[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Live Action /CO/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 21

File: Black-Lightning-The-CW.jpg (190KB, 914x1372px) Image search: [Google]
Black-Lightning-The-CW.jpg
190KB, 914x1372px
I don't know if it was the moderators or something else but a live-action /co/ thread was quickly deleted so I thought I'd make a replacement.

Post live action /co/ media you.....
>Like
>Dislike
>Wish you Could Change.

Also post titles that you wish would get a live action adaptation but haven't done so.

Even though it hasn't come out yet, I'm actually kinda excited for CW's Black Lightning. It seems like it's CW attempt to mimic the tone of the Marvel Netfix and I'm interested to see how they pull it off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZpJeuXo2CY
>>
There hasn't been a cape shit movie that I haven't thought was line than "fine" in years.

I like the MCU, I like the DCEU, I like every Fox-Men movie.
>>
File: mImQPVPKNGlqPDmewsZ7TLvHND.jpg (511KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
mImQPVPKNGlqPDmewsZ7TLvHND.jpg
511KB, 1280x1920px
>>93392171
Me 2 man. Even X3 had a lot of things I liked even if I felt the movie was a little week.

One of my favorite cape films is The Spirit because it is batshit insane and hits the ground running from teh start of the film to the end. I saw it in theaters and once I realized it wasn't going to be Sin City but it's own different beast entirerly, I enjoyed the movie wholeheartedly and cackled like a madman throughout the entire thing.

I even liked The Green Hornet.

Top Five Cape Films (Animated and Live Action)

1. The Incredibles
>Best Fantstic Four movie I've ever seen.

2. Watchmen
>The movie was by no means for everyone, but it told a unique story in an interesting way and tonally sets itself apart from all cape flicks
>It's hard to pinpoint exactly what I enjoyed about this movie (costume design, acting, music choices, directing) bit in the end I thought it was stellar for what it tried to accomplish.

3. SPider-Man 2/X2
>both of these were so fucking good I literally can't choose.

4. Hellboy (it wasn't a straight adaptaion of the comic but I felt it did exactly what it needed to do. It made a Hellboy fan out of me when I never read the comic.

5. Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
>Probably my favorite of those listed.
>Stellar Justice League movie that has a straightforward plot, bitchin music, and an excellent cast all bringing their A-Game. Casting James Woods was a stroke of genius and Gina Torres was a delight. William Baldwin voicing Batman was weird at first but I began to see him in a whole new light. Also it was one of the most realistic interpretations of Batman. He gets his shit wrecked the entire movie and has to endure the final confrontation with a broken rib (or two). Soooooooo goood.
>Also it was written by Dwayne McDuffie originally as an episode that bridged Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FztJNLfTGbM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-rl0tfQO9E
>>
I know this is a super pleb post but The Dark Knight was a film that elevtated the cape-genre to levels that shocked the casual viewer.

In essence, it wasn't really cape film but a crime/drama that happened to star Batman. I know this is stupid to mention, but my grandmother loved this movie and she hates everything involving superheroes. Something about it clicked with the general audience and to be able to do that while still appeasing comic book fans (most but not all) is a feat worth mentioning.

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
>Seriously, I love this movie. Here's two great scenes that I really enjoyed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tag9Pm3qtA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTXnn5PZ7yg
>poor Batman
>>
This is definitely a stupid fan made picture.
With that out of the way, I would pay good money to see this filmed and released to theaters.
>If anything, I think the Crime Syndicate would have made a fantastic set of villains for the first Justice League movie but what the fuck do I know?
>>
File: 00195944_2a8c12bf.jpg (2MB, 3427x5150px) Image search: [Google]
00195944_2a8c12bf.jpg
2MB, 3427x5150px
Without question, my younger sister's favorite Batman movie is Batman Returns. This isn't even a choice for her. The second I started asking she stopped me and said, the one with penguin. Tim Burton took what worked in teh first one (dreadful atmosphere that made Gotham seem like a truly unique city) in the first movie and turned it up to 11. The movie was creepy. The movie was uncomfortable. And I loved every minute of it.

Danny Devito may not get the praise he does today but I felt his portrayal of Penguin was fucking god tier.
>>
>>93392640
The reason TDK is such a meme movie is specifically because it was a movie that impressed such a wide demographic
>>
File: poster1.jpg (525KB, 2191x3216px) Image search: [Google]
poster1.jpg
525KB, 2191x3216px
After the urging of a fellow /co/mrade, I watched Dick Tracy (1990). I had seen the film when I was much much younger (and didn't really remember of lot of it), but what I watched was god tier.

