[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers - Everything Sucks Now Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 515
Thread images: 70

File: WhatsInTheBox.png (517KB, 1280x939px) Image search: [Google]
WhatsInTheBox.png
517KB, 1280x939px
Can you believe what happened in the last Lost Light issue? Yeah, me neither because nobody read it.
I sure do miss the days when we would get together and either bitch or praise Roberts with his space drama filled with giant robots. Now we don't even talk shit about it, cause we all dropped it like a hot pancake. How come? I used to remember artists on Tumblr would pour out amazing art just after a few hours of it coming out and everyone would go nuts with theories for the next issue. Now I'm lucky enough to see someone post a scanned panel with some meme shit on it.

And since the Bay movie hits theaters Wednesday (who's NOT going to see it because of principle, gosh darnnit), is there any news on a new show lucking over at Hasbro?
>>
Meh. I lost interest when they killed off Skids. They built up this good drama bomb with Skids being responsible for Quark's death and then Chromedome being the only one who knows about. And since CD owed Brainstorm for saving Rewind for him, I thought they he would spill the beans and then there would be a lot of turmoil within the crew. So much so, that BS and CD kinda start to agree with Getaway liking the idea of getting rid of Megatron. But Skids died never telling BS the truth and I don't know if CD ever told BS the truth but I be they forgot about that plot thread.
>>
>>93320586

We talked about it at length on release. /co/ is a fast moving board bro. The thread was gone the next morning.
>>
I still like it...

Also yeah I'm gonna see the movie, and that DHX Studio was recently commissioned for two new TF cartoons.
>>
>>93322061

Er, wait. Boulder Media. Yeah.
>>
>>93322061
I hope the voice work is being done in Vancouver.
>>
>>93322152

One of them is a sequel to Rescue Bots, so I imagine they'll keep whoever did the first show.
>>
>>93320586
>is there any news on a new show lucking over at Hasbro?

Other than it's done by the studio that did Gumball/Danger Mouse nothing.
>>
Meanwhile, they're also making a new Littlest Pet Shop and, for some reasons, a Micronauts cartoon.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/07/rescue-bots-academy-another-new-transformers-show-coming-soon-341056
>>
>>93320586

Because despite being super profitable, Transformers is a dying franchise. Nobody sane unironically likes the Bayfmovies they are the popcultural cancer that's only enjoyed by red neck sisterfuckers, all the good will Animated gathered with retro fans for it's zany plots and references got pissed aways by Prime trying to be SERIOUS Bay-lite and all the good will and fans that TFP brought into the fandom fucked off when RID2015 came and was as mediocre and uninteresting as the first RID.

The comic were the backbone for a while but then Roberts jumped the shark thinking that he's too big to fail, has since become a BORING so that nobody really cares about LL anymore and the rest of IDW is having a shitty crossover universe event every month bullshit that's killing Marvel so all of the comicfags that the franchise accumulated since 2011 jumped ship too.

So the franchise now has a shitty movie series where everything will think you're a retard if you like it, a borin cookie cutter monster of the week cartoon and a series of confusing shitty comics. There's nothing in it anymore for anyone other than literal 5 year olds and 50 yo manchildren jerking off to 300$ toys that look exactly like a bad animation cell from 30 years ago.
>>
>>93320779
>I lost interest when they killed off Skids
Same
>>
>>93320779
>>93324129
You know what the funny thing is?

Up until those issues (for me anyway) they were actually starting to rebuild my hype.

>Getaway betrayed a group of the fan favs for being Megatron's inner circle
>They had just introduced Deathsaurus and the Breastforce
>The DJD had finally tracked down Megatron
>Ratchet came back

And then Megatron slaughtered the DJD (something I had been waiting for for a looong time) and it was like blowing a load.

That was the climax. It's all down hill from here.

It would be nice to believe that the recent issues have just been a cooldown arc and they can start building interest again, but I honestly don't see it happening.
>>
>>93322186

Nope. The VAs already confirmed they weren't asked to come back.
>>
>>93324786
>they weren't asked to come back

What the fuck, why not? Not even Blades and Chase, the favorites?
>>
>>93325825
Nope.

I mean they could be lying as part of the NDA but who knows.

DC Douglas on his website suggested it's being done in another city.
>>
>>93325825

Because Hasbro doesn't give a shit. They don't care about quality or fans or consistency they just want you to give them infinite amounts of money with putting in minimal effort and with open contempt towards the fandom.
>>
File: DCPpF3qVwAA9yZV.png (436KB, 649x883px) Image search: [Google]
DCPpF3qVwAA9yZV.png
436KB, 649x883px
If this guy ends up getting mass-production release of these, will definitely get one. Even if it is unpainted resin kit so effort is needed.
>>
The problems with the LL issues is that 90% of the cast is new OCs and have all the crew is kinda background characters. At least that's how I feel.

Plus all the subtleties in the art is gone. I think half the fun the people on tumblr was going through all the issue panel by panel and seeing if someone had a certain hand gesture or a look on their face. Now everything seems like it's drawn just cause the medium is a comic and there needs to be a drawing.
>>
>>93320586
My hype is gone. I put up with Tailgates OC donut steal powers and being cockteased over Cygate but after Ravage died I stopped caring.
>>
>>93326806
>My hype is gone

Thaaaat's what I couldn't put into words. Yes, that's it. I remember how excited I got at the end of each issue because it left on cliff hangers about characters I actually cared about or plots that seemed super interesting. I guess I lost the steam of eagerness about the time when Getaway dumped Roddy and his crew off. The tension of Getaway vs Cyclonus died once Cyclonus was going to be A-okey after saving Tailgate (and I agree with >>93326806 that it also kinda flatlined for me around the time Tailgate now got super powers. Interesting idea but now it's like, meh ok, you can't kill off the uber fan favorite anymore), I was stilling hoping Megs was holding out for SOMETHING with the DJD finding him AND Ravage trying so hard to bring him back to his normal self.

I think it hit the climax after Brainstorm couldn't pull off his Kill Megatron idea (which was SUCH a good idea and great plot twist), and then the comic just kinda tried to pick up the pieces of that. I was super bummed when Quark was 100% dead. More so because I don't like to see characters struggle for 30 issues (or ten million years in Brainstorm's case) and not get a reward for his ordeal. Failed to stop the war and saving billions and billions of lives? Ok, but at least he got Quark back somehow. Oh? Skids fucked up big time and now that'll never happen. Oh. Ok. I guess that's cool drama. Then Skids dies after all his hard work too. Oh. Ok. And so forth and so forth blah blah.

Anyone else think the story got a little shaky when Drift and Ratchet were booted for like ten issues? Think the story would have been a lot strong if you had the hard voice of reason and the super loyal friend still on the ship when Getaway was starting to act fishy.

It's fun to re-read the first 30 issues though, no doubt. I miss the hoolgans too. Whatever happened to them and Grimlock?
>>
>>93320586
I dumped the IDW universe a long time ago when they decide to abruptly cancel Simon Furman's plots in favor of AHM and never looked back.
>>
>>93322452
Shit, Micronauts could be good.
>>
>>93324341
>And then Megatron slaughtered the DJD (something I had been waiting for for a looong time) and it was like blowing a load.
>That was the climax. It's all down hill from here.
This. This so fucking much. I was expecting so much more from that finale and it would have even been ok had it sucked AND the DJD survived so at least we could look forward to more of them in the future but no he killed them off so that entire plotline was dead as if he just got tired of dealing with it.
He killed Ravage and Skids for that shitty finale too, both of their sacrifices were completely useless with the way he wrote it. And then seeing him on twitter saying 'hey this is like real life, things dont always end in a satisfying way', well guess what we don't have to buy it either.

Yes I mad.
>>
>>93327531

Sub butthurt TFW2005 member, still crying about gay robots?
>>
>>93327451
>Ok, but at least he got Quark back somehow. Oh? Skids fucked up big time and now that'll never happen. Oh. Ok. I guess that's cool drama. Then Skids dies after all his hard work too. Oh. Ok. And so forth and so forth blah blah
>oh ok
>oh ok
>oh ok
this is how I've been feeling about it since about midway into season two
there were so many disappointments and after awhile oh ok ceases to be ok
>>
>>93327782
>I was expecting so much more from that finale and it would have even been ok had it sucked

I'm wondering, how would anyone here have done it differently? I mean, no I'm not happy with how it played out either,but I guess if the end goal HAS to be "Megatron has to kill the DJD" then how do you make that interesting? Yeah the load was blown, but it could have felt like a nice blow job instead of it being like a forced medical ejaculation.
>>
>>93327981
Have the goddamn Megs and DJD fight be the whole issue and have some actual background discussed or even flashbacks while the fight is going on instead of dealing with the DJD in four panels and the rest of the issue was pointless bullshit that killed any and all tension. Seriously people here and all over tumblr were clamoring for DJD back stories or any little tidbits they could get and Roberts just laughed and said fuck it.
>>
>>93327981
>I'm wondering, how would anyone here have done it differently?

The crew gets dumped off on a planet by Getaway as normal. As they're too busy trying to figure out how to get the fuck off the world they were dumped off on, a bunch of flash bangs, grenades, and laser/gun shots begin going off, spreading the crew out, and disorienting them. They realize all too late they're being directed away from one another, and purposefully split off, and are now hopelessly lost. The end of the first issue is a flashback of the DJD discussing their plan of action: To divide the crew, each one with their own specific targets to kill. No endless legions of Decepticons, just the crew that was dumped off, and the DJD.

The issues then involve the split up crew trying to survive as an individual DJD member hunts each of them down, one issue devoted to each fight as the crew members have to deal with being hunted. One issue per DJD member, the very last being a knock down bare knuckle fight between Megs and Tarn.
>>
>>93327814
No I excepted Japanese dub Airrazor and Night scream even longer ago.
>>
>>93327981

Totally agree the the fight should have been a mega two volume issue. We just found out that Tarn is fucking Glitch and they don't go into that all. With all the character development and cool/sad/dramatic flashbacks others got *coughShockwavecough*, it would have been nice to see what it was like for him to go from one eyed shy weirdo to well, Tarn.

I would have Megatron fight them but eventually have him be so damaged, something is permanently lost. Something that no longer will make him a full equal to Optimus if they ever fought again. Something that would make Prime pity him and then Megs can give him a big "fuck you" speech about it.

I also kinda wanted The Handmaiden's Tale shot to happen where all the Autobots got to give him a final punch or kick to Tarn before Megs would be honored with the final blow. Shit, maybe even Megs decides not to do it, and then it's a very open "who dun it" ending where it could have been anyone of the LL crew.
>>
>>93326347
I'd be happy with just the bust.
Maybe with a hands on hips arms.

Also, word is TLK is not good, better than the 2,3, and 4, but not good.

Oh well, Prime Time tomorrow night.
>>
>>93328311
>Also, word is TLK is not good

Well, no shit. It's a Bayformers film. Anyone expecting anything other than raw shit steaming on a sidewalk with a heaping helping of explosions was probably clinically retarded.

It'll still probably pull a billion in China though.
>>
>>93328311
>Also, word is TLK is not good
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
>>
How's Optimus Prime the comic doing?

I've been reading it but I've had a very hard time getting invested in it, between everybody being an asshole, Pyra Magna being a cunt and Optimus just not doing anything.
>>
Is Transformers finally dying?
>>
>>93329263

If they don't do anything about it as it stands now, yes.
>>
>>93327451

Hmm, maybe have something "comicy" happen. Like Megatron finally beats the shit out of Tarn and wins, but in doing do, Tarn's spark doesn't just go out, it like explodes and some of the vapors get into Megatron. And that mixes with his energon and spark and it kinda makes me go a little crazy. So he's finding it really hard to control himself around Rodimus, and not punch his face in like he always wants to, and then he goes off on little ol Tailgate or something and Getaway is like SEE?! He'll always be a Con!? SEE!? I WAS RIGHT.

But Megatron knows something wrong, etc. Something more Sci-fi based would have been cool since that used to be Robert's cup of tea.
>>
>>93329263
It's not dying just waiting for someone to light it's darkest hour.
>>
>>93329847

YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH. YOU'VE GOT THE POWER!!!!!
>>
File: om1y0ogIqS1w2vllvo1_1280.jpg (127KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
om1y0ogIqS1w2vllvo1_1280.jpg
127KB, 720x600px
How come Prime never connected the dotes that Shockwave was Senator Shockwave. Senator goes missing and then a little bit later a new bot by the same name, but looks different, comes around.
>>
>>93329917

Maybe something with the fact there are 80 billion other robots that live on Cybertron and more than one is named Shockwave? You had that one Con that sounded like Megatron that Whirl squished. Why not have a Con that's named after a famous Senator.
>>
>>93329917

Because characters being functionally retarded in an effort to further a story is a trope that has existed since time began.
>>
>>93329917
>>93330250
>>93331106
Prime always knew Shockwave was Senator Shockwave, guys. So did all of the other characters. It was just the readers that didn't. There was a flashback in RiD of Optimus talking to him right after he'd been Empurata'd.
>>
>>93320779
>>93324341
Skids' death was entirely pointless and had no resonance with any of the characters' arcs. The only reason he died was because Roberts felt obligated to kill someone.
What a hack.
>>
File: Whirlcantbelieveyourshitpost.png (181KB, 310x315px) Image search: [Google]
Whirlcantbelieveyourshitpost.png
181KB, 310x315px
>>93324111
>Transformers is a dying franchise
Sure sure. Keep telling yourself that Geewun babby.
>>
>>93332152
B-but anon!! Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows!! It's messy and there are no real happy endings!!!

