[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Justice Lords so much better than Superman's Regime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 36

File: IMG_1055.png (113KB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1055.png
113KB, 444x250px
Why are the Justice Lords so much better than Superman's Regime?
>>
Because they're not kidding themselves. The Justice Lords know they are tyrants, and they accept that fact as necessary for peace. Also they don't corrupt themselves by accepting criminals and villains into their ranks, instead opting to lobotomize them into public servants.
>>
>>93451312
fpbp - Justice Lord Supes dropped any pretense of being 'the good guy' when he melted Lex Luthor's head off.

Honestly though, the Justice Lords' world wouldn't be that bad if not for the "sent to the death camps for littering, running lights, or disturbing the peace" shit.
>>
Lex actually did deserve to die.

The Joker didn't.
>>
>>93451228
>only took six Leaguers to take over a world. Didn't even have Flash.
>In JLU they massively expanded their membership and were surprised when the government was afraid of them
>>
Because they weren't written to solely job to Batman and Harley Quinn
>>
>>93451435
>The Joker didn't.
>Nuked a fucking city
>Already trying to figure out how he'll top himself next time.
>LET'S JUST STICK HIM IN ARKHAM!
>>
>>93451312
>>93451494
These ones are correct
>>
>>93451524
I think what he means is that Supes killed Luthor but just had the Joker lobotomised.
>>
>>93451524
How come batman has never asked Superman to throw Joker in the Phantom Zone? Or ask any of the half dozen GLs he knows to lock him into some space prison?
>>
>>93451587
The Justice Lord-verse Luthor killed the Flash and wanted to start a WWIII by launching nukes. This was Supe's rage-breaking point.

Also Lord Superman > Regime Superman.
>>
>>93451635
Nah, watch the scene again. Supes's rage point was when Luthor taunted him that no matter what Luthor did, Supes would never get rid of him, because he was too good to finish the job. Because he loved being a hero. Supes realized that the damage Luthor does causes can be prevented if he stops being a hero.
>>
>>93451228
Because the Justice Lords were born when Flash, a friend and comrade died. They were all United in their grief and they undertook that transition together. There's still a sense of team and a oneness to the group.

Where as the Regime came about when Superman's lover died. Sure, everyone else grieved with him, or for him, but the team was still born of Clark's grief alone. For that reason, nobody else felt as far gone as Clark. Everyone else seemed to be going along with it for his sake for the most part. It was Superman's regime after all.

The Justice Lords may have been tyrants, but they were tyrannical together.
>>
>>93451635
Regime Superman was written badly on purpose. Pretty sure Ed Boon said he prefers Batman than Superman and he does the same thing in Mk.
>>
>>93451599
Because knowing the Joker, he'd find a way to unleash all the prisoners of the Phantom Zone and the Sciencells.
>>
>>93451599
That's a good question actually... I mean, the Phantom Zone isn't fool-proof or anything, but it's kind of the best option for dealing with the worst repeat offenders.
>>
>>93451599
Because those ideas make too much sense.
>>
>>93451599
I think they did that in the 80s. It stands to reason that DC writers have a more complete library of comic books then we do. But while we're wondering why X doesn't do a common-sense thing, DC will be avoiding it because they don't want to seem to be plagiarizing some older, better, story by a better-known writer.
>>
>>93451228
costumes are superior
>>
It never sat well with me that J'onn just turned authoritarian with them. This didn't fit him at all.
>>
>>93451228
Why is Justice Lords Wonder Woman so perfect?
>>
>>93451761
This. Boon is a Batfag which explains why he shits all over Superman. It doesn't explain why he shits all over Wonder Woman though.
>>
>>93451769
As much as I hate the joker/bat wank that this would involve, I'm sure this would make for a killer JL arc. At that point they'd just have to stick Joker on the Source Wall and let him get stuck there. Damn shame we'll never see this actually happen.
>>
>>93451856
>This didn't fit him at all.
When are you geniuses going to realize that EVERY time they do this shit, EVERY character is OOC? Supes turns from a farm boy from Kansas into "fuck humans I am superior Krypton forever". Diana becomes a psychopath who can't wait to kill everything. GL becomes an idiot. Flash is either dead or Supes/Bats bitch. Aquaman acts like he was never a surfacer himself, and is eager to make war with the surface.

It's all hack writing.
>>
>>93451228
It's the costumes, it's always the costumes.
>>
>>93451228
Because their Superman isn't a giant man baby
Because their Wonder woman isn't just a more insane Maxima
Because their Green Lantern isn't a idiot.

Also JLords still had Superbats.
>>
>>93451749
Cyborg is as far gone as Superman... Largely because several Titans died in Metropolis
>>
>>93451228
Because Bruce "King of the Batfags" Timm was willing to have the whole team go bad for a good reason instead of wanking off Batman like Boon and Taylor did. They still shitted on Wonder Woman though.
>>
>>93451997
Even so, one is an evil justice league, the other is evil superman and pals. That's the defining difference.

Cyborg is still a supporting character to Superman and his regime.

Where as with the Justice Lords it didn't come down to who's camp X was in, they were all on one another's side until Batman Batmanned Batman into Batmanning.

Cyborg might have had a similar sense of grief to spur his change to the darker side, but the darker side was still very much Superman's side first and foremost.
>>
>>93451999
There was some slight Batwank in having JLord Batman being the only one who redeems himself and helps stop the JLords.

Also, assuming Crisis on Two Earths would've been mostly intact if it had been part of JLU, the ending would've revolved around Batman yet again.
>>
>>93451599
Did you learn nothing from the Lego Batman movie?
>>
>>93452184
Haven't seen it yet.
>>
>>93451228
Justice Lord Superman didn't throw a hissyfit when people started complaining. Regime Superman wanted to destroy Metropolis and Gotham when he eavesdropped on a few conflicted whispers.
>>
>>93451997
So? They're Titans. One dies like every 2 hours.
You'd think he'd be used to it.
>>
>>93451999
Because it shows how much better Wally is at being the Flash even in death as opposed to static brick Barry who just follows Supes like a cuck.
>>
>>93451371
sound stalinist as hell
>>
>>93451931
>Stick Joker to the Source Wall
>Somehow this turns him into a psychic virus that spans the universe and now every planet has at least one Joker.
>>
>>93452108
I mean it makes sense given that he's the only one of the group born of empathy.
Sure the others have it, and they've all experienced loss, but their heroism's always been sort of generalized while Bruce always takes it personal.

