[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how was Wonder Woman "good"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

> awkward bookends with stilted narration
> shallow coming of age tropefest played straight
> merry colorful band of one-note stereotypes
> movie thesis = "it's not what you deserve.. it's what you believe.. and I believe... in love!!"
> lmfao^
> literally gibberish
> Gal Gadot can't act (camera cuts away from her immediately after Robin Wright dies so others bear the weight of the reaction)
> the ending is the same overly dark, overly long cgi brawl everyone whined about in the previous 3
> ending literally does not make sense: she thinks Ares is causing the war. Kills some dude. Turns out Ares is other dude (why? why did he help them?.. epic) but says he's not causing the war. Then she kills him and everyone on both sides hugs and high fives so he was causing the war. But then we have a century of war after, including a much bigger one twenty years later
> wtf was she doing between then and BvS, why didn't she stop Hitler?
> gratuitous slow-mo
> lasso of truth makes you orgasm

Literally the 3rd best DCEU film, best part is the cello riff lifted from BvS
>>
God, this movie is the gift that keeps on giving. I can't wait for the next Harley movie.
>>
>>93337631
>wrong
>wrong
>bullshit
>retard, didn't understand a fucking simple message
>lel kek lulz swag
>wrong
>based on what?oh right you fon't knw why
>now you're straight up lying
>is bad because you don't like it, ok
>yay

The only good DCEU movie so far, fuck Zack edgy shit and fuck MCU superficial formula.
>>
>>93337631
>awkward bookends with stilted narration
Awkward because It ignored the bullshit BvS tried to establish right? The bookmarks were my favorite because they offer a potential soft reboot of the entire universe.
Hey, Wonder Woman and Batman already know one another which means the broader superhero community may as well. I don't need to know how they met. They just do. I thought BvS defenders said not every character, relationship, or backstory needs to be explained in a movie.
>>
>>93337999
> retard, didn't understand a simple fucking message

hahahahahahahahahah

> fuck MCU superficial formula

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>93337631
It wasn't it's a god awful Captain America ripoff people were too blinded by grrrrrrrrl power to see how shot it was

By 2019 everyone'll look back and see how awful it really was mostly because we'll have a female superhero movie that's actually good
>>
>>93337631
You butthurt idiots. So hilarious. Post another thread like this so we think it's numerous people and not the lame ass samefag without a life.
>>
>>93338287
lets see that stomach
>>
>>93337631
It wasn't.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=IaIJ4Kgj9X4
>>
>>93338205
If by Captain America ripoff you mean it shares a whopping two superficial similarities and is in general a much better movie with more likeable and memorable characters, I agree
>>
>>93338205
>Captain America ripoff
b8 or retarded
>>
>>93338125
Found the MCU fanboy, you're cancer to the cinema industry
>>
>>93337792
The amount of asspain it generates is quite fascinating
>>
>>93337631
I don't think it's as good as people are saying it is, but it's still much better than BvS and SS. I'd put it after MoS in my DCEU ranking.

It's inoffensive and mediocre, like a Phase 1 Marvel movie a la Captain America or Thor. Ok the first time you see it and then you completely forget about it the next day. To be fair though most origin stories are like this, I can't even think of a superhero origin story that wasn't bland and by the numbers. The only one that wasn't quite as bland was Deadpool, but that one was just obnoxious.
>>
>>93338690
>It's inoffensive and mediocre, like a Phase 1 Marvel movie a la Captain America or Thor

Yep and (((somehow))) critic consensus is that it's on par w/ Logan and The Dark Knight lmfao

>>93338644
>Found the MCU fanboy, you're cancer to the cinema industry

It would be impossible to like the MCU or Force Awakens and dislike Wondy, they're the same
>>
>>93337631
It wasn't a travesty like BvS or the other DC movies. In comparison its pretty good. But if you watched the marvel movies wonderwoman seems mediocre.
>>
>>93338955
>they're the same
No they're not, you think that every movie that is not Edgy shit like Snyder movies is Disney.
>>
>>93339004
Everything doesn't need to be edgy, but when you sand down anything impactful to avoid controversy and stick to quips and empty platitudes you end up with Iger-fied fluff
>>
I think I cracked the code to getting very good reviews for a superhero movie, even if the movie is actually mediocre if you think about it more than 10 minutes.

>have a basic 3 act structure, no schizophrenic editing like Suicide Squad
>have the hero go through some generic as fuck "struggle" or character development (WW becoming more mature when she sees war and the nature of people, Thor becoming less arrogant after losing his hammer, Doctor Strange being more humble after his Kamar Taj training etc.)
>make it lighthearted and heroic/add some jokes
>give it some sort of gimmick that will make the critics forget about its flaws (WW being a female hero after a slew of movies with male heroes, Doctor Strange having some dude weed special effects, Deadpool being R-rated and "so mature we have dick jokes now XD" etc.)

Guaranteed 80%+ on RT and people acting like the movie is something out of this world when in reality it's just another mediocre capeshit blockbuster.
>>
>>93339283
This guy gets it^^^
>>
File: HeroicSupermanDCEU.jpg (354KB, 1200x1181px) Image search: [Google]
HeroicSupermanDCEU.jpg
354KB, 1200x1181px
>>93337999
>Zack edgy

do you even know what that means?
>>
>>93337631
I remember when mods would delete the dumb samefag who posted multiple threads of the same thing all day.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.