[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 527
Thread images: 119

File: 1488372039546.jpg (3MB, 2074x2503px) Image search: [Google]
1488372039546.jpg
3MB, 2074x2503px
That's a big gun Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Darth Maul #4 (June 21)
Darth Vader #2 (June 21)
Poe Dameron Annual #1 (June 21)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q51LZ2HpbE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: 1495654868346.jpg (78KB, 1061x596px) Image search: [Google]
1495654868346.jpg
78KB, 1061x596px
>>
>>93400811
>Ah, Rey, it seems you have Anakin's Lightsaber!
>>
File: 1454107206748.png (173KB, 517x492px) Image search: [Google]
1454107206748.png
173KB, 517x492px
>>
>>93400769
Gee I sure loved that gatling rifle that will never be seen or used in Star Wars media again because it's so retardedly overpowered.
>>
Making new Star Wars films without George was a mistake
>>
>>93400889
>Rogue One was better than every prequel and arguably better than Return of the Jedi

what did he meme by this?
>>
File: 1488862320081.jpg (782KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1488862320081.jpg
782KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>93400902
>Rogue One was better than every prequel

I don't know about that, and RO is one of my favourites. Come on dude
>>
File: RBHNA2K.jpg (581KB, 2560x1691px) Image search: [Google]
RBHNA2K.jpg
581KB, 2560x1691px
post star wars ships only you like
>>
File: 1492036165406.jpg (55KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1492036165406.jpg
55KB, 400x303px
>>93400902
>Rogue One was better than every prequel and arguably better than Return of the Jedi
>>
File: 15628887354_4fc65e1e09_b.jpg (104KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
15628887354_4fc65e1e09_b.jpg
104KB, 700x355px
>>93400925
Can't like it without being called a normie for some reason
>>
>>93400922
Rogue One isn't a fantastic movie, but it's a really fun action movie. A lot of what I like about it is fanservice, but not like "HEY LOOK IT'S AN AT-ST STAR WARS I LOVE STAR WARRRS" like RLM put it, but more like... Hey look, it's an actual star war in star wars. A lot of my least favorite parts of the movie were the parts where they shoved in fanservice where it was unwarranted or awkwardly, like the convicts showing up.

Vader showing up to kill people at the end is debatable but come on, we're never going to get another opportunity to see him work again and he had a good reason to be there.

What did RLM actually say about Rogue One beyond MUH PANDERING while jerking off TFA, again?
>>
>>93400997
>jerking off TFA
What? I thought they hated it

I've honestly never watched their videos, but I can't help listening to their opinions here
>>
>>93400997
Their core complaint was that it was bad because the characters were uninteresting and unlikable, that while the action was well done it wasn't interesting, and that it felt more like a Star Wars fanfilm than anything else. In their commentary track Mike brought up what I've been saying since the first trailer, that it felt more like an tabletop RPG campaign than a proper narrative.

Also CGI Tarkin and Leia looked like crap.
>>
>>93401020
They really liked TFA, thought Daisy Ridley was super charismatic and hated Rogue One to the point of making like five videos about it when people got mad at their opinion.

I decided not to watch them because I felt like I might get buttmad
>>
>>93401038
>thought Daisy Ridley was super charismatic

compared to a lot of star wars actors, and ESPECIALLY the women in the series she actually is

Poe and Finn run circles around her though
>>
File: 1497178317499.png (91KB, 777x583px) Image search: [Google]
1497178317499.png
91KB, 777x583px
>>93400997
I liked the last scene. It was like something out of a slasher film in terms of atmosphere, and I really wasn't expecting it. I liked RO because my favourite is ANH, admittedly. I liked it. But I do recognize that most normies don't give a fuck about Tarkin, or to read a novel that sets this film up so PERFECTLY. all of my normie friends who '''''love Star Wars!!!''' hated this movie. one told me it was boring because 'there weren't any jedi'. it was a film for fans, to give us Star Wars stuff we loved. RLM really blew it WAY out of proportions, though, especially when they loved TFA for the exact reasons they hated this one.

I unironically liked it, and the characters. But, it's like number 4 on my list
>>
>>93400769
this gave me an erection
Top Blaster movie when?
>>
can we have one thread where we do the ratings thing?

ROTJ > ANH > ESB = RO > ROTS > TPM >>>>>>>>>>> AOTC
>>
>>93401063
forgot to mention I put TFA = TPM
>>
>>93401063
>can we have thread full of shitposting about each others tastes?
no
>>
>>93401020
Ever since Rogue One came out and they shat on people have been saying they love TFA. On Half in the Bag they were a little swept up in the hype of there being a new Star Wars movie that wasn't total garbage, but they also excused it a lot for being a rehash movie with a kind of weak main character. Since then Mike (through Plinkett) has argued that TFA works because it had good characters (Daisy Ridley's performance elevated the underwritten Rey is his argument) and emotional content, but not a good story due to the rehash parts. Meanwhile, he says Rogue One had bad characters, a bad story, and no emotional connection to the audience.
>>
File: IMG_3601.jpg (76KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3601.jpg
76KB, 600x849px
>>93400925
>>
>>93401034
He's not wrong about any of the narrative elements, but fuck him for "muh cgi" and fuck plinkett just out of spite I'll never give him the benefit of the doubt after he spent NEARLY AN ENTIRE DECADE poisoning the well with his Lucas and prequel hate

I disliked Rogue One but I hate RLM.
>>
>>93401020
Their first TFA video had Mike looking all teary eyed (not even joking) and smiling and going "I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be". And praising TFA. They went back on some of this later on with the Plinkett review, but only some.
>>
>>93401099
to add onto this (not this anon) 4chan does not really care about characters in Star Wars so they don't understand or care about this critique and call them hacks

a lot of people will say BUT FINN AND REY ARE TERRIBLE CHARACTERS and write a huge essay about them (bypass the development no flaws blah blah blah) but at the end of the day people actually remember them and enjoyed them whereas most people do not remember any character from Rogue One that wasn't K2 or Vader

the disconnect between Rogue One, TFA and 4chan Star Wars fans is reminiscent of the disconnect between normal people and 4channers, they do not understand one another
>>
>>93401034
I can understand those complaints because they never really found the time to develop most of their cast (although I liked the ideas for a lot of the characters, Cassian being a Seperatist child soldier is interesting and provides a different perspective even if it's a little grim.) I actually liked Jyn more than Rey because she genuinely felt like she was in over her head compared to Rey who learns the force and picks up a lightsaber and kicks Kylo's ass after he supposedly ruined Luke's Jedi efforts even though she's been isolated her whole life and doesn't have a clue what's going on.

I liked the action too, but maybe that's just because I don't watch as many war action movies as some? A Sci-fi war movie in a tropical setting using props derived from WW2/Vietnam era equipment is basically my favorite thing ever, I really really enjoyed everything surrounding the scarif fight.

CGI Tarkin and Leia... Honestly, I feel that complaint for literally every movie that uses CGI effects. You can't get away with it. Eventually it's going to look like shit as technology gets better and better, I was feeling the same way during the Amazon fight scenes in Wonder Woman.

I guess I felt like Rogue One was a mediocre movie that had a bunch of really good ideas that could've been fantastic and innovative but were still enjoyable whereas TFA wasn't even trying to do anything new, it was just trying to win fans over with a re-shoot of ANH and I found it really distasteful.
>>
>>93401145
>appeal to majority argument

grown ups 2 blew pacific rim out of the water
transformers franchise is one of the biggest film series on the planet
>>
>>93400997
Honestly, the only dumb fanservice moments were the cantina dudes and C3PO and R2D2 briefly showing up. I mean, I guess, if you wanted to reach, you could go "MUH BLUE MILK" scene, but that's so nitpicky. How dare something that exists in universe be shown? And the complaints about AT-ATs and all that is dumb. It's set at the height of the Empire. Why wouldn't those things show up?

I genuinely liked the Vader scene. I do think Rogue One had flaws, but it's been blown out of proportion by people like RLM, especially considering they've made five or so fucking videos because their viewers decided to not maintain their echochamber.
>>
>>93401187
>using Pacific Rim as an argument when it was a genuinely terrible film
>bringing up Transformers when it's the Godwin's Law of film
>>
>>93401196
>especially considering they've made five or so fucking videos because their viewers decided to not maintain their echochamber

they make the videos because they get a lot of views which means money
>>
File: they are cute.png (103KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
they are cute.png
103KB, 600x467px
>>93400925
>>
>>93401217
Okay yeah Pacific Rim isn't great, but it's the easiest example I could remember. Still, it's a better film than Grown-Ups.

>Transformers is the Godwin's law of film
I have no idea what you're talking about but what does Transformers being brought up a lot have to do with anything? You're talking up the majority when going off of movie sales the majority has terrible taste.
>>
>>93401099
>Meanwhile, he says Rogue One had bad characters, a bad story, and no emotional connection to the audience.
Again he's not entirely wrong. The most interesting new characters in the movie are a hammy D-list Batman villain, Asian bros, Based Mads, cheerful Rebel pilots, an alien Winston Churchill, and Quip-2SO who puts Memelord to shame.
>>93401145
This guy also has good points on the subject.

The story of the main crew kind of trundles on clumsily, dealing with a lot of contrivances to deny them any resolution until they finally force the square plot through a round hole. The overarching story concerning the race against the Death Star's operational ability and the Rebel attempt to uncover it has lots of potential but the focus on these literal whos (that all get vaporized at the end anyway so they have no real emotional impact beyond their first appearance, once the movie is over the audience stops caring) tends to be a pause button on The Search for the MacGuffin(TM).

Keep in mind I don't think Rogue One is a bad addition to new canon, it's acceptable and far better than a lot of the other shit that could have been movified from the EU (God knows it's better than the even more murder-happy Ewoks movies) but I think there was a lot of wasted potential. And I ALSO think that RLMbabbies do not get to have an opinion on it after they spent the past 10 years shitting on everything star wars like the faggoty OT purist (really not even that, more like ESB purist) retards that they are, so I hate having to share an opinion with them however involuntary.
>>
>>93401253
Transformers is the Godwin's Law of film discussion because just like people will bring up Hitler to try and "make a point" people will bring up Transformers to try and "make a point"

>Transformers makes a billion dollars so all movies liked by the majority are BAD!!!
Casablanca is bad? Apocalypse Now is bad? Alien is bad? Blade Runner is bad? go fuck yourself idiot
>>
>>93401172
>I guess I felt like Rogue One was a mediocre movie that had a bunch of really good ideas that could've been fantastic and innovative but were still enjoyable whereas TFA wasn't even trying to do anything new, it was just trying to win fans over with a re-shoot of ANH and I found it really distasteful.
this pretty much, the only perfect, endlessly rewatchable scenes in my opinion were the ones involving Tarkin or Vader shitpost at other Imperial subordinates (namely Krennic), and the next closest thing after that was the space battle above Scarif, which still isn't quite perfect (not least because its interrupted by the shit on the ground) but because
1. Y-wings used exclusively as bombers instead of the Starfighters they are END THIS ROGUE MEME
2. you hardly get to see the capital ships fire their weapons at each other, if at all
even so that doesn't really excuse the whole movie for its shitty ultra-high grain darkened camera filter
>>
>>93401307
>all movies are bad
nice word-shoving u dummy head

"It's popular and most people liked it ergo good" is just a bad argument because the majority can like and throw money at bad things. Use actual arguments supporting the film's quality or give it a rest
>>
File: emperor sheev.png (45KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
emperor sheev.png
45KB, 640x330px
>>93401360
t. Karen o'Traviss
>>
File: xEEXiBo.jpg (4KB, 255x75px) Image search: [Google]
xEEXiBo.jpg
4KB, 255x75px
>>93401370
Except a character resonating with people is a solid argument while "a character didn't check all the boxes on a checklist I made of what makes a good character" is not an actual argument
>>
>>93401360
>posting trump while complaining about perlmutter, someone who is not only conservative but currently consulting for donol
>and also almost entirely irrelevant to star wars at large
>>
File: uycfylqua6pwgigkprmb.png (249KB, 636x267px) Image search: [Google]
uycfylqua6pwgigkprmb.png
249KB, 636x267px
will we ever see an original cut of rogue 1?
>>
File: 1489367810031.jpg (512KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1489367810031.jpg
512KB, 1024x683px
>>93401431
Probably not, which sucks because it looks like Krennic had some pretty kino scenes
>>
>>93401410
>immature move these goalposts right quick
>>
>>93401410
you seem to be under the false impression that stormfags don't hate Trump for having Jewish friends, a Jewish daughter, deals with Israel, and hasn't gassed all the non-natsoc non-Aryans yet
>>
>>93401437
>doesn't even use the right fallacy
2/10 bait, needs work, we can see right through your insincere EUDF shilling
>>
>>93401230
They made a comprable amount of videos about RO as they did for TFA, but almost all of their RO vids were made after it came out and they hated it, and they had to make the case for why it was bad. Most of their TFA videos were made in the leadup to the movie itself, with only The Plinkett review video coming after it. If they had liked RO, I bet we wouldn't have seen then four or five vids that focused on the movie after it came out.
>>
>>93400986

I like the Slave 1 too, anon.
>>
File: Rax.jpg (202KB, 564x903px) Image search: [Google]
Rax.jpg
202KB, 564x903px
Hey drawfag when you have the time could you please draw a more accurate version of this Gallius Rax fan art? The books describe him as wearing a white military uniform with a red cape. Basically Krennic's outfit but make the cape red. I would really appreciate it since for some reason the only fan art of Rax is him wearing random OC donut steel military uniforms.
>>
>>93401461
Shut up Jew go eat some more BBC
>>
I'd say that I can kind of see where RLM was coming from with letting the "I clapped" moments in TFA slide due to the goal of the film basically being to revive SW as a viable film franchise in the public imagination, hence the need to pander to old fans even as they tried to appeal to new ones. However, once past that first film, where you can let these things pass, pandering to nostalgia gets old very quickly, and RO had problems in that area.

I didn't love TFA, and honestly think it below ROTJ, which, for all its flaws, has moments I love and moments I really didn't care for at all, while TFA had moments I liked and disliked, but nothing I really loved or hated.

