[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbing of Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 18

File: GET_OUTTA_MY_ASS.png (475KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
GET_OUTTA_MY_ASS.png
475KB, 1000x333px
Tonight we get the absolute delight of seeing Willis's two brand new characters interacting.

I'm just so glad he's so good at character design and writing, so we can really, really get a sense of these outstanding ladies and start to care about who they are.
>>
guess which one is abusive like in a statistically significant number of lesbian relationships?
>>
>>93461078
The best part is that we've only learned one of their names.

Also, is this another example of everything being about Becky? Because everything is about Becky right now. Becky and lesbians. Lesbians everywhere.

Why is Indiana so gay?
>>
>>93461078
Lesbian Grocery Store: the hot new webcomic concept now that Coffee House and Retail Misadventure is passe.
>>
>>93461078
Panel 3 is a lady who's realizing she's dealing with a person who explains her "origin story" every other day.
>>
oh shit, is that Rapin' Ryan's ghost in the background of panel 2? Oh right, we'll have to wait for 2018 before that thread gets picked up again
>>
>>93461078

Ah, so Anna is just Malaya 2.0, then. I wonder how many female characters Willis has created that fall under the banner of "unlikable, but everyone secretly loves her for some reason".
>>
>>93461160
I almost forgot until I saw the tags, but their names are Mindy and Anna.

Maybe instead of counting how it's been, what, 22 strips since Amber shanked Ryan, I should be counting the number of strips between their first appearance and the first "Mindiana" joke.
>>
>>93461096
Yeah, someone's getting yelled at until they cry on the ride home then a 70/30 chance she falls on a doorknob. Now we know why Mindy's nose is so messed up.

>>93461132
I'd give it a fair shot. Hit me with the elevator pitch.
>>
>>93461078
Ah, more characters. Both quirky lesbians no less. Riveting. Much more interesting than the mentally ill girl knife fighting a vengeful attempted rapist.
>>
>>93461321
I'm not that Anon, but:

Okay, so you know "Questionable Content"? You know "Shortpacked"? It's gonna be like those two, but everybody's a lesbian. And they're working in a grocery store because they get discounts on the cucumbers.
>>
>>93461078
More characters? The cast is already bloated enough as it is.
>>
>>93461358
I would read that
>>
There's more gay people in this town than I've met in 29 years across at least 5 states. What is in the water?
>>
>>93461147
Panel 3 is when a sane person would know to back away slowly and escape that conversation.
>>
>>93461457
Presumably the same chemicals they put in the water to turn the FREAKIN FROGS GAY.
>>
>>93461358
Lesbian Grocery Store would also have some humor about Organic Foods and those self-check out antics.

Also, Fun With Coupons.
>>
>>93461078
Wow it's a rare thing for a Willis comic... LESBIANS! Paired with another rare Willis character archtype... OBNOXIOUS ASSHOLE!
>>
>>93461387
And these characters aren't even college students, so they only purpose they can serve is for when Willis wants to teach Becky about how to be a proper lesbian, which he knows so fucking much about.
>>
>>93461078
>Just get some butter and get outta my ass
Usually you want the lubrication to get in there, heyo! Seriously though, "get outta my ass" can't be a real turn of phrase.

Mindy's face breaks down pretty hard when he does that mega eyebrow raise in the last panel.

Anyway, congrats >>91611241 (I was archive diving)
>Seeing these three pics back to back makes me think these two new characters are gay friends Becky finds and befriends and/or makes out with.
You fucking nailed it, famiglia.
>>
>>93461160
DoA Malaya has barely ever shown up so I don't know how she's treated but didn't most people aside from No Personality Ken hate Malaya in Shortpacked? Like Willis wrote a girl (and a lesbian girl!) who you were seemingly supposed to find unlikable.
>>
>>93461078
The facial expressions and dialogue don't match up at all. It's like it's poorly dubbed, or drawn first and then the dialogue was redone without bothering to change the art.
>>
>>93461603
She wasn't really a lesbian, she was part heterosexual part robosexual.
>>
Speaking of Malaya I'm surprised that Willis hasn't gotten around to ruining Arnold, the single best character he ever created that's not Mary.
>>
>>93461693
Don't jinx it.
>>
>>93461589
"Get out of my ass" seems like something you would say when someone is bothering you directly, not when they are wasting time by tarrying with an obnoxious Canon Sue in a grocery store.
>>
>>93461078
Jesus Christ. No Wonder Willis just reuses old characters endlessly.
>>
You know that one webcomic where Willis's friend is making fun of Willis for making every character in his comic lesbians?
>>
>>93462398
He's not making fun of him (at least not that particular comic). He's asking how he gets people invested in his shitty characters, to which Willis eventually responds with "Lesbians. Make them Lesbians"
>>
what the fuck does "get out of my ass" mean in this context?
>>
>>93462669
That phrase generally implies (usually "get off" rather than "get out of") that someone is annoying you and/or being clingy and you need them to GTFO.