That's an actual excuse he gives people btw. His character deaths are so poorly done and that's why people get so mad about them.

Pipes was purely for shock value and to try and emotionally manipulate people into caring about a character he put very little time into developing. It feels like he only brought Rewind back because people were giving him flack for the "kill your gays" trope.
>>
File: Autismoissad.jpg (78KB, 789x531px) Image search: [Google]
Autismoissad.jpg
78KB, 789x531px
Honestly, the problem with IDW transformers at the moment is that the writers are slowly bending over backwards to make everything into a poor man's Shattered Glass. I was okay with pacifist Megatron for a time because it was a neat concept, but I think the real problem with how volume 2 ended was the fact that the DJD nerds didn't just kill everyone and prompt Megatron to return to being a tyrant, albeit feeling guilty about it the whole time or whatever. Meanwhile Optimus' books are boring as shit because A:Galvatron is dead, and B:The human characters are still unlikable shitlords who refuse to actually sit down and talk with a reasonable dude like Prime because "MUH HOOMIN PRIDE!" At least Windblade's story was somewhat interesting with all the politics and backstabbing. and watered-down version of Cybertron/Galaxy Force's plot. But now that she's dead, it's all just counting down to when Starscream gets fucking lynched finally.

TL;DR: IDW just needs to reboot shit so that it's back to basics.
>>
>>93320586
From what has leaked from Boulder Media, the next series is indeed a reboot of G1. They have suggested that this will not be a show that just recycles the old names onto totally new characters to maintain the copyright on those names, but will literally be a full on reboot. Ark. Volcano. Awakening. Teletraan One. Energon Cubes. The works.

(it is NOT a continuation as some were claiming.)
>>
>>93329186
Sales for every Hasbro comic is currently somewhere between terrible and catastrophic. Look for Lost Light and OP to be canceled and replaced by a single title with a new team by the end if 2017.
>>
>>93332428
>B-but anon!! Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows!! It's messy and there are no real happy endings!!!
Im so fucking pissed at him for using that excuse.
>Pipes was purely for shock value and to try and emotionally manipulate people into caring about a character he put very little time into developing.
And this was equally offesive since Pipes was one of my first transformer toys as a kid so I always had a soft spot for the little guy.
>>
>>93332640
>DJD are dead
>Galvatron is dead
>Megatron is a pussie Autobot

why does IDW hate Decepticons
>>
File: 1365391927715.png (420KB, 599x443px) Image search: [Google]
1365391927715.png
420KB, 599x443px
>>93332848
>just recycles the old names onto totally new characters to maintain the copyright
>slapping together whatever you can to keep your copyrights while the whole ship is sinking
Well that sounds like its going to be just peachy.
>>
>>93332428
>Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows!! It's messy and there are no real happy endings

huh and here I thought thats why I was reading fiction, to get away from the real life bullshit
>>
>>93332920
"Bad guys don't sell."
>>
>>93332976
just hasbro returning to its outdated roots then I see
>>
>>93332891
Good

I'm sick of the constant suffering and bleakness of current IDW-Transformers.
>>
>>93332920
You forgot
>Tarantulas is dead
>Overlord is still around but probably won't do anything
>Deathsaurus is still around but probably won't do anything
>Soundwave is leader of the Decepticons, but also Prime's bitch
>Starscream is leader of Cybertron, but technically did nothing wrong.

I wouldn't even say it's like >>93332976
said so much as nobody in IDW knows how to use these characters more efficiently.
>>
>>93332428
Authors use "but its reeeeaaaalll" to cover up bad writing all the fucking time.

>>93332640
This. It was cool for a while but they haven't done much with it except make the Cons toothless and the Bots assholes. Which is fucking easymode.

I think a lot of it has to do with making energon rarer, instead of harvested from other sources of power. The temptation of Bots to raid Con style, and the Cons as horrific space locusts who take EVERYTHING THAT MOVES from a planet to fuel their insatiable hunger for power is a great way of defining the factions AND creates a ton of stories. The power crisis metaphor's more relevant than ever now, too.
>>
I had never read IDW's Phase 1 (taking a few issues like the limited series LSotW, Drift, etc.) I had started in Phase 2 I just read the Simon Furman period at IDW and despite some rhythm problems in the "-ations" and the unfortunate implications of Arcee, I liked it a lot and would like to know what he planned to do if he had not left. I'd like to know what you think, about his period at IDW now that it's been a few years since he left.
>>
Geez guys, try to cheer up.
>>
>>93329917
But he did? It wasn't a secret.
>>
>>93332848
Just like in the last thread, I'm still waiting for ANY SORT OF SOURCE OF ANY OF THIS INFORMATION.
>>
File: ratchet's return 3.jpg (108KB, 540x431px) Image search: [Google]
ratchet's return 3.jpg
108KB, 540x431px
>>93327451
>Anyone else think the story got a little shaky when Drift and Ratchet were booted for like ten issues? Think the story would have been a lot strong if you had the hard voice of reason and the super loyal friend still on the ship when Getaway was starting to act fishy.

Honestly if Ratchet was on board, the mutiny might never have even happened because he's the only one grounded enough to see the writing on the wall.
>>
>>93332848

where are these leaks from.

tell me where you learned of this.
>>
>>93329917
He did, and tried to meet with Shockwave again, but Shockwave turned him aside, you fool. This was on panel.
>>
File: N.png (546KB, 717x569px) Image search: [Google]
N.png
546KB, 717x569px
>>93332640
I honestly expected Megatron to go off the deep end for a while. Instead the latest arc just felt...out of place. Especially with him being swept under a massive rug for Roberts can focus on everybody's...uh. Favourite characters Lug and Anode for a few issues when he'd been such a focus and draw for the last season.

Megatron, considering he felt actual remorse and having learned that pacifism is impossible if he wants to protect his crew apparently just goes straight back to pacifism. Not torn up over Ravage and the DJD as he was a the end of DoTL. Just weird.

Also, rageberry Rodimus needs more screentime. Explore why he's more interested in ruthlessly leaving the functionists' victims to chase after Getaway. Why he has some kind of heel face turn about how he feels about Megatron, considering he'd rushed to save him and shown him clear respect and trust before hopping universes, he's suddenly sure he must have betrayed them when he conspicuously doesn't turn up whilst a huge dangerous battle rages outside.

Feels kinda shitty all my favourite things about MTMTE Megatron are just being written out. Also
>Drift and Megatron don't interact at all
>after being so apparently close during the war
>>
>>93335988
>Feels kinda shitty all my favourite things about MTMTE Megatron are just being written out. Also
>>Drift and Megatron don't interact at all
>>after being so apparently close during the war

OH GOD THIS.

never once did they did have a proper interaction, this should have been a big fucking deal. I mean I can imagine Ratchet telling Drift offscreen but Drift never reacts to Megatron.

I mean it could have easily been "So, Ratchet was right, you're one of us now."
>>
>>93335731
Boulder Media is the source. Says so in the post.
>>
>>93328311
But 3 WAS good

So your bs is conflicting
>>
>>93334167
>unfortunate implications

Found the snowflake
>>
>>93336219

I'm not seeing it on their website.
>>
>>93324111
>Nobody sane unironically likes the Bayfmovies

The producers love them because they pump money.
>>
>>93336297
Wasn't she forced to be transgender or some really wild shit? I assume pronouns are some sort of thing that's transmitted to other cybertronians or something, since they don't seem to fuckin care regardless if a mech is wearing lipstick or not and there's zero difference between "sexes" because they're a diverse bunch anyway.
>>
File: 378378393.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
378378393.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>Drift still has a crush on Megatron
>>
File: 001.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
I have just read Salvation.

Thankfuly I read it until the end, because I was so mad that they killed Slag, Bludgeon and ever Flatline in a couple of pages.

Anyway, fucking Trypticon narration.

I'm going to read OP#8 now.
>>
>>93332405

Hope you choke on Bay's cock faggot
>>
Who wants to cheer up with some drawfaggotry?
>>
>>93337520
Id rather be a baynigger then a gewunner faggot
>>
>>93332428
On the contrary, Pipes' entire thing was trying to be important and a hero - one of the "somebodies". The fact that in death he managed to alert the Lost Light to Overlord's presence makes his death very resonant, in my opinion.
>>
File: WHYNOTBOTH.png (683KB, 1280x1614px) Image search: [Google]
WHYNOTBOTH.png
683KB, 1280x1614px
>>93337520
>>93337796
>>
>>93335988
>>93336182
It's absolute bullshit that they didn't do anything to resolve dangling hooks from TDOTL. Minimus and his brother's death, Megatron and Drift, Roller and Tarn/Glitch/Skids/Megatron...
>>
>>93336604
Cybertronians are sexless cause robits

Jihaxus wanted to introduce gender into their species (ether cause he was bored or because he wanted to create a way for them to reproduce)

Arcee was his creation and even with all the retcons still the only true female in a sense.

When windblade and the others showed up the other cybertronians asked questions

Meanwhile with arcee the point is made that they instinctvly know shes female.

Basicaly windblade and the others are just standard cybertronians who call them selves female for some unexplained reason and Arcee is actualy diffrent
>>
>>93337796

They are both the same you autistic cunt.

They worship G1/Bays movies like a work of god himself

They direct any criticism as DUMB HATUR NOT TRUE FAN!!!!

They LOATHE every other part of the franchise and refuse to even try anything that's not geewuun/bayshitters

They are never happy, always angry and spiteful towards everyone

They both claim that THEIR franchise is the most well known and well liked because dumb reasons.

Bayniggers and geewuuns are literally the same people, that's why they are the biggest most wile and most spiteful cunts in the fanbase and why they hate eachother so much.
>>
>>93337856
>>93338180
[Blitzwing meme intensifies]
>>
File: Riptide ROOOBERTS!.jpg (36KB, 331x409px) Image search: [Google]
Riptide ROOOBERTS!.jpg
36KB, 331x409px
>>93337891
>>
>>93332640
Supposedly, Hasbro actually was thinking about having IDW end Dark Cybertron with a "New 52" style reboot where afterword IDW was going to swith over telling stories in the "Aligned" continuity. Which means they would of have to tell stories around WFC, Prime, and RID2015. Would you actually of wanted that?
>>
>>93337231
You might want to look at the last page of Salvation again.
>>
File: Transformers-Go-Kart-3~01.jpg (213KB, 792x1475px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers-Go-Kart-3~01.jpg
213KB, 792x1475px
>>93336429
You mean they don't have a section on their website labeled "leaks"? LOL
You're either a smart ass or a dumb ass. Hard to tell just yet.
>>
File: OP1_subcvrA.jpg (142KB, 472x727px) Image search: [Google]
OP1_subcvrA.jpg
142KB, 472x727px
>>93339462

That's literally current IDW Prime.

I don't believe that Hasbro would actually after 30 years do a proper neo-G1 cartoon. No way.

It MUST be bayformers light. It just MUST.
>>
>>93339462

I wonder if after the Power of the Primes line ends.

it's the classics line that's the media.
>>
>>93339462
http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/16/transformers-go-karts-featuring-optimus-prime-bumblebee-341944
>>
>>93338968
What I mean to daid is that I had been mad before I've read the whole issue. When I finished I was, well, less mad because at least one of them is still alive (guess what could happen with Slag and Bludgeon in the future).
>>
>>93339945

Tbf anon those are band new designs and brand new art. Hasbro is notoriously cheap, they still use Dreamwave art as place holders I don't think they'd put that much effort into art for a GoKart instead of just reusing some shit other shows.