In regards to characters, I'd say that the film's glaring weakness was its script, but that JJ, for all his faults as a director, once again managed to make the most of his cast so that the performances elevated what could have been a tired story with trash-tier characters. Rey straddles the line on being a Mary Sue, Finn is inconsistently handled, and Poe is just plain badly written. However, each of the actors playing them managed to elevate the characters so that you remembered and liked them anyway. It's why Poe is so unlikeable outside of the movies, because Oscar Isaac isn't distracting you from the character's shortcomings with his charisma.
>>
File: 13-I353tIl.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
13-I353tIl.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>93401497
>and honestly think it below ROTJ
everything is below ROTJ you fool
>>
>>93401405
what a stupid argument

the reason those characters resonate IS because of a checklist of reasons each of them have whether they know it or not, sometimes they're even bad reasons, like political ones, shallow visual ones, or otherwise

poorly done things can reach mass market success with intelligent marketing and targeted pandering, that's why cult classics exist, because a decent thing has terrible marketing.
>>
>>93401517
by the way i don't even disagree with you that rogue one does a bad job of making its characters memorable
>>
>>93401370
between money, critical score, and audience score
transformers took money and nothing else
pacific rim took about average money, making a decent though not spectacular amount, bu high critical and very high audience scores

TFA took all 3 pretty good
it was rated high, made a billion dollars, and is very much well loved by casual viewers
by all accounts it was a success
>>
File: lewxwwoesuyummdsuyly.jpg (27KB, 800x335px) Image search: [Google]
lewxwwoesuyummdsuyly.jpg
27KB, 800x335px
>>93401436
I kind of find it difficult to believe that shots like the tie fighter appearing appearing in front of jyn were done specifically for the trailer
>>
>>93401497
If we're willing to admit that TFA was basically an advertisement then why are so many people still defending it

doesn't that sound stupid to you
>>
>>93401545
Normies like ANH and it was basically a new hope

even though ANH is my favourite too
>>
>>93401497
As for RO, it just plain failed as a movie on various levels, and I'm surprised that there's so much unironic love for it here of all places. The characters are underdeveloped (you could cut Cassian out and merge parts of his backstory with Jyn's to make a much stronger character), the tone is inconsistent (it's hard to take the grittier nature of the film seriously when more average Joe type characters can waste stormtroopers as easily as the plot shield wielding characters from the more lighthearted main films or Rebels; the Vader sequence at the end undermines the attempt to make the Empire look bad because you're more focused on how cool Vader looks here than how bad it is for the Rebels), and the story seems to lack any strong direction in its first two acts.

It was the first SW film I felt bored watching since AOTC (although the TCW pilot movie didn't really do anything for me either), and watching it outside a theater setting later resulted in me simply skipping ahead to certain scenes and the climax because I just could not find it in myself to care about the movie as a whole.
>>
>>93401558
I mean my list goes ANH=Empire>power gap>rogue one and I really resented TFA for just remaking ANH
>>
>>93401560
>characters underdeveloped
true
>tone is inconsistent
not a deal breaker for me, i can swallow jyn and cassian mowing down stormtroopers since one is a child soldier trained since birth to kill and the other is diego luna
>vader
looking cool is all i asked for since the OT, and as for undermining the empire looking bad, the empire has always gotten the cool toys, people have always focused, so even if you dont agree its still standard practice

it aint perfect, but it serviced my fan expectations in just the right way for me to end up watching twice, the action scences and unadulterated fanservice in every way, and the space abttles to end all space battles, were more than enough for me to be more than pleased

>inb4 normie
dont care, i love what i love, and i aint ashamed
>>
>>93401560
>cassian could be merged with Jyn to make a stronger character
maybe, but I'm not sure how you would do that easily
>it's hard to take the grittier nature of the film seirously when average joe type characters can waste stormtroopers as easily as the plot shielded main characters
it's an action movie and by the end of the movie they've all been wasted by regular stormtroopers (something that never happens to ANYONE important in the OT) save for those nuked by the death star
>vader sequences undermines the attempt to make the empire look bad
do you have to do that at this point? Everyone knows the Empire is evil, I don't think showing a bad guy doing cool shit automatically makes everyone join their side.
>Story seems to lack strong direction in its first two acts
I can understand that.
>>
>>93401545

>If we're willing to admit that TFA was basically an advertisement then why are so many people still defending it

For the same reason I don't care that Last Crusade is basically the same movie as Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I still found the characters and action entertaining. And in regards to TFA itself, I found it explored JJ's pet themes(family legacy/daddy issues) better then any of his other works, since it basically turned those inward and made it a whole odd meta commentary on how titanic an influence Star Wars is and how it would be to love up to that legacy.

>>93401560

I'm on a weird group of Rogue One fans where the fact that the characters were so flat and one-note ended up being a part of the reason I enjoyed it.

It was a near-perfect replication of the kind of simple, dirty 1960's Dirty Dozen/Where Eagles Dare styles of men-on-a-mission movies that I watched a lot of in my teen years when I was going through my war film phase. All of those films had flat, robotic characters who existed as pure genre chess pieces to be pushed around on the board and die dramatically like the characters in Rogue One. Part of the enjoyment is just watching professional do their jobs and deep six a bunch of faceless goons, cutting out a lot of the expected character beats in service of manly dramatic sacrifice.

But I get why not a lot of people liked it. if you haven't read a lot of Alistair Maclean books or watched a bunch of cheap Richard Burton WWII espionage movies, it's not going to connect with you and it's not really fair to say "You'll only really enjoy this movie if you have nostalgia for a very specific kind of movie.
>>
Ok I wanna get people's opinion on this, which was more fanservicey - Vader chopping up poor rebel mooks like a shitty 1980s teen slasher film or the Tantive IV shooting out the Profundity's ass like explosive diarrhea
>>
>>93401063
ESB > ANH > ROTS > RO = ROTJ > TFA >>>> TPM >>>>>> AOTC
>>
>>93401710
vader definitely
i loved it so much ,we need more badass vader moments
>>
File: Wickett.jpg (343KB, 708x960px) Image search: [Google]
Wickett.jpg
343KB, 708x960px
>>93401705
>For the same reason I don't care that Last Crusade is basically the same movie as Raiders of the Lost Ark.
>Last Crusade is widely liked as the best out of the trilogy, and is analogous to ROTJ
>Temple of Doom is considered the weakest out of the main trilogy, but is analogous to ESB
esbfgs btfo, rotj master race
>>
Drawfriend anon, if you are still lurking, are you still taking suggestions?

If yes, maybe you'd be willing to draw an Imperial version of pic related? Hera could be replaced by either Pryce or Seventh Sister and the loth-cats by loth-cat versions of the other Inkies and Thrawn.
>>
>>93401710
Vader, fucking absolutely.

It's the thing people have been asking for for basically forever, Vader doing his fucking job without any of the bullshit.
>>
>>93401063
OT (dont make me choose between my babies) > RO = ST > RoTS>>>>>TPM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AotC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>holiday special
>>
File: orangebuttcheeks.jpg (27KB, 335x388px) Image search: [Google]
orangebuttcheeks.jpg
27KB, 335x388px
I'm a huge fanboy for a lot of things, and that's resulted in me watching and reading a lot of shit that sucked hard for franchises I love. Street Fighter Alpha: The Animation, Street Fighter IV: The Ties that Bind, the really bad era of Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog, the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, etc. I love the series that these works are a part of, but I recognize how they all stink out loud.

I don't get how so many other Star Wars fans like a movie that only gets action right, but gets all of the stuff that Star Wars was more about wrong. I love a good action movie, but when you don't care about the characters who are involved in the action, the plot which the action is furthering, and the action itself is only presented well but not interesting or clever, there's no reason to care about the action at all. Rogue One was the most bored I've been in a blockbuster action movie in quite some time.

Worst of all, none of this is about the /co/ part of Star Wars.
>>
File: here is your (you).png (529KB, 606x900px) Image search: [Google]
here is your (you).png
529KB, 606x900px
>>93401756
>>
>>93401063
movies I like > movies you like
>>
>>93401756
its a spin-off with a different tone, so i walked in without expecting a star wars story, and walked out without trying to compare it to the originals

its more like fury lite rather than westerns or fantasy, and it does that very well, and its very enjoyable in that respect
>>
File: WDHMBT.png (14KB, 580x123px) Image search: [Google]
WDHMBT.png
14KB, 580x123px
Who could it be?
>>
>>93401705
the difference between Rogue One and all those badass 1960s WWII action movies is that at least one of the characters survived Dirty Dozen, Battle of the Bulge and Where Eagles Dare

>>93401063
>>93401728
FUCK NO, RATE STAR WARS MOVIES ON THE COMFY-METER (tm)
>TPM = 6 pillows
>AOTC = 3 pillows
>TCW = 4 pillows
>ROTS = 1 pillow
>REBELS = 8 pillows
>R1 = 3 pillows
>ANH = 11 pillows
>ESB= 10 pillows
>ROTJ = 9 pillows
>TFA = 5 pillows
>>
>>93401829
Rogue One's a pretty comfy movie
the fact that it was so slow in some parts was part of what I liked abotu it, I think
>>
>>93401829

>the difference between Rogue One and all those badass 1960s WWII action movies is that at least one of the characters survived Dirty Dozen, Battle of the Bulge and Where Eagles Dare

Sure, but the fact that they wiped everyone out was one of the best parts.
>>
File: NubianTransport.jpg (37KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
NubianTransport.jpg
37KB, 640x340px
>>93401710

making this bomber.. shall i proceed?
>>
>>93401441
>stormfags
No one mentioned them
>>
Hey, /swco/.
I'm not really a big Star Wars guy, but someone mentioned something in another thread and I figured you guys would know the answers.
What is a Yuuzhan Vong? I don't remember that name from any of the movies. Is it from the Clone Wars cartoon or something?
>>
>>93401756
honestly TFA = Rogue One, but Rogue One had the supreme advantage in visuals while TFA had the benefit of nostalgic characters to connect with
I dislike both

>>93401841
but the WWII movies NEVER to my knowledge wiped EVERYBODY out, there were always a couple survivors, typically the highest paid lead actors

>>93401837
rate them in terms of pillows or blankets or something

>>93401847
>complaining about jews unironically
>not a stormfag
really makes me think
>>
>93401872
This exact same post appeared identically in the last two threads. Do not reply to it. It is copypasta. It is bait.
>>
>>93401878

>but the WWII movies NEVER to my knowledge wiped EVERYBODY out, there were always a couple survivors, typically the highest paid lead actors

Sorry, no I meant that Rogue One doing it was one of the best parts.
>>
I mean, being enamored by things that aren't fantastic but I think have "potential" has been a thing for me for a long time. Several of the games I played my friends would chew me out for playing but I liked playing them because I could see something they could be with progress that they couldn't.

Rogue One is a stupid, comfy action movie with underdeveloped main characters. Maybe it was bad at managing the time it had, but a space war movie in a pulp sci-fi universe using vietnam and WW2-era equipment as props is just about the best set-up a movie could conceivably have for me. With TFA there were things I kind of wanted it to do but by the end it was obvious to me that the vision was "we're going to make ANH again in as cheap a way as possible" and I lost all imagination.
>>
>>93401893

lol this whole thread is a fucking robot shit post from facebook.
>>
>comfy

fuck off
>>
File: 1498102943632.jpg (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498102943632.jpg
83KB, 600x600px
>>93401895
Oh I'd disagree with that (especially in regards to the fundamentally anti-nihilistic and cynical themes that make Star Wars what it is) but I can respect your opinion knowing now that you weren't referring to The Eagle Has Landed or Kelly's Heroes.
>>
>>93401872
>What is a Yuuzhan Vong?
Non-canon
>>
File: 9.jpg (374KB, 1515x2048px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
374KB, 1515x2048px
>>93401905
I wish, facebook actually posts quality canon content
>>
>>93401710
Vader, without a doubt. He was like a goddamn force of nature.
>>
>>93401910
>getting triggered by 'comfy'
sperg

it's literally just another way to say "thing that is atmospheric and immersive in a comfortable way"

if you don't understand it and it makes you upset to hear then that's your problem buddy

>>93401923
Meanwhile, TFA has the government the OT was spent fighting for annihilated so we can spend three more movies doing rebels n' empire

R1 had people fighting for a good cause and accepting in the mission to scarif being likely suicidal but doing it because it was the right thing to do, I don't think that's inherently cynical
>>
>>93401618
>maybe, but I'm not sure how you would do that easily
I'm just spitballing here, but I guess I'd make it so after the prologue, we get Jyn working as a Rebel in Cassian's position. We understand her motivations because we see how she would hate the Empire, but at the same time, we could have her feeling conflicted and tired of it all because of her doing the dirty work that Cassian did. The search for her father once word comes her way would then reignite her passion and idealism.

>do you have to do that at this point? Everyone knows the Empire is evil, I don't think showing a bad guy doing cool shit automatically makes everyone join their side.
RO kind of expanded on just how bad the Empire is to the average person. It's one thing to see Alderaan blown to bits, but another entirely to see a small sample of the human (and non-human) cost when you see the scale of the DS's destructive capabilities at low power and what happens to Jedha and Scarif. We see families torn apart and the Order of the Whills left in ruins. In short, we were shown just how much life under the Empire sucks.

So when you take this seemingly monolithic evil and show how bad it is on a day to day level instead of keeping them the cartoonish bad guys that we're mostly told are bad (although we do see some of its worst traits in the other movies), you want to keep that consistent.

Vader comes in and suddenly the bad guys look cool and you're looking forward to him hurting Rebels even though you were supposed to be rooting for them before this moment. It'd be like showing the Warsaw Uprising for most of a movie and then seeing an elite Nazi unit kick ass in the coolest manner possible at the end.
>>
>>93401898

>With TFA there were things I kind of wanted it to do but by the end it was obvious to me that the vision was "we're going to make ANH again in as cheap a way as possible" and I lost all imagination.

I dunno, I just like the new cast so much, and like Trek '09 JJ's super-speed pacing worked really well on me.

>>93401923

> in regards to the fundamentally anti-nihilistic and cynical themes

I think Rogue One managed to balance the expected themes of a Star Wars movie with the genre trappings of the old-fashioned cynical WWII mission movies.

Though I could have done without everyone saying the world "hope" 50 times.
>>
>people who think the ST dynamic is the same as the OT when both sides have assfucked each other completely
>>
>>93401826
Hmm... wonder who it could be.
>>
>>93401829
>ESB
>10 pillows
>TPM
>only 6 pillows
Pod racing is quite confy even if its not safe.
TPM its a soft 8 pillows
>>
>>93401973
Well, it's Star Wars. They're clearly expecting that you already know what's going on, which might be problematic to some- but the Empire have always had the coolest shit since the OT. The very first scene of A New Hope is rebels getting gunned down by Stormtroopers breaching a spaceship.

>It'd be like showing the Warsaw Uprising for most of a movie and then seeing an elite Nazi unit kick ass in the coolest manner possible at the end.

