[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sly Cooper TV Series in the works.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: Sly Cooper Show.jpg (69KB, 620x496px) Image search: [Google]
Sly Cooper Show.jpg
69KB, 620x496px
Not sure if anyone talked about it here but here's a thread about it.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/technicolor-sony-team-on-cg-sly-cooper-series/

>Sly Cooper follows the adventures of an irresistibly charismatic raccoon, a modern-day Robin Hood, who restores justice to his city one theft at a time. Sly is aided by his two best friends, a muscular hippo named Murray and a brainy turtle named Bentley. Hot on Sly’s trail is Inspector Carmelita Fox, a morally upright cop with an unfortunate crush on the charming bandit, as well as a band of villains, each one more strange and colorful than the last.

So either the movie is dead and we're getting this instead, or the movie is still happening but we're also getting this as well.

Either way I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
>>
It's still cg, though. The games had an excellent style going for them, and they threw it out.
>>
>>93343532
>So either the movie is dead and we're getting this instead, or the movie is still happening but we're also getting this as well.

Or Option C, they're taking the movie and chopping it into a 3-part miniseries that will lead into the TV series and acting like it was intended to be that way all along.
>>
File: 1493735031236s.jpg (2KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
1493735031236s.jpg
2KB, 104x125px
>>93343532
>CG animated
>same studio from Alvin and the chipmunks

for a moment I was with ilusion, but now... JUST
>>
File: here we go.png (135KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
here we go.png
135KB, 800x850px
>>93343532
>3D
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
JUST USE THE 2D STYLE FROM THE CUTSCENES IN THE GAMES
>>
File: 1472976616479.jpg (112KB, 1060x404px) Image search: [Google]
1472976616479.jpg
112KB, 1060x404px
>Rainmaker Entertainment
>Same studio for Rachet and Clank and Escape from Planet Earth
Cut my life into pieces
>>
>>93344436
It's cheaper to use the pre-made movie's 3D assets than it is to create a fully animated 2D series from scratch. It was this or nothing
>>
>>93343532
>3D
>That fucking design
The (first three) games are literally supposed to look like traditionally animated cartoons, what the actual fuck?
>>
>>93343532
>restores justice to his city

Dropped. Nowhere does sly have any motivation to help a city for a la Robin Hood Style. Literally all three games were about him, his family and the thievius raccoonus. It's literally saying in the wikia for the book that sly steals from other (master) criminals purely for fun and not for 'justice'. Also negates the entirety of the third game; if sly learned everything from the book his fatther and ancestors wrote, then why did those people hoard all their gained loot in a vault?
If that is what they're going to go with then they will have butchered his personality as well as his design like >>93346336 said.
>>
>>93348142

A group of executives and market researchers had a meeting and thought that it would be better if Sly had more of a moral duty to him so parents wouldn't complain.

Also, they decided that 2D animation is old and uncool and so they went with this.
>>
>>
>>93348249
I shouldn't be surprised, business as usual.

This is gonna flop; where just aren't enough people that are familiar with the sly cooper franchise even in gaming circles for this to get any traction.
If they go on to do this sly cooper will become one of the many children's shows that no one gives a shit about.
>>
>>93348338

I bet 90% of the reason for making this was "Kids like that Rocky Raccoon character from that space adventure movie my grandkids dragged me to"
>>
>>93343694
>>93343941
>>93344436
>>93345378
>>93346336
>>93348142
>>93348249
But what if it's good?
>>
>>93348412
Don't care, NOT MUH

Also, as if the abortion of a fourth game didn't rape the character designs enough, if any more games come out they'll probably look like these abominations.
>>
>>93348412
Then it will be good for it's own merit and not because it used the sly cooper and his universe.

It's basically abusing the safety of an already established name.
>>
>>93348469
I bet they're gonna milk this one like they did the Prince of Persia franchise.
They made a game, which got a movie, after which that was used to make another movie or something like that.
Goddamn, I'm mad.
>>
>>93348566
Then why did Thieves in Time end on a cliffhanger?
>>
>>93348712
Sucker Punch didn't make Thieves in Time you fucking dunce, that was Sanzaru
>>
I wonder if Murray is still going to be gay.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.