[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Rebirth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 13

What're the titles everyone is reading still? Sticking with DEATHSTROKE, BATMAN, Titans and Outlaws. Picked up JLA. Going to pick up Super Sons after I enjoyed that #5 story time. Dropped Nightwing.
>>
>>93391014
Deathstroke is easily the best Rebirth.

I'm reading JL, because since it's the main hero-group, lots of cosmic/universe stuff are bound to happen and I want them. However, it's shit. Really, shit.
JLA for Lobo. Tolerable so far. Liked the last issue a lot, fun villain.
Batman because it's batman. Heavyhanded, but fine, for the most part.
Trinity is okay.
WW is very bad, no idea why I keep reading it.
>>
Batman.

I started reading Green Arrow and I liked it, but I'm only at issue 7 or so. Picked up Aquaman 25 and if its good I might go back and check out the others.
>>
Aquaman, Red Hood and Outlaws, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Hal and GL corps, Superman, Trinity.
>>
>>93391014
Deathstroke and New-Super Man are far and away the best Rebirth titles, and they really are pretty damn good.
Batman, Green Lanterns, Titans and Nightwing are good to decent.
Blue Beetle started slow but is getting better and better.

JLA seems to be getting worse and worse, I'm dropping it after the next issue.
Hellblazer completely shit the bed.
Can't wait for the shitfest that is All-Star Batman to end.
>>
>>93391014
I'm still reading Deathstroke, New Super-man and Hal n Pals

Deathstroke and NSM because they're good, HJGLC because I'm a Halfag and I hate myself
>>
New Super-Man and Detective Comics.
Read Superman too, since you like Super Sons.
>>
>>93391344

Whats wrong with All-Star Batman? Havent read it but I was considering picking it up next time.
>>
>>93391432
It just has no point. It can't justify its own existence. It's Snyder just wanking all over Batman and all of his villains. The "plot" is hardly a plot at all, its just pure over-the-top lol-so-random action of no substance.
>>
>>93391014
Deathstroke
New Super-Man
Superman
Wonder Woman
Shade
Green Lanterns
>>
File: cute2.jpg (930KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
cute2.jpg
930KB, 1988x3056px
>>93391014
RHatO is definitely one of the books I didn't expect to be as enjoyable as it is. Editors really do make all the difference
>>
Titans and New Super-Man, though I'm probably going to drop the former. I'm about to drop both though and go solely Young Animal.
>>
I started with reading almost all of them through storytimes here, now I'm down to only reading Deathstroke and Batman. They're the only two I particularly enjoy.

Plenty of good non-Rebirth stuff though, including Young Animal and Wild Storm.
>>
>>93391014

Still pulling
Deathstroke
Aquaman
Superman
Titans
Teen Titans
Super Sons

Dropped
Batman in the middle of I am Suicide
Green Arrow after Emiko issue
Wonder Woman after three issues
Trinity after four I think
Supergirl after the end of the first arc
All Star Batman before the First Ally arc

Thinking of dropping
Nightwing, no idea why I stuck for so long
Batgirl, at least it's monthly

Wish I had given Green Lanterns, Red Hood and New Super Man a chance. Now that a few of my pulls have gone monthly I think I'll buy the Rebirth trades I missed out on
>>
>>93391787
>non-Rebirth
Jetsons when?
>>
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lanterns
The Flash
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Deathstroke
>>
I haven't dropped a whole lot - I think just Green Lanterns and Batgirl - but I'm about to drop more because my pull list is getting insane.

Batman
Nightwing
Detective Comics
Batwoman
Flash
Wonder Woman
New Super-Man
Everything from Young Animal
The Wild Storm

I'm thinking of dropping Detective, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, and maybe Cave Carson and Mother Panic.
>>
Superman
Action Comics
Wonder Woman
Trinity
Batman
Detective Comics
Batman All-Star
Nightwing
>>
>>93391700
Please, don't drop New Super-Man. It needs all support it can get.
>>
Not enough New Super-Man in this thread. Easily the best thing to come out of Rebirth.
>>
File: 1486336796777.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1486336796777.png
42KB, 655x509px
>Batman
i dont have much money