...I feel like I might watch that movie.
>>
>>93401878
I hate having to argue in favor of TFA by comparison, because after the movie came out my friends and I came home and immediately started complaining about another death star, where were Y-Wings, why did she get so good at the force so fast, why did they bother casting two guys from The Raid for the shittiest scenes in the movie, etc. For all of it's flaws I still sort of cared about what was going on, and I just don't care about action for action's sake unless it's really interesting action (which the closest RO came for me was the use of the Hammerhead). Both movies weren't good, and I have no intention of seeing another live action Star Wars movie unless they really improve.

Cinematic universes are bullshit. I hate that cape comic discussion has to deal with it so much, and I hate that studios are trying to make them more of a thing than they already are.
>>
File: 14873397031830.jpg (28KB, 494x400px) Image search: [Google]
14873397031830.jpg
28KB, 494x400px
>>93401923

it would be nice if they will show a year in which lucas said it.

first movie was analytical view on happening in former british empire as Tatcher and her royal gangbang bodies went to power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher
>>
>>93401063
Objectively (how good I think they are):
ESB > ANH > RO > ROTJ > TFA > ROTS > TPM > AOTC

Subjectively (how much I love them):
RO > ANH > ESB > ROTS > ROTJ > AOTC > TPM > TFA
>>
>>93401872
Stuff from the old Expanded Universe. It's not canon anymore thankfully as it was edgy and pretty discordant with the Star Wars themes and setting.
>>
I kind of wanted to see a role reversal for the ST, when I first heard about it. This time the Empire are the rebellious splinter faction and the new republic are chasing them down. The fact that TFA had the republic blown up before they could do anything and gave us the resistance just bored the heck out of me.
>>
I loved TFA and R1. And I'm thinking of watching them tonight.
Is that a bad thing? What does that say about me?
>>
>>93401063

ESB > ANH > ROTJ = TFA > RO > ROTS > TPM > AOTC
>>
>>93402016
when do the rebels get cool things to match the empire

the coolest things rebels have done is the death star fight, one of the few times the rebels are more famous than their imperial counterparts, and the battle of endor, where they pry victory from the jaws of defeat

in both cases, their finest moments, the empire still managed to get one over them like vaders TIE advanced murdering everyone
>>
>>93401923
I look at this image, and I can't help but recall that SW was introduced during a period of national cynicism and a time when cinema featured antiheroes and stories filled with shades of grey and black.

And then I think of all the mongoloids out there who are all "the new trilogy should go in a more grey direction to match the mood of the modern day and expand the directions the story can go in."

Why are there so many plebs in the world?
>>
>>93401963
I'm not defending TFA, but it did at least give us 30 years of peace in between the trilogies, which is 30 years more than can be said about the EU.
Still, I wince at the insistence of people to include edgy shit in one of the last few franchises that deals in sincere idealism. There are COUNTLESS grimdark shows and movies and books of every genre, and criminally few fairytales with a genuine, serious childlike innocence that are not totally unwatchable by anybody above the age of 3. Star Wars is one of the last outposts of good feelings in a bleak and mean spirited cinema landscape, and I shudder at the thought that it will no longer remain as such by people who want enforced conformity.

>>93401984
>everyone saying hope every other fucking line
>there isn't any hope in the movie except for it to be over so Leia can save the day in ANH
this was definitely annoying, if you're gonna be as grim as R1 was, keep it fucking consistent
>>
Oh shit, I've just read that Kasdan wanted to retire after Han Solo movie.

That's like the first good news about that disaster of a film.
>>
>>93401196
>Honestly, the only dumb fanservice moments were the cantina dudes and C3PO and R2D2 briefly showing up.
There was literally nothing wrong with the droids. For one it kinda explained how and why they ended up on the ship at the beginning of ANH. That aside, it's basically a tradition to have R2 and C3PO to show up in every Star Wars movie or tv show.

Either way, it was far more subtle than C3PO just popping up and ruining a perfectly good and heartwarming scene and shouting "HEY LOOK AT MY RED ARM! DID YOU NOTICE THE NEW RED ARM I GOT?" I can never understand why people praise this cameo but attack the cameo in RO.
>>
>>93402051
>is that a bad thing
not at all
>what does this say about me
that you love star wars

not everything has to be hate, despite it being the only emotion /co/ seems to understand

i love watching them too
>>
>>93402037
People love to root for underdogs the most, and equals who are on higher moral ground second. There was no way were going to get a movie that portrays space nazis favorably, and a movie about a strong republic dealing with scattered, weak badguys just doesn't excite people as much. That would be a risk, and Disney isn't about risk.
>>
>>93402051
>Is that a bad thing?
No. We disagree on it, but opinions are subjective

>What does that say about me?
That you're going to watch movies that you enjoy.
>>
>>93402069

>Why are there so many plebs in the world?

To be fair, Pottery King tried to make SW more morally grey with the Prequels Trilogy and we saw how that turned out.

So it's not like he didn't go back on what he said.
>>
>>93402051
It says you have a shit taste and you should be ashamed of yourself.

There is always a chance that by watching TFA again you will realise how wrong you were, but still, even if you won't noone died of shit taste yet.
>>
File: Eugen Weber photo.jpg (402KB, 883x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Eugen Weber photo.jpg
402KB, 883x1074px
>>93402069
>Why are there so many plebs in the world?
Secularism. There is no god but the state, and the media is its profit.

>"... here we are at the end of the 20th century with a lot of people lonely in a Godless world—and now they are denied not only God but the solid substance of judgment and perception". "The world has always been disgracefully managed but now you no longer know to whom to complain." - Eugen Weber

They do not know or believe in anything but the experience they have in life, and right now, that experience is shit. So they think everything needs to be as shitty as them to be enjoyable.

Sorry for waxing philosophical but you asked for it.
>>
>>93402078
holy shit kasdan is such a beta bitch boy cuck good riddance

I wonder what ESB and ROTJ would have been like with Ron Howard helping GL
>>
>>93402069
>so many plebs
as it turns out most people are average
>>
>>93402070
But pure idealism doesn't mean as much if you don't have bad things happening to balance it out. If you lead a life without any strife, you'll ultimately become jaded and bored because you've had nothing to make the good things in life seem good.

There's a point where you can go overboard with edge, but a little bit of it can just make the idealism of the characters seem all the more pronounced. Wonder Woman, for instance.

>>93402144
>muh "humans need god or they'll all act cynical or amoral"
leave
>>
>>93402132
>this post
kek, this summarizes /tv/ in two autistic lines.
>>
>>93402079
I think the complaints about the droids was more that their cameo really stuck out in the movie. The way they were included made enough sense in universe, but it felt too much like "yep, we gotta put these two in." C3PO's red arm and shoving himself into the scene was bad, but R2D2 was in the movie for plot reasons, so their inclusion was okay. In RO it was basically a Stan Lee cameo, and one that seemed at odds with the movie's tone.
>>
>>93402175
not the argument I made, the argument was that they needed something good to believe in, not something demonstrably shitty, believing in flagrantly immoral things (e.g. Greek gods) is psychological poison

*tips fedora* M'lady.
>>
>>93402078
>Han Solo movie.
How mediocre is this movie going to be?
>>
>>93402179
Exactly. In RO you only saw the droids from behind as well.
>>
>a whole thread of nothing except for actually discussing Star Wars movies
Excuse me, did I accidentally click on the wrong thread? I was looking for /swco/.
>>
>>93402209
Disney hired a pair of directors who were turning the movie into exactly what everyone expected them to turn it into, then replaced them part way through production to make it a more typical movie in its genre. Same thing happened with Fantastic Four (2015), and look how great that turned out.
>>
>>93402209
might be great, might be better than any other movie there is, might be worse than TFA, who knows, I'll still be offended by its very existence regardless of whether I enjoy it or not because I have a personal aversion to the idea of capeshit character movies even though I like most of them
>>
>>93402116
I'd argue that while some moral ambiguity was introduced in the prequels and TCW, ultimately, the story remained mostly black and white because we knew that there were clear cut good guys even among the troubled Republic and Jedi, and that ultimately, the main antagonists were all very much pure bad guys who were responsible for most of what was going wrong as well as what risked turning grey.
>>
>>93402263
the inverted bookends of the Binary Sunset (one of the first scenes of the first movie and the last scene of the last movie, so chronologically in universe they basically touch, "muh ring theory" and so on) felt a lot more sincere though in comparison to HEY LOOK HERE'S LEIA THE REAL STAR OF THE SHOW
>>
>>93402263

>I'd argue that while some moral ambiguity was introduced in the prequels and TCW, ultimately, the story remained mostly black and white because we knew that there were clear cut good guys even among the troubled Republic and Jedi, and that ultimately, the main antagonists were all very much pure bad guys who were responsible for most of what was going wrong as well as what risked turning grey.

Well I'd say that's a big issue with the PT, in that it's trying to find some kind moral ambiguity in a world that can't support it outside of maybe very limited pockets.

It's why Ian McDirmand gives the best performance of the whole lot, he's the only one that knows this is silly nonsense and not a grand Shakespearean tragedy or a 1950's James Dean doomed romance melodramatic weepie.
>>
File: best ranking v2.png (3MB, 2100x1135px) Image search: [Google]
best ranking v2.png
3MB, 2100x1135px
>>93401063
>>
>>93402321
They were Georgie boy's movies, and they were definitely sincere. The Prequels were shitty movies, but they were his shitty movies, full of new (mostly bad) ideas.
Disney Star Wars isn't even trying to hide how it's only made to sell merch and cash in on nostalgia.
>>
>>93402205
I just think the idea that humans can't be complete believing in themselves is a little insulting, not to sound like an anime.
>>
>>93402352
>AOTC
>OK tier
>TPM better than ROTS
>>
>>93402367
>full of new (mostly bad) ideas
What's with the sudden wave of /tv/ posters?
>>
>>93402367

>Disney Star Wars isn't even trying to hide how it's only made to sell merch and cash in on nostalgia.

I just can't accept this narrative after years of people making fun of Lucas for branding anything possible with a Star Wars logo for sale and even including a whole race of cuddly teddy bear monsters as built-in toys.

Lucas and Disney did the exact same things and people just hand-wave it as though auteur theory is some sort of bulletproof shield that makes you inherently better then a company by design.
>>
File: ROTS.png (54KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ROTS.png
54KB, 1366x768px
I'm currently making a version of Revenge of the Sith that adds in a few deleted scenes (the one where Palpatine and Anakin talk about the Chancellor taking direct control over the Jedi Council, the one where the Delegation of the 2,000 is formed, the one where the Delegation meets with Palpatine, then the one where the Jedi discuss the dark aura surrounding Palpatine). I'll probably upload it somewhere for you guys so would you like me to add any other deleted scenes? The only one I really don't want to add is the one where the clones disguise themselves as Jedi because I think it's stupid as fuck.
>>
>>93402383
They can of course, but first they have to believe that humans are good instead of murderous, divisive, greedy, hateful, perverted, barbaric, tribal, evil, racist, corrupt good-for-nothing scum, and political institutions are not the ideal role model for that. And I include as political institutions the Fourth Estate of the media.
>>
>>93401826

wedge?
>>
File: 1497705439486.png (94KB, 703x644px) Image search: [Google]
1497705439486.png
94KB, 703x644px
RotS>RO>ANH>RotJ>ESB>TPM>AotC>>>>>>>>>>>TFA
>>
>>93402441
because the narrative is horse shit promoted by EUfags who got burned by the canon purge and need a scapegoat to lash out at now that they can no longer piss on Lucas
>>
>>93402447

Just don't add the one where Shaak Ti gets killed by Grevious because it'll trigger me as it's non-canon
>>
File: 3be.jpg (7KB, 250x193px) Image search: [Google]
3be.jpg
7KB, 250x193px
ANH > ESB > ROTJ > ROTS > RO >= TFA > TPM > AOTC > HOLIDAY SPECIAL
>>
>>93402543
Yeah I didn't want to add that either because it's noncanon. Plus I don't want to add any with unfinished CGI.
>>
>>93401872
I'll give you a non-retarded and non-dismissive answer.
They were an extra-galactic race that invaded the Star Wars universe. They were unique in regards they almost completely relied on organic technology and despised machinery, droids and non-living tech. They also couldnt feel the Force either which made them immune to Jedi and Sith alike.

They were mostly hated because they were almost 40k levels of what. I appreciate what they tried to do but it wasnt set up properly. You have to understand things were kinda of stagnant at this point in the EU. Everything was a copy of the OT or PT.
>>
>>93402560

the holiday special is like the definition of kinography you utter pleb

stay woke
>>
>>93401497
>and honestly think it below ROTJ
Well ROTJ is the best so no shit
TFA is the worst SW film
It's a better film compared to AOTC but AOTC is a better SW film.
>>
File: HO5GatheringForcesForEndor.jpg (234KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
HO5GatheringForcesForEndor.jpg
234KB, 1920x816px
>>93402601
>Well ROTJ is the best so no shit
my wookiee
>>
Why did the Death Star blast looked different for Jedha and Scariff? First time it looked like an asteroid impact (which I think was more realistic considering how the superlaser works), second time it looked like a nuclear fireball with no debris to be seen.
>>
>>93401481
so you call them drawfag them ask them to draw something for you?

fuck off
>>
ANH=ESB>RO>ROTJ>>>>TFA>>>PREQUEL NONSENSE
>>
>>93402681
Drawfag is a general term used here retard. Nobody uses it in a derogatory manner.
>>
>>93402687
winner
>>
>>93402681
newfag detected
>>
Where did the "it's good because the director tried" meme start?
>>
>>93402673
Completely different shot. We did not get much lingering shots of Scariff but they both had the "nuclear" look
>>
>>93402690
>>93402721
TRICKED
>>
>>93401235
>>93401134
kys
>>
>>93402882
no u
>>
File: Ted Cruz, Imperial officer.jpg (463KB, 1671x800px) Image search: [Google]
Ted Cruz, Imperial officer.jpg
463KB, 1671x800px
>>93402922
THE DELEGATES THRAWNALD
>>
>>93402681
Fucking neophytes have ruined these threads.
>>
File: 1497815580479.png (100KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
1497815580479.png
100KB, 257x368px
>>
>>93403008
Second one from the right looks a bit like Justin "Fidel's jr" Trudeau.
>>
Why does everyone complain about "inconsistent tone"
>>
File: 1498085622425.jpg (31KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498085622425.jpg
31KB, 480x480px
>>93402069
>Star Wars is everything anti-hip

Is that why it's trying to prove women and blacks are better people than white men like every other entertainment property out there?
>>
File: Saw_Gerrera_with_cane.jpg (214KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Saw_Gerrera_with_cane.jpg
214KB, 1536x1024px
>>93403235
How was he "better"? What kind of portrayal would fall under this? BVS, Aquaman, Spider-man Homecoming, Star Trek 3 have black villains.
>>
>>93401063

> ESB = R1 > 77 > ROTJ = TFA >>>>> TPM > AOTC = ROTS
>>
>>93403235
>Is that why it's trying to prove women and blacks are better people than white men

Don't be that guy
>>
>>93403145
Out of curiosity, just how many of these do we have?
>>
>all these people that don't have TFA dead last
Looks like this general isn't for me anymore.
>>
>>93403469
That's the third variation I've seen posted here. Could be more.
>>
File: shield gate.png (87KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
shield gate.png
87KB, 257x368px
>>93403469
>>
Reminder that Kathleen Kennedy is the official Star Wars expert and always knows what's best for the franchise.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/22/ron-howard-takes-over-directing-duties-on-han-solo-film/

>After relaunching the franchise, which had taken damage from the critical reception of the Star Wars prequels, and building not just an acclaimed new saga with The Force Awakens but kicking off a series of stand-alone films with Rogue One, Kennedy felt she had earned her galactic bona fides: The directors should give her the benefit of the doubt and follow her concept of what the Star Wars movie should be.
>>
File: 5.jpg (99KB, 1584x816px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
99KB, 1584x816px
>>93403553
>mfw
>>
I just finished reading Guardians of the Whills.

