[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Full Spoilers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 44

File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1800x2667px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1800x2667px
After the Battle of New York, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) creates the Department of Damage Control to clean up after superhuman battles, inadvertly forcing Adrian Toomes (Michael Keaton) and his salvage crew out of business. Toomes and his men then decide not to surrender the Chitauri technology they have already scavenged and use it to steal weapons and supply them to criminal enterprises.

Years later, after the Battle of Leipzig, Peter Parker (Tom Holland) is eager to join the Avengers, but is told by Stark that he's not yet ready. Peter is then forced to return to his old life as a student of Midtown Science and Technology School alongside his friends Ned (Jacob Batalon) and Michelle (Zendaya), his rival Flash Thompson (Tony Revolori) and his longtime crush Liz Allan (Laura Harrier). They're members of the school's academic declathon team, but Peter has recently quit to focus on his "internship" at Stark Industries, a cover for his crimefighting activities, despite Aunt May's (Marisa Tomei) objections.

Spider-Man confronts a group of criminals using Chitauri weapons to rob an ATM, but they escape and Ned accidentally finds out his secret identity. Spider-Man later finds Toomes' associates Herman Shultz (Booken Woodbine) and Jackson Brice (Logan Marshall-Green) selling weapons to gangster Aaron Davis (Donald Glover) and intervenes, but Shultz and Brice escape while Peter is nearly killed by the Vulture and rescued by Stark.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers/comments/6j3gk2/guy_who_saw_homecoming_here_alright_heres_your/?st=J4ALG7Y2&sh=536ba1da
>>
File: 2.jpg (283KB, 833x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
283KB, 833x1200px
Determined to stop the Vulture, Peter and Ned retrieve a Chitauri weapon that Brice had left behind and remove its power core. A tracking device leads Shultz and Brice to Midtown, but Peter and Ned evade them and Peter plants a spider-tracer on Shultz that leads back to Virginia. Peter then rejoins the declathon team and accompanies them to Nationals in Washington, D.C., to follow his lead on Shultz. Peter and Ned disable Peter's suit's tracker and unlock its secret features, including an A.I. interface. Spider-Man then locates Toomes, Shultz and their tinkerer, Phineas Mason (Michael Chernus), intercepting a DDC truck to steal more weapons. Spider-Man confronts the Vulture, but is overpowered and trapped in the truck, missing Nationals and disappointing his friends.

Peter finds out that the Chitauri power core left with Ned is unstable and that his friends are in danger. He manages to escape from DDC's headquarters but is too late to prevent the core from exploding while the team is visiting the Washington Monument, leaving them trapped in a collapsing elevator. Spider-Man manages to climb to the top while evading the police and catch the elevator before it plummets, saving his classmates. Peter later invites Liz to the homecoming dance.

Returning to New York, Spider-Man locates Davis and persuades him to reveal the Vulture's whereabouts. Spider-Man then confronts the Vulture and his men at the Staten Island ferry and captures Brice, but the Vulture escapes by using one of the Chitauri weapons to tear the ferry apart. Iron Man arrives and saves the passengers, but reprimands Peter for his recklessness and takes his suit, forcing Peter to go back to the homemade version. Peter goes to pick up Liz and finds out that Toomes is her father. Toomes deduces that Peter is Spider-Man as well and threatens retaliation if he interferes in his plans again.
>>
File: 3.jpg (1MB, 2026x3000px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
1MB, 2026x3000px
Peter realizes Toomes is planning to hijack a DDC plane transporting the Avengers' weaponry from Stark Tower to the team's new headquarters in upstate New York and is forced to leave Liz to stop him. He's ambushed by Shultz at the bus yard, but Shultz is then knocked out by Ned. Spider-Man confronts Toomes in his lair, where Toomes attempts to persuade Peter to his side, claiming that he created his operation to secure Liz's future. Spider-Man is resolute, so the Vulture destroys the building's support beams, trapping Spider-Man under the rubble. Spider-Man manages to wrest himself free and intercept the Vulture. The DDC plane is damaged, but Spider-Man manages to steer it towards an empty area near Coney Island, where he once again fights the Vulture. Toomes' suit is damaged in the process, trapping Toomes in a fire, but Peter rescues him and leaves him for the police.

Liz tells Peter that her mother and her are moving away due to Toomes' arrest and names Michelle as the new president of the declathon team, reveaing her full name as Michelle Jones, although her friends call her "MJ". Peter later visits Stark and declines his invitation to join the Avengers, having realized the importance of being a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Peter returns home to learn that Stark has made him a new suit and puts it on just as Aunt May walks in, and she finds out that Peter is Spider-Man.

In a mid-credits scene, Toomes is locked up in the Raft and approached by another convict, Mac Gargan (Michael Mando), who reveals that several criminals aprehended by Spider-Man are banding together to get revenge. Toomes, however, chooses not to expose Peter's secret identity.

In an after-credits scene, Captain America (Chris Evans) shoots another of several PSA videos that are shown to Midtown's students throughout the school year.
>>
Aunt May discovers Peter's identity as a last second gag

This really bothers me. This should be a big moment that should be explored with a lot of weight, but they're going to skip over it because Infinity Wars. Better than Spider-Man 2 my ass.
>>
>>93413445
This review seems to coincide with this one, but includes more information, like Pepper at the press hearing for Spider-Man and Aunt May cutoff when she says "What the Fu-"
>>
>>93413408
>>93413446
>>93413471
this is gonna be amazeballs

BEST MCU MOVIE YET
>>
File: 1496706556426.jpg (36KB, 674x532px) Image search: [Google]
1496706556426.jpg
36KB, 674x532px
>chitauri meme
>>
>>93413471
>Black MJ
Pass
>>
File: 987422455.gif (363KB, 250x148px) Image search: [Google]
987422455.gif
363KB, 250x148px
>Friends call her MJ
That really, REALLY pisses me off if true
>>
chitauri this chitauri that
>>
ehhh... it's about what I expected. I'll wait for the HD rip to hit the torrents.

>>93413584
yeah, that shit is lame.
>>
>>93413471
>that after credits scene
But what about what happened in the previous film?
>>
It's the same single source from reddit again?
>>
Nothing about this sounds like Spider-Man at all.
>>
>>93413674
The videos were made right after the Chitauri invasion.
>>
>>93413674
Was just about to say this.
What is this a false facade so no one knows hes a fugitive
>>
>>93413674
no one knows or cares about what happens in the previous movies
>>
Mac Venom or Mac Scoprion, which one are we getting?
>>
File: Scorpion 616.jpg (293KB, 988x733px) Image search: [Google]
Scorpion 616.jpg
293KB, 988x733px
>>93413779
You know damn well its going to be Scorpio, stop asking stupid questions
>>
>>93413779
He has a scorpion tattoo on his neck and Venom is soft canon. The answer is obvious.
>>
File: 1498268927361.png (121KB, 578x197px) Image search: [Google]
1498268927361.png
121KB, 578x197px
>>
>>93413779

mac scorpion, who got his abilities from a Chitauri robo arm designed to burp baby Chitauri after they ate their Chitauri meal on their Chitauri spaceship, flying through Chitauri space.

