[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I feel guilt? I went into my LCS today and for years I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: nostrand.png (52KB, 366x296px) Image search: [Google]
nostrand.png
52KB, 366x296px
Should I feel guilt? I went into my LCS today and for years I at least had a Marvel pull of 15 books, today I told them I only wanted 4.

I know Marvel is shit now but I felt bad for the LCS, they looked confused.
>>
you should do that before they arrive at the shop
>>
Balance it by ordering more DC books.
>>
>>93354793
15? What the hell did you have on there?

t. Daredevil/Deadpool/Thanos
>>
>>93354793
You should feel bad.
>>
>>93354793
What do you have left?

All I have left is Gwenpool, U.S.Avengers and Kingpin.
>>
>>93354793
you should feel bad for having marvel on your pull in the first place
>>
>>93354793
You should buy everything they've held for you, and only cancel issues that aren't yet released. What are they going to do with all the extra copies of America or whatever that people have pre-ordered and then left them holding?
>>
>>93354972
>>93354859
I did buy the remaining. The cancelled plan starts next month, I just feel bad for taking money away from the LCS. But I can't pay for Marvel anymore.
>>93354950
X-Men books, no matter how bad they are I can never leave my mutants.
>>
That's okay op, I'm pulling 4 Marvel titles and 3 DC, not much, but enough to let my lcs know I'm still supporting them.
>>
>>93354793
Buy some indie comics you fuck
>>
>>93355038
Not him, but a few years ago I was buying piles of Image #1s and hardly any of those series were worth it - too many TV pitches in disguise.
>>
>>93355062
>Image
>Indie
what?
>>
>>93355106
"Indie" usually gets used to refer to anything non-DC/Marvel.

But if you want to exclude them and others like Dark Horse, then I agree, OP should buy some Fantagraphics.
>>
>>93354793
Marvel is shit
>>
>>93354793
I feel bad for most LCS with the way the big two have been doing things. If it was not for miniatures, magic and other card games I am sure my local would be out of business.
>>
>>93354990
Wow I guess Xfags really are battered house wives
>>
File: marvel dc retailer forums.jpg (359KB, 632x2309px) Image search: [Google]
marvel dc retailer forums.jpg
359KB, 632x2309px
>>93354990
>X-Men books, no matter how bad they are I can never leave my mutants.

That's just fucking stupid! I could understand not leaving seven years ago but holy shit, it's gotten much worse over the years.

And speaking of retailers.
>>
File: IMG_0553.jpg (309KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0553.jpg
309KB, 600x800px
>>93354990
>I just feel bad for taking money away from the LCS. But I can't pay for Marvel anymore.
Don't blame yourself, bro. Blame Marvel for putting out shit books.

>X-Men books, no matter how bad they are I can never leave my mutants.
Ok NOW blame yourself. It's either all or nothing. You can't say "I don't want to support Marvel anymore" while still supporting Marvel. You're part of the problem.
>>
>>93355355
shit, they cancelled those Sandman Mystery Theater TPBs?
>>
>>93355228
>with the way the big two have been doing things.
>the big two
What probably pisses me off the most when I see complaints like this is how DC gets grouped in with Marvel's shit. DC isn't the one at fault here. This is all on Marvel. Just like in the 90s when they almost went bankrupt.
>>
>>93355386
Yeah, but the fact that according to that tweet they're even allowed to discuss it (and DC editorial showed up to talk about it) gives me hope they're still considering putting it out.
>>
>they looked confused.
That's a sales tactic, dingus. Man up and tend to your business and let them tend to theirs. The fact that they're trying to guilt trip you into spending money on things you don't want should be more than enough to disillusion you of any community you perceived between you and them.
>>
>>93354793
>Should I feel guilt
Nigga, that's your money.
If you went broke keeping them in business I guarantee they won't even think about you, let alone feel confused about what happened.
>>
>>93354793
>Should I feel guilt?
Never. It's a worthless emotion.
>>
>>93355409
I think what it speaks to more is DC editorial being willing to go to bat for their decisions, which is probably due to confidence that they are correct. Not necessarily from the point of view of the consumer or even retailer, but at least they feel comfortable having a long discussion about it with people outside the company itself who are still in the business. This means they're okay with the dissenting opinion being represented in this business space, either from that aforementioned confidence or they genuinely want to hear the feedback. Or both.

Marvel locking down on this means nothing good.
>>
>>93354990
>I did buy the remaining.
That's good.
>The cancelled plan starts next month, I just feel bad for taking money away from the LCS.
It's a chain of action and reaction. Your feedback through money reaches Marlel in turn. Understand that.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.