I think they legit might be early concept art for a new series.
>>
>>93340130
They're really not new designs. It's IDW Prime.
>>
>>93340349
IDW Prime and the new design have about as much in common as Adam West Batman did with Michael Keaton Batman. They're red trucks. That's it.
>>
>>93337896
Without sexual reproduction their gender basically is sex, but instead of being a social construct it's a medical one to deal with different spark types and possibly energon types.
>>
>>93320586
You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.
>>
>>93337231
Flatline is alive, Slug...we'll see, and Bludgeon well they never recovered the body I believe.
>>
>>93327531
>people actually think Simon Furman's shit is worth reading
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>93339634
That is exactly what is happening.
>>
>>93340515
His shit is better then every thing thst came after save for mtmte vol 1
>>
File: 1477385497640.gif (510KB, 324x216px) Image search: [Google]
1477385497640.gif
510KB, 324x216px
>>93320586
Of course everything sux, when you add bay into the equation.
>>
>>93340512
they literally show bludgeon on the last page.
>>
>>93340480
Robets tried to work that in but tumblr sperged out at him so he had them take it out of the trade
>>
>>93333055
Didnt Tarantulas get thrown back into his maze?
>>
>>93340593
I thought the last page was Slug's body on a slab?
>>93340598
Why? It being purely a social construct should be exactly what they wanted.
>>
Storytiming Hearts of Steel over here, if anyone's interested: >>93340650
>>
>>93340656
Its.
Tumblr.
>>
>>93340448
What the fuck are you talking about? It's literally the exact same design. >>93339590
>>
>>93333055
>Tarantulas is dead

Tarantulas was literally hanging off the cars in the last page of the book, man.
>>
>>93340926
You need glasses kid
>>
How low do sales have to get for Lost Light to be cancelled? It's doing worse than TAAO.
>>
>>93341274

Faggot literally only the head has a bit different design it's virtually the same thing.

Really it would be in Hasbro best interest to have a G1 cartoon so that they can pump out more Generations like toys to please both the 40 year old manchildren that only like that and to get kids to buy them too but it still seems unlikely that they will actually do that and will opt again for a movie-light show that incorporates Bayformers.

In AOE Grimlock & the dinobot were in hte movies so RID2015 put in Grimlock in the main cast.
In AOE Drift got mainstreamed so now he's a main character in cartoons too.
In AOE Bumblebee was the leader of the Autobots with an absent Optimus so that was done in the cartoon too.

Expect the next cartoon to have dragons, knights, Quintessons back as main villains and maybe an evil Prime.
>>
>>93341545
Grimlock was in it for brand recognition, yeah, but they were doing a Dinobot anyway, so you can't pin the entire concept on Brand Synergy.
There's no reason to do a "G1 remake" instead of taking good bits from throughout Transformers history and using them to come up with something new. Did you see how the manchildren reacted to the announcement that RID would be using G1 characters? They threw a bitchfit that Starscream, Soundwave and Cyclonus weren't close enough.
>>
>>93340656
>I thought the last page was Slug's body on a slab?
Were Slug in the table and Bludgeon in the wall.
>>
>>93341653
>There's no reason to do a "G1 remake" instead of taking good bits from throughout Transformers history and using them to come up with something new

Not happening Anon. Transformers are a legacy franchise. Someting wild like Beast Wars is never happening again. There's always going to be Optimus/Bumblebee/Megatron/Starscream and now movie characters as well as every character that appears in the movies is deemed big enough to be a leagacy character.

So the best you can hope for is another rehash of G1.
>>
File: Steeljawaligned.jpg (180KB, 790x748px) Image search: [Google]
Steeljawaligned.jpg
180KB, 790x748px
>>93342377
>Optimus/Bumblebee/Megatron/Starscream
>Current cartoon has no Megatron and didn't have Starscream until over 2 season in
>>
>>93341545
>design an ENTIRE TOY LINE as updated old guys
>keep this toy line going for years
>it's consistently the best selling toy line outside of the spikes provided by movie toys whenever Bay shits out another explosiongasm borefest
>but they don't EVER fucking support it with a cartoon
>despite the fact Transformers became a household name only because when they launched the original G1 line, they supported them with a cartoon, and it was one of the biggest selling, most popular lines in all of the 80's

At this point the only thing I can think of is just that every single higher up in Hasbro calling the shots is clinically retarded.
>>
>>93340598
>Robets tried to work that in but tumblr sperged out at him so he had them take it out of the trade
>>93340656
>Why? It being purely a social construct should be exactly what they wanted.

The problem came when all the "male" bots had 50 different possible spark types but any "female" bot could only have one spark type- and one with a human female hormone name. It was stupid as fuck anyway even if tumblr is retarded.
>>
>>93341449
We dont know because we dont know how good its digital sales are which both roberts and idw have said they were pleased with
>>
>>93343007
Well then they should have introduced more spark types. If I remember right it was ferrous positive? Should have gone down the list of metals. Springer could have had a silicon spark type or something to show off his uniqueness and you'd have anywhere from tin to titanium for anyone else.
>>
>>93343007
There was literally a sample size of 20-something people and Nautica was an alien. So many confounding variables your head asplode
>>
>>93343352
Ferrum-positive was what it got changed to. Originally she had "estriol-positive", which is objectively fucking stupid.
>>
>>93338875
After everything that's happened lately, I'm starting to feel like maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all.

>>93341007
Been a while since I read SOTW. I do hope he comes back.
>>
>>93343438
Anon every issue of that arc had new spark types added on that front page so no we saw more than that and roberts confirmed on twitter that yes, all the females were originally going to be all estriol ones.like >>93343551 mentions

it was a retarded idea no way around it
>>
>>93343592
>Been a while since I read SOTW. I do hope he comes back.

Yeah, no way he's dead.
>>
>>93343689
Okay then. How would you describe the difference between female and normal Cybertronians?
>>
>>93343812
there is no difference

they look like they do because the titan they came from had some kind of effect on them or those sparks were exposed to something that caused them to appear female but they should have no deeper physical differences, it will always end poorly and stupidly and trigger the autists and tumblrcunts alike
>>
>>93343812
Dude it should literally just be some of these robots look like women, thats it.
>>
>>93343915
Then why does there exist a word to separate them if they are identical?
>>
>>93344072
we have different words to call different looking people anon, we have different words for every tiny minuscule way anyone could ever possibly be different and you expect that cybertronians wouldnt have a separate words for those that look like human females

are you intentionally trying to be stupid or is this normal for you
>>
>>93344138
But female Transformers don't all look the same. Without a unifying feature, it doesn't make sense to have that be a specific class.
>>
they're girls cuz they got that robopussy
>>
>>93344202
it could just as easily mean 'those from caminus' since thats where all the female ones are coming from, come on its like youre not even trying to think
>>
File: 159901.png (225KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
159901.png
225KB, 500x475px
>>93344212
But boys have robopussies too.
>>
Hey, if anyone wants to jam unwashed cocks in their mouth, CinemaSins did the 80s TF movie!
>>
>>93341449
IDW is doing three Hasbro Universe crossovers. Revolution was #1. First Strike was #2. #3 should be ready about Spring 2018. That will probably wrap up every current title, if not the entire universe.

Hasbro would prefer the comics to tie into the new TV shows. I highly doubt Roberts would write after this, since Hasbro would have more direct control to keep it in sync with the show. Robert's clearly only wants to write a comic with no actual editor telling him to reign in his dumbassery
>>
>>93344268
Except that is wrong. Multiple ones not called female come from Caminus and there are other colony worlds that had female ones. Allegedly, there were Cybertron native ones called female many millions of years ago when their species was still new.
>>
>>93344361
then that feeds right back into >>93344138
>>
>>93344361
>Multiple ones not called female come from Caminus
>there can be no exceptions to a broad general descriptive term
>this never happens in our language ever, nope
>>
>>93344421
>No True Scotsman
>>
>>93344432
kek
>>
>>93344329

>That will probably wrap up every current title, if not the entire universe.
>Hasbro would prefer the comics to tie into the new TV shows.

Where you getting this?
>>
>>93344590
internet
>>
>>93343812
>female and normal
Is this a really subtle troll post?
>>
>>93344626
>(your ass)
>>
>>93344634
Thats really how most geewunners think.
>>
So did the Lost Light abandon Megatron, or did Terminus purposefully give Megatron the wrong location to prevent him from leaving?
>>
>>93341545
BAKA. You can see and believe the next show is cybernetic unicorn farts vs killer marshmallow clowns if you want. Makes no difference to me, kid.

The show is already in pre-production. It's G1. That's what sells on toy shelves and what has been selling on shelves for several years now. Hasbro is perfectly willing to let the movies be their own thing and release a totally separate line for the movie toys. They just don't want four competing Transformers product lines, which is what they have now.

When RID ends, that continuity will end. IDW will end its continuity with their third and final Hasbro Universe crossover event.

Generations outsells RID by a country mile and then some. It will be the new mainline Transformers for adult collectors and kids. 52 episodes are being mapped out so far. It will be based on the 1984 and 1985 cast.

That leaves Hasbro with a small movie toy line every Spring and Summer, while the mainline Generations universe will get new episodes every winter and Fall. That's all they want to do.
>>
>>93344626
Hasbro
>>
>>93344718
Terminus giving bad info is most likely based on how characters interact, expressions. Especially telling since Megatron agreed he should go back his THERE IS NO alternate universe.
>>
>>93344807
>They just don't want four competing Transformers product lines, which is what they have now.
Then why don't they do what they used to do with the movie lines and put the cartoon line on hold while the movie stuff comes out? :^)
>>
>>93344807

It all sounds nice, but is there any evidence to it whatsoever?
>>
>>93344997
>It all sounds nice
Wow, Boco, you really DO have shit taste.
>>
>>93344268
Cybertron is literally the only one without females. They have implied that the different kinds are modelled after their patron prime in some way but that doesn't do enough to explain why ONLY Cybertron has no females. Maybe Unicron ate them.
>>
>>93344807

Theres really no reason for them to crash the IDW-verse with no survivors if it both turns a profit for them AND also serves as a good place to test out Gen. designs. IDW is popular as fuck if 3P's are making figures of it and the mainline that is Gen. still uses it's designs.

Maybe reboot it, but honestly, it kind of could use a reboot by this point. It's all gay robots and boring shit, when it should be exciting adventures and war.
>>
>>93345272
>IDW is popular as fuck
Yeah, maybe to the 100 people on transformers forums.
>>
>>93337896
if there was ever a worthwhile retcon it's furman's insane transgender arcee.

i mean honestly i never got why female transformers had to be a big deal. it's like needing an intricate backstory as to why some statues are shaped like men and some like women, why NOT go with the simple solution?
>>
File: Bitchslap.jpg (1MB, 1878x780px) Image search: [Google]
Bitchslap.jpg
1MB, 1878x780px
>>93345314

Because Furman was an autistic retard and the editor was too much of a star struck cock drinker that he didn't slap the fuckin' limey cunt and tell him to not inject his autistic fantasies into something thats had fembot's since the G1 series.

And no, it doesn't need an explanation. Who gives a fuck why some look female and some don't, they're a race of magic space robots that turn into dump trucks and star cruisers and shit. If you think having a pair of robo-tits is the most unrealistic thing with that in mind, you're probably fucked in the head and completely unsalvagable, or trying to push some retarded agenda.
>>
>>93344807
I'm curious how IDW plans to wrap it all up. I mean around 2020 I can see it get wrapped up but next year is too soon.
>>
>>93345215
They got purged for being degenerates.
>>
>>93345154

That was roughly...40% joking.
>>
File: Tarantulas.png (823KB, 581x679px) Image search: [Google]
Tarantulas.png
823KB, 581x679px
>>93345484
>taking bullshit posted on 4chan without sources as fact
>>
>>93345388
Wouldn't it make sense for them to have the same sort of people, and then other species like humans think of some of them as male or female because of how they look or sound? That way you satisfy all parties involved.
>>
I'm not sure if anyone would agree with me on this but I would kill for a Transformers movie that would just embrace it's silliness without resorting to shoving G1 member berries down my throat
>>
>>93344807
This is way too well-thought out to be Hasbro's business plan. But there's no real reason to end the IDW continuity unless they want them to just start pumping out comics tying in to their next show.
>>
>>93345618
THats why I'm asking.
>>
>>93344807
>random anon on 4chan shitposting without any source

Fuck off attention whore.
>>
>>93345518
Under Nova and the Functionist Senate that's definitely possible.
>>
>>93343002
>supporting Generations toy with a show

Boi, speaking as a Yuro who saw Generations get canceled for half a decade because according to the local Hasbro reps, big stores don't want to carry TF merch that's not backed up by a movie or cartoon, that would be nice.
I remember even the mainline AoE toys didn't get a release here because they were branded under the Generations title. Even though the reason they had canned Generations in the first place was to make more room for toon or movie-based toylines. This marketing strategy was/is fucked beyond belief.
>>
The Last Knight was cool, shame it forgot about the last knight thing pretty much the whole movie.
>>
>>93350523

If they want it to be big again, I mean really, truly big, they've gotta do 3 things.

1: Advertising out the ass. The original G1 shit had commercials running CONSTANTLY, on like every fucking station.
2: A goddamn cartoon. One that uses the toy designs, and also can hit the nostalgia center of all the neckbeards. This means G1 styled, aka: Generations style.
3: More budget into the main line. Stop shitting out 1 steps and other useless garbage, and just shove all your fucking money into the main line. Put out quality shit people will WANT to buy for their kids, or themselves.
>>
>>93351615
Why not go all in and use every generation for the designs? G1 characters stay G1 styled, but animal formers look like the transmetal series or something from BW. Basically stick to the 13 Tribes thing from IDW and have that somewhat correlate to body style.
>>
>>93351889

Because we live in the age of remolds. Every mold has to be used at least twice, or the Hasbro beancounters won't approve it. Adding weird shapes like BW won't ever happen because they'd be really limited on remolds.

