[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Lex ever try learning magic to beat Superman? Makes sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: lex_luthor_president.jpg (148KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
lex_luthor_president.jpg
148KB, 1296x730px
Did Lex ever try learning magic to beat Superman? Makes sense since Supes is "weak" to it, and with his genius, he'd be like Dr. Fate level in no time.
>>
>>93434125
Lex hates the very idea of "magic"
>>
I though magic really wasn't learnable in the DCU unless you're a Homo Magi.
>>
>>93434161
I try to forget that as often as I can.
>>
>>93434161
Wiki says Homo Magi only gets a easier time learning it. Couldn't he just use an artifact for magic?
>>
>>93434176
Wait, >>93434161 isn't trolling?
>>
>>93434125
That's literally what happened in Forever Evil no? The evil Shazam is Alexander Luthor and wreck Ultraman's shit so bad and fuck his bitch that Ultraman snorts Kryptonite just to be him?
>>
>>93434256
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Homo_Magi

>Homo Magi is a sub-race of naturally magic-wielding humans. According to Doctor Mist, the Homo magi evolved in a parallel but separate line, alongside Homo sapiens. Homo magi have are naturally adept at magic; while all humans can learn to use magic, Homo Magi are more talented at it.

>Sindella (Zatanna's mother), Arion, Atlan and Tempest are all famously powerful magic users and presumably all Homo magi. Known offspring of Homo magi are Zatanna, daughter of Sindella and the original John Zatara, and Traci Thirteen the daughter of Doctor Thirteen and an unknown female member of the Homo magi.
>>
He can't prove magic.
>>
>>93434125
Due to his muggle blood, it would take longer for him to learn magic than the amount of time that will be allowed to pass in comics. Besides, Superman has kicked the ass of plenty of magic users. Superman only ever has trouble with strong guys and mind stuff, Neither of which tends to be magic in the DC universe. I honestly can't remember the last time magic was an actual threat to superman, however a bunch of bricks and a guy with telekinesis are his current bad guys in his comics. And those are actually doing pretty good.

Yes, Superman, the guy everyone insists is the overpowered consistently gets his ass handed to him in melee combat by guys as strong or stronger than him. Can't blame Luthor for using the two methods that ever seem to work.
>>
>>93434125
Stop stealing my ideas
>>
>>93434300
Main universe Lex said the magic word, which worked because technically they are the same person, to revert Earth 3 Luthor back into his mortal, pathetic form. I wouldnt really call that Lex using magic but using his head like always
>>
I thought Superman just didn't resist magic like everything else.
if it was an RPG, Superman would take x0.5 damage from everything else, x1 from Magic and x2 from kryptontie
>>
>>93434716
Sweetie, if he has no resistance to it then that makes it a weakness of his. Just because regular humans are weak to damn near everything doesn't change that.
>>
He doesn't trust anything he doesn't fully understand.
>>
>>93434716

It's often considered a weakness since he has no resistance.
>>
>>93434749
>He doesn't trust anything
Fixed that for you
>>
>>93434716
It's often considered a weakness, since people don't read his comics.
>>
>>93434125
He doesn't trust magic since it is power that relies on forces outside his control. He prefers to enlist others to use it for him and give him a buffer against the direct costs of trying to use magic. Besides, the alien tech he researches is often as powerful if not more powerful than the magic he has encountered. Who needs magic against Superman when you have Kryptonite?
>>
>>93434125
>>93434160
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, which is why you invoke the words of power to summon your helper-familiar when you wish to know the world far from yourself, communicate with distant lands or conjure material goods from beyond, and why Lex paints his balls with nanomachines son to ward off nutsack eating alien men.
>>
So you want Lex to be Doctor Doom?
>>
File: 1309711896361.jpg (131KB, 1225x572px) Image search: [Google]
1309711896361.jpg
131KB, 1225x572px
>>93434716
you right
>>
>>93434160

This

Should have been /thread

>>93435025
This is correct. Excepting last part of last sentence. Kyrponite itself isn't alien tech.

>>93434734
>it a weakness of [Superman]

IF everyone is susceptible (which everyone IS, including magic users, as magic is used in the DC Universe, all media), then WHAT is actually going on is that Superman isn't any MORE or any LESS susceptible. Unlike his usual status quo, he's just as VULNERABLE to magic as any other person (even Captain Marvel and the Wizard Shazam are susceptible to magic, in canon).

You are correct that it's a weakness, but he's not MORE susceptible to magic than any other person. There are people (mostly magic wielders) who are less susceptible than others to magic, but that doesn't make it MORE of a weakness to Supes. So >>93434716 is not misunderstanding or incorrect in any way, shape or form.

>>93434793
See above
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.