[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MvCI Thread: X-Fans BTFO Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 505
Thread images: 85

File: Chun %22Babyface%22 Li.jpg (16KB, 328x327px) Image search: [Google]
Chun %22Babyface%22 Li.jpg
16KB, 328x327px
No X-Men confirmed. How could they ever recover?

>There was recently a leak about the characters, and people picked up on the fact that a lot of classic characters aren't there, specifically the X-Men characters like Magneto and Sentinel. How do you guys feel about people being hung up on that?

>Peter Rosas: If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.

>Michael Evans: The X-Men stuff, [I] can't talk to. But I do want to talk about the character-selection process because I think it's important.... Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther. You know what I mean? Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie. We're trying to take everything into account and choose the best characters.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6451133/
>>
>No X-Shits
>We get Murderfu instead
Best timeline?
>>
The absolute state of both Capcom and Marvel today.
>>
>>93404844
I fucking hate Ike
>>93404864
Shut up, Ike
>>
>>93404844
Meh I'm more excited about the Dragon Ball 3vs3 fighter by the Guilty Gear devs
>>
That's a whole lot of bullshit. People want X-men characters because they like the X-men and they're a huge part of Marvel whether Marvel wants to admit it or not.

Meanwhile Future Trunks just got announced for Fighter Z. Between him and the inevitable Piccolo I've got my team picked out so I'm gonna play that instead.
>>
>>93404844
What's their excuse for not featuring Spiderman?
>>
>>93404844
I wonder who they think is gonna buy this game. Regardless of how accessible they try to make it I don't see many Marvel fans getting into a fighting game like this just because Black Panther or Captain Marvel or Iron Man is in it, especially considering how cheap and shitty it looks visually right now.
>>
>>93404986
>Future Trunks
>Piccolo
>Gohan
Best team.
>>
>>93405006
The same people they thought would buy Dead Rising 4. Crapcom is fucked.
>>
WHY IS CHRIS REDFIELD SO UGLY???
>>
>>93404844
This is some really shitty corporate speak to cover up how terrible Marvel is treating the X-men and FF franchises right now due to the rights issues.

It's blatantly obvious that this game is just one giant MCU advertisement.

Capcom is barely interested. The low graphical quality and reused character models speak volumes.
>>
>>93404844
>Marvel being shit against Mutants again
This is why you don't deserve the movie rights back.
>>
>>93404844
>Your modern marvel fan doesn't know who Wolverine and Magneto are. But they know Carol Danvers and Dick Rider.
Nigga are you for real?
>>
Hey /co/ let's make our own X-Men dream roster. Only mutants and mutants related are allowed.
>>
>>93405007
More like Future Trunks, Piccolo, Vegeta.
>>
>>93405073
Fucking This.

Marvel Studios (Feige) is willing to behave and team up, it's Fox and Marvel Entertainment (Perlmutter) who are playing a dick-measuring contest out of spite and hate which is ruining the quality of the name, as seen with the failure of the Inhumans "Not X-Men, Honestly" Retooling.
>>
>>93404844
>If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.
Fuck off Combofiend.
>>
>>93405042
>The low graphical quality and reused character models speak volumes.

BTW

>One of the other things that I'd like you to speak to is some of the designs of the characters. What kind of stage and what level of finality are they at? The obvious one is Chun-Li, who looks really weird. Her face looks--I was like maybe she's a Skrull or something. The other one is Captain America, who is being compared to the Rob Liefeld drawing where he looks weirdly proportioned. The other thing that I noticed was visuals don't pop in the way that Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 did. Even today you see that it looks like it gleams, it shines, it looks so vibrant. Is there room for you to kind of revise the stuff and really look forward?

>Michael Evans: It's interesting to see the feedback on that kind of stuff. Not to say that the fans are wrong or nitpicking stuff like that. That feedback is coming and we're hearing that feedback and we're taking it in stride and figuring out how we can improve on things. That said, the game comes out in three months so there's gonna be things that we can do in that time remaining and things that we can't do. When it comes to the overall look of the game, I feel like when people get it in their hands and they see it in motion, they really get what we're trying to do with the cinematic look.

>Okay. So just to return to Chun-Li's face.

>Michael Evans: Haha. I knew you were gonna say that.

>Are you guys gonna look at that again, given the widespread negative response?

>Michael Evans: Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man. We're not an evil overlord company, despite the rumors. We do want to make our fans happy. Can't promise anything. We'll look into it. I believe Ono already said something about that.
>>
>The X-Men started this crossover

>MCU blandness has tooken over the roster

>Not even putting in Marvel characters that actually feel new despite having Gamora, Dyke-Carol, Black Panther and such
>>
>>93404844
Everyone involved should kill themselves
>>
>>93405093
Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Magneto because you gotta have them.
Rogue with special move steal like in Xmen vs SF
Jean, but Phoenix is a hidden boss/secret character like Akuma used to be back in the day. Like, you get all perfects in arcade/story mode and then she goes "I CAN'T CONTROL IT"
Colossus, Juggernaut and Strong Guy for grapplers.
Sentinel as a mid boss. If we do this modern story mode thing where you need disposable grunts, that's who we use as well.
Pyro for additional villain/zoning character. Iceman to balance him out and because he was one of the founding members.
X-23 as DLC/unlockable skin/voice pack for Wolverine.
Deadpool for normies. Doop for joke character.
>>
File: IMG_1886.png (107KB, 185x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1886.png
107KB, 185x200px
>>93404844
>but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther
Yeah sure

>Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie.
>mfw
>>
>>93404844
Well if Spider-Man or Wolverine aren't there thank God we at least got YAAS QUEEN!
>>
>>93405093
Cyclops
Wolverine
Magneto
Psylocke
Gambit
Rogue
Jean
Juggernaut
Deadpool
Beast
Omega Red
Storm
Sentinel
Toad
Sabretooth
Cable
Apocalypse
Angel (Death)
>>
Like you needed another excuse to not buy this game.
>>
File: Juggy.jpg (117KB, 1400x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Juggy.jpg
117KB, 1400x1524px
>>93405093
I just want him back.
>>
File: 1313372584548.jpg (215KB, 756x972px) Image search: [Google]
1313372584548.jpg
215KB, 756x972px
>Rocket looks like crap, Chun-Li/Chris/Dante look fucked up, and Cap looks inflated was a choice to make the game look "cinematic"
I can forgive at least SOME of the X-Men getting cut and other shit but this just makes me boil.
>>
>>93404986
>Meanwhile Future Trunks just got announced for Fighter Z
Who cares? Also Super made him complete fucking shit
>>
>>93405165
This shit is pure laziness.

How the hell does a game look this terrible only 3 months from release?

It's literally phone game tier...
>>
>>93404844
Based.
>>
The anti-mutant crusade ended with Ressurxion they said...
>>
>>93405280
I care more about Future Trunks than I do Carol Danvers.
>>
>i want magneto so I can tech scrubs and tell them to git gud
Fuck you capcom I just wanna play as the x-men
>>
>>93404844
Killing X-men characters from /co to /vg all to spite FOX. Wth happened this is ridiculous
>>
File: forty keks.jpg (3KB, 125x110px) Image search: [Google]
forty keks.jpg
3KB, 125x110px
>>93405165
>Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man.
They are sooooo uninterested in this shit.

>Can't promise anything. We'll look into it.
BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHHA
>>
>>93404844
The movies run everything now.
>>
>>93405280
>Who cares?
More people than those who care about most of this game's new characters.
>>
>>93405189
Add Chamber, Sunspot, Canonball, and Xorn and we have a deal.
>>
>>93405295
>Carol Danvers
Who?
>>
>>93404986
>shilling Dragon Ball
Can't we just hate the game. We don't need interns selling us other games here.
>>
File: 1497982208251.jpg (55KB, 660x468px) Image search: [Google]
1497982208251.jpg
55KB, 660x468px
>If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff. Well guess what, Nova can do the same thing, Captain Marvel can do the same thing. Ultron can do the same thing. Go ahead and try them out.
>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther.

Well that pretty much cemented my disdain towards this game and everyone involved with it.

Who here's picking up the DBZ fighting game instead? I'd love to see some movie villains like Turles and Slug get added in, but I'd be fine with the usual Tien, Kid Buu, Android 18 roster.
>>
>>93405318
Exactly.

>>93405313
I'd have Xorn as a skin for Magneto as a joke. Sell it in the same pack as Havok/Cyclops and X-23/Wolverine.
>>
>>93405312
So still not that many. Also being excited for Future Trunks being announced in a DBZ Fighting game is like being excited for Krillin.
>>
I feel I might be beating a shortsided drum but any game company hitching their wagon to Marvel after 2010 deserves the shit they get. Capcom was already screwed when Marvel put the brakes on Marvel 3 and what happened with Ultimate Alliance 2 really feels like making any long term plans with Marvel is destined to be shit
>>
File: ogre.jpg (48KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
ogre.jpg
48KB, 300x340px
>yfw Capcom will die now that they lost their get out of jail card (Monster Hunter)
>>
>>93405228
Spider-Man is in
>>
>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther.

Please tell me this nigga isn't serious.
>>
>>93405093
Magneto
Storm
Wolverine
Cyclops
Rogue
Magik
Legion
Jean
Nightcrawler
Juggernaut
Beast
Spiral
Sabretooth
Psylocke
>>
>>93405339
It's relevant. They're both character fighters but one has a visual style and roster that the fandom can get behind, being made by a developer in high regard that listens to fan input, and the other is this shit where we get told we're wrong for wanting characters we've been fans of for 20 years and "we'll totally look into it but if you buy it we're sure you'll love it as is" when we say the aesthetic is shit.
>>
>>93405356
Except Capcom doesn't give a shit given how poorly done this game looks.
>>
File: sadcyke.jpg (47KB, 299x323px) Image search: [Google]
sadcyke.jpg
47KB, 299x323px
>>93404844
>>
>>93405000

They cast a boring person for spider man? He doesnt have a movie of his own coming out? They just put iron man on his cover and sell it that way so he doesnt need to be in the game.
>>
>>93404844
I think people will just pick dragon ball or tekken over this.
>>
>>93405384
>being made by a developer in high regard that listens to fan input
>Blazblue
>Persona Arena

You ArcSys shills need to fuck off. Bad enough that we're getting bandwagoners everywhere but we don't need people shilling them like they were godsend to fighting games when most people wouldn't give them the time of day.
>>
>>93405357
souce?
>>
>>93404844
>If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things.

Yet they decided they needed fucking Spencer in the roster.
>>
>>93405356
>Implying this could be Marvel's fault and not Capcom letting FGC idiots try to do a fighting game.

