[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it in character for Riddler to torture someone like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: RCO039_1486524321.jpg (315KB, 1024x1592px) Image search: [Google]
RCO039_1486524321.jpg
315KB, 1024x1592px
Is it in character for Riddler to torture someone like this?
>>
That looks like Cock from The Boys
>>
I'm glad memorable Batman villains Vox and Samantha didn't miss their chance to claim a part of this guy! Goodness knows you wouldn't want someone like Two-Face or Mister Freeze to be a part of this, right?
>>
>>93373855
It would def be ooc for freeze
>>
>>93373775
Your post made me think of this
>>
>>93373855
Two-Face wouldn't be down for this, he's divided into like seven pieces.
>>
>>93373935
>King Tut
>Egghead
>Bookworm
>Marsha, Queen of Diamonds
>Where did they all go?
They were never a part of this continuity, you silly idiot.
>>
>>93373775
Depends. Who's writing?
>>
>>93373952
Everything is canon.
>>
>>93373775
So Riddler claimed his cock? That's kind of gay.
>>
>>93373988
Shut it, Morrison.
>>
>>93373935
This page, more specifically that "For God's sake, the Joker's KILLING people!" panel, is by far the worst thing to ever happen to The Riddler.

With all due respect to Gaiman, it's hand-wringing, regressive pandering to nostalgia, and worse it's the kind of nostalgia that ignores reality, because The Riddler was more than willing to use deadly force in both the comics and the 60s' TV show.

But, because of that ONE FUCKING PANEL, insufferable faggots have made it a meme that their poor Eddie-boo would never even hurt a fly.

We really need a word for whatever the opposite of edgelord is, because they've become as obnoxious. Must be the cyclical nature of trends.
>>
>>93373935
What annoys me about this is that
A)Joker was killing people in the golden age of comics and in fact murder and violence wasn't shine away from back then.
B)the riddler was the most psychotic villain in the adam west Batman show.
>>
>>93374016
>We really need a word for whatever the opposite of edgelord is
I'm fairly certain there's several dozen varieties of such words, many already in constant rotation in the common parlance.
However, we could always use more synonyms for "edgelords" since the edge never ends...
>>
>>93374016
This.
I'm not even opposed to the idea that Riddler misses the good old days and wants things to be more fun again, but the idea that he's opposed to killing is nonsense. And he was the creepiest villain in the show.

>the worst thing to ever happen to The Riddler
I can think of a few worse things.
>>
>>93374078
That at least was entertaining at times and isn't something autistic fans like to show off as right while screaming "not muhh" about something that never existed.
>>
>>93374057
It could be argued, because Riddler was associated more with the Silver Age, that by the time he met the Joker he was in full-on CCA-friendly prankster clown mode, but yeah, it always struck me as odd that Gaiman would do a full-on homage to the Silver Age and West show, and choose Riddler for his association with the latter... but totally forget about his characterization beyond "He giggles a lot and asks riddles."
>>
>>93374016
>>93374057
I think the sentiment may be more "The Joker is SUCCESSFULLY killing people." Back then it was all elaborate deathtraps and ridiculous schemes like pic related, that COULD be lethal, in theory, if the Caped Crusader and the Boy Wonder didn't turn up (but they always did).

Now Joker just shoots a guy and laughs and by the time Batman turns up the body's been cold for hours.
>>
>>93374078
Well I had successfully pushed Jim Carrey's crotch grab, and that redesign with the question mark tattoo out of my mind until now, thanks for reminding me anon. I still think When Is A Door Not A Door? is/was more damaging, because that stuff didn't really influence any other depictions, for years the only Riddler stories we got were "inspired by" Gaiman's.
>>
>>93374136
It was a huge waste of an opportunity to use the character on the big screen as well as Jim Carrey's acting ability (because he really could have been a fantastic Riddler if only he was told to not act like a homo Joker knock-off)
But okay, fair enough. I understand your frustration. It does piss me off when people keep posting panels like these, or the one where Penguin ruins a chef's life, to complain about characters not acting in the way they want to.
>>
>>93373775
>They call me the JIGSAW MAN
>>
>>93374071
>I'm fairly certain there's several dozen varieties of such words, many already in constant rotation in the common parlance.
like what? i'm being serious, i can't think of any.
>>
>>93374071
>>93375055
>>93374016
>We really need a word for whatever the opposite of edgelord is
How about cornball? I love the classics.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.