

I've seen 8-year-olds make more coherent arguments blasting things they don't like for no particular reason.
>>
Man of Steel was good.
Batman v Superman was good.
Suicide Squad was very rough.
Wonder Woman was alright.
>>
>>93472757
>MCU as a gold standard
But I just said all those movies are awful, I wouldn't like if DC started doing movies like those and I'm glad they found ways to be succesful without following that model. I'm glad Fox did it too.

> the DCEU will still turn out alright
More alright? More alright than almost a billion ahead the MCU by the 4th movie, one oscar and one of the most loved movies of the decade in the genre that has outgrossed Winter Soldier in three weeks? Gee, you guys sure have high standards

And please stop quoting yourself
>>93472792
>>93472443
It's sad
>>
>>93472844
Yeah... but notice how the Marvel audience scores have almost three times as many contributors for each score which can mean any number of things, not many of them positive for the DCEU, though this is entirely speculatory.
>>
File: 1453688112608.jpg (40KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
1453688112608.jpg
40KB, 350x347px
>>93466459
>Iron Man 91%
>"a rough start"
>>
>>93472899
But WW hasn't beat TWS yet

Not that it can't, it just didn't already, what are you smoking? Why are you pretending the MCU movies aren't loved? Acengers literally started an industry crossovers trend. WW has been directly compared to MCU movies among others, why are you here acting like that's not happening?
>>
>>93472899
Unless you're the OP, using your own statements to contradict this thread really doesn't hold water as a retort.

> DC almost a billion ahead of the MCU by the 4th movie

Jeez, you'd think the DCEU came out swinging with it's biggest properties strait out of the gate while Marvel was forced to build their brand from the ground up. And it's not like the MCU helped pave the way for the success of the DCEU films by standardizing cape flicks as something more than a roll of a dice studio venture.

> stop talking to yourself

Yes, because you could never be the minority in any situation amirite?
>>
>>93472971
Because normies. Reee.
>>
File: popcorn.png (639KB, 773x474px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.png
639KB, 773x474px
>>93472899
>I wouldn't like if DC started doing movies like those and I'm glad they found ways to be succesful without following that model

Should we tell him?
I don't think he knows yet.
>>
>>93472971
>But WW hasn't beat TWS yet
Not worldwide, Wonder Woman had so little marketing budget it was impossible to compete abroad. But domestic has moped the floor with Cap, costing less and not being a sequel.
>Why are you pretending the MCU movies aren't loved?
You shouldn't post when you're high, I said they are awful and that I'm glad that DC isn't following the formula. People like Transformers movies and Suicide Squad too, fuck they love the DCEU as a whole too.

>>93472995
>Jeez, you'd think the DCEU came out swinging with it's biggest properties strait out of the gate
Just like Marvel. It's a shame that Hulk and First Avenger flopped but they struck gold with Iron Man at least.
>And it's not like the MCU helped pave the way for the success of the DCEU films by standardizing cape flicks
Sure thing, Raimi and Nolan and the first X-Men movies don't exist.
>>
>>93472702
>being this much of an autist
You're funny, anon.
>>
>>93466459
>IM2
>SEVENTY TWO (72) %
RT is fucking garbage
IM2 is by far the worst MCU movie on par with fucking Suicide Squad with how fucking bad it is.
>>
Sure, if Snyder keeps only on the periphery.
>>
>>93473089
>I'm glad that DC isn't following the formula.

Anon, DC is switching over to the the Marvel formula. It's already set in stone. I'm surprised you didn't know yet.
>>
>>93473153
>on par with fucking Suicide Squad with how fucking bad it is.
No, no, no, no.
It's bad, but it's not THAT bad. I could buy MoS level, but SS?
>>
>>93472899

>I wouldn't like if DC started doing movies like those and I'm glad they found ways to be succesful without following that model.

Please tell me how it's unlike that model.
>>
>>93473183
>Anon, DC is switching over to the the Marvel formula
Not in Wonder Woman
>>
>>93473215
Sonething sonething no quips something something 2deep
>>
>>93473089
> All this angry sperging
> b-b-b-b-but Domestic

Again, cherry picking after the fact to make your situation look more impressive than what it actually is.

Also the Spider-Man and X-Men movies both shat the bed ruining alot of faith in Cape Movie longevity for many casual moviegoers. And the Nolan films really never struck a cord with the masses outside of the Dark Knight and their momentum would have only helped Man of Steel on blind faith alone and even then they dropped that angle with the second movie in (BvS) to turn the Nolan aesthetic into an Avengers cash grab.

