[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: depression.png (54KB, 640x226px) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
54KB, 640x226px
I have a friend that is suffering depression. Are there any comics that can help her or motivate her to fight it? Personal experiences are more than welcome!
>>
No, not really. There are some comics that mention or involve depression that some people may find relatable, but that's not going to do jack shit for someone who's currently depressed.

Your friend might appreciate the effort, but not right now. They're not feeling a lot right now, and that's due to a chemical imbalance inside their body that nothing external can change. They need meds or an anti-SAD lamp, and probably therapy, at least to determine whether they need meds and help monitor them through the transition.
>>
>>93413474
Here's an experience that is sure to brighten up her day: blowing her brains out with a gun. Fuck you and fuck her for not sucking it up. I've been depressed for nearly two decades, get over it you fucking wimps.
>>
>>93413474
Nigger that's not how depression works.
>>
>>93413474
offtopic garbage
guess tumblrposters got bored of waiting for more steven universe
here is an idea, try suicide
>>
File: bojack tasks.jpg (107KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
bojack tasks.jpg
107KB, 500x373px
>>93415505
>two decades later and he's still depressed

Take your own advice, fagola
>>
>>93416283
What? I am enjoying it. I want to see how low a human can go. I don't need anybody's help.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-49-56.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-04-20-20-49-56.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>93416467
THE EDGE
>>
File: diamond edge.jpg (102KB, 500x711px) Image search: [Google]
diamond edge.jpg
102KB, 500x711px
>>93416467
>>
>>93416467
>I have evolved beyond your primitive need for happiness and fulfillment
>>
>>93416467
twenty years and you still aren't at your lowest point? I could hit rock bottom by this time next week, step up
>>
File: hopeless.png (288KB, 270x410px) Image search: [Google]
hopeless.png
288KB, 270x410px
>>93416467
>MFW I'm also enjoying my self-destruction then I read anon's post
Fuck I don't wanna become this
>>
>>93413474

I used to read Catcher in the Rye every day. If your friend wants to be "That Guy" then give them a copy of Catcher in the Rye.

Otherwise, I don't know. I tend to try to depress myself more when depressed, so give them Chris Ware I guess.
>>
>>93416467
>2 decades of sinking low
Show us how low you have gone down that is if you'll show it
>>
Go see a doctor and get meds

comics ain't helpin ya
>>
>>93416467
https://youtu.be/8dMOjCMoJ0o

Keep fighting the (good) fight.
>>
>>93413474
Owlturd is absolutely based when it comes to that subject OP.
>>
>go on Tumblr
>search "depression comic"
>9000 comics about featureless gray stick people experiencing depression to featureless colorful stick people realizing that the world ain't so bad because they can create shitty drawings about popular mental handicaps and people on the internet will validate them
>>
>>93413474
what happened to allie brosh?
last I heard, she was releasing a new book
>>
Play EDF 4.1. Seeing humanity come together to fight giant insects, robots, and kaiju while singing about crushing alien threats will cheer you up and make you ready to fight for a great cause once the ravager scum do invade in real life.
>>
>>93419731
I'll give you a taste. It is normal for a parent to have aspirations for their child. My mother's single most hope right now is for me to go outside with friends and call her on my phone. Yet, I cannot even do that. I have been pushed towards the abyss to such an extent that my own mother wishes I was a normal human being, but I continue to disappoint her every day. I have no friends, haven't had any for 7 years. Mining coal with my foreskin is more appealing than going outside for an errand. My mother wishes her boy was normal, but she is sadly mistaken; I've never been normal, and nothing in this world or next will serve as an instrument of justifying my mother giving birth to me. I look forward towards the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>93413474
I was born with it, so I wouldn't really know.
>>
>>93419996
>It is normal for a parent to have aspirations for their child.
Pfft my mom gave up on her aspirations of me when I was like 10.
>>
>>93419967
I read somewhere that her sister died and her depression took a turn for the worse.
>>
>>93413474
Alright, now this is my kinda thread!