Meanwhile, for TR, they've gotten Scourge, Windblade, and Highbrow from one mold.
>>
>>93351991
Well if they'd do a series based on the actual war rather than the end of it on earth they could use any mold several times. Let's take Cheetor. Introduce another couple of cats. We already have Ravage and the cat cassette Soundblaster sometimes uses.

A lot of the G1 bots have pretty similar body styles. Blurr, Sideswipe, Wheeljack all have similar body styles and alt modes. Switch out the head and keep window wings would be a good way to keep a reusable mold.

Really the only difficult ones are the bigger guys. Megs, OP, Fort Max, Magnus.
>>
>>93352110
Cheetor already got a bunch of remake guys during Beast Wars era.
>>
>>93351615
Wouldn't hurt if their stuff was affordable either. Again, referring back to the European market in particular, not only are TF toys horribly distributed and sold in low quantities, they cost over twice their US price, like they took the "two toy in one" memo too literally. I know the reasons for this probably reach beyond Hasbro, but damn, it's no wonder consumers are turning away from their stuff if even a small shitty figure costs so much that basically no kid can buy it. And since they can't be seen on tv, why would buyers even care for them?

I take it this was one of the reasons why it took years for Generations to get back into stores again. They weren't popular with kids and cost a ton, so it was a better solution for retailers to just invest in one-step changers and those crappy non-transforming figures they keep making of Bayverse and RID15 characters.
>>
>>93352194
Yeah I'd like a Dinobot one instead really. Just saying that there's enough characters across the franchise that have been inspired by a different character that it would be easy to make a series that pulls from everything. Even if it just leaves them as background characters. If I remember right there was even a standard body type they just called Autotroopers who were all identical.
>>
>>93352246
I absolutely hate ANY of the RiD2015 figures. Some of the molds look pretty good. Then they slap that giant badge on them somewhere that just clashes with the whole aesthetic.
>>
>>93329186

I don't think it's that bad... Optimus has been trying hard to get things working, and while he will always have people working against him... it's to be expected to one extent or another.

>>93332640

Not all humans are unlikable shitlords! A few are, yes, but I can see why they do what they do.

Heck, the president is pretty much giving Optimus pointers in the last issue, and was willing to put all the world leaders together to do the trade with the Junkions. The issue was that Soundwave's spy mission failed and gave the Junkions reason to preemptively declare war.

Windblade is also alive. At the moment she's just recovering (or in a coma, either or).
>>
>>93353171
The solicit said something about Starscream risking his sanity or something. I'm betting a bit of Vigilem got pulled out with Windblade and he's going to have to interface and make a deal.
>>
>BayTF movie #23 is awful
>TF comics boaring
>No new shows
>Rescue Bots is getting updated and old cast is not part of it

This is the worst time line to be living in right now.
>>
>>93353961

On the plus side, the current Deluxes for the Gen. toyline have been pretty fantastic this entire line.
>>
File: HateYouSoMuchRightNow.jpg (93KB, 1736x1001px) Image search: [Google]
HateYouSoMuchRightNow.jpg
93KB, 1736x1001px
>>93353983
>toyline
>>
>>93353606

Yeah, Windblade's up and about, and I can't wait to see the conclusion to the story.

>>93333987

We've seen from More Than Meets The Eye that some knock-off energon can be made from organics. So it's not like the motivation wasn't there, it just mostly wasn't seen due to the big gap between the post-Autocracy start of the war and Infiltration.
>>
>>93354027

Well, it's the one part of the franchise that matters most. Without toys, there'd be no comics trying to push'em in this case.
>>
>>93354151

...Still.
>>
did anyone check out the latest we hate movies episode? It was on the third transformers movie and it's real funny

they still got two more films to do before transformers month is over, it's going to be wild. They're really hyping up the absurdity of the upcoming tf film, i can't wait to hear the episode
>>
>>93354856
I saw it tonight. I would actually say it's the best one. Anthony Hopkins was great. All the new bots were awesome. The new cons actually had just a little bit of personality. I did feel like there should have been more deaths though. But at least Megatron was no ones bitch.
>>
>>93354899
Megatron ain't never been nobody's bitch
>>
>>93354899
does barricade live
>>
>>93354999
Revenge of the Fallen.
>>93355031
At a certain point of the movie he just kinda disappears. I remember nitrozeus being there and some others but not barricade. He was pretty distinctive this time honestly. The arm guns and knuckles helped him stand out and his four eyes were red and blue to match his cop lights in the close ups. Design was good all around this time.
>>
>>93355117
This franchise has a real problem with characters just vanishing from the plot
>>
Will there be a Linkin Park song in the next TF movie
>>
>>93355130
They definitely left things open for whoever comes in next. Barricade seemed really unwilling to fight other than the one time he was chasing Bumblebee down. It might be how he's survived all this time but he was kinda just prowling around the whole movie. Megatron also never threatened him directly but when he gave him some bad news Megatron started lighting the whole place on fire so I kind of wonder if he's having second thoughts about this sparkles Megatron.
>>
>>93355130
Oh yeah. That rumor about Megatron having a moment with Starscream's head was half true. It was much less regret over what has happened and much more "if only you were alive to see this day my favorite treacherous bastard"
>>
>>93355273
>whoever comes in next
>implying it won't be Bay
>implying Paramount won't clone Bay
>implying that Pramount won't suddenly make Bay the director for the Bumblebeemovie
>implying we will ever get a non Bay movie ever

Anon please.
>>
>>93355403
Well Laika is next. After that who knows. Laika's movie is going to be in the 80s with fewer transformers. I suspect Starscream is going to be the lead decepticon in the movie and probably involve spying and stealth. Or he might be keeping tabs on the relatives of the Witwickans.

On a side note it would be a good excuse to change Starscream's altmode to an F-15 as well.
>>
I always wanted to do a RLM Mr. Plinkett like hour long review about how much hate I have for the Bay TF movies, but sadly I don't know how to write scripts. I hope someone does it one day and it's good.
>>
>>93346099

That's an autistic Anon that appears in EVERY TF thread claiming to have inside info from Bolder studio and how the new show is tooootally a G1 reboot and how Hasbro is going to nuke IDW and then never proves any source what so ever but just keep going YOU'LL SEE! YOU'LL SEE MY FANFICTION WILL COME TRUUUEEE!!!

It's be to ignore him and don't feed him. There is no such thing as leakers on 4chan as proven by all the leaks for TLK to be false (the leaks sounded like a better movie too)
>>
Someone remind me. Does Brainstorm ever find out that it was Skids's fault Quark died? Was Rung the only one who knew or did Chromedome find out as well?

Can't recall for the life of me because that plot line was dropped so hard.
>>
>>93338875
OK, if it had been just the one I'd have let this pass, but that second one got me.
>would've had
>actually have wanted
Fix'd.

As for the question, not the anon you replied to but hell no.
>>
>>93356607

Nope.

Frankly i feel in DOTL, what should have happened, Skids sees things are bad, Skids tells Brainstorm everything, they have a falling out, then Skids dies and Brainstorm is unable to process this.
>>
File: STL054925.jpg (2MB, 1186x1800px) Image search: [Google]
STL054925.jpg
2MB, 1186x1800px
September IDW 2017 Solicitations

https://www.previewsworld.com/catalog

FIRST STRIKE #3

(W) Mairghread Scott, David Rodriguez (A) Max Dunbar (CA) Freddie Williams II

Secrets revealed! G.I. Joe, the Autobots and M.A.S.K. make their way to Cybertron to stop the siege and encounter the COBRA leader, but all is not as it seems! Will their arrival help-or just bring more disaster?

FIRST STRIKE #4

(W) Mairghread Scott, David Rodriguez (A) Max Dunbar (CA) Freddie Williams II

Captured by Transformers! Even with the Autobots on their side, G.I. Joe is in trouble! Starscream doesn't trust anyone, much less armed humans who show up during Cybertron's darkest hour and he'll do anything he can to keep G.I. Joe under control-including let COBRA get even closer to their goal!

GI JOE FIRST STRIKE #1

(W) Aubrey Sitterson (A) Ilias Kyriazis (CA) Drew Johnson

As Scarlett heads off to Cybertron to confront the events of First Strike, her G.I. Joe team on Earth faces an unusual enemy... V.E.N.O.M.! With the help of a former M.A.S.K. member, G.I. Joe looks to put an end to Miles Mayhem's sinister group once and for all, in the Greatest Crossover One-Shot Of All Time!

MICRONAUTS FIRST STRIKE #1

(W) Christos Gage (A) Chris Panda (CA) Nelson Daniel

Rom, remaining on Earth as the events of First Strike take place, finds himself in a most unusual team-up... with Earth's smallest heroes, The Micronauts! Together, these two forces must prevent a catastrophe on Earth even while Cybertron descends into chaos!

OPTIMUS PRIME FIRST STRIKE #1

(W) John Barber (A) Guido Guidi (CA) Sara Pitre-Durocher

With Cybertron under siege by Baron Ironblood's forces, Optimus Prime and Arcee defend their homeland! Caught in the middle is the human/Transformer team known as the Revolutionaries-and one of them has a secret that puts everyone at risk!
>>
File: STL054952.jpg (3MB, 1186x1800px) Image search: [Google]
STL054952.jpg
3MB, 1186x1800px
OPTIMUS PRIME #11

(W) John Barber (A/CA) Kei Zama

With Optimus Prime embroiled in the FIRST STRIKE event, the Autobots on Earth set off on a mission to find one of their own-before anti-Cybertronian humans get to him first!

ROM VS TRANSFORMERS SHINING ARMOR #3

(W) John Barber, Christos Gage (A/CA) Alex Milne

Crash-landed on a mysterious planet and pursued by both Decepticons and Dire Wraiths, the Solstar Knights and Autobots will have to set aside their differences in order to save themselves!

TRANSFORMERS LOST LIGHT #10

(W) James Roberts (A/CA) Jack Lawrence

HOMECOMING! FIRST AID, the Autobots' Chief Medical Officer, returns to the Lost Light to find that everything has changed: the ship is now under the command of the treacherous GETAWAY, half of his closest friends are missing, and - most shocking of all - the crew is actually making progress...
>>
>>93357903
>>93358013
>not uploading all covers for these titles
Are you in a hurry?
>>
File: klhkjh.png (918KB, 1350x683px) Image search: [Google]
klhkjh.png
918KB, 1350x683px
>Before OPTIMUS PRIME was blasting DECEPTICONS in battle, he was greasing the wheels of his skateboard with fellow skater, SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS. Shredding rad gnar on the boardwalks of the Senti Rust Pier, they up their street cred while nailing down their signature trick, the Null-Ray-Ray, annihilating the competition into mere grime… Now get ready for the gnarliest TRANSFORMERS stunt of the 21st century… TRANSFORMERS has worked with Primitive Skateboarding, the company founded by legendary skateboarder, Paul Rodriguez, to roll out this special edition TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure convention exclusive. Co-designed by Paul, the figure features Primitive Skate’s classic black and gold colors for a more sophisticated and on-brand look. To up the skateboarding theme, the figure is placed in premium Primitive Skate-inspired packaging that mimics a “skate shoe” box featuring grip-tape inspired texture. As the ultimate twist, the pack features rail, ramp and hover board accessories! The pack includes a LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME figure, a TITAN MASTER SHREDDICUS MAXIMUS figure and eight accessories. Converts from robot to tractor trailer in 23 steps and from tractor trailer to battle station in 10 steps. The TRANSFORMERS PRIMITIVE OPTIMUS PRIME Figure will be for sale during San Diego Comic-Con 2017. Following the convention, a limited number will be available on HasbroToyShop.com.

Spotlight: Shreddicus when, IDW?
>>
Ugh, they were soooooooo close this time. So close to making the perfect TF movie. If it wasn't for Bay's obvious fingerprints.

Still the best one so far.

