[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Batman catch Light before Light figured out he's Bruce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 387
Thread images: 39

File: image.jpg (49KB, 635x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 635x355px
Could Batman catch Light before Light figured out he's Bruce Wayne and kills him?
>>
>>93416890
kira could simply write that the president issued an order to kill batman before committing suicide
>>
>>93416970
Death Note won't kill an additional person whose true name isn't written down under any circumstances, even accidental. It's magic so those are just the rules.
If he wrote down what you said the Prez would just get a heart attack.
>>
>>93416890
Is Light in his highschool student stage or working professional police team member phase?
Also are they both in Japan or Gotham or each in their respective countries?
I don't recall them ever even establishing Light can speak English as well.
>>
>>93416970
This >>93417060

Mello even acknowledge he tested this and knew it wouldn't work when he bluffed and threaten to control the president and cause ww3.
>>
Light could use Two-Face to break the Bat. Two-Face is a widely known public figure and criminal, so he fits the criteria in that Light could easily find out his true name and he has committed acts that Light would kill for.

From there he could write something like, "Harvey Dent orders his henchmen to livestream him unmasking Batman and is then killed in an accident" and as long as Light is watching the livestream he would see Bruce Wayne, who is also a well-known public figure so from then on it's good night to the dark knight.
>>
>>93416890
Yes he could and would
>>
>>93416970
That's not how the Death Note works and there's a whole segment of Light testing his powers on criminals in prison while explaining this.
>>
>>93417122

But if this was the DC world Superman could just hear Light speerging out loud in his room and catch him, or ask John, Fate or Deadman to check on with ghosts who Kira is.

Also, is kand a funny to thing that Light still couldn't kill the Joker
>>
>>93417250
His name is joe kerr
>>
>>93417122
>I don't recall them ever even establishing Light can speak English as well.
Literally the first episode.
>>
>>93416890
Depends on the writer really.

In the Harley Quinn pages drawn by Timm, she and the Joker commited a "perfect" robbery, but she dropped a brand new jacket on accident, Batman found them the very minute they arrived to their new lair.

Batman could find him, but Kira's elusiveness came from his father being chief of the police force, so this kira would be Gordon Jr. in that case, it would be an easy find for Batman; he'd be one of the prime suspects fast.

If, however, there were a Misa Amane, things could be a bit tougher, but Batman would most likely be hiding and not to be seen under daylight. I'd go for Batman definitively.
>>
If Thomas Wayne Batman from Earth 3 went after Light and Light found out his name and face would the Death Note work or not due to Earth 0's Thomas Wayne already being dead?
>>
>>93416890
Light is fucking retarded. Of course Batman could find him before he dies.
>>
>>93417122

Light can read English (because that's the language Ryuk wrote the rules in). Presumably he can speak it as well.
>>
>>93417122
The death note rules are written in English you mong
>>
>>93417354
Let's have it like the Infinity Gauntlets and kryptonite: they only work within their respective universe; but magic has been shown to be transfuniversal so who knows, remember that not only you must know the name, but know the face of the person you want dead, as to not kill people with the same name.
>>
Yes, because Light is a fucking moron.
>>
>>93417373
>>93417398
You know, lately when some animemer asks me about Death Note, I usually respond "thinking about it, if Light was one of the smartest and most gifted young men in Japan, people must be fucking dumbasses".
>>
>>93417214
>From there he could write something like, "Harvey Dent orders his henchmen to livestream him unmasking Batman and is then killed in an accident" and as long as Light is watching the livestream he would see Bruce Wayne, who is also a well-known public figure so from then on it's good night to the dark knight.
See, now that's where it gets tricky.
Either this situation is possible at the time and happens as you've described it or it isn't possible at the time and Dent just dies of a eart attack.
Say Bruce Wayne has fucked off to Japan to look into Light, then there's no way Two Face, in Gotham, could do it.
But, in that happening, Light would then reasonably suspect the high profile, rich, white guy who had just come to Japan to help fund the Japanese police search.
At the same time, Bruce would have Dick or someone else running around as Batman in Gotham leading Light to consider Bruce as someone who just helps Batman, etc.

Gotta take all the keikaku-ing into account.
>>
>>93417323
Misa is irrelevant. The shindigs I eyes only work if the face is unobscured. And Batman is wearing a mask
>>
>>93417454
OH right I forgot about that; damn then Light barely has any chance, the only thing he could do is grab random people from the street and turn them into multiple suicide bombers or something.
>>
>>93417452
Bruce would probably start working with Batman of Japan, a Batman Inc connection, after the deaths started, who Light could probably begin his investigation by looking into.
>>
>>93417454
>The shindigs I eyes only work if the face is unobscured
Only if certain parts of the face are uncovered.
You can get by with just most of the face, but Batman conveniently already has the correct covering to prevent the shinigami eyes from working on him.
However, if he was sufficiently fucked by the Joker/Bane/whomever to the point that a lot of his mask was damaged on live television, then they would work and his name could be found.

If you bare with me, I'm sure I have the image that shows this off.
>>
>>93417487

I might be misremembering, but I think one of the rules is that the death of the person can't also cause the death of others. Same rationale why you couldn't use the death note to force the president to launch a bunch of nukes.
>>
>>93417302
Joseph P. Kerr.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 725x432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 725x432px
How many tennis games would it take L to figure out Bruce is Batman?
>>
>Fucking around with death spirits and killing people with a magic book

He has all of 3 seconds before Dr. Fate teleports in and LORDS OF ORDER'S him AND Ryuk.
>>
File: What a twist.jpg (73KB, 906x906px) Image search: [Google]
What a twist.jpg
73KB, 906x906px
>>93416890
Even when he figures out he's Bruce Wayne and knows his face, he wouldn't be able to kill him. Bruce Wayne is the disguise. He is Batman and his mask his is real face. Light would be distraught when he learned how easy it would have been to kill him, but by then it would be too late and Batman would already have defeated him.
>>
>>93417609
>Dr Fate
>giving a shit about some murders
>>
>>93417250
That is what Misa was for. She has the eyes remember?
>>
>>93417452

Batman is high profile enough that, if Kira regards Batman as an actual entity and not as an urban legend, he could make pretty reasonable assumptions to get the circumstances just right. Batman mainly operates at night. Batman almost always appears when the freaks do. Batman is extremely territorial, mainly operating inside of Gotham City and shunning the help of outside supers.

It's not that difficult to manipulate Batman into being in Gotham, and Batman's villains have put him in enough compromising situations that it isn't outside the realm of possibility that Two-Face can get Batman tied up in a shark tank or something.

Besides, thinking about it, even if the Two-Face ploy fails, it's not like Light couldn't use other villains like Penguin, Ivy, Catwoman...every Batman villain has a public identity besides Joker.

And, when you think about it, Bruce Wayne has much less safeguards against people finding out his identity than L did.

Only way I see Batman not dying to Kira is if Clark intervenes quickly enough or Batman gets the jump on Light
>>
>>93416890
Batman is his real name, Bruce Wayne is just the cover identity.
I am willing to bet if Light wrote Batman in the Death Note, it would kill him.
>>
Just thought of something...

What would Wonder Woman's "true name" be, in order to be written into the death note?

Diana? Diana Prince?

Also, what about superman?

Would it be "Clark Kent" or "Kal El"?
>>
On side a note, which name would he have to use to kill Superman, Clark Kent or Kal-El?
>>
>>93417696

Wouldn't Kira have already murdered pretty much every super villain by the time he got to Batman? Seems like the first people he would target, given he started out with high profile criminals.
>>
>>93417725

That's a good one, actually. I'm willing to bet for Clark it would be Kal El since the rules seem to go off of birth name.
>>
>>93417705
5 minutes too late. It would kill him, but Light wouldn't even try just writing Batman and imagining Bruce's "masked" face. Like I said above here >>93417624 it would piss him off to know how easy it would have been, after he worked so hard to figure out he needed to kill Bruce Wayne, who is merely Batman's mask.
>>
>>93417752
He'd have to write down Superman
>>
>>93417696
>>93417759
Superman would be incredibly easy to kill, provided shinigami magic works on Kryptonians, which it presumably would.
>>
>>93417759

That's a possibility, yes, but in a world where both Batman and Kira exist it's likely that he might focus on eliminating Batman as a threat because of his detective skills. He's not exactly as obscure as L was.

Also technically even without the detective angle Batman is a vigilante. Kira might just consider him to be a criminal and target him anyways.
>>
>>93417815
Eh, isn't Kira a vigilante too?
>>
Would the death note work on people like Clayface?
>>
>>93416890
You think you could fool the world's greatest detective?
>>
Could the Deathnote work on Manhattan? Dude still has a soul right?
>>
>>93417771
Wouldn't it be the name you most identify with? Like, what if you got amnesia and forgot your real name?
>>
>>93417804
In theory. But he's have to make Clark do something like eat kryptonite. A regular heart attack won't work.

I doubt it would work on Wonder Woman (she's usually touching her lasso at her side), Martian Manhunter (his brain is too complex), or Captain Marvel (Wisdom of Solomon).
>>
>>93417857
Does the death note even work on chimps?
>>
>>93417844
Nah, he's God, remember?
But yes, just a magic one.
>>
>>93417804

Not so, Clark has the advantage of super hearing as pointed out eariler in the thread so if Kira were operating there's a high chance that, if Clark suspected that something like the Death Note was in play, he would use super speed and just snatch the Death Note from Kira.