Chitauri.
>>
File: 1498269359320.png (19KB, 571x79px) Image search: [Google]
1498269359320.png
19KB, 571x79px
>>93413828
>>
>couldnt even make mj in name only
Jesus christ which set of hacks did this.
Like if her name was really mary jane watson id be less pissed but this is just some new comer they slapped the nickname mj on
>>
https://twitter.com/WilliamBibbiani/status/878420868061216769

The only twitter review that isn't going all fanboy.
>>
>>93413798

I wonder if Scorpion will kill Martha in the second movie like he does in the comics.
>>
File: U6xWtZJ.jpg (53KB, 594x439px) Image search: [Google]
U6xWtZJ.jpg
53KB, 594x439px
>>93413893
>Liz Allan
>Peter's high school crush, who he was interested in well before Gwen Stacey or Mary Jane
>newcomer

So are the Raimi films the new baseline for most people's knowledge of Spider-Man now? Are we at the point where Spider-Man fans don't know classic Spider-Man characters are if they haven't appeared in a movie?
>>
>>93413989
WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?
>>
File: Mary Jane Watson.jpg (25KB, 278x348px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Jane Watson.jpg
25KB, 278x348px
>>93413893
Its a slap in the face is what it is.
>"How about instead of Jay Jonah Jameson, its a butch lesbian named Jessica James? Peter can still call her JJ!"
Literally fuck you Sony/Marvel. We went through repeated Osbornes, its been years since Raimi and Dunst's overrated performance, I think we can do Mary Jane fucking Watson again.
>>
the only thing better than seeing this CRUSH Blunder Womynz at the box office both in opening and in breaking actual records is seeing the game DESTROY those godawful Arkham games
>>
>>93414004
Has Liz Allen ever been noticeable? She's like D-List Spider-Man character.
>>
>>93413471
In a mid-credits scene, Toomes is locked up in the Raft and approached by another convict, Mac Gargan (Michael Mando), who reveals that several criminals aprehended by Spider-Man are banding together to get revenge. Toomes, however, chooses not to expose Peter's secret identity.

This bothers me. What's the point of hyping up sinister six if you aren't gonna build up to it properly or at least show it? Fuck you, I wanna see the scorpion solo. All that crap about sony not having a clue and then feige greenlights this.

It's dumb, along with the mj blunder and just about fucking everyone knowing who pete is. Guess the movies finally catched up to the comics, where I just feel like skipping issues.
>>
>>93414004
He's talking about Michelle.

>>93414023
She was one of the main love interests in The Spectacular Spider-Man.
>>
>>93414049
At the very least they could do 2 villains a movie and have the S6 by the third installment. I hope Doc Ock is the one providing the tech at least
>>
>>93414023
>>93414067
Her stepbrother is the Molten Man.
>>
This sounds pretty run of the mill. I'm sure it'll have some typical Marvel humor that wins over the majority and will be a fun watch once, but it doesn't really sound like a rewatchable movie.
>>
>>93414141
This.
>>
>>93414141
So a perfect entry into the MCU. I haven't watched any of the movies more than once except Iron Man 1.
>>
Michelle playfully teases Peter and is clearly harboring a crush on him, which he is oblivious to.

Ned is skilled with computers and defeats Shultz with Peter's webshooters in the bus yard.

Flash is the wealthiest kid in Midtown and resents Peter for often upstaging in in academics. Spider-Man "borrows" his car to pursue the Vulture and ends up wrecking it.

Betty is Liz's best friend and a school reporter.

Toomes is nicknamed "The Vulture" because he scavenges weapons like a Vulture.

Shultz wants to be called "Shocker" and displays interest in getting a suit of his own.

Brice isn't arrested. He's accidentally killed by Toomes with a Chitauri weapon after being kicked off the team for attracting Spider-Man's attention and threatening to go to the authorities.

Davis helps Spider-Man find Toomes because he doesn't want destructive Chitauri weapons in the neighborhood that his nephew lives in.

Stark Tower has been sold to an anonymous buyer and the DDC is moving its equipments to the Compound.

The DDC plane that the Vulture is targeting is transporting, among others, a new Vibranium shield, an Asgardian magic belt, the Hulkbuster, the Mark 42 and crates full of Arc Reactors.

Tony and Pepper are back together. Tony organizes a press conference to introduce Spider-Man as a member of the Avengers, and when Peter declines, he instead uses it to publically propose to Pepper.

Happy is appointed Peter's supervisor. Early on, Peter leaves him numerous "reports" of the petty crimes that he's stopped in hopes of attracting Stark's attention.

Gargan has a scorpion tattoo on his neck, a scar running down his face and surgical pins on his arm.

Stark offers Peter the Iron Spider suit as part of his membership in the Avengers, which Peter declines. The "new" suit he later finds is basically the hight-tech Stark suit stripped of all its tech.
>>
>>93414221
>Tony and Pepper are back together. Tony organizes a press conference to introduce Spider-Man as a member of the Avengers, and when Peter declines, he instead uses it to publically propose to Pepper.
well... at least he didn't retire again
>>
When will critics finally break and say enough of this mediocrity?
>>
>>93414004
talking bout michelle jones
>>
>>93414270
When Disney's wallet runs dry.
>>
File: seal of quality.jpg (45KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
seal of quality.jpg
45KB, 1024x512px
>>93414270
never as long as we keep seeing this logo

the other guys will probably get about 3 movies before the critics get sick of them
>>
Thank fuck they're making Donald Glover Prowler.

If they cast him and wasted him in some bit role I would have been so angry. Prowler is literally the only character he should play (other than Miles if he were half the age he is now)
>>
>>93414221
>Stark Tower has been sold to an anonymous buyer