The cast was literally full of A-Listers.
The costume design was bright, colorful, and unlike anything that had been seen previously.
The movie had a custom Danny Elfman soundtrack.
It was expertly paced and the entire thing was under two hours.
AL PACINO AS BIG BOY CAPRICE!
>>
File: 84LIK7N051HH0003.jpg (270KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
84LIK7N051HH0003.jpg
270KB, 1000x1500px
>>93392894
>meme movie
Care to define this term? I feel like it's said all the time in an effort to discredit a movie but no one actually states what it means. Seems to be an all purpose put down in the same sense as calling someone "reddit".

This is one of the few times I pulled a 180 on a film. I loved it when it first came out and then afterward read the comic. Naturally I thought the movie was far superior and didn't think anything of it. Years later I find that I love the comic and all the ridiculousness that follows and consider the movie immensely enjoyable, but a shitty adaptation. If anything, I would like to see an adaptation of the comic that includes everything involving the supervillain secret societies. That seems so much cooler that rinky dink assassins that can bend bullets.

Definitely not a popular opinion, but I'll gladly stand by it.
>Probably the last movie where I found Angelina Jolie attractive and even then she was bony as shit when this was filmed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edpEspHOeVU
>>
Be honest /co/, what was your first impressions upon watching this movie? Although X-Men had come out two years prior it didn't manage to capture the feel of the comics in the way this did.

It was one of the few movies I went to see multiple times before I even knew how to evaluate movies objectively. There are a lot of dated jokes guaranteed to piss of SJW (which I love) and a simple plot that even the dumbest of audiences could follow, and for that it succeeded. It was a movie that wanted the audience to like it. It was a fun movie that gave us Spider-Man webslinging action and a fun as shit villain that kept us enthralled.
>Everything about the final encounter I feel has yet to be topped in cape media.
>THe lack of ambient music and exaggerated sounds of people being literally beaten to death is astounding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfSz0bQzZuM
>>
File: best i am at what i do.jpg (9KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
best i am at what i do.jpg
9KB, 150x150px
>>93392138
no
>>93392445
>>93392640
>>93392736
>>93392835
>>93392907
>>93393012
fuck off
>>
>>93393301
I liked it a lot, though to this day my dad insists they "went too far" with Green Goblin's death in terms of how "graphic" it was. It's very comic booky, which these days the live action stuff seems to turn away from.

Also best JJJ, of course.
>>
>>93392138
>live action
>/co/
>>
Lucifer is my favorite show on tv
>>
File: lucifer-poster-fox.jpg (164KB, 620x874px) Image search: [Google]
lucifer-poster-fox.jpg
164KB, 620x874px
>>93393308
Aww, it someone buttblasted I didn't mention their favorite movie? It's okay, I'm here now so you can cry into my arms. I'll hold you tight and tell you it's all going to be alright. Don't you worry now. I got you, baby. I'll always be here for you. Always.

>>93393330
>I liked it a lot, though to this day my dad insists they "went too far" with Green Goblin's death in terms of how "graphic" it was
Your dad needs to see more movies if that was too far.

>>93393330
>Also best JJJ, of course.
There is nothing I can say to this other than agree.

>>93393343
There's a chance you might be joking but I'll bite. It may not be the greatest adaptation of the source material but in terms of being it's own show and managing to make procedural police dramas interesting again.
The episode where he was trying to track down his wings sold me on the show.

>>93393338
Yep.
>>
File: foxface.png (214KB, 390x388px) Image search: [Google]
foxface.png
214KB, 390x388px
>>93393420
I already thought you were a faggot, no need to try so hard to convince me
>>
File: punisher-war-zone.19974.jpg (203KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
punisher-war-zone.19974.jpg
203KB, 1000x1500px
>>93393620
Lol you're hilarious. Widdle baby feel better meow? I hope you do.

Punisher: War Zone
>I was in absolute awe of this film. Not only does it look visually stunning in that it looks completely separate from other films out at the same time.
>Ray Stevenson made a killer Punisher (no pun intended). While Thomas Jane was a mcuh more "human" main character, Stevenson was an absolute force to be reckoned with. I bet he had less than 300 words of dialog the entire film and that is exactly how I want it.
>Jigsaw and Looney Bin Jim were a delight as well.
>>
File: thetick-720x960.jpg (132KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
thetick-720x960.jpg
132KB, 720x960px
>>93393620
Also wear a different hat for Christ's sake. You look ridiculous.

