[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they sell it to another park?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Why didn't they sell it to another park?
>>
It was going to be added to Disneyland as part of their Tomorrowland update, but that got scaled back significantly and the Flight to the Moon/Mission to Mars building that it was going to be installed in ended up being turned into a crappy pizza joint.
>>
>>93394238
I didn't know they ever planned to move it beyond WDW. That's interesting. When was this?
>>
File: 1360287146930.jpg (23KB, 232x197px)
1360287146930.jpg
23KB, 232x197px
>>93394114
>tfw everyone talks about how cool this was and I never got to experience it
>>
>>93394299
Me neither. I just watched/listened to all the clips and read all the material I could find.

I sincerely think Disney should just sell the rights to Universal. They wish they had an attraction this cool.
>>
>>93394271
In the mid-90s during the original development of the attraction. It was always planned to be the next big franchise attraction like the Mountains and stuff, but the backlash to how scary the Magic Kingdom one was ended up shutting those plans down.

To elaborate, the initial plan for the 90s overhaul of Tomorrowland was going to be something called Tomorrowland 2055. The story of the land was going to be that during some construction work, Disney uncovered some ancient alien monoliths that ended up sending a signal into space and that by the 2050s, Disneyland has become the Happiest Place in the Galaxy and all these different aliens have set up shop in Tomorrowland. So among the new attractions was a new show in the Carousel theater called Plectu's Intergalactic Revue, a musical aliens show that apparently was going to have Michael Jackson voice the ringmaster title character, as well as Rocket Rods and Alien Encounter. Additionally, the Aliens storyline would play into a nighttime parade with mystical guardians of light alien creatures landing somewhere behind Main Street and walking through the streets to Tomorrowland.

But the budget was too big for all this and they ended up scaling it back to a halfassed version of Paris's Discoveryland, Rocket Rods took up most of that money, but there wasn't enough money to do it properly and bank the turns, so it kept breaking and ended up closing after only a few years. The Light Alien parade thing got turned into Light Magic, which was a crappy replacement for Main Street Electrical Parade that was a blatant attempt at cashing in on the popularity of Riverdance with stepdancing Neverland fairies and Celtic remixes of Disney music, but it sucked balls so badly that it only lasted a single summer.

Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland overhaul went through with Alien Encounter, but Magic Kingdom was a lot more child friendly then Disneyland, so it didn't go over as well as it probably would have over in California.
>>
>>93394502
Then they should either bring it to California or fucking sell it instead of wasting the best attraction they've ever had.

>tfw Tomorrowland 2055 sounds way cooler than Cars Land, Star Wars Land, Avatar Land, or any other Land
>>
>>93395229
Too late, it's time has passed, Disney's Tomorrowland priorities are focused around capeshit and Pixar these days, and Disney's never been the sort of company that sells their things off.
>>
>>93395278
>and Disney's never been the sort of company that sells their things off.
Fuuuuck. Wel, is the tech used to build Alien Encounter patented? Maybe a facsimile can be built elsewhere.
>>
>>93394502
Huh. And here I was thinking that it was just a poorly-thought out one-off. I guess that explains why they recycled the name for the DisneyQuest ride.
>>
>>93394114
>tfw never enjoyed this.
Fuuuuck, is there anything similar in any other parks?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.