[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Professor Hugo Strange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

Where has he been?
>>
File: The_Batman.png (34KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
The_Batman.png
34KB, 300x150px
>>93338589
People hated the show which he was by far the best in.
>>
Probably fapping somewhere while dressed as a bat.
>>
>>93338589
He was the main villain of the batman monster men story a couple months ago anon
>>
File: MonsterMen06.jpg (508KB, 550x865px) Image search: [Google]
MonsterMen06.jpg
508KB, 550x865px
>>93338589
He was building a throne with books to look cool for his husbando.
>>
>>93338715
>mfw too smart for be visited for my husbando
>>
File: tom-hardy-bronson-333_vice_670.jpg (93KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
tom-hardy-bronson-333_vice_670.jpg
93KB, 650x366px
I remember when Tom Hardy was first cast for TDKR, a lot of people assumed he was going to play Hugo Strange.
>>
>>93338589
So why did he never catch on, exactly ?
I mean, sure, he lost his position of Batman's Moriarty to Joker, but he could have still been 2nd or 3rd place in the rogues gallery.
Did writers forget him or did people not care ?
>>
File: 1200px-Dr._Steel_Robot_Band.jpg (174KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Dr._Steel_Robot_Band.jpg
174KB, 1200x960px
>>93338589
Being a musician and trying to take over the world, if I recall
>>
File: HugoBats shbatman2-18.jpg (333KB, 1024x1482px) Image search: [Google]
HugoBats shbatman2-18.jpg
333KB, 1024x1482px
>>93339536
Because 2nd place was taken by The Penguin pretty quickly (or he and Joker shared first place depending on who you asked). Penguin's fun, he has gimmicks, he's got a memorable design.

Golden Age Hugo Strange was just a stock Moriarity-meets-mad-scientist archetype, he didn't really have a gimmick.

He started to gain interest when Englehart brought him back in the 70s (lots of villains from the Golden Age were brought back by writers who fondly remembered them), that was the original "Hugo figures out Batman's identity" plot, but before he could auction it off, Rupert Thorne's thugs kidnapped him and beat him to death when he wouldn't give it up. Kinda anticlimactic. Thorne was later driven mad by Strange's "ghost", hence the arc name 'Strange Apparitions'. Maybe that was meant to pay off, but it wouldn't until retconned many moons later.

But the image of him wearing the Batsuit (even if only a cover/first page fakeout) was very striking & memorable... so Doug Moench made it the basis for his interpretation of the character, a perverse psychiatrist (instead of a jack-of-all-trades mad scientist) who cosplayed Batman while psychoanalyzing him, whose obsession was borne from a place of insecurity and envy.

TL,DR: it was a long, strange trip from being a stock villain to a more distinct one, and even then, his "niche" is somewhere inbetween Scarecrow, who has the "evil psychologist" angle, and Ra's, who has the "mastermind who knows Batman's identity" angle... even the Arkham games wasted him by making him subordinate to those guys, but to be fair, it's because they have cooler gimmicks.
>>
>>93338589
Being one of the best characters in Gotham.
>>
>>93338715
Monster men was already stupid, but everything used to explain how Strange was behind it all was just the cherry on top.
>>
>>93338589
Is he a hypnotist?
>>
>>93340376
I guess Strange's thing now is how he almost fetishizes Batman. Strange has an unfortunate physique, and it this weird creepy old guy, and he looks looks upon Batman, his brilliant mind, his near-perfect physicality, his strength of will and determination...

And he has to dominate him. All he has is his mind, which rivals Batman, and he wants to use that to prove himself Batman's equal. He wants to have Batman.

He wants to BE Batman.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.