[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Underrated episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: steven_and_the_stevens_3859.jpg (33KB, 350x231px) Image search: [Google]
steven_and_the_stevens_3859.jpg
33KB, 350x231px
Seriously, the animation looks great, the soundtrack is great, and literally every joke lands. SU is never this funny.
>>
>>93460196
>underrated
Its consistently put on Best lists, dont know what youre on about.
>>
I'm telling you right now, even some die hard SU fans dislike this episode, and you're on /co/

prepare for a lot of angry people
>>
As someone who actually likes SU, I agree.

I think part of it comes down to it cheating with SU's cardinal rule- Never leaving Steven's prospective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-oZ6Ol1c2g

They switched which Steven they were following during the climax.
>>
As much shit people give to season 1 for not having lore or development and saying
"oh you're a new watcher? don't mind season one it only existed to pitch the show as a stupid comedy"

Fuck that,

those episodes were the few times I laughed while watching the show. Good subtle jokes. I just wonder what the hell happened sometimes.
>>
This episode is actually my go-to for a show introduction. Too many birthdays is more underrated in my opinion though, the jokes are amazing
>>
>>93460226
As a long time fan of this show, I keep finding new reasons to lose faith in it. This episode was passable at best, and can only be commended for arguably being the episode Steven realized he'd been an unlikable, annoying twat for the early parts of Season 1
>>
>>93460545
interesting, because the ideas from this episode were meant to be the pilot if I remember correctly
>>
>Joe and Jeff's comedy episodes
Steven and the Stevens
Garnet's Universe
Say Uncle
Hit the Diamond
>>
>>93460196
>never this funny
Arcade Mania is histerical!
>>
>>93460196
I'm pretty sure your insane if you think this is underrated

Steven and the Stevens might be the best filler episode that show ever had and I have never heard anyone argue that its a bad episode
>>
>>93461211
Fight me.
>>
>>93460196
literal faggot
>>
>>93460196
>have the power to go back in time and save everyone
>fuck it up
steven is such a shit
>>
>>93460196
SU is at its best when it's episodic instead of following a mediocre overly hyped "plot"
>>
>>93460460
>those backgrounds
>nice chiptune music
>going on adventures around the globe to weird ancient gem temples and shit with impossible terrain
>The Gems are combat-oriented but still blatantly feminine, Steven is passive/defensive but still allowed to be boyish and masculine, a deconstruction of the prevalent "boys r4 violence, girls r4 support" trope

>later they make Steven into a girly little fag that behaves like an 8 year old at the age of 14, adhering to the exact stereotype Steven was supposed to contradict
>the moment there's a romantic focus on Connie and Steven starts to act like a hot-blooded young man they turn into a literal infant

It's not fair. I'm going to say the cluster/malachite resolution as the point where it went to complete shit/blatantly obvious that they're writing on the fly now.
Padparadscha might be able to carry it though.
>>
>>93460226
really? I constantly hear people say they hate that episode, because Steven is so obnoxious in that one. Which i personally consider a good thing for once, because he himself gets victim to it, making it my favorite episode. Which also marks his change to become less of a retard
>>
>>93460196
it was actually the first episode i disliked
i never understood how people could find Steven obnoxious until this episode
>>
>>93460196
See, this one's good and all, but...

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T ANY OF THE CRYSTAL GEMS USE THE TIME THING TO GO BACK AND SEE ROSE QUARTZ AGAIN? OR WHY DIDN'T THE DIAMONDS USE IT TO GO BACK AND STOP THE SHATTERING OF PINK DIAMOND?

Still, good episode. Nice song.
>>
>>93464256
in case you forgot
they do were trying to find that thing to do whatever with it, but steven destroyed it at the end of episode

they probably would have tried to keep it safe without using it, because of usual time travel shenanigans.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.