Despite the whole "striking terror" schtick, Batman's always been the bleeding heart of the group.
>>
>>93452323
This sounds much cooler than 3 Jokers
>>
>>93452344
Would JLU Batman have made Harley his new sidekick too?
>>
>>93452216
You should fix that. It's decent. It's also very much the premise.
>>
>>93452374
Yeah, I'm meaning to, probably going to rent it out of the local redbox tonight or later in the week
>>
>>93451599
How come Batman has never asked Superman to I dunno, laser the Joker's spine to leave him in a complete vegetative state? I mean, Batman has no problem crippling the FUCK out of thugs and apparently he's too gay for the Joker to even punch him

>Yo Supes, can you cripple the joker? he escaped Arkham AGAIN
>Aight Bats, but the next round of wings is on you ok?
>Nice, thanks!
>>
>>93451599
>>93451769
>>93451931

Batman had Mr Miracle build a jail cell for the Joker at one point.

The Joker escaped.
>>
>>93452426
Is Joker-wankery even worse than Bat-wankery?
>>
>>93452426
Was it on Earth?
>>
>>93452446
Yes, because other, better rogues get ignored.
>>
>>93452373

I wouldn't be surprised.
Even in BTAS and that one JLU episode she popped up in he's always shown her some level of patience and sympathy unless Joker's involved.

And even then it was making fun of the fact that Joker was probably dead or the idea of him being capable of love.
>>
>>93452446
Oh, so much worse.

And people who clearly haven't read the comics always go "why doesn't Batman just kill Joker"?
But he's tried, anon. So many times he's tried. Hell, the only other character he's been pissed enough to straight up try to murder was Hush.
Even with KGBeast it was basically just not bothering to save him.
>>
>>93452344
J'onn is a telepath.
Diana's whole schtick is empathy and love.

Fuck this Batwank
>>
>>93452830
>Diana's whole schtick is empathy and love.
... and snapping people's necks.
>>
>>93452872
With love
>>
>>93451997
Did the comics ever revisit superboy and Tim being stuck in the phantom zone by supes ? Or are they just stuck in story limbo?
>>
>>93451371
Well they needed to "take it too far" so that it didn't make way too much sense to just do it that way.
>>
>>93451599
Because, literally, they don't really want to get rid of the Joker, because then they couldn't use him as a villain.
>>
>>93451939
>GL becomes an idiot.
Lol how is this OOC for 80% of the Earth GLs?
>>
>>93451371
Well to be fair, they never did say Death Camp. Just a minor(?) prison sentence.

I personally think the world presented by the Justice Lords is far from the worst possible thing, but you know we Americans always have to do the "FACIST BULLSHIT! FREEDOM FOREVER" thing.
>>
>>93451939
>>93452992
The only issue with Green Lantern becoming a lord is that that same exact thing is why Sinestro is a supervillain. Like, did Oa never investigate? Kyle Rayner?
>>
>>93452889
Starfire is a DLC in Injustice 2 so it should come up eventually
>>
>>93452446
Yes, because it's commonly edge-cancer in addition to being wank
>>
>>93452344
That's fucking Batwank. Bruce is the autistic paranoid faggot of the group. Hes the rich boy who lives in his mansion with his butler, completely disconnected from his fellow human beings. He's the one watching everyone ready to take them down if they don't live according to his retarded no kill rule. Green Arrow, Flash, or Superman are the heart of the group.
>>
>>93453085
Oa didn't give a shit about what Sinestro was doing until Hal made a big scene.
>>
>>93452372
They ever reveal what that's about?
>>
>>93451931
It kind of happened in the Lego Batman Movie
>>
How does one escape the Phantom Zone anyway? Especially someone without any kind of powers like Joker.
>>
>>93452949
>Because, literally, they don't really want to get rid of the Joker, because that would get rid of the most easy to write villain in DC comics.
"Aw, just have him wave a gun around. Maybe kidnap someone."
No matter how lowball his crimes, they just throw in some pretentious dialog and some clown props and everyone is Pavlovian-trained go "Oh, it's a Joker story. Perhaps this'll be a good one." No planning crimes, no designing umbrellas for Penguin, or reading psychology textbooks to write Zaxxazx, no science for Mr Freeze, no creativity to make up new villains like when they made Proff. Pyg or the Flamingo.
The Joker has had a lot of good stories, but he's become the go-to use for the lame, limp-lettuce, non-entertaining stories. Which doesn't bode well for "The war of jokes vs riddles."
>>
File: IMG_9171.png (719KB, 914x596px)
IMG_9171.png
719KB, 914x596px
>>93451228
>Justice Lords were actually competant
>Regime Superman killed Shazam (a child) in a fit of autistic rage because he opposed the idea that branching out to other worlds was a bad idea
Justice lords win
>>
>>93451931
Let's not forget the Salvation Run series.
Take all the villains, teleport them to a wilderness planet. Unfortunately, they come under attack, and doing what villains do, manage to fight their way into getting the parts to build a teleporter. But at least leaving them on Gilligan's Island was _tried_.
>>
>>93453553
Manipulate someone on the outside via long-range telepathy or notes or something, use magic mumbo-jumbo or have a decent amount of plot-armor.
>>
>>93453749
That was actually a smart move by Supes. He took out one of the few heroes that could actually kill him.
>>
File: joker stop.png (769KB, 511x800px) Image search: [Google]
joker stop.png
769KB, 511x800px
>>93452830
>>
>>93451228
They know what they are and they have a PR department.
>>
>>93453674
The oddest thing about the Joker being alive isn't that Bats doesn't kill him, it's that a cop hasn't while he's in custody. He's gone after cop families before, and Gotham PD aren't exactly the most straight-laced guys. It wouldn't be even that hard to cover up, no one is going to question it too hard.
>>
>>93453885
The Shazam in the Injustice Universe was very obviously not a match for Superman, as evidenced by the fact he was killed by his heat vision alone.
>>
>>93453916
God, I fucking miss Morrison's Justice League. Kelly's too. They always felt epic.
>>
>>93454276
Maybe they're all too afraid to try, or Gordon only leaves Joker in the custody of the cleanest cops he knows to avoid any "accidents."
>>
>>93454276
a few cops have tried
but joker some how Always survives
>>
>>93452426
And here is the fundamental problem with why the Joker will not be killed.

He's to popular. Writers will bring him back no matter how stupid or impossible it is.
>>
>>93453365
Green Arrow wasn't a Justice Lord, and Flash was dead.
Superman's got that Smallville charm going for him, but he's usually more of a greater good kind of guy, inspiring hope but taking up the hard leadership position. Which is why him and Bats play off wach other pretty great. I'm not saying he's better, just that he's more susceptible to coercion in that sense.

But I guess who needs to talk about character's personalities when you can just scream 'batwank' and spew the same generalized bullshit people that don't actually read the comics always yell.
>>
>>93452830
J'onn is a telepath from another planet where he was a cop. Diana's a warrior princess.
They know not to take shit personal.

