[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would have you done a Justice League Unlimited continuation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (45KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 400x302px
How would have you done a Justice League Unlimited continuation?
>>
File: brainy.jpg (41KB, 471x320px) Image search: [Google]
brainy.jpg
41KB, 471x320px
>>93416321
Honestly that is probably one of the few ways to continue

The dc animated universe is huge when you remember that justice legue unlimited references things that happened in SupermanTAS BatmanTas batman beyond and even static shock

like every dc superhero had a role on at least one of those series, the only other way to continue is the legion but the leagion also appeared in justice league unlimited and it wasn't nearly as cool as the actual legion animated show, their bouncy bounced but without turning into a ball

justice league action is ok there is nothing else you can do with the original justice league show, it was a masterpiece
>>
>>93416873
Nice thoughts, anon.
>>
Make it about Batman
>>
>>93416321
Near Apocalypse of '09.
>>
>>93419642
Batman Batman or Terry Batman?
>>
>>93416321
The Justice League Beyond lineup kinda sucked
>>
Batman rape the Joker
>>
>>93419661
I liked their Lantern and the fish girl was kind of cute.
>>
Bring in John Constantine. Have him argue with Question for an entire episode.
>>
Crisis on Infinite Earths. That's pretty much the only way you can go after you've fusion-ha'd Braniac and Darkseid (and Braniac and Lex before that) as a finale.
Plus, it'd be a great callback to Wally's "I can never go that fast again" by having him actually go that fast and make the sacrifice to stop the Anti-Matter Cannon.
>>
They could have adapted the Sinestro Corps War with John in Hal's place. Maybe say Shayera was pregnant with Warhawk, with this and fighting the Yellow Lanterns giving John a mental crisis.
>>
>>93416321
I thought the writing and plots took a serious nosedive once they introduced over 100 heroes that nobody even knew about except if you read their respective comic book.

It started feeling like Pokemon. "Who's that DC hero?"
>>
>>93419904
I thought the writing and plots took a serious nosedive once they introduced over 100 heroes that nobody even knew about unless you're not a casual
FTFY
>>
>>93419904
Not really, you could guess individual gimmicks most of the time through visual design, and characters that actually get screentime get development, most of the time.
>>
>>93419904
Seriously? I thought JLU was an improvement over Justice League precisely because it had a larger roster to draw from.
>>
>>93419926

I'm not a casual but I first found out about some people (I avoid books like Suicide Squad and had missed the 2000 Superman/Batman run until AFTER I caught all the JL/JLU books, so I had no idea who Waller was) whether they're considered smaller characters or not. I didn't know the Question and had no trouble following his part, or Helena. I had no idea who some characters like Shining Knight or Vigilante were and again no problem. If it was a show that focused on these characters (there were nuances of the New Gods - say Forager, for example - I didn't quite catch or understand Orion in the he and Batman visit the Flash episode I can appreciate more in the recent past but that didn't keep me from enjoying, much less following what I was watching. It also makes rewatching something that much more enjoyable.
>>
>>93416321
I forget but why is Barda on the team and where is Scott?
>>
>>93416321
>Justice League of the future
>It's actually Superman and a bunch of JLI/JSA rejects
>>
>>93419643
Did Timm or anyone else ever establish what that was exactly? Was it the Darkseid finale or their version of Infinite Crisis or what?
>>
>>93420901
He's dead
>>
>>93421829
ra's final gambit to save the world
ended with bruce and talia killing him
>>
>>93416321
when I watch young justice and The green Lantern:TAS, I think with a few adjustments they could easily fit into the rest of the DCAU.

so that's it, just focus on other teams and characters.

saying that it would've ran out of steam eventually when they would've eventually adapted most of the villains/stories. but I guess they then could've adapted 'crysis on infinite earths' and do an in-universe reboot.
>>
>>93422008
Wait, really? That's what leads into the Batman Beyond episode.... you got sauce?
>>
>>93422464
can't remember the episode, but talia visits bruce at one point and terry mentions that together they beat ra's in the apocalypse

probably the episode where ra's takes control of talia
>>
I'd have given Batman a lantern ring that was powered by his own hope.