Also, is anyone else super stoked for The Tick by Amazon? I watched the pilot episode and while it was bizarre, I was completely enthralled the entire time. The tone is something that no show has come close to replicating. Jackie Earl Haley fucking nailed it as The Terror and the costume design was god tier.
>I'm torn on the new costume. The old one was working for me.
>I still love the Warburton show. This is something entirely different and I feel it stands apart enough to enjoy both.
>>
File: megamind1001.jpg (1MB, 3500x5000px) Image search: [Google]
megamind1001.jpg
1MB, 3500x5000px
Behold a movie that was better than it had any right to be. It had an interesting plot and characters that I could root for. MEtroman was a blast and Megamind's character are was actually believable and most of all enjoyable.
>Love this movie.
>Megamind pronouncing things incorrectly was icing on the cake of that movie. I cracked up every time he said a new word like Metrocity and Revange
>>
>>93394423
He's definitely The Tick. Its a great fit.
>>
File: patrick-warburton-as-the-tick.jpg (111KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
patrick-warburton-as-the-tick.jpg
111KB, 660x660px
>>93394630
WHile I loved Warburton in his role as Tick, Serafinowicz's voice caught me off guard an nailed it
>Go tell it on the mountain!
>>
As weird as it is to state, I consider Wellsboard to be the most complex out of all of the iterations of Eobard Thawne across the multiverse. Specifically, it is due to Thawne's complete contradiction of a relationship with Barry Allen.

On the one hand, he hates him. Barry is literally the reason why he dies (or at least in the comics). What was outright stated is that he was never to become The Flash and being the hero he wanted to be and instead was destined to become his idol's greatest villain. All of this culminated in him deciding that he should go back and kill Barry as a child terminator style. When that was unsuccessful, he thought to himself on how he could beat the flash. Ultimately, he thought having Barry experience a tragedy so early on would deviate his course of being the flash.

Unfortunately, after murdering Barry's mother he's realizes he's unable to return home without the flash. he then watches over Barry for 15 years and engineers the accident that gives him his powers. Afterward, he trains Barry to be the best hero he can be in order to be the best hero he can be, and all the while growing more and more attention to the adversary he despised. By the end of it, he admits that he seems himself as a father-ish figure to Barry and looks upon him with pride.

This version doesn't know whether he cares for the flash or wants to murder him with his bare hands. For a moment It genuinely seemed like he was ready to give up on his fued towards Barry if it meant he could simply go home. Unfortunately Flash punched his way through the time sphere and the rest is history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlpqFCfgXHs
>>
File: Losers Poster.jpg (189KB, 1024x1577px) Image search: [Google]
Losers Poster.jpg
189KB, 1024x1577px
>>93395235
Jesus, I've definitely drank way too much tonight. It's like a fourth grader wrote this. Still mostly legible...

Also an anon recommended this movie and I want to thank them for it. The Losers is a loose adaptation of the graphic novel by Andy Diggle. I actually consider this to be the precursor to Guardians of the Galaxy if that makes sense. This was a fun movie with a lovable team of misfits working to clear their name and stop an evil asshole. Straightforward plot that doesn't disappoint. Only criticism is that it's PG-13 and I wonder what we could have gotten with an Unrated Version. The entire cast is firing on all cylinders and has a couple actors that eventually became big things.
>>
>>93395235
>One step ahead
>Not ten steps master race.
Jesus Eobard for a speedster you're a bit behind.
>>
File: Spirit Poster.jpg (889KB, 1688x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit Poster.jpg
889KB, 1688x2500px
>>93395480
This cracked me up way more than it should have.

This is probably the most misleading trailer of all time. It does absolutely nothing to convey the absolute insanity of everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_TOa7RdqNg
>>
>>93395235
I'm not caught up with the Flash (left off after Season 3 opening with the Flashpoint fuckup), but I couldnt stand the whole muh Wells isn't actually the RF and it's really this blond dude who stole his face . Cavanagh did an epic job as RF and what, now he's just a normie scientist? Fuck that.
>>
File: smug thug with a mug.gif (1MB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
smug thug with a mug.gif
1MB, 500x297px
>>93395639
>couldn't even handle plain scientist Wells
>Left before Harry leaves and H.R. shows up
Anon, I...
>>
File: asm-poster.jpg (1MB, 2025x3000px) Image search: [Google]
asm-poster.jpg
1MB, 2025x3000px
>>93395639
As much as I like Cavanagh as an actor, I absolutely hated HR as a character. And how could anyone say Wells wans't the Reverse Flash. of course he was. He was simply a version of Thawne that reached his endgame and if it wasn't for Barry creating Flashpoint we wouldn't have this Thawne. It's actually quite interesting to see how the two Thawne's differed after the night of Barry's mothers murder. One version stayed and had to become Barry's teacher while the other peaced the fuck out and had adventures with Darke and Merlin.
>On the topic of Flash S03. It's not the worst thing in the world but it's obvious they didn't have any clue on what they were doing just like Season 2 but they managed to create a convoluted explanation for Savitar that I found slightly better than Zoom's use of time remnants.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
I have no idea how to feel about this movie. For every thing it does right, it gets something of equal and opposite value wrong. And what stings most of all is that the heads at Sony sabatoged this movie which contributed to its failture. Someone needs to beat them over the head with a stick saying that there should not be a Spider-Verse. You need to at least have a trilogy of movies under your belt before even considering such a move. How they could be this deluded is beyond me and I can fathom some really really stupid things.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.