[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: thumbnail_50094.jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_50094.jpg
27KB, 400x300px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
David Kalaiki Alii.

He may not have been dumb but he didn't take anything seriously until the end. Even his mom was in on the charade.
>>
I know Peggy's a piece of shit, but without her, David would've been known as the laughingstock of his football team the moment he did a single interview.
>>
>Adults/teachers actually caring about highschool football.

Literally everyone else was in the wrong. The fact that Hank took so long to come to his senses is pathetic.
>>
>>93386466
Student athletes are some of the dumbest most spoiled people on earth
>>
>>93386466
the school system
>>
>>93387044
>lonerfag makes up things about people he never got to know because he was a shit bag in school and only had 3 friends.
>>
>>93386466
One of the very few occasions Peggy was in the right.
>>
>>93386712
>teachers are expected to give football players free passes
Does this shit actually happen?
>>
>>93387317
>>93387044
It depends what school. My school didn't give a shit about football, and basically all the sports guys were alright. If you're in a district where being the star player can get you out of trouble, of course they're going to be entitled.
>>
>>93387417
Yes, some college football scholars read at a 5th grade level.
>>
>>93387417

It's not just football. Depends on what the popular sport at the school is and if they win a bunch for the school.

They will let sports stars get away with a ton of shit at school.
>>
>>93387417
yeah, knew this gay kid who couldn't fucking read, and all his dad gave a shit about was him playing football.
>>
>>93386466
As much of a shit Peggy is, she was right here
>>
>>93387417
Went to school in Texas. Even in Middle School they mostly cared about sports and the athletes. They are lenient with them.
>>
>>93387417
Yes. Schools tend to make a big deal about their athletic programs and will gladly sacrifice stuff like art, maintenance, and proper lunches just so the football team can have a big fancy stadium.

http://www.businessinsider.com/texas-high-school-football-stadium-2016-5
>>
File: IMG_1448.jpg (67KB, 984x967px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1448.jpg
67KB, 984x967px
>>93386466
Look Mother, that man is made out of chocolate
>>
>>93387417
In some colleges, they have athletes with low GPAs that would prevent them from playing take "paper classes". Classes that are essentially complete bullshit (ex. speaking Swahili) but lets the student get an easy "A" anyway.
>>
>>93387661
That has to be a small town thing. I'm from the same place Mike Judge grew up and sports were never crazy important. Though they might've been 20 years ago when he was actually there.
>>
>>93387661
I worked with a guy who used to be a HS teacher in TX. He claimed he didn't give a fuck, and if football player or not didn't do their work or failed he flunked them. He told stories of how often faculty and parents got so pissed off at him.
>>
>>93387417

Absolutely, especially in 5A districts and Rural towns.

A whole lot of money exchanges hands in Texas Highschool ball, hell even my school had a 3 million dollar stadium.

In terms of how much shit you can get away with just being on the team I can vouch for that, too. I was just the varsity center and coaches would still go talk teachers into just passing me especially when we were in playoffs.

I didn't even like football, my parents made me play it. I was more into JROTC and Theater, but there were still parks to being on the varsity squad.

A vast majority of the players, especially ones that attract scouts pretty much skate through most of high school, some of 'em know they're getting a ride others think they're actually smart in the "i don't even do homework or study and still pass" sort of way.
>>
File: IMG_0163.jpg (101KB, 526x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0163.jpg
101KB, 526x667px
>>93387317
>Implying I had 3 friends
Nigga I'm a evergreen college graduate
>>93387458
>>93387505
students athletes are only rape cultural that actually exist at colleges. Than again most girls don't consider it rape when the guy is hot
>>
>>93387837

Guarantee he was let go quickly and that's why he USED to be a HS teacher in Texas.
>>
>>93387878
His story was, he came home from work, found out his wife was cheating, dropped the divorce papers, went into work and quit on that day, and walked to the nearest Navy recruiter and joined up.
>>
>>93387417
It happens when, and only when the sports teams are big enough to be local celebrities.

>>93387717
This is a little different problem. The school priorities in America are mostly set by local school boards, which are voted in. The school board knows that the voters will support more spending on a big ass stadium, so they get what they can.

However, in many cases, the sports team actually generates revenue and we're talking millions a year in some cases. So to a certain extent, the sports team pays for the rest of the school in some places.

>>93387458
And they hide this shit by giving them ADHD diagnoses, or some similar shit, but fuckers are actually graduating like that. Best part is that this is AFTER the NCAA crackdown. It used to be even worse.
>>
>>93387417
In Texas high school football may be the most competitive sport
>>
>>93387841
>others think they're actually smart in the "i don't even do homework or study and still pass" sort of way.
Oh that has to be the worst. The fuck is your life if somehow you don't make pro or you blow your knee out and you find out you're fucking dumb as toast and can't do shit
>>
>>93387980
So, do you think he went gay? I mean I bet if he has memoirs one chapter is about having sex with a man on a submarine.
>>
>>93388096
Tell me more about this crackdown please.
>>
>>93387417
American education strives to be mediocre
>>
>>93387860
I'd fuck the bitch-faced ginger with the hard nipples.
>>
>>93387044
I wouldn't say dumb. Some are actually academically proficient or at least have good work ethic.
>>
>>93387751
why would a kid in the old west know what chocolate was?
why would a kid in the old west not know what black people are?
>>
>>93386466
Did he give her the BHD /co/?
>>
>>93387417

I went to a HS where the only real care of the administration was Football, and to a lesser extent other sports.