I think Light could reasonably put two and two together and realize that Clark Kent is Superman, if he sees photos of the two and this isn't under the rule where Superman vibrates his head ever so slightly to throw off any onlookers from realizing his secret identity. I'm not sure that Light could then find out that Clark Kent is truly Kal El without some digging, since that's not exactly common knowledge, is it?
>>
>>93417844
It'd probably be Jason Todd logic where Kira thinks that Batman only makes Gotham worse by not killing such horrible people
>>
File: we call the watchmen.png (510KB, 792x826px) Image search: [Google]
we call the watchmen.png
510KB, 792x826px
>>93417851
clayface has a heart...right?
regardless, the death note can specify deaths, so he`s probably fucked.
>>
>>93417691
>Implyng Misa woudn't have a way bigger list of options to lust after in a world full of insane edgelords and go full Harley on the Joker instead of Light
>>
>>93417881
>>93417804
He's have to use Superman's true name. Which is tricky because as Action Comics showed its both Clark Kent AND Kal-El.
>>
>>93417868

If it's the name you most identify with, then wouldn't Light have just had to write "L" in the Death Note to kill him, or write "Near" to kill Near?
>>
File: 719828-manhattan_1.jpg (101KB, 284x320px) Image search: [Google]
719828-manhattan_1.jpg
101KB, 284x320px
>>93417865
Souls don't exist, dumbass.
>>
>>93417122
>I don't recall them ever even establishing Light can speak English as well.
Wouldnt this come with the whole "genius" thing?
>>
>>93417914
It definitely does in the DC universe
>>
>>93417896
...Does he?

What exactly would you do to kill Clayface though?

>>93417906
But those were aliases. They didn't consider "themselves" L or Near.
>>
>>93417844

Didn't stop him before, why would it now?
>>
>>93417871
>But he's have to make Clark do something like eat kryptonite.
I really doubt that.
>A regular heart attack won't work.
It'd be a Kryptonian heart attack.
>(she's usually touching her lasso at her side)
What does that even mean?
>(his brain is too complex)
It's got nothing to do with his brain, it's magic death.
If other sapient races existed, I'm sure the Death Note would find a different default death for them, like how a heart attack is ours.
Simple and effective.
>(Wisdom of Solomon)
Still not sure what you're getting at.
These powers don't stop death from the power of a death god.
>>
>>93417815
Light didn't target people who were legitimately trying to do good unless they were after him.

He also didn't target criminals who felt remorse and were trying to repent.
That's also one of those plot points L used to deduce that there was someone else killing people when Light erased his own memories of being Kira. The corporate suit with the Death Note was just indiscriminately going down a list of criminals to keep up appearances as he also off'd his corporate rivals.

Light would first have to do something to bring Batman's attention onto himself for this scenario to even begin, so unless Batman suddenly found most of Arkham dead, he wouldn't be involved in any of the Kira shit.

You might as well just give the Joker a Death Note and see in what ways he'd have people kill themselves.
>>
I think it would be more interesting if the Question went after him. Like no one believes his theory about a teen using a notebook to kill people so he has to catch him on his own before Kria does irreversible damage to the DC universe
>>
>>93417900
Would he have to write Kal-El in Kryptonian?
>>
>>93417960
>Joker
>killing people the easy way

I don't know if he would, but then again Emperor Joker was a thing.
>>
>>93417936
You would just make him jump into something acidic and let him fully dissolve.
And pray he doesn`t come out as another Joker/Creeper
>>
>>93417935
nuh uh
>>
Reminder of the death note rules

>The HUMAN whose name you write in this book shall die

Superman is an alien

Wonder Woman is a golem/Amazon

Martian manhunter is an alien

Kira is fucked
>>
>>93417936
>What exactly would you do to kill Clayface though?
I think this >>93417945 brings up a good point.
DC has a lot of different races/meta human and all that who don't have a heart/can't have a heart attack/whatever, so the magic book would probably just give them some kind of default natural cause death.
I mean, it is magic.
>>
File: John-constantine.jpg (128KB, 618x485px) Image search: [Google]
John-constantine.jpg
128KB, 618x485px
I'm going to be fair here, i think this is more of a underground magic department, i picture John discovering Light and winning against him, since his super-power is pulling shit out of his ass to scape death
>>
>>93417936

Well, we never did learn either of their names, did we? But you could make the argument that they'd identified as L or Near since childhood, since the names seem to have been assigned at the orphanage where they grew up. At what point does an alias become your true name?

Though I do wonder, now that I think about it I don't believe they dealt well with like....what about those who legally change their name long after their birth? Surely some of the criminals Kira murdered had to have had their names changed. What about married women? Does it work off maiden name or married name? If we knew that, then we could definitively determine whether a birth name is absolutely required or not.
>>
>>93417985
>And pray he doesn`t come out as another Joker/Creeper
Well he couldn't.
If the suicide scenario written works, then the person is dead dead.
If said suicide wouldn't work, they'll just default to a heart attack.
If the name is written, they're dead and nothing can change that.
>>
>>93417987
If you hate souls so much, why you made a world where they are real?
>>
>>93417981
Just imagine the pages and pages of stuff he'd write detailing just one random person's death into such a way that he would find funny.

Or he could just burn the Death Note, or try to kill a death god since killing a god of death could be funny.

Or none of the above, the Joker is a wild card.
>>
>>93417945
>Kryptonian heart attack

Which would instantly restart because its a kryptonian heart powered by solar cells.

>What does that even mean?

The lasso has been shown to break all sorts of mind control and compulsion in the past from magic to super-science.

It's even worked on Anti-Life.

>Brain is too complex

He has back up personalities inside himself that would kick in like that time he regenerated from a hand. He's also Plastic-Man level durable. Having him throw himself into a black hole might work though

>Still not sure what you're getting at

Wisdom of Solomon guarantees he always thinks clearly. And I doubt Ryuk's magic supersedes Shazam's. He also has to deal with the Power of Zeus and Courage of Achilles.

Also in some continuities Marvel is a separate entity from Billy. So if the book could effect them (I doubt it. He's literally made out of magic) he'd have to get both their names.
>>
>>93417323
L pretty much knew it was Light right away but could never prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Assuming Batman's on the same level of detective prowess he'd have a hunch almost immediately and unlike L operates outside the law to an extent and would have an easier time of finding out it was Light by just straight up breaking into his house for evidence. Now Light's booby-trapped dresser drawer comes into play here; Bruce could easily burn Light's house down looking for evidence.
>>
>>93418018
It would probably end with Light baffled at how he lost then John tossing Ryuku a fancy British golden apple or something for his help.
>>
File: DN-13-001a-ex4.jpg (446KB, 600x1100px) Image search: [Google]
DN-13-001a-ex4.jpg
446KB, 600x1100px
>>93418026
>Well, we never did learn either of their names, did we?
>>
>>93418048
The death note wouldn't work on Superman any more than it would work on a dog, because he's not human
>>
>>93418001
>I mean, its magic

But has the Death Note even done anything like disintegrate someone down to atoms?

I mean can it cause someone to spontaneously burst into flames?

As far as I know it can mind control and exert enough telekinetic force on a heart to invoke a heart attack. What else can it do?
>>
>>93418018
The only correct answer.
>>
>>93418068

Shit, really? I must confess I've only seen the anime fairly recently and hadn't gotten around to reading the manga since it didn't seem to be one of those series that dramatically alters the plot or cuts it short with a 'fake' ending.
>>
>>93418080
I think it comes down to wording. It won't just make a guy catch fire spontaneously, but it could make a guy accidentally bump his hip into a wall or one of those subway queuing pylons, flicking the lighter in his pocket and causing the guy to catch fire that way, and the man can't seem to put out the damn fire no matter how hard he rolls on the ground.
>>
>>93418071
That's...actually a really good point.

A lot of the JLA aren't actually humans.
>>
>>93418080
Can compell a person to commit suicide
>>
>>93418112
Yeah, but there's low level probability manipulation and then there's out and out reality control. I mean I doubt he could write that someone dies from the Earth suddenly exploding.

It's like a directed version of the Final Destination death. It manipulates circumstances but it can't do anything -too- outside the rules of reality.
>>
File: 1497579476018.png (20KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1497579476018.png
20KB, 384x384px
Would the death note work on Doomsday? Does the book work on nameless things? (like animals)
>>
>>93418048
>Which would instantly restart because its a kryptonian heart powered by solar cells.
Except it wouldn't because if you're being killed by the Death Note, there's no escaping it.
You can give CPR to someone all you want, but you can't bring them back.
>The lasso has been shown to break all sorts of mind control and compulsion in the past from magic to super-science.
Okay, that's fair enough, I don't read WW.
Does/has it ever work on stopping magic from literal Gods, though?
I know WW deals with those sometimes.
>He has back up personalities inside himself that would kick in like that time he regenerated from a hand.
Then they'd have to be entirely different other people, not just aspects of himself, the person who is dead.
>Wisdom of Solomon guarantees he always thinks clearly
Then he'd die of a heart attack, probably as Billy instead of a controlled death.
>He's literally made out of magic
So are the Shinigami and it can reverse-kill them
Either way, Billy is dead for sure
>>
>>93418116
That does suck for Kira since two of the people he'd have to worry about the most, John and Clark, are in that list.

On that note, would Cyborg be considered human for the purposes of the Note?
>>
>>93417971

How long would it actually take for anyone in Gotham to come to the conclusion that it's a notebook carried by some relatively unassuming young Japanese man causing the deaths? They could deduce that the deaths could possibly be magical in nature, but that's like concluding that a murder victim was shot with a gun without going into any further detail beyond that they were shot.

It's pretty much up to Light to fuck things up and leave a trail, but Gotham's definitely going to be uncharacteristically quiet by then.

>>93417985

He'd be dead.

