[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like the Epic Mickey games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: epicm.jpg (250KB, 1350x670px) Image search: [Google]
epicm.jpg
250KB, 1350x670px
Do you like the Epic Mickey games?
>>
>>93359657
The game itself? It was meh with an awful camera. The only redeeming part was the wonderful art design (that unfortunately wasn't as good as it could be because of the Wii's limited graphics, and even when they did do the 2nd game for Xbox and PS3 it wasn't that much improved). Still remember when I saw the initial concept art and it looked amazing.
>>
When you promise "a world of forgotten Disney characters", you better deliver a fucking world of forgotten Disney characters.

Spector completely underestimated how rabid Disney fans were. They were expecting shit like David Xanatos or Julius the Cat and he gave them generic pirates and horses.

Combine that with the fact that the second game had no real charismatic villain to latch onto like the Mad Doc in the first one and it's no wonder it failed.
>>
File: 1471025372328.jpg (73KB, 713x367px) Image search: [Google]
1471025372328.jpg
73KB, 713x367px
The game itself was kind of disappointing.

The concept art leak got everyone hyped far too much. They wanted post-apocalyptic horror Disney.
>>
YES

I find the series underrated

A damn shame we'll never get a third one
>>
>Concept art looks beautiful and terrifying
>Game is released with absolute shit art
>>
>>93359657
Playing the first Epic Mickey game was one of the most unpleasant video game experiences I ever had. People were hyping it up for me, they recognized it had problems but maintained that it's qualities overshadowed it's flaws. They told me that it was a "true RPG". They told me that it was everything Kingdom Hearts was supposed to be but could never achieve.

It was just a wretch to play. The platforming was awful and really that's all I remember about it. I don't remember any interesting RPG systems. I don't remember fascinating combat. Just the platforming and the platforming was terrible.

I can't remember how /co/ reacted to this game but I remember the hype up.
>>
>>93360355
There was no way in hell Disney was going to let someone create what would've essentially been proto-Five Nights at Freddies with their IP.

Hell, the game had a morality system that got removed because focus testers didn't like the idea of Mickey being "mean"
>>
>>93361261
More like they didn't want to see Mickey go full Runaway Brain and they replaced physical transformation with those Guardian Sprites.
>>
>>93361261

Do people not know that Mickey was a mischievous asshole in his early days?
>>
>>93360067
Spector was hesitant to use 90s/00s Disney stuff because he didn't want to shit on the work of animators he was consulting with by going "Lol, nobody remembers Treasure Planet and Atlantis".

Should have dug deeper into projects that never got finished. Like Don Quixote, My Peoples, Wild Life, those versions of the Snow Queen that were actual Snow Queen adaptations. And more extinct attractions stuff. You could build a whole game out of Epcot alone, both Walt's city idea and all that stuff that got wiped out in the 90s.
>>
>>93361377
Nope, and honestly I didn't for the longest time either. The average person pretty much only knows Mickey as the clean modern version
>>
>>93360233
this could have been as big as fnaf if they hadnt fucked it up
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.