[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Legacy Costume Designs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0575.jpg (256KB, 1162x1783px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0575.jpg
256KB, 1162x1783px
I'm cautiously optimistic about this Legacy thing. I read both Marvel & DC (just a superhero fan in general), & Rebirth has been pretty fucking great for DC. Almost every title is super fun to read & the overall Rebirth story has been pretty solid.

I'm concerned about something though.

Do you think they're going to bring back some of the original designs? I noticed the original Cap on the cover of the Thing/Torch cover. Maybe it's just me, but honestly...that wouldn't be great. Don't get me wrong, I love Alex Ross and his artwork is phenomenal, but personally, I can't stand any of the older costume designs. Like Cap, for example; the boots, the head wings, the gloves...what the fuck is even going on? Honestly, I've never been a fan of many older costume designs. Personally I think the costume should be reflective of the time period. What would our government outfit a super soldier with? He's not impervious to bullets, so a little body armor & a helmet. A utility belt is a must. All terrain boots, shit like that. Marvels main continuity takes place in 2017...right? I don't even know anymore. Marvel's been a goddamn dumpster fire lately. Secret Empire's been entertaining though.

If they're tying to do what DC did with Rebirth, they should find a good balance between older & more modern designs. I dunno, character designs can really make or break a series for me.
>>
>>93425459
That's a lot of text for a variant cover event celebrating nothing ever changing.
>>
>>93425459
>but honestly...that wouldn't be great.

I think it's great because I've never liked any of the new suits that Cap has gotten in the past 7 years except maybe the Director of SHIELD one (but that I liked more in Winter Soldier). They felt like pale imitations of the Ultimate suit (which worked more in that universe and in MCU).
>>
>>93425459
Why would you be optimistic about what basically amounts to a bunch of half assed variants and a few stealth minis?
>>
>>93425459
>I'm cautiously optimistic about this Legacy thing.
t. shill
>>
>>93425543
Should specify that it's the 616 Cap suits in the last 7 years I'm not fond of. I'm okay with the MCU suits but I feel like they'd be out of place in 616.
>>
>>93425480
You can say that about any superhero comic ever.
The strength of superheroes is not their ability to change the status quo.
It's recognizing the cyclical nature of things.
>>
>>93425459
I would hope that with legacy's eventual failure they'll finally clean house and fire all of the people who are actively ruining marvel, but it won't happen. They'll just blame the fans for not buying into their bullshit once again, and push put another terrible relaunch full of shit that no one will care about.
>>
File: warpunisher.gif (2MB, 400x616px) Image search: [Google]
warpunisher.gif
2MB, 400x616px
Theyre not all bad
>>
>>93425459
>I'm cautiously optimistic about this Legacy thing
> Almost every title is super fun to read & the overall Rebirth story has been pretty solid.
Is this "I love eating shit: the OP"?
>>
>>93425459
OG Cap still looks good. However sticking Thor and Tony back in their first outfits is a crime, they have so many superior options.
>>
>>93425841
Wow, that modern cover really lacks the impact of the original.

I don't think they realized it, but the gifs they released ended up highlighting how badly their cover design has fallen.
>>
>>93425900
And there's plenty of good modern updates to their classic costumes that aren't complete redesigns.
Look at Sideshows statues of Thor, Hulk, Cap and Hulk. Updated to modern styling nut the costume I'd still clearly the classic
>>
>>93425459
>Legacy
>Bendis Luke and Gamora
Fuck outta here
>>
>>93426015
Best modern redesigns
>>
>>93425993
Pretty sure it's by Deodato or someone else in the Poser posse. Even dog turds would look good next to their "art"
>>
>>93425900
I'm fine with Cap going back to his classic look, but It just makes no sense to stick Iron Man back in his classic 70's/80's armor. I mean to be fair, a lot of redesigns of his armor from the Quesada era onwards have been okay to so-so to lazy to awful, with the only truly good one being the Extremis armor. But using the classic armor just feels like a step backwards.

Come to think of it, Quesada put him back in the classic armor 17 years ago.
>>
>>93425459
All you are getting is Cavengers and variant covers.

Everything else is pretty much most of the same writers on the same books (Slott will be on ASM FOREVER AND EVER). Some of theses books already just started. There's only like a very few new books. The minority and legacy characters are still around.
>>
>>93425459
You are all buncha faggots.
>>
>>93425459
No F4. No X-Men. Multiple Inhumans are featured. Some legacy.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.