[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Edgar Wright left Ant-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

File: Ant-Man.jpg (146KB, 1393x770px) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man.jpg
146KB, 1393x770px
>“I think the most diplomatic answer is I wanted to make a Marvel movie but I don’t think they really wanted to make an Edgar Wright movie,” Wright said in an interview with Variety. “It was a really heartbreaking decision to have to walk away after having worked on it for so long, because me and Joe Cornish in some form—it’s funny some people say, ‘Oh they’ve been working on it for eight years’ and that was somewhat true, but in that time I had made three movies so it wasn’t like I was working on it full time. But after The World’s End I did work on it for like a year, I was gonna make the movie.”

>Wright then went on to explain how issues arose when he was asked to hand over finishing touches to people within the studio, a very different approach than what he was used to given his career of personally handling creative decisions from start to finish.

>“But then I was the writer-director on it and then they wanted to do a draft without me, and having written all my other movies, that’s a tough thing to move forward thinking if I do one of these movies I would like to be the writer-director,” Wright said. “Suddenly becoming a director for hire on it, you’re sort of less emotionally invested and you start to wonder why you’re there, really.”

nothing shocking
>>
The visuals would've been great, but his story didn't sound very good.

In fact you can pinpoint all the things Marvel likely took issue with.
>>
I honest to goodness had a feeling it was something like this.

Still, I'd pay to watch his movie.

I'm excited for Baby Driver.
>>
File: Untitled.png (80KB, 210x187px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
80KB, 210x187px
>>93393170
>It was a really heartbreaking decision to have to walk away after having worked on it for so long

Worked on it the way High School kids "work" on that book report all Summer, it's first day of class, stay home sick because "didn't finish book report", then ask for another couple weeks when you show the next day.

How many decades does it take to make a film about a guy who talks to ants?

Wright's dicking around is the reason we had glorified SHIELD agents instead of Giant-Man and the Wasp as founding Avengers.

Fuck him, and fuck all Wright apologists.
>>
>>93393170
That's exactly what I figured. Stupid to hire a popular director with such a distant voice and then hem him in like that. But that's the price of getting cookie cutter shit out every couple of months.
>>
>>93393170
>I would like to be the writer-director,” Wright said. “Suddenly becoming a director for hire on it, you’re sort of less emotionally invested and you start to wonder why you’re there, really.”

The MCU in a nutshell.
>>
Thanks to him Hank and Jan aren't Avengers in the MCU!! ¬¬
>>
>>93393438
Did you literally stop reading it there? He says right after that he did three other movies in that time and his primary work on Ant-Man was one year.
>>
>>93393438
>>93393493
>Wright leaves because he has no control over his movie
>retards thinks he had control over movies that have nothing to do with him
>>
>>93393483
He's a special snowflake, and I'm glad he's relegated to low budget Brit-coms for the rest of his existence.
And the movie he ditched work on Ant-Man to direct, it was a steaming pile of crap even by the modest standards of his earlier films. But he "felt" that one, I guess.
>>
>>93393521
I'd prefer a bad movie that came from a genuine passion to a mediocre movie made by a board of executives any day of the week.
>>
>>93393521

>And the movie he ditched work on Ant-Man to direct,

>I had made three movies
>>
We could be getting real movies instead of sitcom trash made by bland yes-men directors.

Taika and Coogler are both great filmmakers, I'm really scared to see how bad Thor 3 and Panther are raped
>>
>>93393170
>they wanted to do a draft without me, and having written all my other movies, that’s a tough thing to move forward thinking if I do one of these movies I would like to be the writer-director

ahahahahaa

so it was true all along

he's literally impossible to work with and has no idea how other people's processes work or any desire to learn

bad director is bad

but please yes let's have another movie full of swooshing noises, jump cuts and star wipes

gotta love them swooshies
>>
>>93393493
Nigga if Marvel/Disney wanted Hank and Janet to be Avengers they would have made them Avengers, they have the final say and it's not like the MCU wasn't making stupid money enough at that point to justify booting Wright if they wanted to go that route. Face it, Marvel just doesn't care about them.
>>
File: 1420697546179.png (332KB, 513x746px) Image search: [Google]
1420697546179.png
332KB, 513x746px
>>93393495
He was hired on in Phase 1, and did NOTHING but whine like a bitch about his "working conditions".

This was his chance to do a big-budget film with the most powerful studio on the planet, after which he could go on to do pet projects with double his previous budget.
He's a spoiled babby artist. Fuck him, and fuck you.