Hopkins was so much fun to watch.
>>
>>93358013
>First Aid returns to the Lost Light
>the crew is actually making progress
I don't wanna get my hopes up too much but that sounds kind of great. I was expecting it to improve with the mutineer issues anyway though.
>>
>>93336239
All you "DOTM was good" fags should be forced to watch the 90% of it that was human scenes over and over again for all eternity, because you all like it for the robot scenes that make up 10% of the movie.
>>
>>93355580
>I always wanted to do a RLM Mr. Plinkett like hour long review about how much hate I have for the Bay TF movies, but sadly I don't know how to write scripts

Its OK, neither does anyone who takes the time to make 2 hour long videos about how much they hate something.
>>
>>93358013
>(A/CA) Jack Lawrence

Please no.
>>
>>93354999
>>93355117
Also DOTM, giving us one of the most embarrassing moments of the franchise.
>>
>>93360020
???
>>
>>93345314
>>93345388
Keep in mind, Furman had been around since the days of the G1 comic, where Bob Budiansky was prevented from making Ratchet a woman because editorial said Hasbro wouldn't allow female robots. Furman was also tasked with explaining Arcee's existence back in the 80's comic, when they decided to incorporate the movie into canon.
While I'd agree it was a clunky explanation, I don't think its Furman shoehorning his own wants as much as him working within what he was used to. He's always been operating independent of the TF shows, which embraced fembots; because he was largely writing when the shows were off the air,(late 80's/early 90's) or when fans were frustrated by them(Unicron Trilogy). Plus the early IDW universe was more of an attempt at reinventing all the typical story beats of a TF story, and the whole Arcee plot was an attempt at reworking the gender angle.
>>
>>93360036
A Victoria Secret model calling Megatron a bitch.
>>
>>93360738
In all fairness I think most of us here would call Megatron a bitch
>>
>>93359965
>implying i dont like deep wang and military porn
>>
>>93361010
we could have military porn that's made of robots?
>>
>>93354999
Are you kidding?

He was a bitch in g1

Unicrons bitch in the movie

A bitch in the marvel comics

And he's Hes a bitch in mtmte
>>
>>93328311
>2nd best TF film
>not good
>ranks TF1 as best
wtf are you doing?
I'm going to go see it in 3 hours. I'll report back.
>>
>>93361052
Sci fi military porn is never as satisfying as straight up military porn

But one of the aspects i love about the movies is the human soldiers working with the autobots, the coordination and tactics
>>
>>93360195
>Furman was also tasked with explaining Arcee's existence back in the 80's comic, when they decided to incorporate the movie into canon.

No. That was Furman's own decision. US Marvel ignored the movie.
>>
>>93320586
>Yeah, me neither because nobody read it.
cause no one storytimes it anymore, and they've been getting ridiculously in your face with the whole "megatron's actually a nice guy" and "everyone is gay for everyone" and the "my OCs are more important than characters that get toys" parts.
>>
>>93360738
I don't think you're remembering the context of that scene correctly.
>>
>>93361358
Hes mad cause how dare any human talk down to a transformer reeeeeeeeeeeee

E
>>
>>93361153

TF1 > ROTF > TLK > DOTM > AOE
>>
>>93361540
Really?
Not including TLK, I'd put
DotM>AoE>RotF>TF1
>>
>>93361814

DOTM was boring as shit, the humans are the most annoying of them all and the plot twist is literally the only thing is has going for itself. It's shit incarnate.

AOE is an overly long pile of garbage with the worse looking CGI in the entire franchise.

ROTF is supid retarded fun that you can make fun out of while drunk.

TF1 is the only truly decent film of them all.
>>
File: aa.png (342KB, 656x472px) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
342KB, 656x472px
Can someone tell me which Decepticon is known for the wettest pussy?
>>
>>93363293

Thunderblast. And I'm not saying that just cuz she, ya know, turns into a boat.
>>
>>93363415
Starscream you dumb faggot.
>>
File: TPF S3.png (68KB, 250x252px) Image search: [Google]
TPF S3.png
68KB, 250x252px
>>93363415
>not Starscream
gtfo
>>
>>93363415
I got a chuckle out of that.
>>
>>93356518
The new show will NOT be a continuation of G1.
Stop spreading that bullshit anon. No one believed you the other twenty times you tried to pull it out of your ass.

It'll be a reboot or reworked version of G1. That's not inside info, basement troll. It's called using your fucking brain. Every new series since Beast Wars / Machines has been a reboot or reworking of G1 to some degree. Even the movies are just G1 with some twists. Why do you twits think this new show will be an exception.

You are NOT getting the old G1 gang back. You're gonna be lucky to get a few nods to the old stuff like Armada and Animated did. That'll be it.

Go enjoy your G1 DVDs and your pirated copies of the old comics if you want G1. Might I suggest pirating the UK comics if you want some G1 stories that fit in with that era, if you haven't already read them.

Stop expecting the 1984 product catalog to suddenly reappear on toy shelves. Frankly, none of the toy factories in Vietnam can make a decent quality toy anyway, so maybe you should be grateful that you won't have to suffer the heartache of buying toys made cheaper than Dollar Store knock offs, while paying Hasbro prices.
>>
>>93364674
>Every new series since Beast Wars / Machines has been a reboot or reworking of G1 to some degree.

Considering BW was just a continuation of the G1 continuity, you might as well just say "all Transformer shows are G1"

There has NEVER been a show which hasn't, in some way, been tied to the first show
>>
>Watching TLK
>Remeber from the trailers that it goes from full to wide at random points
>Think that's just the trailers advertising the IMAX version

>Movie was literally filmed half in regular and half in IMAX
And it's not even half the movie being full then the second half being in IMAX widescreen. In random scenes you'd go from full to wide to full again. All in the same scene
And that's not even the worst of it. The cuts are all weird. None of it is smooth or seamless. You're already dealing with the jarring change from full to wide. Then you have scenes where the cuts are painfully obvious
In the same scene in Act 3, the one in the trailer, Prime grabs Bee, spins him around and slams him into the ground
In the movie, the spin is just cut. For no reason. Prime grabs Bee, in IMAX widescreen, and it just cuts to Bee getting chokeslammed in full. But you don't see the lift, just the end slam

Act 3 was pretty good, the plot's kind of weird here and there though
>>
>>93365163

Any nice human to Bot connections? I mean fuck, even Sam got a little heart filled moments with Bee in the first movie. And that's what fans have been complaining about since day once, that there wasn't enough warm and fuzzy moments.

How was my beloved Peter Cullen? He's the only reason the movies have any legs to stand on.
>>
>>93365163
>random full to wide
Now this is my trigger.
>>
OH BOY ARE WE ARGUING THAT ALL THE SHOWS ARE TOO TIED TO G1 OR JUST G1 REBOOTS AND THEREFORE BAD?

ITS A FRANCHISE YOU FRUIT FUCKING FLAME ARSED MONGOLOIDS. IT WILL ALWAYS BE BASED ON THE FORMULAS CHARACTERS AND THEMES SET BY THE FIRST MATERIALS TO COME OUT. DOESN'T MATTER IF UR A GEWUNNER OR A PRIMEFAG LICKING ON STARSCREAM'S MOULDY OLD ANGST RIDDEN BOYPUSSY. HASBRO WILL MAKE AS MUCH SERIES AS THEY LIKE BASED ON WHAT WORKED AND WHAT MIGHT WORK FROM ALL THE SERIES BEFORE IT.

IF YOU WERE TO MAKE A NEW TRANSFORMERS SHOW WHERE THE ONLY SURVIVING CONCEPTS IS TRANSFORMING ALIENS CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE STEVEN FUCKING UNIVERSE OR WHAT ABOUT ROBOTS THAT TURN INTO CARS? HEYOOO ITS GO-BOTS AND THAT DUMB ANIME I DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE G1 BUT ITS THE ANCESTOR ALL THIS OTHER AND FUTURE SHIT IS AND WILL BE DESCENDED FROM. YOU CAN'T TAKE A HORSE, TURN IT INTO A CAMEL AND STILL CALL IT A HORSE.
>>
>>93365376
>YOU CAN'T TAKE A HORSE, TURN IT INTO A CAMEL AND STILL CALL IT A HORSE.

You could if camel was just the horse's altmode
>>
File: eyy.png (57KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
eyy.png
57KB, 720x720px
>>93365425
>>
File: 1495498841643.jpg (42KB, 640x580px) Image search: [Google]
1495498841643.jpg
42KB, 640x580px
>>93365425
very nice
>>
>>93365260
>Any nice human to Bot connections?
Mainly with Walberg and Bee, yes. Squeeks and mini Lopez have a couple moments, but Squeeks doesn't talk so it's kind of one sided, because Squeeks can't talk
Really, Walberg and Bee are the best of bro's.

>How was my beloved Peter Cullen?
Peter shone in this movie. Waay more range than he was in Prime and in DoTM. His transition from Prime to Nemesis Prime is fantastic

>>93365277
It's really annoying. Think of it as watching the Wizard of Oz except the transition from brown to technicolor is choppy and on occasion it's randomly go back to brown then back to technicolor in the same scene
>>
File: STL054972.jpg (2MB, 1187x1800px) Image search: [Google]
STL054972.jpg
2MB, 1187x1800px
>>93358013
You forgot this.
>>
>>93365578

Is that....ALEX!?
>>
>>93365793
Yes, but only for the cover :(. Interiors will be Priscila Tramontano
>>
>>93366264

What a fucking cock tease. Look how he draws Getaway so perfectly. And everyone else for that matter.
>>
File: screen960x960.jpg (709KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
screen960x960.jpg
709KB, 720x960px
>>
File: screen960x960.jpg (856KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
screen960x960.jpg
856KB, 720x960px
>>
File: screen960x960.jpg (864KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
screen960x960.jpg
864KB, 720x960px
>>
>>93364728
Armada actually was supposed to be tied to G1. That's how Takara planned it. Hasbro wanted to start over.
>>
>>93366694
> whatcangowrong.jpg the page featuring Starscream.
I will never get tired of seeing these.
>>
>>93366631

This chunky short art. Ugh.
>>
Can I talk about TLK?
Cogman is the best.
Bumblebees voice is alright
Prime kinda did nothing
Hound is also the best
Hot Rod is nice
Megatron blasts off again
Nitro Zeus is the biggest asshole, I love him
The whole 'I want my crew' was great, really love Cons getting personality.
Seriously, can I just get Cogman, more Cons, and Hound?
>>
File: PlayskoolGo-BotsVHSCover.jpg (104KB, 418x743px) Image search: [Google]
PlayskoolGo-BotsVHSCover.jpg
104KB, 418x743px
>>93364728
False
>>
>>93367047
>Bumblebees voice is alright
I was expecting it to be higher for some reason
Also, pleasantly surprised they actually used the 'Unicron is Earth' plot.
>>
>>93361358
>>93361387
Oh, I remember the context, which makes it even worse. A random supermodel Bay hired is the crucial plot point that breaks Megatron out of his malaise. Its not so much that a human did it, so much as it is that an otherwise superficial window dressing to the plot is the one to do it.
>>
File: 1491279389256.gif (4MB, 561x343px) Image search: [Google]
1491279389256.gif
4MB, 561x343px
>>93367047
>Cybertron fucks the Moon up something fierce
>Just scrapes Earth but there's no global wave of death when a fucking planet collides with a planet
It should've been over the minute Cybertron collided with Earth.
>>
>>93367693
This is my biggest issue.
>Small planet comes into direct contact with planet
>Nothing is shown dying
>>
>>93367921
Not even just that
>Cybertron is practically next to Earth that it fucks up the ISS
>Everything's fune
>Collides with Earth
>Everything's fine
>Scrapes the crust
>FINE
>Now somewhat a part of Earth
>EVERYTHING IS FINE
>>
>>93368038
The ending was just shat out really, no explanation for whats going on. Cybertron somewhat repaired now, Unicron awakened or something, Quintessa now disguised as a human, Prime, the Autobots, and Knights go back to Cybertron.

I just want a good Cogman figure now.
>>
>>93368402
>Cybertron somewhat repaired now
Actually, no. Cybertron is still fucked up because they haulted the rebuild process. So now they have to do it manually instead of what Quintessa was doing
They stopped the recreation of their own world for Earth. Which is Unicron. Really, a quarter or even less is repaired

>Unicron awakened or something
It's unclear
>Quintessa now disguised as a human
Let's talk about Quintessa's plan, which was basically Kill Unicron by using his Energon/life-force to rebuild Cybertron and,
what I'm assuming, rule over it

I understand she's evil, but other from the loss of humanity, Cybertron would've been rebuilt AND Unicron would've been dead.
>>
>>93366466
At least the date rapist looks kinda guilty.
>>
>>93369014

Pump the breaks. Whaaat happened with Onslaught??
>>
>>93365163
I watched in IMAX at the Indy state museum. I don't remember seeing something like that.
>>
>>93369184
I watched it in 3D and I saw it how >>93365163 saw it
Maybe it's a 3D thing
>>
>>93369014
no he doesn't
>>
>>93369210
I saw it in regular. It was noticeable, but didn't distract me that much. Also, fully expected Bumblebbe to kill Optimus. Didn't expect Hot Rod.
>>
>>93369316
So who was killed?
>>
>>93369171
Starscream had the Combaticons brainwashed to believe they were working for him all along.