The Point is, Cape films were never a sure fire thing for consistent quality before the MCU and seeing how that's translated to movies like Ant-Man, Dr. Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy performing as strongly as they did for what they were vs how they might have fared before the MCU speaks volumes to this fact.
>>
>>93473225
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
File: 005.png (530KB, 1367x1462px) Image search: [Google]
005.png
530KB, 1367x1462px
>>93473266
But I'm not angry nor cherry picking

>>93473289
Explain how it is, remember that MoS, BvS and SS all had humour bits too
>>
File: Don't worry.png (132KB, 364x354px) Image search: [Google]
Don't worry.png
132KB, 364x354px
>>93473225
>Not in Wonder Woman
Learn to read a little more, I said "DC is switching" not "DC switched", I know it's a subtle, but there is a huge difference.

JL is going to be the first movie to start using the Marvel formula. Before you get all high and mighty, by saying that it's too late for Whedon to make any real changes, just know that the announcement of the "revolutionary injection of humor" came out last year and the quip fest was planned long before Whedon was brought on.
>>
>>93473215
>>93473215
Because the main character isn't a sarcastic character with a heart of gold (Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Starlord, Ant-Man, Thor) who gets it's powers (if origin story) in the first act which ends with him seeing his mentor die, or gets involved in a nonsensical quest to find some macguffin (if sequel), etc. You know, the formula. I just don't see it in Wonder Woman
>>
>>93473322
>comparing one of the big 3 DC heroes to "literal who?" the team

Oh boy, that's sad. By all rights WW should have has twice the domestic total.
>>
>>93466459
Oh wow, Hulk is just scraping by
>>
>>93473380
Oh yeah, remember the mcguffin in TWS and GotG2. Remember the mentor dying in Thor, GotG, Ant-man, TIH... remember how Cap and Hulk are sarcastic guys, T-Challa will probably be one too!
>>
>>93466916
1>3>5>2>4
>>
>>93473322
So the famous and critically acclaimed WW can't even match GotG, a literally "who" franchise? I'm not sure how that's helping your case here.

And yes, it is cherry picking because you're using only one piece of data to create a more favorable view by excluding other factors.

> remember that MoS, BvS and SS all had humour bits too

So WW is the only DCEU movie without quips, because that's what you said above when denying it's adherence to a MCU formula, but here you're claiming all the DCEU movies had quips. So....

>>93473380
That's not the MCU formula that's just the "every MCU movie is Iron Man" meme. And where is Captain America in that post because that's the MCU movie WW is the most like. See, the "Marvel formula" so many people refer to yet so vaguely define is the sum of the pacing, structure and story setup which results in an often mediocre-good film that takes little chances, but capitalizes on surefire unambitious tropes often with an expendable villainous element, which Wonder Woman exemplifies to a T.
>>
File: 007.png (707KB, 1421x2112px) Image search: [Google]
007.png
707KB, 1421x2112px
>>93473409
>>93473525
>WW can't even match GotG
But it's absolutely destroying it. 50 millions more by the third weekend despite the higher budget and marketing. And this is one of the biggest successes in the MCU.

Don't worry about them literal whos, the highest grossing movie ever had made up characters and the MCU sequels do just as bad
>>
>>93473380
>gets involved in a nonsensical quest to find some macguffin
Yeah, it's not like JL's just going to be a big quest to gather 3 mother boxes to stop the invasion.

Oh, wait.
>>
>>93473675
Why are you only using the Domestic earnings?
>>
>>93473675
>Still selecting the BO
>Still selecting only older movies
>Still avoiding all the MCU movies that made more than a billion
And biggest of all
>Still acting like a movie's success invalidates the others'
>>
>>93466589
They made a Silver Surfer movie?
>>
>>93468192
He clearly meant Punisher is lower. Are you retarded?
>>
>>93473831
They made one ten years ago, anon.
>>
>>93473334
By "Marvel formular" you means not dark right? Kinda like what Pirates of Caribbean and Transformers were doing even before MCU first movie?
>>
>>93474082
I'm gonna be real, I forgot.
Should I have gone for "The Sinister Six movie came out?" Would that have worked better?
>>
>>93474211
JL's basically if DC took all the quips from the avengers, removed most of the build up of multiple movies, added a ton of characters to introduce, and then thrown in a forced macguffin.
>>
>>93466459
>They both had a rough start with one great film to balance it out
Please don't tell me you're trying to say WW is the one good movie.
>>
>>93466459
The Superhero fad will die out before we even get to see things like Brainiac and Metallo, so no
>>
>>93474419
Critics, adience approval and box office say so why?In your opinion is not a good movie?
>>
>>93474419
Well it's certainly not one of the other three.
>>
>>93467279
That's because Armand Hammer will have a surprise appearance as Hal Jordan
>>
>>93473442
I remember people passing on Norton Hulk because of Bana Hulk.
>>
>>93474726
I liked both cause I'm a fucking weirdo.
Bana was like a stupid B movie with the hilarious editing. The action scenes were fun enough, especially Hulk wrecking military in the desert.
Norton was good enough. Had the current Marvel movie feel, but one of the weaker ones.
>>
All capeshit is garbage
>>
>>93466512
Welp time to kill the rest of his family.
>>
>>93466459
Yes. And if they manage to do all th emovies they promised it will be interesting to check out
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.