It would be way too hilarious if it turned out that Capcom gave them more than enouhg resources but they spend it in dumb shit, because fuck FGC faggots
>>
>>93405313
>>93405189
>>93405231
>>93405381
>No Emma
Are you gay?
>>
>>93404844
>We need to pander to the casual normie audience
This is what comics have become /co/. The escape for outcasts is no more. This will happen to everything you care about
>>
File: intro3D_Wireframe.jpg (31KB, 370x542px) Image search: [Google]
intro3D_Wireframe.jpg
31KB, 370x542px
>>93405342
>Well that pretty much cemented my disdain towards this game and everyone involved with it.
Yeah that's such a stupid argument to make, might as well remove every marvel and capcom references from the game, have all fights play out on a blank stage, remove any sort of sound apart from attack sound effects and make the only fighter in the game a completely blank wireframe model for which you give a moveset to from a list of choices.
>>
They shouldn't have released that story mode demo. It did way more harm than good.
>>
>>93405419
Man nobody hates the fact that Capcom is shitting the bed more than me but fuck off with this "anyone that says good about something is shilling" nonsense. You've already fucked movie threads with this rhetoric.

I'll take Namco, Lab Zero, and maybe even Netherrealm (If I had to pick someone) over modern Capcom too.
>>
File: 1463099532625.jpg (96KB, 449x447px) Image search: [Google]
1463099532625.jpg
96KB, 449x447px
>>93404844

First Off:
> characters are just functions/mechanics

Second, this cross over shit BEGAN In 1996 with X-men vs Street Fighter. I don't care if you were born in the late 90's, You know who the X-Men Are. In the aughts they had movies, television shows, toys, comic books, video games. You telling me someone is walking the planet that knows of the MCU but has never seen First Class, Apocalypse, Wolverine/Logan, etc? Miss me with that shit.
>>
>>93405446
Shouldn't have wasted time trying to give it a story, it's a fucking crossover fighter. You don't need to mimic Mortal Kombat X or Injustice.
>>
>>93404844

This must be some weird backwards universe where the X-men are less popular than Guardians and BP.
>>
I never saw the appeal of fighters, so you just punch and kick the other guy until they're knocked out. Sounds boring.
>>
>>93405437
I just can't figure out how she'd play, is all.
Telepaths are hard to figure out as they're not really front line fighters, and other than the adding super armor what would you do with her diamond form?
>>
>>93405475
>and maybe even Netherrealm
They're just as bad as Capcom but at least MvCI plays functionally unlike Injustice
>>
>>93405477
Logan? Deadpool? Apocalypse? What are you talking about, man, Marvel Studios released no such films, maybe you're talking about Guardians of the Galaxy?
>>
>>93405482
The Perlmutter-verse. It also has no F4 and Spiderman is less popular than Carol Danvers.
>>
>>93405342
This "characters as functions" statement makes less and less sense the more I think about it. It makes sense if you're catering exclusively to high level FGC guys I guess but the game has been simplified and built specifically to appeal to casuals who certainly don't give a fuck about shit like that and only want to make teams of their favorite characters to play, which will probably include guys like Wolverine and Magneto. And that's not even getting into the retarded delusion that people don't know who the fucking X-men are.
>>
>>93405444
I have no idea how he could say that with a straight face when they out characters like M.O.D.O.K., Skrull, Iron Fist, and Shuma Gorath in MvC3.

When will Marvel stop being petty faggots?
>>
>>93405499
Idk maybe gave her extra resistance and turn into a heavy hitter for a while. I just want my fucking interactions with her and Scott. Specially young Scott.
>>
When will Marvel get X-Men back?
>>
I-I thought the mutant witch hunt at marvel was supposed to have ended already?
>>
>>93405480
I'm not opposed to the idea of a story mode but in execution this was all kinds of fucked up. It played out like it was written by the marketing team; just a bunch of shouting characters' names at each other punctuated by one liners. There were more load times and cutscenes than actual gameplay, the characters all look janky, the mooks died so quickly you couldn't even build the meter to see cool shit, and it ends with an unwinnable fight followed by "PREORDER FOR BONUS SKINS".

And holy shit I can't believe I ever thought Capcom could make Carol interesting. I'm convinced now it just can't be done.
>>
>>93405539
At this point I'd rather see them die than get the X-men back, they don't deserve them.
>>
>>93405503
I wouldn't necessarily agree that MvCI plays functionally, and at least NRS knows you don't put out a character fighter and leave out the characters people want.

A Vs game without any mutants would be like if they did Injustice and didn't put in any green lanterns or maybe even any batman characters.
>>
File: hello my darling.jpg (97KB, 715x800px) Image search: [Google]
hello my darling.jpg
97KB, 715x800px
>>93405557
No. Fuck you. I don't what I would do if the X-Men die.
>>
>>93405495
I never saw the appeal of racing games, so you just go faster and outrace the other guy until they are behind you. Sounds boring.
>>
>>93405582
I never got the appeal of video games, you just press buttons to see things happen on a screen. Might as well watch TV.
>>
>>93405575
I mean marvel, not the X-men as an IP.
>>
>>93405570
>I wouldn't necessarily agree that MvCI plays functionally,
Calm your fucking rage boner over your favorite X-Men not getting in and actually play the demo, it plays fine and much better than Injustice.

>and at least NRS knows you don't put out a character fighter and leave out the characters people want.

Yeah people sure did wanted Firestorm, Supergirl, Captain Cold, Gorilla Godd. Blue Beetle , Aquaman, Green Lantern right? That's why half the fucking roster in Injustice 2 are from Batman right?
>>
>>93405603
I never got the appeal of TV, you just press buttons to see people do things on a screen. Might as well read books
>>
>>93405603
I never got the appeal of watching television, you just sit around with zero intraction with the medium or plainly use it as background static. Sounds boring
>>
>>93405520
I think the delusion is more that people just don't believe the x-men are part of Marvel, just because of movies. Which is fucking stupid because I'm sure they sill have the fucking marvel logo at the beginning of the x-films.

But yeah it's mostly just press bullshit "Oh we can't actually tell people we've been banned from adding Fantastic Four or X-men in, let's give them some bullshit about how people don't know about wolverine, despite the fact he had a film out earlier this year."
>>
>>93405570
>A Vs game without any mutants would be like if they did Injustice and didn't put in any green lanterns
It just so happens that nobody gives a shit about either so that was a bad comparison.
>>
>>93405632
I never understood the appeal of reading, I mean, you just read word after word and try to follow the thought process of an imaginary person.
>>
>>93405632
I never got appeal of books, you read thing on paper to know thing happen. Might as well use brian to imagine thing.
>>
>>93405645
>I think the delusion is more that people just don't believe the x-men are part of Marvel, just because of movies.
Or maybe because people don't care about X-Men since the 90's?
>>
>>93405302
The MCU movies were the biggest monkey paw for us fans. It's success just really eventually screwed a lot of shit up.
>>
>>93405630
>Actually play the demo, it polays fine
Like I said in another post, between the absurd loading times and the fact that all you fight are training dummies, followed by a literally unwinnable fight that skips to cutscene before you can win it, there's no real way to get a feel for the gameplay.
Having said that, the FGC has already uncovered the standard broken vs shit like infinites, loops, and unblockables. But I'm sure those'll be balanced out eventually right?

>People wanting a DC game wouldn't want Green Lantern or Aquaman
Are you listening to yourself?
>>
>>93405657
I never got the appeal of imagining things, you just think about stuff that doesn't exist. Might as well cease existing
>>
>>93404844
Good.

I hope the X-men sink further into obscurity, maybe that'll teach Fox they shouldn't have kept the RIGHTS.
>>
>>93405648
Keep deluding yourself. You're clearly too busy doing so to read the rest of that sentence.
>>
>>93405349
I'm excited for Krillin.
>>
>>93405695
>Like I said in another post, between the absurd loading times and the fact that all you fight are training dummies, followed by a literally unwinnable fight that skips to cutscene before you can win it, there's no real way to get a feel for the gameplay.
There's already videos proving that you're full of shit. Shitting on MvCI isn't going to make Injustice 2 a better game or make people care about it.

>Are you listening to yourself?
Are you seriously so deluded that you believe people who bought Injustice wanted to play as Green Lantern or Aquaman? Are you actually saying this?
>>
I'd respect them a lot more if they just said "Marvel has the movie rights to these characters. They want to push them."

Just say the obvious, faggots.
>>
>>93405721
My nigga.
I hope his hit box is infuriating.
>>
>>93405712
>deluding
I'm sorry how many GL related characters are in Injustice 2 vs Batman again?
>>
>>93405672
As opposed to caring about who, Iron Man? Carol?
>>
>>93405762

GL no, but Aquaman?

Yes.
Also cementing the fact that he's egregiously top-tier right now.
>>
>>93405770
They probably want to but Marvel doesn't want them to.
>>
File: 471453687.jpg (45KB, 338x507px) Image search: [Google]
471453687.jpg
45KB, 338x507px
>>93405520
They're a household name like Spider-Man at this point.>>93405762
>Are you seriously so deluded that you believe people who bought Injustice wanted to play as Green Lantern or Aquaman?
>>
File: notwrong.png (220KB, 1010x583px) Image search: [Google]
notwrong.png
220KB, 1010x583px
>>93404844
He's not wrong.
>>
>>93405762
>People care about Carol Danvers and Nova more than they do Green Lantern or Aquaman and if you disagree with that you're a shill.

The funniest thing is that I've never even played either injustice but from the rosters alone I'd be more inclined to than this trainwreck.
>>
>If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff.

Character selection doesn't matter for a crossover series? By this point, I practically want to see this game fail.
>>
>>93405796

Marvel needs to quit pretending.

Everyone and their grandmother is aware of it.

Just say it god damn it.
>>
>>93405790
>Iron Man
Currently the most popular Marvel character next to Spider-Man?
>Carol
Gotta start pushing her now.
>>93405794
>Also cementing the fact that he's egregiously top-tier right now.
Which means fucking nothing
>>
>>93405833
This. Fuck them.
>>
>>93405788
Technically 4.
Atrocitus, Dex-Starr, Hal, and John. I suspect Sinestro will be back in some form as well down the line.
>>
>>93405762
I wanted to play as GL and aquaman, i wanted more GL and aquaman characters, i also pull both their comics. You have to be a class A retard to think anyone interested in a DC fighting game wouldnt be interested in them, its like making a modern marvel game without Thor or Hulk
>>
>>93405810
Shhhh....let /co/ live in their delusion that X-Men are still relevant and are the most popualr characters in Marvel's catalog
>>
>>93405863
>>93405806
Congratulations! You're in the vast minority
>>
File: 1477797442113.jpg (13KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1477797442113.jpg
13KB, 407x482px
>>93404844
>tfw everyone but shills are already losing all interest for this shitty game
good
>>
>"If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things. Magneto, case and point, is a favorite because he has eight-way dash and he's really fast, right? So our more technical players, all they want to do is triangle jump and that kind of stuff."

Let's make an actual triangle a character. Could also add the photo of developer's mother as a character. Maybe a wojak? I mean, who cares who they are if they can do the triangle jump, amirite?
>>
>>93405844

>Which means fucking nothing

To me it does.
Also, Black Manta (and Mera???) is coming so I'm hype for that too.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
Come on guys. This game isn't even that old and the roster's great.

