[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If KotH came out today in the age of LGBT representation, you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_o4zplpo8201szaybjo1_400.jpg (39KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4zplpo8201szaybjo1_400.jpg
39KB, 400x300px
If KotH came out today in the age of LGBT representation, you think they'd make Bobby gay?
>>
But Bobby is gay?
He plays soccer and listens to wierd music.
>>
>>93340209
Isn't that just a European?
>>
No.
Maybe he'd make a few gay friends, they'd tell him his campy behavior makes him gay, he'd get confused and wonder if he was gay for a while, but I think Judge would have made him just as straight as he initially decided.

The characters are fairly timeless, their little details would change but their basic makeup would be the same. Bobby's an open-minded and weird funny little fat boy who likes Connie.
>>
No. But they'd have an episode where Bill goes to a P-flag meeting, and becomes convinced that he's trans.
>>
>>93340188
No. They'd probably make an episode where Bobby is friends with a trans kid and Hank gets weirded out by it though.
>>
>>93340433
Nah, they already did that episode with Peggy.
>>
File: b35.png (724KB, 680x912px) Image search: [Google]
b35.png
724KB, 680x912px
>>93340188
>>
>>93340481
I honestly totally forgot about that one.
>>
>>93340224
Whats the difference
>>
Why is everything so fucking gay recently? I feel like lgbtqnrsaypwx is over represented. Like every show and comic has lgbt rep. I feel like maybe 1% of the population is gay, not 10% like modern media makes it out to be.
>>
>>93340433
>>93340481
That guy wasn't trans, he was just a crossdresser, we see him outside the club and he's just in men's clothes and tones his flamboyance way down.
>>
>>93340518
Because homosexuality is safe enough now to portray it without a massive backlash but still taboo enough for it to be considered daring and progressive.
>>
>>93340518
The Loud House just would like to have an audience that isn't entirely made out of gross pedophiles
>>
Someone post the grid of all the pussy Bobby slayed over the series. I know one of you has it.
>>
>>93340518
to make up for years and years of nothing but straight characters
>>
>>93340600
It always feels so ham fisted and artificial though.
>>93340602
Never watched loud house, heard good things about it.
>>
>>93340188
it would probably have one episode where bobby questions his sexuality and hank tells him some bullshit aceptance message of the episode that nobody needs nor wants to hear
>>
>>93340690
>ham fisted and artificial though.
That's because it is. It's only done as a quick and easy way to get free word of mouth to let more people know about their show.
>>
File: Loud House of Cards.jpg (2MB, 1624x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Loud House of Cards.jpg
2MB, 1624x2500px
>>93340690
It alright. Just cartoon family shenanigans in a slice of life format. No big plotlines or huge character development really.
>>
File: bobby_ain_t_right.png (896KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
bobby_ain_t_right.png
896KB, 900x1366px
>>
>>93340314
Close, but wrong. It would be a group of women telling him that he's gay and the revelation that he's just campy would come when they try to hook him up with a gay guy who immediately sees that Bobby is straight. And not his type.
>>
>>93340188
They had gay characters in KotH. How fucking deluded are you, /pol/?
>>
>>93340505
>spongebobastexaslaughingwithpatrick.jpg
>>
>>93340799
gay one off characters are so 10's, they need to belong in the recurring cast now
>>
I'd bank on Joseph turning out gay.
>>
>>93340838
didnt one of them turn out to have a wife and kid and just acted gay?
>>
File: 1457629984291.jpg (27KB, 345x321px) Image search: [Google]
1457629984291.jpg
27KB, 345x321px
>>93340838
They did recur. And it is the 10's.
>>93340879
Peggy's hairdresser.
>>
>>93340869
>Dale thinks John Redcorn is gay
>Joseph turns out to be gay
oh no
>>
File: Underwear_on_a_goat.png (314KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
Underwear_on_a_goat.png
314KB, 500x368px
>>93340188
No, they already have a gay character. They'd just have more episodes centered around him with Hank in the background struggling to find an explanation for a very confused Bobby
>>
>>93340958
I knew it wasn't smallpox that killed the indians, it was an ancient bacterial gay weapon that prevented them from reproducing! John Redcorn must have passed it to Nancy during one of the massages for her headaches, and she gave it to our son!
>>
>>93341016
>Hey dad, why is Dale's dad trying to put panties on that goat? Is that a gay thing?
>No! Uh maybe? No. I think! Yes, no-uh well you see son I uh...hey why don't you work on your uh...tv watching until Bug's done training Joseph.
>>
>>93340755
>And not his type.
that's fatphobic though.
>>
>>93340518
It's really cheap shock and/or progressive popularity from both sides of viewers that do not watch the show.

