[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgco/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

A thought hit me the other day, are there any priest/cleric heroes? Think about it.

Wizard-Doctor Strange, Doctor Fate-studied for their magic power
Sorcerer-Mutants specifically Ilyana Rasputin and Wanda Maximoff, inborn seemingly "magical" powers, Storm also.
Psions-any marvel Psychics, Cassandra Cain, Professor X, Jean Grey.
Fighter- on lower levels Batman, Daredevil, Captain America, and so on. Thor and Hercules and Wonder Woman are higher levels.
Barbarian- The Incredible Hulk, usually.
Beastmaster/Druid- Beast Boy.
Ranger-Hawkeye, Green Arrow.
Monk-Iron fist.

But no character's that I can think of with outright contracts to deities and such. Why is that?
>>
Cause you didn't think about that shit long enough.

>Brother Voodoo
Dude's generally more a Necromancer but he is serving on the behest, and at the whims of the Loa.
>Ghost Riders
Literally have contracts with Zarathos.

Strange almost counts, depending on where you draw the line with deities. He sold his soul to a greater power, and there was that whole mess where the entire pantheon he's been invoking came back to bite him in the ass. They did throw around the term contract in the issue.

Would Fate count as a wizard? I thought the magic was all the helm of fate's doing.
>>
>>93462602
Did you forget about the Spectre?
>>
>>93464138
Fuck,you're right. But isn't he an outright deity?
>>93464118
Fuck, you are too. Always forget Ghost Rider.

Thanks boys.
>>
Look up villains, especially in sword-and-sorcery-ish comics.

Problem of Evil is a bitch, nigga. The best gods are evil, so the best priest/cleric characters are villains.
>>
Constantine uses mostly clerical magic, early on before he becomes OP.
>>
>>93462602
Wonder Woman is more or less a paladin.

White Witch of the Legion of Super-Heroes straight up uses D&D style Vancian magic. Like, the comparison is even directly made, with recurring joke of Legionnaires playing D&D.
>>
>>93462602
Elixer, a mutant who heals people
>>
>>93462602
>But no character's that I can think of with outright contracts to deities and such
Spider-Man :^)
>>
File: 1353368911061.jpg (208KB, 451x753px) Image search: [Google]
1353368911061.jpg
208KB, 451x753px
>>93466911
GOT 'EM
>>
>>93462602
I think the better question is who would be bards?

Rogues: Daredevil, Elektra and Batman.
Artificers: Mister Fantastic, Antman and Atom.
>>
>>93466994
Is Creeper a bard?
>>
>>93466994

Black Canary could be a bard with that voice and her high CHA.

Zatanna could probably fit under wizard as well.

Shazam could be a multi-classed sorceror/cleric, since he gets his powers from the gods and has innate magic rather than studied magic?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.