It makes no sense here.
>>
>>93461528
>Lesbian Grocery Store
This should have had the first 10 strips finished by now

You're fucking slipping /co/
>>
>>93462416
He makes fun of him so much that I'm inclined to believe he's making fun of him here.
>>
>>93462669
fisting
>>
>>93463894
Anon, I'm pretty sure that's "Get in my ass!"
>>
File: 80s wheres the joke willis.jpg (108KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
80s wheres the joke willis.jpg
108KB, 750x537px
>>93461078
>>
>>93461078

Just what this comic needs. MORE goddamn lesbians.
>>
>>93461457

Willis' piss.
>>
>>93461457
It's something to do with the main cast of characters itself. You ever notice how everything that happens in DoA seems to occur to this specific subset of students?
>>
>>93461078
Time for some in-depth analysis.

First of all, this has the earmarks of an abusive relationship. Mindy isn't doing anything to annoy Anna except talking to another woman, yet Anna comes up with an aggressive, gruff posture, insults Becky and publicly humiliates Mindy in front of her. Also the language she uses: 'get outta my ass'. You say that if someone is in your personal space and annoying you. Mindy hasn't been doing anything to Anna; she's been interacting with Becky. If Anna finds this annoying enough to chastise her partner over in public, that's a very troubling indicator of a controlling personality - deciding who, when and where your partner can talk to others is a major warning sign of an abuser.

And look how Mindy's posture changes: submissive pose, nervous and anxious smile. She's worried about Anna's response. Her quip at the end? She's looking directly at Becky, not smiling. She's making a subtle outreach there, trying to let her know that Things Are Not Okay, but Anna's expression shows that she caught it.

Even Becky's expression in Panels 4 and 5 show that she's getting a whiff of Something Rotten in Denmark. Once these two leave, there's going to be trouble for Mindy. Physical and psychological abuse in lesbian couples is all too often not taken seriously or ignored and as someone who got out of that kind of relationship, I'm glad to see that it looks like Willis and DoA are starting to tackle this issue. It deserves more public attention and less 'lesbians are perfect and your girlfriend would never hit you uwu.' by fetishists and apologists. I hope this arc is a learning experience for Becky, so she can avoid the kinds of toxic, abusive relationships that other girls like her can get trapped in.

What do you think, anons? It's got the play-by-play that the 'good' commenters like to provide, but it suggests that lesbian relationships aren't all peaches and cream like fetishists and "allies" like to think they are.
>>
>>93465466
Find a way to make it tie into your own personal experiences as a lesbian woman of color and you're a lock for the DoA Comments Section.
>>
>>93465504
>your own personal experiences

>as someone who got out of that kind of relationship

Does being bi and having a psychologically abusive girlfriend count?
>>
>>93465466
I'd absolutely post that on the main site.
Worst case scenario, we get some amusing hypocrisy from willis and the commenters.
Best case, willis has to redo an entire subplot or risk losing fans.
Either way, it'll be funny.
>>
>>93465541
Anything to make Willis think twice about deleting your comment for daring to criticize his opinions.
>>
File: DorothyWhatsThiis.png (36KB, 111x246px) Image search: [Google]
DorothyWhatsThiis.png
36KB, 111x246px
>>93464695
Hey, they could be pan.

>>93465466
Sounds pretty good except for one thing. Queer women are perfect, anon, and they would never hit their significant other.

uwu
>>
>>93465611
>>93465611
>>93465611
>I'd absolutely post that on the main site.
>Worst case scenario, we get some amusing hypocrisy from willis and the commenters.