Blast Off collaborated with Starscream in exchange for hot robot sex with Onslaught.
>>
>>93365578
Riptide is Leader Class size??
But what the hell is the mutineers gonna do against a combiner?
>>
>>93369210
3D as well but the screen was six stories tall and eighty four feet wide. So maybe I just couldn't look close enough.
>>
>>93366631
So Prime Rachet is a completely different character in IDW??? Or that medic based on that legion class RID2015 Rachet mold??
>>
>>93369253
At least he does when Starscream walks in, and Onslaught tells him he looks like someone just took his best booze.
>>
>>93369347
As far as I can tell, all the deceptions except Megatron, I think Barricade (didn't see him die), and Quintessa.
>>
File: Rom CHUG.jpg (101KB, 998x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Rom CHUG.jpg
101KB, 998x1100px
>>93358013
>ROM vs Transformers
Hasbro America really needs to release TAV-28 Vehicon General in the west. Pack this issue with the figure to help push IDW like with the generation figs
>>
>>93369568

I just want a ROM toy.

But man, I dunno if I can still be hyped about the Hasbro Comic Universe, and thats all I have.
>>
>>93369358

Oh my. And what issue would that be?...asking for a friend.
>>
>>93369421
You are absolutely correct.
My reading comprehension must be hitting a new lowest point today.
>>
>>93369642
The previous one, issue 10. Surprised you didn't hear about it, considering how everyone reacted.
>>93369654
The preview is kind of small, can't say I blame you for missing it.
>>
>>93332920
>why does IDW hate Decepticons
AKA if you ain't from the '84-'85 line tough shit, Where the hell are all the early IDW big bads???
Scorponoks- Still MIA after escaping Garrus-9
Banzaitron- Him and his Decepticon Secret Service haven't been seen since Spotlight Sideswipe
Sixshot- Haven't been seen since being stepped on in Spotlight Metroplex

At Least Bludgeon has been a "regular" bad guy for the dinobots.
>>
>>93369719
>The previous one, issue 10. Surprised you didn't hear about it, considering how everyone reacted

But it's saucy little cover that made everyone blush like a little school girl.
>>
>>93370030

*Plus
Not but. Sorry, my hands are still shaking from the overload of action from the Baymovie. And not in a good way.
>>
>>93363293
Knockout
>>
I don't like this Michael Bay genre
>>
Man, why are the most crazy of crazy bots do everything because of love in these comics? Which is fine by me, mind you, but to think Megatron could have done something A LOT worse in the wars if he actually had feelings for someone besides himself.
>>
So, anyone got an updated IDW mega folder? The one I've got is outdated from this time last year.
>>
File: Lost-Light-7-1.jpg (989KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Light-7-1.jpg
989KB, 720x960px
>>
File: Lost-Light-7-2.jpg (942KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Light-7-2.jpg
942KB, 720x960px
>>
File: Lost-Light-7-3.jpg (879KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Light-7-3.jpg
879KB, 720x960px
>>
>>93371535
So wait, if the rest of the universe got their transmissions 3 weeks after being broadcasted since the DJD siege. How long were they in the alternate universe. just 24 to 48 hours?
>>
>>93371535
So this proves the Mass Displacement can be applied to any cybertronian in the IDWverse. Didn't an anon in the last /tfg/ say it was only for certain bots?
>>
>>93371490
>>93371535
>>93371580
this art is awful
>>
>>93358013
Issue 10 is gonna be great.
>>
>>93371247
He loves Optimus, anon.
>>
>>93372216
I thought I would either get used to it or Lawrence would get better at drawing robots. I was a fool.

Too bad Roberts burned the Milne bridge.
>>
Honestly this new Lost Light issue as dumb as the dialogue is, it's finally time for them to move on.

I really hope they are getting off, I swear to god Roberts.
>>
>>93372291
Well that explains everything.
>>
>>93372364
Wait, there was a new issue today?
>>
>>93372310
>Too bad Roberts burned the Milne bridge.

He did!? What happened? I thought Milne was just moved to another project.
>>
>>93371896
Yeah, couldn't have been long. Let's say a day yo take stock. Two days with the Functionists. One week when they got back. And then however much time was lost translating between universes. It's also possible since they've been gone around ten days that it would take another month for another transmission to reach Cybertron after the last one. If I remember right Optimus wanted them to hail the LL but their comms weren't receiving in that three week time span.
>>
>>93372394
just the above teaser preview
>>
>>93372411
no one really knows the whole story but we do know that milne got slighted somehow with Lost Light and that he thought he was sharing art duties with Lawrence when really his contract wasn't renewed and Roberts said nothing because Lawrence is an old friend of his

or something close that, not sure
>>
>>93369754
>Sixshot

See, this one is doubly weird because they just made a new Sixshot toy. You'd figure Hasbro would be breathing down their necks to ensure he made a comeback, especially given he wasn't dead.
>>
Okay so with Lost Light 10 focusing on the mutineers and they're making progress.

How do you imagine the rest of e season plays out?
>>
>>93371490
Lug looks extremely different from their first appearance, right?? I'm not just forgetful, am I?
>>
>>93372614
>How do you imagine the rest of the season plays out?
Disappointingly.
>>
>>93372614
I imagine they're making progress but not helping anyone along the way. Rodimus didn't make much progress on his quest, but the things his crew did during that time were extremely important.
>>
>>93371535
>Hey guys, my plan here
>Guys, listen
>My plan
>Is to take this dead body
>Yeah, the tiny one I'm holding right here
>And fill it full of magic until it almost explodes
>But it doesn't explode!
>And then we ride out off this planet inside this dead body!
>WHO'S WITH ME?
>>
>>93372645
The 1st Lug on Necroworld was a hallucination. Kaput and Anode used the spark remnants from Lug's specific flower to bring Lug back to life.
>>
>>93372650
My biggest worry is that Rodimus gets his ship back and proceeds to do fuck all.

i also kind of want the mutineers to realize they're in the wrong as well. how would one go about it?
>>
>>93372802

I kind of want a reunity type of ending fir the season.

I had this idea the last scene is Rodimus and everyone on board finally getting into contact with Optimus Prime, they're alright and finally beginning the real journey.

Thoughts?
>>
>>93372707
Brainstorm can shrink them.
>>
>>93372777
Yes, but I mean... Lug didn't look very much like that when alive, right?
>>
Hey I was browsing Allspark someone on their suggested this idea of The Knights of Cybertron being Diaclones.
>>
>>93373078
They do change bodies from time to time so maybe he/she (forgot which) decided that it was time for a upgrade.

I just can't believe that anyone would think that Rodimus' new paint job is an improvement.
>>
>>93373402
I'm predicting when he gets his ship back, he's back in his classic deco.
>>
>>93373402
>>93373807
I always thought that the magenta colors on his new Lost Light deco was based on the Gen 2 comic magenta.
>>
>>93372857
>Brainstorm can magic up the solution to anything
>Nightbeat calls him out
>Gets told to dealwithit.jpg

subtle stuff
>>
File: 3 Bees.png (944KB, 1100x369px) Image search: [Google]
3 Bees.png
944KB, 1100x369px
>>93372601
More importantly, where the hell are the Throttlebots?! IDW has 3 separate Bumblebees now!!
>>
>>93369368
probably nothing since I'd imagine Blades would be pro-mutineer and they couldn't combine

no rook because fuck you
>>
>>93369368
He is standing on a crate of mecha-oranges
>>
>>93371535
>>93371580

Ya know, the fact that this comic always, ALWAYS manages to make me laugh might be why I still like it.

I apologize.
>>
>>93372310
It was way worse before, he actually has improved, and the art isn't the main problem, the main problem are the layouts and scene composition (a good example being the dead Rung page from the last issue).
>>
>>93374671
>It was way worse before, he actually has improved
I remain skeptical.
>>
>>93374289
He literally has a shrink gun anon. Used it on a titan. But as to what you're saying Perceptor is the IDW Reed Richards. Brainstorm is the Hank Pym.
>>
>>93371535
I'm quitting lost light right now. They are going to reach the ship and defeat getaway, but I'm not interested in see that insufferable rodimus winning again. Damn, all the man characters are annoying.
>>
>>93365578
Who's the big yellow guy?
>>
>>93374801
So he slaps Quark around and dresses as a bugman claiming he killed himself? I suppose that he basically made Megatron counts.
>>
>>93374973
Well the Megatron thing could be a loser analogy to Ultron, but no. Basically Reed Richards studies what's already there and makes new stuff from that. Pym gets an idea in his head and doesn't care if it's impossible. He makes it possible and doesn't consider consequences. You could sum it up by Richards/Perceptor saying it won't work, like Brainstorm's time travel creating alternate universes, and Pym/Brainstorm just saying "hold my beer"
>>
>>93375096
>loser analogy
Phone I don't know what you did there. But what the fuck.
>>
>>93375096
But Reed Richards can do anything.
>>
>>93375172

He is a rank amateur compared to Brainstorm.
>>
>>93374886
Grapple
>>
>>93375188
Only because human lifespans are much shorter.
>>
Post-Death of Optimus Prime/Autocracy Rodimus is such an OoC compared to early IDW 08-09 ongoing and Maximum Dinobot Hot Rod.
Hell Matrix infused Rodimus teaming up with Garnak was better reading of the character
>>
File: twitter5.jpg (92KB, 577x252px) Image search: [Google]
twitter5.jpg
92KB, 577x252px
>>93372411
>>93372506
Christ, people need to keep notes around here.

Problems were going on at IDW and someone forgot to keep Milne informed of things. Milne knew months ahead Lawrence was going to work on the book too. They will both be doing alternating arcs.

Milne had other projects like the Rom/TF crossover.
>>
>>93375366
He did however dick him out of a #1.
>>
File: twitte3.jpg (102KB, 591x360px) Image search: [Google]
twitte3.jpg
102KB, 591x360px
>>93375463
It wasn't Roberts decision. They believed having a new artist as a start brings in fresh new readers.
>>
>>93375514
Who the fuck are they listening to?
>>
>>93375514
>dont drop the book

Too late but that wasn't Milne's fault.
>>
>>93375366
>They will both be doing alternating arcs.
That's clearly not happening anymore, as the first arc is over, and they're having fill-in artists like Tramontano with Milne nowhere in sight. Never mind Milne's subtle jabs at Roberts and the book since, too.
>>
>>93375825
>Never mind Milne's subtle jabs at Roberts and the book since, too.

that was great, nice to see how he really feels

and the downside will we ever have bearable art again?
>>
>>93375845
On the series that follows taao maybe? Hopefully he'll get an author who will listen to some of his ideas.
>>
File: hurmph.png (924KB, 751x718px) Image search: [Google]
hurmph.png
924KB, 751x718px
>>93375845
> will we ever have bearable art again?

Yes. Bring back Sakamoto and Kotteri.
>>
>>93375757
People looking at past sales results. New artists really does adds a temporary boost.
>>
>>93375886
I just want mtmte/LL to stop sucking in every area

when the art is bad it really draws attention to how hollow the story is
>>
>>93375825
Can he even do two comics at once? Looks like he's still working on ROM vs Transformers.
>>
>>93375900
Anon both of them draw everything way too off model and its painful to look at as a comic

I like them just fine as fan artists or for the stand alone pieces but they're shit for a whole comic
>>
>>93375900
>wanting Sakashit
>not EJ Su

kys
>>
File: 1414716303840.png (27KB, 215x203px) Image search: [Google]
1414716303840.png
27KB, 215x203px
>>93375900
>>93376017

Guido fucking Guidi. Bring back the glorious robot lips.
>>
>>93375927
>temporary boost
>right before it nosedives into the shitter
Great business plan.
>>
>>93375959
And it sounds like he's enjoying working on that more than he did MTMTE.
>>
File: 1353238841619.jpg (48KB, 264x400px) Image search: [Google]
1353238841619.jpg
48KB, 264x400px
>>93376118
Guidi would also be acceptable.
>>
>>93376141
Ramen Deli is actually growing on me but I prefer him to keep doing one shots and such.
>>
>>93376119
All of them nosedived into the shitter.

May sales-
OP : 6,605
Lost Light: 6,594
Till All Are One: 6,147

But really half of these sales that doesn't get listed are probably digital. I still sometimes see Lost Light on the Comixology UK top list.
>>
File: GayBoys.jpg (59KB, 540x483px) Image search: [Google]
GayBoys.jpg
59KB, 540x483px
Fuck, I should be a IDW artists. I draw better than these finished pages and I'm just doodling for fun and nobodies paying me 300 bucks a day for it neither.
>>
>>93376817
I think you need to work on eyes just a bit. They look a little too human there. But great line work. You do any coloring?
>>
>>93376817
You can draw but can you panel and keep up with a strict deadline?
>>
>>93376887
>>93376975

I bet I could if I bothered to try.
>>
>>93371896
>Lost Light is like a year and a half behind everything else
Jesus.
>>
>>93378822
This is confirmed in comic, in a recent OP issue the present says Jazz stopped the cop form killing the black kid a year ago, and that was right about the time they got the delayed necroworld message.
>>
>>93372645
>>93373078
>>93373402
Lug looked like that before, she's just posed in angles you've haven't seen her in yet.
>>93373402
>>93374232
>Black Rodimus Convoy MP-9B (2011-11-28)
>>
File: 787px-MasterpieceBlackRodimus.jpg (91KB, 787x600px) Image search: [Google]
787px-MasterpieceBlackRodimus.jpg
91KB, 787x600px
>>93379183
oops
>>
File: G1toy_darkhotrod.jpg (135KB, 850x578px) Image search: [Google]
G1toy_darkhotrod.jpg
135KB, 850x578px
>>93379193
>Hot Rod/Rodmius has had two different evil clones
>>
>>93378822

I'm curious to see if there will be an inevitable timeskip.