Was it revealed who?
>>
>>93414640
OsCorp
>>
>>93414049
Its not really rushing too much, From this film we already have shocker and Vulture!
>>
>>93414640
"Baxter foundation"/Reed Richards please >.>
I know they still have rights and shit to deal with but If they do the build up long enough, the Future foundation adapting the tower could be a great way to phase in the F4 eventually!
>>
>>93414681
I fucking hope not!
>>
File: 984324.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
984324.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>93414914
As long as we get to see this happen
>>
>>93413471
>reveaing her full name as Michelle Jones, although her friends call her "MJ"
That's so dumb. I wasn't even one of the babies who were bitching about the possibility, but like, if you're gonna do it then go all the way.
>>
>>93414978
I think having them start out as the future foundation would be a great way to twist it desu. Have them working with people with abilities and tech. They end up getting their powers blah blah and become the F4. Its a perfect time after infinity war to get Johnny storm and Pete as Bros too!
>>
>>93414997
I mean, why even cover it up? Why does it need to be a last minute twist?
>>
>>93414997
>>93415026
I think it could just be Marvel having a different love interest for a bit and then the MJ nickname can be a thing that Pete suggests to the actual real Mary Jane
>>
>>93414849
Kevin, settle down. It's about time you understood that you need someone to check on your shit ideas
>>
>>93415067
>Hey baby can I call you the same name I called my high school girlfriend?
Don't make this worse!
>>
File: IMG_5999.jpg (64KB, 640x855px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5999.jpg
64KB, 640x855px
I'd like to think this "MJ" idea was Amy Pascal while Kevin was like....uhhh people aren't gonna like this? Why not just make her Mary Jane?
>>
>>93413408
Ironman in the movie, right?
>>
>>93414997
Yeah I don't get it. Does Mary Jane even exist then? Sounds pointless and stupid.
>>
>>93415153
Not too much
>>93415200
Not yet
>>93415120
He is a dweeb soooo
>>
>>93415138
Nah son, now we're gonna get floods of people saying "inspirational" it is for MJ to be black now, and people taking pictures of their children proudly holding up stuff of MJ.
>>
>>93415138
Jake's about as subtle as The Wall being a sentient wall.
>>
>>93414997
This. Now I'm mad because it's such a spineless move. Also Flash being a nerd pisses me off.
>>
File: 1484770215422.jpg (62KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1484770215422.jpg
62KB, 504x470px
>>MJ, known for being a hot red head, will now be defined by being an afro black girl.
>>
>>93415516
I wouldn't care if she was black as long as it was Mary Jane.

Instead we basically get a ripoff OC villain daughter calling herself MJ. Fucking stupid.
>>
Alright so when will Spider-Man get a new sassy black girl friend and someone like Ned for supporting cast in comics?
>>
>>93415542
>villain daughter
FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME, Liz is the Vulture's daughter. Not MJ.
>>
>>93415544
Ned is already Ganke, but I'm sure Michelle will either appear in Bendis' book, or they will kill off MJ for black MJ.
>>
>>93415544
A Bendis comics.
>>
Why couldnt they get go all the way and make MJ black? At least we would have gotten a Mary Jane.

This feels so fucking cheap and like a knock-off/rip-off character.
>>
>>93415648
I'm more mad that literally, the most iconic part about MJ, her red hair, won't happen, cause it's racist for any non-white person to have any hair color other than black.
>>
>>93415698
I was mad about this but nerd Flash Thompsons and MJ but not Mary Jane took the fucking cake
>>
I WANT TO IMPREGNATE MARISA TOMEI AND NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY
>>
>>93415648
I feel like she was supposed to be MJ but the initial backlash they received made them change their mind.
>>
>>93416117
And what's worse? This will be it from now on. There is no more rebooting. Just going forward. And I can guarantee, this won't be the last one they fuck around with. Leslie Jones as JJJ

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL THEY ARE GOING TO DO THAT!
>>
File: Confusion.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
Confusion.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>93415698
Who the fuck said that do they forget that balck people can also be natural red heads like what the fuck
>>
File: 1497489260960.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1497489260960.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>Aunt May knows already
>MJ not MJ
>nerd Flash Thompson
>Liz is Vulture's kid
>no even Uncle Ben namedrop
>>
>>93416121
Go to bed tony
>>
>>93416152
>Leslie Jones
What are you basing this from?

Man, they should at least get Ice Cube.
>>
>Aunt May walks in, and she finds out that Peter is Spider-Man.

Does she fuck him afterwards? This is important.
>>
File: 1457809838759.jpg (25KB, 381x509px) Image search: [Google]
1457809838759.jpg
25KB, 381x509px
I'm seriously mad. I know this is just a film and even have made fun of people getting mad at bs like this, hell I stopped reading Marvel and didn't care much for it, but somehow this makes me really mad. Maybe because Raimi's movies got me to see the appeal of comics.
>>93416152
If we have to have a Black JJJ, Terry Cruz wouldn't be so bad, but they'd fuck that up too.
>>
>>93416195
>What are you basing this from?

Sony
>>
>>93416282
* Crews. I'm so mad I'm already writting bullshit
>>
>>93416159
Wich only makes the whole thing much dumber.
>>
File: Venom Snakes Bizzare Adventure.gif (915KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
Venom Snakes Bizzare Adventure.gif
915KB, 1279x720px
>>93416346
I swaer people be doing the most sometimes
>>
>>93416374
*swear*
>>
>>93416134
Except this is literally a 1000x worse than the other two options of not having her and race bending her. Who thinks this a good idea? Who would want this? Comic purists hate it for obvious reasons, SJWs will hate it for not being the real MJ, and the casual audience will be confused as fuck
>>
>>93416175
>>Aunt May knows already
It's worst than that. It's Aunt May knows, and it's all handled off screen. No "I want you out of my house NOW" moment.

Instead, we'll just cut to Aunt May in Spider-man II saying something like "I want you to do your homework before you go out web swinging! The Avengers might let you stay out late, but your grades say otherwise!"
>>Cue audience laughter.

Kind of makes me miss subtle moments like "I heard Spider-Man was there"
>>
>>93413828
>>93413892
This reeks of BvS and SS fan tweets before the official screenings. I don't trust it one bit.
>>
>>93416418
These are actual critics.
>>
>>93416405
You haven't seen black female fans. They will eat this up, posting clips of women crying, and when you disagree, they'll just post gifs of smug black women and sipping tea.
>>
File: 1452744692145.gif (2MB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
1452744692145.gif
2MB, 400x311px
So is there ANY chance they'll backpedal hard on this Not-MJ bullshit and have another actress in the sequel? Why is it so hard to get another Mary Jane? ASM2 cut her out entirely, and now this. Its not like Dunst was this iconic take on the character for Christ sake
>>
>Latino Scoprion
mitebcool
>>
>>93416432
Critics loved Sausage Party and Deadpool too. They aren't used to the Internet giving them crude humor.
>>
>>93414914
>reed and friends suddenly appearing out of nowhere
no way nigga
>>
>>93416454
Sorry son, but this is Spider-Man from now on. Permanently. There will be no more reboot, and this will be the way for the rest of the MCU.
>>
>>93416472
Deadpool was good.
>>
>>93416457
If anything, it feels like a call back to the (second) ultimate Scorpion and another call back to Miles Morales (like Not-Ganke and Aaron Davis)
>>
>>93416282
Huh, this is not so bad of a choice
>>
>>93416498
Anon, the MCU is anything but set in stone. They retcon shit every other movie with handwave explanations. Or did you forget Tony retiring multiple times, Thor ditching Jane, Banner loving Betty, and Scott Lang trying to avoid going to jail?
>>
>>93416498
Never have I wish for retcons to happen in movies (dissregarding the X-men ones) more than ever
>>
>>93416503
Good, yes. Over hyped? Most certainly.

For a film that people said was breaking the mold of the superhero genre, it played a lot of it straight like the superhero origins, the girl motivation, and the climax being ontop of a huge mechanical structure that explodes. Even the gag of him killing the villain is sort of undermined when Man of Steel and Tony Stark in Iron Man 3 were killing freely.