Game, over.
>>
>>93422658
not giving him yellow
>>
>>93422679

Hope is all Batman lives by.

Fear? That's not a thing.
>>
>>93416873
What order would you watch those in and which ones were the best?
>>
>>93422708
yellow lanterns are the use of fear but it's not like he dresses up as a scary animal or something.
>>
>>93422679

In fact, hope is the most powerful thing to any human, ever.

The blue lanterns are impossible to defeat. If you give a human a blue ring, it's like letting them do anything.
>>
>>93422749

Huge Justice League fanboy as well.

I didn't want it to be this way. Not without superman.
>>
>>93422737
Batman TAS and Superman TAS first, then Justice League/Unlimited, then Static Shock, then Batman Beyond which spins off into The Zeta Project.
Simple.
Despite me knowing it off hand, it originally took me a small amount of Googling AND there are places online that actually recommend which order to watch episodes within each season of each show in.

As for what's best, that's all personal preference, as is everything ever.
>>
>>93419904
Anon that was the appeal.
>>
>>93422708
>Fear? That's not a thing.
>>
>>93420901
Barda is there because they couldnt get WW on tv shows because of copyright.
They got WW for JL/U and the comics tried to explain what happened to her but they should have stuck with the original idea instead.
>>
>>93425223
What was the original idea? and No idea that Beyond was before JL/JLU.
>>
>>93416321
>>
>>93419643
I want to see the Demons Head and his final play for power in the Near Apocolypse of 09.
>>
>>93425446
Beyond aired before JL/U but is set after.
The original idea to exolsin WW's absense was her being made Queen after a Civil War and was also pregnant but not telling Bruce because she didnt want the child to change him. (I dont like the second part even as a Wonderbatfag)

The reason they gave in the comics was Lord Batman comes to the justice league for help against the Justice Lords and because real Bruce is an emotional fuckface, Diana choses to stay with Lord Batman.
Lord WW kills that batman and WW kills her.
Lord Supes was gonna kill WW but both decided its better to forge a peace and to cement that they had a test tube baby.
Diana takes the baby to raise him against his father but is stolen into the phantom zone by Zod.
Kid hates both parents.
Its a huge mess.

At least the original idea we could have gotten a new robin/wondergirl and WW and Batman having a happy ending.
>>
>>93423009
JLU is better than JL
>>
>>93425223
Yeah, every modern Batman Beyond comic fucking sucks
What was the original idea?
>>
>>93427111
Read>>93426997

Thats just a paraphrase
>>
more stand alone stories about the B/C list heroes.
>>
File: 1497576704311.jpg (16KB, 494x458px) Image search: [Google]
1497576704311.jpg
16KB, 494x458px
>>93426997
This reads like a terrible fan fiction. On top of the Babs/Bruce/Dick love triangle pregnancy shit and I can't watch JLU without a sour feeling.

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>93427318
Yea its pretty fucking stupid. The only explanation is this was during the nu52 and they pushed SMWW into almost everything no matter how bad.
>>
>>93427318
>>93427671
>>93426997
at least we got that cool lord batman beyond suit
>>
>>93427769
Wasnt that just his regular suit we saw during JL. I cant remember.

Its not worth it at WW's assassination of character.
We could have gotta Queen Diana, daddy bats and brother terry and a new wondergirl.

Instead we got a story thst could have just been left as Superboy being Zod's like it was implied at the start. And nothing changing because the reveal does nothing as he still hated WW and Lord Supes. Its not brought up again.

The original idea could have had a lasting impact.
>>
>>93419846
"Time to save the world..."
>>
I think the Near Apcolplypse of 09' should be left to the viewers imagination. A Justice League Beyond show would need to have a decent rogues gallery and maybe a better roster.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.