How'd you fall so hard?
>>
>>93405863
>its like making a modern marvel game without Thor or Hulk
Or without Wolverine. Oh...wait...
>>
>>93405888
So where's the statistics you took at, fag?

I want to see citation for these bold claims you're making.
>>
File: 1468549833851.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1468549833851.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>That big industry changing announcement today were just covers for their latest relaunch
>This PR disaster about mahvel
Jesus christ just kill me already, I can't stand seeing this stupidity.
>>
>>93405888
You wish, take a look at the comic numbers, anyone actually supporting these characters arnt reading iron man or captian marvel
>>
>>93405905
>Also, Black Manta (and Mera???)
Can't wait for character skins too!
>>
>>93405927
To be fair the Iron Man comic isn't even about Iron Man and even in this thread nobody shilling MvCI is trying to claim people care about Carol, just that she's a necessary evil being forced down our collective gullets.
>>
>>93405909
At this point, it just seems everyone who made the game are fucking retards, but then again, this is what happens when letting FGC fags do a game.
>>
File: faggot.gif (3MB, 375x250px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
3MB, 375x250px
>>93405927
>comic numbers
>>
MCU was a mistake.
>>
>>93404844
>pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie
I can feel my soul dry heaving at this fucking sentence, if you're gonna sell he, sell her as a compelling character not as a fucking token female.
>>
>>93405939
How do those skins work? Do you have to buy them separately like Black Panther's gonna be or can you at least unlock them with fight money?
>>
Is Doom being ignored too? I think I read somewhere that Marvel doesn't own Fantastic Four.
>>
File: dragon-ball-fighterz-goku.png (2MB, 1282x716px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-ball-fighterz-goku.png
2MB, 1282x716px
Well now that MvsCI is dead who DB FighterZ here?
>>
>>93405963
Oh look someone who doesnt read or support comics on a comic board, your opinion doesnt matter
>>
>>93405927
>comic numbers
That's cute now how about using a statistics that actually makes money?
>>
>>93405984
Yeah he's also being ignored. F4 characters aren't used because they don't have the movie rights for them just like with the X-men.
>>
>>93406020
Bout Venom?
>>
>>93406001
DC made more money with man of steel and BVS even though they were shit than iroman and captian america, that good enough for you? Aweful lot of people here talkin shit who dont actually read or support comics, this place has gone to shit
>>
>>93406033
Leak had him as DLC.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>93405981
You have to purchase the ticket to unlock Black Manta wear in Multiverse mode which plays exactly like Aquaman and since Phil Lamar is already voicing him the switch to Black Manta won't seem as jarring
>>
>>93405996
>/a/
We're talking about /co/'s shit here.
>>
>>93406062
I thought this was a /v/ thread.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (38KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
38KB, 600x448px
>>93406035
>DC made more money with man of steel and BVS even though they were shit than iroman and captian america,
>>
Sad state of affairs when they can't even get MvC right. Without the movies Marlel would be toast.
>>
>>93405006
>I wonder who they think is gonna buy this game
Kids
>>
I wonder if Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was the work of a monkey's paw. I can imagine the wish went like this
>I want a new marvel vs capcom game
and this steaming pile of shit is what we ended up with.
>>
>>93404844
>No X-Men confirmed
awesome now I don't have to buy it
>>
>>93406074
You wanted money examples and i gave them, you havent given a single shred of evidence to support your claim, you just shill for marvel games no one cares about due to pushing shit characters, excluding great ones and not giving a fuck about how it looks
>>
>>93406121
>You wanted money examples and I pulled shit out my ass

Okay?
>>
>>93405190
>Yeah sure
um ooga chaka and that bad ass teaser says yeah they do
>>
>>93406062
Dragon Ball is honorary /co/
>>
>>93406097
Lego, Nintendoshit, PC indies that have Lets Players covering them, COD, Skylanders, Minecraft.
>>
>>93406121
But why are you getting irritated over this? People take vidya way too seriously these days.
>>
This game will fail... and the X-Men DLC will save it lol
>>
>>93405480
Injustice's story ruined it for me. I don't care about the grim dark story and Fascist Superman.
>>
>>93406146
A simple google will show the same results, want me to feed you and wipe your ass for you to?
>>
File: 21.jpg (14KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
14KB, 540x405px
>More Carol pushing
STOP. LITERALLY NO ONE LIKES HER!
>>
>>93405342
no Hercule no buy
>>
>>93406169
Neither did I but I was just saying that a crossover game has more excuses to not require a story since that would just lead in most scenarios to a stupid as fuck plot.
>>
>>93406056
The heck are you on about? Manta's silhouette is a separate space on the select screen with the other future DLC fighters.

>>93405981
The premier skins are fully voiced with new dialogue and technically unlockable with earnable in game currency but it takes awhile to get enough for all of them that are currently in the game. The full new DLC characters have to be bought though.
>>
>>93406168
>DLC saving a game
has this ever happened?
>>
>>93405480
>>93406169
But injustice sold more than MvC3 mainly because it had a story mode.
>>
>>93406172
He obviously does, so stop responding to an obvious shitposter you fucking retard.
>>
>>93405444
It's a fucking baffling and retarded thing to say especially for a game like MvC where fanservice is a major draw. I mean do they honestly think people would be satisfied with getting the movesets without the characters?
>>
>>93406167
To be honest, I don't know, his lack of replies shows that no one else takes him seriously and i took the bait, im just having a rough day i think
>>
>>93406172
>Nothing

I'll take this as a concession then
>>
>>93405706
>0.75 has been deposited into your account
>>
>>93405956
>FGC fags do a game
you sure about that? I'm positive this game is just a means to push movies(characters) then an actual game.
>>
>>93406190
I pray every night for him to make the cut.
>>
>>93404844
Intern here, they trying to get a xmen DLC going. Started out as cut content but adding few for post release DLC.

Story wise they just show up in the back ground. Wolverine looks too modern.
>>
>>93405810

R-Rated movies perform weaker than Their pg13 equivalents
>>
>>93405165
I feel bad for the developers. They have a roster forced on them by Marvel and a timetable forced on them likely by Marvel as well. hey're forced to try and make a game in a short time period and with likely little budget. It's likely why there's so many random MvC3 holdovers: less work for them to do.
>>
>>93406278
>Deadpool
>>
>>93405189
>X-23 as DLC/unlockable skin/voice pack for Wolverine.
>Not a separate character with different move sets.

What is wrong with you?
>>
File: KILL ME ALREADY.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
KILL ME ALREADY.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>THAT WHOLE ENTIRE INTERVIEW

At this point I don't want any more vs Capcom Games from them anymore after this AND SFxTK
>>
>Disney forces Capcom to cripple their game
How are X-Men fans BTFO by this?
>>
>>93406311
Guardians 2 already made significantly more money than Deadpool
>>
File: IMG_0525.jpg (34KB, 262x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.jpg
34KB, 262x255px
>>93404844
>Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie.

I hate this so much.
>>
>>93406350
Disney didn't do jackshit anon, it was Marvel shooting themselves in the foot as usual.
>>
Why not just add Inhumans that have the same powers as Wolverine/Storm/Magneto ect.? Like aren't Inhumans made specifically to replace mutants?
>>
>>93406281
I don't even get why this seems so cheaply made to begin with. Could Disney really not afford to toss a couple more bucks their way to make this not look like garbage? I mean they're representing their IPs here, it's in their best interest as well as Capcom's for this to look good.
>>
>>93406281
>>93406281
>I feel bad for the developers. They have a roster forced on them by Marvel and a timetable forced on them likely by Marvel as well.
I dunno about you, but it also feels like Capcom would be at fault there since gaming companies (and especially Capcom) usually treat their franchises like shit if PR stuff happens or they don't sell as good as before.
>It's likely why there's so many random MvC3 holdovers: less work for them to do.

Now this is what worries me, how many years it took MvC to completion from when it was first announced? If those assets were redone with whatever new system did theu use, it would make sense why did they are taking long, but if not, this would be NMS's story all over again.
>>
File: kys.gif (167KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
kys.gif
167KB, 500x244px
>>93406381
>Why not just add Inhumans
>>
>>93406389
They could give two-shits about this game. They were probably looped into this because Capcom wanted to make it.

I couldn't blame them as fighting games don't a whole lotta cash except maybe NRS ones.
>>
File: IMG_3275.png (92KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3275.png
92KB, 499x499px
>Injustice 2 is including the characters people like without overtly pushing characters nobody cares about like Captain Marvel
>Dragon Ball Fighter Z is bringing the 3v3 tag gameplay Capcom abandoned because they thought casuals would feel intimidated by it
>tfw both games are probably going to outsell MvCI
>>
>>93406381
Probably because the X-men have decades of fond memories and great stories attached to them while the inhumans are a literal corporate device to kill the characters everyone actually likes out of spite.
>>
>>93406242
This. FGC fags like the x-men in the vs games that they even snuck references into Skullgirls, which has nothing to do with Marvel at all.

This is the suits pushing future MCU shit and Carol even though nobody's asking for it.
>>
File: notwrong2.png (234KB, 921x844px) Image search: [Google]
notwrong2.png
234KB, 921x844px
>>93406278
fine fine, there you go
>>
File: 3-5.png (151KB, 621x374px) Image search: [Google]
3-5.png
151KB, 621x374px
>>93406440
>Goku: DBFighterZ
>Zamasu: MvsC Infinite
>>
File: 1493319781214.png (455KB, 810x688px) Image search: [Google]
1493319781214.png
455KB, 810x688px
>>93406440
>Injustice 2 is including the characters people like
Just like MvCI, it even has a shitty story mode only it doesn't play as shit as Injustice
>>
>>93406450
You mean nu-humans, right? Inhumans are older than X-Men yet those guys were involved in more cosmic stuff, it wasn't until Ike the Kike went idiotic with that rivalry with Fox
>>
>>93406248
>>93406190
>His projectiles and specials are all as strong as regular attacks because they're all just regular attacks with more pomp
>>
>>93405520
>It makes sense if you're catering exclusively to high level FGC guys
The thing is plenty of FGC guys pick characters because they like them, not because of function. Wong won fucking Evo a few years ago out of loyalty to his Storm/Wolverine/Akuma team because he liked the characters and team despite the fact they were lower tier in Ultimate. Function's one part but even top tier players pick characters and use them because they like them.
>>
>>93406440
You're fucking delusional if you think DBFZ is going to outsell MvCI. Its a fucking anime fighter
>>
>>93406489
Duck off shill, where's the X-Men? deadpool? Venom, Songbird and Black Panther in base roster? FF characters along with Doom?

Only thing you could justifiably shit on Injustice is treating MM like shit yet again.
>>
>>93405436
>Capcom letting FGC idiots try to do a fighting game.