Batman was literally coerced by being asked how his parents would feel. I never said it was necessarily a good thing.
>>
>>93453885
Billy saved his life many times. He was an irreplaceable person. Killing him made injustice superman irredeemable
>>
>>93454546
This all makes me wonder how fucked the Justice Lords' world's other superheroes must have been when the League took over. Banded together, every other hero we see in JLU might pose SOME threat to the original seven. But how much of a threat, really, if you've got Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern, all ready and willing to kill? That's like charging a battleship with a rifle.
>>
>>93452373
Pre-RotJ, probably.

Post-RotJ, she's lucky she faked her death, or else she would've been beaten into a comma.
>>
>>93454783
Pretty much. The only earth guys I could think of that could pose a threat would be Captain Atom, and Shazam. The second was killed, and given Atom's soldier-like disposition in the show he wouldn't disagree.
>>
>>93451599
Phantom Zone is only for Kryptonian prisoners. He doesn't toss anyone else in there.

The GLs won't deal with the Joker. He's not their problem. GLs only take prisoners those that commit heinous crimes across the sector. Alien warlords, space pirates, world destroyers...etc. They let the local police handle local crimes. They're more like the Universal FBI. They only get involved when stuff spills out across their sector.

Mongul on rampage? GL problem.
Joker? Not GL problem.
Joker with a spaceship? GL problem.
>>
>>93453085
Sinestro was given a free pass. The Guardians knew what he was doing, they didn't care. They only got involved when Hal found out, started kicking Sinestro's ass. Then leaked what he was doing to rest the GLC. Only when rest the GLC found out, they kicked him out. Only to save face.
>>
>>93454276
There've actually been several stories where cops or other vigilantes have tried... Batman consistently swoops in to stop them or else Joker somehow weasels his way out of it.

Fuck there was a Batman/Punisher crossover where Batman actually fights Punisher to keep him from putting a bullet in Joker's skull.
>>
>>93454911
>put Joker on spaceship
>send him to nearby planet and let him cause havoc
>GLs put him away and Earth can just claim he was supposed to be banished or some shit
>>
>>93454546
>Green Arrow wasn't a Justice Lord, and Flash was dead.
Which is why they went bad you idiot. They didn't have their morality chains.
>>
>>93451228
shin rings
>>
>>93454783
Assuming that every hero in JLU isn't working for the Lords.
Then Doctor Fate, Supergirl, Doctor Light, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom and Aquaman could probably take down the 6 Justice Lords
>>
>>93454911
So, on planet stuff the GLC could care less about, but if it happens in space then they care? How are these fuckers still around?
>>
>>93451791
>Because those ideas make too much sense.
It'll be ignored like always but this is the only real answer. The fact is there is NO believable in-universe reason why the Joker is still breathing. He would have been executed or shot "while trying to escape" a long time ago in real life but he's a popular character and popular characters sell comics.

It's one of the drawbacks to adding "realism" to capeshit.
>>
>>93451228
Because
> Justice Lords say they're going to kill super villains
> Majority are captured, killed if too dangerous to allow to live or lobotomized and actually turned into contributing members of society

> Superman Regime says they are going to kill super villains
> Kill 1 super villain
> Put the rest in a jail they escape from and allow them lay low
> By the time I2 comes around most of them are still alive and perfectly fine
> Meanwhile Superman kills off bunches of heroes and the GLC for no reason other than "They got in my way"
> Superman can't even kill Harley despite meeting her multiple times
> Bizarro Superman killed off more villains than Regime Superman!

Having a clear goal and the capability to follow it through is the mark of a better government.
>>
>>93455385
How is killing off an overrated villain a drawback?
>>
>>93454886
>and given Atom's soldier-like disposition in the show he wouldn't disagree

Thanks for reminding me how badly the DCAU fucked up certain characters.
>>
>>93455474
To be fair, Harley has the Cash Cow protection.
>>
File: 1471853601708.png (184KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
1471853601708.png
184KB, 800x850px
>>93452091
>Batman Batmanned Batman into Batmanning
>mfw I actually understand this sentence.

>>93455504
>>How is killing off an overrated villain a drawback?
It's a drawback because from DC's pov they would presumably sell fewer comics if they killed off one of their "star" badguys, so they don't do it even though his continued existence is, frankly ridiculous.
>>
>>93451228
my only issue is that they went too easy on batman, he has to be the incorruptible one. well that and the de-superpower ray that ends the story.

btw Superman going tyrannical needs to stop, they did in Superman:tas, Justice league in justice and it looks like their going that way in the CU.
>>
>>93451228
IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS POST FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!
I SAY THIS ALL THE TIME BLESS YOUR SOUL!!!
>>
>>93455640
Yeah, we need a crazy Batman and a tyrant Wonder Woman for once.
>>
File: 58.jpg (47KB, 640x480px)
58.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>93455640
Well, it helps that it's not OUR Superman going tyrannical in "A Better World," and in the end, in fact, our Superman admits he sometimes struggles with the same impulses Justice Lord Superman succumbed to, but ultimately recommits himself to fighting for truth and justice. I think it's pretty heroic.
>>
>>93455812
That's how Injustice 1 ended.
>>93455640
God I'm so fucking tired of all the fucking faggots who want an Injustice movie. Fucking Batfags, can't they just leave Superman alone? Thing that pisses me off the most is we'll probably get an Injustice movie before Red Son or Kingdom Come or any of the actually good Superman stories.
>>
>>93455504
Sometime I forget how far up your own asses some of you guys are.
>>
>>93455812
he does decide not to follow in superlords footsteps and spare lex. that's a nice touch.

but I'm concerned if they do this too many times it will become the standard superman.
>>
>>93455954
>Injustice movie before Red Son or Kingdom Come or any of the actually good Superman stories.
Its funny cause Superman is still a pussy in those stories, HaHaHa....He is a fucking communist in Red Son Who gets the shit beat out of him by one of the coolest version of Batman ever and He is a pussy that gives up on the world in KC...KeK....Superman fans are weird.
>>
>>93455975
Oh come on, face it, Joker's crazy clone prince of crime shtick was never as good as everyone made it out to be.
>>
>>93456048
Yeah, Red Son was the only good comic out of those two. Stupid Superfags.
>>
File: oh my.jpg (93KB, 1000x750px)
oh my.jpg
93KB, 1000x750px
>>93455640
>Superman going tyrannical needs to stop
Yup. It's become cliche as hell.