Book says you're dead, you die.
>>
File: we metaphysical now.jpg (239KB, 848x848px) Image search: [Google]
we metaphysical now.jpg
239KB, 848x848px
What is a human anyway? I was under the assumption it was creatures that holds the characteristics of a human being.
I`m pretty sure being a human doesn`t necessarily mean you must be an earthling.
>>
>Misa looks at Bruce Wayne
>His name is Batman
>>
>>93418191
>>93418173

What about Firestorm? Would Kira have to write both names of the fusion down to kill him or just the name of the one controlling the body? Would the other personality assume control of the body if the first personality dies?
>>
>>93418173
Yeah he's still human even if he has some metal shit strapped to him.
>>
>>93418191
Well i don't know much about Deathnote, but doesn't the deathnote fail to work on the Shinigami ? I would imagine it wouldn't work on other gods ATLEAST.
>>
>>93418224
>Misa forgets because she's a retard
>>
File: 1482204117805.png (890KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
1482204117805.png
890KB, 500x742px
Why are we discussing the less interesting Kira?
>>
File: image.jpg (208KB, 729x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
208KB, 729x1024px
>this dude walks in

Now what?
>>
>>93418245
Now THIS would be an interesting matchup
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 720x480px
What would Ryuk do in the DC universe?

Hang out with Deadman?
>>
>>93418167
>if you killed by the death note there's no escaping it

We've never actually seen it used on superhumans though. We haven't even seen it work on animals.

I mean its one thing to give a heart attack to a normal. Its another thing to give a heart attack to a guy that benches planets.

Also, Superman doesn't need his heart to live. Just sunlight.

Yes really.

Yes Really.

>Has it stopped magic from literal gods though?

Yes. From Ares and Darksied.

Also Japanese kami are usually less "god" and more "spirit" though in terms of powers and abilities.

>Then they'd have to be entirely different other people

They actually would be. He's had the original personality die before while the back up lived on.

And there's also the issue with Fernuss being inside him.

>Then he'd have a heart attack

I have a hard time believing a death spell can kill the champion of magic. He's been turned inside out before and reassembled himself because he's made out of magic in the Busiek Earth-2 arc. It's like saying the Death Note would work on Dr. Strange. No fucking way.
>>
>>93418241
I believe it was mentioned once, as a quick joke. Though the book specifies Gods of Death can`t die via stab in the heart or shooting them
but can still die if they extend the live of a human life.
>>
>>93418285
>Deadman

OH SHIT

HOW CAN KIRA STOP SOMEBODY WHO IS ALREADY DEAD
>>
File: DN-fe1.png (3MB, 693x9166px) Image search: [Google]
DN-fe1.png
3MB, 693x9166px
>>93418102
Yeah, Near is named Nate River and Mello was Mihael Keehl.
The manga is better in my opinion, but that's almost always the case.
There also was a fake ending.
>>
File: 1498163535539.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498163535539.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>93418303
is motherfucking Deadman the counter to Kira?
>>
What would happen if Kira wrote "Grant Morrison"?
>>
File: DN-fe2.png (1MB, 690x7837px) Image search: [Google]
DN-fe2.png
1MB, 690x7837px
>>93418310
And part 2 because I had to crop it due to height.
>>
>>93418320
>Kira keeps writing Boston Brand over and over again as Dead Man closes in and nothing keeps happening.

Specter would be even worse. A ghost of a cop AND God's delete button.
>>
>>93416890

Probably, because once the power went to Light's head he got lazy, over confident and insane....but mostly he was a dumbass.
>>
>>93418330
I was expecting a fucking train or something to plow into him at the last panel. Would have been hilarious.
>>
>>93418310
lol people really didn't like kira did they?
>>
>>93418243
It'd be a running gag where Light is trying to find out who Batman is so he can be Death Noted and Misa keeps saying its Batman and he doesnt take it seriously
>Why can't I kill you?!
>I'm BATMAN
It writes itself
>>
>>93418339
>that greentext

I can imagine the BGM to that scene right now
>>
>>93418310

I forgot about Nate River and Mihael Keehl in my haste to explain things....River in particular was overshadowed because of everything else that happened in that episode (and also finally seeing where that old .gif of the man with red eyes laughing came from)

I think that fake ending is a bit more poetic. Should have shown the 'experiences all deaths' part in the anime after Light dies, that would have been the perfect ending, I think.
>>
>>93418320
Deadman, or any character with more than one "real" name.
Like say, even if Light finds out Superman's birth name was Kal-El, if he puts it in, Clark Kent will continue to survive.

Deadman's a damn good counter though. Not nearly as good of a one as The Spectre.
>>
>Kira tries killing Plastic Man
>Entire issue is Plastic Man surviving horrific and increasingly outrageous accidents until he finds Kira.

You could also do the same thing with Lobo.
>>
>>93418320
You know damn well the Flash could outrun a heart attack from the notebook.
>>
What about the black lanterns would the death note work on them even though their already dead and its the ring reanimating them
>>
>>93418288
>Also, Superman doesn't need his heart to live. Just sunlight
Then write down that he kills himself.
If the Death Note works on him, then it'd be able to get him to kill himself without fail.
>Yes. From Ares and Darksied.
Then she may have a chance.
Although, if this were written, I feel as though she'd be one of the supers being killed in a montage to show that Kira means business.
>They actually would be. He's had the original personality die before while the back up lived on.
Then it's possible that his body and other person would go on, but J'onn himself would be dead.
>I have a hard time believing a death spell
It's not as much a magic spell as it is fate manipulation.
Like, you can make them do anything, besides making someone else die, before their death, but not make them live longer than their natural end as predetermined by fate.
>kill the champion of magic
Yeah, I don't think it'd work on Captain Marvel either.
Batson is dead as fuck, though.
>>
>>93418398
>Flash is running from the Black Flash AND Ryuk

I want to see this.
>>
>>93418398
>whole issue is Flash trying to get to Kira (who is on the other side of the world in Japan) and burn his notebook before a heart attack kills him
>>
Light gets visited by Death of the endless and Ryuk gets scared cause she's the concept of death itself
>>
>>93418400
Just write that they take off their rings to kill themselves
>>
>>93418348

That was the point, I think. Any person with a reasonable degree of sense could learn how to not create the circumstances that would leave behind a trail to a murder weapon that never leaves a trail to the act itself.

Nope, had to consider himself God and be a lazy stupid twat about everything.
>>
>>93417609
>>93417670
Constantine ends up in Japan and cracks the case before Light even knows he's there.
>>
>>93418377
Specter is just overkill though. But it would be funny to see him go literal Wrath of God on Kira.

>>93418411
>Killing Billy

That's a good way to get a lightning bolt straight from the Rock of Eternity.
>>
>>93418411

Guys, regarding Superman, it's not that much of a stretch that, if suicide was written down, Supes flies over to a galaxy with a red sun and just flies right into the sucker.
>>
>>93418412
>Speedforce makes a human personification of the Hearth Attack chassing Flash trought the space time continuum
>>
>>93418463
Yeah that does sound like it would work.
>>
This is a surprisingly decent thread.

>>93418387
I'd probably read this.
>>
>>93418435
Makes sense
>>
>>93418453
>That's a good way to get a lightning bolt straight from the Rock of Eternity.
In all likelihood, they'd most likely magically know that Billy's name has been written down, so Billy would be forced to stay as Captain Marvel to stave off the death.
SHAZAM and he's a dead child.
>>
>>93418466
>He's being chased by an out of shape fat guy through all of space and time.
>>
>>93418310
>>93418330

Damn.
I can't believe I have never seen this before.
It's pretty good.

Also I haven't read Death Note in five thousand years, but it looks like it's okay for shinigami's to kill people but not for humans...?
>>
>>93418245
>also kills with a Sheer Heart Attack
>>
>>93418364
No, a lot of people really did.
There's people to this stay still mad that Light dies at the end.
That fake ending is official, by the way.

>>93418371
Well, we did get totally-not-Light-as-a-shinigami in Ryuk's animated retelling of what happened during Death Note, so close enough.

>>93418494
>but it looks like it's okay for shinigami's to kill people but not for humans...?
Of course it is, that's how the shinigami continue to live.
They don't need to eat or sleep, just get extra lifespan from killing humies.
>>
>>93418466
>>93418468
>>93418480
>Flash gets chased by this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHlvKQwZFSI
>>
>>93418494
Shinigami don't kill for selfish reasons. They do it because it's in their nature.

The rare shinigami that loves a human and kills to extend their life are automatically killed by it too
>>
>>93418439
>Nope, had to consider himself God and be a lazy stupid twat about everything
If he'd avoided mentioning Shinigami in the cryptic notes he indirectly gave to L, he most likely never would had the Death Note been proven to be an actual thing.
>>
>>93416890
It's honestly not hard to figure out Batman's identity, the only reason no one does is because "muh plot"
>>
File: 1434496870932.png (60KB, 221x205px) Image search: [Google]
1434496870932.png
60KB, 221x205px
>>93418480
>being chased by the universe's fastest Rascal scooter
>>
File: 1610037-black_racer_06.jpg (177KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
1610037-black_racer_06.jpg
177KB, 530x800px
>>93418561

>it's just an obese Black Racer on a Rascal
>mouth stuffed with cheeseburgers, his gangrenous digits manipulating the handlebars even as he lies unconscious on the scooter
>coma in life, food coma in death
>>
>>93418241

Honestly, I think it's ambiguous because they didn't plan on going into it. For example, what happens if you do write a shinigami's name in the death note? Sure, they will fail to die because only humans can be killed, but will they still follow the instructions you write down?
>>
>>93416890

It would be a stalemate.

Kira doesn't have any motivation to hunt down Bats, and Bats has no way to find Kira. The only reason L managed to get even remotely close to Kira is because he was willing to allow him to publicly execute someone. Bats would never do that. Bats also lacks the mentality to see someone like Light as a possible candidate. L only recognized Kira because the two of them have similar character flaws. Not to mention Kira's power is supernatural, leaves no traces, and exists in a vacuum.