No one was rushing SFV out but capcom in time for pro tour. We could have taken 1 more year of USFIV
>>
>>93406338
I have a good memory.
I mained X-23 in MvC3 (along with Taskmaster and Hulk) but I remember tons of people pissing and moaning about clone characters and a waste of a slot. So I figure that's a way to appease people.

The alternative that occured to me after clicking submit, however, would be a "New X-men" DLC pack that would have Laura with a unique moveset, Surge, Rockslide, and Dust. Or maybe Anole because Dust seems like a character that'd cause a lot of slowdown with all the particle physics.
>>
>>93405866
>An R-Rated AU movie made hundreds of millions of dollars and was a financial and critical success
>People aren't interested in this character
fuck you got me 10/10 bait
>>
>>93406537
It's one of if not the most famous anime of all time and it's being made by an actual fighting game dev. It got a lot of good press at E3 while pretty much everyone is shitting all over MvCI. It wouldn't really be hard for DBFZ to outdo this shitshow.
>>
File: 1496345818187.jpg (28KB, 337x297px) Image search: [Google]
1496345818187.jpg
28KB, 337x297px
>>93406548
>People don't like Iron-Man
>People don't like Captain America
>People don't like Thor
>People don't like Rocket
>HURRR WHERE'S MY OBSURE X-MEN CHARACTER #6235473829?!
>>
>>93406537
>implying DBZ isn't as well known with normies as Marvel is
>>
>>93406397
>Now this is what worries me, how many years it took MvC to completion from when it was first announced?
IIRC MAHVEL 3 had been in development for like two years before it was even announced.
>>
>>93406537
Dragon Ball's one of the most revered franchises in history and the new game's banking heavily on all the things fans love about it. MvCI is like a fart in an elevator.
>>
>>93406489
Who did Injustice 2 fail to include?
Because I got a long ass list of characters MvCI is missing.
>>
>>93406537
Looks like a standard 2d fighter to me. Anime fighters are third person over the shoulder cameras.
>>
>>93406597
Yeah because Liefielded Cap, Disney cartoon jackass Thor and MCU Rocket with throat cancer and tacked on Groot is what everyone wants right?

Fuck off you stupid jackas, Salad will never love you and Capcom gives two shits about you.
>>
>>93405281
Why does everything about his game look like a free to play Iphone game?
>>
>>93406624
>Who did Injustice 2 fail to include?
Booster Gold
>>
File: IMG_3278.jpg (41KB, 480x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3278.jpg
41KB, 480x394px
>>93406489
>no X-Men because MCU
>no Fantastic Four characters like Doom and Super Skrull
>Captain Marvel
>Gamora
Versus
>Captain Cold
>Gorilla Grodd
>Swamp Thing
>Doctor Fate
>Red Hood
>Starfire and Atom on the way

I'd say NRS is doing a better job of having characters people actually want than Capcom since they're not omitting fan favorites to shill movies.
>>
>>93406570
X-23 was put in to promote the new solo run they gave her. Personally I never liked her.
>>
>>93406622
Yeah the game even focuses on the DBZ era which was its peak in terms of popularity. I doubt that anything from Super apart from Frieza's gold form (which has already been confirmed) and possibly Beerus would make the cut since the roster will probably be smaller than usual.
>>
>>93406624
Not that guy but MMH, Sinestro and Lex are fairly glaring omissions. Roster is still great overall but I think those three being back would have made it perfect for me.
>>
So why is Gamora playable and not Starlord? Also why is she so ugly?
>>
>>93406680
the jews
>>
>>93406654
....You know what? Okay, yeah. Fair enough.
Still, that's just one.
>>
File: header.jpg?t=1478671620.jpg (84KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1478671620.jpg
84KB, 460x215px
>>93406631
>Anime fighters are third person over the shoulder cameras.
Go be stupid somewhere else
>>
>>93406654
But Hal Jordan made it into the game.
>>
File: gok.jpg (74KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
gok.jpg
74KB, 680x510px
>>93405996
>>
>>93406680
They forgot they needed more than 3 female characters.
>>
>>93406347

SFxTK was good after the last patch it's just that the game was badmouthed so much before that that it ended up dying.
>>
>>93406598
Really Normies are going to buy this ugly fighting game because it said Marvel on it?
I mean you're probably right.
I mean Marvel inculsion is keeping that Disney Skylanders rip off going strong.
And Everyone is still talking about that Guardians of the Galaxy point and click game.
>>
>>93406622
>Dragon Ball's one of the most revered franchises in history and the new game's banking heavily on all the things fans love about it.
And it'll still sell less than MvCI due to limited appeal
>>
File: bugsdrunk.jpg (54KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
bugsdrunk.jpg
54KB, 720x540px
At this point, I'm gonna Root them to Make this game a bigger failure than Street Fighter V.

>>93406489
Hey at least Netherrealm didn't turn Injustice into a DCEU shill fest.
>>
>>93406696
Marvel is anime too
>>
>>93406380
Marvel is Disney you retard
>>
>>93406721
X-men has more than enough popular female characters to spare for that.
>>
>>93406728
>didn't turn Injustice into a DCEU shill fest.
Only because the DCEU is still too young and underdeveloped. Once it starts to pick up you damn well know DC will shill the fuck out of it through other media.
>>
>>93406585
>>93406598
>>93406622
>>>93406633
>ALL DIS DELUSION
>>
>>93406728
I feel like they got the balance right with Injustice. I would've like power armour Lex, but putting in Grodd and Captain Cold when they didn't have to was really nice. I wish Firestorm was just called Nuclear Man though.
>>
File: 1408783701904.png (150KB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
1408783701904.png
150KB, 490x360px
>>93404844
>Michael Evans: The X-Men stuff, [I] can't talk to. But I do want to talk about the character-selection process because I think it's important.... Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther. You know what I mean? Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie.
Confirmation this game is just a vehicle for the MCU.
>>
>>93406633
>Yeah because Liefielded Cap, Disney cartoon jackass Thor and MCU Rocket with throat cancer and tacked on Groot is what everyone wants right?
Yes? Just like people bought EVERYONE IS OUT OF CHARACTER the game because that clown chick from that movie was in it.
>>
>>93406780
>>93406728

It's batwanking at this point because of Joker's unnecessary return and inclusion of Red Hood.

They'd have to include more WW chars to make it a something from the DCEU people care about
>>
>>93406662
>Captain Cold
>Gorilla Grodd
>Swamp Thing
>Doctor Fate
Who?
>>
>>93406662
>no X-Men because MCU
And?
>no Fantastic Four characters like Doom and Super Skrull
And?
>Captain Marvel
>Gamora
Two popular female characters? Why not ask why Supergirl is in Injustice then
>>
File: IMG_3256.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3256.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>93406597
>no Wolverine
>no Magneto
>no Doom
>no DEADPOOL

>>93406726
>I mean Marvel inculsion is keeping that Disney Skylanders rip off going strong.

Disney Infinity was canned last year and its servers were shut down
>>
>>93404917
Ditto.
Disney needs to resolve this fucking fox problem... because fuck this current inter-company crisis.
>>
File: INJUSTICE-2-HARLEY-QUINN.jpg (270KB, 1160x653px) Image search: [Google]
INJUSTICE-2-HARLEY-QUINN.jpg
270KB, 1160x653px
>>93406728
>Hey at least Netherrealm didn't turn Injustice into a DCEU shill fest.
>>
>>93406815
>It's batwanking at this point because of Joker's unnecessary return and inclusion of Red Hood.
DC is BATWANKING the company anon.
>>
>>93406728
It actually did tho

>>93406892
this Fox needs to give the rights back

Someone start a Change.org petition
>>
>>93406812
Sure, that's why it's successful. It's not because they gave the game an actual budget and effort or anything like that.
>>
>>93406812
The people who don't like the story obviously didn't buy it, but you appreciate the character interactions and highly attractive designs and animations. Sure it's still inferior to MvC3 but IJ2 really picked it up after how fucking ugly IJ1 was.
>>
Here's hoping it bombs and we never get another MVC game ever again.

Better yet, no Vs. game ever again. Capcom doesn't care about their actually good characters anymore.
>>
>>93405042
100% this. Marvel is using Capcom to shill for their Cinematic Universe, while neglecting properties they don't own the movie rights to, like Fantastic Four, and X-Men.
>>
>>93406900
>just a costume is the same are just using characters from films/future films
>>
>>93406900
She was a popular character before SS and was in the first one too, why wouldn't she be back? If you're gonna make that argument at least post somebody that it make sense for like Deadshot.
>>
>>93406858
Widow's more popular than Gamora, though.
>>
>>93406961
>why wouldn't she be back?
Where's Dick and Raven then?
>>
>>93406486
>completely comparable numbers on both sides, Guardians only making like 5% more total, X-men did better over seas world wide (which considering this is made by a japanese company means something)

How does that at all prove the point that X-men are far less recognizable from MCU characters?
>>
>>93406992
Dick is dead and Raven kinda lost her powers.
>>
File: 1475701080952.png (307KB, 355x412px) Image search: [Google]
1475701080952.png
307KB, 355x412px
>>93404844
>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters
>This on the same day they announce LEGACY COVERS wherein a bunch of iconic X-men covers are given homages on Non X-men related books

I am literally losing my sides.
>>
>>93406992
Dead and ugly.
>>
Goddamnit. Wish I was into DBZ more so I can pick up the new fighter.

Eh, may as well wait for Arcsys to make a new Jojo fighter instead. Or the upcoming Guilty Gear and BlazBlue crossover or Persona 5 Arena.
>>
>>93406992
Damian has gear that allow you to use Dick stick.
>>
File: Cinematic.png (641KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Cinematic.png
641KB, 800x450px
>>93406900
Red+Blue > Red+Black
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>93407008
>>93407013
>Dick is dead
So is Joker.
>>
No X-Men, no Phoenix Wright, PR dev outright says "fans are wrong, you're gonna love Carol instead of Magneto because she is the one Marvel wants to push before the movie!"

Dead on arrival.
>>
>>93407034
kys
>>
>>93404844
>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters,

Look I know people want to forget X-Men Apocalypse but I'm pretty sure that was made in recent history.
>>
>>93406911
You can argue that if the DCEU might actually stop DC's batwanking thanks to the success of Wonder Woman. I bet in Injustice 3 WW will have like 4 characters from her series.
>>
>>93407037
alucination by scarecrow gas.
>>
File: 1523071-doomvsmagneto01svtu14.jpg (269KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
1523071-doomvsmagneto01svtu14.jpg
269KB, 1024x764px
Jokes on you, I play as the CHARACTERS I like, not the ones who are the most powerful or easiest to use.