Every Director going into the Shared Universe should have easily recognized that the films had to be relatively on the same level, and that they were using Marvel's corporate toys as characters in them.

I'm sorry this petulant shit didn't get to turn Ant-Man into his "personal expression", but he was hired for no such thing.
>>
People are seriously defending Disney and its practice of creating movies in the board room mentality?
>>
>>93393518
The only reason Hank and Jan didn't appear before Ant-Man was because Wright had plans for them... a movie planned even before Iron Man, Whedon wanted to use Jan in the first Avenger, but surprise! Wright had plans for her too.
>>
Sounds like it was mutually the right decision.

And it was handled well, done early enough to produce a good movie, probably a better one than he would have made.

World of difference between this and the current thing of Disney kicking out directors and having someone else "help out" by directing reshoots
>>
>>93393594
To be fair, he was hired before the shared universe was a thing.

But once it was he should have seen the writing on the wall and gotten out then.
>>
Good, his movies are shit.
>>
>>93393521
>He's a special snowflake

No he's not, he's a film maker. He makes his own films that he feels passionate about. He's not a glorified babysitter there to produce what the studio wants and shit all over his creativity.

>it was a steaming pile of crap even by the modest standards
You have absolutely shit taste then.
>>
>>93393611
That's what happens when you're a Disnygger
>>
File: Baby Driver.jpg (158KB, 674x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Driver.jpg
158KB, 674x1000px
>>93393592
>Nigga if Marvel/Disney wanted Hank and Janet to be Avengers they would have made them Avengers
They were intended to have an introductory film just like all the other Avengers. Wright kept hemming and hawing and whining but not quitting, so they abandoned that and used two characters that HAD been introduced in previous movies.
That is entirely on Wright.
Now he's finally got another film, some made-for-tv-tier comedy heist. It should pull in thousands of dollars.
>>
>>93393611

Yes they are. Fanboys are pure cancer.
>>
>>93393686
They had 6 fucking years between hiring Wright and the release of Avengers, man. They just didn't care.
>>
>>93393686
I can guarantee that movie will be better than anything the MCU has produced.
>>
File: 1494135459942.png (335KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1494135459942.png
335KB, 633x758px
Hank was never a villain in the Wright/Cornish script, the villain was a new character called Nano-Warrior who they renamed Yellowjacket in the McKay/Rudd script. Like half of Wright's movie had Pym as Ant-Man so I'm tired of this rumor getting spread.
>>
File: babydriver.png (644KB, 740x608px) Image search: [Google]
babydriver.png
644KB, 740x608px
Disney's loss.
>>
>>93393836
>Like half of Wright's movie had Pym as Ant-Man

That's not true either.
>>
File: one big happy family.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
one big happy family.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>93393611
Yeah sure let's all make movies for fun instead of to pay our wages, that's what the teamsters are in it for, the fun of being in the entertainment industry.
>>
>>93393521
>And the movie he ditched work on Ant-Man to direct, it was a steaming pile of crap even by the modest standards of his earlier films. But he "felt" that one, I guess.
Fuck off, The World's End is the best film of his career. Every movie he's made has been better than the previous one.
>>
>>93393893
Antman has like 85% RT and made nearly ten times as much as the highest grossing Wright movie. They didn't exactly lose anything.
>>
>>93393377
I'm not. Seems really up its ass. Something I've grown tired of Wright films as of late.
>>
>>93393980
It lost contrarians and hipsters.
>>
>>93393438
You make Unsounded fans look bad. Stop that.
>>
>>93393980

They lost a good movie.

No one is arguing Disney isn't making a bajillion dollars off of the MCU, that's not up for debate. The argument is that these movies are safe and bland and terrible.
>>
>>93393786
>Same kinda hipster shooter flick we've seen a million times now.

Nah. Wright is a day late on this trend.
>>
>>93393908
But Edgar Wright's movies are profitable.
>>
>>93394022
And Wrights stupid Ice Cream Acolytes.
>>
>>93393611
It's no different in the MCU than defending having Editors in comic Marvel or the "Star Wars Canon Council" or whatever they call it. From all we've heard Edgar Wright's movie sounds like it would've been like one comic blowing up half of the US while all the other on goings just ignore it or having some schmuck make Palpatine's three eyed bastard child who sounds like the kind of villain even Saturday Morning Cartoon villains make fun of. Completely divorced from the idea of a shared universe.