>>93455721
>Yeah, we need a crazy Batman and a tyrant Wonder Woman for once
Evil Wonderbat could be...rather interesting, if written the right way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDLc-8tW2I
>>
>>93456048
>Who gets the shit beat out of him by one of the coolest version of Batman ever
This is excellent bait, but you made a mistake: In this world Batman gets lobotomized.
>>
>>93455721
>I dont like when my favorite character is bad but its OK if its your favorite character

Fuck can you guys be more hypocritical? the solution isn't to make Batman evil its to not make anyone evil plus be careful what you wish for people love Owlman so tread lightly
>>
File: Eris_08.jpg (17KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Eris_08.jpg
17KB, 220x293px
>>93455954
>Implying a Kingdom Come movie wouldn't just Superman look like shit too.
KC Superman was a shitty person and very unlikable.
>>
File: IMG_2589.jpg (25KB, 244x292px)
IMG_2589.jpg
25KB, 244x292px
>>93456048
>>93456069
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
>>93456123
>KC Superman was a shitty person and very unlikable.
How? He's literally Injustice Batman.
>>
>>93456048
>>93456069
The Man of Steel is saddened by your lame troll-fu.
>>
>>93455474
Harley has plot armor
>>
>>93456054
Come the fuck on anon I will gladly agree that the Prince of crime is supersaturated but get off your fucking high horse you don't become the most celebrated villain in fiction by being bad.....member BTAS Joker.....he was fantastic
>>
File: IMG_2666.jpg (160KB, 999x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2666.jpg
160KB, 999x803px
>>93456048
>>93456069
Absolutely awful bait.
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>93456188
>you don't become the most celebrated villain in fiction by being bad
1. Joker is nowhere fucking near that
2. You don't be around as long as Joker has without being in some really shitty stories
>>
>>93452426
how in the fuck?

jokeforce is insane
>>
File: freshprince.jpg (101KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
freshprince.jpg
101KB, 1536x1152px
Can people just stop pretending Kingdom come was any good. Mark Waid has always been a hack. Also Ross is such a Superfags that it's embarrassing. He has Timm levels of autism.
>>
>>93456245
It has the ugliest art ever too.
>>
>>93456116
Superman isn't even my favorite character. It's just that there's been so many different evil versions of him that I just want to see what an evil Bruce or Diana'd be like. Earth 2's Owlman and Superwoman was fucking amazing that way.
>>
>>93456093
Yes he died a mortar a symbol you know...."As a symbol I can be incorruptible" you Superman fans are the most short sighted fucking idiots this side of comicbookdom....If DC made Red Son into a movie Superman hate would get worst while the population would suck Batman dick even more. The man died on his own terms after fucking superman up real good Diana had to save him plus people hate to see Diana used as a plot device for Superman so even more hate...just think about it anon
>>
File: IMG_2678.jpg (81KB, 916x690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2678.jpg
81KB, 916x690px
>>93456292
>Yes he died a mortar
Yeah he got mortared down to the same subhuman level you occupy
>you Superman fans are the most short sighted fucking idiots this side of comicbookdom
Nah pretty sure that's you kiddo. Come back when you learn how to spell.
>>
>>93456292
>plus people hate to see Diana used as a plot device for Superman so even more hate
People hate to see the same of every other character for Batman though. Think about that anon.
>>
>>93456217
Way to dodge the fucking point anon...fine he isn't the most celebrated villain you happy anon but he isn't far off and the point I was trying to make was that the joker is still good when done right
>>
>>93451228
Because JLord Superman didn't melt a ten year olds brain for pointing out how retarded his plans art
>>
>>93451312
>>93451371
>Justice Lord Superman owns up to the fact that he's dirtying his hands to make the world better.
>Regime Superman just mows down people left and right before going "N-no, I didn't mean to do that!"

Basically these.

>>93455474
And this.

>>93455553
>>93456171
Harley's plot armor makes her annoying, to be desu.

>>93456133
I love these dumb copypastas.
>>
I'm getting real sick of Superman being a bad guy. Superman turning evil and becoming a godlike dictator has been tried a few times now. Can he go back to being a hero again?
>>
>>93456774
Honestly I think it'd be more fun to see somebody else go evil.

Like how much fun would it be to see Batman go rogue and take down the JL, or have Flash lose another wife and snap? But no, it's always Superman.
>>
>>93455118
Do you not know how to read? The question was why Batman was the one that turned in that specific scenario.
You know, where "how would your parents feel" was used to make him question his motives?
Fuck, dude. You're literally getting mad over shit that isn't there.
>>
>>93451371
If they didn't kill Batman's rogues gallery, they didn't have death camps. Most likely, they used "re-edumacation camps." The fact that they were unified instead of going straight to civil war made a massive difference.
>>
File: pp24.jpg (24KB, 710x534px) Image search: [Google]
pp24.jpg
24KB, 710x534px
>>93455975
Would you prefer someone to get up your ass instead?
>>
File: 1418698307720.jpg (48KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1418698307720.jpg
48KB, 400x462px
>>93456245
>>93456261
>>
>>93456245
Part of the comic is still used by people as an example of how to do graphic storytelling right. I don't think they're pretending to not have your shit opinion.
>>
>>93454911
>He doesn't toss anyone else in there.

He put the whole Warworld in there
>>
File: ivy pitcher plant.png (388KB, 431x404px)
ivy pitcher plant.png
388KB, 431x404px
>>93457039
Never stick your dick in crazy.
>>
>>93457180
By people, do you really mean faggots on /co/ that listed it as great but never say why or people that never read it and just pretending they have and are really just waiting for an animated movie?
>>
>>93457319
Did they ever kill the plant monster that came about from Ivy doing this?
>>
>>93457362
Oh. I get it. Great bait mate.
>>
>>93457384
Harvest. Nop. Like Kafka he's just another creepy Gotham monster roaming free.
>>
>>93457319
>standing on her tip toes to look in
Kind of cute
>>
>>93457430
Even when it's not portrayed as complete hell on Earth, Gotham City is fucking terrifying and I cannot understand why anyone would willingly live there.
>>
>>93457527
I mean, rappers make careers out of explaining why. Plus, given the people of Gotham, they don't seem to mind it much.
>>
>>93457452
That's on purpose. The entire issue she's looking to Bats from protection and playing victim to a monster she created. After he shows her the tape, she unapologetically just tells him not to kinkshame her.

Basically she takes advantage of his whole "second chance" policy, but not without ending up with some trauma.
>>
>>93457686
He eventually brings her to the Batcave, doesn't he? And she and Robin have a genuine rapport. That was a fun issue. Dini's whole run on Detective Comics was fun.
>>
>>93452405
>I mean, Batman has no problem crippling the FUCK out of thugs and apparently he's too gay for the Joker to even punch him
What was the name of that comic/series where a bunch of smaller criminals with crippling wounds caused by batman (like a guy with a permanent boot mark on his face or the one with a batarang stuck on the side of his head) called again?
>>
>>93457845
Yeah, he basically puts her in a glass tank while he tries to figure it out. Dini's run was impressively dark and fun the whole way through.
>>
>>93458105
It was in the early Batman and Robin new52 run. I don't remember the arc, just that Mahnke was still doing the art.
>>
>>93451312
>>93451371
Regime Superman is no longer under any pretense of being a goody goody.
>>
>>93458257
No, Tomasi still was doing it.
>>
>>93457384
No, they never mention it again after the negative reaction to Ivy's portrayl. Harvest was like the revenge of the victims of Deviantart Snuff art.
>>
>>93458409
Ah, you're right. I mixed the two up.
>>
>>93458492
I didn't even know there WAS a reaction. They're aware Ivy's a supervillain, right?
>>
File: eternal youth.jpg (83KB, 743x559px)
eternal youth.jpg
83KB, 743x559px
>>93458584
Yeah but apparently doing a story where the crazy sociopath who has nothing but antipathy for humans is revealed to have been torturing and murdering humans was (somehow) a step to far.