If Doom is not present I will be maining Thanos instead.
>>
File: 1479086799594.gif (2MB, 180x205px) Image search: [Google]
1479086799594.gif
2MB, 180x205px
>>93407074
>One movie will completely change the company's tide
>>
>>93407001
this was three yearas ago

and this was the established 20+ years 90s superstars the X-Men in their 5th movie with their most iconic movie team in their most iconic story

vs

a bunch of literally whos from a cancelled book with barely any star power in their first movie
>>
>>93406858
Comparing Supergirl, a longtime staple of female characters in DC, to Gamora and Captain Marvel is laughable.

Gamora only became a thing because of the GOTG movie and nobody likes Carol as Captain Marvel.
>>
File: 1498245717909.gif (4MB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1498245717909.gif
4MB, 500x373px
Leave marvel to me.
>>
>>93407111

What about Batman's movies?
>>
>>93406504
>Inhumans are older than X-Men
>older
that post gave me a cancer
>>
>>93407166
Batwanking has been a thing before his movies. He's always been an extremely popular character for DC
>>
>Can't even add interesting characters you have the rights for
Come on Marvel, you can't have Thanos without Adam Warlock.
>>
File: IMG_3295.png (716KB, 480x1185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3295.png
716KB, 480x1185px
>>93407111
More like 2-3 will.
>>
>>93407152

Sucks that DC is stuck with the Mortal Kombat guys and no way in hell should Marvel make another fighting game, thus Arcsys probably won't be able to make a comic-based fighter unless maybe My Hero Academia.
>>
>>93407149
>Gamora only became a thing because of the GOTG movie and nobody likes Carol as Captain Marvel.
How to spot a newfag
>>
>>93407063
It wasn't even a bad movie. It was certainly better that civil skirmish
>>
>>93407216
>unless maybe Jojo
FTFY
>>
File: you.jpg (155KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
155KB, 466x379px
>>93407241
>>
File: 1496249402905.jpg (38KB, 220x382px) Image search: [Google]
1496249402905.jpg
38KB, 220x382px
>>93404844
>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters
>>
>>93407245

I heard they may have to wait on Jojo since the last fighters apparently bombed.

Eh, we'll see how the situation is when Part 5 gets an anime.
>>
>>93407152

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Koy021veA
>>
It's not even a numbered game, so clearly Capcom knew something was up.
>>
>>93407293
Didn't that last one bomb because they went full retard and went from 2d anime fighter to some weird 3d tag-team setup?
>>
File: 1497780344377.jpg (37KB, 448x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497780344377.jpg
37KB, 448x500px
This is the exact same type of shit Capcom would tell people leading up to SFV's launch.

Please don't support this fucking game.
>>
>>93405102
literally the best characters in the franchise
>>
File: 1497110790672.png (115KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1497110790672.png
115KB, 500x496px
>>93404986
>Know Mirai Gohan w/ one arm won't make it in
>still hope
M-Maybe he'll be a DLC
>>
>>93406311
Deadpool is the second highest grossing rated R movie of all time. Rated R movies rarely make the kinds of money PG-13 movies make sheerly because of the more limited audience.
>>
>>93404844
This is why their shitty game was immediately upstaged by a 30 year old anime.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uADH1sT-Uzg

Dragon Dragon Rock The Dragon
>>
>>93407334
Yes
>>
File: 1498022858191.jpg (76KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1498022858191.jpg
76KB, 900x675px
>>93404844

I don't see what anyone honestly expected after the SFV shitshow among other things from the last gen. Modern Capcom is a joke and they'll never be close to the old glory days again.
>>
>>93407074
Yeah, all those great Wonder Woman supporting characters and villains such as ___________.
>>
>>93407860
Well the last game had Ares, so if they bring him back and add Cheetah, then they're already almost there.
Who supporting character-wise could they add? Steve? Donna? Cassie? Maybe go out of left field and bring in Lyta?
>>
>>93407860
The dude that mansplains when WW whipped and punched him.
>>
>>93407860
Silver Swan, Dr. Psycho, Circe, etc.

I'd fuckin' love it if we could get Egg Fu in a game.
>>
>>93407368

I can't believe some people still wish for a new Rival Schools or Darkstalkers handled by Capcom after SFV and what we've seen of MVCI.

I know people are jumping on the bandwagon since the DBZ game was shown, but at the first glimpse of GG Xrd I could only think of how great a Darkstalkers game would be in that style. Too bad we'll never see it.
>>
>>93405297
>to spite Fox
Are you sure this wasn't Fox's doing as well?
>>
>>93405526
MODOK was a Capcom pick. I remember reading an article that said they chose him because they liked his colours, and shape, or something really bizarre.
>>
>>93407994
I doubt they could block the inclusion of X-Men characters in video games, when they only hold the movie rights if that's what you're implying.
>>
>>93407994
Marvel has been shitting on X-Men for quite a while now. Highly, highly doubt it's anything to do with Fox and more from Disney trying to not promote X-Men while they still have the license.
>>
>>93408052
>>93408057
Which doesn't make any sense lately as they're starting to include X-men shit in their mobile games and more comics.
>>
File: 1358028196419.jpg (30KB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
1358028196419.jpg
30KB, 319x240px
>>93404844
>politician answer for the lack of X-Men
>that almost disrespectful and unabashed reason for including Carol
fuck both companies
>>
>>93405426
MonHun is a handheld franchise, their best selling non-handheld game only sold 1M in the Wii, the best selling console of it's generation and top 3 or so of all time.
The new MonHun is not in handhelds, it's PS4 and XBone which put together have like half the Wii's sales.

SFV was a commercial failure and MvCI is looking to follow suit.

Capcom is fucked.
>>
File: Be careful what you wish for.jpg (17KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Be careful what you wish for.jpg
17KB, 300x225px
Well look on the Bright side.

The Mega Man Characters are getting better treatment this time!
>>
>>93406858
what a faggot shill. Hillarious
>>
>>93407222
but he is right? Fuck your are shilling hard.
>>
>Gamora but no fucking STARLORD.
>>
>>93405280
It's Z Future Trunks, not Super Future Trunks, which is why its good.
>>
File: download.jpg (15KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15KB, 225x225px
>>93405909
>Shuma Gorath
>MODOK
>Ghost Rider
>All the X-Men
>She Hulk
>Kl'rt
>Taskmaster
>Viewtiful Joe
>Amaterasu
>Phoenix Wright
>Hsien-Ko
>Trish
It just hit me how badly I miss all these guys. I have no idea how they could seriously fuck up so hard with Infinite after the previous game had such an awesome roster.
>>
File: Rocket Punch.png (637KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket Punch.png
637KB, 1000x1000px
>>93404986
>Future Trunks
>Piccolo
That's 2/3s of my squad right there, but they're a given. It's my man Android 16 that's got me worried
>>
>>93405301
that basically means, we really hope you do not keep bringing this up after launch, until they say they have plans theya re not fixing shit
>>
>>93406181
That's the reason why they're pushing her and they would not stop until you all love her, and when you do, they will push her more because she will be well loved by her fans.

That's how it works.
>>
>>93405294
To be fair this game has been developing before that. I suspect if development had started more recently we'd be getting X-Men, but this shit was started when Marvel was in full arrogance mode.
>>
>>93409073

IMHO, UMvC3 roster isn't that great. It's better than this shitshow, yes but honestly I would change a few.
>>
>>93408658
If this doesn't sell well what will happen to them?
>>
>>93405495
You could literally dumb down any genre to an opinion this retarded
>>
File: 1453657879336.jpg (6KB, 210x195px) Image search: [Google]
1453657879336.jpg
6KB, 210x195px
>>93404844
>every single word of that
But especially
But again
>every single word of that

Holy mother of God, I hope this flops Spectacularly
>>
>>93409457
>>
>>93407222
>He thinks cosmic marvel was a "thing" before Guardians of the Meme.
good=/=popular.
>>
>>93405770
There's no way they're allowed to say that
>>
>>93407222
Are you butthurt that DnA never sold as much as Bendis and the movie still?
>>
>>93405909
MvC3 truly was a gem.

I still have some hope that Infinite will be fun, but I don't think there's any way it will compare at this point.
>>
Meh, Venom is in. Thats all I ever cared about in regards to the Marvel side.

But the rest...every day it just gets worse and worse.
>>
File: Group Hug.jpg (204KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
Group Hug.jpg
204KB, 608x800px
>>93404844
>X finally gets into MvC
>it's shit

Being X is suffering.
>>
File: LET ME TAKE YOU ON A RIDE.png (524KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
LET ME TAKE YOU ON A RIDE.png
524KB, 640x480px
>>93405909
People used to shit on it because they removed Venom and Megaman but I always thought it was good from the start
>Phoenix Wright
>Phoenix
>Amaterasu
>Wesker
>Viewtiful Joe
>Dormammu
>Tankmaster
>Dragonfist
Shit was cash as fuck.

Although for being fair MvC2 to 3 was a downgrade as bad as 3 to MvCI
>>
>>93404844
why did they make Chun Li ugly?
>>
>>93405996
This game looks fucking amazing but it's getting real old how people are shilling it every MvCI thread

Like, I get why, but it's just so tiring/predictable at this point
>>
>>93409546
oh god, that's the Megaman cartoon that Disney is shilling?
>>
>>93408658
no just the X characters, all the other mega man fans are pissed that 3 slots went to fucking x reps
>>
>>93409761
Nothing will ever beat MvC2, especially not the ugly 2.5d shit that's come to typify the series/ Capcom fighters in general.
>>
>>93409799
The show is on Cartoon Network.

Expect it to move to boomerang after the 1st season.
>>
>>93409799
that was a fake rumor, its airing on cartoon network and with people commenting on how shit cap looks that rumor was dead as soon as it was posted
>>
>>93404844
Its not like everyone who had been paying attention to Marvel for the last few years hasn't known that they're trying to not acknowledge the X-men or FF. Even when the game was first rumored most people assumed that there wouldn't be any Fox-related characters.
>>
>>93409841

>implying it gets more than one season

Unless by some miracle they love it overseas, this thing is dying a quick, well-deserved death.
>>
>>93404844
Take a look at OP's pic.

The characters who are not in this shit show are the lucky ones.
>>
File: 1487990887161.jpg (57KB, 316x216px) Image search: [Google]
1487990887161.jpg
57KB, 316x216px
>no X-Men in Marvel vs Capcom
>the series that literally started life as 'Street Fighter vs X Men'

so is Marvel not even pretending that they're not trying to sabotage the X-Men anymore?
>>
>>93409754
fuck you x fan, as soon as X and sigma were in you fags were demanding vile and zero as well and saying none of the other mega man series fit
>>
>>93406281
Why?
The Capcom side is shit too.
Only two Street Fighters, two Darkstalkers, no Clover characters, removed Virgil and Trish, but we get both of the Ghost & Goblins characters.
>>
>>93409761
How was UMvC3 a downgrade? It only had 6 characters less. And the line up was much more representative of Marvel and Capcom than just X-Men and Pals vs Street Fighter and Pals.
>>
>>93409761
MvC2 to 3 at least added a bunch of new characters.
Arthur, Chris, Wesker, Dante, Trish, Spencer, Amaterasu, C. Viper, Haggar, and Hsien-ko were all new to Capcom vs. And Jill was completely different.
Meanwhile the only new characters confirmed in Infinite on the Capcom side are X (who I don't even count as he is the third Megaman in a vs. title) and Sigma (who is DLC)
>>
>>93410216

>but we get both of the Ghost & Goblins characters.