I don't defend the practice as some kind of law all movies should follow, that's asinine. Dark Horse does well just having their series bump into each other every so often and then just go on their way with much curation. Trying to force the universe over the story is a reciepe for fucking up as we've seen time and time again. But some amount of give and take has to exist if you're undertaking this sort of project, no matter who's running it. There's also more to Edgar Wright dragging his feet than just laziness too: his passion projects with his actor friends took precedence because one of them they thought might die sooner rather than later and they all wanted to finish it before he did. Marvel/Disney accommodated this and then brought the reality of the situation to his attention once he was willing to devote more time to the MCU. It didn't sit right with him, so he left.

This whole story is about how accomodating each side was until they realized it wouldn't work and then split. Marvel/Disney, if it really wanted to, could have kicked him out earlier once it was clear he wasn't getting a movie out for Phase 1, if Ant-Man and Wasp were something they really wanted to have in Avengers. That's the other side of working with the big companies, they can kick people around when they aren't working out. But they didn't, and Wright only left once his divided focus prevented him from getting his movie out in time to not be wrapped up in the other stories.
>>
>>93394073
>and terrible
says a select few people on the internet
>>
>>93394073
Ant Man was my favorite MCU movie at the time I watched it, but I'll agree to this. There were some good elements, but as a whole the movie is mediocre. I can't deal with watching it over again.
>>
>>93394073
>terrible
Only the critics think this... oh wait
Only the audience thinks this... oh wait
>>
>>93394122

That's really not accurate. A lot of people are starting to roll their eyes at the quipiness. I have seen next to no Spider-Man hype among normies I know.
>>
>>93394073
>are safe and bland and terrible.
Meh. You guys say this about any movie that's popular or successful in the mainstream. I'm not gonna trust the people that worship The Room and Armond White.
>>
>>93393762
Whedon did say that the Wasp was an Avenger in early drafts (the bad first script he was brought in to rewrite, and his own first draft). I don't know how that would have lined up with what Wright had in mind.

It does stick out that of the core classic Avengers, the ones who carried most of the stories, the only ones who didn't make it into an Avengers movie are Hank and Jan. Even Quicksilver made it in if only briefly.
>>
>>93393980
They lost a an actually good and unique superhero movie. This test footage is better than all of Peyton Reed's Ant-Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-pFrplmexo
>>
>>93393481
Same reason LucasFilm just fired the directors/writers of Han Solo.
>>
>>93394162
>A lot of people
And these people would be?
>>
>>93394163

I'm really not any kind of "you guys." I'm assuming you mean /tv/ posters who i consider as cancerous as anybody.

Popular and successful movies don't need to be bland and boring. In the cape world I would point to Logan which was a stellar movies that was massively successful
>>
File: whew.png (331KB, 374x558px) Image search: [Google]
whew.png
331KB, 374x558px
>>93394122
>>93394161
>>93394163
>argumentum ad populum

Listen, it's fine if you like Ant Man or whatever other movie, but don't be that asshole who goes "Man /co/, everyone here but ME is such a FUCKING CONTRARIAN for not liking the same things I do!" Like for real, fuck off with that bullshit. You're entitled to your opinion and so is anon.
>>
>>93394162
And how are Wright films any different. Baby Driver is quippy as shit.
>>
>>93393592
Whedon wanted Wasp for Avengerd and there was a Hank reference taken out of Thor because of the fact that those characters were off the table because of Wright.
>>
>>93393438

I'd get that butthurt looked at by a doctor, mate.
>>
File: Ant-Man.jpg (110KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man.jpg
110KB, 600x592px
Wright's draft, for anyone who's curious.

>Scott Lang is a petty criminal who has been arrested multiple times. His wife Maggie decides to leave him and take their daughter Cassie. Scott is determined to win them back.

>Pym created the Ant-Man technology but then sealed it away after it caused the death of his wife Janet. Darren Cross steals his company and develops his own version of Ant-Man, the Nano Warrior, aided by Pym's estranged daughter Hope Van Dyne, who blames Pym for her mother's death. Pym then recruits Lang to become Ant-Man and destroy the Nano Warrior.

>Hope has a minor role and is not part of the heist. Once she realizes that Cross is insane, she only disables the security system so Lang can infiltrate Pym Technologies.

>Maggie has a major role and is Scott's love interest. Her new boyfriend, Detective Jim Paxton, is Lang's childhood rival who was rejected by Maggie in their teenage years, and determined to send Lang to jail to get him out of the way.

>Lang's crew is comprised of eight minor characters, including Luis, Dave and Kurt. They all have minor roles. Wright's Luis only has at about five lines.