It's very tempting. If Willis actually intends to make Mindy and Anna's relationship abusive, then I'll take back some of the things I said about his ability to write lesbians. Of course, it may be nothing. I may be overreacting, but just from this one strip and the interactions here, all the little alarm bells in my head are going off.

I also don't want to get into a fight over this with other commenters. It may be anxiety, but I've had to fight too many supposed allies and friends who simply couldn't accept that abuse happens in lesbian relationships or that they insist that MEN are the abusers, not WOMEN. I must be mistaken, or blowing things out of proportion and on and on. It just turns into an ugly grind. Men can be shitty. Women can be just as shitty, but the kind of people who fetishize gay women don't want to know about that. It gets in the way of 'girls loving girls uwu'.

Sorry. This turned into a rant.

>>93465626
I wrote the above, then refreshed the page. You're eerily prescient.
>>
>>93465846
>If Willis actually intends to make Mindy and Anna's relationship abusive, then I'll take back some of the things I said about his ability to write lesbians. Of course, it may be nothing.
I wouldn't hold your breath much. This IS Willis, after all. For all we know, Anna's rough and gruff nature is supposed to come off as endearing, just like Carla.
>>
>>93461078
hmm, if I know Willis Butch here isn't hated for being a obnoxious asshole it will be purely because she's black
>>
>>93461078
How many fucking homosexuals can one location have?
>>
>>93462669
Willis is not quite good with HUE-MAN language.
>>
>>93465846
>I wrote the above, then refreshed the page. You're eerily prescient.
I was paraphrasing (you)r earlier words.

>>93465466
>It deserves more public attention and less 'lesbians are perfect and your girlfriend would never hit you uwu.' by fetishists and apologists.

And I don't like the idea of getting into fights in comments either, which is why I avoid the site. Don't really mind defending the things I write here, though.

Also I find it interesting that your takeaway was "whoa that lady is being way too aggro, seems like it could be abuse." Mine was "way to go making (another) angry black woman, Willis." It was fine as her being upset at Becky for being in the line, but this strip is just her being ornery for no reason (and two points make a line). Dude is just pushing everyone's buttons.
>>
>>93465939
Carla's supposed to be endearing?
She's an asshole so into being an asshole that she actively fights any attempt to paint her as a good person. She's basically mike if everyone around mike loved him for no raisin.
>>
>>93461096
Mindy, the bread winners usually the one putting me down. But they're so hot, I let them get away with it
>>
>>93466017
>I was paraphrasing (you)r earlier words.
I got that, I thought it was kind of funny, but tone and text...

>Also I find it interesting that your takeaway was "whoa that lady is being way too aggro, seems like it could be abuse." Mine was "way to go making (another) angry black woman, Willis." It was fine as her being upset at Becky for being in the line, but this strip is just her being ornery for no reason (and two points make a line). Dude is just pushing everyone's buttons.
Like I said, I could be wrong and just reading too much into it, but it comes across to me that if Willis isn't intentionally writing an abusive partner, he's stumbled into it. The way Anna interjects herself into the conversation, the way she asserts control over Mindy's behavior 'why are you talking to this person when you should be doing what i told you' and belittles her, to isolate her from Becky, the way Mindy's posture immediately becomes placating and submissive, etc.

This is my personal read, though and I don't know if Anna actually is an abuser or if Willis thinks angry, public sniping at a partner is an indicator of a healthy relationship.
>>
>>93465944
>How many fucking homosexuals can one location have?
And it's not even Northampton
>>
>>93465944
It's less an over abundance of lesbians, and more that every lesbian must be a character, because having straight NPCs is fine, but having lesbian background characters that never get brought up is erasure.
>>
>>93466880
Aren't blonde lesbian and girl Willis exactly that?
>>
>>93465466
In short, Mindy's getting a fisting tonight... and not the good kind.
>>
File: 1465218198636-1.png (223KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1465218198636-1.png
223KB, 460x276px
>>
So Becky just happens to run into another progressive Lesbian couple on her first day of "shopping?" Gees oh man Willis, what will you do next?
>>
>>93466373
Don't forget this is the same comic as BilliexRuth, which got the general reaction of "Aww, how romantic" from both the audience and the in-universe observers despite being repeatedly described as a death-spiral suicide pact in which they dragged each other down.
>>
>>93468258
But they're gay so it's totally pure.