That book is the comfiest Star Wars book I have ever read. Easily boosted Baze and Chirrut up my favorite characters list.

>>93400861
This is actually explained in the book; Baze's gun is a custom-modified Tank Turret he salvaged/stole. Baze is just stronk enough to carry it around.

The huge silver container he has on his back is a cooling chamber to stop the turret blowing up in his hands.

That's why you're not seeing it anywhere else.
>>
File: Droid Reaction.png (1MB, 1022x710px) Image search: [Google]
Droid Reaction.png
1MB, 1022x710px
>>93401196
>Honestly, the only dumb fanservice moments were the cantina dudes and C3PO and R2D2 briefly showing up
The funny thing about the droids is I think Star Wars fans are honest-to-God done with them

I NEVER see people excited to talk or point out those droids, but I have seen people excited for Chopper. That's fanservice done right. For the fans, adding positively to the universe, while not being shoehorned or in your face.

Pic very related
>>
>>93403752
>>After relaunching the franchise, which had taken damage from the critical reception of the Star Wars prequels, and building not just an acclaimed new saga with The Force Awakens but kicking off a series of stand-alone films with Rogue One, Kennedy felt she had earned her galactic bona fides: The directors should give her the benefit of the doubt and follow her concept of what the Star Wars movie should be.

So Kathleen Kennedy is going the Lucas route. It's MY sandbox, you're going to play in it MY way. This sucks, I honestly thought we might actually get some crazy, off-the-wall Star Wars movies, but nope.
>>
>>93403752
>Ron Howard taking over directing duties
I'm kinda optimistic about this.
>>
>>93403841
That's not what George was doing though
The OT had multiple people directing and he wanted others to do the Prequels but no one wanted to

>>93403904
It's probably just some reshoots and the last 3 weeks of production they had left.
The movie is definitely going to be very mixed because of different directors.
>>
>>93403835
We've seen them so often that it's barely noteworthy that they had a cameo in RO. Chopper was huge since it was a definite cross-medium moment that a lot of people were skeptical would ever happen. It was genuinely exciting to see a major character from a cartoon appear, even as a cameo.
>>
>>93403835
There's no reason to even care about the droids, they've been around forever and a cameo from them is meaningless. Hell, the last time we saw them in TFA they were basically cameos anyway.
>>
>>93400769
Oh, so this character actually has a name. Color me surprised.
>>
>>93404000
Yes anon, they say it in the movie
>>
>>93404000
Do you have ADHD or something?

Or is this a /tv/ meme I have missed
>>
>>93404020
once, offhand

not good writing
>>
>>93403835
There are multiple levels of fanservice for a series as popular as Star Wars. R2 and X-Wings are for casual fans.
>>
>>93403752
Why is everyone quick to blame Kennedy?

Rumors were suggesting that L&M were adding in shitty quips that weren't in the script, as well as producing very mediocre action scenes.

It was Alden himself who was expressing major concern that the movie was becoming a joke, which prompted Kennedy to take action.

I don't exactly like Kennedy neither, but in this situation, it seems like she was completely justified to bring in Ron Howard, who seems far more fitting and deserving of the movie. This has nothing to do with Kennedy trying to make Star Wars "one type" of film, or wanting to limit Lord & Miller's "creative freedom". Especially after how Rogue One took a lot of risks for a Star Wars movie, and both Gareth and Rian have expressed that they have had a lot of creative freedom with their movies.

They just didn't go full retard with it, whereas it seems Lord & Miller did.
>>
>>93401063
ROTS > RO = ANH > TPM > ROTJ > AOTC = ESB >>>>>>>>>>>> TFA
>>
>>93404036
>im too dumb to remember a characters name, even though it's said clearly in the movie, and everybody else in the thread knew it just fine
>this is the writers fault
>>
>>93404143
>said once in the movie
>bunch of people who talk about star wars every day know his name
whoa!!!
>>
>>93404122

>and both Gareth and Rian have expressed that they have had a lot of creative freedom with their movies.

M8, we know large parts of Rogue Juan were reshot.

Rian Johnson is a different story. He has enough clout and enough of a bantzmaster that if he was getting fucked by Disney he either would have quit or would have let something slip. But RO was not made with a lot of "creative freedom."
>>
>>93404173
Why do you come to a Star Wars thread if you're just going to complain about Star Wars?
>>
>>93404195
>M8, we know large parts of Rogue Juan were reshot.
No, we know that reshoots were done to make the ending more streamlined

they certainly weren't "massive" and mainly were just there to simply the stealing of the plans
>>
>>93404220
>he comes to 4chan for discussion
just go outside
>>
>>93404122
>This has nothing to do with Kennedy trying to make Star Wars "one type" of film, or wanting to limit Lord & Miller's "creative freedom".

Yeah it has.
They hired them to make the Han Solo movie, so let them make the movie they want to make.
But they're not firing them because they wanted to make their own movie, which they were hired to do.

>both Gareth and Rian have expressed that they have had a lot of creative freedom with their movies.
Gareth had a shit ton of reshoots with a different writer/director(?) though since his stuff wasn't "good enough". Which seems to be the same thing they're doing with the Han Solo movie.
The difference is that Lord and Miller seems to have more "integrity" and didn't want to play along with LF. Where as Gareth rolled over since he was happy with just making a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>93404173
It was said 5 times in the movie and the promotional materials and books also would have been options to familiarize yourself with the name.

It's no one's fault but your own that you can't pay attention
>>
>>93404291
>But they're not firing them
But they're firing them*
>>
>>93404195
I know about the Rogue One reshoots, but Gareth actually recently came out to explain that most of it was just because the final act of the movie was too long. The DS plans and the transmitter were supposed to be completely separate buildings that Jyn would have had to travel through (evidence of this is in the trailers if you remember)

However regarding the creative decisions made by Gareth and Lucasfilm, they had TONS of freedom. Gareth even said he was surprised at how much, stating that he didn't even think he would be allowed to kill half the cast, let alone all of them. He brought up the possibility to Kennedy, and she told him to go for it.

Kennedy isn't the meddling, trigger-happy, satanic feminazi that some people believe she is. At Celebration this year she was praising Gareth and RO for the risks it took above all else, and said she was expecting Star Wars movies to continue to surprise fans in the future.
>>
File: coloursketch.jpg (73KB, 599x533px) Image search: [Google]
coloursketch.jpg
73KB, 599x533px
Newbie drawfag reporting back after last night's thread. I have some free time now so starting to add some colour to this.
Thanks all for your patience. Slow and steady...

>>93401481
To do that justice, I think I'd have to read the second and third Aftermath books, and I haven't been able to find the courage, yet. Sorry.
>>93401746
That's... pretty cute, I have to say, Pryce frolicking with some imperial lothcats. I'll take it under advisement.
>>93402681
I appreciate your concern anon, but it's alright, we like it
>>
>>93404291
>add shitty jokes that weren't in the approved script, and bad action scenes to the movie
>to the point that the lead actor is complaining
>"waahhhh they should have been allowed to make it that way if they wanted"
What the fuck are you smoking, anon?
>>
>>93404291
We already know why Gareth had to do re-shoots, and it wasn't because his footage wasnt "good enough"
>>
>>93404299
my my we're defensive.
>>
>>93404122
Not the anon you replied to but I agree. L&M probably would've given the movie too much unneeded levity, but that's just considering their background in comedy, I don't mind there being humour in a Han Solo movie but I don't want the movie to evolve into Jump Street in space.
>>
>>93404320

> but Gareth actually recently came out to explain that most of it was just because the final act of the movie was too long

Except there was clearly a lot of background material on Jyn that got cut. More with Whittaker's character, more with Galen and Ben Mehndelson, etc. Also apparently so much of Riz Ahmed's character was reshot that he even got an entirely new name, which is insane.

>Kennedy isn't the meddling, trigger-happy, satanic feminazi that some people believe she is

I'm not saying she is. She's been a Hollywood producer since the 80's, she wasn't born yesterday and she knows what she's doing.

I'm just saying Rogue One was not made with pure creative freedom.

>>93404385

>I don't mind there being humour in a Han Solo movie but I don't want the movie to evolve into Jump Street in space.

Which makes me wonder why they hired them in the first place.
>>
>>93404376
Yeah, you are getting pretty defensive
>>
Why were L&M even picked in the first place?
>>
>>93404398
>Except there was clearly a lot of background material on Jyn that got cut. More with Whittaker's character, more with Galen and Ben Mehndelson, etc. Also apparently so much of Riz Ahmed's character was reshot that he even got an entirely new name, which is insane.
Where the fuck are you getting all of this?

>I'm just saying Rogue One was not made with pure creative freedom.
It had more than enough for Gareth to leave his desired mark, making his own decisions, as will Rian and TLJ.

Studio heads meddling could be much, much worse. When the movies start turning into the MCU, then we can worry about directors not getting any creative freedom. Everything we have heard about this fiasco suggests that Lord & Miller were truly screwing it up for everyone.
>>
File: asajjventress.jpg (495KB, 819x1500px) Image search: [Google]
asajjventress.jpg
495KB, 819x1500px
Why does it seem like Ventress has wildly inconsistent power levels. One episode she can't stop a padawan and the next she is topping a Jedi master with no problem.
>>
>>93404398
>Which makes me wonder why they hired them in the first place.

My guess is that Kathleen thought that they would be good picks to bring out the natural charm and charisma that Alden would need to portray Han Solo, to make him come off as naturally funny.

She probably didn't expect them to do this by adding in quips that shouldn't have been there, to "force" Han's comedic side.
>>
>>93404437
See: >>93404463
>>
>>93404437
>>93404398
Because even without their comedic elements, they're good at handling multiple characters at once and they're good with action.
>>
>>93404398
>Except there was clearly a lot of background material on Jyn that got cut. More with Whittaker's character, more with Galen and Ben Mehndelson, etc. Also apparently so much of Riz Ahmed's character was reshot that he even got an entirely new name, which is insane.
Source?

>I'm just saying Rogue One was not made with pure creative freedom.
of course not, but it was made with quite a lot of freedom, enough for Gareth to feel comfortable and to leave his mark.
>>
>>93404437
Of the original Star Wars cast, Han was "the funny one," so they chose directors who direct comedies. Then when they focused on what they do best, and what they were clearly hired for, they got kicked out.
Han wasn't just a funny guy of course, but that's what they do, that's what they were hired for, and Lucasfilm is totally at fault for picking the wrong directors for their project, same as Fantastic Four, Suicide Squad, Ant-Man, etc.
>>
>>93404437

>Why were L&M even picked in the first place?

The only thing that makes any sense is that they're known as the miracle workers of inherently stupid ideas and Kennedy knew that everyone would consider Young Han Solo to be an inherently retarded idea.

ie

>Young Han Solo? That sounds idiotic, who wants that?

>Oh man, the Jump Street/Lego guys are directing it? Well, they've done more with less

The problem is they're going to want to make a wacky comedy and Kasdan clearly wants to make his big sendoff to the universe he helped shape.
>>
File: Ventress's Bad Day Out.webm (3MB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
Ventress's Bad Day Out.webm
3MB, 1000x424px
>>93404455
Firstly, power levels don't exist in Star Wars. And before you mention Midichlorians, those are more a measurement of potential and growth, than actual explicit power levels.

Secondly,
>One episode she can't stop a padawan and the next she is topping a Jedi master with no problem.
I don't know what you even mean by this? Any time Ventress fought Ahsoka, Ventress always had the upper hand. Ahsoka would likely even be dead had Luminara not been there.

The strongest Ventress was ever portrayed was when she force choked Obi-Wan and Anakin, and that clearly took every single shred of hatred and power within her, as she was in the worst situation of her entire life. She couldn't even finish them off, she was begging them to just leave her alone.
>>
File: genera;.jpg (159KB, 664x544px) Image search: [Google]
genera;.jpg
159KB, 664x544px
Who was the more favored by Count Dooku?
>>
>>93404766
>>
>>93404804
I like this, Cushing and Lee were bros irl.
>>
>>93404291
>They hired them to make the Han Solo movie, so let them make the movie they want to make
>>84215028
>Lord and Miller get hired to make the Han Solo prequel
>It's a standard boilerplate Disney SW movie exactly like they will make every year from now on indefinitely for decades; some action, some comic relief, some sadness
>Lord and Miller decide they want to make more of a star wars comedy
>They can't ask for a new script because it will tip off the studio that they are changing the film, so instead they shoot the take from the script, then encourage actors to ad-lib a few takes mostly with more humor in mind
>They end up using the improv takes instead of the ones that follow the script
>No one knows anything about this except the actors and some of the people working on the film since no one watches the dailies
>Eventually Alden Ehrenreich, who hates the comedy direction and wants his character to be serious goes to Disney and personaly rats them out to Kathleen Kennedy, tells her they are not making the movie they are supposed to and they are ruining his character
>Kennedy demands to see the cut of the film they have so far
>They send her the cut so far
>It's a comedy and doesn't follow the script at all
>She completely freaks out and says this wasn't the film you were hired to make
>She demands they reshoot everything and follow the original script
>They refuse
>She fires them and hires Ron Howard to do the reshoot
She made a good call
>>
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2017/06/21/star-wars-battlefront-ii-inferno-squad-exclusive-excerpt/103037074/

So Iden was present at the deaths of both Death Stars, having been caught in the debris field of the first just as it explodes.
>>
File: inferno.jpg (85KB, 1000x1143px) Image search: [Google]
inferno.jpg
85KB, 1000x1143px
>>93405104
Whats the consensus on the Inferno Squad designs?
>>
>>93405104

definitely not an ahsoka-level OC donut steel though
>>
>>93405156
I like it. I know some people don't like the suped up TIE pilot design being used for special forces, but I don't mind. I think they look cool.