>tfw everyone praises deathstroke and i read the first trade for deathstroke but to stupid too understand wats going on
>>
>Reading:
Deathstroke (Best title of Rebirth tied with New Superman)
New Superman (It's so good that like with Priest, I'm considering buying the other stuff he's made.)
Green Lanterns (The book I didn't think I'd like but I ended up loving)
Hal and the GLC
Superman
Super Sons
Shade the Changing girl (The best overall title, I don't personally count it as a part of Rebirth. It's still fucking fantastic
Teen Titans
Titans

>Dropped:
Batman (Never been a Batfan)
Aquaman (Failed to hold my interest by the middle of the 2nd arc)
Supergirl (Glacial pacing with horrendous art)
JLA (I'm sorry Orlando, but I was bored as shit by this by issue 2)
Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye (Technically good, just failed to hold my interest)
Batwoman (To be fair I just didn't care enough to pick up the first real issue. Same with Blue Beetle)
Red Hood (I just forgot to read it. Also I don't care about the cast and truth be told I'm still kind of miffed about how he fucked over the Teen Titans)
Detective Comics (I just lost interest after I think the 2nd arc. Around the time Tim died I just stopped giving a shit)
>>
>>93391990
Oh wait, forgot to mention I dropped Trinity after issue 1. I am very fickle
>>
>>93391987
The first trade is only half of the first arc IIRC, wait for trade 2 sir. Re-read the first one right before you read the second and from there you'll be fine senpai.
>>
>>93392014
Just read it, my man, it's enjoyable.
>>
Probably doesn't fall under Rebirth but how's the Young Animal Doom Patrol?
>>
File: MAR170317.jpg (341KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
MAR170317.jpg
341KB, 1000x1537px
>>93392014
No, it's just a legitmatly great and unique comic. I know it doesn't seem like it but it seriously is. READ IT. Download it, find someone to storytime it or something fuck idk
>>
>>93392043
Looks pretty Marvel tier but I'll check out the next story time. Maybe I'll be as impressed as I was with Super Sons.
>>
>>93391987

I also thought the writing was a bit convoluted in the first few issues. Like he tried stuffing too much stuff in too few panels. I gets a lot better tho. Unless I just got used to Priest's writing?
>>
>>93391014
Basically just reading shit Superman appears in at this point.

Probably dropping Justice League though because it is literally the worst thing DC is currently publishing.
>>
What would you all say is the worst Rebirth title and why?
>>93392014
Not at all. I had low expectations going in, but honestly I enjoy this character more than I enjoy regular Supes. If you like 90s Superboy you'll love Kenan
>>93392104
I dropped JL after one issue, what's so bad about it?
>>
>>93391014
Deathstroke, NSM, RHATO, Aquaman and GLs.
>>
Aquaman was good in N52 but it hasn't been interesting since Rebirth. Prove me wrong. You can't.
>>
File: New_Super-Man_Vol_1_7_Variant.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
New_Super-Man_Vol_1_7_Variant.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>
>>93392078
Wait, does this not take place in the future?
>>
>>93392197

Who are you and why should I care about your opinion?
>>
>>93392207
Nope, its running concurrent with the rest of the main DCU. Kenan has already appeared in Superman/Action Comics a couple of times and Clark has been in his book.
>>
>>93392207
Nope. It' takes place in the present
>>
>>93392063
Pretty wild but fairly enjoyable. When reading Morrison's run I felt the same way at first, like every arc was getting dropped into the deep end of WTFville, but the further I dug into it the more it all came together and made everything before better. It feels like this run is trying that, but things haven't exactly come together yet, and whether they do or not greatly affects how I feel about this first arc.
>>
>>93392225
Tell me about yourself first.
>>
>>93392126
>What would you all say is the worst Rebirth title and why?
I'd say Batman was aggressively shitty with the "cat" and "bat" dialogue and the extremely overdrawn arcs with whole issues where it felt like nothing really happened
>>
File: 4068986.jpg (111KB, 600x969px) Image search: [Google]
4068986.jpg
111KB, 600x969px
>>93392206
Is he as smug as he looks?
>>
>>93392237
>>93392240
Right. No idea how the hell I came up with that idea. Must have been confusing it with Batman Beyond for some reason.
>>
>>93392252

No
>>
>>93392126
Justice League is the only book I actively dislike. Deadman's mini was the most disappointing to me, what a fucking waste. And now we probably won't even see him again for a while.
>>
File: Detective_Comics_Vol_1_934.jpg (340KB, 940x1445px) Image search: [Google]
Detective_Comics_Vol_1_934.jpg
340KB, 940x1445px
>>93392126
Containment Comics. Excuse me. "Detective" Comics.
>>
Superman is by far my favorite.
I read Action Comics as well, just to get my Superdad fixed every Wednesday.

