[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't be alone in feeling bad for RDJ. I like his popularity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: rdj.jpg (36KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
rdj.jpg
36KB, 1200x630px
I can't be alone in feeling bad for RDJ. I like his popularity as Iron Man has locked him into an endless prison of capeshit films which due to Marvel's legal power he has no way of escaping.

He seems like a genuinely cool and smart guy, who just got unlucky and now has to play the same tired character for the rest of his life.
>>
He makes 20 million per movie.

Boo hoo.
>>
>>93334478
he could always just an hero
>>
>>93334478
>locked him into an endless prison of capeshit films

he also was in the Sherlock Holmes movie

/tv/ by the way
>>
>>93334478

He's still adored by the general public as Iron Man and I'm pretty sure he still enjoys it. It's only a bunch of literal who's on /co/ who suddenly have it in for him.
>>
>>93334509

probably the same ones who think he's the lead character the Spider-Man movie.
>>
Robert Downey Jr. went from a self-imploding former child star who was a staggering punchline for even the Simpsons to a blockbuster guarantee in five years. His first movie after rehab, Mel Gibson had to pay his insurance bonds because no studio would, because they thought he'd fall off the wagon yet again. He took a role in Shaggy Dog, the worst Disney film ever, because being hired by Disney and not fucking it up would be a calling card. It is the only reason Marvel would even consider him for the role.

Iron Man made RDJ have a reason to stay sober, to make his body healthier than ever before, and to make obscene amounts of money. Once he has a break, he will have everything he needs to do whatever he wants. And he honestly seems to love being Tony Stark.
>>
>>93334572
>Iron Man made Tony have a reason to stay sober, to make his body healthier than ever before, and to make obscene amounts of money. Once he has a break, he will have everything he needs to do whatever he wants.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>93335443
zing
>>
File: 2.jpg (152KB, 482x682px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
152KB, 482x682px
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>93334478
He was good enough to actually get away with doing blackface in a major motion picture, he's probably giddy as hell about it.

God damn, Iron Man was nearly ten years ago...
>>
>>93334478
>due to Marvel's legal power he has no way of escaping.

1. if that were true it would violate the 14th Amendment so blatantly that any court found trying to uphold such a contract would have all of its members disbarred;

2. I'm pretty sure he's not losing any sleep over the money he's making. To you it may seem like his "art" isn't getting made, but to a working actor - even one with significant past successes - constant, well-paid work is a life-giving thing. He's so rich he can fund any project he wants to personally make, and make it, if he so chooses; he never needs to worry about where his next job is coming from or how much it pays, ever again; he's fucked ur mum.

tl;dr try harder, OP, trolling is an art
>>
>>93334478
how does his stint as tony compare to jackman's logan (who had it worse/better)?
>>
>>93334484
he has the easiest job of everyone. Just drink and quip. Everyone else has to stay in shape. But all he has to do is raise the smug eye brow when the camera is close to his face and act smarmy.
>>
>>93336451
He sort of earned it considering the MCU is built entirely on the success of his charisma IM1 and 2 and he improvised most of his dialogue there (the movies barely had a script).
>>
why are you fags responding to a shitty troll thread
>>
Reminder that he was a rampant drug addled degenerate who went to jail and no one wanted to hire him.
>>
>>93336342
>1. if that were true it would violate the 14th Amendment so blatantly that any court found trying to uphold such a contract would have all of its members disbarred;

It's a common practice for studios to write additional movie "options" (or additional season "options" if this is TV) into a contract and then sue the person if they don't take those options once their contract expires. It's why Mike Judge did those post-movie seasons of Beavis & Butthead, because Viacom threatened to sue him if he did not take the additional season options on his contract.

It's a practice that's been going on for decades in the entertainment industry. While it's only the threat of a lawsuit, most people are forced to take the "mandatory options" because the legal expense of going to court would essentially negate all the money they made on the original contract and then some.
>>
>>93336627

we've been deprived of quality threads for hours, perhaps even days

and what else is there to do aside from wanking it
>>
Bruh, he's been in other things the whole time.
>>
>>93336000
Got nominated for plenty of awards for doing blackface.
>>
>>93336409
Jackman

RDJ has to stay fit, Hugh had to.stay jacked
>>
>>93334478
I just want another Tropic Thunder, he can quit Marvel, I don't care
>>
>>93334478
>poor RDJ stuck being Iron Man
Yes so stuck that he's made 8 non Marvel movies since Iron Man. With a bunch more in the pipe. Seems like he's just fine
>>
>>93334478
They saved him from a life or irrelevance as a washed up junkie, I think trading that in for billions of dollars and stardom isn't so "unlucky"
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.