I'm just hoping the game won't be complete shit.
>>
>>93405156

I love the idea of inferno squad but I think those pilot helmets look goofy, always have - I wish it was a new helmet that we haven't seen before
>>
>>93405156
They should have had black and red scout trooper helmets instead
>>
>>93405156
I like it

i bet some fags will complain that they weren't given some ocdonutsteel special armor
>>
File: CW24.jpg (53KB, 310x405px) Image search: [Google]
CW24.jpg
53KB, 310x405px
>>93401056
Originally there was going to be a Top Gun-esque arc in TCW involving Rex and R2 as well as some clones. In that same arc there would be a Terminator-esque vibe as well when Rex and R2 capture a Super Battle Droid and grow attached to it over the course of the episodes.
>>
>>93405156
My mind associates that helmet with pilot, so I can't see it as a ground trooper helmet. It's like seeing fire turn something into ice. It's just confuses and hurts my poor pea brain.
>>
File: Stormtroopers.png (566KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
Stormtroopers.png
566KB, 960x639px
Anyone else feel like everything about the stormtroopers in rebels is terrible? Design, voice acting, mannerisms it all feels either wrong or just strait up bad.
>>
>>93405195
I think it fits really well if they are used for space combat as well and are kinda used as a jack of all trades sort of trooper ones that can move between land and air with relative ease.
>>
>>93405372
they're...cute

i wish they would seem menacing at least once
>>
>>93405156
i dont mind it just seems like storm commandos may have been a better choice since they can fly also
>>
File: death_trooper.jpg (133KB, 990x600px) Image search: [Google]
death_trooper.jpg
133KB, 990x600px
>>93405156
So how many stormtrooper special forces does this put us at now, I've lost track? Bonus points if you can explain why Disney feels the need to keep making more rather than use existing ones.
>>
>>93405372
They're like less funny versions of the B1 droids, but also somehow more incompetent
>>
>>93405461
>Disney makes star wars
>>
>>93405472

I think that's the problem with Stormtroopers on the whole. In the first movie they were intentionally missing shots and built up to be a big deal. In the second one Luke only survived by taking cover, and even then Vader wanted to meet him instead of just have him shot. In the last one they manage to catch Han trying to sneak around and fight him mano a mano, absolutley fuck the Ewoks and Rebels, and wound Leia.

NuCanon, and to be fair large swathes of the EU, has this bizarre idea that Stormtroopers are bumbling retards when that was literally never true in the films. It also has them not just get treated like disposable drones, but like filler you can just kill off for a punchline.
>>
>>93405195
>>93405156
>>93405216
>>93405274

Lads, Inferno Squadron is literally space-focused. That's why they have TIE Pilot helmets.

We see Iden in her TIE in the trailer, and the Novel excerpt also has her piloting. Battlefront 2 is probably going to have ground-combat out of necessity, not choice, with most of Inferno Squads prior experience being in the air.

The recent comics also showed TIE Pilots full geared up for action after exiting their vehicles.

It's not like they were chosen for shits and giggles
>>
>>93405543
Seriously the more expendable Clones get treated with more care and respect. Get more varied voice acting too, I don't know why they thought to reuse the same voice for all stormtroopers in rebels, and it doesn't help that the actor always sounds like he doesn't care about anything that is happening.
>>
>>93403779
Just finished reading it as well. Comfy, though surprisingly depressing in terms of the escalation that happens through the story. Deliberating on what to move on to next (Thrawn, Rebel Rising, Rise of the Empire).
>>
>>93405461
Those are cyborg bodyguards, not special forces

Also they've made new trooper designs for literally every Star Wars movie ever. And while toys will be made and sold, it's also partly just because they like designing cool new shit.

>rather than use existing ones.
"Inferno Squad are just TIE Pilots, REEE!"
"Death Troopers? Why does Disney keep making new designs rather than use existing ones?"
>>
>>93405590

They reuse shit all the fucking time in Rebels. I think every second or third no name officer or bridge operator in the empire is just Steve Blum, who's also doing Zeb and a bunch of other voices at the same time.
>>
>>93405590
They do have various Stormtrooper voices, its just Steve Blum fills in a lot
>>
>>93405372
Nah, the design is fine(the big helmet has grown on me even if I wouldn't mind a normal one), the voice acting has been fine, and the mannerisms too.

>>93405543
>has this bizarre idea that Stormtroopers are bumbling retards when that was literally never true in the films.
Stormtroopers couldn't hit anything on Bespin and on Endor they just ran away from the Ewoks when they were ambushed instead of standing their ground and shooting at them

>>93405590
>and it doesn't help that the actor always sounds like he doesn't care about anything that is happening.
you mean just like the stormtroopers in the OT?
>>
>>93405372
They're fine

Heavily inspired by the ANH troopers, which should answer all your points
>>
>>93405653

Luke was behind cover on Bespin and had the force to guide him. Standing around waiting to be killed is also terrible from a tactical standpoint.
>>
>>93405543
Canon has been treating them just the same as the movies.

Competent, except when they're not. Which is whenever the hero-in-question needs to be shown succeeding.

Always been the case, always will be.
>>
>>93405626
I'm ok with inferno squad, but what was the point of the deathtroopers, they showed up for one movie and will fad after the fact, and considering the timeline placement of said movie them not showing up again is really noticeable.
>>
File: Thrawn & Death Troopers.png (714KB, 1338x642px) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn & Death Troopers.png
714KB, 1338x642px
>>93405716
They already showed up in Rebels m8, what are you on about?

They're clearly a popular design that will crop up again where applicable.

They're specifically on-call for any high-ranking Imperial who requests them. Seeing as we don't see any Grand Admirals in the OT, we don't need to worry about why there aren't any in those movies.
>>
File: Clone_Troopers_Phase_II.jpg (64KB, 700x277px) Image search: [Google]
Clone_Troopers_Phase_II.jpg
64KB, 700x277px
>>93405461
Well the clones were just as bad they had so many designs it's crazy.
>>
>>93405697
>Luke was behind cover on Bespin and had the force to guide him.
I wasn't talking abut Luke, I was talking about Leia, Chewie, Lando, and R2. The Stormtroopers never hit anything besides the walls or the falcon when shooting at them.

Not even when they had pretty damned clear shots

> Standing around waiting to be killed is also terrible from a tactical standpoint.
They're fucking teddy bears with stones and shitty arrows, the stormtroopers had blasters and armor. If they're "elite awesome badass soldiers" they should be able to easily handle a bunch of primitives.
>>
File: Wookies_Versus_Stormtrooper.png (710KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
Wookies_Versus_Stormtrooper.png
710KB, 1280x721px
>>93405787
>they should be able to easily handle a bunch of primitives
The Stormtrooper vs Ewok debate is purely because Lucas wanted toys to sell instead of using Wookies like was planned.
>>
>>93405840
>The Stormtrooper vs Ewok debate is purely because Lucas wanted toys to sell instead of using Wookies like was planned.
Incorrect.

He didn't use wookiees because

1. Budget
2. He wanted the "primitives beat the more advanced Empire" angle but couldn't do that with Wookiees because of Chewbacca
>>
>>93405771

They literally should have had the white designs, and like 3 others max.

90% of clone designs are ugly as hell
>>
>>93405907
Probably due to the fact none of the suits actually existed and the animators just kinda went crazy because they could, rather than being constrained by what can be built and would actually be wearable. .
>>
>>93405771
>>93405907
>Shitting on those based as fuck Clone designs
You guys aint my nigga

You aint my nigga at all
>>
>>93405840
I hate this meme
>>
File: 696876876786.jpg (104KB, 514x328px) Image search: [Google]
696876876786.jpg
104KB, 514x328px
>>93405461
people are only going to buy so many of the same stromtrooper toy
Han solo movie has at least one more new trooper
>>
File: trooper.jpg (40KB, 570x473px) Image search: [Google]
trooper.jpg
40KB, 570x473px
>>93405771
So witch basic trooper design is the best?
>>
>>93401535
They do random shots

That shot from the first trailer where they first show Jyn in the imperial uniform where she turns and looks towards the camera was only done because as they were walking across the set someone called Felicity Jones's name and she turned to look. The director saw it, thought it looked cool, and decided to do an actual shoot.

Though you're right, something like that was probably more intentional
>>
>>93405771
>>93405907
(You)
>>
>>93406052
P H A S E 2
>>
>>93406052
Phase II >>> Phase I > Stormtrooper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> First Order
>>
File: TLJ stormtrooper BF2jpg.jpg (79KB, 518x1068px) Image search: [Google]
TLJ stormtrooper BF2jpg.jpg
79KB, 518x1068px
>>93406052
Phase II > Phase I > TLJ FO > Stormtrooper >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FO
>>
>>93406052
phase 1, 2 and the OT trooper have a clear progression that you can see. FO trooper changed far too much, it feels like we're missing 1-2 helmets in between
>>
File: Specialopskneeling8pz.jpg (32KB, 680x690px) Image search: [Google]
Specialopskneeling8pz.jpg
32KB, 680x690px
>>93406095
>>93406098
>>93406118
Where the clones basically the best thing to come out of the prequels?
>>
>>93406223
They're one of many good things IMO, but yes the Clones are really fucking cool.

Cool designs, cool names, cool characters, empathetic stories, and they fight in actual large-scale wars, something that despite the titular name of the franchise, is uncommon in the other eras.
>>
>>93406223
They were one of the many great things to come from the prequels
>>
File: The New Stormtroopers.jpg (327KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
The New Stormtroopers.jpg
327KB, 1500x1500px
>>93406052

Phase II, Phase 1, and the original helmets are good. The TFA ones .. not so much
>>
>>93406079

what are you trying to say here
>>
File: 575785685679.jpg (890KB, 1110x1306px) Image search: [Google]
575785685679.jpg
890KB, 1110x1306px
>>93406052
Concept Stormtrooper
but out of the ones that actually appear on film i'd say phase 2 mostly because it has the best fit even if thats because theyre cg. I think they need to tweak the stormtrooper armour design just so it fits better. Especially if theyre going to kepp using them in anthology movies. They lookd pretty bad with theyre armour all flapping about next the more solidly designed trooper variants that rogue one introduced
>>
File: 1486274453548.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486274453548.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
M
A
S
T
E
R A C E
>>
>>93406594
Twi'leks are whores, not master race at all

Masters of sucking dick maybe
>>
>>93406594
how do her ear horns fit in there?
>>
File: you're a big jedi.jpg (110KB, 813x810px) Image search: [Google]
you're a big jedi.jpg
110KB, 813x810px
>>93406638
you mistook which part of that picture was the ubermensch

>>93406716
they're soft and squishy
>>
File: scout.jpg (175KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
scout.jpg
175KB, 1024x768px
>>93406746
Scout Trooper master race reporting in.
>>
>>93406773
>>
File: 1486355106516.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486355106516.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>93406802
>>
File: my oc.png (181KB, 541x810px) Image search: [Google]
my oc.png
181KB, 541x810px
some drawfag on /tg/ was kind enough to draw a custom scout trooper oc for me last year
>>
So, apparently Scott Bromley might be involved with an episode of Rebels. Nay or yay?

Even he admits his jokes are throw away.
>>
>>93406920
Nay.

He's a great producer for Lucasfilm, but while I like Comedy Button a lot, I never find myself wanting to go back to an episode. A good Star Wars... thing... has a lot of rewatchablity.
>>
>>93406920
Only if the episode stars a combination of the Star Wars Show cast and Comedy Button cast.

And is about a crew of Rebels so bad, they got located to Hoth over half a decade before Empire.
>>
>>93400769
>laser rifles
Who wrote this? Pretty sure that man portable weapons only come in the blaster variety, with lasers being reserved for starships. Is it firing the equivalent of five laser cannons? Is that gun the equivalent of a fucking x-wing in firepower?

Also, what is a guardian of the whills? Last I checked, the term was essentially undefined outside of probably yoda's race or maybe the writers of the opening crawl or maybe the force entities yoda spoke to at the end of clone wars or something.
>>
>>93406879
Big guy.
>>
File: BX-series_droid_commando.jpg (20KB, 309x460px) Image search: [Google]
BX-series_droid_commando.jpg
20KB, 309x460px
Best battle droid coming through.
>>
>>93406126
There was like 30 years in between OT and FO
perhaps will see that in a cartoon
>>
>>93407083
Pablo Hidalgo wrote that guide. And yes, Baze's gun is literally a modified Tank Turret. It's stupidly strong.

The Guardians of the Whills are a little more mysterious so its hard to answer. Having read the book of the same name, it seems like the Guardians are spiritual monks who might have a heightened connection to the force, but not enough to become Jedi. So they watch over sacred temples and preach Jedi teachings, without actually having magic powers themselves.

Basically psuedo-Jedi. Although I noticed something interesting; The Sith Code was recited and collected in the Journal. It seems the Guardians may preach more than what the Jedi teach, but rather a more extended view on the force.
>>
File: MagnaGuard-Utapau.jpg (370KB, 845x816px) Image search: [Google]
MagnaGuard-Utapau.jpg
370KB, 845x816px
>>93407251
But that's wrong
>>
>>93407273
There was some concept art for Battlefront 2 that showed what seemed to be a middle-stage for post-Jakku stormtroopers.

Not sure if that design is going to be realized in the game/other canon media or not though.
>>
>>93406052
Phase 2 is the GOAT
>>
>people complaining about new shit in star wars

kill yourselves
>>
>>93407273
Filoni's next project is a "Star Wars Hats and Helmets Through the Ages" weekly fashion show.
>>
>>93407305
>my guy has an even bigger gun than the biggest gun that exists in star wars!
At least the lasers are on purpose.

And the guardians of the whill are just another non-jedi force using group that teaches jedi stuff for some reason, yes? Seems pretty straight forward. They probably don't know what a whill is either.
>>
>>93407326
>Doesn't post the image.
>>
>>93407435
>people not worshipping every decision of Disney's as gold
Maybe you should take the mouse cock out of your wallet for 5 minutes and get some help.
>>
>>93407435
Nothing wrong with new. It's the SHIT they keep trying to pass off as star wars that offends me.
>>
File: droideka-bio-1_copy_70bd7cbd.jpg (507KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
droideka-bio-1_copy_70bd7cbd.jpg
507KB, 768x432px
>>93407251
Droideka out of the way
>>
>>93402095
>That would be a risk
That's most movies, though. Terrorists, criminals, supervillains, etc. You can still put the heroes in a position of weakness when the empire isn't all-encompassing.
>>
>>93404766
Genndy wars material (which both originate from) made it fairly clear that Dooku had more confidence in Grievous than Ventress but Grievous has gotten fuqq'd since ROTS so it's probably the opposite now
>>
>>93407976
>grievous and ventress originate from genndywars
this is what eufags actually believe
>>
>>93408042
>eufags
No the word you are looking for is casual.
>>
>>93408106
why did you say eufag twice?
>>
>>93408042
it's true for grievous, ventress showed up in a comic book before she appeared in clone wars not long after
>>
>>93408106
nah.

