[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm remastered Blu-Ray announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

It's on facebook so I'm not linking, here's the info. No release date yet.

BATMAN: MASK OF THE PHANTASM(1993) (BD)
NEW 2017 1080p HD REMASTER
Presented in both the original theatrical 16x9 aspect ratio (1.78:1) AND open matte 4x3 (1.37:1) aspect ratio
Run Time 76:00
Subtitles English SDH
DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 Stereo - English
COLOR
BD 50
Theatrical Trailer (HD)
When the city’s most feared gangsters are systematically eliminated, the Caped Crusader is blamed. But prowling the Gotham night is a shadowy new villain, the Phantasm, a sinister figure with some link to Batman’s past. Can the Dark Knight elude the police, capture the Phantasm and clear his own name?
Unmasking the Phantasm is just one of the twists in this dazzling animated feature. Discover revelations about Batman’s past, his archrival the Joker and Batman’s most grueling battle ever — the choice between his love for a beautiful woman and his vow to be the defender of right. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is “a mystery that is genuinely absorbing, suspenseful and moving” (Cincinnati Enquirer).
>>
Nice, just don't change anything
>>
>>93325949
Glad it's getting a proper remaster, but no extras? Kind of sucks.
>>
>>93325949
Excellent
>>
>>93325949
>Presented in both the original theatrical 16x9 aspect ratio (1.78:1) AND open matte 4x3 (1.37:1) aspect ratio

Neat.
>>
Finally.

I was wondering if they had forgotten about it.
>>
Apparently it will be for sale next month though the day is uncertain.
>>
If they can pull off the HD transfer while keeping the aesthetic, this may bode well for a remaster of the Animated Series.
>>
File: Bat_bomb.jpg (20KB, 314x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bat_bomb.jpg
20KB, 314x400px
fuck yes this just made my day
>>
>>93325949
>Presented in both the original theatrical 16x9 aspect ratio (1.78:1) AND open matte 4x3 (1.37:1) aspect ratio

For an aspect ratio pleb, what does this mean?
>>
>>93325949
I just hope the rest of the DCAU gets a Blu-Ray release, or at least better releases on DVD.
I need a quality copy of Static Shock.
>>
File: TISComparism_zpse582fe84.png (433KB, 766x460px) Image search: [Google]
TISComparism_zpse582fe84.png
433KB, 766x460px
>>93328870
Some movies shot on film utilized a 4:3 aspect ratio, that is purposely cut off on the top and bottom when put to print. If you were to remove those borders, you'd see more of the picture. but you could also see what was never meant to be, i.e. boom mics and shit. For mask of the Phantasm, that probably won't be a problem, if all of the animation cells are whole and complete beyond the 16:9 borders
>>
>>93325949
Is it being put out by Warner Home Video or the Warner Archive?
>>
>>93330249
Warner Archive Collection
>>
>>93330339
No special features then. Beggars can't be choosers though.

I had hoped their next DC thing after Brave and the Bold season 3 finally got a BD release would be Legion of Superheros, Teen Titans or The Batman. Since those were all made in digital HD it'd be easy for them to put out.
>>
>>93328941
With Mask of the Phantasm (and many 80s and 90s movies) they knew it would make its bank on VHS so they framed the image conscious of the fact the image would be framed with more contend in 4:3
>>
>>93325949

OOOH BABY!
>>
>>93330704
>contend
*content
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.