A lot of what allowed L to win wasn't how smart he was, but who he was. Batman doesn't possess that luck.
>>
>>93418549

To be fair, it was easier to justify secret identities in the past. It's much harder to do nowadays since nearly everyone and their pet has some sort of surveillance device on-hand that can do audio and video identification and recording.

As for Batman, common physical descriptions from witnesses, physical evidence of his activity left behind on the scene, and the fact that he operates primarily in Gotham narrows down the list of possible suspects pretty sharply. As for Light, he's just some dude in a city of millions for all intents and purposes and starts off with a much greater advantage from the get-go.There's going to be a huge pile of dead before either Light outs himself by being himself, or if anyone with an inkling of magic could start scrying for clues.
>>
File: Taz Approves.png (1MB, 969x893px) Image search: [Google]
Taz Approves.png
1MB, 969x893px
>>93418614
>>
>>93418676
The paparazzi is also much more rabid than they used to be. They fucking stalk celebrities' homes now, there's no way a guy like Bruce could get away with being Batman for long with how this shit happens now. Some kid working for E news would find him out by accident just because the kid's being paid to hide in the bushes outside his manor with a camera 24/7 to see which heiress he's plowing that night.
>>
>>93418632
>but will they still follow the instructions you write down?
No, because their death isn't coming.
In a person, they'd default to a heart attack death if their instructions couldn't be followed, but a Shinigami would just do whatever they were already going to do.
I think the Shinigami King can kill other Shinigami, though.
>>
File: AnimeBruceWayne.jpg (33KB, 763x437px) Image search: [Google]
AnimeBruceWayne.jpg
33KB, 763x437px
>>93416890
It's weird how similar they look.
https://youtu.be/DWRvIrQR7Tg
>>
>>93418789
WAIT THERE IS A BATMAN ANIME
>>
>>93418719
>at a corporate function for whatever
>distress call to starts pinging
>attempt to make a hasty exit
>every god damned exit covered by some prying assholes trying to get a good picture or story
>finally reach car
>they still follow
>manage to outpace them on the road
>more are already at the fucking manor (the ones you can actually see)
>can't launch the Batplane because god damn, planes are fucking loud and it's hard to miss something like that flying out of the estate
>can't use the Batboat because it's way too slow, and the destination probably can't be reached by sea anyways
>can't use the Batmobile because, well, not only is it not inconspicuous, but fucking traffic, and the destination probably can't be reached by land anyways

That's not even counting the conspiracy theorists doing shit on their own time.
>>
>>93416890
If L could get that close to figuring it out, Bats would definitely find out. Especially since he's been exposed to weird shit that's accustomed him to normally implausible phenomena.
>>
>>93418809
Yes, it's called Gotham Knight and it's technically in the Nolanverse.
It's like 6 short stories, each with different anime artstyles done by Japanese probably Korean companies.
>>
>>93418809
You mean a Batmanime?
>>
>>93418789

Anime Bruce Wayne honestly looks like a secret, seemingly quiet psychopath in that picture. The character that's calm, nice, charming, but then reveals himself to be a loving murderer half way through the anime.
>>
>>93418825
oh god i'm going to binge this shit
>>
>>93416890

Wasn't Tim able to find out who Batman was easily?
>>
>>93416890
Better question; if Light wrote down "Batman", would Bruce Wayne die?
>>
>>93418840
The whole thing is only an hour and fifteen minutes, so there's not really any binging to be done.
>>
>>93416890
Yes
>>
>>93418834
Yeah, really has a Monster feel to it
>>
What name would work on Superman?
>>
>>93418925
Kal-El.
>>
File: brightslap.png (33KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
brightslap.png
33KB, 240x180px
>>93418519
I'm not mad Light lost in the end.
I'm mad that Light lost to a super-genius kid copy of L who got up to speed in a fraction of the time it took L to get where he was and then exposed Kira.
Death Note either should've ended with Light winning or with L somehow contriving a plan to expose Light even if he dies before it happens.
Instead we got O MY KID DETECTIVE
>>
>>93418840
you can also watch it all on YouTube. WB uploaded it all on their channel. I put one of them in my previous post. >>93418789
>>
>>93418940
I'm more mad that Light ONLY lost because that idiot Mikami fucked up and near got to use that to win.
If Mikami didn't go to the bank on that one day, then the Death Note wouldn't have been swapped with the fake and everyone bar Light and Mikami would have died.
>>
>>93418940
Honestly, when L died I assumed he faked his death, and that Rem simply didn't get to write his name in time

They should've done that
>>
>>93418940

That's literally what L did, put Near and Mello on the trail by rigging a video to play in the event of his death. And even then Near only won because a) Mello died (purposefully or not) to allow the slip-up they needed to expose Light and b) he cheated in some way (most likely by writing Mikami's name in the death note).
>>
>>93418940

Agreed, I thought the series sort of lost momentum after L's death and never quite gained it back until the final scenes, in my opinion. Near never quite had the gravitas that L did.
>>
>>93418940
On top of that Near cheated.
>>
>>93417624
I would lul
>>
>>93417865
Wouldn't do shit to doc.
>>
>>93419074
Why not?
We have no reason to assume he's immune to magic.
>>
>>93419106
Because he's not a human being any more
>>
>>93419117
But he is, he's just enhanced.
>>
File: 1312250782166.png (56KB, 366x223px) Image search: [Google]
1312250782166.png
56KB, 366x223px
Batman doesn't even do detective work, he just batgoogles shit
>>
>>93419123
He's about as human as galactus.
>>
>>93418971
It was still BS that, after being in the same room as, working alongside, and closely watching Light for as long as L did, Near, who wasn't even in Japan until he had already figured things out, figured out Light was Kira in less than half the time, while also being a kid and not even anywhere near as experienced in criminal investigation.
L was a world-renown investigator but got out-played by an autistic-savant.
>>
>>93419131
Manhattan is a regular human who was enhanced after piecing himself back together after being atomized who can blow shit up and sees time simultaneously turning him into a nihilist.
Galactus is a specifically non-human being that is the last survivor of the previous universe, evolved after sleeping for thousands of years aided by his highly advanced starship, who eats planets, appears differently to every race that see him, grants powers to all sorts of beings and merged with an alternate universe version of himself.
They're hardly comparable, casual.
>>
>>93419123
No he's not. He's beyond humanity. He doesn't age and can reconstruct himself, which means he's beyond natural death. Shinigami don't have lifespans, and neither does Doc.
>>
>>93419123
Not that guy but, Manhattan survived being on the surface of Mars (no oxygen for his heart to pump) and even survived having his intrinsic field removed and his whole body (including heart) break apart at an atomic level. I pretty sure even if he has a heart anymore it's not needed.

I also remember a q&a with the author of deathnote and someone asked what would happen if someone had their name written while in the middle of a heart transplant or had a new one replaced right after the heart attack and he said the person's new heart(s) would keep instantly failing until he died rather than the deathnote magically killing him or finding a new way.
>>
>>93419174
>Shinigami don't have lifespans
Yes, they do.
Only difference is that they top them up with human's lifespans.
>>
>>93419190
Right, my bad. I meant to say their lifespans can't be seen with the Shinigami eyes, though even as I type this I bet I'm forgetting a subclause of a rule.

Either way, the main method of death the DN uses is heart attack. Since that wouldn't kill Doc, it's hard to come up with a way to kill him. The reason the Note can make anyone kill themselves is the idea that that's not beyond any human capacity. The Note doesn't bend physics in any way beyond small instances, it doesn't make something that's physically impossible happen because it can't force someone to do something that's impossible. Writing the Doc's name would be the same. Doc can't be killed even if you write his name.
>>
>>93419215
I'd say it's still possible for him to commit suicide.
If anyone could figure it out, it's Manhattan.
>>
>>93419222
>If anyone could figure it out, it's Manhattan.
I would disagree, if only because we can keep bringing it back to semantics over the very first rule:
>The human whose name is written in this Note shall die.

Jon's not human anymore. He's "known" death before. If anyone could be immune, it's him. His personality and knowledge make him into what he is, and while he may always be human mentally, he is anything but physically.
>>
>>93419249
That's a good point.
Already having died would presumably make him immune and that after coming back, he's purely Manhattan.
There's a lot of character stronger than him who'd get killed via a Death Note, but Manhattan's unique circumstances do seem to make him immune.
>>
>>93419153

Because that autistic savant was even more immoral than L was, and thus was able to do whatever it took to win.

Also, L pretty much immediately knew Light was Kira. According to How to Read, whenever L gives the probability that Light is Kira, he is always lying - and that the actual number was always between 90 and 100%. L's only issue was finding a way to legally catch Light in the act, something which Near was also unable to do, since as has been said he cheated.
>>
>>93419270
Pretty much, the only ways to be immune from a deathnote according to the rules are, be under 6 years old, older than 124, have 12 minutes or less of life span left, have your name written in two separate notes nearly simultaneously, have your name misspelled 4 times in a row (only saves you from that note) and to be already dead and if your name has already been written you can't be killed earlier or controlled.
>>
>>93419338
>have your name misspelled 4 times in a row
Unintentionally misspelled, at that.
>>
>>93418925
Soup Hermann
>>
>>93417971
\co/ had this matchup. Cue the screencap of it.
>>
>>93418230
He got Anatomy Lesson'd in his Rebirth issue though.
>>
>>93419338
Why did Light never write his own name in his book, and just say like "in eighty years Light Yagami dies peacefully in his sleep"?
That makes him essentially immune to being killed before then, doesn't it? Or at least from Death Notes
>>
>>93419451
The Note can only control you within 23 days.
>>
>>93419457
Oh right, I'd forgotten that
>>
>>93418048
>>93417945
>>93418048
>>93418167
>>93418411
In the event that Light gets all the real names of these characters, can't he just write down that they commit suicide? To my memory unless you write down the exact way they kill themselves, the victim zombies go about killing themselves in whatever feasible way they can.
>>
>>93419538
Yes, that's the easiest and best way.
>>
>>93419548
So assuming Light knows he's dealing with these types of beings, It's safe to say he's intelligent enough to not take chances and choose the best option.
>>
>>93419601
Of course.
Although, if he needed to show off that it was Kira himself killing them, he'd have them announce live on television that it was Kira killing them or something and then do so.
Light has an ego, after all.
>>
Guys, there's no wY the death note works on superman. Superman is protected from things that would strait up delete him no matter the source. The death note is just another one of those things. Add in the multiple names thing, the human thing, and the actual difficulty of mind controlling and killing superman , and there's no doubt that the death note would be useless on the big guy
>>
>>93421606
>Superman is protected from things that would strait up delete him no matter the source
it doesn't straight up delete him it just causes his death
and Superman can die
>>
>>93417192
Wait
Declaring war isn't murdering anyone
Plus kids could just make the president issue an order to arrest Batman instead of killing him, it's not like light needs Batman dead if he can throw him in prison
>>
>>93417428
>>93417398

You know, it's because there's a need to have a story.