Casuals would be confused as fuck seeing they only watch the movies and claim that Rey is the best Jedi ever.
>>
>>93408156
Genndy got his hands on final production art for ROTS before he had the chance to claim "he showed up here first." Everything about General Grievous is Lucasfilm's alone. Which is why Lucas continued to completely ignore what Genndy had done to his character.

The NAME Asajj Ventress, might be a creation of Genndy Tartakovsky's, maybe, but the design is all Lucasfilm. She was concept art for Darth Maul before Maul was turned into a man.
>>
>>93408140
EUfags are only becoming casuals in recent years, as they divulge in less and less content, while psuedo-EUfag normies pretend like they always enjoyed the EU.

Actual EUfags are pretty hardcore autists though

Anyways, >>93407976, this anon: >>93408156 is correct, although technically Greivous didn't really appear in Genddywars either. Lets face it, that guy was NOT Greivous. Genddy just ran with the "badass" design, and tried to create a "badass" character to match, not really knowing what Greivous was actually going to be like.

(Although thats the LEAST of it, 2003 Greivy was way too over-the-top, even if the character WAS going to be more competant)
>>
>>93408181
I must do well avoiding casuals because I think I would physically die if I heard that irl.
>>
>>93408204
>She was concept art for Darth Maul before Maul was turned into a man.
You're thinking of Mother Talzin

Ventress was actually fully designed and was almost going to be in Attack of the Clones.

I think she was cut because Lucas realized there was way too many new villains.
>>
>>93408106
>This is what neophytes actually believe.
>>
>>93408181
Most casuals I have talked to don't like Rey.

Except for the girls, who like her because she is a girl.

(Although I find that most girls still prefer Ani/Obi above Rey and Luke)
>>
>>93408214
If I remember correctly with Greivous Genndy just had a design to go off of and Lucas gave him nothing so he was just going blind.
>>
>>93408230
Oh I mistook that. So she was originally going to be the Dooku character (way early in production that is) before they decided he'd be a man right? Because Grievous was originally a tiny human-ish boy and maybe even a girl before that, and the Neimoidians were shaped like the Geonosians.
>>
>>93408249
Funny enough, I was considering mentioning 'because she's a girl' but opted against it since that's more 'casual sjw' than just a mere casual.

>that last point
I suppose there's always room for hope.
>>
>>93408204
But you're not changing that Grievous first showed up in Genndy Wars first, my dude.

Also why are you painting it as Genndy stealing the character and perverting it for his Genndy whims when Lucasfilm literally hadn't finished writing a characterization for Grievous yet though they were expected to write a leadup to ROTS with important characters present?
>>
>>93408273
>So she was originally going to be the Dooku character (way early in production that is) before they decided he'd be a man right?
Dooku was always going to exist, but he was going to be less interesting or important, until Christopher Lee got on board. Lucas actually rewrote the entire character around Lee.

>Grievous was originally a tiny human-ish boy and maybe even a girl before that, and the Neimoidians were shaped like the Geonosians.
That's mostly just different concept art that was thrown around. Generally Lucas would throw out random ideas he had, and the art department would just go wild. Then Lucas would come down and check out what everyone had come up with, and pick the designs he liked the most, or fit the ideas in his head.

With Greivous, George just wanted a new droid commander, so they had a lot of freedom there. But eventually George started leaning towards the creepier skull masks, and he said he liked the idea of a cyborg being in control of the droid army. He also really liked the idea that the General would cough, because the imagery of a coughing droid was bizarre and funny and creepy and unnatural.
>>
>>93408369
Greivous "showed up", but the main point is that it wasn't really Greivous. It was just a general early use of his design, sort of comparable to Boba Fet in the holiday special. Nobody accepts that as the real Boba Fett after all.

Genddy was allowed to use the character/design, so he did. It ended up being completely inaccurate to what Lucas was making, as well as not really fitting Star Wars at all. And thats fine, we all still enjoyed the cartoon when it aired because it was exciting. But you still have to accept that it isn't really Greivous beyond the general design and name.
>>
>>93408434
>what lucas was making
Didn't he abruptly decide Grievous was something completely different after the show finished production?
>>
>>93404339
Hey man, I'm the dude who gave the lapdance suggestion last thread.
Saw your progress in the archive.
And now this?

You're real talented man. Keep it up!
>>
>>93408471
I highly doubt that considering Greivous appeared at the very end of the first season of the 2003 cartoon, so ROTS would have been well into production by then. In fact, I even remember BTS images of Hayden on set of the Invisible Hand released around that time

So unless Lucas re-wrote/re-designed Greivous and all his scenes and character interactions over the course of about a year.

I mean, it's possible, but following the BTS development I have seen, it just seems far more likely that Greivous was never intended to be as obnoxiously "badass" as the original cartoon portrayed him.
>>
>>93408471
>which is more canon, the fanfiction cartoon based off of concept art or the movie involving the actor creators of that character?
Holy Ravioli Sonichu
>>
>>93408587
>it just seems far more likely that Grievous was never intended to be as obnoxiously badass as the cartoon portrayed him

Everyone who was the focus of a scene in clone wars got about the same level of badass thrown in, because high octane action is just what Genndy does. Grievous got it dialed back to straight up pathetic way more than the others, though nobody is as intense as genndy wars.
>>
>>93408680
>straight up pathetic
>manages to kill jedi and countless clones regularly despite being a cowardly moustache twirling villain
just because hes not an invincible 2cool4u deviantart oc doesn't make him pathetic
>>
>>93408680
Yeah the entire show was over-the-top, thats why it got a pass, at least just in being mindless fun. I watched that shit all day erry day as a kid, between movie rewatches.

As an accurate representation of Star Wars or its characters though, it falls flat in comparison to the canon media. TCW dwarfing it, obviously.
>>
>>93408725
Maybe if they fixed mustache twirling villain problem, that's my main issue with Greivous.
>>
>>93408482
Hey pal! Thank you! It's coming together. I've got Thrawn down and Aphra's almost there. I kinda like it with the two of them, and not sure I can work Sabine into it right now. Though I definitely want to team those two up at some point.
>>
File: Cartoons-dick_00426962.png (558KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoons-dick_00426962.png
558KB, 1920x1200px
>>93408751
how is it possible for someone to hate fun so thoroughly
>>
File: Greivous Makes An Entrance.webm (1MB, 1180x500px) Image search: [Google]
Greivous Makes An Entrance.webm
1MB, 1180x500px
>>93408680
Canon Greivous is actually still a pretty fearsome character.

He is just cowardly and doesn't play fair when he gets overwhelmed.

He does have some pretty hardcore spotlights though, he kills a lot of Mandalorians and Dathomirians, raped Depa Billaba, killed plenty of Clones, and some Jedi.

Just because he didn't kill 4 Jedi Masters at once, doesn't mean he is pathetic.
>>
>>93408725
>manages to kill jedi and countless clones regularly

Do we actually see him chew through clones at all in post genndy wars stuff? We see him kill a FEW Jedi. Not many.
>>
>>93408791
I seem to have misplaced my webm (I thought I posted it here: >>93408781 )

But theres a cool shot in TCW where he slices through some Clones and uses his clawed feet to grab and ragdoll them, just like he did in the 2003 cartoon
>>
>>93408781
as overpowered and edgy a meme as genndy grievous is, at least he's not fucking durge, that faggot was ultimate cancer

>>93408791
he kills about a half dozen jedi in TCW alone, plus a minimum of 20 on-screen clone deaths at his own hand (it's possible I'm forgetting quite a few) and even more side faction mooks, and all this is excluding canon novels and comics

it's just that he never slaughtered 5000 clones and was a totally unbeatable Robocop fighting 5 jedi simultaneously with one hand behind his back upside down blindfolded underwater backwards in the 8th dimension
>>
>>93408758
DW drawanon we're enjoying your work regardless, keep it up!
>>
>>93408831
>Durge was ultimate cancer

Durge was fucking fun and you know it. Grievous killed him back when he was a thing, didn't he?
>>
>>93408831
I liked Durge but maybe its for the best he isn't canon. Horrible fanbase.

Also Greivous only kills a couple Jedi on screen, but he has plenty of implied kills and victories.

They did dedicate an entire episode to him genociding an entire planet though, so nobody can accuse them of making him unthreatening
>>
>>93408758
Perhaps you can have her massaging Thrawn's shoulders from behind?

That way you don't have to draw her whole body.

I used to dabble in cartooning myself. Can't wait to see the end result! No rush!
>>
>>93408881
No he didn't, because Durge was a literally unkillable wormhive parasite The Thing thing, he was so invincible that Anakin somehow had to figure out how to lock him in a space bathysphere and shoot it into a sun which PRESUMABLY disintegrated him, though knowing Durge, he's probably just trapped at the center of the star like the Jack the Ripper evil entity from Star Trek was scattered across the cosmos
>>
>>93408892
That's not even really him, though.

Grievous shows up and is like "I'm going to kill you Ventress" and then Ventress bitchslaps him and he's like "D-DROIDS" and the sheer numbers of mindless droids that he probably isn't directly commanding do the job for him.

He got fucked by Gungans, man. The race nobody except serious prequel fans like.
>>
File: Into the Trash it Goes.png (464KB, 878x900px) Image search: [Google]
Into the Trash it Goes.png
464KB, 878x900px
>>93408989
>The race nobody except serious prequel fans like.
not only are you a faggoty ot purist who likes less than half the franchise he claims to be a fan of, not only are you shaming generations of children and adults who enjoyed the gungans (Jar Jar or otherwise) in TPM, but you haven't even watched the episode you're complaining about and I doubt you've ever watched even one episode of TCW
>>
>>93409077
>OT purist
I love the prequel universe, the prequels are shit movies and a lot of the stuff introduced in them are bad.

Anybody that unironically loves Jarjar's race needs to do some thinking.
>>
File: 1498104204131.jpg (90KB, 572x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498104204131.jpg
90KB, 572x960px
>>93409110
>I love the prequel universe
>the prequels are shit movies
>>
>>93409110
>Im not an ot purist but the prequels are objectively shit and if you disagree that means you're retarded
really picks up my visual scanning
>>
File: aphrahat.jpg (251KB, 715x328px) Image search: [Google]
aphrahat.jpg
251KB, 715x328px
>>93408482
>>93408843
>>93408924
Thanks peeps. Shouldn't be too long.
Question: Should Aphra have her helmet on? Or off, and the hairstyle from Screaming Citadel? I can't decide.
>>
>>93409110
The Gungans are tribal aquatic warriors

Pretty cool to me
>>
>>93409278
On, more iconic
>>
>>93409271
I'm not going to waste my time in-depth arguing this, but I actually grew up on the Prequels, and the Prequels are bad movies. It's okay to like bad movies. I enjoy some bad movies.

I actually like the Prequel universe more than the OT universe in some ways, I love droids and clones. But the Prequels are not well-crafted movies.
>>
File: 41051-23933.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
41051-23933.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>>93409110
>Buys into the Gungans are bad because of Jar Jar meme

Yeah, nah, you're a cunt.
>>
>>93409346
In your opinion m8, I think the prequels are not nearly bad as people meme
>>
File: Corythosaurus-d5n373h.png (3MB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
Corythosaurus-d5n373h.png
3MB, 1680x945px
>>93409296
they're also Corythosauruses which is pretty cool
>>
>>93409278
1 vote for helmet off
>>
>>93409358
Whatever, dude. I think that's a pretty hopeless argument. Like, RLM memes completely aside, here.
>>
>>93400811
Oh common, it was Luke Lightsaber until prequel trilogy happen.
Its fine to call it Rey Lightsaber if she is its new user.
>>
>>93409356
When the first character you introduce of a race (a literal diplomat, mind) is one of the most maligned characters in the franchise it's not surprising that people are going to be space-racist

>>93409435
But that logic doesn't hold out at all, it was called Anakin's lightsaber after the prequels because it was originally his lightsaber. He built it. Luke's is the green lightsaber.

Arguing about the name of a lightsaber is done though
>>
>>93409435
The quote specifies that it's called her lightsaber in marketing

In-universe, it's still the lightsaber created by Anakin Skywalker. Luke has his own.

Rey will probably get her own too.
>>
>>93409278
Literally unrecognizable without the helmet
>>
>>93409463
>done
*dumb
>>
File: Eccles really.jpg (98KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
Eccles really.jpg
98KB, 1280x721px
>>93409278
>We went from this to LeGookwithmouthfullofnoodlesmeem.png

Really wish those fucks would decide what she's supposed to look like, I mean who even did that shit. Seriously, it's like if Luke's face suddenly turned into Mr. Bean for a panel.
>>
File: gungan_princess_by_stucunningham.jpg (116KB, 705x1134px) Image search: [Google]
gungan_princess_by_stucunningham.jpg
116KB, 705x1134px
>>93409296
I think female gungans are waifuable in a weird cute kind of way. Tone down the dialect though
>>
>>93409721
MEESA SQUEEZE THEM
>>
>>93409721
SHIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEET I NEVER THOUGHT I'D FIND A GUNGAN FAPPABLE BUT I SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT KAMINOANS 6 MONTHS AGO
>>
File: Aphra-SW_Force_Arena.png (209KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
Aphra-SW_Force_Arena.png
209KB, 338x500px
>>93409278
Hat does not come off!
>>
>>93409169
>Implying people can't enjoy things of substandard quality.

Marvel, JJ, and Delray post 2015 say hello!
>>
>>93409839
the prequels aren't bad though and no amount of repetition will change that

http://www.friesian.com/starwars.htm
>>
>>93406594
There can never be too much Hera in a thread.
>>
>>93409659
They have already decided, see the Force Arena pic (>>93409789). Regular comic artists draw her similar to that.
Only occasional one-time artists draw her quite differently sometimes, like in Screaming Citadel #01, or on some variant covers.
>>
File: 1497658264619.jpg (1MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1497658264619.jpg
1MB, 1500x1500px
>>93410039
Agreed.
>>
File: 1486318503231.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486318503231.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>93410039
hera was built for big ezra cock

>>93410063
in the Rebel Jail arc she was all over the place even from the one artist
I think that artist did the lando comics as well
>>
>>93410134
>hera was built for big ezra cock
>Ezra
>big cock
Pick one.