Thats one of the few redeeming parts of this trainwreck.
>>
>Marvel spent years trying to get people forget that Richard Rider was Nova
>He still makes
I just don't get how this can think nobody knows who the X-Men are and use it as an excuse for why they're not here, yet also put Nova in when you know the movie crowd has no idea who he is
>>
>>93410085
Fuck off. I was happy enough with X.

Sigma's a shitty villain. Zero is overplayed. Vile's a whiny bitch and a Fett knock off.
>>
>>93410445
Rumor has it he shows up in the Capt Marvel movie which makes sense with the MCU heavy push
>>
>>93410463
>Sigma's a shitty villain
You can't fool me Sigma. I know you didn't die on the moon but somehow jumped onto another robot even though you shouldn't have been able to!
>>
>>93410499
Yeah, I know. Its just a very shitty excuse to not include the X-Men and it's shot down by Nova's inclusion since he's the only guy here who isn't confirmed to be on the big screen within the next year
>>
>>93410216

Capcom's roster sucks as bad as Marvel's. For better or worse, Ryu, Chun-Li & Morrigan(Who only missed 1 Crossover since MvC1) are locks for Crossover games. Chris had his fun, put in Leon. Arthur & FB can stay, Zero can go. Put Hayato in his place. Edward Falcon for Spencer, JON FUCKING TALBAIN, Batsu, Dante can stay, add in Vanessa Z. Schinder, bring back Captain Commando, Bison & SonSon, Strider can stay, bring back Joe and add Gene.
>>
File: X9.jpg (166KB, 648x596px) Image search: [Google]
X9.jpg
166KB, 648x596px
>>93410530
>>
>>93406056
They also already have Khary Payton in the cast, and he's played Black Manta before.
>>
>>93406865
Yes that's the joke.
>>
>>93405909

Capcom
>Don't Know, STAAARRRRSSS, A Dragon Maybe, That Dude From Shinobi, Phoenix Wright, Don't Know 2.0, Arthur, Dead Rising Guy, Dante's Asshole Brother, Global Saturation, Zero, Ryu, Dante's Asshole Dante, Morrigan, 1 Million Robot Boners, Chun Li, Dante's Asshole Girlfriend, My Waifu, Bionic Asshole, Aku, Viewtiful Had A Game 15 years Ago, High Fructose Korn Syrup, Mike "I once powerbombed a great white shark through a solid oak desk" Haggar, That Street Fighter Chick Nobody Gives a Fuck About, and Happy Sunshine Pupper.

Marvel
>Shuma'Gorath, Nova For Some Reason, Nicolas Cage, The Hawkeye Everyone Likes More Than The Girl One But Less Than The Movie One, Bruce Campbell, Iron Fist, Hamtaro, Operation: Dumbo Drop, Dormammu, Deadpool, A Version Of Wolverine That Has Been Gone For 10 Years, Robert Downey Jr, Doombot, Wolverine With Tits, She's Black So I'm Going To Guess "Storm", The Good Thor, MFSFR (MODOK For Some Fucking Reason), Spodermin, Don't Know, That Guy From Food Fight (Green Variant), Mr. Skrull, Jean Grey Made In A Bethesda Character Creator, Magne-Jew, I Want To Put My Hands On Her Giant Green Butt, and Taskmaster wearing his "Nobody Can Take Me Seriously Wearing This Mask" mask.

I don't play a lot of fighting games. How did I do? Was I close?
>>
>>93409796
Because they couldn't make Carol pretty and everyone had to go down the drain instead.
This is the "Captain Marvel saves two universes, please watch her movie" game.
>>
File: 1308920189858.jpg (68KB, 396x374px) Image search: [Google]
1308920189858.jpg
68KB, 396x374px
>>93404844
>combofiend uttered those words
>capcom didn't bothered to ask marvel for more money
Even the god damn marvel mobile game HAS THE FUCKING X-MEN FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>93410813
>literally have a thing called the power stone as a macguffin for your ill advised story mode
>don't include anyone from the series Power Stone
That right there is when Capcom lost me.
>>
>>93406912
who did they add
>>
>>93409761
>People used to shit on it because they removed Venom and Megaman but I always thought it was good from the start
Honestly, the lack of Mega Man always did and still feels wrong to this day, but the rest of the roster is top class.

>>93409761
>Although for being fair MvC2 to 3 was a downgrade as bad as 3 to MvCI
Ehhh... having Wolverine in twice and padding the fuck out of the roster with a million Street Fighter characters (as much as I love SF) was retarded.

>>93409754
>X finally gets into MvC
>it's shit
>Being X is suffering.
Monkey's paw in full effect.

Although actually, I would have preferred classic Mega Man, Tron Bonne, TvC Roll, and Zero. I don't mind X, Zero, and Sigma, but it feels a little too "safe" and only represents one series. Yes, I know my picks have have two classic characters, but still.
>>
>>93411822

>TvC Roll

MvC Roll or bust.
>>
>>93406912
>this Fox needs to give the rights back
If anything Marvel's constant hatred makes me wish they never get the rights back.
>>
>>93405139
I wish they'd fire Perlmutter and put someone not fucking insane in charge. To a shit like Ike, he's denying advertisement to "an enemy", but to the fans the game's roster is a complete disservice. Some of us have supported this series since the 90s, ignoring X-Men and Dr. Doom due to some rights issue is a spit in our face.
>>
>>93411835
How about a compromise and we just fuse both movesets? Both outfits can be in thanks to the power of DLC skins, too.

I'm still waiting on a Jill that fuses her MvC2 and MvC3 movesets, too.
>>
>>93411877

Alright, but only if her default outfit is the one from MM8.
>>
>>93411844

Someone should beg for the RIGHTS back.
>>
>>93407272
He's not wrong though. Apocalypse was pretty much oldschool capeshit, but even that's better than Civil Brawl (or Bored v Sleep for that matter).
>>
>>93411859
And it's not like Marvel has no rights to sell merchandise or games with the characters, it's just about the films.

So, by Ike's logic, looking at X-Men characters in a videogame will make players instantly want to go see a Fox movie (and NOT vice versa!), which is why they also have to promote Carol (as if otherwise people won't go to the movies?).
>>
>>93412014
Shit like this has actually made me want to not watch Captain Marvel even if the whole world says it's the best super hero movie ever.
>>
>>93405480
The problem is the casual audience bitching and bemoaning the lack of single player content in a fighting game. So Capcom now has to put something there for the people who don't have friends or don't want to get good enough with online play.
>>
>>93405189
>Rogue with special move steal like in Xmen vs SF
Carol has a bunch of rogue's normals and other animations. I don't see her being included in this game. sadly
>>
File: 1496532049049.png (966KB, 811x879px) Image search: [Google]
1496532049049.png
966KB, 811x879px
>>93409761
People seem to forget that MvC2 was largely just a rehash of all the previous crossover mashups that essentially just dragged and drop old spirits into a new game. Its presentation doesn't hold up well today and is almost as bad MvCI but it exceeds in its intention of a "throw everything but the kitchen sink" spectacle than MvCI stumbling with its story driven experience.
>>
>>93411958
/tv/ you try so hard sometimes its almost too sad
>>
>>93405384
ArcSys is also full of otakus and westaboos. capcom is only capcom on name now. the nerds got out a long time ago save a few
>>
File: 1487973492281.jpg (158KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487973492281.jpg
158KB, 1080x1080px
>>93412187
>presentation doesn't hold up well today and is almost as bad MvCI
>>
>>93405281
>How the hell does a game look this terrible only 3 months from release?
Where the royal FUCK were you when the Mass Effect: Andromeda shitstorm happened
>>
>>93405165
>We do want to make our fans happy. Can't promise anything.

They should just make that their slogan.
>>
What was up with that whole "Dante throwing his guns to Rocket"-thing at the end of the E3 trailer?
It felt like we where supposed to be impressed, or it was leading up to something, but it mostly just felt awkward
>>
>>93412165
Follow the reply chain up. We were talking about an X-men only fighter.
Giving Carol Rogue's normals is a great idea and I'd have been glad they did it had it not been in a game that looks like shit and if I gave two craps about Carol
>>
>>93412451
it was supposed to be funny but it wasn't.
>>
File: fat albert.gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
fat albert.gif
2MB, 500x374px
>>93412296
>2D Spirits from 1995 against poorly rendered 3D clown face background in 2000
>>
>>93407980
Death isn't a pleasurable experience.
>>
>>93412502
Like how was it supposed to funny? Because a raccoon was using Dante's guns? Did they forget the part where that same raccoon is known specifically for using guns all the time? If so that's even worse than what I thought.
>>
>>93412451
The impression I got was that it was supposed to be a "woah cool look at them teaming up" moment, but I felt nothing.
>>
>>93406929
>I purposefully want something to be bad because I'm an idiot.
>>
>>93407274
>Deadpool is essentially an X-men character
>Gwenpool is essentially a Deadpool character
>this means no Gwenpool in MvC8
NO
I NEED HER
>>
>>93411877
So roughly how Project X Zone series Jill fights?
>>
>>93411859
I mean, doesn't Feige hate Perlmutter's guts, too?

And his moneygrubbing crossover shit is why I'm buying DC. You know something's wrong with your talent when your rival company's biggest joke character gets some of the best writing and art talent around.
>>
File: DREAMS.png (26KB, 630x446px) Image search: [Google]
DREAMS.png
26KB, 630x446px
>>93412550
Maybe, it was supposed to be cool? Like someone was thinking that there was some DMC fans out there that would have loved to see Rocket use Ebony and Ivory. I don't know if that person actually exists even after seeing it.
>>
>>93404844
>they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie.
They actually admitted it. The absolute madmen.
>>
>>93412550
>>93412691

I thought it was like Dante's guns were special and cool and Rocket enjoyed getting to use them.

Like if Cap threw Wonder Woman his shield and she beat someone with it.
>>
>>93404844

>X-Fans BTFO How could they ever recover?

by not giving them any money.
>>
I agree with you people that the graphics need to be polished, but you can't deny that the gameplay is 5 stars. I can't wait to crack it open.
But their DLC plans have me very cautious. Need to see how exuberant the character pricing is.
>>
>>93412660
>You know something's wrong with your talent when your rival company's biggest joke character gets some of the best writing and art talent around.
Who?
>>
>>93412810
>I agree with you people that the graphics need to be polished, but you can't deny that the gameplay is 5 stars. I can't wait to crack it open.
Whats stopping you. The demo exists.
It's wholly unimpressive but it exists.
>>
>>93412735
They've never felt that special to me since Dante is always getting new weapons in DMC. I figured Rocket would get bigger kick out of one of Dante's bigger guns, but he seemed really pleased with E&I.
>>
>>93412854
Because that demo is whack and not designed for practice. Plus, I don't have Desk's godlike patience to endure that just for the sake of experimentation.
>>
>>93412864

yeah but, and i'm not a dmc player so i'm talking out my ass, they're the iconic weapons for the franchise.

like a kid would wanna play with pikachu even if it's not the best pokemon
>>
>>93412735
dante's guns are not exclusive to him those things are just powered up by demon magic if he wants to
>>
>>93409796
> Chun Li's character model in Tatsunoko Vs Capcom is better than her SFIV, SFV, and MVCI models.

