[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Waid's Daredevil Run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: SEP161115.jpg (108KB, 450x681px) Image search: [Google]
SEP161115.jpg
108KB, 450x681px
Saw the first Omnibus for sale on IST for $40. You guys recommend it, even if it's from Waid?

I glanced over issues before and I loved Samnee's visual storytelling, but wasn't sure about the who story itself.
>>
>>93422791
It's pretty good. Far from the best Daredevil run, but Daredevil is probably the character with the most good runs and the least shitty ones. Enjoy it!
>>
File: GINGERED.jpg (269KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GINGERED.jpg
269KB, 791x1200px
It starts off really strong, but eventually ends up in "what this is still on my pull list?" land. So the first omnibus sounds about right tbhwy.
>>
>Even it's from Waid
It's sad that people on this board will only know Waids bad side. This run is great. It'll scare you to know that Bendis wrote an even better run.

Modern Waid comes in like 20 chapters before the end.
>>
>>93422830
>>93422871
Awesome thanks. Any quick rundown on the overall narrative of it, besides just Daredevil actually being happy for once or something?
>>
Read up until the end of the Ikari arc.

>/co/'s reaction when THAT moment happened
It was glorious
>>
>>93422791
Not bad. But still prepare yourself for Waid's signature cringe writing.
>>
>>93422877

This mostly, except I hold both runs to equal regard.

Daredevil is one of the very few cape comics with consistently awesome back to back runs spanning decades, with the sad exception of Shadowland.

Seriously, what the hell.
>>
>>93422901
I wish that arc had a better ending though, the giant-size issue felt anticlimatic in places.
>>
>>93422924
Shadowland + Soule*
>>
>>93422906
Fuck you. Waid used to be an amazing writer. The guy wrote the best Flash and JLA runs co loves to eat up. Post secret wars he has been admittedly shit so there you go. Just don't forget every writer has their goods and Bad.
>>
File: 1498006778939.png (416KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1498006778939.png
416KB, 680x680px
>tfw people think I've always hated Marvel when I've got every issue from V2 until V4 floppies, with the best of V1 in TPB
>>
>>93422942

Well, sure, but i figured everyone knew modern marvel blows all around
>>
>>93422791
Daredevil Vol.3 was great.
Daredevil Vol.4 was where Waid starred going downhill. Passable but quality goes down.
>>
>>93422791

Vol 3 is good, vol. 4 is when it stopped being must-read. His new look sucked and his California baddies were forgettable.
>>
>>93422791
first half isn't bad

second half is garbage
>>
>>93422947
Except he's been bad since ANAD Marvel. That's nearly two years. Usually this shows a writers downfall. And the stories you mentioned was written 15-20 years ago.
>>
>>93423323
>>93423352
Thought you guys loved the Ikari arc.
>>
It's smooth sailing until Matt gets to San Francisco.
>>
>>93424172
No, it's good until the Treyvon Martin arc
>>
File: purple space bazooka.jpg (41KB, 433x650px) Image search: [Google]
purple space bazooka.jpg
41KB, 433x650px
>>93424685
Do I event want to know?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.