>in the Rebel Jail arc she was all over the place even from the one artist
Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. That was really weird.
>>
File: LapdanceC.jpg (919KB, 1750x1356px) Image search: [Google]
LapdanceC.jpg
919KB, 1750x1356px
>>93409278
>>93409345
>>93409400
>>93409487
>>93409789
Okay, here it is. Sorry about the long delay - I told you I was a slowcoach.
>>
File: LapdnceV.jpg (589KB, 1174x1501px) Image search: [Google]
LapdnceV.jpg
589KB, 1174x1501px
>>93410237
And another with a less cluttered background (I got a bit carried away).
>>
>>93410237
>His facial heat intensifies
Great job on the picture.
>>
>>93410134
I think you meant to write big Kanan cock.
>>
File: 1497380025112.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497380025112.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>93410237
perfect.
>>
File: RC1489561045312.jpg (772KB, 588x1779px) Image search: [Google]
RC1489561045312.jpg
772KB, 588x1779px
>>93410212
>>93410272
kanan's cock is a casualty of order 66
>>
>>93410237
Please add >"Her facial heat increases" !!!
>>
File: 1484405305440.jpg (94KB, 564x809px) Image search: [Google]
1484405305440.jpg
94KB, 564x809px
I always thought this looked nice, but never realized the thematic significance of it until now. The soulless mechanized automaton in search of an individual soul in nature.
>>
File: LapdanceC.jpg (962KB, 1750x1356px) Image search: [Google]
LapdanceC.jpg
962KB, 1750x1356px
>>93410304
Corrected version!
>>
>>93410237
>>93410255
Top kek

However - and I hope you don't mind me being brutally straightforward - her face doesn't look like Aphra's to me at all. I think it's clear that this was based on how she looks The Scremaing Citadel #1, but that's really not a very accurate representation of her, compared to all the other comics. I know there is no consistency between how different artists draw her, but I'd recommend turning to images from Force Arena, or Larocca's traced art (as shitty as it is) for a "truer" look of Aphra. She is supposed to have Asian features.

Regardless, good job, drawanon, and thank you very much for your time and effort. You're amazing.
>>
>>93410386
It's perfect!
>>
>>93410386
I've also got an NSFW version where Aphra has her clothes off (except for the hat, of course).
I guess /aco/ has a star wars thread? Would that be the best place to post it?
>>
>>93410417
Yes please, link the post back here
>>
>>93410395
You're spot-on: I tried to go for Screaming Citadel style. Just because I liked her look there.
I wasn't totally happy with how she came out, either. I prefer how Thrawn is looking, but at least he's got some model integrity and doesn't change all the time.
I'm sure I'll want to draw her again, and when I do, I'll definitely look to those sources.

Thank you! Happy to be able to give back (god knows I've enjoyed lurking and shitposting here for long enough)
>>
>>93410417
>the best drawfag /swco/ has ever seen does outright smut as well
>tfw he'll never do your request
feels bad man
>>
>>93410432
Am I allowed to link /aco/ posts to a blue board? Mods won't get me? (Read: I'm an idiot who still doesn't know basic shit like that).
>>
>>93410479
Pretty sure thats fine
>>
>>93410489
Welp, here goes, in that case
>>1505891
>>
>>93410551
I should have realized that would happen
>>
>>93410563
Let me show you how it's done
>>>/aco/1505891
>>
>>93410551
Did you mean >>>/aco/1505891 ?
>>
>>93410551
>>93410563
Is this just me being an idiot?
It's up on /aco/ anyhow, in the star wars thread.
>>
>>93409767
Glad to change your mind, anon.
>>
>>93410479
Please link. As the guy who suggested it last thread, I couldn't be happier. The fact that you picked Boop makes it the best...she's my best girl. Thank you so much kind anon!

I <3 you
>>
>>93410616
Exactly what you see in read is what they typed. Three '>', board name in '/', then post number.
Read through the FAQ it's full of useful bits of info.
>>
>>93402025
>Objectively (how good I think they are)
So subjectively?
>>
>>93410691
See: >>93410612
as apparently I still can't perform simple tasks, lol. Well thank you for the suggestion! It was really fun to draw. I love Aphra, too. Every so often I remember that her nickname is Boop and it's so cute that it makes me a little angry.

>>93410470
I dunno, man, depends on what it is. But honestly my biggest challenge is time constraints right now. I was lucky I got some time today to draw.

I'd definitely like to drawfag for you guys again some time in the future.
>>
>>93410809
well my request involves dickgirl on girl so if that's beyond what you're willing to draw then I'm not going to bother with details, I understand not every person is comfortable with all the lewd shit out there
>>
>>93404339
>Pryce frolicking with some imperial lothcats
Too bad you're not fond of SS. She'd look damn cute cuddling with some loth-kitties
>>
>>93410872
I've gleefully drawn my share of abstruse fetishes, but, yes, that would be a first for me, I'm afraid.
On the upside though, SW fandom is so broad and widespread that there's got to be every genre of smut of it out there.
>>
>>93410955
I thought she preferred Loth-rats.
>>
File: 1494157268152.png (805KB, 1152x654px) Image search: [Google]
1494157268152.png
805KB, 1152x654px
>>93411011
>I thought she preferred Loth-rats.
She does anon.

I still want some cute art of her, where she is just acting normal in a non-lewd, non-femdom way.
>>
>>93411092
Washing her hair in the shower while singing "I'm gonna wash that brat right out of my hair."
>>
File: 1489883999128.jpg (101KB, 853x772px) Image search: [Google]
1489883999128.jpg
101KB, 853x772px
>>93411205
>south pacific reference in star wars thread
>>
File: kek.jpg (9KB, 287x210px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
9KB, 287x210px
>>93411205
The mental image is hilarious.

Seriously though, I'm conviced she does rather different things while she is in the shower.
>>
>>93409918
Yes the acting and dialogue is bad this is an undeniable objective fact. Please continue to froth at the mouth about nostalgia.
>>
>>93411254
she wouldn't have called him brat, SS knows he is a full man, even though anything he can do she can do better
>>
>>93411254
Doesn't the whole franchise have a WWII aesthetic by design?
>>
Holy fuck I finally finished adding the deleted scenes to ROTS. It's getting the final file ready as we speak. Just a heads up but it's sort of low quality because I have a shit laptop. Also I realized that I couldn't add the scene of the Jedi talking about Palpatine because 1: I think Yoda would be on Kashyyk by the time that scene was supposed to happen in the script (maybe Lucas intended for him to be in hologram form or something), and 2: I'm pretty sure it contradicts Lucas' later lore in TCW where he said that the presence of the Sith Temple on Coruscant fucks with the Jedi's ability to sense the dark side in Palpatine.
>>
give me the SS dancing gif
i don't even like /ss/, I just think she's cute
>>
>>93411528
I tried this with just the rebellion scenes. Unfortunately they are unavailable in HD
>>
File: Dancing Seventh Sister.webm (3MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Seventh Sister.webm
3MB, 720x576px
>>93411555
>>
>>93411713
Thanks mate
>>
>>93410386
Make this the OP of the next thread
>>
>>93411713
Wait, is she electro-shuffling?
>>
>>93411783
Apparently so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFhJZyPQSOs
>>
>>93410386
thrawn is my favorite autist
>>
File: _1486586153685.png (39KB, 303x225px) Image search: [Google]
_1486586153685.png
39KB, 303x225px
>>93412235
>>
>>93411713
Remember that autist that said it was retarded to be a kid and want to see her in real life?
>>
>>93412419
I 'member
>>
>>93412419
what?
>>
>>93409463
It was called Anakin's lightsaber after the prequels because he was the one the audience had most recently seen wielding it.

And we all know at some point Rey will end up losing it and building her own lightsaber.
>>
>>93400925
I really life the stormtrooper transport for the first order because of how reminiscent it is to ww2.
>>
>>93412630
this guy called all these children getting excited autistic and retarded for being excited about being at disney land with her. He got really defensive and basically said that he was better than everyone because he would have been above that shit when he was their age

it was fucking hilarious
>>
>>93412941
I don't believe that happened. I refuse to entertain the thought that a person can be so fascinated with the smell of their own flatulence as to deride the innocent and inoffensive enjoyment of children.
>>
File: 1489269254862.jpg (2MB, 2074x2496px) Image search: [Google]
1489269254862.jpg
2MB, 2074x2496px
>>
File: EmPal HolDeFor.png (33KB, 648x182px) Image search: [Google]
EmPal HolDeFor.png
33KB, 648x182px
>>93413027
what am I talking about I was just arguing with that prequel bashing gungan hating RLM idiot a few hours ago
>>
>>93411713
This was cute as heck
>>
>>93413054
Krennic pls
>>
>>93401063
ANH> ESB > ROTS > ROTJ > RO > TPM >>>>>>>>>>>>>> TFA=ATOC
Just my subjective opinion.
>>
>>93412941
Part of me feels like I remember this
But I aint sure
>>
>>93413158
Same

Like I don't remember it actually happening but at the same time it sounds like exactly the kind of person who comes here, says something stupid, gets dogpiled and just keeps doubling down on their stupidity.
>>
>>93413185
>>93413158
Not that anon, but I remember that happening 100%

Of course, I am just another anon so ignore me if you wish, but yeah.

The guy was ranting about how the kids were too dumb to still be enjoying the actors, that at their age he would have just seen them as nothing more than adults pretending.
>>
>>93401497
> It's why Poe is so unlikeable outside of the movies
I haven't seen poe outside the movie, could you explain?
>>
>>93413314
Read the Poe comics. He's dull as fuck with no real personality.
>>
>>93405372
All of them are voiced by Steve Blum. I'm getting EAW flashbacks
>>
>>93408383
I thought the cough would also serve a s foreshadow to Vader's suit tech
>>
File: Gallius Rax.png (289KB, 669x612px) Image search: [Google]
Gallius Rax.png
289KB, 669x612px
Made a Gallius Rax picture with his canonical outfit.
>>
>>93413645
Wait, that's what he looks like?
>>
>>93413645
looks pretty dumb
>>
>>93413695
Well I'm not sure if he's actually a caucasian (however it's likely since they never specified he was black like they did with Sloane). But other than that he's a male that's around 40 years old who wears a white Imperial uniform with a red cape. He's also known to wear a red robe similar to the Emperor when he isn't in formal situations. The actual picture is just me mixing together two different pictures of someone's fan art of Rax and Krennic.
>>
File: cw003.jpg (223KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
cw003.jpg
223KB, 1200x1845px
Clones are the shitposters of star wars
>>
File: Sandtrooper_DICE.png (602KB, 729x979px) Image search: [Google]
Sandtrooper_DICE.png
602KB, 729x979px
>>93405653
>>93405677
>>93405702
>>93405787
Stormtroopers were classic pulpy action mooks, which is not quite the same thing as the comically incompetent guys they are now.

It's all about the presentation and atmosphere build around them. Your villainous troops could miss every shot they fire, but the main characters can still take them seriously and give their all when fighting them, instead of quipping and effortlessly gunning down dozens of them while not even attempting to flee or take cover.

Why do you guys always think that they must either be non-threatening comic relief or invincible uber operators, anyways? There can clearly be more to it, and certainly a middle ground.
>>
>>93413983
Considering their treatment at the hands of the Empire, their anger is somewhat justified
>>
File: Palpatine Terms.png (83KB, 630x738px) Image search: [Google]
Palpatine Terms.png
83KB, 630x738px
Looks like Palpatine was supposed to only serve as Chancellor for 8 years (2 4-year terms) but due to the Separatist Crisis he was elected a third term, then two more during the Clone Wars.
>>
>>93414135
I wasn't disagreeing with that I just find they have the best shit to say imo. Their personalities range from autistic to funny and I love all of them.
>>
>>93414069
Not to mention bad guy inaccuracy is something present across all action media, yet only in Star Wars are people obsessed with making it canon and have it acknowledged in-universe.
>>
>>93414159
Aw, shit. My bad.

I could use more clone stuff.
>>
>>93414230
>6 high budget seasons of a series with a huge focus on clones
>not enough for you

Me neither. Clone comic when? We didn't get to see Bacara, or Galactic Marines, or Paratroopers
>>
File: sheev the senate.png (189KB, 250x408px) Image search: [Google]
sheev the senate.png
189KB, 250x408px
>>93414137
Elections are for losers
>>
>>93414378
This. I want to see more of the ROTS officers.
>>
>>93414218
I don't think it's so much that people are obsessed with it being canonized, but that too many people get upset when the trope comes up.
>>
>>93414495
I'd say both sides are equally big. After all the "uber operators" crowd gets annoying after a while too.
>>
>>93414448
Seconding
I also want to see more Clones during and after the empire's rise, them getting boring jobs and shitposting or hunting down jedi is pretty funny.
In one of Darth Vader's current ongoing comics there's a few clone scenes where >>93413983
came from.
also I know the whole 50 million different colors and different armor for every single battalion or planet is a little gay, but I just can't help but love all of them and want to see more. Also paratroopers and galactic marines best troopers
>>
>>93414218
It is canonically explained
>>
>>93414751
That's just what I said?
>>
File: photo.jpg (177KB, 1600x1599px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
177KB, 1600x1599px
>>93414666
Nasty drill sergeant Cody is something I've wanted from day one.
>>
>>93414666
>also I know the whole 50 million different colors and different armor for every single battalion or planet is a little gay, but I just can't help but love all of them and want to see more.

It's a neat bit of irony because the Clones were all samefags, but were given individual expression and personalities and unique gear in relation to their roles or where they were stationed. But Stormtroopers were all individually born, and all practically use the exact same gear no matter where they are, but were trained to be as void of individuality as possible. Even going so far as forsaking their names in favor of ID numbers.
>>
>>93415158
I like that analogy because it's similar to the differences between the roman empire and the Germanic barbarians. The Romans fought in unison and not with personal style, while the Roman generals envied the fighting styles of the barbarians. Seems the clones had a more effective fighting style, but they were also elite troopers raised from birth to fight so there's that too.
>>
>>93410343
Just noticed the droid's left arm is in it's lap, not missing or severed as I assumed it was.
>>
>>93414666
I want to see what happened with Cody post ROTS so bad
>>
>>93415469
>Seems the clones had a more effective fighting style, but they were also elite troopers raised from birth to fight so there's that too.