I agree that parts like him breaking all his limbs on Colossus was hilarious, but I found the overall film just not as great as people were making it out to be.

I also get the feeling the sequel will suffer from an Austin Power 2 effect where they repeat gags, try to go bigger, and just can't capture the same feel.
>>
>>93416454
In the 2nd movie, Nigger MJ will die in the same fashion as Gwen Stacy, and then we will have an authentic Caucasian red head Mary Jane-Watson.
>>
>>93416410
Which is sad because I loved Aunt May finding out Peter was Spider-Man (the real one, not the actor).
It was done really well.
>>
Can we call her Mulatto Jane?
>>
>>93416579
Well, they have a different director now, so that will either help the movie to avoid that or do it even more.
>>
>>93416584
And I can already see the headlines from every clickbait news site on the net: Disney Whitewashes Mary Jane in the most racist way possible in Spider Man sequel!!!
>>
>>93413471
>reveaing her full name as Michelle Jones, although her friends call her "MJ".
That's not how initials in a nickname work. It's either your first name and middle name or in Mary Jane's case, the first initials of each part of your first name. I have never in my life seen someone go by the first initials of their first and last name.
>>
>>93416570
If you think they're going to drop Zendaya, you're crazy. She's the third most advertised actor of this film.
>>93416575
Sorry. This is Spider-Man from now on.

Oh, and it's a new Spider-Man film every 2 years, so 2019 is Spider-Man 2, and 2021 is Spider-Man 3. No room to change cast.
>>
UPDATE

Apparently they never say her surname is "Jones". Just that her nickname name is "MJ".
>>
>>93416624
We'll see, but the general reaction to the film is gong to make expectations way too high that I don't think the second film can deliver on. The first film had the luxury of a 11 year old script.
>>
>>93416661
Still terrible.
>>
>>93416584
WAIT, Don't tell me! Flash falls into a machine that makes him white and super buff! And then Gwen Stacy appears! And then Spider-Man grows 6 arms! And then Aunt May grows super old!
>>
File: Garcelle Beauvais.jpg (34KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Garcelle Beauvais.jpg
34KB, 300x400px
Vulture's wife is hot. Hot!
>>
>>93416641
Shes a dime a dozen Disney Channel actress no one will give a fuck about. Trust me, comic fan autism will make them reconsider this entire thing. Good bet this nickname stuff is them testing the waters on whether or not to keep her
>>93416661
Its still retarded
>>
>>93416610
Exactly. But the MCU is gags over serious moments.
>>
File: hahahaha-this-sucks-man-3187140.png (160KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
hahahaha-this-sucks-man-3187140.png
160KB, 500x677px
>/co/ trying to pretend they give a shit about a character who has not been relevant in comics for 10 years just to shit on a film
>>
>>93416702
They ain't got the balls to get rid of her, anon.

Plus like the other anon said, the backlash from the liberal media and twitter would be too great. Plus most of them will be phrasing Black MJ as one of the best features.
>>
>This much denial
>Two weeks to go for the premiere still

Astounding.
>>
>>93416702
>Shes a dime a dozen Disney Channel actress no one will give a fuck about.
Apparently a lot of people know her. Like, people in real life I know, and even that SNL skit mentioned her and people cheered.

She's known.
>>
File: unnamed-141-600x917.jpg (157KB, 600x917px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-141-600x917.jpg
157KB, 600x917px
>>93416719
You mean the character whose wedding they sold to the devil that caused a decade long anger feud with Marvel, leading to the company undermining her for Gwen Stacy, and now when she can finally return to the big screen, she's Michelle Jones?
>>
>>93416719
Fuck you, /co/mblr.

Mary Jane is my waifu. All I wanted was her red hair beauty to make a good live-action appearance after so long. Then maybe get married to Peter.

Now Marvel studios and Pascal have stabbed my dream dead...
>>
>>93416641
>She's the third most advertised actor of this film.
And Terrence Howard was an important character in Ironman and yet Don Cheadle is War Machine now Don't fucking kill my hopes!
>>93416662
True. Also now I remeber that Tim Miller was fired because he wanted D2 to take advantage of its bigger budget but Reynolds wanted the film to be in the same vein as the first one... So I guess you win. Fuck this
>>
>>93416726
>Plus most of them will be phrasing Black MJ as one of the best features.
I can already see Moviebob now saying how she's the best part of the film like he said Negasonic Teenage Warhead was the best part of Deadpool.
>>
>>93416736
denial about what?
>>
>>93413446
>spiderman AI
I dont hate it yet, but I am not confortable with this
>>
>>93416736
Are you implying the movie will be good?
>>
>>93416719
Fuck it, Im taking the bait. Its bad enough we have to deal with the shitshow Mary Jane has been given in comics for the past few years, and now we have to deal with this half assed middle of the road doppelganger that further shits on the character. We cant use Harry, Gwen, or even get a half decent Flash Thompson, so you're telling me we cant even get MARY FUCKING JANE in a Spider Man universe? Hell no, this is garbage
>>
>>93416817
It's literally in the trailers
>>
>>93413471
>reveaing her full name as Michelle Jones, although her friends call her "MJ"

Should've seen this coming when they did this TV spot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr_uC8PWP7Y
>>
I thought the whole deal was that almost all chitauri stuff shut down after the battle of NY, that's why they had that one shot about shield recruiting the couple that was using one of the still functioning devices to rob shit.
>>
>>93416792
Yep, it's going to be terrible. And not just moviebob, EVERYONE on YouTube (especially Doug Walker and Double Toasted) will be making a video about how it's the greatest thing ever or how they always imagined MJ as black. After all, she came from a poor shitty family with a abusive dad! (people will actually use this unironically).
>>
>>93416784
>And Terrence Howard was an important character in Ironman and yet Don Cheadle is War Machine now Don't fucking kill my hopes!
You honestly think they will A) take Zendaya who they hype up out B) Replace her with a White MJ C) Bring in another MJ at all?

