[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programming block canon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Miguzi-2.gif (40KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
Miguzi-2.gif
40KB, 300x199px
So this is about a little Girl living in a Sealab on an alien planet with the other aliens and she just like, spends 2 hours a day watching "One Piece" and "Totally Spies" and stuff?
this vexes me
is there a conceivable backstory here?
>>
>>93423782
I had completely forgotten this existed until just now
>>
She doesn't live there she visits the lab.
>>
>>93423782
she's actually secretly a sex slave
>>
>>93423818
when was that established?
>>
>>93423900
in the opening?
>>
>>93423782
Oh shit Miguzi, I remember this.

Wasn't this just Toonami but shittier and in the mornings?
>>
>>93424043
>shittier

wew

It was in the afternoon.
>>
>>93423782
The backstory is baby toonami
>>
File: Miguzi_logo.jpg (6KB, 297x106px) Image search: [Google]
Miguzi_logo.jpg
6KB, 297x106px
>>93423782
It had to do with perceived demographic change around 2004. Toonami was still going strong, but CN thought that the time slot should be dedicated to content that could reach out to a slightly younger audience while still being enjoyable to Toonami fans. So, the folks behind Toonami were asked to make a new block and Toonami, the action block for older kids, was relegated to Saturday nights; thus Miguzi was born.

This was also during CN's City Phase, and Erin, the main girl, was voiced by the same announcer from those promos and end credit spiels. If I'm not mistaken, the Docks that appear at the beginning of her intro also appeared at some point in the City Promos.

The idea, within the block itself, was that at some point before the show, Erin came across a crashed Space Ship that was trapped underneath water. She befriended the alien crew on board and decided to show them all about Earth Culture, through cartoons and anime. Now everyday after school, during the time of the block, she would visit for a few hours and watch shows with the aliens, the ones we were watching, as well as play games or goof around with the crew, which we see before and after every commercial break. Eventually, they introduced a new alien character a viewer designed in a contest (making him the brother of an existing character) but I cannot find any information on how he was introduced, but the show was the exact same.

The block was semi-popular, but obviously not to the extent of of Toonami, but it was canceled in 2007 to be replaced the Master Control block, for a handful of reason. (Though, the Master Control Block lasted only 3 months or so.) It ended on June 1st, as did all the City Bumpers in their entirety; then CN played a 3-Day Pokemon Marathon as a clear divide, to then have the network start it's 2007 phase trying to 'Modernize' and revamp the channel.
>>
File: yoke.png (693KB, 982x666px) Image search: [Google]
yoke.png
693KB, 982x666px
>>93423782
remember when they did a contest where they asked kids to send in ideas for a new alien to join the group and what they ended up going with was just a straight ripoff of the Yolkians from Jimmy Neutron?
>>
>>93424290
???
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.