> Tatsunoko Vs Capcom was made on GameCube hardware.
>>
>>93408057
It's more Ike than Disney.
>>
File: 1490631005396.jpg (279KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490631005396.jpg
279KB, 1280x1024px
>>93412931
You have a point. It's something about that scene that feels forced. Like, Dante and Rocket are pals out of nowhere. Then again, the whole demo is like that.
>>
>>93413055
The interview mentions they just drop you in 88 days after the incursion. So they are familiar.
>>
>>93404844

X-Men game with 12 men and 12 women, with no filler, only current comic book characters, and enough characters for 8 teams with 3 characters each.
the story can be simple
Mojo kidnaps them, makes them fight in a tournament, 8 teams with 3 characters (the player can choose any 3 character, enemy teams are random)
final boss is mojo or spyral.

Magneto Storm
Old Man Logan Teen Jean
Cable Psylocke
Quentin Quire Domino
Gambit Emma Frost
Fantomex Rogue
Colossus Magik
Nightcrawler X-23
Archangel Dazzler
Teen Cyclops Rachel
Iceman Mystique
Sabretooth Hope Summers

Telepaths can work, mind blasts would be just like laser beams/fireballs. Also Mojo may have used his magic to make the tournament more even and fun. And telekinesis can be long distance grabs, or like fireballs.

emma could shoot mind blasts, or switch to diamong in which her normal attacks and defense improve, but she cant shoot fireballs anymore.

the onyl important character I cant think of how to use is Kitty Pryde.

Hope Summer would have a gimmick of having no special attacks, but being able to use the special attacks of the opponent character who is facing her. You would need to have memorized every special attack of every character to use Hope well.
>>
>>93413126
>It is a "time-skip so we don't need to explain how we got to the new status quo"
>>
>>93413146
>we don't need to explain how we got to the new status quo
Seems pretty standard as far as marvel comics go.
>>
>>93413126
>they just drop you in 88 days after the incursion.
weird
>>
>>93405165
> Literally admits the Chin Like model is "disgusting".

It's so bad even their PR guy admits it.
>>
Might as well put lots of pouches on Cap and go with the Liefeld meme.
>>
File: 13423423.png (305KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
13423423.png
305KB, 600x400px
>>93404844
>Still giving a shit about Infinite when it looks like a mobile game while DBFZ is coming out
>>
File: wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
>>93404844
really makes you think
>>
>>93412839
Aquaman. Currently being written by /tg/ darling Dan Abnett, and drawn by this Eastern European guy by the name of Stjepan Sejic.
>>
>>93405093
Don't forget the hookers
>>
>>93413366
I haven't seen a "Aquaman is a joke" joke for quite some time, hell the last time I saw those were in the same run you're talking about near the beginning when Aquaman thinks he doesn't get the respect her deserves. I honestly thought you were talking about some other book I couldn't remember.
>>
>>93405035
WHY IS HE EVEN IN THE GAME WHEN LEON HAS RE2 REMAKE COMING ?
>>
>>93404844
>>Peter Rosas: If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things.
I dont think I've ever seen a bigger bullshit in my life
>>
>>93404844
Good riddance. I'm just laffing at the salty normie vidya cucks.
>>
>>93414062

>If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things
>If you were to actually think about it, legacy characters are just people in costumes doing things
>If you were to actually think about it, Bendis' OC's do the same things, I mean come on it's just a half nigger/half beaner calling himself Spider-Man, what's the big deal?
>If you were to actually think about it, the Inhumans are basically like the Xmen, right? It's not like a modern Marvel fan would know who they are, right? I mean they do the same thing and have powers and do stuff that other character does who just does things

And now you see the blatant mental gymnastics Marvel comics goes through to justify the current shit of their runs. Makes me sick.
>>
>>93413653
Chris is the main character. Like Ryu is the main character of Street Fighter, Dante is the main character of Devil May Cry, Megaman X and Zero are the main characters of Megaman X, Arthur is the main character of Ghosts n Goblins, etc.
>>
File: 1494916841139.jpg (257KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
1494916841139.jpg
257KB, 800x1206px
>>93404844
We don't we cry
>>
>>93414288
Chris shares the role of protagonist in every game he's been in. I wouldn't call him the face of RE especially since Jill is more popular.
>>
>>93412187

MvC2 was a broken game..........but it just worked. Hell, why do you think Sentinel was in MvC3? He was one of best in a broken game, so there was an illusion that he was "good".
>>
I'm fucking done done trying to give this game a fair shake when it's so obviously developed in such bad faith and Combofiend is an even worse corporate mouthpiece than Seth "Ghost Rider Is Too Punchy" Killian.
>>
>>93414590
What exactly do you mean by
>an illusion that he was "good"
?
>>
>>93414623

In the sense that he was beloved due to being able to break the game with him. Not knocking MvC2, but lets calling what it is: a broken mess that somehow worked.

But don't feel bad gang, X-Men vs. Street Fighter was even MORE broken.
>>
reminder:
>sales target of 2m
>>
>>93405342
Unlike marvel or capcom, i couldn't care less about DBZ
>>
>>93414748
There is nothing wrong with being a broken mess ass long as it isn't linear. The issue with such a game would be if a certain character rendered all others obsolete, but MVC2 has a good number of characters that are extremely powerful and play differently.
>>
>>93413434
What's the sexiest mutation?
>>
>>93406570
>"New X-men" DLC

I like that idea.
>>
>>93412187
That's basically the one thing MvC2 has going for it: a massive roster. So many other things about that game are a complete mess, but it has a HUGE fucking roster. I guarantee that the revelation of the small as fuck roster for MvCI was the final nail in the coffin for most people that have given up on it. I know it was for me. I was willing to overlook all the other shit if the roster was big.
>>
>>93404844
Just gonna say this again like I did on /v/

1:

Don't fucking say that. Just mention how she was one of the most requested characters from the last game. We know you intentions, but what I said is was shown on polls that you had back then, why not say that to save your sorry asses, don't say, 'Yeah, we said it wasn't MCU but it is MCU. Sorry'

2:
>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters.

I get it. You can't mention FOX, but that doesn't mean you cover horseshit lies with even more horseshit. This legitimately boils my blood & they two are fucking incompitant.

& 3:
In the article
>I think this is perhaps the most perfect moment to bring back Skullomania. I know it's difficult but-
>Peter Rosas: Oh gosh.
>He's a superhero so...
>Peter Rosas: It just baffles me to this day. Why does anybody like that dude?

FUCK OFF.
I like the gameplay, & would've liked it if you just delayed the game, but after this. NO. FUCK YOU. I hope you fail & go under. I hope Marvel fails & Disney throws them out. I have had it with this bullshit. I'm fucking done.
The only GOOD think about this interview was how they fucking flat out stated Chun Li looked fucking jank.
Fuck Capcom
Fuck nu-Marvel
& Fuck you Ike.
>>
>>93412810
The gameplay seems alright (from what VERY little bit I can actually get out of it from the story demo), but I just don't think I can get myself to care enough for it when there's so few characters, and of those most are from UMvC3. I may as well just stick with UMvC3 at this point.
>>
>>93412619
But that Jill doesn't use any of her MvC3 moves, it's a mix of her Revelations weapons and MvC2 moves.
>>
>>93404844
>they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead
>>
File: XMvsSFArt.png (867KB, 740x607px) Image search: [Google]
XMvsSFArt.png
867KB, 740x607px
Does Marvel have any modern fan? Does anyone still reads this shit? X-Men used to sell millions, more than perhaps all the Marvel titles put together now.

It's sad how Marvel tries to pander to readers that doesn't exist. They're just killing themselves.
>>
>>93413337
Unf. Seeing that kind of detail put on faces in a fighting game is really refreshing amidst all the "plastic-figurine" looking ones in the genre.
>>
My God, this guy sounds like a dick and knows nothing about games or comics.
He is worse than that other hack Capcom employed, Sven something, who shat the awful SSF2T HD Remix.

How the fuck those idiots were hired by Capcom? Why they don't call back Yoshiki Okamoto and Akira Nishitani?

Remember when actual developers made games, put in cool characters and don't gave fuck?
>>
>Hirose Norio
>programmer
>codemonkeys directing games
>ever
Capcom is so fucked. The guy did nothing but programming for more than 20 years.
>>
>thinks the fans want those characters because of their movesets
It humors me that this guy is working on this game because he's just as out of touch with the audience as both Marvel and Capcom are.
>>
>>93416824
Combofiend plays a lot of fighting games.
He is approaching it from the "game" perspective instead of the "character" perspective. Combine with marketing speak and having to dance around mandates and it comes off poorly.
>>
>We don't want to tell the slow story of Ultron Sigma, and this is kind of like the Age of Ultron comics where you're just thrown into it.
And Age of Ultron was universally bashed.
>>
>>93405000
He doesn't have any upcoming marvel movies.
>>
>>93416952
Cuz Bendis gonna Bendis
>>
They've done a very good job of emphasizing the fact that they have no fucking idea what they're doing.
>>
>>93411822
>padding the fuck out of the roster with a million Street Fighter characters
Pardon? There are 11 SF characters and the only one that seems in any way excessive is Charlie. Ken/Ryu/Akuma all play a little too similarly, but that's just true to the source material.
>>
File: hulk-blanka.gif (5KB, 160x96px) Image search: [Google]
hulk-blanka.gif
5KB, 160x96px
>>93416824
It was Sirlin, not Sven. David Sirlin Some player that was promoted to developers. But gamers aren't developers. Fanboys aren't developers.

Remember Yoshiki Okamoto to Kenji Eno when Eno said that he actually enjoyed games.
"That's why you're the only mediocre developer among us", or something like that.

>>93416917
>Combofiend plays a lot of fighting games.
And so do a lot of people.

>He is approaching it from the "game" perspective instead of the "character" perspective.
No. That's what real developers did. That's why they included cool characters that had good designs and were nice to play as.
>>
>>93417071
Guile is the redundant one. Charlie was in X-Men vs Street Fighter and was a hidden character in MSHvSF along with having a running plot among the games of getting kidnapped by Shadaloo, turned into a weapon, and breaking free.
>>
>>93417091
>No. That's what real developers did. That's why they included cool characters that had good designs and were nice to play as.

