[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is Riri a good character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4307.jpg (612KB, 666x3072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4307.jpg
612KB, 666x3072px
So is Riri a good character?
>>
>"AYO OLD WHITE BITCH - TELL ME I CAN'T DO SUMTHIN SO THAT I'S FEELS LIKE I CAN AN' SHIEET!!!"
>>
Why is /pol/ so triggered about these pages?
>>
>FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

What did Marvel mean by this?
>>
At least the characters in the comic seem to realize she's retarded.
>>
Nope, Rhodes's niece was better character... but you know, Bendis!
>>
File: LqlUQCb.gif (673KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
LqlUQCb.gif
673KB, 500x281px
>>
Needs a version that ends in hardcore BDSM.
>>
>>93411277
They have black people in them.
Really though, this page is just saying "racism isn't as big a problem these days" really not that bad.
>>
>>93411170
Marvel has turned into one of those TV daytime soap operas where they know nobody actually watches anymore, so they fill up most of their stuff with nothing then have some shock factor every few episodes.
>>
>>93411277
Not even /pol/ but these pages are dumb as fuck
>>
>>93411794

they've always been that
>>
But this is adorable!

The old lady obviously is happy with her being whatever she wants, and says "tony stark" just because it's a ridiculous goal.

/co/ complains about a lot of stuff, but this is actually really decent.
>>
>>93411868
So /pol/
>>93411596
I think people's bigger issue is how annoying Riri is. And presumably it's supposed to be endearing rather than idiotic.
>>
>>93411928
Bendis please stop.
>>
>>93411277
Well, these pages are dumb, but /pol/ will get triggered by anything with black people in them. I don't even like Riri, but there are a lot of shit Marvel characters. I can't spend all day focusing on one.
>>
>>93411935
>So /pol/
>if you don't like this comic you're /pol/

?
>>
>oh ok, fine, you'll never be... doctor doom!
>ooh, bitch, i'm gonn-
>roof of school breaks off
>doombot kidnaps breaks her neck and flies off
>>
>>93411277
Not /pol/ but that was forced as hell. Was that really necessary?
>>
>>93411966
That's all it takes.
>>93411963
The other thread is focusing on all of Marvel's idiocy if you feel limited
>>
>>93411979
>kidnaps breaks her neck
cmon man pick one and stick with it
>>
>>93411277
Pol probably isn't even aware of this comic...

Just because people find fault in a comic that happens to feature a PoC doesn't mean they are a KKK member or a skinhead...or even Donald Trump. I'm sure it's easier to assume they are, that way you can just dismiss their opinions but it's not that simple I'm afraid.

Perhaps many of us just don't find this scene "cute." She's obviously itching for an argument, she deliberately disrupts the classroom environment in order to pick a fight. When she is instead met with reason, empathy and wisdom she pouts and gets confused. She further solicits an argument and is finally "rewarded" for her poor behavior.

The supposed hero is the least reasonable or sympathetic character in this scene. I feel more for the kids in the background that are just trying to learn.
>>
>>93411979
>>93412097
Typical Marvel writing... no editor involved!
>>
>>93411170

I'm not sure I get where people getting triggered by this are coming from. Is this really the most offensive thing you've seen in comics? Nice old lady tries to inspire some naive kid by pretending to be a crotchety-old curmudgeon and telling her she'll never be success? You know Marvel just did a storyline where the Inhumans almost genocided all mutants and they tried to liken that a peanut allergy right? There are way dumber things to cringe over.
>>
>>93412174
>>93412097
You can kidnap someone and then break their neck, did this really merit any posts about it?
>>
>>93412175
And we did.
>>
File: Amazing Fantasy 015-08_edited.jpg (278KB, 976x957px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing Fantasy 015-08_edited.jpg
278KB, 976x957px
>>93412130

yeah why would marvel have a hero that's an unlikable dick
>>
>>93412196
>did this really merit any posts about it?
does anything?
>>
>>93411881
You shitting on the Silver Age, spermsniffer?
>>
>>93412212
>does anything?
Yes.
>>
>>93412175
This is just the latest in a long line of poorly written Bendis scenes, nobody is "triggered" we just don't care for sloppy writing.
>>
>>93412219
>Yes.
ok, thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>93412202
>Post an out of context page that shows how Peter was before Ben was killed, which was the whole point of Peter becoming humbled

