[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shows that actually got an official ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

ITT: Shows that actually got an official ending
>>
Why did Hirsch quit before Season 3 again?
>>
>>93422900
He didn't want the show to go on as long as SpongeBob and Family Guy. He didn't want it to go stale
>>
File: avatar_the_last_airbender.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
163KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>93422886
Not a good one
>>
>>93422916
HAHAHAHAHA the amount of credit you give him is amazing.

No it's because he hated Disney and overworked himself first season because he doesn't now know how to pace himself so he burnt himself out.
>>
>>93423094
I don't know why they didn't just take their time with it gradually producing 3 seasons. It's not like the fanbase died or anything. They could've taken two years to start season 2 and it would be as popular as ever.
>>
File: Pic_1552541.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pic_1552541.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>93423094
>itt shit people make up
>>
>>93422916
So instead he rushed it and ended up making it unsatisfying
>>
>series finale is indistinguishable from a regular episode, except for one quick line/scene at the end that vaguely acknowledges it's the last one.
>>
It was definitely one of the grandest finales in any Cartoon Network show next to Regular Show and Ed, Edd n Eddy
>>
>>93423117
Hirsch still didn't like working for Disney. There's several instances on his Reddit AMA where he mentions how Disney pulled certain ideas they deemed too dark, how they refused to release a box set even though Hirsch tried to write them a proposal why it was beneficial, often didn't communicate with him about hiatuses and air times. Even if he had a better personal workflow, he still would've wanted to quit.

>>93423159
>I'm An Idiot: The Post
http://www.avclub.com/article/see-you-next-summer-alex-hirsch-says-goodbye-gravi-232432
>"Season one was such a difficult thing. I’d never made a television show before, and just the type of show this is—the amount of callbacks and continuity, the level of artistry, the complicatedness of it—was very taxing. And in the middle of season one—I remember I was on my fourth all-nighter in a row—I promised myself, “This is it. You’re not making another season. You’re done.” Because I was wiped out."
>>
>>93423213
I'd honestly prefer seeing a finale like that after all the underwhelming "epic" finales we've gotten in the past two years.
>>
>>93423311
>all the underwhelming "epic" finales we've gotten in the past two years.

Which ones?
>>
File: Homemovies_sm.png (8KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
Homemovies_sm.png
8KB, 240x210px
https://youtu.be/Rz90i0dgJcI
>>
File: 1349561057620.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1349561057620.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
Derailing your thinly veiled Gravity Falls thread by responding to the actual topic.
>>
>>93422886
Johnny Test
>>
>>93423380
Did it really?
>>
>>93423343
not him, but a lot of people didnt' like SJ and GF finales. I did though
>>
>>93423343
Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, and Regular Show come to mind.
>>
File: maxresdefault (10).jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (10).jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Danny Phantom.jpg (7KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Danny Phantom.jpg
7KB, 256x192px
>>
>>93423359
>Stuart Tank
My favorite character. Good old Stuart tank, pride of Kasserdine.
>>
It wasn't the ending they originally planned for or the one we wanted, but it was an ending regardless.
>>
>>93423273
How could Disney have treated the show better!? The amount of shit they got away with on it is just insane! Did he want to terrify the kids and get it cancelled?

Also, DVDs are all but useless for this type of show, and Blu-ray cartoons are extremely rare. So it's available in HD digitally.

As for the hiatuses and air times, Disney wanted him to make more episodes but he said no, so they decided to space the later episodes out as much as possible.
>>
>>93424017
Why are DVDs useless?
>>
>>93423094
>>93423159
>>93423273
And yet he still came back for 10 more episodes, then 20, and finally just over 21. Do you have any idea how hard it is to do that after you've realized the toll it's taking on you?

Just admit it, you guys only hate him for Mabel.
>>
>>93424045
Because they're limited to shitty SD quality. Which for a cartoon like this makes it all but unwatchable.
>>
>>93423461
Shitty ending, it would be better if it was cancelled a little before
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnFjAkAs_q4
>>
>>93424047
There's been people who have made great shows that didn't get burned out after only 20 episodes.

The guy had a shit work method, plain and simple. Him overworking himself is no one's fault but his own. Gennedy, Craig McCracken, Danny Antonucci, Thurop Van Orman all managed without breaking down.
>>
>>93424104
That shit was more fucked up than the infamous old fan theory ending of deungeon and dragons ending.
>>
>>93424134
He was new to the position. And yet despite the time management issues he managed to make a much better show than any of them, and in far fewer episodes.

(Seriously, just look at what happened to Samurai Jack. And PPG and EE&E are overrated as fuck - nowhere near GF quality.)
>>
>>93424134
I think he was younger than most of those guys when he got his own show, I think that contributed to his overworking
>>
>>93424271
Both Danny and Craig were new to being a showrunner as well when they got their shows. They only had storyboarding experience and some art director on What a Cartoon! shorts and freelance gigs under their belt when they got a show. Alex was a board artist and writer for both Flapjack and Fish Hooks for years before he got GF.

And you're wrong about the overrated thing. PPG Movie is one of the best superhero movies in general and even if you dislike S5 Jack, those first three episodes beat out the majority of what GF put out.

But even so, Daron Nefcy barely had any experience working in TV and Star has been competent in its world building, character development, and continuity. She's yet to break down from it and the show's already been approved for four seasons. It's not like GF's lore is anymore complex than Star.

>>93424325
I think Alex and Craig were around the same age. 25 - 27, not sure exactly.
>>
>>93424387
Just double checked, Antonucci had a bunch of animator experience he did in the 80's as well for stuff like Smurfs and Scooby Doo.
>>
I mean, RS, GF, Mystery Inc, etc, stuff Iike them right? but any 80s-earIy 2000s series?
>>
>>93423343
>>
>>93422886
Ed, Edd n Eddy
>>
>>93423240
Good ol' KND, I don't think this show had an episode that I actually disliked, season one probably had some early installment weirdness going on, but other than that? Loved it.
>>
>>93425438
>>93424077
>>93423446
RS was fine, fags
>>
>>93423359
That was a nice ending
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.