[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Superior Spider-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Just finished reading the whole thing and I must say that I really enjoyed it. What was /co/ opinion on it?

Is it The Amazing Spider-Man that follows it worth picking?
>>
>>93334946
Most people hate it but I enjoyed it too and no don't bother reading anything that follows Superior.
>>
>>93335044
I read Spider-Island before and was looking towards Spider-Verse. Was it bad?
>>
>>93335198
It's mediocre. Worth a read I guess but I wouldn't spend any money on it
>>
>>93334946
starts out entertaining enough, but one you realize how contrived it all is, it unravels pretty quickly
>>
>>93334946
There are TPB from Marvel NOW being released in Poland in Polish and I was buying some of them, Superior Spider-Man amongst them but now it had ended and I was wondering whether it's worth to buy ASM when it releases in like two weeks.

Oh well, might read in online or download....
>>
>>93334946
Like most of Slott's work over the last few years, it was a good idea that wasn't executed very well, at least not by Slott. Otto's appearances in other books were pretty good. While I would suggest avoiding everything that came afterwards, if you liked Superior, I suppose you may enjoy Spider-Verse, The Clone Conspiracy and the upcoming Secret Empire tie-in. Spider-Verse shows what happened to Otto while he was lost in time immediately after Horizon Labs was destroyed, and The Clone Conspiracy shows how he's reborn and goes on to join Hydra as the Superior Octopus.
>>
>>93334946
Only Otto's story in the follow-up is enjoyable. It seems to be what Slott is passionate about the most.
>>
>>93334946

Did you read the Yost issues in Superior Spider-man Team-up?

Those were good (also read his Scarlet Spider: it is good and Kaine is later featured in Spider-verse - which you already read - and Clone Conspiracy).
>>
>>93336089
What if...
Slott leaves Spider-Man for good, but he starts a Doctor Octopus book, instead, in which Spider-Man shows up once in a while?
>>
>>93335198
the spin off/tie in issues of spiderverse are good but i wouldn't bother with the ASM parts & spiderwoman parts
>>
>>93334946
>Is it The Amazing Spider-Man that follows it worth picking?
NO.
You see, the quality of Superior can be argued. But what follows after that is just utter shit.
>>
>>93336853
I could live with that. It might even be decent. But it will never happen. Even if Slott got to write an ongoing Ock series, he'd still get to write ASM.
>>
>>93334946
Peterfags on /co/ were eternally butthurt even though the whole thing was an obvious temporary status quo, but it was the most interesting Spider-Man has been in the last decade.

The Amazing issues that follow it are awful.
>>
>>93336853
This is what I've wanted for a long time.

I really like Slott's Otto, but I hate his Peter.
>>
>>93334946
>>93335044

i enjoyed the 700 series, learning to crawl, that story after secret wars with scorpio and a few of the crossover specials

everything else felt like filler to or a lead up to some event and amazing graces is just dumb
>>
>>93336853
Give it to someone else.

Slott LIKES Otto, but even during Superior he was the worst person writing him.

Yost and Gage both write Otto's that run circles around Slott's.
>>
>>93334946
Don't ask for /co/'s opinion on things. Given enough time, enough contrarians will pop up to decide ANYTHING is shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.