And if there's one thing I learn in life, never bet on sequels to comedies. The only good sequels to comedies are really, really, few.
>>
>>93413686
This is exactly my thought

WTF movie is this?
>>
File: 874214.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
874214.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>93416872
So wait, people will praise a black character for coming from a shitty broken home.....only if they previously were white, like it-....christ my brain hurts. I lack the mental gymnastics to make this a good thing for minorities
>>
>>93413471
>Michael Mando as Scorpion
The only good thing about this
>>
>>93416868
Because the one shots are so well remembered.
>>
>>93413471
>MJ
Terrible. Just fucking terrible.
>>
File: CJ.png (180KB, 402x516px) Image search: [Google]
CJ.png
180KB, 402x516px
>>93416630
>>
>>93416975
The part of Kingpin will now be played by Big Smoke
>>
>>93416858
Oh god. It was a set-up. It was there all along.
>>
>>93416872
Tumblr will be even worst, where they'll photograph every post saying they don't like Black MJ and have gifs of black women laughing.
>>
>>93416916
>>93413686
I said it once, and I'll say it again. It's the fan interpretation of Spider-Man. Where it's Spider-Man being this try hard jokester who is always looking for the Avengers approval. Nothing else matters to Spider-man fans if you get that sentence correct.
>>
>>93416913
I don't necesarilly want her to be white, just red head if possible and you know, to actually be called Mary Jane. But that was my bargaining phase, now I'm at acceptance.
>>
Holy fucking shit, that is bad. I can't believe how shitty that sounds.
>>
>>93416936
If it means having a popular white comic book character become black, they will justify anything.
>>
>>93416842
>>93416773
>>93416775
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gVAkKbr0LE
>>
I just want to see Michael Keaton in another birdman costume tbqh
>>
>>93413408
>>93413446
>>93413471
Still no replacement for SHIELD?
Shouldnt its former agents be all up in this vultures operations ass?
>>
>>93417037
Apparently wanting a black girl to be a red head is racist. I already experienced this back when the rumors first came out.
>>
>>93417057
You can't just pretend that the most famous Spider-Man girl being altered won't ruffle some feathers. Hell, I know you'd pull the same shit if they mess with Black Cat and pretend that people never talk about her.
>>
>>93417063
>Still no replacement for SHIELD?
That would be some backtracking.
>>
>>93417081
Just remind them
>>93416159
>>
>>93416868
One shots and series are not canon.
Movies are canon for the most part.

I know, I hate it too.
>>
File: 1489279884325.jpg (46KB, 938x641px) Image search: [Google]
1489279884325.jpg
46KB, 938x641px
>Its a /co/ making a big deal about nothing episode and expect it to be everyone's problem

https://youtu.be/G06VLcbn4Lk?t=20

If the world's biggest Spiderman autist, Bob Chipman, says its not a big deal then its really just you fags needing an excuse to shit on this film even more.
>>
>>93417154
Go away, Bob. Not everyone is a cuck like you.
>>
>>93417110
>You can't just pretend that the most famous Spider-Man girl being altered won't ruffle some feathers.
Please, since when aren't Spideyfags feathers aren't ruffled over the stupid shit Marvel does with him or just in-general?
>>
>>93417154
Moviebob's SJW's autism is stronger than Spider-Man autism.
>>
>>93413625
It's TDKR Robin all over again.
>>
>>93417110
>Black Cat
Don't worry, anon. You can damn well bet that Pascal is going to put the BLACK in Black Cat.
>>
>>93417154
Of course he says it's not a big deal, his personal agenda trumps his autismo. Also the problem many of us have is that she's not even called Mary Jane, she's practically a new character but still being Mj with none of her traits.
>>
>>93417154
Boy, you are really good at reading only the shittest posts, Ill give you that.
>>
>>93417181
Go away, Moviebob.
>>
>>93416868
They probably had Tinkerer find a way around that.
>>
>>93417154
You know how to bait, I'll give you that
>>
This is the best position for Marvel and Sony. If you complain about the casting you'll be called a racist fuck and since the general public and most comic readers don't care about Mary Jane you'll have to be a top tier autist to give a shit. Everyone but MJfags win!
>>
>>93417211
And thus normies ruined comic books.
>>
>>93414049
What's worse is that this is literally the second time they're teasing a Sinister Six sequel with zero proper build up and no certainty of a green light to actually do it.
>>
File: 1425326965658.jpg (144KB, 654x552px) Image search: [Google]
1425326965658.jpg
144KB, 654x552px
>These disgusting spoilers
>Sony's fucking meddling
>Marvel's retarded casting and writing
>The fact that it will be over a decade until another possible Spider-Man reboot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8E-S_Pue-Y
>>
>>93417349
Why did I thought Marvel involment would be a good thing? This is the worst parts of the two studios
>>
>>93417349
>>The fact that it will be over a decade until another possible Spider-Man reboot
There is no reboot coming. The MCU has come this far, and it won't throw it all away on a gamble that they can get the same momentum back. This is Spider-Man until Holland quits and they switch to Miles Morales.
>>
>>93413471
>black MJ will never be allowed to be replaced a red-head white girl MJ because racism
>black MJ will be the main/real MJ
>Gwen Stacy will probably still be blond and white because of Marvel's and Sony's boner for her
>Mary Jane fans continue to suffer

I hope all you Black Cat Fans get something better than us (and that the comics stop the kingpin angle).
>>
>>93417331
From what it reads, it's almost the same scene as in AS2
>>
>>93415292
I'm black and I find that as likely as it is cringeworthy.

>>93415516
I doubt it. Mary Jane's had an iconic look for years.
>>
>>93417389
>we will never see a red-haired white MJ on the big screen ever again
>Slott will use this chance to kill off Mary Jane in the comics and make his own Black MJ OC to ship Peter with
This is the worst timeline.
>>
File: 1498096391094.png (889KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1498096391094.png
889KB, 1366x768px
>>93415516
>>93417426
>iconic
>would have just been any fucking color regardless since the artists instruction was just to make "a hot chick"
>>
>>93417293
>Everyone but MJfags win!
It's been that way for a looooooooong time now....
>>
>>93417471
Go away, Moviebob
>>
>>93417471
Just because the instructions behind her creation were vague doesn't mean it's not an iconic appearance. Batman could have been a man in a costume with a furry bat mask, but his present look is the one they went with and is iconic.
>>
So do we get the iconic scene of Peter holding up a building? That's what the description sounds like when Vulture blows the building
>>
>>93416630
Michael jordan, michael jackson, wtf are you talking about
>>
>third live action Spider-Man actor in 10 years
>>
>>93415516
>MJ
>Jimmy Olsen (both Supergirl's and BvS's)
>Wally West
What the fuck does Hollywood have against cape comics redheads?
>>
>>93417518
Sounds like it according to Reddit.
>>
>>93417309
If it makes you feel any better, the Black Cat/Silver Sable movie is being made by Sony and overseen by Pascal.

Which means the movie WILL bomb and be hated by people.

Which means the Comics department will probably just ignore anything Sony does. At most you will have Slott make a comic about Black Cat and Silver Sable in Amazing Spider-Man (because we all know Slott will still be writing ASM when the movie comes out. Foreve).

She will still be written shittyly though because Slott. So, I am sorry.
>>
>>93415544
Spider-Man literally just got the number of a sassy black stand-up comedian with tumblr hair in the comics.
>>
>>93417605
BvS will almost certainly be retconned into a cover identity and not the real Jimmy Olsen when the next Superman solo movie comes out
>>
>>93417293
Yeah because that tactic worked really well for fucking Ghostbusters. They dont have the kevlar they think they do
>>
File: Robin Blake.jpg (207KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Robin Blake.jpg
207KB, 1920x816px
>>93413471

>>93414997

>>93416858

>>93416966
>>
>>93417716
>Yeah because that tactic worked really well for fucking Ghostbusters.
That was feminism dumbfuck.
>>
>>93416498
Thankfully the MCU itself will reboot after Infinity War
>>
>>93417605
Who's next? Bat woman? Poison Ivy? Red Sonya? Firestar? Jean Grey?
>>
>>93417726
>plot twist is that he's named Robin
>he doesn't become Robin or even Nightwing

What was the fucking point?
>>
>>93413471
wow they are actually using the raft? i thought they'll just ignore it after civil war
>>
>>93417781
Thats what I was thinking.
Infinity War is gonna be the end result of the gems like, doing some stupid bullshit, and retcon a buncha things.

