[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pull List Recs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: DC-Rebirth-Artwork.jpg (446KB, 2500x1250px) Image search: [Google]
DC-Rebirth-Artwork.jpg
446KB, 2500x1250px
Recently starting to get into comics again. Any ongoings I should consider getting into? So far I've got these on my list:

>Deadpool
>Justice League
>Titans
>Teen Titans

I'm pretty big on DC. Any Marvel ongoings I should consider? I've heard Secret Empire is pretty good, but the first issue was paced really weirdly for me. Keep in mind I'm a buyfag so my budget is limited to around $30 a month and the ones I listed total $12. Indie comics and comics outside of the Big 2 are also welcome.
>>
twilight & the adventures of team defiance is p good
so good the author lurks
hi mr priest put me in the recap page
>>
>>93374687
Deathstroke
Aquaman
>>
>>93374687

Definitely second Abnett's Aqua Man, I think he's on Titans? I'm not reading it at the moment but I've been meaning to check it out.

Anyway here is mine, critique and rec?
Aqua Man
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Cannibal
The Walking Dead
Harbinger Renegades

I did have Rumble and Five Ghosts on but I think Five Ghosts has finished no idea what is actually happening with Rumble at the moment.
>>
OP here. Is The Flash any good? I've been hearing about it a lot.

>>93374823
Aquaman is noted and strongly considered. Thank you.
>>
>>93374902
I've been enjoying it.
Its solid enough. writer does a pretty good Thawne
>>
Deathstroke
new super-man
>>
>>93374902

Britannia by Valiant is also very good, I think the sequel is starting sometime this year.
>>
>>93374687
kill or be killed
>>
>>93376020
shit nevermind i thought that was still going on
>>
>>93374687
-New Super-Man
-The Kamandi Challenge
-Bug: The Adventures of Forager
>>
-Superman
-Supersons
-New Super-man
-Deathstroke
-Green Lanterns
-Aquaman
>>
I mostly read DC as well (I was picking up 0 Marvel books, but I liked the first issue of Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man so that may change) but I'll try and give a general overview.

>Big name DC character books that are pretty good
Flash
Superman
Aquaman
Deathstroke

>Lesser known characters with good DC/DC imprint books
New Super-Man
Shade the Changing Girl
Doom Patrol
The Wild Storm

>DC books with mixed or average reception that might be worth checking out
Batman
Batwoman
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Action Comics
Green Lanterns
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye

>Non-DC books that are good
Alien: Dead Orbit
Black Magick (about to come off its hiatus)
Wytches (also about to come off its hiatus)
Any of the Dynamite James Bond books, they've all been pretty great
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers if you have nostalgia for the original show
>>
>>93374902
Flash is "mediocre and only to be read when it's 70% off on sale" tier, if you immediately want to read it then pirate it. Pull Deathstroke, New Super-Man, Doom Patrol, Shade, Mister Miracle (out in August). Image title I'm currently reading is East of West, Black Monday Murders, Deadly Class, Seven To Eternity and Injection. East of West and Seven To Eternity should only be read when it's on Image sale or cheap trades, Black Monday Murders is too new to say anything about the quality, Deadly Class is pirate it tier and you can buy trades for Injection even at full price.
>>
>>93374687
>DC
New Super-Man
Deathstroke
Batman
Nightwing
Green Lanterns
Aquaman

>Marvel
X-Men Blue/Gold
All-New Wolverine
Daredevil
Captain America Steve Rogers
>>
>>93376559
Also I forgot but Wildstorm is pretty good, add it to pull list.
>>
>>93374687
>Justice league
>>
>>93374687
Anon, you should check your math. Deadpool is four dollars, and Rebirth books are now either $3 and come out twice a month or $4 for once a month.
>>
>>93374687
>Red Hood
>Batwoman
>Titans
>>
>>93376565
also wild storm and doom patrol for DC
>>
>>93376648
Ok I was too ashamed to admit it earlier but I realized as soon as I submitted the post that I meant to say Deathstroke. I was rushing.

>Rebirth books are now either $3 and come out twice a month or $4 for once a month

Ah. I haven't actually bought any titles yet, other than Rebirth #1 to introduce myself to the universe. I was planning on getting a list of worthwhile ongoings and then spending a lazy long weekend reading the first trades of all the ones I decided to get into once I had gathered the money. $3 twice a month is fine with me.
>>
>>93376891

Why are Rebirth books so expensive in America? Here in the UK they are around £2.60 each.
>>
>>93376891
Justice League, Titans, and Teen Titans are some of the weakest books of Rebirth. I really can't recommend them. Deathstroke, on the other hand, is probably one of the top three alongside New Super-Man and Red Hood and The Outlaws. Although New Super-Man may unfortunately not last much longer with the sales. Aquaman is another good book that's been mentioned a few times and just started a new arc with a great artist. >>93357982 Has the latest issue so you can check it out if you want. From their imprints my favorites are Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye and The Wildstorm.

The Marvel books I really like, which are also all generally well received here, are Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme, Nick Fury, Rocket, The Unbelievable Gwenpool, and U.S.Avengers. Unfortunately all of them seem to have cancellation on the horizon. But maybe in your case that's a good thing since you can just pick up the trades. Luke Cage and Iron Fist are also promising, although I haven't read this week's LC yet.

On indies I don't really trust myself to give an unbiased opinion. They make up about a third of my pull, but I never see anyone else talk about the ones I read. The Batman/Shadow crossover is pretty cool. This is really hard with a $30 limit, just this week I got $64 worth of books.
>>93376978
That's $3.29. Have you guys not had monthlies go up in price?
>>
>>93377094
And I totally forgot to say that you should pick up the trades of The Flintstones. How long has it been since you stopped following comics?
>>
>>93374687
Superman
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Deathstroke
New Super-Man
Green Lanterns
Aquaman

Are must read DC books.
>>
I haven't kept up with Batman since Morrison ended his run on Batman and Robin, did I miss anything good? King's Batman looks fun
>>
I would highly recommend Superman as it is my favorite book coming out right now. Green Lanterns and Super Sons are also great books that both have good lead characters and good writing.
>>
>>93377426
Did you read the rest of Batman Inc? It was quite good. You can safely skip Snyder's Batman and go straight to King's Batman.
>>
>>93374687

Deadpool has been ongoing since either late 2015 or early 2016. They've already released 3 trades. I tried reading them, and I got a little confused with the first trade. Spider-Man - Deadpool (which has also been going on and you kinda need to know what's going on with Peter to really enjoy it) might be easier as it's only on like 18 issues, versus the 30 for DP.

JL got really negative reviews for the first two arcs (12 issues). I though the last issue (not this weeks) was fine but I even stopped reading the story times, although I will get the trades when they are marked down, as they usually get at my LCS.

Teen Titans is probably not what you'd expect.

I would second this >>93376207, >>93376236, >>93376559, >>93376565, >>93377173 and encourage you to get New Super-Man.

The Superman books by Tomasi and Gleason are very good. And pretty easy to pick up.
>>
>>93377467
>skip snyders batman
why does this board hate snyder's batman? no one's given me a straight answer yet. i wasnt around when he was doing his run. not trying to shit talk but i thought it was great and it seems like the typical 4chan "this thing is really good so now we have to hate it".
would love to hear some actual criticism though.
>>93377426
IMO snyders run is worth reading.
just read batman 23 the brave and the mold(thats the best issue). the rest is meh.
>>
Currently Pulling
>Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
>Batman
>Venom
>Detective Comics
>AN Wolverine
>The Flash
>Spider-Man and Deadpool
>AN GotG
>>
>>93375761
the sequel is nearly done anon only one more issue
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.