>Cross has an enforcer, his dim-witted cousin and chief of security William Cross.

>Ant-Man and Nano Warrior fight during a car chase leading to another battle in Cassie's bedroom.

>No S.H.I.E.L.D., no Hydra, no Wasp, no Falcon and no Quantum Realm. Janet is truly dead.

>Paxton and William Cross were slated to be played by Patrick Wilson and Matt Gerald. Wilson dropped out due to scheduling conflicts, while Gerald's character was written out and he was instead cast as Melvin Porter in Netflix's "Daredevil".
>>
>>93394200
Well looking at their previous work it woudln't have fit well into Star Wars tone.
>>
I am curious but was it Ike and his shit patrol AKA the creative committee? Or Kevin Feige who had the problem with Wright?
>>
>>93394192
How is this any different from the movie we got?
>>
>>93394264
So we go from not having Wasp and Hope being a non factor to now getting Wasp Reborn.

I say its a win.
>>
>>93394276
They were fired because they encouraged improvisation on set and Disney wanted nothing of that. They wanted them to make a soulless movie for max shekel appeal. At least Lord and Miller have some dignity and fought for creativity.
>>
>>93394264
>Maggie has a major role and is Scott's love interest. Her new boyfriend, Detective Jim Paxton, is Lang's childhood rival who was rejected by Maggie in their teenage years, and determined to send Lang to jail to get him out of the way.
This is the only part I really disagree with. The movie dealt surprisingly well on the issue of a father trying to stay in the life of his children after a Stepfather has moved in without doing the cartoonish thing of making him and ex-wife get back together and the new husband turning out to be a jerk or something.
>>
>>93394276
That's kind of the problem though, isn't it?
Every Star Wars movie since Return has been trying to copy Hope and Empire's "tone" despite the two movies having drastically different tones and ways of presenting themselves. Star Wars doesn't need a singular tone with various shades of lighthearted camp or gritty seriousness applied on top if you're gonna make a million fucking movies, it should just be a setting.

And that setting is FUCKING SPACE.
>>
>>93394276
So why bother hiring them in the first place?
>>
>>93394264
Patrick Wilson needs more cape roles.
>>
>>93394317
>Improv in a Dramatic Action film.

Nah that doesn't work in something that isn't a Comedy.

Also that is kinda a note of a bad director if they can't direct.
>>
>>93394264
>Scott Lang is a petty criminal who has been arrested multiple times.
Good, and more realistic than what we got.

Also good, though maybe less realistic than what we got.

>Janet is truly dead.
Good.
>>
“But then I was the writer-director on it and then they wanted to do a draft without me, and having written all my other movies, that’s a tough thing to move forward thinking if I do one of these movies I would like to be the writer-director,” Wright said. “Suddenly becoming a director for hire on it, you’re sort of less emotionally invested and you start to wonder why you’re there, really.”
Then what was the fucking point of hiring Wright.

Ant-Man was...okay. I've watched once, and I own on blu-ray but it's still in the plastic wrapping. I still wish that we had seen what Edgar could've done with Ant-Man because man has such a distinct style to his films that I'm still really salty that he probably won't direct another cape film,

I mean I would love it if he directed the Flash, because honestly fuck Miller and the other one, but DC/WB has the same problems too. Although Patty did say that they gave her free reign on WW so who knows.
>>
File: 7-052.jpg (17KB, 381x341px) Image search: [Google]
7-052.jpg
17KB, 381x341px
>>93394361
Yeah man, what kind of asshole would have Han Solo improv a line?
>>
>>93394335
Because they thought they were good directors. Turns out they aren't and rely on being carried by actors.

This isn't Second City Improv Camp. We need big boys.
>>
>>93394361
Encouraging improv is different from Paul Feig saying " there's no script, just be funny!"

I mean Han Solo and even Lando are pretty established characters, a decent actor could probably improv things that are appropriate
>>
>>93394264
>Hope is a literal who and no Wasp presence
>Cliche love triangle instead of Paxton realizing Scott is good and both becoming bros in the end.
>No Yellow Jacket and we get a retarded name like Nano Warrior
>No Quantum Realm
>No based Luis but instead we get a wannabe Paul Blart in Cross' cousin.