Amongst other things, I get this feeling Peter is gonna learn a lesson like his comic self to keep his identity a secret to keep his loved ones safe, then the gems give everyone who didn't have one amnesia, and retcon a buncha shit everyone wasnt happy with
>>
>>93417716
This Marvel Studios, Not Sony Pictures.
They are pure critic-proof kevlar.
They could make anyone they want black as long as RDJ is still Iron Man. They can make anyone Asian. They could make MJ's skin blue if they wanted to!!! They are literally invincible.
>>
>>93417349
>The fact that it will be over a decade until another possible Spider-Man reboot
Why even bother with another reboot, you know they'll repeat the same mistakes again.
>>
>>93417821
To give Bruce a happy ending. Since Bruce doesn't need to worry about protecting Gotham since they have a new Batman.

Even though he has no training whatsoever (and no, cop training doesn't count).
>>
>>93417761
Its the same fucking principle numbnuts
>>
>>93414004
Why is this news? Marvel literally rebooted the Spider-man universe with OMD to make it more in line with what movie fans recognized. Both comic companies have been doing this and its dumb as shit
>>
>>93417821
>the third movie in the trilogy
>bruce wants to fuck off with selina
there's no point
>>
>>93417879
>>93417932
>Bruce becomes Batman because his parents died
>ultimately just says fuck it and hooks up with some slut that fucked him over twice

I'm still mad. Not that Anne Hatheway isn't hot, but fucking hell.
>>
>>93417154
>Shilling an Other M apologist's opinion as if it mattered
Fuck off Bob
>>
>>93417961
Frankly I was done when they said Bruce "quit" for those few years practicing archery and pissing in jars
>>
>>93417821
Heath Ledger died and Nolan was tired of making these movies. So he decided to end it. He just wanted it to end and for it to have a semi-quasi-happy ending.

Heck, they didn't show Bab's face in The Dark Knight because they didn't know who should be the main actress to play her for future movies. Then POOF, she's forgotten. Let's move on and end this already so we can get to Green Lantern and a new cinematic universe-oh wait nevermind let's start with Superman-well we'll stick with this let's just salavage it.
>>
tfw when Stark is bigger on the poster then Parker
memewhile, is Spidey dabbing!?
>>
I would've been happy with just a black Mary Jane with her hair dyed red. But this is the worst timeline. Someone monkey pawed this shit
>>
>>93417999
>"So we'll chase him because he can take it."
>but he actually can't and quits for several years
>he quit being Batman longer than he was Batman

fucking
>>
>>93413408
>>93413471
>MJ is black
>Venom/Symbiote has nothing to do with Peter
>Black Cat has nothing to do with Peter
>Domino is a black woman with a Afro
>Kraven and Mysterio get movies without Peter
>Jlaw and Fassbender will be the main characters of Dark Phoenix movie
>Miles's Animated will probably be better and more faithful than everything else
This is the worst year.
>>
File: Amazing_Spider-Man_33.jpg (76KB, 400x612px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Spider-Man_33.jpg
76KB, 400x612px
>>93413471
>Spider-Man is resolute, so the Vulture destroys the building's support beams, trapping Spider-Man under the rubble. Spider-Man manages to wrest himself free and intercept the Vulture

That doesn't mean...
>>
>>93417789
>Poison Ivy
no pls
>>
>>93418125
Never read a Miles story, but if they can give him something good, then more power to them.

Let's just hope they give Peter something better in Homecoming 2.
>>
If this all turns out to be legit, this will be the first Spider-Man film I refuse to watch.
>>
>>93418504
If it turns out not to be true, this will be yet another MCU movie I'm not going to watch.
>>
>>93418730
You're in luck, it's true.
>>93418504
I'm sorry but I don't blame you.
>>
>>93414347
absolute delusion.
>>
>>93417385
Raimi put some kind of curse on this fucking franchise after Spider-Man 2. He couldn't make the movie he wanted, so he ensured that no one would be able to make a good Spider-Man movie again.
>>
>>93413408
>Donald Glover is Miles' uncle
Huh.
>>
File: tmp_6294wtaw34f24t2t1249002232.jpg (65KB, 560x622px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6294wtaw34f24t2t1249002232.jpg
65KB, 560x622px
I still don't trust the MJ crap until somebody reputable says it. The leaks even differ, some say "Michelle Jones", others "Michelle Johnson" like they're just making it up

There's a few articles about how in the novelization she's revealed to be Vulture's daughter, not Liz, yesterday an anon insisted it was proven false but he wouldn't post a source

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/spider-man-hoemcoming-zendaya-michelle-the-vulture-tom-holland-marvel-trailer-release-date-a7785546.html
>>
>>93413408
>>93414221

Not even a single mention of Flash's party? They just released a clip about that. These leakers should inform themselves more before making shit up
>>
>>93419854
Speaking of the party clip, some hear "MJ" named in it and think it's an easter egg

https://twitter.com/tomhupdates/status/877610961846153216

And assuming they're not imagining things (the audio is kinda messy) no, it's not Zendaya, she shows up 2 seconds later next to Peter and Ned
>>
>>93419749
well the being black doesn't make much sense, but he's disturbingly well loved by everyone and he voices gay black spiderman in his occasional appearances in the modern spiderman cartoons
I don't get why people like atlanta though, the episodes donald himself writes are pretty great comedy, but the other ones just end up being preachy messes that aren't that funny
>>
>>93413446
>Peter goes to pick up Liz and finds out that Toomes is her father.
>Adrian TOOMES is the father of Liz ALLEN
These spoilers are bullshit
>>
>>93419854
literally no one cares about poolash
>>
>>93420426
I checked the full cast on imdb and apparently there's a black woman playing "Doris Toomes", so it might be true. But that's the thing, both Liz and Michelle are listed without surnames so this supposedly means both could be Vulture's daughter. I'm still leaning towards Michelle because while Liz should have an established family she's the mystery girl of the situation, and it would work as a reveal during the movie

>>93420467
You know he's not Indian, right?
>>
File: 1497741673504.jpg (203KB, 900x1171px) Image search: [Google]
1497741673504.jpg
203KB, 900x1171px
>>93413554
I wasn't gonna see this, but now I might. Gwen has some really nice toes and I hate Tom Holland.
>>
>>93416282
I've been saying this for years.

You just can't upstage JK Simmons, and you can accept that and go in a slightly different direction with a campy, already-established actor known for being able to talk loud and look ridiculous.

Also, he can just bring back Everybody Hates Chris's Julius's frugality which was the best part of that show.

