[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank Marvel's current stable of writers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: bendis exploitable.jpg (744KB, 1824x1928px) Image search: [Google]
bendis exploitable.jpg
744KB, 1824x1928px
Good tier:
Ewing
Duggan

Mixed:
Spencer
Pak
pretty much everyone who isn't in the Cancer tier

Cancer tier:
Bendis
Slott

People or will probably leave and go back to their main source of income which isn't comic books tier:
Gabby Rivera
Coates
pretty much all those YA fiction writers
>>
>>93346124
Wilson is still in good tier

I'd say Lemire but Moon Knight is ended and Thanos isn't as good as Moon Knight. And Lemire is quitting big two.
>>
>>93346164
add loveness in the good tier and waid in the cancer tier
>Coates
i feel bad for him
>>
File: 1498001800233.png (4MB, 2063x2181px) Image search: [Google]
1498001800233.png
4MB, 2063x2181px
>>93346124
After 3000 hours on a shitty mobile app.
>>
What about Kelly Conway and Thompson? They're in my Pull List tier.
>>
>>93346253
Loveness has only ever written one thing for Marvel so far so I would say it's too early to tell where to rank him. Hell, his next book could be absolute dog shit and make him hated 'round these parts
>>
>>93346353
what is the opinion on duggan?
>>
>>93346353
>Loveness has only ever written one thing for Marvel
He co-wrote Nova and wrote the Groot mini.
>>
>>93346426
Duggan is great. He started on Deadpool and has just done more and more. His run on Hulk was great and Doc Green was a blast. Also without him, we wouldn't have glorious Pymtron.
>>
>>93346124
I just want to know who body-snatched Soule when he went to Marvel. His Swamp Thing run was great, and he's followed it up with crap.
>>
I'd put Bunn in mixed. He at least wants to do fun ideas and throws in surprise cameos.
>>
>>93347010
problem is marvel edditors dont give a shit
>>
>>93346124
I honestly don't think that slott is a shit writer. I think that his plotlines have been garbage, but the actual writing isn't that bad. Bendis is cancer all around, though.
>>
>>93347045
Bunn was decent when he was sitting Philly Venom. But everything afterwards, especially the pointless and constant Deadpool miniseries, has been downhill. The worst was his Fearless Defenders run which had a Mary Sue hero and a Mary Sue villain.
>>
>>93347238
His Magneto solo was also mostly surprisingly good as well.
>>
I feel like the only Jason Aaron fan on /co/. I get that people don't like Whor, but his Ghostrider, X-Men, ad regular Thor runs were fucking great.
>>
>>93347578
>Magneto
what part you didnt like? last days of?>>93347624
>no god is whorty
that is gona be a heavy cross for him to bare
>>
>>93346124

ewing
whoever writes deadpool
whoever wrote Uncanny Avengers
Bunn
Pak

are the ones I like
>>
What the fuck happened to Lemire after he wrote Animal Man? He's done nothing but trash since.
>>
>>93347624
Strange was great
>>
>>93347744
I'm still waiting for moon knight to go somewhere
>>
I'm very casual and never go on Co, I don't like Bendis for ending the spidey-mj marriage but ultimate spiderman was really good
>>
>Spencer
>Mixed

At this point, the only really good thing he's done for Marvel has been Superior Foes. His good to shit ratio goes far beyond mixed.
>>
>>93347847
> ending the spidey-mj
straczynski wrothe that but it was quesada who give the order

>>93347869
and he stole that from landis
>>
>>93346426
It feels like he is the only marvel writer who still cares about the characters he writes and he also likes to bring up characters that no ones seen in a decade which is always nice. I'm not sure how his current deadpool run is compared to his first run since I stopped reading marvel when rebirth started just because I didn't have much money to spare.
>>
>>93346314
Awww, I like the idea of this with the original face
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 296x170px
>>93346124
>giving any marvel creative the benefit of the doubt

You all are part of the fucking problem. If you keep giving critical leeway to these hacks, they're going to abuse it and maintain this horrible machine production of propaganda and nonsense.

You have to be as closed-minded as possible here. They're all shit until they can prove they're not actively contributing to this culture of cuckery currently infecting the company.

>but-but-but Ewing...!
>but but Duggan...!

Who gives a shit. If they had any sense of awareness they would have bailed long ago. Fuck them for enabling cancer.
>>
>>93347869
I enjoyed his Ant Man. Not amazing, particularly after Secret Wars, but still very enjoyable
>>
File: 1487388935878.gif (723KB, 600x715px) Image search: [Google]
1487388935878.gif
723KB, 600x715px
>>93348118
>You have to be as closed-minded as possible here.
>>
Pak
Lemire
Abbnett
>>
>>93348265
>Abbnett
He's been DC exclusive for a year now
>>
>>93348283
Awww. I really enjoyed his Hercules run until it got ruined by a Marvel event, which is usually what happens to anything worth reading by Marvel.
>>
>>93347808
It finished at 14. It's done
>>
>>93347744
That's implying his animal man wasn't thrash.
>>
>>93346459
I loved that mini. I even sprung for the hardcover trade. While I've hated a lot of Marvel the last few years and especially the money grab that guardians has become, it felt like real cosmic stuff
>>
>>93347744
>He's done nothing but trash since.
The comics he has done in Image are good for the most part.
>>
>>93350396
As is the case with most big two writers.
>>
>>93347238
he can do Anti-heroes well
>>
>>93347238
Magneto and Sinestro were good, and his Monsters Unleashed was fun. Fearless Defenders even had fun moments like No-Name the Brood showing up.
>>
>>93347744
he did Green Arrow which was good

then he started doing team books even though he is absolute dogshit at them
>>
>>93347624
I'm with ya buddy, I still enjoy Thor despite Marvel editorial interference, but his Image and Vertigo stuff is some of my favorite reads.
>>
>>93346124
Duggan should go down to mixed after the failure that his Guardians of the Galaxy is being.
>>
>>93352848
Not seeing why people aren't liking his GotG. Just because of the vague MCU similarities? I mean it's a hell of a lot better then Bendis for one thing
>>
>>93353046
>it's a hell of a lot better then Bendis for one thing
barely, and just because there's no Bendis speak and the story actually advances, otherwise it's the same silly comedy MCU filled cliched boring crap
>>
>>93346124
Hastings, Robbie Thompson and Jeff Loveness are the three most fun writers employed by Marvel
>>
>>93353087
DnAfags are the worst
>>
>>93348011
His current Deadpool is good. I missed the end of the Shiklah arc but it's good. Not as good as when he was with Posehn but I look forward to it every month
>>
>>93355019
the dna run is literaly the only thing you can compare the current run besides the bendis cancer
>>
>>93347045
Bunn is the definition of mixed tier
the dude writes like 13 books at once and barely half of them are worth it
>>
>>93353087
Shut the fuck up, that Gamora issue was the closest thing to real cosmic in fucking years.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.