If it was male/female it'd play out like a Lifetime movie.
>>
>>93468258
Ugh, don't remind me. That relationship is disgusting and I have contempt for Willis's readers who support and defend it and him for writing it (that's why I said I'd take back some of things I said about his writing, not all of them). Ruth stalked Billie, harassed her for days on end, broke into her room to steal and damage her things, extorted her, sexually harassed/assaulted (depending on how you want to read the kiss), but because they're girls, it's okay.

>>93468412
This. So much. It's a perfect example of what I said about fetishizing these characters. Because two girls together is hawt and cute and progressive, everyone wants to support it. If you say something negative about how incredibly unhealthy it is, then you're might be taken to task for implying lesbians (okay, bisexual potatoes) shouldn't be happy. That's not the right way of thinking, so that's how we get apologia about letting an abuser and her victim stay in a toxic co-dependent relationship while holding it up as some kind of strong, beautiful thing. It's not. Having the victim fall in love with their abuser is a bad fanfic cliche.
>>
>>93461201
Willis:
>I'm gonna make new characters for the first time in 20 years
>I want to name them after the state they live in

Supreme laziness.
>>
>>93465846
>Of course, it may be nothing.
I don' think there's any "may" about it. Look at Ruth and Billie. They'll be two opposites -- Mindy sweet and grounded, Anna cynical and acerbic -- who totally compliment each other and are very loving. After all one's a stronk assertive woman of color so she can't be wrong or abusive. That's he domain of straight, white, cisgendered Chrisian girls.
>>
>>93468665
If one was being charitable one could point to Billie refusing to leave Ruth's side indicating that, when confronted with the reality of their suicide spiral, she realizes that their relationship is destructive and wants to make a change while Ruth's psych hold made her realize that self-destructing isn't something that she really wants. On a less Pollyanna note, it should be noted that Ruth had an epiphany, through counseling and medication, not Billie. Their relationship is mutually abusive and Billie's controlling nature means that at this point she's got Ruth into a situation where Ruth is easily manipulated into staying with Billie. The dynamics have changed; Ruth is no longer the dominant partner who engages in physical violence and insults to maintain control, Billie is now the dominant partner who can use emotional blackmail and manufactured helplessness to maintain control. This is made expressly clear though Billie's social engineering designed to ostracize and force obedience from Mary while giving her free reign to abuse Mary without consequence. It's at the point where Billie is more monstrous than Ruth, made worse by the fact that Billie doesn't have a personal history that explains her behavior.
>>
>>93461160
Let's see, Malaya, Becky, Sal... hmm. Everyone else has had SOMEONE call them out on their bullshit in-universe (I think).
>>93461525
... Beg pardon?
>>
File: 3.png (240KB, 933x1230px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
240KB, 933x1230px
>>
File: 1483778666318.png (212KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483778666318.png
212KB, 768x1024px
>>93470090
We need more JoJo/DoA crossover art.
>>
>>93469486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgKvl5VQVkY
>>
>>93470104
who would fit the characters, though?
Danny could make an alright Jonathan.
Mike would be Polnareff because of the weird hair styles
Jacob would be Avdol
Ken would be Josuke
Jason would be Speedwagon
I can't think of anyone else.
>>
>>93461132
isn't that a show on NBC with Colton Dunn
>>
>>93466744

