[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The God-King Of The Primordium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: illyria1_009[1].jpg (459KB, 1280x2008px) Image search: [Google]
illyria1_009[1].jpg
459KB, 1280x2008px
So, pic-related has just appeared in the DC Comics/some other comic series universe. How fucked are they?
>>
>>93392383
Hi Vaatu!
>>
>>93392383
No one knows who it is, more importantly no one cares.
>>
File: OldOneIllyria[1].jpg (433KB, 608x866px) Image search: [Google]
OldOneIllyria[1].jpg
433KB, 608x866px
>>93392462
Fairly certain that Illyria predates Vaatu by a good couple years. They hardly even look the same. Doesn't help that vaatu is a midget compared to her at the height of her power.
>>
In After the Fall she got taken out by a couple of direct hits by some dragons while she was distracted. That said, she was in the process of unraveling time and space. You'd need to hit her hard and fast. She seems to be vulnerable to extreme high and low temperatures. It's possible that someone like Superman could take her.
>>
>>93392489
That's too bad because she's a good character. At least, she was on the show. I haven't seen her comic appearances.
>>
Originally she was killed by her rivals, they likely ganged up on her.

In an alternate timeline she exploded -taking the continent with her, because her internal power was too much to be contained in a human host and she had to be nerfed.

In Peter David's Fallen Angel crossover, she almost got knocked into freezing arctic waters and she mentioned that the temperature and exposure would eventually likely kill her.

In After the Fall a dragon used flamethrower to take her down when she was destroying reality.

We know that another Old One was killed in season 3 by a bomb and a volcano.

In season 9 she was killed by a magical explosion.

She's tough, but not unbeatable.
>>
>>93393788
Her ability to freeze time for everyone but herself should have made her totally unbeatable by anything except writer-mandated jobbing, regardless of her physical vulnerabilities.
>>
>>93394229
Maybe the time freezing doesn't work on gods or other Old Ones?

But yeah, there's a reason the writers nerfed her pretty quickly.

Nowadays Fred is alive again and they have to share a body. If Illyria gets too overexerted or emotional Fred comes out and Fred can be hurt/killed.
>>
>>93394832
I heard that they wanted to do something like this on the show before it was cancelled. Are Fred and Illyria able to communicate or interact with each other, or is it a case where one is always dormant while the other is active?
>>
I'm not sure if she really freezes time or just slows it to a crawl. Spike has enhanced senses and when she escaped the first time he said he caught a blur as she disappeared. If time was trul frozen, she wouldn't have blurred, she would just have vanished. So if she's slowing it down, maybe a speedster or Superman could counteract that with their speed?
>>
>>93394887
It's a shame that the current series is kind of shit.

There was a Q&A with the author recently where she mentioned that the series should answer pretty soon your question about what level of communication exists between them.

There was a scene last season where Fred and Illyria fought inside her subconscious and Fred said they need to learn to coexist, but we haven't seen anything like that since.

It's pretty unclear at the moment, but Fred seems to know when Illyria is tired or sulking and won't come out. Illyria does tend to emerge conveniently when Fred is in danger, so it seems they are aware of each other on some level. Maybe like looking through a foggy window where the details are hard to pinpoint? We should find out soon what their exact relationship is like.
>>
>>93395107
It would have been great to see them interact on the live action show, partly because their personalities are so different and partly because Illyria would be offended at the notion of sharing anything at all, especially her own mind and body.
>>
>>93394957
It seems that she actually freezes time, and even if she doesn't her other powers would make the whole point moot. In fact, her pre-Mutari Generator state was actually tearing her shell apart because of power incontinence, and was thus being tossed out of the linear progression of time. She killed an alternate timeline's version of Angel's crew and dragging an earlier instance of Angel into the present created when she blew up and annihilated the continent. Presumably in her true state she has better command over this ability, so she may very well go a full "Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into a future where my Evil is LAW" on Superman and co if they try the usual assault on her.
>>
>>93394229
The Flash would be immune to that as would some other time related characters
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.