New Super-Man is a blast every month.

Batman is okay, but it's not a series I'd miss if I stopped reading it. It is better than the stuff Snyder has done.

I binge read Flash every arc now. It reads better that way. So does Suicide Squad and Trinity.

I just binges both GL books and did enjoy them a lot. Especially Green Lanterns. Simon is still a bore, but Jessica is waifu material.

I've got the first second of Super Sons on my phone to begin binging on that too.

I'm going to give Aquaman a go after enjoying #25 so much.
>>
>>93392286
In the beginning, absolutely. He's toned it down a bit since then but still shows up at least a couple times an issue.
>>
>>93392286
Pretty much, and its awesome to read.

The book really is building its own mythology/world while utilizing a lot of obscure ideas and characters from DC's past and its glorious.
>>
>>93392310
Why doesn't Tim upgrade to "Cardinal." He'd be able to keep his red.
>>
>>93392014
>China wants its own Justice-League
>latest test subject is some douchebag kid who accidentally beat a supervillain
>douchebag kid survives, makes new friends and embarks on a journey of self discovery
It's based. Kenan has quickly become one of my favorite DC characters

>>93392078
>>93392206
Why have I never seen these covers?
>>
File: NSM_Cv12_open_order_var.jpg (331KB, 845x1299px) Image search: [Google]
NSM_Cv12_open_order_var.jpg
331KB, 845x1299px
>>93392358
They are variants. When I added this book to my pull list at my LCS somehow I ended up with getting the variants, normally it would make autism go crazy but the covers were so comfy and awesome I never changed it. They continue to be awesome, here's the variant of the most recent issue.
>>
>>93392442
I like the New Super-Man variants a lot. One of them is usually traditional Chinese inspired which makes them a lot of fun and actually feel worthwhile. Guess I just missed a couple, I'm not the best about coming in every wednesday.
>>
>>93391480
>It just has no point.
Neither do most of capeshit yet here we are. Also non argument using buzzwords is still considered shitposting here, I think.
>>
>>93392344
He's Jewish. It'd be weird.
>>
deathstroke
aquaman
new super-man
superman
action comics

just dropped Nightwing and Super Sons, but may pick Super Sons back up.
>>
Superman, Flash, Titans. Picked up New Super Man and Super Sons. Dropped Blue Beetle.

I read Lazarus Contract. TT and Deathstroke seemed pretty good but I don't care enough to spend more money.
>>
>>93392996
Action Comics sucks though
>>
>>93391014
Deathstroke
New-Superman
Green Lanterns
Superman
Wonder Woman
Super Sons

>Non Rebirth
Shade
Bug!

Though Superman and Super Sons are staring to bore me.
>>
>>93393200
Seeing the Superman Revenge Squad back in action makes me happy.
>>
>>93391660
No matter where their relationship ends up, I'm glad they want for the forehead touch. Really sold me on their chemistry
>>
>>93391822
For what it's worth, Green Arrow really picked up after those two issues. The big anniversary issue was a great way to close out the first year and set the ground for some fun stuff in the future
>>
>>93391014
Been starting Nightwing and Green Arrow.