This college should have been located on Fire Island
>>
>>93471019
I'm not sure if making the entire cast a bunch of slutty gay partygoers ingesting tons of meth and various party drugs would be an improvement or not, but it couldn't hurt to try.
>>
>>93469280
They do kinda deserve each other, both being just awful people, but the problem is they also encourage each other to lash out at others. Mary toed the edge of the water, then got sucked in to the whirlpool that is their mutually destructive shitstorm. Ruth terrorized the other residents into all sorts of stupid shit in order to woo Billie, and attempted suicide(drinking to death) then "attempted suicide(lazy weekend)". They'd be a lot less objectionable (to me, anyway) if they at least contained their toxic bullshit.
>>
>>93471490
That's the real problem with the Mary/Carla/Ruth arc. Mary could have walked up to Carla out of the blue and hurled bigoted slurs at Carla and she'd still be a better person than Ruth. We're expected to sympathize with a horrible human being yet we aren't being given anything that makes her sympathetic. Her getting blown out by Mary and kicked while down by Carla feels satisfying. Her breakup with Billie (abusive relationship aside) is due entirely to her ending the relationship for no reason. Her "hitting rock bottom" amounted to 48 hours of feeling shitty from going sober then sleeping in on a Sunday. Her grandfather provides a reason but not a justification for her behavior. Her dislike, if not abhorrence, of actually doing her job goes against years of characterization of taking a sadistic glee in performing her duties. And the notion that she's trapped in her job because no one else is good enough, her grandfather pulls strings to keep her employed, and she's forced to remain a RA or her little brother gets abused flies so hard in the face of logic and reality that Willis might as well have said that she has a chip in her brain that will force her to murder Howie if she tries to quit.
>>
File: 1496971837805.png (16KB, 528x564px) Image search: [Google]
1496971837805.png
16KB, 528x564px
>>
File: 1496978170154.png (15KB, 528x564px) Image search: [Google]
1496978170154.png
15KB, 528x564px
>>93472534
>>
>>93472534
>>93472553
Possibly the greatest thing to ever come out of these threads. Too bad more weren't made about the Lesbian Science Baby rock band.
>>
File: commission jest.png (875KB, 2008x3012px) Image search: [Google]
commission jest.png
875KB, 2008x3012px
This thread is going slowly. Let's post fan art. Here's one I commissioned.
Yes, the proportions are intentional.
>>
File: 1461248393551.jpg (87KB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1461248393551.jpg
87KB, 800x1133px
>>93473032
>>
File: 1476918788257.png (109KB, 489x560px) Image search: [Google]
1476918788257.png
109KB, 489x560px
>>93473456
>>
File: 1453557606243.png (543KB, 1134x820px) Image search: [Google]
1453557606243.png
543KB, 1134x820px
>>93473467
>>
>>93473456
>2014
Christ, where does the time go.
>>
>>93473522
"Here forever" and whatnot.

>>93473475
I'm half tempted to start a collection to buy Yoto proper art lessons.
>>
>>93473522
I can't believe I retreated over here from the comment section about a year ago, when Carla said Mary hates her because she exists.
>>
If we're posting fanart surely someone has the various Crusader Mary ones.
>>
>>93461078

"Get outta my ass"?
>>
>>93474342

Still waiting on that spinoff with Mary, Joyce, and Sierra marching off on a Pilgrimage and facing the various dangers along the way
>>
>>93474413
for years Willis thought the phrase "Give No Quarter" was about money and not mercy. expressions are not his forté
>>
>>93475425

Tell me the story again, love
>>
>>93474626
Agatha stands in their path and tries to tempt them with Mormonism. Billie is the Anti-Christ, because she says she's a Christian but doesn't act like one. Mary delivers the holy final blow to her.
>>
>>93465466
I dare you to post it to the comments tomorrow.
>>
>>93474626
>Joyce
Nah, she's a no fun buzzkill now. Replace her with Agatha even if Agatha's a dirty Mormon.

Also I like how Guns will never, ever appear again because Willis is so far off the deep end that he gets triggered (heh) by the idea of a character who once had a love of firearms even though he redesigned her to make her name referring to muscles. Making her a tomboyish "ooh rah" conservative type into guns and fitness would be a nice change of pace for DoA characters.

Oh well, I can pretend she joined the Marines out of high school and is busy blowing aware ISIS fighters in Iraq.
>>
File: 2016-07-01-quarters.png (391KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-01-quarters.png
391KB, 1000x333px
>>93475468
I think anon is referring to this dialogue debacle.

Not sure if Willis ever addressed it. The comments decided to bend over backwards to explain that it was somehow intentional, and that was that.
>>
>>93475670
you have got to be shitting me.
>>93475552
I can only imagine what it would be like if Guns was a combat medic who ETSd out of the Army and was using the GI Bill to go to school here. If she was like my last 68W she'd be putting her foot down on all this dumbfuckery.
>>
>>93466373
>I got that, I thought it was kind of funny, but tone and text...
Oh okay, good! I was kinda up all night I just misread your reaction. Amusement was intended.

