[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say he's better than Pete?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4562.png (1MB, 786x918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4562.png
1MB, 786x918px
Why do people say he's better than Pete?
>>
>>93325697
Because Marvel pays them to.
>>
>>93325697

They like the idea of a black spider-man.

They haven't actually read his book because they'd know it's fucking awful.
>>
>>93325697
>People
you mean Bendis?
>>
>>93325697
i havent seen anyone that wasnt on tumblr claiming this

though unironically i do enjoy miles entire concept and the whole fact they had the balls to kill peter, even if it was in an au, and have someone take up the mantle out of respect to spidey. in execution he ended up being about as dull as spidergwen and spiderman 2099, and as a whole peter still remains better.

i feel like with the integration into the main marvel universe now (??) theres a chance he'll get a couple interesting stories and better writers will get their hands on him
>>
>>93325697
Because he's not white, and for plenty of people that's enough, even though he's only had a handful of good stories and is overall just a mediocre character who desperately doesn't want to be the black Spiderman, despite Bendis exclusively writing him as the black spiderman
>>
I can probably tell you that anybody who says that probably hasn't actually read his books
>>
Some folks say he's got personality while Pete is bland
>>
File: PastePotPete.jpg (125KB, 492x450px) Image search: [Google]
PastePotPete.jpg
125KB, 492x450px
>>93325697
If you're a Spider-Man and you're not better than Pete, you'd best hang it up.
>>
>>93325697
Literally who said this? Some random twitter account?
>>
>>93325697
Not better. Just as interesting but different. They hate cause they think he has a Mary Sue power and because he is not Parker. Which is hilarious because they bitch and whine about Parkers comic as well. It's the whole hating change and progression thing most neckbeards deal with.
>>
>>93326876
Or maybe, just maybe, they both have shit comics right now?
>>
>>93326974
>just as interesting
Don't respond to obvious bait, anon. Though I'm surprised he didn't go with "cuz they rayciss" argument. That's Milesfags' go-to argument.
>>
>>93326974
Well maybe, just maybe, people need to get over it because it is not going to change due to a SMALL vocal minority. When the sales tank, shit will change, guess what is not happening any time soon?
>>
>>93325697
Nobody says this.
>>
>>93325697
All the non-Peter Spider-fags pique people's interest because they have the cool powers with a twist but without the same old bullshit that writers constantly rehash with Parker.
>>
>>93325697
Because Bendis is holding their families hostage.
>>
>>93326029
Bizarro world inhabitants?
>>
I like Miles, but I have the same problem with him that I have with Riri Williams. Their personalities are too uninteresting, inoffensive and "safe". They could both just as easily be white the way they're portrayed (Riri's dad once tried to teach her how to fucking fence)......yet them being black is played up as supposed to be this huge "progressive" thing.

Also, it doesn't help that Bendis apparently can't write black people that aren't Luke Cage, but that's another thing.....
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.