There is literally no way to catch someone with a Death Note unless he deliberately leaves a trail. Let's say that I, a random guy, get a Death Note.

I take the note and write in "Jeremy Corbyn, Angela Merkel, Macaron, Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian, Barack Obama, etc." In one night, all these people drop dead.

What's the connection? Even if they all died of heart attacks at the exact same moment, how is any mortal authority going to connect that to one asshole in America?
>>
>>93421656
I doubt you're too much of a sucker/egotist that you'd kill a guy over a live show only broadcast in your city just because he said he was going to find you.
>>
Bruce isn't as stupid as L. He would suspect light and just interrogate him.
>>
>>93418348
>he got lazy, over confident and insane
People meme this, but this is never shown. Light created an elaborate plan that was sure to kill everyone in the warehouse if it wasn't for plot inconvenience. Light was arrogant but autistically methodical about his aims from beginning to end.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (110KB, 600x924px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
110KB, 600x924px
>>93418263
then the Spectre would also come into play. But it depends on what phase of kira's life we are talking about, teeneager criminal murder or adult super villian. If is the former it would be a debate if what Kira is doing could be called justice since most criminals he kill are imprisioned, if is the later the Spectre would just kill him in the most horrifing and ironic way posible.
>>
>>93418940
Well if you read Bakuman, the last arc clearly shows that the author intended to end Death Note when L died but was forced to continue by the magazine.
>>
>>93421747

The Spectre is the most useless motherfucker of all time. Let me tell you what he'll say:

> "I can't tell you who Kira is, and I can't kill him. He is protected."
> "The fuck?"
> "His soul is claimed by other gods. I cannot lay a hand on him."

He ALWAYS fucking says that. The Spectre refuses to kill the Joker, the world's most prolific mass-murder. He ain't going to get Kira.
>>
>>93421723
Light openly declared internally that L could have figured a way to turn the trap around, but that he didn't bother to come up with any back-up plans in case Near figured a way out because he was that confident Near wasn't as smart as L
Light knew his plan wasn't foolproof but opted to risk it out of ego rather than be extra sure of his success
>>
>>93421800
>openly declared internally
lel
>he was that confident Near wasn't as smart as L
And he was right, he wasn't. Near even admitted it. It was literally plot inconvenience that turned the tables and the way it happened is the most contrived shit ever. No one could have prepared for the sequence of events that handed Near a victory on a silver platter simply because "bad guy can't win".
>>
It really depends, Light didn't even think the Death note was real at first so did shit that he wouldn't have done once he really understood its inner workings. So he got kinda trapped and did stupid shit to cover his trail that only ended up digging himself deeper.

If Batman immediately decides to investigate as soon as light kills he may catch him.If it's an experienced Light and Batman decides to stop after like a few months he has no fucking chance of catching him.

Even a moron who's watched the anime would be more elusive then Light started off being.
>>
>remember names from the news
>once a day take with me a piece of paper from the Death Note
>write names on it, wipe my ass and flush it down the toilet

literally how are they supposed to catch me
>>
>>93421646
>Declaring war isn't murdering anyone
American morality.
>>
to be honest it's pretty obvious who Batman is

>someone who most likely lives in Gotham City since he's almost only ever active there
narrows it down to however many physically fit adult white men there are in Gotham
>someone who also clearly has access to huge funds due to flying about in a personalized jet fighter
narrows it down to like 3 or 4 of the richest adult white men in Gotham
>someone who also is probably a bit fucked in the head and despises criminals for some reason
Bruce Wayne from what happened to his parents in front of him as a kid
>>
>>93421894
When murdering in this case means being literally the direct cause of it, yes it means two completely different things.
>>
>>93421925
>narrows it down to like 3 or 4 of the richest adult white men in Gotham
Bullshit. A long time ago this would have been true, but now Batman is so rich, it's absurd. How many people in Gotham can afford to build the Watchtower out of their own pocket?
>>
>>93417804
The Death Note can't kill Superman because he's not a human. It's stated you can only use them on Human beings.
>>
>>93416890
Why would ANYONE presume that the guy driving around in an assault car was the Billionaire himself and not just someone funded by a billionaire (or a group of them)?

Wealthy industrialists generally aren't known for getting into fistfights down at the docks or crime alley at 3 in the morning.
>>
>>93421988
Add to this the fact that there are a squad of lesser Bat-warriors, and it points to a well-funded group of mercenaries, not a wealthy industrialist/philanthropist/socialite.
>>
>>93416890
Yes. Light's not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, and Batman plays by different rules than L.
>>
>>93417804
Finally, /a/ and /co/ get to the real heart of this discussion

>>93418048
>>93418167
>The lasso has been shown to break all sorts of mind control and compulsion
You guys seem to be implying that Death Notes are a form of mind control tool and not a conduit for a death god's supernatural power?
Are you all suggesting that Death Notes only kill people via the power of suggestion alone and that there's no other inherent shinigami death magic power at that shinigami's disposal that causes actual physical harm to the named targets physical body?
>>
>>93422056
>A little psychopomp's spellbook is going to harm someone that's gotten in fist fights with Hades.

Good one.
>>
File: lightdies.jpg (40KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
lightdies.jpg
40KB, 600x338px
>>93416890
Man this brings back memories.

I can't fathom how this guy ended the concept of war itself and reduced crimes in general by 70%, yet he was STILL offed with this fully in mind.

Like who is the hero in the story?
>>
>>93421988

Can I say, that's the one thing about Batman I never got? His main power is money. Tony Stark is basically the same, but Tony's smart: He wears a walking tank. He literally armors himself in his cash.

Meanwhile, Bruce just wears spandex and kevlar, and everyone gets to take a crack at him. You think melanin-enriched youth aren't craving the chance to give the white race a fucking taste? That the spics won't relish the opportunities to give that cholo a shiv in the ribs?

Not the best idea, if you know what I mean. Especially since he doesn't have any super powers that could stop a crowbar to the back of the head.
>>
>>93416890
You can't kill batman by writing bruce wayne in the note. You can only kill batman by writing batman.
>>
>>93416890
To be honest if Batman figured out someone was anonymously killing people from around the Globe with just their face and name he would pretty much call in the League seeing as it'd be one of the most OP powers ever.

He'd do something like build a super cerebro and get all the telepaths that Batman knows to mind scan every person on Earth, using an algorithm from the Bat computer to start with the most likely candidates and just pray they didn't have a way to counter it.
>>
>>93422131
You're underestimating how bullshit his toys are. Snyder Batman's cape was able to engulf him in a protective bubble the mircosecond he took an bomb to the face.

Also implying some hood is ever going to sneak up on Batman without Batman doing the punch him without turning around thing.
>>
>>93422131
The crime in Gotham is like 99% White.
Black people in DC are mainly stoic upright fellows who stand just behind and to the left of Superman or Robin in team photos.

You get the occasional supervillain like Manta, but you don't have black street hoods, that's raciss.
>>
File: 1406598559585[1].jpg (5KB, 479x466px) Image search: [Google]
1406598559585[1].jpg
5KB, 479x466px
>>93422092
look, fist fights with gods are all well and good, but you're not taking into consideration the core issue of this discussion...
>>
>>93422146
He wouldn't even have to go that far. One mind scan from MM showing that its not telepathy means its probably magic. And Zatanna is just a phone call away. DNIF EHT RELLIK and done.
>>
>>93421939
So if I pay hitmen to bomb your house and your whole family dies I didn't murder anyone?
>>
>>93422159

Yeah, but see the Winter Soldier (for example). Tony's a guy in his 50s who doesn't work out regularly, and two young Aryan demigods are fisting him as hard as they can.

He still beats the shit out of them, and would have won if he was trying to kill them.
>>
>>93422187
He has a sci fi closet (literally called the sci fi closet) and a mess of power armor for when he needs it.

He even has the Hellbat armor now which is OP as any top Iron Man armor.

He doesn't take the suits out because 90 percent of the time he's just dealing with hoodlums his magic martial arts and infinite utility belt are more than capable of handling.

>>93422174
She's either a golem infused with the power of several gods or Zeus' daughter. If the book couldn't even touch other shinigamis it sure as hell isn't touching her. Especially not with a heart attack.
>>
I was just thinking of something: I believe that a Shinigami writing in the book can circumvent a few of the rules, like a Shinigami could write another Shinigami's name if they really wanted to but there's no real benefit for them so they don't do it.

What's stopping Ryuk himself from writing Superman in? We know from All-Star Superman and DC One Million that Superman's 'natural life span' is in at least five digits, and Shinigami receive the difference for their own lifespan when they kill a human.