>>93475670
>The comments decided to bend over backwards to explain that it was somehow intentional, and that was that.
That shit is the worst.
>>
>>93475670

I hope the knowledge that so many people are laughing at him haunts Willis's every waking moment and drives him further to madness.

Though I suppose there's no better salve for that quite like thousands of dollars swindled out of sycophantic shiteating plebs.
>>
>>93475552
Guns as a secular conservative/libertarian would be a nice change of pace considering Willis heavily delineates political positions based on religious views. I doubt he'd be able to effectively write that character.

>>93476098
I don't know, I've encountered a few who come out of the military and enroll in college with a giant superiority complex. Plus making her ex-military would put her several years older than the rest of the cast and unlikely to actually live on-campus.
>>
>>93476971

>enroll in college with a giant superiority complex

Well shit, guess we'll have an avatar for another of Willy's little mental quirks.
>>
>>93477009
Nah, it'd just be Carla in 5.11 pants and UCP patrol cap mixed with Becky except replacing "lesbian" with "veteran."
>>
>>93476971
So have I, but that's why I specifically mean my old medic. She's 23 now, and lives in campus housing, and goes back to her family down south during the summer.
>>
>>93475670
I don't see anything wrong here
>>
>>93477955
Then I'll put steaks on the claim that you might be an idiom idiot too.
>>
>>93477955
The expression is "no quarter given" and refers to mercy. I'm not exactly sure what expression would be appropriate given the context.
>>
>>93475670
>>93478304
I think Willis meant something like "standing your ground" or "sticking to your guns" or something like that. I don't know any idioms along those lines that fit into a sentence like he made "no quarters given" fit.
>>
>>93478377
"No regrets," would work pretty well now that I think about it, and would have been a call-back.
>>
>>93473467
>just realizing I've made more art for this thread than I have for my favorite comics
It feels weird.
>>
Joyce x Joe married and having unprotected intercourse but not for the sole purpose of procreation.
>>
File: 1490486544996.jpg (347KB, 945x353px) Image search: [Google]
1490486544996.jpg
347KB, 945x353px
>>93479272
Kinda like this?
>>
File: andthentheyfucked.png (158KB, 1000x324px) Image search: [Google]
andthentheyfucked.png
158KB, 1000x324px
>>93479272
...or maybe some Walkyverse canon Joe x Joyce?
>>
>>93479339
LEWD but I should have specified that joyce would still be wearing the wedding dress
I hope willis is gonna make this canon in this arc about joe's redemption.
>>
>>93478973
The heart wants what the heart wants, and sometimes that's a good Christian girl with E-cup titties.

>>93479272
Joyce x Jacob married and having unprotected intercourse but not for the sole purpose of procreation and Joyce is trying to not be loud because she's afraid the neighbors might hear.
>>
>>93479447
>sometimes that's a good Christian girl with E-cup titties.
I don't even like bigger tits but there's something carnal about an innocent girl with an unnecessarily lewd body.
>>
>>93479447
Jacob is as flat as a character as he's wide.
>>
>>93479472
Joe's really not that deep in DoA either.

>>93479470
>And on today's exciting episode of Sexy Christian Ladies Adventures: Trapped in a Limited Selection Lingerie Store!
>>
>there will never be a Mary spinoff written by a more competent writer that starts as hijinks before slowly turning into a theological version of Morrison's Animal Man concerned with the concept of free will and predestination instead of how we treat fictional characters
>>
>>93479619
I'm pretty sure that's just Ostrander's Spectre run.
>>
>>93473032
>commission
>couldnt even look up a reference image for a gun
also:
>trigger discipline
>>
>>93478253
Wow. Fucking rude. It just seems like the expression fits fine enough. Joyce is constantly always projecting a war with her Christian-ish beliefs against the secular world. She didn't spare her parents when she chewed them out during that aethists drama thing
>>
File: caterpillars.png (434KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
caterpillars.png
434KB, 1000x333px
Tonight, these three lesbian loons continue to talk to each other for some reason.