>these photos are trash, Parker! Betty put these in the trash and give the boy $20.
>what are you doing, Betty!? That's $20 worth of photos!
>P-P-P-P-PARKER

Shit writes itself.
>>
>>93417789
Matt Murdock
>>
>>93418137
That's exactly what it means.
>>
>>93419782
I read the novelization and I can confirm it's false.
>>
>>93416773
>and now when she can finally return to the big screen, she's Michelle Jones?

You're damn stupid if you think this means she won't return, if anything, this just exists so that when they dump Zendaya, they can have a more classic Mary Jane.
>>
>>93417404
Cat fans have it worse man. Even if her character is salvaged (I doubt it) she is still seen as a second rate Catwoman. Which is annoying because at the time of publishing her character was much interesting than Selina during the 80s.

In fact Selina's whole leather fetish outfit that I love was all introduced cuz of Cat.
>>
>>93422616
What?

specifically the left side of this picture.
>>
>>93418504
>you watched ASM2
>>
>>93422667
That was a different time, anon. Everyone knows things changed in the past but will now cease to ever change again away from the specific political environment I am angry about right now.
>>
>>93422215
I genuinely hope not.
>>
>>93422883
I don't know what that means. I just meant to point out that Catwoman was in the leather since the 60s.
>>
File: Mary Jane Watson.jpg (37KB, 631x314px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Jane Watson.jpg
37KB, 631x314px
>>93413471
>changing Mary Jane to a completely different name, but the same initials
For what purpose? This feels like they didn't even care about adapting the material and are just making up an entire OC donut steel cast. No one resembles their original self in this. I still can't get over them making Adrian Toomes Liz Allen's father.

Shocker gets punked by fat asian high school kid future Hobgoblin who knows Spiderman's identity and is his best friend of all people?

>>93414914
I'd like to see this happen. It's perfect.
>>
Is Michelle new to the school? How did they not know her whole name if they are friends? Or is it just a reveal to the audience?
>>
>>93416282
If you want a black JJJ...
>>
>>93422616
Say what you want, shes still a second rate Catwoman anon
>>
>>93423243
She's a loner.
>>
>>93423300
so? How many kids in your high school that you called your friends did you not know their last name? Unless it is her middle name
>>
>>93423271
>JJJ
>not Uncle Ben
come on now
>>
>>93423271
If Jonah is black, would Robbie be white?
>>
>>93423449
... Dammit. In another universe.
Isn't he a little old though?
>>
>>93423474
Remember, that's whitewashing!
>>
>>93413471
>no funeral scene
THANK GOD.Every single one of these movies has a character dying and people visiting their grave at the end. Every.Single.One. It's getting stupid.I bet that's why they let Vulture live at the end.well that and S6 of course.The movie doesn't sound good but ill give them credit for not having one of those shitty graveyard scenes
>>
>>93423667
Hey, they may not have a graveyard scene, but they have "Peter goes to a friend's house and their dad finds out he's Spider-Man" scene.
>>
>>93423691
yeah but that has happened like twice, while the one i mentioned is in every movie
>>
>>93413981
He's very fair, I actually think I agree with him. I hope the movie does still work well enough.
>>
>>93423331
Several, in fact.
>>
Why must so many people find out who Spiderman is in every single movie appearance? Keep it a rare thing so it actually is an "oh shit" moment. He might as well just be webslinging around without a mask at all at this point.
>>
>>93424014
>He might as well just be webslinging around without a mask at all at this point.

He does that in numerous scenes actually. Watch the trailer
>>
>racists still getting mad Black people are getting roles in big movies

b-but what about muh white iconic actors
I-i dont like change...wait...I d-dont like nonwhites in general they f-frighten me
>>
>>93424014
I think that's just a superhero movie, thing. Look at all of the Batman movies. The only people who don't know his identity are the villains in Batman and Robin + TDK Joker.

MAYBE Scarecrow as well, but he was part of the League of Shadows, so he could have found out in TDKR.
>>
>>93416579
Yes, Deadpool was overhyped, but more to the point, it was good for all the wrong reasons that the "critics" thought it good. Unlike... all the other Deadpool products, Fox didn't go "look at how I reference this meme" with the film, but instead gave us an alright black comedy that somehow still keeps the spirit of superhero movies and shows some surprisingly great cinematography.

I expected to hate it for obnoxious memeing, but it ended up much more genuinely heroic and inspirational than the "real" Deadpool has ever been.
>>
>>93416570
but none of those are retroactive
>>
>>93413660
>>93413584

They have to tie Spider-man to Iron Man and as many MCU concepts as possible. Since Sony owns the rights they have to make sure that they can't just take the rights back and make derivative sequels
>>
>>93417110
>Hell, I know you'd pull the same shit if they mess with Black Cat and pretend that people never talk about her.
After yesterday's "nobody remembers the X-Men nowadays" I won't be surprised by anything.
>>
>>93416842
>we have to deal

You sound like Tumblr.
>>
>>93413471
>ANOTHER red-head replaced by a black person

Holy shit. What is going on? Also, I'm laughing at all the people that swore up and down that this twist wasn't happening despite it being so fucking obvious.
>>
>>93413981
Not pulling this guy down or anything, but he's also complaining about how the movie wasn't about Peter getting his powers. That's one of the few good things they did.
>>
>>93417605
Wasn't Iris from Flash a redhead? And now she's black in the TV show?
>>
>>93416610
Feige said he wanted to put that scene in movie.
The one after the fight with Morlun
I want Morlun in the MCU
>>
>>93413408
>>93413446
>>93413471
Isn't there ONE (1) poster that excludes Iron Man?
>>
>>93417781
>>93417853
You really think they would make a Spider-Man film just so it'll be undone the next two years? Spider-Man 2 is already 2 months after Avengers 4, and GOTG 3 is coming.

You guys are retarded if you think that the whole thing will start over just because you don't like MJ being black.
>>
File: deadpool.jpg (449KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool.jpg
449KB, 1200x900px
>>93424108
>but it ended up much more genuinely heroic and inspirational than the "real" Deadpool has ever been.
Eat my ass /tv/fag
>>
>>93424730
Archie is like the only redhead adaptation that stayed a redhead
>>
>>93424884

Yes

The Ditko homage

The one where he has his school jacket over the costume

The one where he's on Avengers tower
>>
File: 1490453585888.jpg (656KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490453585888.jpg
656KB, 711x1080px
>>93424884
Of courshe
>>
>>93424730
>Wasn't Iris from Flash a redhead?

She has brown hair in the comics but was a ginger in "Young Justice", which is taken as gospel because /co/ doesn't read comics.
>>
>>93424627
But that just means that Spider-Man is a little shit out there for the fame, as Ben isn't mentioned once.
>>
Does Vulture want Peter to tell all his friends about him?
>>
boy this new iron man movie featuring spideylad sure seems fun
>>
>>93424972
>"I want to join the Avengers and use my powers to save the world!"