I'll bet none of those people remembered the BTAS episode where Ivy transformed a bunch of innocent Gothamites into shrubbery.
>>
>>93451867
Batfags shits on anyone that dares to be slightly better at anything than Bruce.
>>
>>93455640
>well that and the de-superpower ray that ends the story.
That almost ruined the whole episode for me. Lex Luthor created a gun, that can depower any Metahuman or, y'know, Alien just using their natural abilities. You can tell they really just needed a way to wrap up the story.
>>
>>93458899
But most Batfags just make her lust for Batcock. Plus it's really bad timing with her movie.
>>
>>93458840
It's not even like Harley or Selena where they at least have some sort of motivation for their attacks. She literally just hates humans.
>>
>>93457319
That's super fucked up. I don't think I've ever seen Ivy characterized this way. She kills people but digesting a dude alive in a pitcher plant is a whole nother level of fucked.
>>
File: SLAV.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SLAV.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>93456292
>He died a mortar
Goddamned Nazis and their shit aim
martyr
>>
>>93460081
It's worse in the full comic, she goes on a long speech about how some of the victims died - some surrendered and accepted their fate, some fought kicking and screaming till their dying breath, and one thought it was supposed to be some kind of kinky roleplaying thing until the acid started eating away his skin and nerves. It's pretty fucked up.

And of course her only comeuppance is a short-lived paranoia around plants, because Batman's a fucking pussy who won't put monsters down.
>>
>>93454656
He saved him from the guy who's power was eating his soul iirc
>>
>>93460081
There was also the story of Joker kidnapping Tim on christmas in a couple he'd murdered's car and forcing him to watch as he ran people over.

Or Firefly spiking people with chips that he could activate later to cause them to erupt into flames.

Of course everyone knows by now about Hush cutting out Catwoman's heart and surgically making himself look like Bruce Wayne, but let's not forget Jane Doe literally skinning him alive later after finding out 'Bruce Wayne' wasn't as nice as she'd hoped he was.

Oh, and there's Zsasz starting a child fight club only to have the winner have to fight him, and Humpty Dumpty dressed as Santa trying to stitch their corpses back together.

It's like he was making up for lost time after dealing with BTAS censorship.
>>
>>93453051
Their world isn't the worst thing, but it's certainly easier to be okay with a facist government if you're one of the groups of people protected under it. Don't forget how easily things like that can change anon, just look through history.
But back on discussion, I'd much rather the Justice Lord's world over Superman's Regime any day of the fucking week.
>>
File: 1469671101081.jpg (41KB, 399x364px) Image search: [Google]
1469671101081.jpg
41KB, 399x364px
>finally get around to playing injustice
>didn't really know much besides the comics and supes killing billy
>get to that point in the game
>mfw billy actually deserved what he got
>>
>>93460335
>"Hey we can't just kill everyone."
>"Shut up, bill."
>"But, Loi-"
>*melts a fucking hole through his skull*

that's a little bullshit don't you think
>>
>>93456774
People like edgy things, anon.

When the phase of edgy shit ends then he can become nice again
>>
>>93460409
It should have been obvious to anyone at this point that Superman's dead wife and baby are his "hot button" and trying to bring them up to win an argument against him is the ultimate Bad Decision

Billy was dumb. Billy is dead.
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (18KB, 600x600px)
low quality bait.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>93461993
>Superman being a triggered retard is an excuse for him executing a fucking child
>>
>>93461993
Same thing happens in the Plastic Man issue - he mentions the wife and kid and Superman nearly manofmurders him on the spot.
>>
>>93456239

Jokerforce is legitimately even worse than Batwankery. He's wiped out the entire police force by himself, had the entire batfamily tied up in death of the family, mind raped the Justice League into targeting Batman, survived things that NO human could survive, etc.

It's seriously at the point where I now just wonder why DC even bothers with keeping the Joker human. He's displayed so many supernatural qualities and extreme skills and abilities that I truly believe that it'd be better to just retcon him into being Nyarlathotep.
>>
File: Authority_0002.jpg (213KB, 950x1484px) Image search: [Google]
Authority_0002.jpg
213KB, 950x1484px
>>93460081
>>93460208
>>93460230
>Batman's a fucking pussy who won't put monsters down
And that's why I loved the Authority back in the day. They were everything I wanted the JLA to be.
>>
>>93462060
Like Supes could definitively kill Plas. Also that issue was fucking blessed.

>"he's literally sitting on a throne"
>>
>>93462041
Don't bother. The Cult of Superman can't be reasoned with.
>>
why don't we have any stories where Supes just becomes a big nihilist faggot who adopts a hands of no intervention policy and everyone hates him for it?
>>
>>93463121
TDKR III had it, Superman just said fuck it, sat down in the Fortress of Solitude, and froze for a good 10 years.
>>
>>93463121
That's literally why Kingdom Come happened.
>>
>>93456802
> to see Batman go rogue and take down the JL
Red Son

>or have Flash lose another wife and snap?
Flashpoint
>>
>>93463121
No matter what Supes does Batman will be butthurt
>Help people
>Fucking alien lording over us REEEEEEEEEEE!
>Don't help people
>Wooooooooooow you're letting people die like you let my parents die REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
>>
>>93451228
They are in it together

I mean, just look at your fucking pic. Batman is in it
>>
File: IMG_2551.jpg (40KB, 154x255px)
IMG_2551.jpg
40KB, 154x255px
>>93463096
>MOOOOOOOM Superfags are bullying me on 4chan again
>>
>>93459396
then its only temporary and the Justice Lord verse became similar to Injustice.
>>
File: superman-reeve.jpg (27KB, 445x363px)
superman-reeve.jpg
27KB, 445x363px
> Superman fanboys defending Injustice, the shitty characters and using all of it as an excuse to shit on Batman while defending Superman in the game.
How to spot the fake Superman fans and the retarded Supesfags. /co/ has pretty much no Batfags but damn the fake whiny Supesfags are the worst fanbase here.
>>
>>93451228
Diana looks good with short hair.