Yeah no I'm glad.
>>
>>93394373
>DC/WB has the same problems too
It has the same problems, but considering how Snyder beefed it and WW is their first critical and audience success for their Universe, they might be more willing to let Wright off the hook. Especially since they seem to have no fucking clue what to do post JL.
>>
>>93393521
Stupid MCU shill. Do you even know who Edgar Wright is?
>>
>>93394411

> " there's no script, just be funny!"

worked pretty well for Iron Man
>>
>>93394373
>Then what was the fucking point of hiring Wright.

It's simple.

>Edgar Wright wants to make Ant-Man.
>Studio hires him.
>Wright writes a script.
>Studio doesn't like it, hires someone else to rewrite it.
>Wright doesn't agree with the changes they want.
>Wright leaves the project.

Namely Marvel had issues with the general tone. It was a fairly mean-spirited script, apparently. Both Lang and Pym were assholes. There was also the problem of Wright objecting to MCU references because he wanted "Ant-Man" to be completely standalone. He hated the proposed backstory of Pym being an ex-SHIELD agent.
>>
>>93394361
>improv doesn't work in drama

Robin Williams literally improvised this whole scene. Pretty much everything the drill sergeant said in Full Metal Jacket was improvised. Much of Anthony Hopkins performance in Silence of the Lambs and Heath Ledger's Joker were improvised. Even keeping on topic, Harrison Ford improvised a lot of his lines and performances. His most iconic line he made up on the spot was "I know."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM-gZintWDc

You don't know shit about film making.
>>
>>93393556
I think Coogler and Taika have alot more freedom than those under Ike and the Creative Committee.
>>
>>93393980
And TFA has a high rating on RT and the Transformers movies consistently outgross most MCU movies.

Your point?
>>
>>93394457
>the Creative Committee
Oh right, I forgot for a time all MCU movies had to deal with a group of people from the comics side of the company including Bendis going over their scripts.

Based Fiege convinced Disney to cut the cord.
>>
>>93394452

>Pretty much everything the drill sergeant said in Full Metal Jacket was improvised

to be fair though he was a former drill sergeant. He was gonna train the actor and Kubrick liked him so much he gave him the role. The guy who was gonna be the drill sgt is like a gunner in the Vietnam stuff in basically a cameo
>>
>>93394452
You are showing me good trained actors. We're dealing with fresh faces being told to improv by directors.

Diffrent situation.
>>
>>93394457
This the Creative Comittee gave Gunn a pain in the ass with Thanos and Favreau only came back after Ike got kicked out of Marvel Studios.
>>
>>93394361
>Hey I'm walkin' here!
>>
>>93394499
Harrison Ford was a nobody before Star Wars. His most notable role before that was his 2 minute scene in The Conversation that everyone forgot about until he became famous.
>>
>>93394514
Yeah Gunn's tacked on co-writer wasn't involved with the sequel, so far the only MCU movie to have a singular director writer

Spider-Man Homecoming has 6 credited writers, it's probably going to be a mess.
>>
>>93394490
>people from the comics side of the company including Bendis going over their scripts.

Holy fuck that is some bullshit. I'd be pissed if I working on those movies.
>>
>>93394547

And American Graffiti, which is how he met Lucas, helped him out with people auditioning for Star Wars by reading lines, and suddenly he's Han
>>
>>93393170
>Suddenly becoming a director for hire on it, you’re sort of less emotionally invested and you start to wonder why you’re there, really

Yet retards still think there are these big talents working on these films.
>>
>>93394435
You know as much shit as I give Miller and Lord, you do bring up a good point. The MCU was basically started with no script and the cast/director just improving.

I like TFA and Rogue One but it wouldn't kill Disney to just have something to break the mold.
>>
>>93394499
>moving the goalposts
>>
File: 1492136723757.png (58KB, 335x358px) Image search: [Google]
1492136723757.png
58KB, 335x358px
>>93394392
>Lord and Miller
>not good directors

Who else could have done The Lego Movie justice in your eyes? 21 Jump Street? Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs?

Those guys are great at turning bad ideas for movies into legitimately great and classic films. For Disney to squander their talent is an insult to modern filmmaking.
>>
>>93394435
Irons didn't do great with it. He tried, but he just couldn't keep pace with RDJ.
>>
>>93394298
Gosh, style, a different action tone from other Marvel films, better cinematography, funnier physical comedy, and not self-depreciating the concept of superheroes.
>>
>>93394392
This is some serious shilling.
>>
File: New_chloe.png (74KB, 266x500px) Image search: [Google]
New_chloe.png
74KB, 266x500px
How different was his Ant Man going to be from what we got?
>>
>>93394691
When was Ant-Man self-depreciating?
>>
ITT: Disney Shills
>>
>>93395043
More stylized (like Scott Pilgrim), more Ant-Man Pym, less connected to the MCU, less Luis and Hope, no Falcon or Agent Tits
>>
>>93394499
Literally nobody in the Untitled Han Solo Movie cast is a "fresh face"
>>
It's rather strange what's going on at Disney. On one hand you have Wright and Lord & Miller departing due to "creative differences", on the other hand Gunn, Coogler, Waititi and Rian Johnson seem to be able to do what they want, especially Rian who keep saying on Twitter that he had full creative control over TLJ.
>>
>>93395492
Ultimately you have to remember it isn't a Disney monolith making these decisions, Marvel and Star Wars have their own people in charge.