Because I feel like I'm no good at anything
>>
>>93419996
>MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>93420347
Yeah, you're terrible at not being good at anything.
>>
>>93420396
Nope, there's not even any point in me trying to be terrible at that either
>>
>>93419996
>anon thinks he's hardcore just because he doesn't go outside
>thinks that's the bottom of the barrel
>thinks that's as low as you can go

Personally for me the low was dressing up as a girl in my my NEET bf's basement since my parents kicked me out of my house when I was 20 and camwhoring myself eating shit and vomiting it up again for weed money five years ago.
But hey. I can see you know best.
>>
Pity Olympics in these comments.
>>
>>93419996
>Not going outside or having friends is
Faggot you have minor depression at best. Rock fucking bottom is shooting up heroin in an alleyway and hoping you don't wake up this time as you let the rats nibble on your fingertips. It's pulling out a bottle of bleach and tilting your head back but pulling away and being mad at your instincts for wanting you to keep living so you stand there hoping you can overcome the instinct some day and stare at the bottle for hours. It's lying in bed for days without showering or doing anything but staring up at the ceiling and feeling like drinking the water that keeps you alive is a chore while praying that you just waste away in your sleep one night. It's drinking and drinking and drinking until you're lying in a puddle of your own vomit and piss and hoping that you choke on it. That's rock fucking bottom.
>>
File: 1493607069399.jpg (58KB, 506x716px) Image search: [Google]
1493607069399.jpg
58KB, 506x716px
>>93419652
same
>>
>>93413474
Depression cant be cured. I used to have a friend that had depression too, I felt useless and guilty because I couldn't do anything to help him. But I realized that they decide what to do with their life, if they want to fight, they will. It takes time, but they will in the end. All you can do is hug your friend and let them know you'll be there, I think it would make them feel a little better. Not happy or cured, but better. I think its more like an internal fight they have, but you gotta be on their side. I know being sad its not the same as being depressed, but at least, some good old cartoons make me feel better, they can make you laugh and feel like a child again. I dont know what else can help, Im sorry.
>>
>>93416467
Sounds like you are just doing this for attention. Get over yourself
>>
>>93413474
When you're depressed comics don't do diddly.
Force her to go to the gym, or simply outside.
Anything that will get the blood moving.
>>
File: when the wind blows cover.jpg (305KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
when the wind blows cover.jpg
305KB, 1000x1500px
>>93413474
>>
>>93423653
This. Depression isn't necessarily something you cure but rather something you learn to cope with better overtime depending on how much you help yourself.
>>
>>93419996
>spent TWENTY YEARS trying to hit rock bottom
>has a home, a parent who cares, an internet subscription, and the worst part of his life is "I don't have any friends :("
I'm actually becoming more depressed than you are just by thinking about how fucking bad you are at this
>>
>>93413474
Neil Gaiman's Sandman is about depression. And it's a nice story, to boot.
>>
>>93425276
jesus fuck man
>>
>>93419996

>i have no friends boohoo :(
>bottom of the barrel

if anything the thing you should be depressed about is how bad you are at being depressed
>>
>>93413474
I know that feel, senpai. sadly I can't of much /co/ shit. personally, I like to start out with depressing shit, then work my way up to hopeful. can't make a good list for this board, but if your friend is anything like me, maybe these (in no order)
pic related was pretty cozy I recall as a kid
anything by Shane Koyczan, man has a way with words. but this specifically is /co/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltun92DfnPY
cyanide and happiness's depressing comics week, for some black humor
south park for in the middle shit
and there are some rare tumblr comics that are pretty neat

other shit
>/a/
Orange (friend giving hope to suicidal qt)
maybe Re:zero if only for some key scenes
Sumire 16 Sai! manga (geezer goes around helping kids with a puppet, comfy comedy)

>/mu/
Get better by frank turner (hopeful song)
instrumental- Miniatures by Yan Vosly (mellow)
instrumental- The Last Carnival by Norihiro Tsuru (limbo-y)
Chris Garneau

>/tv/
Hope, 2013 korean film. (brutal loli rape so first half is depressing, then second half is softening)

I'll stop here, this post is getting long
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.