I mean i assume the moment they get their ship back, they're contacting Optimus like first thing.
>>
>>93375900
fucking weeb
>>
Someone has the link to download GI Joe # 6 and Aw Yeah Revolution! #2?
>>
>>93379800
yes it's called the catalog
>>
>>93337896
>Jihaxus wanted to introduce gender into their species (ether cause he was bored or because he wanted to create a way for them to reproduce)
>Basically Windblade and the others are just standard Cybertronians who call them selves female for some unexplained reason

>are just standard Cybertronians
>call them selves female for some unexplained reason

Come again?Have you even read some of the IDW comic-book chapters after Furman was gone,where many things are being explained?Did you forget how real-life historical colonization even works?

>>93345314
>>93345388

There were actually females on Cybertron long before the Titans and some Primes even left the damn planet,in fact all colonies have both natural "genders" (due to a Titan having a hot-spot). Not only did Jhiaxus wanted to re-introduce female Cybertronians,but Arcee is a little bit different(she isn't even/never was a transgender at all imho and she seems to be the same age as fucking Galvatron!!).
>>
File: why lost light isn't great.jpg (58KB, 1595x211px) Image search: [Google]
why lost light isn't great.jpg
58KB, 1595x211px
Finally a comment that cements my issue with Lost Light right now.

This season needs to be them realizing their flaws and make them workable so that they can prove they deserve to have their ship back.

It worries me, that when they get back to the ship, it won't feel like they've earned it.
>>
File: allspark hates tumblr.jpg (118KB, 1276x895px) Image search: [Google]
allspark hates tumblr.jpg
118KB, 1276x895px
who saw this coming?
>>
>>93379623
I wouldn't be shocked if there was barely any time moving forward until some toy-related event happens and one of the LL/Team Rodimus characters has to partisipate.

I've been thinking of going back to some old issues, is there a good torrent of the entire backlog?
>>
>>93376233
Digital sales are generally 10-15% of print sales. That's why they won't post the numbers publicly
>>
>>93380784
Your right solus was the first cause she like the oyher primes changed their bodies and created followers in their image.

But they are as much female is rattrap is an actual rat
>>
>>93381001
Shit ain't new. That kink is as old as the internet.
>>
>>93381144
There's nothing in IDW that says all females specifically descend from Solus. She is (presumably) the only female of the 13 we know of though.
>>
>>93374827

see that's my issue here.

I am a huge Rodimus fag but as of late he's gotten worse and worse.

He needs to develop this season so when this happen, it feels earned and satisfying.
>>
>>93371580
>shut up nautica
>>
>>93374827
>Damn, all the man characters are annoying.
Yeah, this is the thing that ultimately made me drop it when MTMTE ended.
If I look at DotL a lot of the characters and things I cared about got swept away (Skids, Dominus, DJD, Ravage), while things I didn't care for got more and more focus.
I don't know if I "hate" LL so much as that the book has grown away from what I liked. All the same, I do really dislike the company for pushing Milne out "just to have someone new" when he would love to still be doing it. It doesn't help that Lawerence's art doesn't impress me.
>>
Is it time to start trying to learn how to become a writer.

I think I want to write Transformers fiction legitimately, and out do Roberts.
>>
>>93381121

I got to re-read the earlier issues, i'd probably will be more depressed afterwards on the current trajectory of the comic.
>>
>>93381784
I picked up a few of the IDW collection hardcovers to get autographs over the last two years, and it hurts seeing RID and MTMTE season 1 compared to now.
>>
>>93381317
Go for it.

Seriously. Write. The only way we'll have good shit ten years from now is if people start working on it today.
>>
>>93382644

the problem is i have no idea how to write dialogue.
>>
File: Your ship is problematic.png (55KB, 1008x218px) Image search: [Google]
Your ship is problematic.png
55KB, 1008x218px
>>93381001
The only surprise here is that tumblr is actually romanticising it more than being anti
>>
File: rodimus touch the butt.gif (47KB, 447x251px) Image search: [Google]
rodimus touch the butt.gif
47KB, 447x251px
>>
File: rung die.jpg (115KB, 935x421px) Image search: [Google]
rung die.jpg
115KB, 935x421px
>>
File: windblades design.png (192KB, 1280x521px) Image search: [Google]
windblades design.png
192KB, 1280x521px
>>93382776
As a cunt who writes in-character fanfic here's my secret technique:

Step 1: make a character sheet, write down the personality, traits, and all the shit the character does and doesn't do, what they know and don't know and if you plan for any of that to change
Step 2: with your character sheets figure out who's going to be doing what with their dialogue in certain situations (eg when characters have to explain plot shit: ratchet will do it but real negatively, pessimistic and sour. Bulkhead might but forgets half of what he says or uses placeholder words, so on so forth)
Step 3: with your complete character sheets and situation examples set up just write whatever comes to mind, when stuck use your sheets and references to help out
Step 4: proofread it by reading it out loud, too much of a mouthful? cut it down. Now imagine the character saying it in their voice, can't imagine that character saying that stuff ever? Edit it around or pass to another character.
Step 5: Profit
>>
>>93383357

that's actually good advice.

I'll have to get working on that later.
>>
>>93380786
Anon. Drift owns it. It's not as much about deserve it in this case as it is legally his ship. If they don't like his chosen captain they should have left. Not stole the ship and attempted murder by proxy.
>>
>>93381121
Power of the Primes could have a spot that Rodimus needs to fill.
>>
>>93383788
hey you know what they haven't gone into yet

why the shut is drift FUCKING LOADED
>>
>>93384048
the shit*
>>
>>93383788

You are technically correct on that front what I mean is Rodimus and the rest were abandoned for a reason because their petty squabbles squanders the original objective and got others killed.

>>93383811

I like the idea of in Power of the Primes, Rodimus goes through some development, getting back into his roots with the Matrix like in a spirit quest kind of way. He gets more focused, realizes many of the problems they're in now are his fault, take responsibility and feels like a more competent leaders when they get their ship back it's not like they stop the progress for the journey for little shenanigans.
>>
>>93384048
Roberts answered that on twitter: its what's left of his money from when he was a Decepticon, both his officer's salary and all the shit he stole/appropriated on his travels and conquests.
>>
>>93384048
Roberts explained it on his Twitter. He's had a lucrative career killing people for money for around four million years and saved it back.
>>93384500
The thing with the shenanigans though is they usually had a net positive result. Tyrest's kill switch obviously but from the basic stuff of Megatron saving organics that also is something the whole galaxyvwould take notice of concerning the entire cybertronian race.
>>
File: DC4FoURXYAER7cL.jpg (42KB, 540x467px) Image search: [Google]
DC4FoURXYAER7cL.jpg
42KB, 540x467px
>>
>>93384721
>The thing with the shenanigans though is they usually had a net positive result. Tyrest's kill switch obviously but from the basic stuff of Megatron saving organics that also is something the whole galaxyvwould take notice of concerning the entire cybertronian race.

Yeah that is true but like everything from season 2 and on hasn't really helped anyone.

not like anyone said thanks or anything for what they did there either.

what would be interesting is if the Lost Light now under Getaway, because they're making progress, how do you make this a bad thing or backfire on them?
>>
>>93384815
What if Team Rodimus gets back to the Lost Light and sees how much better Getaway is doing and they just have to suck it up and go along with them. Getaway allows them to come back on the condition that Megatron isn't with them and that they wont try and take the LL back over. Imagine how pissed Rodimus would be.

>Ultra Magnus is actually impressed because of how efficient everything is under Getaway
>>
>>93384754
Hey yeah, what HAVE the Protectobots been doing all this time? They left Cybertron immediately after Combiner Wars.
>>
File: dfsdfafgrlhj.png (27KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
dfsdfafgrlhj.png
27KB, 500x330px
>>93384048
raise your hand if you want drift to be your sugar daddy
>>
>>93384957
Getaway escaped prison after attempting to sacrifice an Autobot. I don't think Magnus will be pleased in any way with him.
>>
>>93367047
How was Daytrader? I like the idea of a civilian 'bot living on Earth.
Also, does Bulldog get to do much?
>>
>>93385183
He sure cozied up to a genocidal maniac who murdered billions just fine.
>>
>>93385220
Entertaining
Nothing, shot, transformed, tank then again
>>
>>93384957

man that would hurt a lot.

that said I get this feeling Getaway or Atomizer will be a total dick with this power, i imagine this good start they have will go south.
>>
>>93381252
The autor found that sarcasm is funny and thinks that sarcasm = clever. Now all the main characters can't say a line without being a sarcastic dicks. Rodimus is the worst, I jump for another page when he appears.
>>
>>93384815
I think they should be making progress but at the cost of others and perhaps minor but important fractions of the autobot code.
>>
>>93385319
Megatron was legally supposed to be on the Lost Light. Getaway broke DA LAW.
>>
>>93358013
>>93357903
I swear, this shared universe shit after Revolution is the worst thing to happen to the TF IDW comics.
>>
>>93385600

It's funny how Optimus did this without consulting any of the other Lost Lighters on it.

He's like shut up and deal with it.

Optimus a shit.
>>
>>93384754
Will he go postal if anyone touched Ambulon's desk? I remember one earlier issue blatantly stating it hasn't been touched since his death and that it was First Aid that told everyone to leave it.
>>
>>93385608
TAAO wasn't selling well enough to continue and OP is still coming out with normal issues while First Strike happens, so...?
>>
>>93385824

See now here's another reason why I wish Anode and Lug were on the mutiny instead of with Rodimus, they would totally go and mess around and they wouldn't know any better.

I could see Riptide doing that, he's dumb enough to do that.
>>
>>93385608
I don't know, both TF crossovers before the Shared Hasbro Universe were not any better story wise. Dark Cybertron had some good ideas and a great lead up but really interrupted the flow of both books MTMTE and ExRID. Combiner Wars was utter garbage. Why name an event on Combiners were little to no focus on said combiners or their point of view.
>>
So Team Rodimus is going straight to the Lost Light? There won't be a single issue dedicated to Mutineer Adventures on their own?
>>
>>93386162
why did you ever assume there would be?
>>
>>93386121
u wot m8
i thnk you're thinking about the CW cartoon, the comics were all about the combiners
>>
>>93381001
>allspark hates tumblr
Yeah, right. Pull the other one.
>>
>>93386162
Did you not see the #10 solicit? It is going to be the mutineers doing their own stuff. >>93358013 >>93365578
Two issues before then are going to be Rodimus's group doing stuff on an alien world.
>>
>>93387404

it'd be nice....if it wasn't more Anode and Lug.

fuck Roberts, these two aren't good characters, give this issue to literally anyone else.
>>
>>93387404
I thought we were supposed to get some Scavengers stuff sometime soon too.
>>
>>93388780
Nope. There's been nothing about them in solicits. I think Roberts mentioned a return and people assumed it'd be them.
>>
>>93388854
I could see the Rodsquad encountering them on their shopping trip.
>>
>>93385608

You think TF has it bad? Try reading ROM.
>>
I've been out for too long, can i have a summary of what happened to rodimus and his pals?
>>
>>93389146
How long?
>>
>>93389271
Since megatron got shoot by tarn.
>>
File: tumblr_odc324WDzi1uhq9jyo4_1280.jpg (376KB, 1280x825px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odc324WDzi1uhq9jyo4_1280.jpg
376KB, 1280x825px
>>93389887
Skids sacrificed himself to temporarily super power the others so that they could fight Deathsaurus' army without dying. Megatron is told by Ratchet that Fools Energon is bullshit and then enters the battlefield when he watches Tarn tear Ravage in half on a monitor. Vos snipes his fusion cannon and Tarn and Overlord prepare to kill him, but Megatron defends himself with Trailcutter's forcefield. The crew then send out a psychic guilt wave that makes Deathsaurus take his army and Nickel and leave, while Overlord leaves because he's decided Megatron is a pussy. The DJD enter Megatron's forcefield, and he kills them all with Anti-Matter. It turns out the Necrobot had grabbed tons of Cybertronians who had disappeared throughout the war, including Roller and Terminus. After that they try to teleport back to Cybertron, but are sent to the Functionist universe, where they find out Rung's alt mode makes photonic crystals and Terminus tricks Megatron into staying behind with him to start a new revolution of words when the others escape.
>>
>>93388780
>>93388854
>>93389076

I mean they're gonna have to cross paths. Drifts Vision had Grimlock in it.
>>
Can someone tell me where Skyfire is in this TAAO timeline? Seems like it would be a great time to put him in so he and Starscream can get some cool chemistry going, seeings how Starscream's actual character of being so evil and corrupt while being the Emperor of Cybertron is so great. And Skyfire being the voice of much-lesser-evil reason. Unless he's dead...
>>
>>93390284

You mean Jetfire? He's chilling on Earth with Optimus, doing nothing of great importance.