Hell, with a natural lifespan like that it would even attract the attention of other shinigami, so how fucked is Superman in such a scenario?
>>
>>93422220
>a golem infused with the power of several gods
so exactly like Shazam and Black Adam then?
Is this some elaborate Megaman fanfic?
>>
>>93417771
Clark is also not a human, so a Death Note probably wouldn't even work on him.
>>
>>93422433
>>93422220
>...or Zeus' daughter.
last I checked, most of Zeus' kids were still mortal, Diana wouldn't be an exception in this case.
>>
>>93422456
The Death Note can affect demigods is what you're saying? Not only that but an explicitly immortal ageless Amazon demigoddess?

Come on.

>>93422433
Her original Origin was sort of sleeping beauty esque. She was formed from clay and several goddesses and gods came by to infuse her with their powers.
>>
>>93417998
Aw snap. L might be king dick in his universe, but in a universe where Gods, monsters, aliens, and fucking robots are all trying to find a way to crap in your cornflakes he's shit.
>>
>>93422484
>The Death Note can affect demigods is what you're saying?
Technically still human.
Technically still needs a heart to live.

What if yes?
>>
File: her weakness.jpg (45KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
her weakness.jpg
45KB, 500x629px
>>93422484
>an explicitly immortal ageless Amazon
I might be mistaken, but the Amazons are only ageless (after reaching maturity) so long as they remain on Themyscira, under the protection of whatever God/Goddess the writer decides is doing the job at the time.

WW has been shown under multiple writers and alternate Earths to become winded after enough exertion, so her heart rate must be rising. Even if its operational threshold is higher than the normal human's, she still has one.

One step off Themyscira, boom. Heart go pop.
>Also, if we're going Silver?
>"Diana Prince, suicide. Ties herself down, dies of heart attack"
>>
>>93416890
Could the Death Note kill Swamp Thing?
>>
>>93422823
>Kill the avatar of the green

So now a notebook powered by a single psychopomp that has only killed humans and doesn't work on animals or supernatural beings is going to kill all plant life on Earth and the metaphysical embodiment of all plant life in the cosmos?

The answer is no.
>>
>>93422484
hercules got taken out by a poison shirt
>>
>>93422620
>Aw snap. L might be king dick in his universe, but in a universe where Gods, monsters, aliens, and fucking robots are all trying to find a way to crap in your cornflakes he's shit.

What kind of dumbass reasoning is that? He could potentially kill the other 99% of the planet scot free if he isn't being a complete moron. Just because he can't touch like .5% of the population doesn't mean he can't fuck with everyone else in a really bad way.
>>
>>93422952
>"Louis Lane, suicide. Goes to work at Daily Planet, gathers her nearest and dearest friends and coworkers. Shoves pen through jugular after explaining she can no longer shill after Superman's exploits, that it is draining her of her integrity."

Superman fucks off out of grief.
>>
>>93422939
Death only took him because he was in agony and wanted to die. Don't forget he kicked Thanatos' ass twice.
>>
>>93422980
>Injustice Superman finds him with Jokers him.
>>
>>93422980
>>93423005
>as if Batman wouldn't beat him to it...
welp, now we know how this thread started.
>>
>>93417428
And this is why Light would fit well into the DC universe.
Even a brain dead retard can find out who Batman and Superman is.
>>
File: Hercules vs Thanatos.jpg (58KB, 581x650px) Image search: [Google]
Hercules vs Thanatos.jpg
58KB, 581x650px
>>93422994
>>93422939
>Invite Hercules to a party
>Your daughter suddenly dies
>Death shows up to claim her
>Hercules shows him the door

Has there ever been a better party guest than Hercules?
>>
>>93422823
The Death Note has a rule about only working on humans. Although that's kind of blurry when you put it in a universe full of humans turned into monsters and humanoid aliened.
>>
>>93416970
Nah just call Gordon and threaten to kill Barbara if doesn't catch Batman in say a month.
>>
>>93416890
Light kinda fucks things up, the more he tries to cover for himself, the more he gets into a more fucked up situation. It would be real easy for Brucie boy to find him.
>>
>>93422377
The King would have written down Superman's name in no time for his life span. There is a Shinigami king, but he, like many of the other don't do shit all day but laze around.
>>
>>93422377
The Shinigami don't really give much of a fuck about anything. They only have to pop out of hiding once every hundred years or so, write down like four names, then go back to sitting around doing nothing. They probably just write down the first few humans they see, so they don't target anyone in particular.
>>
>>93423498
This. They mostly are neets. Unlike the rest of us, Ryuk is the only one who stepped outside away from 4chan.
>>
File: Superman vs Death 1.jpg (392KB, 970x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Death 1.jpg
392KB, 970x1520px
>Superman
>Getting killed by the death note

This is why that's bullshit.
>>
>>93421675
With his fists, right?
>>
File: Superman vs Death 2.jpg (439KB, 964x1515px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Death 2.jpg
439KB, 964x1515px
>>93423567
>>
File: Superman vs Death 3.jpg (522KB, 971x1521px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Death 3.jpg
522KB, 971x1521px
>>93423579
Replace this guy with the shinigami king or your favorite shonen protagonist.
>>
File: Superman vs Death 4.jpg (550KB, 979x1531px) Image search: [Google]
Superman vs Death 4.jpg
550KB, 979x1531px
>>93423587
So no. The death note cannot kill Superman.
>>
>>93422179
Technically, no.
The hitmen did.
>>
>>93418471
Isn't there a time limit on how far the book takes effect? Maybe if he stays Shazam'd long enough it'll expire
>>
>>93423887
You can have things set 23 days in advance, but if whatever was written wouldn't work, then you'd simply die of a heart attack.
Even if he were to stay SHAZAM'd, Billy would still be dead underneath no matter what.
>>
>>93422108
>Like who is the hero in the story?
The mangaka stated that he didn't want it looked at like that, just something for people to enjoy but the answer is Light if you're not an emotion-driven moralfag. His ends really do justify the means.
>>
>>93416890
I want to watch this but knowing the main character dies at the end is stopping me
>>
>>93423920
Fair enough. Second question though: if he turns into the captain right after his name is written down and stays that way for a while when he turns back will the still have the time before the heart attack takes place or will the timer have run down during that period?
>>
>>93416890
Realistically speaking, Light should win this easy. Batman's secret identity is pretty easy to piece together if you look at the evidence, while there's no realistic way to even narrow down where Light is without pulling an L, and he isn't exactly leaving a huge trail.
If this was the Death Note universe, Batman backs Light into a corner, but ends up having to sacrifice himself to finally catch Light, in a gambit where he dies and Nightwing catches Light in the act. Light is then killed by Ryuk.
If this was the DC universe, Batman catches Light with ease, and throws him into Gotham, where he quickly escapes, begins to lead a gang of like minded individuals, and becomes a recurring Batman antagonist.
>>
>>93424121
The timer most definitely would have run down.
He'd be totally fine forever until he switched or was forced to switch back.
>>
>>93424019
Do it, faggot.
>>
File: 1437221638004.png (242KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1437221638004.png
242KB, 480x358px
>>93416890
Why not just write every name of a gothamite?
The world would be better without this crime infested hole.
>>
>>93416890
Anyone with half a brain could figure out that Batman is Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>93423965
Except Light was already beginning to go overboard. Remember when he starts talking about killing lazy people?
>>
>>93424434
>implying the world wouldn't be better without all of us here
>>
Forgetting Power Wank this is how Light vs the Seven will go
Batman: Depends on writer it's just who could out detective the other. I'd go with the one who isn't famous desu.
Superman: He is an alien. The note only works on humans. It would kill Superboy tho
Wonder Woman: She's a golem so no
MM: He is an alien no
GL: He kills the sector gls but the corps descends on Earth and hunts down the source of Black
Flash: He may die depends on which one. wally's feats means hes basically immortall but all others are fair game
Aqaman: Is a KIng and part himan
>>
>>93424357
There are 10 million people in Gotham. It takes about 3 seconds to write a name. Light would have to write for 30 million seconds, or about 347 days, without taking a single break.
>>
>>93423965
>Muh ends
>I'm just going to ignore that Light was a megalomaniac who wanted to kill anyone that he deemed unneeded for his society, where he was going to be the god.
Hell, even the series shits all over his efforts, as crime rates go right back up after he dies, showing he had no real impact on reducing crime rates in the long term.
It doesn't matter if you think killing criminals like that is justified, Light was a maniac who was ill suited for such power, and this was shown clearly throughout the story.
>>
>>93424445
Lazy by Light's definition. He's an upper workaholic psycopath, his definition of lazy might be something crazy.
>>
>>93424492
>>I'm just going to ignore that Light was a megalomaniac who wanted to kill anyone that he deemed unneeded for his society, where he was going to be the god.
Well, why wouldn't I?
He's the one with the power, I couldn't do anything about it.
>>
>>93424492

Which wouldn't have been a problem if Light stayed around. The dude literally ended war.
>>
>>93424483
Superman is close enough to being a human that I think the Death Note could possibly work on him anyway. Light might be able to kill him.
Same goes for Wonder Woman. Nu52 Wondey is dead for sure. Humorously, that's the only version that wouldn't be safe, as Death Notes actually have a somewhat obscure rule that would protect the other versions of the character. Being "You cannot kill humans at the age of 124 or over with the Death Note."
>>
>>93424483
>Batman
It really depends. Batman is smart enough to pinpoint Light's place and even have measures to take him down, but needs to mascarade himself very well to doesn't let the psycho guess his name.

>Superman: At he's best, he can fully scan the whole planet to find Light's specific heartbeat or some shit. Have one of the best chances of beat him before he even reaches the note

>Wonder Woman: She's a goddess, depending of the writer. Even more, she's probably pal with Hades, I mean, the boss of all the shinigamis! Hierarchy fucks Light.