Honestly, I don't know if I could take tyrant Wondy seriously. Like, if that happened with her actually being written in character, the world she creates would probably be one of those overly saccharine false utopia deals, with everyone going full on stepford and being forced to be nice, because Queen Diana gets upset when people misbehave. And of course, there's rehabilitation centers, where people are taught the values of compassion and loving submission. She'd probably find a way to project the Lasso's effect over the entire globe too. I dunno, imagining her going rogue is just kinda funny, like she'd end up being the world's strict, but overly affectionate mom.
>>
>>93451978
This guy gets it.
>>
>>93456245
>Years ago
>See KINGDOM COME in trade form in a store
>Buy one cause it's one of those iconic stories everyone should read, and I hadn't read it

The story was.. awkward. As were character interactions. It was also ugly as sin. I'm not sure why it's a classic. At least when I bought The Watchmen I could see a shadow of why it was so iconic at the time. What influences filtered down from it. The Question is also a character that has withstood the test of time.

Not sure why Kingdom Come got it's place on the list.
>>
>>93463061
>Like Supes could definitively kill Plas.
I choose to believe that's literally the only thing that kept Supes from taking action. Knowing he couldn't kill the mother fucker in a tantrum, and frankly keeping a guy like that locked up is a gamble too.

Best to just leave him alone and hope his cowardly nature keeps him out of your way. Which it did till Supes refused to release his son.
>>
>>93463036
The Authority are all about getting shit done. No wonder people like them. Hell, one of them even talked a mad scientist villain into joining them and using his talent and intellect to aid humanity.
>>
>>93456261
It may not be in fashion anymore, but it is technical and artistic mastery.
>>
>>93452344
He's the one who turned soley because Other Bruce knew what buttons to push and had the opportunity to show it. Presumably the others would have been vulnerable to similar one on ones, Supes possibly excluded just because he seems that far gone for being A-OK with Flash murder.
>>
>>93465032
>/co/ has pretty much no Batfags

You were making a good point until this.
>>
>>93465512
>Ugly as sin
KYS you stupid double-nigger. The art is beautiful and the story is solid. Also, the Question is not from Watchmen, triple-nigger.
>>
>>93466737
>>93467193
Ugly stiff bullshit is not technical or artistic mastery.
>>
>>93467207
What does good comic artwork look like then? I'm guessing you can't name any because you're just a stupid contrarian who probably doesn't actually read comics anyway.
>>
>>93451312
Supreme Chancellor Superman melted Shazam's brain just for arguing with him. If anything he's far worse (Lord Superman just has a businesslike "it's what needs to be done" mentality about his rule).
>>
File: 1497146162141.jpg (930KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1497146162141.jpg
930KB, 1249x1920px
>>93463061
It's a chair.
>>
>>93464822
Flashpoint wasn't Flash going nuts and becoming a dictator though, it was just Flash fucking up the timeline.

Come on, you're telling me it wouldn't be kind of cool to see Emperor Barry Allen?
>>
>>93451312
>>93456627
Exactly - Lord Supes knows he's not acting like a good person and accepts that he has to do bad things for the sake of making the world a better place. But even then we never see him go as far as doing anything straight up evil until the moment he's about to kill Wally, he's just doing shit the JLU-verse wouldn't approve of like lobotomizing baddies and taking over the government.

Regime Supes spends most of the first five years before Injustice constantly doing bad things while lying to himself that he's not doing bad things; whether it's beating Ollie to a pulp, torturing Batman, or vaporizing protesters. It's not until the actual game that Regime Supes finally just drops the act altogether.
>>
I still agree with the Anon pitching the evil Batman idea.
Evil Superman is done to death, I think a Batman that can't live in a world without Superman would be pretty neat.

Batman: Absolute Justice
>>
>>93467824
Batman strikes me as being way more of a totalitarian control freak than superman.
>>
>>93467824

augh miss that Dickbat so much
>>
>>93451228
I still wish Justice Lord Supe's costume was mainstream. It's so good.
>>
>>93456123
Did you REALLY read Kingdom Come? Superman wasn't evil or a jerk, he was slightly morally grey at best but still very Superman. Hell, Joker KILLS Perry, Lois and Jimmy in KC, and Superman doesn't kill him. In fact, he helps arrest him and bring him to court, only for Magog to kill Joker.
>>
>>93467173
/co/ really doesn't. There are no Batman jerk off threads. Most of the time the threads here are just people bitching about him or saying why he's a shitty character.
>>
>>93453365
Bruce was reborn as Batman because of his parents death. Alfred is the only reason why Bruce is even alive or capable of directing his insanity properly. Bruce has had four male Robins, one female Robin and three Batgirls, not including others like Azrael and allies such as Catwoman. Like it or not but Batman is arguably one of if not the most social member of the Justice league and has always been a highly empathetic person despite his desperate attempts to push people away and his paranoia problems.

Bruce's empathy problems are referenced damn near constantly with his Hero complex basically being confirmed as a mental illness making him just as insane as anyone from his Rogue's Gallery,
>>
>>93456802
I think the reason he's always the guy is because he's seen as the closest to a literal god in the DC canon. His story is even analogous to Jesus so they pick him as some kind of allegorical "what if the Messiah went into business for himself" scenario.
>>
>>93467824
Honestly Batman having his own 'Injustice' story would be really cool if they get into his mind and how he plans it all out. There is no doubt that Batman could ruin the entire Justice League and become the Dictator of Earth if he were to just keep his mouth shut and work behind the scenes, I imagine that the ending would feature the Justice League breaking out of the various prisons that Bruce locked them in with their own armies to fight him. Imagine the GLC, Amazons, Kryptonians, etc and the Legion of Doom all working together to take back the Earth from Bruce's madness.
>>
>>93469449
And winning...after paying the highest of prices, having many dead and Supes becoming a cripple.
>>
>>93469816
>and Supes becoming a cripple
Dead. Every BatFag wants to see Batman kill Superman.
Instead of making Batman the righteous hero striking down a godlike tyrant.. It's the humble visitor from another world, who refuses to maim or kill his one true friend.

This shows that Bruce can't come back from the abyss, and thus Flash can stop Bruce's heart as revenge.

Then the sequel, Bruce wakes up in the Lazarus Pit, and begins screaming 'NOOOOOOOOOO!' at the top of his lungs, as Talia strokes her pregnant belly, and hums 'Here comes the bride'.
>>
>>93470157
>That ending
Damien will have a little bro or sis?
>>
>>93456802
this, I'd kill for a "Batman takes over the world" story. Put batgod wankery to a different use for a change.