Are you that faggot that keeps posting Spider-Man panels completely out of context and acts like it's proof that Peter was a dick?
>>
>>93412196
I was just having a laugh!
>>
>>93411935
She's like 7 years old here, kids are dumb and annoying. She's smart but doesn't have the wisdom to go with it.
>>
>>93412264

no. i'm comparing this which is clearly Riri's origin to Peter in his origin
>>
>>93412264
>>93412290

also i assumed everyone here knew/could figure out the context of that page.
>>
>>93412249

>Nobody is "triggered"

The threads on /pol/ begged to differ.
>>
>asking /co/ why /pol/ is mad
>instead of just going to /pol/
>>
>>93412196
This whole thread is about bitching over some inconsequential fluff that doesnt matter so yeah calling out your shitty typo is perfectly in line.
>>
>>93412202
Peter acts callously, after poor treatment, and is immediately dealt the cruelest lesson he will ever learn in life. He uses this pain as the building block that will define him as a hero.

Riri acts like a spoiled brat, despite respectful treatment from her teacher, and is rewarded with the nonsense she craved. She learns nothing and continues to be rewarded at every stage of her life.

Show me the part where Riri learns a cruel lesson (or even a minor setback) following her poor behavior and I will concede.
>>
>>93412406
>shitty typo
It wasn't a typo.
>>
>>93412409

>and is rewarded with the nonsense she craved

the teacher sarcastically saying something to get her to shut up?
>>
>>93412175
It's offensive because like one anon in one of the dead threads about this said: "Her whole argument is that oppression still exists because the teacher did not oppress her which proves her point that oppression does not exist". It's dumb and arrogant to the point that any likability the character COULD have is thrown out the window.

Mutants die and come back all the fucking time. Riri is Iron Man until Marvel can't ignore the hate she gets anymore.
>>
>>93412323
You keep bringing up pol as if any of us care, we're not on pol and I prefer NOT being privy to their nonsense. You seem to have a much better idea of what's going on over there.

You sound just like Riri.

>Anyone that This comic is pol!
Actually I find fault with the heavy handed writing.
>You're not fooling me pol, you racist scum!
Here's where the writing breaksdown, it would be better if this happened. Here's a example of a better character arc.
>Back to pol
Sigh...fine whatever, keep fighting that boogeyman.
>got him!
>>
File: 1493852209967.png (1MB, 1673x976px) Image search: [Google]
1493852209967.png
1MB, 1673x976px
>>93411170
>I'm going to do the thing!
>okay that's nice dear
>NO YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TELL ME I CAN'T CUZ I'M BLACK REEEEE
What the fuck is the argument supposed to be here?
>>
>>93412548
>NO YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO TELL ME I CAN'T CUZ I'M BLACK REEEEEREEEEE
Fixed
>>
>>93412437
Are you blind or did you just skip the last few panels.

After the teacher's sarcastic comment we are shown a closeup of Riri with a smug smirk, she then accepts the remark sans-sarcasm and vows to achieve her goal in spite of what others think.

She got what she wanted.
>>
>>93412548
Oh? OH! EUREKA. I've finally done it guys, I've solved why so many anons on /co/ acts like full retards.

They are so high on acid they hallucinate bullshit to be mad about.
>>
>>93412702
But what he said is accurate.
>>
YEAH DASSSS RIIIIIIIGHT WE TAKIN' IT BAAACK
>>
>>93411277
>>93411928
>>93411963
>>93412323
>>93411935
>>93411963
It's a fairly obvious concept shoehorned into a comic supposedly aimed towards more mature (lol) audiences that beats you over the head with its somehow still poorly communicated message. If anything; bringing /pol/ into this implies that you're just as bad if not worse than they are (which we all most definitely are).
>>
>>93412702
I'm not even mad nigga. Since you seem to think you're so much smarter, what's the argument here? Why would a child intentionally bait a teacher into saying something they could be sued over for no reason other than to push some sort of fabricated bias? If the teacher never gave in would she intentionally hold herself back because no one said she couldn't achieve her dreams because of her color? Because that's retarded.
>>
There's 3 logical reasons to get involved with science and engineering.

1- curiosity
2- Altruism
3- Profit/Personal gain

Hell even becoming a mad scientist out of revenge is sometimes understandable... But doing it to spite something that hasn't even happened to you makes you absolute fucking garbage of a person
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.