Nightwing is enjoyable, and it hits that "street hero" itch. Green Arrow started strong, but is starting to already crack.
>>
anyone read batman beyond? might pick up the trade if its good.
>>
>>93393853
>>93393883
Did you guys like the burn victim crime syndicate in Green Arrow?
>>
Is there an official recommended Rebirth list? Or even simpler a list of titles to avoid?
>>
>>93391990
But Cave Carson is so fun :(
And what did Jason do to the Teen Titans?
>>
>>93391014
Superman
Batman
Green Arrow
Green Lanterns
Aquaman
>>
No, it is shit. Almost everything reads like Johns is ghostwriting. Even YA isn't good and is completely artist driven.
>>
File: 5523688-05-variant.jpg (408KB, 832x1280px) Image search: [Google]
5523688-05-variant.jpg
408KB, 832x1280px
>>93392286
He's perfect
>>
Nightwing (Probably dropping this. Seeley is already treading water with Dick's character and he's never interesting unless he's in team ups)
Red Hood (This is good shit. It's a big dumb action book, but the characters are solid and the adventures they've been in varied)
Deathstroke (Best book running. Best run of the character)
Super Sons (Dumb fun)
Batman (Obligation. King is one of my favorite writers but he's turning in the worst work of his career here)
>>
>>93391014
Aquaman, Green Lantern, checking out Hal, Def super sons, mostly giving everything a try though, just because the quality (by comparison) is actually really good.
>>
Quick question about Rebirth Superman and Action Comics. What should i read before them? I read Superman:Convergence, the Men of Tomorrow and Lois and Clark so far.
>>
>>93394958
The Final Days of Superman
>>
>>93391014

Superman
Super Sons
Red Hood and the Outlaws

I'm also getting Teen Titans, Titans and Nightwing and enjoying them well enough but don't like them as much as the other three.
>>
>>93394273
Eh, Cave just isn't my thing. It's good, just didn't interest me.

Also it's not Jason that fucked up the Titans, it's the writer, Scott Lobdell, who fucked the team really hard. Shame too, under a good writer, the lineup he had could've been amazing
>>93394469
>Deathstroke (Best book running. Best run of the character)
I'd honestly say this is the best the character's been written ever
>>
>>93392197
That's some nice shit taste you have there anon
>>
>>93394958
this>>93395494
but dont buy it cause it's not that great.

from what i gather the essentials for DC are
>Superman
>Batman
>Deathstroke
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
and recently
>Aquaman
dont think im missing anything right?
>>
I've started reading Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, and Red Hood. I like Action Comics best out of those so far, I'm enjoying SuperLuthor.

Before, I was reading Green Arrow, Titans, and Superman... I really wanted to read Green Arrow, but it was WAY too heavy-handed and over the top. Still reading Titans, not sure about Superman.

Next on my list to check out is Deathstroke and Nightwing, as my roommate just bought those.

Can anyone tell me if Green Arrow got any better? And how's Aquaman?
>>
>New Super-Man
>Superman
>Action comics
>Both lantern books
>Super sons
>Most of the YA titles
>Redhood

I dropped
>Aquaman
>Teen Titans
>Titans
>Blue beetle
>>
Anyone else think Rebirth's best accomplishment is character redemption? Jess, Simon, Jon and Slade are all characters that I couldn't have given a shit about before, that I now really, really enjoy.
>>93398930
Green Arrow is the same as ever. I really like it, but if you thought it was too heavy-handed you probably won't. Personally, the only heavy-handed thing I noticed was Nathan Domini. Although, even if you dislike the story you might find it worth it just for Schmidt's and Ferreyra's art.
>>
>>93391990
>dropping Aquaman as soon as Sejic starts
HIS ART IS AMAZING ANON
>>
>>93391014
Deathstroke, new superman, nightwing, aquaman, superman, red hood and the outlaws, flash, super-sons
>>
Teen Titans
Super Sons
Superman
>>
>>93391014
Super Sons.Teen Titans.Superman.Wonder Woman.
>>
>>93391014
I'm only reading Deathstroke. rebirth is such a bust.
>>
Superman
Super Sons
Red Hood
Teen Titans
>>
Super Sons is pretty good I guess.

I read Nightwing when he's interacting with characters I like. Nightwing by himself is boring, but he's one of the BEST characters to bounce off others.

I follow all the Damian titles, including guest-stars and Teen Titans although TT is written pretty sloppily.

Shade the Changing Girl and Doom Patrol are phenominal, I really hope Young Animal doesn't die.

Batman every other arc or so, I read I am Suicide and the latest issue. King is so meh it hurts. Really looking forward to his Miracle Man though, like holy.