Fans will just be fans. But adding in a gay character will get the conservatives to bitch and moan daily, gaining all the free press and also get all the progressive reporters to talks endlessly about how bold, brave, and amazing it is with even more free press.
>>
>>93341285
Wouldn't the simple solution be to just not have conservatives bitch and moan, then?
>>
>>93340518
There's a study on this.

People think that gays make up 20% of the population now due to all the representation

When in reality it's only 5%
>>
>>93340188
Someone post the comic with him as a relationship counselor. You know the one.
>>
>>93340372
Bill convinced himself he was his ex wife before hank snapped him out of it.
>>
>>93340518
So that you can know if your group doesn't closely associate with at least one homosexual individual you aren't the main characters.

It's a great way to break people of the 'I am the protagonist of my story' mentality and let them know some of us are just background characters for the real story.
>>
>>93340719
I feel like after Hank learns the lesson of the episode, he'd just say the same thing Homer told Bart in that episode he worried about Bart being gay.
>>
>>93340518
and just how many people of the population are superheros?
No one wants to read a story of an average normie being a fucking normie
>>
>>93340518

Because

>no-one exactly agrees how much of the population is gay/bisexual etc, despite EVERYONE KNOWING that it's only *insert arbitrary percentage here*
>Southern US still exists, where kids often get kicked out of Christian colleges, disowned by parents or bullied for the first 11 years of their life for being gay
>There's always some fucking retard who refuses to serve customers once they figure out Jose and Mike aren't just attractive buddies (which is questionable enough itself), but take their contact details and put them on the internet, usually along the phrase 'lynch the faggots' or something similar
>There's half a dozen subdivisions and cults in several countries saying that it's sinful to be gay, even if you are a nice person, despite often espousing something less standard, like polygamy or electrocuting the queer away
>Conservatives bitch about gay people existing, rather than any quirks or eccentricity in their portrayal, resulting in free publicity and a reminder that middle America/Ireland is still a shithole

It's like Steven Universe. You have a show where a homeless musician cuckolds an alien lesbian, kills her waifu via birthing his child, and proceeds to be an awesome dad while said alien rock is bomb of unsaid emotion, and this is progressive. It's not showing that lesbians are just 'oh so awesome' (at least not in that part), it's just tragedy and blessings for different people like every other piece of fiction.

But because one is a man, and the other is an effeminate rock, naturally it's considered extreme leftist fiction, just for FEATURING a 'not lesbian'.

Also because the right of politics generally criticises artists, and other artistic works, so you'd be hard pressed to find writers/animation teams with inherently right leaning tendencies. Add that to the fact that the right has turned from 'capitalism works for all' into 'necessary corporation evil for all, fuck everything else' openly.
>>
>>93342147
We really made a mistake with "too big to fail" when history has taught us things fail BECAUSE they get too big.
>>
>>93342147
>it's like SU
when will you realize you stupid motherfuckers posts instantly become invalid when you mention that show in any capacity?
You fuckers are cancer, stick to your fucking containment thread or go and join the ponyfuckers on their board, you retards ruin any sort of discussion about homosexuality with your poor analogies and shit-tier logic that constantly forces you to make comparisons to a disgusting, pandering show meant to appeal to a single demographic.
>>
>>93340188
Bobby was gay and probably fucked a lot of guys in college. He was a low test faggy kid. Hank isn't having a happy life.
>>
>>93340518
It's 10% including faggots that masturbate watching traps. And faggots in the closet or guys that masturbated a friend.
>>
>>93342145
I don't even know where to begin with the stupidity of this post.
>>
File: WHYAREYOUCALLINGMEBILL.png (241KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
WHYAREYOUCALLINGMEBILL.png
241KB, 500x384px
I have a feeling that if KotH was released today this episode would be the subject of a boycott. It's a shame since I think this episode is actually great not just as comedy but as a drama.
>>
>>93340188
no, but they'd make hank into a butch lesbian with peggy.
>>
File: absolutelydisgusting.jpg (69KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgusting.jpg
69KB, 1920x1080px
>>93340209
>wierd music.
It's all toilet sounds.
>>
File: Rimshot.gif (455KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Rimshot.gif
455KB, 400x225px
>>93340209
>>93340224
>>93340505
>>
>>93340209
>>93340224
>>93340505
and cue the music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LN_L85b2zQ
>>
>>93342471
Oh wow that makes it...still a tiny fucking portion of the population!
>>
http://archiveofourown.org/works/9908747
>>
>>93340209

Also Hank? He can't ever get off with his 'wife'

>in b4 muh narruh urethra
>>
>>93340494
would this be more or less funny without knowing anything about assigned male
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.