Well, in terms of essence or spirit, Stormtroopers became what the Clones were meant to be as far as Sheev's original intentions went. Sans the quality of training of course.
>>
>>93415896
What if he dies on Utapau hours after "killing" Obi-wan?
>>
>>93406052
OT Storm not a contest

After that is the era 2 clones, the era 1 clones, and finally the nu-troopers
>>
>>93406320
I can bring up my old list of greivances with the TFA troopers but at least TLJ has improved them a bit
>>
>>93414069
My own interpretation of the Stormtroopers' inconsistency is as such:

The troopers we see in the Original Trilogy are the elites. They're going around doing important stuff; Escorting Vader, searching for stolen plans, guarding the Death Star, raiding the Rebel's base on Hoth, escorting Vader again, defending the shield bunker.

The Stormtroopers we see in Rebels are the washouts. They passed all their classes with a shining D- and as such were sent to police the Literally Who planet in the Literally Where sector that literally nobody cared about until some guy waved a glowstick around.

The Troopers in Rogue One are in-between. They have important jobs, so they're not the shitty redshirts that are on Lothal, but they're not the really important guys. The escort some crystals off of Space Jerusalem and guard a tropical island nobody actually thought anybody would try to invade. They're competent, but can still get beat up buy a blind not-jedi or mowed down by Heavy's asian cousin.
>>
>>93416076
I want to melt a TFA helmet and fuse it onto JJ's head so he has to wear it around for the rest of his life.
>>
>>93415949
I think the main different between storm troopers and clone troopers were training. Sure, good genes are important, but surely some storm troopers were good enough to outmatch that, right? But the thing is, clones are taught by real bounty hunters from birth, and it made the clones practically an army of bounty hunters, not conscripted troops.
>>
>around 10 years before ANH Jabba begins messing with Luke's family and demanding protection money due to a rival gang visiting Tatooine
>eventually when they can't pay Jabba sends some goons to Luke's homestead to punish them
>Obi-Wan defends the homestead without using the force or his lightsaber
>then he hears someone shout 'KENOBI?!'
>he turns to see a teenage Rotta
>Rotta calls off his men and thanks Obi-Wan for saving him as a kid. He realizes that Obi-Wan is in hiding so he shoots his men, to Kenobi's disappointment. He then tells his father that his men tried to steal the Lars family's payment so he killed them.
>he then devises a plan with Obi-Wan to take down the rival gang
>Obi-Wan declines at first until Rotta tells him that unless the rival gang is dealt with it's likely the Lars family will be killed in the ensuing gang war
>while they take out gang hideouts Obi-Wan slowly begins to have a moral affect on Rotta
>by the end of the adventure Rotta is well on the path to being something better than a gangster
>eventually Rotta leaves his parents to pursue a legitimate career instead of one that abuses innocent people
>later on Rotta owns some big company during the days of the New Republic and he funds Luke's Jedi Order
I want this so fucking bad. Not only a Hutt that's finally a good person, but something to explain how even though Obi-Wan can't openly be a Jedi, he still has a good influence on the world around him. Also I think it's weird for Rotta and the man who saved him as a child to be on the same planet for 20 years without him ever thanking him. I know it makes sense in universe since Obi-Wan is in hiding but it has some potential story wise.
>>
>>93400769
What is this from and where can I get it.
>>
>>93416120
>My own interpretation of the Stormtroopers' inconsistency is as such:

You're almost kinda right except for-

>The Stormtroopers we see in Rebels are the washouts.

It wasn't that they were washouts. There were no washouts. It's just that there wasn't consistent standards between all the Imperial academies. So each academy was churning out a different quality of trooper.

My suspicion is the ones who were producing troopers of good quality were ones who likely had clone instructors who were able to stay on and avoided their discharge with the rest of the Clone army.

And then, of course, there was the academy on Mandalore which possibly blew all the other ones out of the water since they likely used training regiments that went beyond any Imperial sanction.
>>
>>93416204
Yeah, this actually figures into the backstory of the FO stormtroopers. Hux's dad understood that the clones were so great because they'd been raised from birth to be soldiers as opposed to just being a bunch of randos recruited and given some training. So we now have a bunch of people raised from infancy to be soldiers.

Of course it sounds good in theory but in practice they seem to suffer from stormtrooper syndrome just as much as the OT ones.
>>
File: 1488371892836.jpg (3MB, 2077x2503px) Image search: [Google]
1488371892836.jpg
3MB, 2077x2503px
>>93416232
>>
>>93416226
Aftermath seemed to be hinting at Rotta coming into play again... except it turned out to be a completely different Huttlet.
>>
>>93416322
Not sure how another page is supposed to tell me where I can find a copy, or even what the name of it is.
>>
>>93416328
Jabba got busy in the decades between TCW movie and ROTJ
>>
>>93416349
It's the RO visual guide
>>
>>93416328
How long do Hutts take to mature? I don't know why, but I get the feeling that Rotta's still a child by the time of TFA.
>>
>>93416383
Cool, thanks. Got a download link by any chance?
>>
>>93416204
>I think the main different between storm troopers and clone troopers were training. Sure, good genes are important, but surely some storm troopers were good enough to outmatch that, right?

Absolutely. Jango was the template because he achieved a level of excellence that he could match and kill Jedi. The logic was that if he could do that, then surely his clones could be made to achieve similar prowess. But yeah, the potential is surely there for others to become similar or better. But of course, with a Stormtrooper's level of training, that potential would obviously never be realized because Stormtroopers, unlike Clones, were trained basically to be a security force. Clones were trained for war.

>But the thing is, clones are taught by real bounty hunters from birth, and it made the clones practically an army of bounty hunters, not conscripted troops.

I wouldn't put it quite like that. Most of their training was probably as the result of the Kaminoan's basic programs and whatever input from Jango Fett (assuming he had any, which he ought to). Bounty Hunters and others, like Fenn Rau, were likely contracted at the behest of the Jedi Order, to add some flavor and irregularity to the Clone's training so that they might be prepared for situations out of the norm since the battlefield is hardly something that's a controlled environment.
>>
>>93416411
I don't. try the pastebin.

I just have a few pages for the characters I liked.
>>
>>93416404
Jabba's supposed to be hundreds of years old so who knows.
>>
File: 1498277564516.jpg (2MB, 2077x2503px) Image search: [Google]
1498277564516.jpg
2MB, 2077x2503px
>>93416322
fixed your image
>>
Is he going to have a thing for Togrutas when he grows up?
>>
>>93416422
well considering what's canon now, in the episodes that depict domino squad from 3D star wars the clones wars, 2 bounty hunters other than Jango Fett, possibly more, oversaw training of clones on kamino. I think they were worthy of bounty hunters, I mean Jango Fett trained one to eventually become Boba Fett, another great bounty hunter.
>>
File: BobaFettMain2.jpg (483KB, 688x994px) Image search: [Google]
BobaFettMain2.jpg
483KB, 688x994px
>>93416664
>Boba Fett, another great bounty hunter.
well there goes the thread, can't wait for the IM GLAD BOBA FETT IS ACTUALLY CANONICALLY A PATHETIC FUCKUP NOW I CANT BELIEVE ANYBODY LIKES HIM YOUR OPINIONS DONT COUNT REEE poster to show up
>>
>>93400769

My god, I thought that was Rob Schneider in that pic. lmao
>>
File: future_man_opt.jpg (30KB, 254x341px) Image search: [Google]
future_man_opt.jpg
30KB, 254x341px
I COME FROM THE MAGICAL FAR OFF YEAR 2019 AND HAVE SEEN THE EPISODE 8, THE HAN SPINOFF, AND EPISODE 9

ASK ME ANYTHING
>>
>>93416731
fuck do I delete the post or is too late
>>
>>93416664
>I think they were worthy of bounty hunters

I don't a agree. At least, not right off. My point is that they were there to push the clones in the direction of being ready for anything. To introduce them to a peak of what lies beyond the sterilized facilities of Kamino. Your point makes it seem like they're ready to be balls deep in a culture they have zero familiarity with.
>>
>>93416795
Is Dooku in Battlefront 2?
>>
>>93416523
Wouldn't you?
>>93416731
>>93416796
Come on. Why would people get that fired-up about a dead guy?
>>
>>93416796
if we're lucky he may not see it, but the guy (possibly several guys) gets super triggered when anybody says anything positive about Boba Fett, regardless of whether they are mandofag EU leftovers, canon autists, or normies, and then a flame war starts
>>
>>93416815
Oh sorry you're right I did make them sound a little too good. I meant to say that I think they can potentially be as advanced in combat as the Fetts, not that they all are or that they all will become that way. A good amount end up jobbers before they can manage to get to that level, but yeah.
>>
File: 141018-M-IN448-045.jpg (3MB, 2500x1666px) Image search: [Google]
141018-M-IN448-045.jpg
3MB, 2500x1666px
>>93416934
>A good amount end up jobbers before they can manage to get to that level, but yeah.

Clones haven't really jobbed to anyone. Anyone they got BTFO by was justifiably better trained or more dangerous than they were.

Unless you're counting the poor mooks who went down on the battlefield against clankers.
>>
>>93414996
>Drill Sergeant
>Post a Drill Instructor.
You are a disgrace to my Corp.
>>
File: Ach-To.jpg (129KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Ach-To.jpg
129KB, 640x426px
Has Star Wars inspired anyone else's religious beliefs? I'm not going to say that it inspired me to become a Catholic because that was actually my real experiences in life but it's helped me understand Christianity and anger in the context of a sin. I'm actually pretty surprised to find that while many other media franchises are either atheistic, or awkward around religion, that Star Wars actually has much inspiration from Christianity, even in the days of Disney owned canon. I'm glad to see Lucas' personal spirituality still influences religion in Star Wars lore (Guardians of the Whills, Church of the Force, etc) instead of it just being a bunch of guys with colorful sticks called Jedi who are nice or something like it often was in the EU.

This video actually does a really good job of explaining how in a world where nobody can agree on specific moral standards anger and violence festers and rationality goes out the window. Reminds me of Lor San Tekka's "Without the Jedi there can be no balance in the force." comment. Without people who worship the power that connects all living things (God) the dark side (immorality) festers and any semblance of rationality, diplomacy, or peace disappears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX-dM-dokXc
>>
File: 1494118735860.jpg (53KB, 400x454px) Image search: [Google]
1494118735860.jpg
53KB, 400x454px
>>93417282
No.
>>
>>93409789
Aphra is balding
>>
File: radical sheev.jpg (72KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
radical sheev.jpg
72KB, 880x880px
>>93417282
nope, still an atheist.
>>
>>93416523
I know I did
>>
File: 1496704560562.png (2MB, 1399x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1496704560562.png
2MB, 1399x1100px
>>93417282
Yes, especially recently. While I can't exactly connect with any religion persay anymore, it has inspired me to follow more closely Buddhist and Taoist philosophies, and helped me get into psychology and philosophy as a whole, leading me to start formulating my own beliefs. It's also allowed me to look at Judeo-Christian values through a more objective lens and I've come to realize just how relatively interchangeable almost every faith and philosophy is - they all generally say the same thing through different mouths.

Though I cannot connect with any one religion, I am curious to get involved in them, or at leadt sit in on sermons and the like to get a better sense of what makes them so captivating, especially in regards to the nature of "God" within and without ourselves and the True Worlds they so often prepare to pass onto.
>>
>>93417282
*tips fedora* m'force
>>
File: HS.jpg (175KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HS.jpg
175KB, 1280x720px
>>93417749
*tips blaster* m'princess
>>
File: Luke_whining.jpg (953KB, 1088x816px) Image search: [Google]
Luke_whining.jpg
953KB, 1088x816px
Wait! No! One more post and the thread dies! Don't do it! DON'T DO IT!
>>
>>93417944
Okay
>>
Are there ways to make common soldiers immune from the force? I can't think of any examples of this
>>
>>93417988
you monster
>>
>>93418015
>Are there ways to make common soldiers immune from the force?

No. Immunity from the Force is impossible. Especially for living beings as life is what the Force comes from. All are connected to it. To not be is to not exist.
>>
>>93418015
No. Nothing is "immune" to the Force. The EU had a few ways (such as carrying a ysalamiri around) but they've avoided re-using stuff like that in canon because the Force isn't supposed to be something you can be absent from, or be immune to.
>>
>>93418015
The Force isn't a superpower.
>>
>>93418177
>>93418140
>>93418134
Dumb question I suppose
>>
>>93405472
>>93405543
I hate to jump into old discussions but Stormtroopers suffer from being mooks from the 70's. I wish authors updated them in visual media to be more threatening but the comics and novels treat them fairly competently. Rogue One makes them threatening at certain points but they troopers on Jedha seem especially like fresh recruits of an occupying army. Not use to combat but small skirmishes and police duties.

>Saw's men blow up an AT-ST and ambush a platoon before pulling out
>troops arrive too late to pull massive assault
>snipers take pot shots at storms
>no real action
>>
>>93418140
>The EU had a few ways (such as carrying a ysalamiri around)
Another common error, the ysalamiri werent immune to the Force. They were attuned to it to such a degree, they could warp things around it. Meaning they could protect themselves from the Force sensitive Wolf-hound hunters.
>>
>>93418140
You're gonna feel real smart when the Vong show up in Ep IX.
>>
I got a thread ready no worries
>>
>>93418419
>when the Vong show up in Ep IX.
Dropped. Dropped in every medium.
>>
>>93418518
You're only fooling yourself.
>>
>>93418601
They'll never see another dime from me if they bring them back. Not that they'll care about those dimes, but I will.
>>
What do you guys think of Star Wars' comic run under Marvel so far?
>>
>>93418650
Kind of hit or miss so far. There's some that have been great and some that aren't so great.
>>
>>93418694
I understand what you mean. I've been liking Vader and Aphra a lot though and I wish there was more.
>>
File: dooku stare.jpg (75KB, 339x339px) Image search: [Google]
dooku stare.jpg
75KB, 339x339px
>>93418965
>rushed OP
>[embed][embed]
>current thread still on page 7
>>
>>93418965
Wait until page 10 newfag
>>
Put the storytime of this weeks comics in next, OP.
>>
>>93404897
Yea that was a stupid idea. This isn't Jump Street where its a throw away property or a short children's book or a toy line.

Injection of some humor can work. But making it a full on comedy breaks tone big time.
>>
______ is a Mary Sue
>>
>>93419755
Thrawn
>>
>>93419755
George Lucas
>>
File: 1489261013118.png (202KB, 354x374px) Image search: [Google]
1489261013118.png
202KB, 354x374px
>>93419755
None of the ST main cast
>>
>>93418650
It's alright. I've been enjoying it thus far, but the high points haven't been as high as Dark Horse's high points - not surprising though, considering it's only been 2 years. Spawned some amazing characters - Aphra, Thanoth and Tolvan being my favourites. It's really jarring and obvious when they use tracing and 3D models, however, I wish they stopped doing that.
>>
>>93420138
>>93420138
>>93420138
Thread posts: 527
Thread images: 119

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.