I would almost go so far to say they were actively ANTI-education, being a private Southern Baptist institution which considered "science" something in the realm of a bad word.

This episode gives me the fits something fierce.
>>
>>93387980
Nah, he wasnt medically sound for it. But he was an alcoholic.
>>
Easily Peggy, dumbass was just going to get a scholarship for college ball then join the NFL or fail and wind up working at Walmart or something. High school was meaningless for him.
>>
>>93387841

>mfw every so often I get news that some retarded free-ride jock I used to go to school with fucked up and can't play anymore

Makes my day
>>
>>93389353
meant for
>>93388484

fuck I am tired.
>>
>>93387837

God, to be a fly on the wall in that guy's office...
>>
>>93388503
a bunch of students were attending university, playing for the teams, and then leaving, with no degree.

So the NCAA said, you have to actually pass classes and get degress to count as a student and play.

The result was a bunch of students graduating who were functionally illiterate, we're talking effective IQ's in the 80's.

So the NCAA made a bunch of new rules. So the student atheletes would graduate, maybe a year or two late, after having loads of private tutors thrown at them.

And they expanded this to ban grades from high schools and prep schools that were glorified atheltic diploma mills.

So, the latest trick is to get the dumbest of the jocks classified as autistic or some shit like that, so they can throw all the weight of the 'tard managment division of the school at them and their teachers. Like getting diagnosed with a math disiability and getting a replacment class for fucking algebra of all things.
>>
>>93387417
Where I grew up, we had two high schools. The one where the people good at sports went, and the other one.

The other one wasn't bad or underfunded or anything, not at all. But the sports school would have high school students out of their district get fake addresses so they could play there. And the parents were happy to do it since this was the sports school and their kid was more likely to get seen by college scouts and get a scholarship.

Kids from that school were usually pretty dumb.
>>
>>93386466
>place where I work wanted us to do a "why I like working for (place)" thing
>ignore it
>get told it's mandatory
I seriously had to fight the urge to not just reply with "(place) smells and does not have a vending machine. I thank God every day I get home that I didn't get exploded".
>>
>>93390539
I seriously wonder how anybody can convince themselves, let along others, that such practices can improve anything.
>>
>>93390539

Should have done it, anon
>>
>>93388821
You know chocolate has been around for centuries, right?
>>
>>93387417
yeah

they get massive funding for that shit, it's basically an excuse to entertain taxpayers and waste their money at the same time

one of our schools had a game in the next state over

instead of driving a bus or renting a limo or something you know what they did?

they bought a private jet just to fly >250 miles
>>
>>93387417
Fucking absolutely. It's retarded how far some towns will bend over backwards for these things. Hell, why do you think there was such an uproar a few years back about rape in football college towns?
>>
>>93389378

We had a player out of my city fuck up twice, getting kicked off the broncos and then the colts because he kept getting drunk and fighting downtown.

Guy was as smart as a handful of pebbles, he stuttered anytime he had to read and couldn't form more than one syllable words.
>>
>>93387417
Yes it does, my pre-calc professor was the varsity baseball coach, and 2 of his best players were in that class, but he couldn't give a free pass to just those 2, so he gave everyone in that class a free pass. Coach betters was chill as fuck.
>>
>>93387417

The American South is fucked up like that. Sports is second only to God.
>>
>>93387417

Why do you think there's a very longstanding stereotype about athletes being absolutely worthless at everything but the sport they play?
>>
>>93387417
My high school physical science teacher really wanted to fail several jocks but was unable to because they were football players and our high school team was going to play in a big match.
>>
>>93388776
Having some work skills (or studying alongside the sports training) is important when you are one bad wound away from retirement.

I mean, hank himself should know that, he went to the propane market pretty much because his ankle was busted during a game (which resulted in him being forced to quit).
>>
>>93386466
>Hawaiians are dumb
how on point can and based can one man be
>>
>>93387417
Depends on what kind of athletes. Boys football, basketball, and baseball were really cuddled and pampered by pretty much everyone. All the other athletes were far less, but still enjoyed some benefits.

They were bad at school, loud, and ignorant, but they didn't go out of their way to bully people either. They were rather chill unless you went out of their way to cross them. It's the band geeks who were the most melodramatic and downright vicious.
>>
>>93387417
Everyone caves to the football team if they're worth a god damn.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.