>MM: Dunno

>GL: Except for Kyle, that's writer's pet/is in Jesus Lantern Corp, and Hal, who's a cheater by nature, every other lantern is dead. But they have numerical advantage. But, the thought of Light becoming a Black Lantern...

>Flash: Flash just outspeeds the notebook effect, essentially getting back to the past and beating Light way before he thinks about write his name.

>Aquaman: Japan. The island which historically suffers with high tides and tsunamis. Eh, do the math.
>>
>>93424492
He kinda fucked things up for the worst, nearly everyone living in fear and cults surfacing supporting him. L didn't stop him quick enough.
>>
>>93417214
Aliases or nicknames don't work in the death note. Saying anything happens to batman would result in a can not comply order and just give the initial person a heart attack.

Uncovering batmans identity is the priority, but i think it's much more lights method to contact and work with jim gordan. Potentially he might make a link between montoya and batwoman/cass kane and i think that's how he would get to bruce wayne. The bigger issue, as always was in death note, was how to exonorate himself and kill batman.

Surely batman would also have an idea as to who kira may be and would inform ppl close to him that if he died at what time then most likely x is kira.
>>
>>93417998
>>93421979
>>93422443

How literally is this intended though? Taken in context, human here would mean mortal.
>>
>>93424522
You're forgetting, anon, not only is Light not immortal, but as soon as he stops entertaining Ryuk, the guy's probably going to pull the plug on his life and take his Death Note back. And as soon as he dies, everything will go back to normal, if not worse. It's like trying to stop a hose by tying it in a knot, all that's really going on is that you're building up pressure, waiting for something to burst.
Even if he left a successor, it's doubtful that anyone could take his place so easily. Everyone else we see try to take up his mantle ends up doing an even worse job than he does.
>>
>>93424797
Animals are mortal, and you can't write their names in the death note
>>
>>93416890
It would be easy

All light has to write down is batman

Since batman is himself and only disguised as bruce wayne
>>
>>93424836
Point is though what's the shinigami definition of the word, since they're the ones that established the rules?
>>
>Light kills Batman
>Joker became angry because Kira killed his husbando
>Joker wants to kill kira

what now?
>>
>>93425069
Since Joker doesn't have a real name, could you just write Joker into the Death Note?
>>
>>93425124
I don't think so, you need an actual name if I remember correctly. the name in the anagraph. That's why the whole Bruce wayne is Batman doesn't work in a death note scenario.
>>
I can't say I know much about the anime but I don't think anyone who dies are left with any real evidence of who did it. Maybe if someone close to a lot of the victims wrote their names down I can see them maybe being caught but a random killing other general randoms who just die of freak heart attacks or whatever I can't see anyone, even Batman being able to make the connection.

Unless the Shinigami leave fingerprints or DNA or something behind how would you catch a death note writer? Specially when you can kill anyone in the world with it.
>>
File: 1481489436541.jpg (74KB, 622x559px) Image search: [Google]
1481489436541.jpg
74KB, 622x559px
I Unironically liked the anime ending, fight me.
>>
>>93424484
Have him dupe superman to do it
>>
File: screenshot_2014-09-21-12-08-30.jpg (316KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_2014-09-21-12-08-30.jpg
316KB, 1920x1080px
>>93416890
Shouldn't this be in /a/?
>>
>>93425369

Exactly, it's untraceable for all intents and purposes, Light is just a lazy cunt. Anyone with an ounce of creativity can create a contrived scenario where someone dies and it can be construed as a freak accident. It'd be a complete asspull even by Batman standards if some folks died in relatively mundane accidents and Batman somehow came to the conclusion that some Asian kid has a magic notebook that kills people.

Even if Light is somehow caught, I'm pretty much certain that nearly every notable Gotham figure, whether they're a criminal, part of the authorities tasked to catch Light, or vigilante will be long dead by that point.
>>
Assuming the Death Note does work on Superman, which name would Light have to use for it to work? Clark Kent or Kal-El?
>>
I wrote an entire story about this scenario in the DCAU universe era as a three part Batman the Animated Series story. Three scripts.

I'd say that it's a crapshoot. Because unlike L, Light does not have an in to Batman. He would have no idea Batman is after him unless Batman interrogates him. Also Batman would have no clue that someone was orchestrating these killings unless they were focused solely on Gotham. It's just heart attacks.

If Light is focused on killing Batman, he'd likely figure it out before Batman could even figures the heart attacks are connected.

Really, it'd be better for Gotham if Light did just get in there and clean it up. They have too many people who just need to die and can't be reformed.
>>
>>93425981

Now that is a good question. I don't think they ever said how Death Note finds people.
>>
>>93419457
I've just checked and it says that the Death Note can only manipulate events in 23 days interval, but the death itself can happen later. For example, you can write that a person develops cancer in 23 days which would eventually lead to his death in a few years.
Having that in mind, what if one writes a message "X performs a suicide by writing a copy of this message in a Death Note in 23 days"?
>>
>>93417725
I've always wondered this.

Like, say, Batman. Yes, his real name is Bruce Wayne, but by all means, he considers "Batman" to be his true self, so would writing "Batman" or "Bruce Wayne" kill him? Would writing "Batman" only kill the Bat, leaving Bruce unharmed? Shit to ponder about, I guess.
>>
>>93418411
>fate manipulation
So the Challengers of the Unknown would be immune to it because they aren't bound by fate. I'd like to see that crossover.
>>
>>93418960
Implying Light wasn't planning to kill Mikami afterwards.
>>
>>93418245
Kira is an absolutely godawful serial killer. He'd have been caught basically immediately were it not for Killer Queen. Batman is the world's greatest detective. Batman wins, and much quicker than in JJBA.
>>
File: carol puff.png (49KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
carol puff.png
49KB, 184x184px
Light would probably just get really paranoid and start reading too much into everything he sees, ironically giving away the very information he's trying to hide.
>>
>>93423421
*Sarah
>"Jim no! We can stop this madman!"
>I think of Sarah
>And the rest is easy
>BLAM
>>
>>93418060
>most immediately and unlike L operates outside the law to an extent and would have an easier time of finding out it was Light by just straight up breaking into his house for evidence

But L did break the law a few times, he even bugged light's house.
>>
>>93425981
The name given at birth you nigger, so Kal-el
>>
>>93416890
Batman wouldn't be able to take the steps L took to confirm that Kira was in Kanto (bait Kira into killing someone live), but Batman would most likely also conclude that Kira is probably a Japanese teenager based on all the other facts.
From there things get tricky. The only reason L managed to get any more clues into who Kira was is because Light stupidly handed crucial information for no reason by letting L know he has access to police information. Batman would most likely not colaborate with the Japanese police and as such Light wouldn't be able to taunt Batman with this. Let's face it. if Light had never done that L would have never ever been able to narrow things down any further.
>>
>>93427876
Batman would simply kidnap Light and beat the shit out of him/drug him until he talks. If he doesn't talk, he'd keep him prisoner for a long time before Light ever had a chance to set up his amnesia keikaku, which wouldn't have worked on Batman anyway.
>>
>>93427925
What fucked Light over was killing Raye Pember. Killing one of the agents that was investigating you was pretty dumb.
>>
>>93427975
Nah, even if he hadn't killed Raye, L would have inevitably narrowed down on Light because there weren't that many suspects at that point and he was Soichiro's son.
Keep in mind, taunting L by letting him know he has police intel narrowed things down from millions of potential suspects to a couple hundred.
>>
>>93417998
To be fair, in the Death Note universe, only two types of sapient beings exist, mortal humans and shinigami. As such, it's hard to tell if it would effect humanoids.
>>
>>93416890
>I finally figured out who Batman is!
>It's clearly Patrick "Matches" Malone!
>Damnit, it didn't work, Malone must be an alias.
>>
>>93425876
It involves a /co/ character, so it could be in both.
>>
>>93416890
Batman could never catch Light. The way L went about doing it is so retarded and nonsensical that it'd never work outside of Death Note's retarded universe.
>>
File: Lsalalal seu edson.jpg (59KB, 462x337px) Image search: [Google]
Lsalalal seu edson.jpg
59KB, 462x337px
>>93423595
>Doomsday can punch Superman to death
>gods of death cant

Big 2 is shit.
>>
>>93416890
>Light starts to write in the book.
>The Specter immediately shows up and delivers the pain before the first letter is finished.
In the DC universe it sure as fuck isn't Batman that Light needs to worry about.
>>
>>93416890
Batman will realise that Kira's way of disposing criminals is better than his own. He will see the Light
>>
>>93429157
>Superman
>Consistent
But alas you must give him a pass because of how old the character is.
>>
>>93429050
Not really, L's strategies were actually not too bad, but as I've pointed out, the only reason L got as far as he did was because of Light's own fuck-ups.
>>
>>93427370
>Batman wins against Yoshikage when Batman can't see stands
>>
Well Bat's is as autistic as L but he actually has supernatural help. I'm sure Constantine or Zatanna could be a big boost.
>>
>>93429342
To be fair Light was doing more than just killing people. He was trying to gain social power with it. Can't do that without giving things away.
>>
>>93429430
He didn't need to give away the fact that he had access to police information.
>>
>>93429484
Really, that only screwed him because L jumped to conclusions. If I was in charge of the investigation, I wouldn't assume that Kira must be the family member of a police officer, I would consider the possibility that Kira has allies in the police, that he is blackmailing/bribing police into giving him info, that he is a really good hacker or that he might even have psychic powers that let him read minds and control people.
>>
>>93418940

If it makes you feel any better, the jap movies made it so that L wrote his own name on the maximum time limit so that Light's attempt to kill him right there would fail. He then busted Light before the book killed him.
>>
>>93421794

What if Bat-myte stops Kira because him killing Gothams villains led to Batman being less interesting to watch?
>>
>>93423965
Light wasn't right he was an autistic sociopath who took the most retarded and laziest way of fixing society he could think off and still blew it he didn't accomplish shit in the long run
>>
Even if Light did kill Bruce, there's about a dozen people who would just toss him in a Lazarus Pit.
>>
So in this thread so far we've established that the Death Note would affect superheroes in the following ways...