I mean, considering how much comics and cartoons like to wank off to the whole "I have countermeasures for everyone in the league", it would be cool if one day, he snapped and decided to do the Justice lord/Injustice thing. he takes down the league with ease and asserts his dominance over the world using his technical expertise and smart brain.

it would be interesting.
>>
>>93451867
1st rule of Elseworlds
Diana is a cunt
>>
>>93470181
>Damien is the baby.
Bruce returns in the second one after 15 years, and has taken over the League of Shadows, and retrained/armored them to be the Colony, and army of Batmen. Their leader is Damien, while Bruce hangs back, waiting for the right opportunity to use the HellBat armor.
>>
>mfw justice lords beyond
White Adam and Zoom Beyond, man
>>
>>93467463
>Plastic Man is the only sensible character in this universe

He was too good for Injustice.
>>
File: 1459366913857.png (156KB, 291x331px)
1459366913857.png
156KB, 291x331px
>it's another capeshit story where characters being competent is considered "extremism" and have to be stopped for the sake of status quo
>>
File: 9202538907.jpg (1MB, 1452x1138px)
9202538907.jpg
1MB, 1452x1138px
>>93465718
I would LOVE to see the Authority on the big screen, but knowing DC/WB they'd probably just screw it up somehow.
>I know let's make it all happy and quip-filled like Marvel!

OK, the Authority vs Injustice JLA. Who would win? I believe the Authority would stomp like a boss but I wanna hear other opinions. Authority vs the Justice Lords as in pic related could go either way for a ton of reasons already mentioned. There would not be a whole lot of earth left when that shit was done.
>>
>>93470349
Think that'll change now that the movie showed the normies that she's a actually a bleeding heart nice girl?
>>
>>93451312
>Every agree Joker should be killed
>Batman probably wouldn't allow it
>lobotomize him everyone happy
>>
>>93471577
Doubtful. It would break 2nd rule of Elseworlds.
Diana is Supe's cocksleve
>>
>>93471450
It would be an extremely difficult thing to judge. Not to mention the whole punching and calling each other out on killing villain/behaving like giant pussies.

The Authority would call out the JLA for not killing those villains that are clearly too insane/sociopathic/powerful AND insane AND sociopathic to let live (like Joker, Darkseid and more). And they wouldn't be wrong at all considering that even despite them most of the time terminating their targets, The Authority didn't mindlessly kill left and right and actually did, as mentioned before, even converted that one mad scientist to their side.

On the other hand The Authority changed a lot depending on the writer, so I don't know which version should be put in (probably the less brutal, but still pretty rock hard one). One time they did protect people in a apocalyptic waste and later they left them and Midnighter beat a old guy to death. Also their villains tend to make Joker look like Joe Chill.

The Ellis days incarnations of them were the best ones.
>>
>>93453916
>there will never be a rock of ages animated adaptation with Mark Hammel voicing this scene
>>
>>93471689
You say that, but the movie also ignited people's OTP fire for DianaxSteve.

If ever there was a time where synergy were a good thing...
>>
>>93454911
Joker has done enough to warrant being a cosmic threat. He Joker gassed the league and helped Lex during Rock of Ages. He counts for a sciencell
>>
>>93471830
You are forgetting normies have attention span of a retarded cat with Wondebat wank coming soon in JL.
Steve is lucky if he makes it into any elseworld at all.
>>
>>93451228
Wait isnt that just what Sinestro did? How come John got to keep his ring?
>>
>>93472220
Because the justice league could defeat the lantern corp

They'd have to take it back by force
>>
>>93467824
Evil batman is literally just Luthur that knows Karate.

Superman would be able to handle him.
>>
>>93474465
Nah, kryptonite ring.
>>
>>93471577
No.

Superman has always been a great guy, but he becomes crazy in some of these. Diana is destined to have her elseworld personality.
>>
>>93470349
>70349â–¶>>93471577
>>>93451867
>1st rule of Elseworlds
>Diana is a cunt

Second rule: Captain Marvel dies.
>>
>>93460315
Exactly
>>
>>93467824
Evil Batman can't work because all you need is a guy with a gun.
>>
>>93471695
Batman<Midnighter (Unfortunate but by definition Midnighter has to be able to defeat Batman or Midnighter isn't a character.
Superman>Apollo because batteries.
Swift is so fast I can't tell if she's going to win against Harkgirl, Maybe yes maybe no, i dunno.
The rest are too over powered, WW doesn't even enter into the discussion except to say that Hawksmoore verses the entire island of Escherichia sounds hot.
>>
>>93465603
The dude survived being shrapnel at the bottom of the ocean for millenia. You don't mess with the rubber bandit.
>>
>>93471810
I think All-Star Superman and The Matrix are the closest we'll ever see to anything resembling a Morrison story on the big screen.
Not a lot of people in film wanna risk seeming "meta", and trying to switch tones from existential horror to cheesy camp and playing with celestial mechanics in a film would be pretty hard.

Which sucks, because a live action version of his Action comics would be insane.
>>
>>93456802
>>93467824
>>93469449
>Elseworld story where Batman kills everyone ala 'Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe' or that issue of Invincible with Best Tiger
>Young Bruce's parents are collateral damage in a super fight
>Grows up and becomes Batman with the intent of destroying all the superhumans/supervillains
>Organizes Justice League as a way to infiltrate superhero community, keep tabs on everyone, learn their weaknesses.
>After years of planning, starts strategically taking out lesser heroes and villains by arranging accidents or putting them into situations where they'll get themselves killed
>Eventually starts working his way up to the bigger targets until only Superman remains
>Big showdown with Batman's betrayal revealed
I'd read the shit out of that
>>
>>93471695
>Ellis
I should have made plain that's the version I'm thinking of. I think after a few pages of wide-screen whupass the Authority and the Justice Lords would probably come to some kind of an agreement on whatever it is they were fighting about - their too evenly matched in my opinion and neither side want to take the potential body count. But the Injustice League? Like I said, stomp because it's just crazy Supes dragging most of the others along, and that's not a team.
>>
>>93455954
Injustice movie would be kino faggot
>>
>>93477140
There is an Injustice movie, it's called watching the cutscenes.
>>
>>93451228
Goddamn, Lord Supes' costume still looks cool to me after all these years. I wish it was an alternative costume for mainstream Supes in the fighting games he's in.
>>
>>93451599
How come the Joker never got the chair. After to many escapes, you think they'd just expedite the process.
>>
>>93453674
this is where they had the most potential for the multiple jokers theory, they could show how there are the real jokers the ones with plans and the copycats who wanted to try it and did minor things
>>
>>93454613
by the only opinion that actually matters to him, himself.
>>
>Justice Lords VS The Crime Syndicate

who wins?
>>
>>93451228
Because they were The Authority and not evil dictator assholes that would kill a child for making them angry.
>>
>>93471450
>the ultimate irony being the perfect director to bring helm a live action adaption of the Authority would be none other than Zack Snyder
>>
>>93478270
Assuming the Lords are on comic book power levels and not the low levels everyone in the cartoon had:

Lords. Look at who each don't have.