BUG is super dope. It's weird because I've always liked modern comics that replicate this era of comics, like from the 60's but I've never enjoyed actual 60's comics themselves. Am I a poser? I've tried multiple times to get into Kirby, but I always like Kirby-inspired comics wayyy more/
>>
Super Sons

I dropped
Titans and Batman
>>
>>93391014
Superman

Super Sons
Teen Titans
Wonder Woman

Red Hood and Outlaws,
>>
Supersons
>>
>>93391014
I started with Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, and Batgirl and the Birds of Prey. I'm dropping Wondygal now that Rucka's leaving, but have added Bane Conquest and Deathstroke after the crossover because I think Deathstroke trying (and failing) to be a hero sounds hilarious and also the book so far, now that I've caught up, is fantastic. Tec stays because of the team and the fact that I'm still really, really enjoying it. I flirted with Nightwing while To was on art, but since he seems to be out, I'm definitely out too. (Please note that this is just my pulls, not my actual reading. For reading, I'm checking out most of Gotham. :)
>>
>>93397267
drop Superman and Batman and RHatO, pick up New Super-Man and the Young Animal stuff
>>
>>93391014
Nightwing, my favourite book
Superman
Action Comics
Teen Titans Titans
Titans
The Flash
Blue Beetle
New Super-Man, the GOAT Rebirth book
Deathstroke, the second best book
Green Arrow
Green Lanterns
HJ and the Green Lantern Corps.
Aquaman

I also read Wonder Woman, Batman, and Detective Comics based on how I feel about the arc.
>>
Red hood
Batman beyond
Supersons
Death stroke (in trades)
Mother panic
Doom patrol
>>
Deathstroke (Love it)
Batman (Easily my least fave but sticking with it because hopefully Tom King can turn it around with The War Of The Jokes & Riddles)
Dark knights Metal (Love Scott & Greg's run on Batman so been looking forward to this

Dropped:
Titans (Wally is one of my fave characters but don't care about the rest the team enough to keep buying it)
Blue Beetle (Same situation, I love Ted Kord but he doesn't appear enough for me)

I wish i bought Superman when it came out, really enjoy the story times on here
>>
>>93400844
60s comics are very dated in dialogue and sometimes art. I like them personally but some of my diehard comic book reading friends have trouble getting through say Lee/Ditko Spider-Man. I definitely don't blame you if you can't read them, I would bet most serious comic fans won't enjoy reading them that much
>>
Green Lantern is my favourite ongoing right now.
>>
>>93404126
I agree, I'm buying 'The Official Marvel Graphic Novel Collection'
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection
I struggle when reading stuff from the 60s.
>>
>>93391014
Deathstroke

New Superman
>>
>>93392126
Batgirl and Supergirl are both super shitty to me. Both have ugly art, Batgirl has cringeworthy dialogue while Supergirl has a lot of problems with pacing and overall lazy writing.

But I would say Justice League should take the spot as the worst, considering how bad it is compared to how "important" it is as the company's flagship comic.
>>
>>93392126
JL is random cosmic-level threats appearing all the time with zero background and all the leaguers just throw themselves at the evildoers punching everything with no enjoyable character moments.
Very lazy writing, like a-guy-inventing-an-app-that-literally-controlls-reality lazy.
Ugly drawings, including no color art at all, just generic coloring.
>>
Supersons
Teen Titans
Nightwing
>>
>>93392126
>What would you all say is the worst Rebirth title and why?
Justice League

JLA, Blue Beetle, and Supergirl being runner ups.

All have shit art and shit writing, but JL being a super important flagship team with a movie coming out just makes it seem even worse.
Also Supergirl I suppose has its demographic, and JLA has neat ideas that are ruined by Orlando's pacing and scripts.
>>
>>93401096
shade, mother and cave were fucking garbage

and i dare say Doom Patrol was too
>>
>>93393200
action comics and superman have been hit or miss for me.
>>
>>93406413
you take that back about Shade
Bug is good too
>>
Enjoying the shit out of New Super-Man. Dropped Superwoman because the pacing was horrendous and overall just dull. Dropping Wonder Woman at the end of Rucka's run, might buy digital trades or just go full digital if the new creative teams are good. Batman, Supersons, Supergirl have been a mixed bag but overall OK, still worth reading
>>
>>93391014
I'm not really a cape fan anymore but I pull batgirl, batgirl and the birds of prey, and red hood. I'd like to read deathstroke and seaman but I can't justify the cost.
>>
File: fts.png (309KB, 566x307px) Image search: [Google]
fts.png
309KB, 566x307px
>>93406413
>>
>>93406493
Nah, Bug is truly crap.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.