[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

When did DC stop pushing him?
>>
>>
>>93465746
>When did DC stop pushing him?
Cyborg - New 52
>>
File: Supergirl movie.jpg (42KB, 794x334px) Image search: [Google]
Supergirl movie.jpg
42KB, 794x334px
>>93465767
Still 1 of only 2 capekinos WB has never put on Blu Ray.
>>
>>93465746
Blame Greg Pak making Lana lang his girlfriend
>>
>>93465776
It's a shame. Steel was one of the best parts of the 52 weekly series, the Priest book was wonderful, and so was his time in Morrison's JLA. Steel would have been a great choice for a founding JLA member.
>>
>>93467076
Steel's Superman's legacy. He can't be a founding member anymore than Robin can.

Which isn't to say he isn't awesome. I think Steel is legit the best B or C lister DC has. He needs to be in more stuff.
>>
>>93467342
>>93467076

I wish he got a better costume.
>>
>>93465746
can't push a black character if he doesn't show any skin so people can know that he is black.
>>
>>93467446
No, stupid.
See
>>93467342
>Steel's Superman's legacy. He can't be a founding member anymore than Robin can.
This is the reason.
>>
>>93465746
>Not a electra nigga
Gee I wonder
>>
He never made it out of the 90s, did he?
>>
Hes a less equipped War Machine and made obsolete because of Mother Box powered Cyborg sadly. How do you improve Henry Irons these days?
>>
>>93467076
Priest doesn't write every black character, anon. Steel's awesome 90's solo title was written by Louise Simonson with great art from Chris Batista. I loved that book.
>>
>>93467342
Would it really change the character at all to divorce him from the Superman family?
>>
When DC stopped caring about Superman's supporting cast altogether.
>>
>>93467795
The Simonson run isn't anything special. The Priest one is super underrated.
>>
>>93467965
I would say yes, very much so.

To me, the best thing about Steel is that he's a completely regular dude who saw the world lose its godlike protector and decided that he's going to pick up the slack. He doesn't unlimited strength. He doesn't have infinite vision. All he has is his suit and the inspiration to rise up when the situation demands it. Steel is Superman's legacy in the truest sense of the word.
>>
>>93465746
Never really got why someone would make a robo helmet, and then put huge lips on the robo helmet.
>>
>>93467655
And Lex is pretty much doing the exact same thing right now.

Armor suit imitating Superman with the shield etc.
>>
File: Joker.jpg (21KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.jpg
21KB, 600x316px
>>93467655
It's simple. We, uh, kill the Cyborg.
>>
>>93468500
Because it looks sick as shit plus we're used to that whole Silver Surfer thing.
>>
>>93468014
Weezy created the character and provided the basis for his characterization. He wouldn't exist without her. But you're right, Priest wrote the last 19 issues of the book, with art by the great Denys Cowan. I should check those out.
>>
>>93465746
About one month after his ongoing ended.

So what, 20 years ago now?
>>
>>93467342
Honestly, Robin makes way more sense as a JLA member than fucking Cyborg.

Like why would Batman be worthy, but not his #1 ally?
>>
>>93467655
Make Steel's armor out of a re-engineered Mother Box?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.