[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lobo thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: 1494624880170.jpg (340KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494624880170.jpg
340KB, 1920x1080px
Let's have a Lobo thread. Discuss the comics, favorite artists, Your thoughts on "Nubo". The best stories, best cartoon appearance, favorite Main Man voice actor? What are your hopes for the maybe movie?
>>
>>93396315
Best artist are:
Simon Bisley
Doug Mahnke
Alex Horley
Reilly Brown
>>
>>93396315
Here are some random thoughts on a Lobo movie.

In light of the Deadpool movies succes they should focus on making an R-rated Lobo movie. Let's have The Rock cast as Lobo aka The Main Man since this is even better than him being in Shazam as Black Adam. We need someone who can pull off being sleazy but also charasmatic, funny, foul and badass. Also his physique is close to a lot of the takes on Lobo. The question is if we just paint him white, give him lenses and a wig or use special effects?

For the rest of the cast we need someone to play Vril Dox and someone to play "the sidekick"

When it comes to the story I suggest we take a page from the book of the comic and do somewhat of a broad story adaptation of the one with his old teacher. But instead we can have Lobo trying to get an annyoing perp in to Vril(giving him a reason for not killing him, that and the money) and have him get tangled up into something bigger, and we can of course have people chasing him.

Let's also not forget that Lobo comes with some nice vocabulary and even though this is R-rated we can't forget to include frak, fetal's gizz and all those nice little expressions. Were's still gonna have blood, guts, smoking, drinking and maybe even some boobs in there. Maybe even some other forms of swearing.

The world of Lobo is in space so we can show a wide waraity of fun alien characters

Do we include his dog?

Do we have any callbacks to "Nubo"?

what do we have as an after credits thing? Lobo on earth, in a bar hitting on and being a sleaze to what turns out to be Wonder Woman?
Important characters to include? Mostly Lobo and perhaps Vril, otherwise I don't know if there is any fan favorites that HAVE to show up.

Have him say Bite me fan boy?
>>
File: f0bf4f18301081.562c732b62cfa.jpg (76KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
f0bf4f18301081.562c732b62cfa.jpg
76KB, 300x350px
>>93396547
But maybe the "social justice warriors" of today can't handle a Main Man movie with him being a sexist pig to space ladies. This might be what is holding WB from doing a classic Lobo. But Nubo wasn't popular enough to garner a movie but I suppose we could get something of a compromise since it would be R-rated.
>>
File: 1459353891925 VRILL DOX.gif (57KB, 282x410px) Image search: [Google]
1459353891925 VRILL DOX.gif
57KB, 282x410px
>>93396547
And maybe we can't have Vril or L.E.G.I.O.N.S. in a movie since we haven't had Brainiac in a movie yet.
>>
Any good TP Volumes I should look out for?

Really want to get into this character.
>>
he's so handsome
>>
>>93397054
I just ordered the crossover with The Ask, that's a good one. The one with Hitman is good too. You should start with Lobo - Portrait of A Bastich. Also Lobo's Back, Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special and Lobo Unbound.
>>
>>93397093
That is of course supposed to say The Mask. It's two issues long and it's a fun little read with great art.
>>
>>93396547
the rock isnt funny
>>
>>93397226
Of course he isn't. But Lobo is. So as long as he can act like Lobo everything will be gucci.
>>
>>93397277
he can only act and intone as the rock
>>
File: 6341.jpg (330KB, 1046x1635px) Image search: [Google]
6341.jpg
330KB, 1046x1635px
>>93396547
That should say frag*
>>
>>93397397
That is also true. But I personally feel like The Rock being himself would fuck up Lobo less than it would Black Adam.
>>
If not the Rock, who would you like to see cast as Lobo?
>>
File: 001.jpg (111KB, 645x1241px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
111KB, 645x1241px
I made a Lobo re-design trying to get away from the biker look but staying relatively true to the character, and I might as well post it here.
>>
My friend and I had an idea for a Lobo movie where he is chasing a bounty In the backwaters of the solar system and runs into Orion in outerspace and the whole movie turns into kind of an R-rated buddy-cop/action/comedy that pokes fun at the typical tropes of those genres with the Main Man's brash attitude contrasting with Orion being more collected. The DCEU has been very serious up to this point, and I think Lobo would make a fantastic outlier in the universe.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.