And Mindy is randomly chosen to be Leslie's girlfriend by a teenage runaway spaz, I guess. That's how healthy relationships start, right?
>>
>>93480329
Now even the freckles are visible thru her hair.
>>
>>93480329
Well at least [generic lesbian archetype] is just an asshole, not abusive.
>>
>>93480359
I swear he reads criticism just so he can do the opposite. I also wonder if he knows how hideous Becky looks.
>>
>>93480329
Good Lord, Becky's face is going full Picasso in that last panel.

Also, is this really the only reason that Mindiana were created? So that Willis could use them as props in a story in which Becky attempts to hook up one or both of them with Leslie?

Also, panel three seems to imply that Mindy harbors feelings for Anna, which I don't understand because at the moment I'm getting Ruth/Billie vibes in terms of unhealthiness, at least from Anna. She's really not putting out a good first impression here.

Also, that's some bad blocking in the last two panels. Willis could have posed the three of them better, I'm sure.
>>
>>93480359
She needs to make sure her parents hook up and get back before 10:04.
>>
>>93480329
>body shaming
Isn't that one of the things Willy and his ilk hate?
>>
>>93480329
Wait, they were dating, and then they broke up. But they still stayed roommates? That sounds like an incredibly awkward and/or terrible situation.
>>
>>93480329
Willis forgot to draw eyebrows in panel 4.
>>
>>93480455
No he didn't. They're just floating in the air a foot or so off-panel.
>>
>>93479752
Well now we need art of Mary as the Spectre.
>>
Why are so many characters in this strip just huge assholes all of the time?

I mean It's Walky had people be casually assholish all the time (I never read Shortpacked but I imagine it's similar) but DoA's characters are often just outright unpleasant to be around unless they're doormats like Danny or super nice like Ethan.

Even Walky, who used to be a goofball, turned into a goofy asshole. Everyone acts like Mike now!
>>
>>93480383
Mindy harboring feelings for ten years is unhealthy as fuck too. Methinks one of them is using the other for living convenience and I can honestly see it going either way.
>Mindy is mooching off of Anna, aww see Diana does really care
>Anna is mooching off Mindy, in-character based on what we see so far

Either way, it's unhealthy as fuck to live that long with your high-school ex, regardless of how well the splitup went. Ten fucking years harboring feelings, jesus christ Mindy, seek help.
>>
Didn't someone die recently in this comic?
>>
GET OUTTA MY ASS sounds like something Plinkett would shout at the beginning of Half In The Bag.
>>
>>93480425
Are you saying I lost my best friend forever just because we used to fuck in the past and now he's engaged to someone else?
>>
>>93480383
>So that Willis could use them as props in a story in which Becky attempts to hook up one or both of them with Leslie?

You know how Willis spent years having Leslie's defining trait being "thirsty for Robin's pussy juice?" I'd put money down that Leslie and Becky's entire dynamic for the next few years will be "Becky tries to find Leslie a girlfriend."
>>
>>93480494
I can see it sort-of working if they dated in high school, broke up before college, and reconnected as friends afterwards, during which the feelings came back.

But knowing Willis, it's gonna be "I never stopped thinking about her, even while I was railing another chick."

>>93480500
Yes, but he was a white male.

So it doesn't matter that it's been twenty-four days since Amber sliced open one of Ryan's blood vessels, nor that it's been four days since we saw any indication of an investigation into the incident.
>>
>>93480493
>Why are so many characters in this strip just huge assholes all of the time?
Might have something to do with the creator's personality. Just a guess.
>>
>>93480329
Why does Becky care so much about her being single?
>>
>>93474159
>I'm half tempted to start a collection to buy Yoto proper art lessons.
ouch. I'll work on it.
>>
>>93480573
The problem is that Anna shows abusive behavior, even if they're just friends, and ten years is goddamn long time to be roommates with your ex if you're still having feelings for them. No trying the relationship again or friends with benefits or even a drunken fuck?

