[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ that got "real shit happening now"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 17

File: i cri ever tim.gif (533KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
i cri ever tim.gif
533KB, 500x280px
ITT /co/ that's Puella Magi tier in terms of it seems innocent at first but get's dark and down-to-earth all of a sudden or over time. I think Avatar comes close with the whole Aang finding out his entire people where genocided to extinction. Also I would say When the Wind Blows hits the mark.
>>
File: Enemies thousands of them.jpg (17KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
Enemies thousands of them.jpg
17KB, 240x180px
Normally I would post Plague Dogs as well as Watership Down, but Plague Dogs opens really damn dark. It doesn't lure you in with thinking it's tamer than it is, it has the word Plague right in the title and starts with a drowning dog.

But Watership Down opens like this
>>
File: watership down dog bloodbath.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
watership down dog bloodbath.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>93369887
And at the end it's this
>>
File: the long long holiday.jpg (118KB, 792x434px) Image search: [Google]
the long long holiday.jpg
118KB, 792x434px
I wouldn't exactly have a problem with showing this to a first grader or something, but at the same time they really don't shy away from the realities of war. I'd say it's up there with Avatar in surprising real-ness wrapped in a cute kid friendly cartoon package.
>>
File: its such a beautiful day.jpg (21KB, 284x405px) Image search: [Google]
its such a beautiful day.jpg
21KB, 284x405px
If you show this to somebody who has no idea what Don Hetzfeldt's stuff is like, it's a real trip.
>>
File: 03-bojack-horseman-3898289.jpg (467KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
03-bojack-horseman-3898289.jpg
467KB, 2560x1440px
I didn't expect this show to go the places it did. I thought it'd be another family guy-like sitcom, and in some ways it is, but in others it's really gone beyond that.
>>
>>93369909
SHIT, MAN
>>
File: Woundwort2eyescrape.jpg (52KB, 697x391px) Image search: [Google]
Woundwort2eyescrape.jpg
52KB, 697x391px
>>93371853
That's honestly not even as bad as the scene in the middle where a rabbit describes what it was like having the entrances to the warren filled in by exterminators and then all the rabbits in it gassed to death.

>THE TUNNELS WERE BLOCKED WITH DEAD BODIES

I highly recommend the movie. It was my favorite to rent from blockbuster when I was about five years old.
>>
>>93370121
You know, as dramatic as some of the later scenes get, the line that hit me hardest came pretty early. I think it was something like, "In that moment, Bill thought she looked really old," during the scene with his mom and the scissors. I think about my parents' mortality a lot and that hit pretty close to home.

I also liked the "and every time he realizes he's driving a car he figures he should just keep driving the car," scene. I know that feel.
>>
File: Felidae_moviecover.jpg (81KB, 189x310px) Image search: [Google]
Felidae_moviecover.jpg
81KB, 189x310px
>>
File: RingingbellCover.jpg (31KB, 220x401px) Image search: [Google]
RingingbellCover.jpg
31KB, 220x401px
Technically /a/, but for somebody that doesn't know ahead of time, it passes for children's cartoon right up until it takes a big turn.
>>
File: padak-post-4.jpg (526KB, 620x828px) Image search: [Google]
padak-post-4.jpg
526KB, 620x828px
This film seems to be basically "what if Finding Nemo was set in a Korean sushi restaurant."
>>
>>93373312

how did i not know about this?
>>
>>93373326
It's not terribly easy to find. I admit I haven't actually even seen it beyond the trailer and a few clips.
>>
>>93369561
The Illusionist
>>
File: leafy a hen into the wild.jpg (60KB, 440x626px) Image search: [Google]
leafy a hen into the wild.jpg
60KB, 440x626px
>>93373312
Speaking of Korea
>>
>>93369561
Moral Orel
>>
File: christmas.jpg (49KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
christmas.jpg
49KB, 300x188px
>>
File: The Incredibles.jpg (60KB, 1135x612px) Image search: [Google]
The Incredibles.jpg
60KB, 1135x612px
>>93369561
The Incredibles has to be the best example.

>yeah, so literally each and every one of your old friends were murdered, one by one, all lured into the same trap you're currently being lured into
>also we have your wife under surveillance
>oh, and we're going to torture the shit out of you while forcing you to listen to a recording of your wife and children being murdered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_OKGELcn0

The word "Terminated" over and over and over again....one of the darkest twists I've ever seen an animated kid/family movie take.
>>
That movie about the rabbits.
>>
>>93374110
Watership Down?
>>
>>93374155
No, the other one where the rabbits tear each other apart.
>>
>>93373817
but does Terminated necessarily mean killed?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaAXPsFj3eA
>>
>>93374195
Happy Tree Friends?
>>
File: Help_I'm_a_Fish_DVD_Cover.jpg (42KB, 300x370px) Image search: [Google]
Help_I'm_a_Fish_DVD_Cover.jpg
42KB, 300x370px
This film was done in such a way that I really could buy the main character dying at the end by the time it got there. With most movies like this, there's very little tension because the audience is certain everything will turn out okay in the end, but this managed to suspend my disbelief just enough and just long enough.
>>
>>
File: Spooky Scary.jpg (99KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky Scary.jpg
99KB, 1024x768px
>>93374288
Yes
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.