The CSA speedster Johnny Quick is a junkie who has never shown the clarity necessary to do speed force tricks. He shouldn't be too hard to deal with

Martian Manhunter on the other hand provides a whole host of powers and abilities to his side, especially telepathy powers.

The other members more or less balance each other out.
>>
>>93475490
I'd love it. Write it like a horror movie where everyone starts dying one by one and no one knows how or why because Batman is manipulating everything behind the scenes.

Think of it like Tower of Babel meets And Then There Was One.
>>
>>93478385
Can't cancel out Superwoman's whip of submission or whatever. Bitch can dominate anyone with that thing.
>>
File: JLA_Analogues_(Planetary)_002.jpg (577KB, 964x484px) Image search: [Google]
JLA_Analogues_(Planetary)_002.jpg
577KB, 964x484px
Authority are overpowered with The Doctor, The Engineer and Jack Hawksmoore Homo Urbanis.
If they had Green Lantern to match The Engineer and a Speedster, maybe they'd have a chance. Anyway Wildstorm characters usually win stuff.
>>
>>93478445
She needs to get it around J'onn for it to work. And he can phase or shapeshift out of it. And he might be more willing to use his telepathy on his own team mates and fight her for control.
GL can expand a forcefield around himself so it comes off
>>
>>93454911
what about the time the Joker stole Myx's power and reshaped the whole universe in his image?
>>
>>93478473
If we're talking JLA instead of Regime JLA wins and wins hard. Most of them are capable of operating at FTL speeds and J'onn is a hard counter to The Doctor who needs to concentrate to pull off his magic. Don't forget Morrison JLA was doing "widescreen" comics years before Authority. He Authority has never had to deal with anything like Crisis Times 5, Rock of Ages, It, or World War 3 before. The closest they got was the Evil Doctor and he would have killed them all if The Doctor didn't pull off a Hail Marry. Seth was enough to curbstomp The Authority and he's not a patch on what Morrison JLA usually fought.
>>
>>93478664
Oh so you're asking what The Authority would do in the Evil Superman Fighting game universe. Oh. Probably capture a bunch of characters and start a revolution against Superman and not go head on while hiding the carrier using the Doctor's powers. The Authority don't super hero as a verb like other characters, they are more thinky.
>>
File: takemymoney.gif (476KB, 438x325px)
takemymoney.gif
476KB, 438x325px
>>93475490
FUND IT!
>>
>>93475490
that kind of reminds me of The Boys
>>
File: god why snyder.jpg (26KB, 500x333px)
god why snyder.jpg
26KB, 500x333px
>>93478372
>>the ultimate irony being the perfect director to bring helm a live action adaption of the Authority would be none other than Zack Snyder
Yep and then they'll be all
>dude the Authority movie was a hit so let's have him direct the Flash
>>
>>93475490
>Batman is pleasant and cheerful with his fellow leaguers
>many fans call it out claiming OOC, others think it's an Adam West tribute.
>they forget Batman can easily play a cheerful face when he's infiltrating and manipulating his targets
>>
>>93452914
It's funny how they have to take it to extremes in order to convince people they're the baddies.
>>
Because they don't twirl their mustaches
>>
>>93474959
>Escherichia
An island of Gram-negative, nonspore forming, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria? Wut?
>>
>>93465032
No Superman fan likes Injustice.
>>
>>93480517
>Superman is on the edge of death
>Batman preparing to shoot him with a kryptonite bullet
>"But Bruce, why? We were your friends!"
>"I'm sorry... old chum."
>BANG
>>
>not posting the truest AltWondy
>>
File: 1e8.jpg (804KB, 2426x2349px)
1e8.jpg
804KB, 2426x2349px
>>93460230
Why does anyone live in Gotham? Burn it and salt the Earth.
>>
>>93462060
To be fair, Superman comes close to murdering a number of the Regime just for them daring to question him.
>>
>>93482686
that's Miss Marvel tho
>>
>>93457319
Why is this being played off as cute and a joke, this is fucked.
>>
>>93454827
>>93454827
>beaten into a comma.

That a new Bat-Power? Smacking people into being punctuation?
>>
>>93483598
Mary Marvel
>>
I wish there was an alt universe where someone kills the Joker and DOESN'T become a global dictator.

Batman would go out of hi way to be a dick to whoever killed Joker while they continue to carry on and not kill average criminals.

"Killing one remorseless irredeemable psycho doesn't make me into one Bruce. I just want to kill monsters like that white faced thing you treated like a pet all these years. Not bank robbers. Not even murderers. Just monsters."

"But where do you draw the-"

"How about 100+ victims? That a good enough line for the bat-virtue?"
>>
>>93477372
The outfit from the Godfall arc that was a skin in the first Injustice looks very similar to it. In fact, until I read Godfall after finding out about it from said skin's description, I thought it was the Justice Lords outfit.
>>
>>93463036
>>93465718

The Authority are all about being Fascist monsters.
>>
>>93480706

I'm betting it as Autocorrect.
>>
>>93451228
Because the Lords were written well. We saw Lex become president and do something so horrendously fucked up the League had to assault the White House and put him down.

It felt less like they wanted to take over and more circumstances led them to take over, sort of like the Gruenwald Squadron Supreme. There was a power vacuum and they filled that vacuum as best they could.

Superman's Regime is retarded because

1. Batwank out the ass. "Only Batman is strong enough not to be corrupted by power. Only Batman is strong enough to not fall for the Joker's mind games". Everyone knows Bruce is the League member closest to the edge and yet he's the only good one.

2. Somehow killing Joker is supposed to be the line that once crossed cannot be stepped over again. Killing Ted Bundy with a nuke somehow leads to global dictatorship. And its all to wank off Batman's no kill rule. They even do it again with Brainiac in Injustice 2. "No Superman we can't kill the genocidal alien we must be good".

3. Superman and Wonder Woman are needlessly cruel and evil. It's not enough they have to take over the world. They have to be evilllllll about it. They have to employ supervillians and kill Captain Marvel for disagreeing with them (there better be a Billy premier skin Boon you fucker)
>>
>>93483948
That is true. Particularly after Ellis left the book. But they aren't incompetent fuckups who headshot children.

They'd like Superman's Regime about as much as Red Hood did and would fight them on general principal.
>>
>>93483974
>They even do it again with Brainiac in Injustice 2. "No Superman we can't kill the genocidal alien we must be good".
Atleast he has an excuse with that one.
Having Brainiac alive is better than letting power hungry Supes or his fuccboi Cyborg fuck around with his shit.
>>
>>93453778
Salvation Run just showed what a shit character Joker is.
>>
>>93455256
GLs job are to keep planets spining. Genocides are bad aswell, but they won't interviere with every single small border dispute or civil strife.
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.