>kills Batman only to be foiled by Batman's bullshit support network/Lazarus Pits/Superman, tricks Light because Bruce Wayne must be written in the Note as Batman since that's his true identity
>doesn't affect Superman unless he can be considered 'human' by the rules of the book, and only definitively if forced to suicide in a red sun
>No effect on J'onn
>No effect on Diana except Nu52 Diana
>The Flash outruns the effects but is relentlessly pursued by an obese version of the Black Racer on a rascal scooter,
>Billy Batson basically turns into Black Adam to where if he ever reverts from Captain Marvel he will die
>Plastic Man uses Toonforce shenanigans to be immune to the Note

This has been a productive thread, surprisingly enough.
>>
>>93430243
Yeah, Light would be pretty much fucked in the DC world.
>>
Batman is too smart for Light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9TCfPZARIk
>>
>>93432307
I love L's dub voice so much
>>
>>93432307
Light bumbling into every trap L sets for him is great
>>
>>93429359
Which begs the question, which dc heroes can see stands? Is deadman a stando?
>>
>>93418940
The Live-action does this well. L writes his name for the max limit (23 Days), so when Rem writes it, he's actually still alive. Eventually this leads to him proving that Light is Kira and Ryuk writes his name.

Both Light and L end up dying, which is how it should've been anyway.
>>
>Light uses Shinigami eyes
>Finds out Batman is Bruce Wayne
>Writes his name down

Light ragestomps
>>
>>93438100

What makes you think Light would do the deal for the eyes when up until the end he refused it in the source material?

Also, mask.
>>
>>93438195
Okay fine but how can Batman possibly find light before Light discovers he is on his trail?
>>
>>
>>93416890
Probably not. Smarter people than Light have tried and failed to find out who Batman is
>>
>>93417604
1. L is canonically the best human at selective narrowing and logical deduction. He would only need one encounter .
>>
File: death note face when.jpg (86KB, 500x927px) Image search: [Google]
death note face when.jpg
86KB, 500x927px
Ryuk would know about all the DC super heroes and would give the note to a superhero or super villain for more fun.
>>
>>93417696
>Batman is extremely territorial, mainly operating inside of Gotham City and shunning the help of outside supers.
Only just after Identity Crisis.
Generally speaking Batman's okay with other Capes in his town as long as they're not killing people.
>>
>>93438319
World's Greatest Detective.
>>
>>93424483
I feel like Light would try to give Hal a heart attack only for Hal to stop it with sheer willpower
>>
>>93416890
Batman is the one type of detective that Light would instantly job to.
>>
How can he kill the Joker?
>>
>>93439901
He can't since nobody knows Joker's real name. So unless he writes somebody elses death in a way that also kills Joker, he wouldn't be able to do it
>>
>>93442985
>So unless he writes somebody elses death in a way that also kills Joker,
That goes against the rules, so he can't do that.
However, his waifu has the Shinigami eyes so that she'd be able to see exactly what name is needed to kill him.
The Joker would be incredibly easy to kill.
>>
Light really only a genius by shonen manga standards, then again batmans only a genius cause plot armor.
>>
>>93443286
>Implying it somehow wouldn't distort and not work when evern Spectre wouldn't kill Joker
The only person with stronger plot armor than Batman is Joker
>>
>>93443389
I actually know fuck-all about Spectre, but if I'm remembering things right, he needs some sort of conditions to kill people.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, the power of the Death Note is "god of death" magic and the Joker is just a human, insanity/supersanity BS aside.
Jack Napier a dead man.
>>
>>93417060
>Death Note won't kill an additional person whose true name isn't written down under any circumstances, even accidental.
False.

Mikami's - whatever the glasses guy's name was - abusive mom was killed in a car crash by a Death Note victim dying while driving which was the starting point of him worshipping Kira so much.
>>
>>93418224
>>93418243
>>93418368
I love this scenario.

It reminds me of the Batman Beyond episode where Shriek tries to gaslight Bruce and get him institutionalised by faking some auditory hallucinations and Bruce saw right through it because the voices he heard kept calling him Bruce and not Batman.
>Terry: "How did you know the voices were fake?"
>Bruce: "Simple, they called me Bruce."
>Terry: "What DO you call yourself then?"
>Bruce: *stares*
>Terry: "...wait, no way you can be that crazy."
>>
>>93418676
There was an animated episode where a group of people make a super smart criminal AI to predict crime and stop it before it happens and they fed it every supervillian's mind into it.

It escaped to the Internet and broke into the Gotham records database to figure out who Batman is based on physical attributes and likely wealth and age and whatever. Broke into the Batcave to kill Batman. Batman ended up giving it an identity and existential crisis.

To be honest, I'm surprised there isn't somebody in the government (e.g. NSA, CIA, etc.) who doesn't just find out who Batman is via some detective work and old fashioned espionage.
>>
>>93419128
That is 99% of detective work.
>>
>>93419350
Pretty sure the rules mentioned intentional misspellings too.
>>
>>93443798
>To be honest, I'm surprised there isn't somebody in the government (e.g. NSA, CIA, etc.) who doesn't just find out who Batman is
Cadmus did this in JLU
>>
>>93421963
>How many people in Gotham can afford to build the Watchtower out of their own pocket?
Doesn't the Justice League pretend that Bruce Wayne is a very justice-oriented third-party benefactor? The JLA's budget doesn't come out of thin air.
>>
>>93418676
Also every time Bruce Wayne takes in a new orphan there's a new Robin.
>>
>>93416890
come on /co/ there's only one way this story ends just as Light is finishing writing Bruce Wayne, Batman burst through his window and beats the shit out of Light before sending him to Arkham

"But I don't understand you're Bruce Wayne!!!"
"No, I'm Batman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ryWaqCQlU

Light is next seen scribbling Batman is Bruce Wayne on the walls of his cell.
>>
>>93418153
No
>>
>>93430061
What if Bruce's bio name changes after he goes into a Lazarus Pit and his "I am Batman" assertion becomes his real name? There's no reason to assume a resurrection would keep the same name from before the death.

This could result in Light furiously writing "Bruce Wayne" and getting nothing and believing that it's just a trick and this Batman is a fake / new Batman.
Then he kills Dick or Jason, wrongfully thinking that they're stepping in as the next Batman .
>>
>>93443920
Yeah, intentional misspellings kill you instead.
>>
>>93418018
If Constantine is still protected from death via the First of the Fallen, he literally couldn't die. Light would be furiously writing John's name down over and over while John laughed and called him a cunt.
>>
>>93426474
Because if he's incarcerated or incapacitated for more than 23 days he dies of a heart attack.
>>
>>93418153
Doesn't Doomsday become immune to whatever killed him last upon resurrection? If that's the case (and he could be killed by a Death Note at all), it would only work once.
>>
>>93445026
Immunity could be to the mode of death, not the Death Note itself.

So immune to cardiac arrest first, then whatever funny scenario Light keeps having to think up.
>>
>>93445053
Eh, that's a semantics argument. The mode of death is the Death Note magically causing something.
>>
>>93445119
By that logic, Doomsday could easily be immune to anything caused by Superman, then by humans, etc.
>>
The question is is L, Near etc there too. If so batman would group up with the detectives. It would make it harder for light to kill him.
>>
>>93417302
It's obviously GĂ©rard Tree
>>
>>93445175
If L, Near and Mello are there, too, then Light is dead as fuck.
That just wouldn't be fair.
>>
>>93416890
So, I don't remember, has Death Note ever addressed how "names" work?

Alias is one thing, but what about name change?

What if parents named a baby one thing at birth, but after a week of thinking decided not to name their child LucyKimikoAkieAiri...
>>
>>93418062
That'd be dope. I love when Ryukk fucks Light over.
>>
>>93445206
>What if parents named a baby one thing at birth, but after a week of thinking decided not to name their child LucyKimikoAkieAiri...
With that, I would assume it would be any name that was used at the point when they're eligible for death via the Death Note.
>>
where is that Green Text where Question beats the shit out of light?
>>
>>93443410
"Joker doesn't have a true name because he keeps forgetting it."

there plot armor established-also man Joker'd just fucking shoot Misa when she looks at him funny.
>>
If Light wanted to draw Batman's attention, he'd have to start by writing down a Gothamite's name in the Death Note and killing them.

What better person's name to write down than Gotham's very own Bruce Wayne?
>>
>>93445368
Why would he kill someone that isn't meddling in his business? He only kills criminals and people that get in his way.
>>
>>93445002
But the book manipulates fate, ensuring that reality follows the described scenario unless it's physically impossible. The extent of it's power is unclear, but it is reasonable to assume events would align in a way that allows him to write the next entry every time.
It might not work, but you don't lose anything by trying. Just get some criminal you are going to kill anyway and write an entry like that, including a failsafe to prevent him from using Death Note for any other reason, then incarcerate him.
Now, it is entirely possible that writer would be apprehended by authorities, held in prison and only allowed to write a single entry every 23 days. That possibility could be eliminated with more careful wording and not something a person of average intelligence came up in a couple of minutes.
>>
File: lucifer-1-cover.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
lucifer-1-cover.png
2MB, 1440x900px
Lucifer would immediately know that Light is Kira. Whether he feels compelled to do anything about it is another question.
Thread posts: 387
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.