>>93480589
He's enamored with the badass, "call it like I see it," nonchalant archetype. Imagine watching TNMT and every character is Raphael.
>>
File: THIS ISNT EVEN MY FINAL FORM.png (59KB, 126x320px) Image search: [Google]
THIS ISNT EVEN MY FINAL FORM.png
59KB, 126x320px
>>
>>93480425

Not always. If you have a relationship that ends amicably you can still be friends with them, It's not like an anime where you immediately have to avoid them.
>>
File: LeslieBeansGettinUpset.png (81KB, 183x325px) Image search: [Google]
LeslieBeansGettinUpset.png
81KB, 183x325px
>>93480329
I'm finding it hard to muster up anything to say about this that isn't obvious.

Willis is really leaning into Anna being a dick for no reason. Which is always lame for tertiary characters like this, because you'll never get a full spectrum of her personality. She'll be mean 95% of the time, and then maybe one time she won't be and we'll be expected to think that's why Mindy hangs out with her.

Although the real reason is probably that Mindy seems like she harbours feelings for Anna, which is probably unhealthy. Also, using eyebrows as a reason she's unattractive doesn't hold up. At the very least Mindy doesn't seem cognizant of that feature as a big negative (she seems more confused than anything else), so it's not like Anna is attacking a part of her she's insecure about. But still, dick move. Anyway, the idea that her eyebrows is keeping her away from mates is dumb, she could probably run a site featuring them and make tons of money.

I wonder if Anna is single, too.
>>
>>93480425
that shit happens all the time. I lived with my high school sweetheart as friends for 3 years.
>>
>>93480860
reminder that that's EXACTLY how mary started. She was a dick to everyone for no apparent reason, and got mad at noise because she wanted to study.

And that got turned into 'she's an irredeemable homophobic transphobe who tries to manipulate a girl into 'letting her' drive a trans girl to suicide.'
>>
>>93480780
That's not actually a knock, I really enjoy the artwork and would like to see him hone his skills.
>>
>>93481089
The sad part is I went to art school. I've already paid for the most expensive art lessons for 4 years.
>>
>>93481135
I take it cartooning wasn't your focus?
>>
>>93481135

For the record, I love your artwork and think it's amazing how you can draw in so many different styles but still keep the art recognizably your own. In my book, that's talent.
>>
>>93480373
All of the lineart just keeps getting worse and worse. The beetles look less and less like eyes. Becky's hair looks less and less like actual hair.

Lips look less like lips and more like a small child snagged Willis's drawing utensils.

Becky's nose is bending into the shape of a boomerang.
>>
>>93475425
Oh.

That makes my head hurt.
>>
>>93481215
Yeah, I feel pretty much the same. For example I really loved those Peppermint Patty fan strips you did.
>>
>>93480494
>Either way, it's unhealthy as fuck to live that long with your high-school ex, regardless of how well the splitup went. Ten fucking years harboring feelings, jesus christ Mindy, seek help.
I hold out hope that she's not actually harboring feelings and is just bad at explaining herself. It can be easy to stay friends if you were friends first and if the relationship wasn't serious.

Meanwhile, my ex harbors feelings for me after 8 years when we only dated for 3 months, so what do I know?

>>93480648
She wants Leslie to get a girlfriend that isn't Robin. If Mindy is an adult woman who is also a lesbian and is also single, then she is a possibility, despite Becky knowing pretty much nothing about her.

>>93480860
I think the eyebrow thing is just meant to be a joke. A mean joke, but still a joke.
>>
>>93481379
The entire point of dating is to get to know someone. Also, going with a 3% rate of lesbian/bisexual women and assuming Leslie's age limits are over 18 and younger than 45, that would give her 844 possible partners in Bloomington. If we put her lower age boundary at 25 it limits her to 288 possible partners. It's entirely possible for Leslie to go on a date with the entire lesbian/bisexual population of Bloomington.
>>
>>93481190
It was an animation major. Although they only really gave you the most basic anatomy and kinda left developing your skills up to you for the most part. They focused more on teaching the principles of animation than drawing ability.
>>
>>93481874
The best thing you can do is to practice as much as possible.

Look up tutorials and stuff for the things you struggle with.

Work on your weaknesses through just doing better every time you draw.

The best thing about going to school is that they force you to expand your horizons.

Try drawing stuff that you would ordinarily not think to draw. Broaden your types of drawings as much as you can. Like if you mostly draw cartoon characters, then branch out to still lifes and spaceships and movie posters and buildings and toucans and cheetahs and robots.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.