And how do you get characters that are nice to play? By considering the playstyle that character would have.
>>
>>93417148
Something that this retard and Marvel MCU-obsessed direction will never be able to do.
>>
File: yoshiki.jpg (38KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
yoshiki.jpg
38KB, 550x309px
http://www.thefullwiki.org/Yoshiki_Okamoto
"It's not because you like games that you can make games. Frankly speaking, none of us four here like games." When Kenji Eno said: "I do like games", Okamoto immediately responded: "That's why you're the only second-class developer [of the four]". (At a roundtable discussion in Tokyo Game Show.)

Never forget. That's why indie games suck so much and are just pixel crap plagiarizing old games.
This should be the game development motto.
>>
>>93417195
>Explicitly breaks down what tools a character such as Magneto in earlier games had and compares what characters in this game have to find similarities.

>Watching videos shows new characters such as Ultron having moves that resemble ones that Dr. Doom and Magneto had
>>
>>93416711
Too bad it looks nothing like that during actual gameplay and the actual gameplay being shit
>>
>>93417284
So then why do you make games?
>>
>>93416711

I never understood people shat on Injustice for their faces, even if they looked ugly in stills and cutscenes, who the fuck cares when you're actually playing the game?

I'd knock Injustice (and pretty much nearly every NRS fighting game) for its relative stiffness rather than some bullshit you won't even fucking care about once you get past the "ooh ahh" stage. It's the same thing as connecting supers in any fighting game, after seeing it for the 10th time, you stop caring and you just go along with it.
>>
>>93417409
Do chefs make food just because they like to eat? Do painters paint just because they like to look at paintings? Do writers write just because they like to read?
>>
>>93417409

Probably to make money like anyone else.

If there's a market and they're good at making things that cater to that market, they'll keep doing it, even if they utterly despise the end product, it's not an uncommon thing.
>>
>>93417635
I don't know. It seems strange to repeatedly do something you don't like doing.
>>
>>93417685
Playing is very different from developing.
>>
>>93407980
>I know people are jumping on the bandwagon since the DBZ game was shown, but at the first glimpse of GG Xrd I could only think of how great a Darkstalkers game would be in that style.
Maybe only in the broadest technical sense of actually manually tweaking everything frame by frame to achieve 2D-like expressiveness. But the actual art style doesn't fit Darkstalkers at all.
>>
>>93404844

And why is that? I want them to explain why a Modern Marvel fan might not know the X-men. I want to hear them say it.
>>
>>93417931
Because Marvel doesn't have any modern fans. And the few neckbeards who still read that shit startet to drop it when Marvel went full SJW trying to please "all those online fans" that don't read comics.
>>
>>93405356
What happened with UA2?
>>
>>93416824
Nishitani's trying to get a new game with his Street Fighter EX OCs made.
>>
>>93407980
The original Guilty Gear team was the Darkstalkers team. They left Capcom and made Guilty Gear.
>>
>>93417635
...yes. Yes they do.
>>
>>93418030
No, that's a myth. Everyone who worked on Darkstalkers (who were largely the same people working on Street Fighter and Marvel) were at Capcom until the mid 2000s. Long after Guilty Gear had been made.
>>
Would all of this been avoided if they went back to sprites?
>>
>>93418158
That was just never going to happen. The talent for it isn't there in the industry, and the demand for it isn't there in the market.
>>
>>93413126
which pisses me off, they have shit like valkanda and black panther is happy, but x and thor want their worlds back to normal. How come we can not have non converged stages as well and have scenes set before the convergence or after they beat ultron sigma
>>
>>93415656
>why not say that to save your sorry asses, don't say, 'Yeah, we said it wasn't MCU but it is MCU. Sorry'

Cause Marvel doesn't want them to
>>
>>93404844
>>Michael Evans

Basically, they got a top down order to fit the current media's narrative. This reeks of top down policy "suggestions", current media "diversity" narratives, and mainstream brand management. Not from geeks, and what is necessarily cool for the sake of cool. Ugh.
>>
File: 1492239399013.png (261KB, 396x646px) Image search: [Google]
1492239399013.png
261KB, 396x646px
>no viewtiful joe
>no vergil
>no amaterasu
>no phoenix wright
>no gene
>no taskmaster
>no x-23
>no mag
>no wolverine
>no tronne
>no haggar
>fucking firebrand is back
>spencer's fun mechanics are gone
>gamora
>no dorm
>no iron fist
>the voice acting
>the models
>the music
>the slow floaty gameplay that fags like jwong are trying to hype up
>story characters being fucking DLC even though they appear in the story (Sigma being one of the TWO ANTAGONISTS)
>dps becoming down down button

Honestly speaking, who the FUCK is going to purchase this game? Who can genuinely say they want to play this piece of shit without being payed to say such a thing? This coming from a man who still plays and greatly enjoys SFV.

How can you people eat this kind of shit?
>>
>>93415656
>I get it. You can't mention FOX, but that doesn't mean you cover horseshit lies with even more horseshit. This legitimately boils my blood & they two are fucking incompitant.

His statement is fucking hilarious because:

1. X-Men Apocalypse was last year, along with Deadpool. Oh, and Logan was this year, too.
2. Uncanny X-Men, even at sales level of 34,000 still outsold Captain America's, Captain Marvel's, Doctor Strange's, Gamora's, Hawkeye's (Occupy Avengers, that is; but it's also outselling Kate's), both Hulk books (Cho's and She-Hulk's), Nova's, Rocket's, and Thanos' books.
>>
>>93405093

X-Men 1963

X-Men 1991
>>
>>93419445
>This coming from a man who still plays and greatly enjoys SFV.
>How can you people eat this kind of shit?
Answered your own question there pal
>>
>>93406377
I'm looking forward to the Captain Marvel movie, and I think that those statements are idiotic doublespeak.
>>
File: 1497347767268.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497347767268.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>>93415656
>shitting on Skullomania
What kind of soulless monster is this man ?

>tfw SF EX's cast will never come back
>>
>>93404844

FUCKING IKE
>>
>>93405165
>We're not an evil overlord company, despite the rumor

Sure jan.gif
>>
>>93406389
>Could Disney really not afford to toss a couple more bucks their way to make this not look like garbage?
>Ike giving money
you are a fool if you ever consider this a possibility.
>>
File: bug's insanity.jpg (388KB, 1280x832px) Image search: [Google]
bug's insanity.jpg
388KB, 1280x832px
>She-Hulk: If there ever was an MvC4, I'll destroy you there too, Wade.

>Neither she and Deadpool are in this game.
>>
>this thread
>>>r/kappa
>>
>>93404844

lmao never let combofiend talk about something that isn't mechanics ever gain
>>
>>93421307
Why do you think they're not calling it MvC4?
>>
>>93406190
>>93406518
Every Mr. Satan win should end with him handing a stack of cash to the other character.
>>
>>93405475
Wouldn't be the first time we had shills from Crapcom on here.

Once /v/ collectively figured out pic related was going fucking blow, a mysterious influx of people defending the shitty decisions by the devs and talking up how "epic" it was that Capcom was bringing back Frank West suddenly showed up.
>>
>>93421744

Oh how quickly they all went away once the game actually released and was shown to be complete dogshit.

Same thing'll happen for MvCI.
>>
File: 1498272619712.png (463KB, 878x737px) Image search: [Google]
1498272619712.png
463KB, 878x737px
>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther. You know what I mean? Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie.
>>
File: ANGRY.jpg (29KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ANGRY.jpg
29KB, 600x400px

FUCK

OFF

JESUS

FUCKING

C H R I S T
>>
File: 1297598999360.jpg (162KB, 468x495px) Image search: [Google]
1297598999360.jpg
162KB, 468x495px
>>93404844
>Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men
>>
CRY FOR DA MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
>>
>>93422212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs
>>
>>93404986
I want yamcha on lead, kid gohan on support, and Cooler as the anchor
>>
>>93404844
Is Capcom sandbagging this so they can have a reason to finally drop it?

Whenever they have a project that they don't want to deal with anymore, that has a vocal crowd around it, they sandbag. They string along a line of shit that gets derided, and when it falls on its face they pull out saying that it didn't get enough support from the consumers.

They do it like clockwork. I think they want to get off the MvC train.
>>
>>93419387
THE PERSON WHO SAID IT WASN'T MCU WAS A MARVEL EMPLOYEE! THIS SHIT IS SOULLESS! I'm so fucking pissed at Marvel. I'm even more pissed at Capcom. If Marvel told them to release it around this time, it's Sonic 06 all over again.
>>
>>93419309
Because the game isn't out. Just because ot starts 88 days in doesn't mean there won't be flashbacks. Or scenes celebrating the victory and split of the worlds.
>>
>>93404844

further proof the mcu DID ruin this game
>>
>>93422522
Get used to seeing that yamcha pose.
>>
>>93404844
WAKANDA BARRAGE

TRILL CLAW
>>
>>93417581
You could say the same for MvC, except with MvC the gameplay isn't complete garbage.
>>
>>93423861
It's pretty suspect how as soon as Capcom gives an interview going "characters don't matter in the character fighter. Nor do graphics! Just the gameplay" your defense goes "The gameplay is what matters!"

Now, I'm not calling you a shill.
I'm saying you have no brain and can't think for yourself.
Enjoy paying for DLC. Maybe by 2019 they'll have put out enough for this to be a complete game.
>>
>>93404844
Threadly reminder that this whole entire thing is all because

>WAAAAHH SUMBODY OTHER THAN US HAS THE MOOBIE RIGHTS WAAAAAAHHH

Sabotaging your own comic book IP over movie rights. JUST....Marvel is taking pants-on-head retarded to a new level.
>>
>>93423892
>If you say Injustice is bottom of the barrel garbage you must be defending MvC!

Why are NRScucks always so triggered? It is a well known fact that NRS fighting games are all stilted unplayable button mashers for babies. MvC Infinite looking worse than a PS1 cutscene doesn't mean everyone in Injustice 2 doesn't look like they have down syndrome.
>>
>>93404844
no spiderman?
>>
>>93404844
This shit is gonna bomb so hard.
>>
Is it true that Capcom made their character look bad because Marvel asked them that?
>>
>>93424036

Injustice 2 characters look good, tho, and the gameplay it's decent. You just seem to have a hateboner for NRS.
>>
>>93424830
>Injustice 2 characters look good, tho
No
>and the gameplay it's decent.
No
>>
>>93424670

No.
>>
>>93417071
>Pardon? There are 11 SF characters
11 out of 56. That's 20% of the entire roster. One fifth of the whole damn roster.

Yes, he said "a million", but that should be obvious hyperbole. 11 out of 56 is still a lot.
>>
>>93424858
Not that anon but it looks pretty damn fucking good.
>>
MvC doesn't look good but I'm not gonna let that hype me up for the 15th DBZ game. It's just a bad year for fighters, Tekken is the only winner just by virtue of having the least wrong.
Thread posts: 505
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.