Marvel for the most seem secure in what they're doing enough to be more hands off, the Star Wars people are gripping entirely too tight and as a bonus appear to be hiring directors to make things they decide mid-way they don't actually want.
>>
>>93395492
MCU and LFL are two different organizations. Other than answering to the Jews running Disney there is no similarity there. Miller/Lord's probably has to do with LFL getting burnt by Abrams on TFA.
>>
>>93394162
>my personal experience is proof of X happening worldwide
Why do people keep doing this?
>>
>>93394264
>Nano Warrior
>no Hope
>no Quantum Realm
>cucking
Nah.

The only thing that could improve what we got was this:
>Scott Lang is a petty criminal who has been arrested multiple times. His wife Maggie decides to leave him and take their daughter Cassie. Scott is determined to win them back.
the modern Robin Hood thing made the jail stuff cheap as fuck.
>>
>>93394095
Yeah, Scott Pilgrim did gangbusters.
>>
>>93395587
>>93395714
But Rian Johnson is doing Episode VIII and they're letting him do whatever. That's what's weird.
>>
>>93394264
>no wasp
>barely any luis
>no quantum realm
>"nano warrior"
desu the final thing is better.
>>
>>93393438
>Wright's dicking around is the reason we had glorified SHIELD agents instead of Giant-Man and the Wasp as founding Avengers.

why do i keep coming to this board, i fucking hate all you retards
>>
>>93396861

>But Rian Johnson is doing Episode VIII and they're letting him do whatever. That's what's weird.

And JJ Abraham Lincoln didn't have any studio issues either.

Only the spin-offs seemingly have any real production problems. I enjoyed Rogue One a lot, but it was obviously compromised in the editing room, and Han Solo is currently on fire.
>>
>>93397078
There was no Wasp in Ant-Man either, outside of Janet in the flashback.
>>
>>93393170
His script was terrible desu
>>
>>93395492

I think the difference is ultimately who "plays ball" and who doesn't.

Rogue One is basically defined as a movie by someone who wants to play ball. Edwards basically bent over backwards to do a bunch of drafts and iterations on shit and do it in the slower AAA way that tentpole movies get made, where nobody can really make the big decisions as an auteurs because everything changes so many hands. At this point as much as we shit on Bad Robot there are always a string of other production houses involved with these films where whole sequences can get shipped out to VFX crews that have nothing to do with ILM or Lucasfilm.

A lot of filmmakers don't like doing it like that. They want to say "I want it exactly like this" and have someone just realize their specific vision. That has less to do with who lives and who dies in these cases and more to do with seemingly small things like how specific scenes play out or what a design could look like. This can obviously be less labor intensive and faster, Deadpool was made by a guy who knew how to do effects and knew the material inside out so it was made for less than half what cape films usually go for, but a lot of people can't cover their ass if it blows up so they don't want to take the risk, because for every Deadpool you have a Chappie by a director with similar technical skills but the film doesn't take off.
>>
>>93393170
Ant man just doesn't appeal to me it really is just for Man child dads and for beaners.

You can tell Disney is trying hard to appeal to the "regular" guy with a daughter and apperantly cuckolded

I'm so sick of this American bullshit
>>
>>93397881

Hope's role was smaller and there was no indication she would become the Wasp in any of Wright's drafts
>>
>>93394264
Using Scott Lang is already a problem for me
Family centric movies are just cringy
>>
>>93398141
Well said ESL-kun
>>
>>93396708
Patrician taste, my man.
>>
>>93393170
Yeah, Marvel did not want to have a movie in development for 10 years only for Wright to be a faggot and decide that his movie does not want to be part of a universe after all
>>
>>93394073
The only reason these movies exist is to make Disney a bajillion dollars.
>>
>>93393170
>Edgar Wright left Ant-Man
Good.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.