What a fame-hound asshole!
>>
>>93424972
Better to use Uncle Ben in a sequel, as something that is revealed in flashback during a key emotional moment.
>>
This whiny douchebag "DAAAAAAD TONY I REALLY WANNA BE AN AVENGER" Spidey is just the faithful adaption of the crappy Peter we've been getting in the comics for way too long.
>>
So was anything, anything at all, mentioned about Spidey's origin? Or does he just *happen* in this universe?
>>
>>93425713
Peter tells Ned he was bitten by a spider and that the spider is long dead.

It's the classic origin, we just don't see it.
>>
So is this 100% confirmed with proof? The source was just a reddit post wasn't it?
>>
>>93425213
So that's what they meant by most comic accurate Spider-Man. Guess they're not wrong after all.
>>
>>93425015
But he doesn't want to save the world because it's the right thing to do, he wants to be popular. That's why he was uploading videos of himself saving people on youtube. He's a virtue signaling, cocksucking, self absorbed,piece of shit bitch ass gimp!
>>
>>93426038
>But he doesn't want to save the world because it's the right thing to do

Yes, he does.

>That's why he was uploading videos of himself saving people on youtube

No, he's not. People have uploaded videos of him, however.
>>
File: ZZ79B4971E.png (486KB, 1100x466px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ79B4971E.png
486KB, 1100x466px
>>93425213
I blame Spider-Man fans so much for this. They keep infantizing Spider-Man.
>>
>You can have a new MvC game with Jedah and X
>But there will be no X-Men character in the base roster

>You can have Spider-Man in the MCU
>But MJ is a nigger

I hate Monkey's Paw.
>>
>>93426190
Blame Young-won't-rely-to-spidey-if-he-is-married Quesada for that.
>>
>>93426139>
>Yes, he does.
No he clearly doesn't. His primary motivator is becoming popular, he doesn't care about the good he does for the little people, that's why he gets mad at Tony.
He watches himself on youtube in class. Clearly he cares more about those views than his fucking school responsibilities. He's only in it to impress Tony and he fucks everything up because he's a vain little shit who need to get put back in his fucking place.
>No, he's not. People have uploaded videos of him, however.
Bullshit, Ganke knows him as "The Spider-Man from Youtube." He obviously has a fucking channel and asks people to like and subscribe to his gay ass. Face it, this is a hipster douche spiderman who only wants to be popular on social media.
>>
>>93425823
No Uncle Ben? No Power/Responsibility?
>>
File: xd6dlqvcqroy.jpg (115KB, 1226x600px) Image search: [Google]
xd6dlqvcqroy.jpg
115KB, 1226x600px
>>93426235
I blame fans who only care about "Spider-man should be funny" jackasses too.
>>
I'm honestly just happy Toomes isn't dead. He already sounds better than the vast majority of MCU villains.
>>
>>93427359
>>Toomes isn't dead
He will be soon at Keaton's age.
>>
>>93427359
He's the best MCU villain yet
>>
File: 1496331809430.jpg (15KB, 285x249px) Image search: [Google]
1496331809430.jpg
15KB, 285x249px
>>93413471
>New original character according to filmmakers
>"MJ"
I can't even tell whose retarded idea was this. Sony or Marvel. Probably Sony. I can't wait to see spiderfags defend this shit.
>>
>>93413471
>Jones

Wait a minute guys, what if we have this all wrong?

Maybe she's not Mary Jane; what if she's Angelica Jones/Firestar?
>>
>>93426038
Fuck, I hate this version even more now.

>>93427359
He's the only reason I'm half considering seeing this movie at all.
>>
>>93427979
IT had to be Sony.

I'm 95% sure Feige was like, just make her MJ. PAscal was like no, we want an OC.
>>
>>93426308
>No Uncle Ben? No Power/Responsibility?

Not directly.
>>
>>93428088
>Fuck, I hate this version even more now.

Fret not, it's not true.
>>
>>93427979
Sony said it, Marvel agreed because "We're trying to be more diverse"

Also, she's called Michelle cause "Michelle Obama". I guarantee that's why.
>>
>>93426309
>>93426190
Those are Marvel shills doing those things
>>
Pepper is the last bastion of redheads in capeshit, and even she was almost completely cut out of the universe.
>>
File: 1497885957890.jpg (50KB, 540x786px) Image search: [Google]
1497885957890.jpg
50KB, 540x786px
>>93426038
>In CW he literally says that he learned if things go bad when you could've stopped them, then it's your fault they happened
>"wooow wtf he just wants to be a youtuber then"
>>
>>93426308
Why would you want to watch the same goddamn origin story again? You know it by heart.
>>
Please tell me this is a troll.

I don't mind if Mary Jane was black but to make an OC and call her MJ is just fucking stupid.
>>
https://twitter.com/imxspidey/status/878621438542045184
>>
>>93428450
Really, that's what we've come down to, reading lips? If it's just a guessing game what about this then >>93420052
>>
>My friends call me MJ

Both the director and the actress described Michelle as a loner always making passive-aggressive comments and all, who are these friends?
>>
File: MG.png (936KB, 533x1110px) Image search: [Google]
MG.png
936KB, 533x1110px
>>93428244
Michelle is not an OC. she was Pete's roomie for a while and they had a one-night stand after May's wedding.

anyway, all of Pete's friends in the movie are fusions. flash and harry, ned and ganke and now michelle and mary jane, big whoop

I'm not sure if Liz and Betty are fusions, too
>>
>>93428625
That clip is a case of people hearing what they want to hear.
>>
>>93428757
This Michelle is NOT 616 Michelle just same first name.
>>
>>93428840
But the one of people literally guessing with no sound is realistic?
>>
>>93428722
That's the joke. Peter points out she doesn't have friends.
>>
>>93428857
Not particularly, but there's confirmation that's the scene where it happens.
>>
File: 1497486517369.jpg (6KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1497486517369.jpg
6KB, 325x325px
>>93428898
By who
>>
>>93428757
But from the sound of things, MCU Michelle doesn't seem to share anything with 616 Michelle or Mary Jane.
>>
File: Don't You Forget About Me.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
Don't You Forget About Me.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>93428757
Betty borrows from Gwen.

In fact, based on recent comments by Angourie Rice the main love triangle of MCU Spidey could be Betty/Peter/Michelle.
>>
>>93415067
I think that sounds like what they'll do to save their ass, not their initial plan.
>>
File: Ending scene.jpg (66KB, 960x459px) Image search: [Google]
Ending scene.jpg
66KB, 960x459px
>>93428919
The people who've seen it.

It goes

Cafeteria > Compund (you can see that Peter is wearing the same clothes > Home (where Aunt May finds out).
>>
>>93429033
Which gave compelling proof to distinguish themselves from all the other leakers such as...
>>
>>93429068
Plot points he shared were corrobated by people who 100% saw the movie. I know and respect that you're skeptical and liable to remain that way until hardcore evidence comes our way, but this is all shaping out to be the real deal as far as I'm concerned.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.