[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix Detective Comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Remember when Detective Comics was just about Batman; or Batman and Robin; solving crimes and not shity BatFam containment?

Clayface can fuck right off.

Kate has her own book so she can fuck off.

Tim needs to die or not come back.

Fuck Lucas. We have Duke. Kill off Lucas.

Cass, Steph, Harper. Pick one and kill the others.

Dick and Jason have their own books and Azrael doesn't show up often enough to be a problem.

Ideal BatFam:

Bruce
Damian
Dick
Jason
Duke
Cass
-but we're not getting rid of Babs or Kate

Trim the Bat Tree
>>
>>93371775
How about no, I would appreciate more detective stories, but this book has been the best use of the bat family in years, sure it might be a tad bloated, but at least they're being used
>>
>>93371775
>Clayface can fuck right off.
And you lost me almost immediately.
>>
>>93372542
Then they should NEVER add another bat character because we're over quota as it is. Why are we keeping Snyder's pets anyway? I'm all for keeping Duke over Lucas but would gladly forfeit him over Lucas if it means getting rid of that Dykey girl Harper.
>>
>>93371775
Just firing Johns would solve all of DC's problems. Then fire Snyder's cronies like Bennet and Tynion.
>>
>>93373906
>how to ruin and kill DC in one post
>>
>>93371775
>>93372542
>tad bloated
from OP's post i counted 12 fucking members? im not reading detective comics but that seems like way too many people.

on a side not i thought snyder was the only one using duke?
>>
>>93371775
>Remember when Detective Comics was just about Batman
Nowadays people hate it when even "Batman" is just about Batman...
>>
>>93373906
Johns is killing DC.
>>
File: tumblr_ohdnay5O8H1tgo8o0o1_1280.jpg (890KB, 1265x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohdnay5O8H1tgo8o0o1_1280.jpg
890KB, 1265x1920px
>>93374137
Snyder is the only one using Duke right now, but you're still looking at six to nine members at a time between Bats, RedRobin, Spoiler, BlackBat, Azrael, Bluebird, Batwing, Batwoman and Clayface
>>
File: Detective_Comics_Vol_1_934.jpg (340KB, 940x1445px) Image search: [Google]
Detective_Comics_Vol_1_934.jpg
340KB, 940x1445px
>>93374137
>>93374301
>>
>>93374178
>>93373906
>>93371775
is this the shit opinions general?
>>
>>93374338
How is pointing out the absurd amount of Batwank in Detective Comics a shit opinion?
>>
Here is the thing though: they stuck all of the Batfamily in Detective Comics for a couple of reasons.

It's the same reason why they are having pretty much ALL of the major "Rebirth" plot points take place in Action Comics, while Superman is forgettable SuperDad shit.

Sales.....

Action Comics and Detective Comics have historically sold for shit. They almost killed Detective Comics in the 70s due to bad sales, which led to the sacrifice of the Batman Family book so it's features could be put into Detective Comics to boost sales.

It's the same reason Detective Comics and Batman became one non-stop serial in the 80s and why they did the same with Action and the rest of the Superman books in the 90s.

DC wants to keep Detective Comics alive by making it the home of the Batman family characters with no books and the place where you see the Batman family interact all the time.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.