If you mean the Functionist Universe, no idea.
>>
>>93390343
Why the fuck is Jetfire less relevant in modern day than in the flashbacks?
>>
>>93390343

Aha, riiight. Jetfire. Yes, him,
Meh, it always struck me as odd, with all the pairings that keep popping up, you'd think IDW/Hasbro would push on the super old fan favorite. Or maybe it's too on the nose. I mean, who saw Onslaught and Blast Off coming? Maybe it's more fun when it's something totally out of the blue and not set up from previous things.
>>
>>93390415

No idea.

>>93390472

Probably because it relies on Starscream being a scientist, and thats never really come up much outside the G1 cartoon. And even then it was barely mentioned.
>>
File: AnodeLug.jpg (430KB, 347x631px) Image search: [Google]
AnodeLug.jpg
430KB, 347x631px
>>93385608
There are two things I really wish IDW would take notice of and take action as a result of

A) People largely are not enjoying Transformers having to share their comic with a bunch of properties nobody remembers

B) Nobody gives a fuck about yet another gay transformers couple being forced into the spotlight Carol Danvers-style
>>
>>93390531
>and thats never really come up much outside the G1 cartoon

Oh really? Not that you say that, I guess you're right. Don't recall that they did either. So I guess they have no real reason to know each other then. Boo.
>>
>>93390613
It's like Windblade said, Starscream only cares about himself.
>>
>>93390604
The only GI Joe transformers crossover I will ever accept is if Starscream and Cobra commander become best buds and fuck shit up together
>>
File: cobra-commander.jpg (250KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
cobra-commander.jpg
250KB, 720x540px
>>93390811
The Cobra Commander most people recognize from the old cartoon doesn't exist in the IDW comics, it's just a rank used by other existing characters.
>>
>>93390604
I like ROM okay, but the GI Joe stuff is kinda "????" without Cobra involved. For me, at least.
>>
File: 1493839290784.gif (2MB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493839290784.gif
2MB, 512x512px
>>93390851
>The Cobra Commander most people recognize from the old cartoon doesn't exist in the IDW comics
*AUTISTIC SCREECHING*
>>
>>93390851

And I say this with as much deadpan as I can muster; WHAT.
>>
>>93390472
>I mean, who saw Onslaught and Blast Off coming?

Heeeeelllllo. They both had snooty British accents in G1 and would bicker over who was smarter. COME ON PEOPLE!
>>
>>93390990
Guess I'm just more used to the versions of them from FoC.
>>
File: Shockwave and his Sweet Ride.gif (863KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
Shockwave and his Sweet Ride.gif
863KB, 500x303px
>>93390990
>British accents
>smart
>therefore gay

TAKE SHOCKWAVE TO THE BANK BOYS
>>
>>93390990
Reading issue #10 with them was much, much, much more fun for me cause I had their British voices in my head.

>>93391017
See, I've noticed that all the new voices in TF are what people are dubbing "Millennial Voice Acting", aka everyone kinda sounds like a 20-30 year old male? Where as in the 80s-90s everyone was kinda an old man and therefore all had vastly larger ranged. Peter and Frank were already kinda older and then you had people like Cassie Casman.
In FoC, if I wasn't looking at the screen, I would never be able to tell anyone apart, besides Starscream.
>>
>>93391179
>In FoC, if I wasn't looking at the screen, I would never be able to tell anyone apart, besides Starscream.

That's probably because there were only a small pool of voice actors involved with the video games. Steve Blum was Swindle Shockwave AND Sharpshot, not to mention a bunch of generics.
>>
>>93391228
I could deal with Blum being both Shockwave and Sharpshot, but Swindle was pushing it.
>>
>>93384665
>>93384721
Just how much money does he have? I've always imagined cybertronian currency exchange rate would be shit on a galactic level.
>>
>>93391228
>>93391479

Person who should never come up as a choice voice for Swindle?

"Who is Steve Blum, Alex."

Correct.

Glad I'm not the only one that didn't dig it.
>>
>>93391538

Enough to just buy a six billion credit ship on the spot and never get thanked for it. *coughRodimuscough*
>>
File: lhsmear.png (62KB, 262x170px) Image search: [Google]
lhsmear.png
62KB, 262x170px
>>93391228
Swindle was literally a nobody in FoC. Just a component for game sake.
>>
>>93390873

Thats what First Strike is about: a new Cobra.

But its not worth it...not at all...
>>
>>93390604
>People largely are not enjoying Transformers having to share their comic with a bunch of properties nobody remembers
The only thing that actual Transformers titles include is a bit of G.I.Joe, and that's nothing fucking new for Transformers.
>Nobody gives a fuck about yet another gay transformers couple being forced into the spotlight Carol Danvers-style
I don't know what "Carol Danvers-style" entails but I'm all for more gay couples being put into spotlights. Bring on the gay. Pile on the gay.
>>
>>93390531
They could have made it so there's some kind of test to become alt mode exempt. Screamer and Jetfire help each other but Screamer fails or gets sabatoged by the system.
>>
>>93391942
>alt mode exempt

What's that?
>>
>>93391971
That's what Jetfire got at the behest of Optimus. It's what Whirl got somehow so he could make watches.
>>
>>93391971
>Functionism became prominent on Cybertron in the last six million years, after the disappearance of the first Ark. A Cybertronian's status was determined not only by the utility of their alt-mode, but also its scarcity. The more unique an alt-mode was, the higher a Cybertronian could climb in society, and vice versa. At one point, Cybertronians who transformed into memory sticks were so common, they were considered a "disposable class" and treated as little more than slaves. The only way out was to qualify for the intellectual class or perform a task of note such as finding a Point One Percenter spark and be declared alt-mode exempt.
>>
>>93391998
>>93392027

Ooooo yeah, yeah. That little thing. What did Jetfire's form make him do? Just fly around and he wanted to do science?
>>
@ anyone who's watched the new film?

Does Bumblebee become Bumble Prime?
>>
>>93392185
He was a shuttle I think? Not a space shuttle like Blast Off but big enough that aerial corps and every other flying division for anything wanted him. I don't see the stigma on him being a scientist though. He could probably have flown straight into storms and adverse weather to study them and come out fine.
>>
>>93392229
No new primes.
>>
>>93392185
We don't know what he was doing before, but yes. Maybe he was a courier or shuttle.
>>
>>93371580
Drift's squirrel cheeks remind me of another big bot
>>
File: icecream.gif (95KB, 600x377px) Image search: [Google]
icecream.gif
95KB, 600x377px
>>93392027
>yfw these two are considered Cybertron's most elite upper crust
>>
File: Windblade_volume2_devisiun.jpg.png (561KB, 952x296px) Image search: [Google]
Windblade_volume2_devisiun.jpg.png
561KB, 952x296px
>>93392485
Nah they happened over on Divisun
>>
>>93392422
>squirrel cheeks
Fuck you. I cannot unsee stuffed cheeks on Drift now.
>>
>>93392577
Thanks to the latest trend of fanfic on AO3, neither can I.
>>
>>93392485
ironically this is one of the most normal looking transformers to me
>>
>>93392256
Quintessa refers to herself as the Prime of Life, but the movie doesn't really clarify her at all so maybe she's making up bullshit.
>>
>>93392716
Use spoiler tags for recently released media in threads that are not dedicated to said media.
>>
>>93392624
Kek.

So who wants to be awesome and give me a list of the G1 mains and tell me what they are doing (and whom) in all the current comics?
>>
>>93393405
fuck off
>>
>>93393452

Well someone woke up on the floor.
>>
>>93393405

Lessee...

Optimus Prime: Alive and currently trying to stop Earth from being a bunch of shits, with 0 results.
Megatron: Stuck(?) in an alternate dimension with his boyfriend, leading a new revolution there.
Starscream: Leader of Cybertron.
Galvatron: Dead, Optimus made him an impromptu headmaster.
Skywarp: GI Joe's bitch boy because they repaired his warp ability (or are trying to, anyway).
Thundercracker: Trying to be a writer on Earth.
Bumblebee: Stuck in a singularity concocted by Shockwave/dead.
Shockwave: Dead and stuck in the same singularity as Bumblebee.
Ratchet: Stuck with Hotrod.
Ultra Magnus: The original died a long time ago (maybe, no body=probably not dead). Theres an imposter wearing a body that looks like him like a Gundam, and he's the Ultra Magnus everyone knows. Also, stuck with Hotrod.
Hotrod: Ship captain, trying to find some lost McGuffin for years IRL now, and has gotten precisely nowhere. Got saddled with Megatron as co-captain at some point after he realized the war was dragging everything to shit when Shockwave tried to collapse all of reality into a singularity.
>>
>>93393472
do your own goddamn research, don't fucking piss around by asking "who wants to be awesome" by making a detailed list
>>93393585
and you, don't encourage shit behavior
>>
>>93393585

Well that was fast! Thank you! Is Prowl dead?
>>
>>93393173
The thread OP mentions the movie.
>>
>>93393601
Not that anon, but nah, he's chilling on Luna 2 with Fort Max and Red Alert. Something about sabbatical, those issues were pretty blegh.
>>
>>93393585
Optimus Prime: Alive and currently trying to stop Earth from being a bunch of shits, with 0 results.
Megatron: Stuck(?) in an alternate dimension with his mentor, leading a new revolution there.
Starscream: Leader of Cybertron. Stressed by the job and still being an ass.
Galvatron: Dead
Skywarp: GI Joe's bitch boy because they repaired his warp ability (or are trying to, anyway).
Thundercracker: Trying to be a writer on Earth.
Bumblebee: Stuck in a singularity concocted by Shockwave/dead.
Shockwave: Dead and stuck in the same singularity as Bumblebee.
Ratchet: Stuck with Hotrod.
Ultra Magnus: Still pissing off faggots who doesn't like this version of UM who is a load bearing little green guy.
Hotrod: Ship captain, trying to find some lost McGuffin for years IRL now, and has gotten precisely nowhere. Got saddled with Megatron as co-captain at some point after he realized the war was dragging everything to shit when Shockwave tried to collapse all of reality into a singularity.

FTFY
>>
>>93393601
>Is Prowl dead?
No but he should be.
>>
>>93393600

Well, I mean they could have called us dirt bags instead.
>>
>>93393585

Ha! Aw, then I got sad for a second. Poor Galv.
>>
>>93393766
>Ultra Magnus: Still pissing off faggots who doesn't like this version of UM who is a load bearing little green guy.
Thank you.
>>
>>93393615
ded·i·cat·ed
ˈdedəˌkādəd/
adjective
(of a thing) exclusively allocated to or intended for a particular service or purpose.
"investing in dedicated bike lanes will encourage more bicycle commuters"
synonyms: exclusive, custom built, customized
"data is accessed by a dedicated machine"
>>
>>93393766

Pfft, jokes on you faggot, I like this incarnation of Ultra Magnus. I'm just going into detail on him.

>>93393601

Prowl: On Luna 2 with FortMax, after they threw Sentinel Prime down a big shaft and never found a body. This was after being rescued by the Wreckers from Tarantulas, who is hard gay for Prowl and also created Springer.
FortMax: Still not a headmaster, but he had enough loadbearing capability to move a dead Titan around.
Sentinel Prime: Obviously fucking alive.
>>
>>93393600
>and you, don't encourage shit behavior

I'm not, thats why I answered him instead of being a faggot like you.
>>
>>93394039
>Pfft, jokes on you faggot, I like this incarnation of Ultra Magnus.
Pretty hard to tell when you act like all the other screeching autistic faggots who shit themselves over it not being a white prime.
>>
>>93390873
G.I. are a kind of EDC
>>
>>93394175
>White Prime
>Ultra Magnus

Not in my G1 he wasn't. Maybe the toy, sure. But the toys weren't canon for shit until Dreamwave, and Dreamwave was like a worse version of IDW.
>>
>>93393585

Jazz is on Earth with Prime, right?
>>
>>93394285
>autistic screeching
>>
>>93394323

Jazz just got set up by the media to expose his cop killin'.
>>
>>93394285
>Dreamwave was like a worse version of IDW
Dreamwave was great at the time it came out. It's what got me into the comics.

Still sad they never brought over the nutty Sunstorm thing.
>>
>>93394420
Humans being little shits like always.
>>
>>93394175
They aren't complaining he's not a white prime, they're complaining he's not Ultra Magnus.
>>
>>93394420
>expose
m8 it wasn't a secret.
>>
>>93394501
But he is, for all intents and purposes. There's literally no reason to be mad about it.
>>
File: 1465718935499.jpg (5KB, 108x169px) Image search: [Google]
1465718935499.jpg
5KB, 108x169px
>>93390604
>be a lesbian
>desperate for lesbian representation in literally anything I find interesting
>can't stand Anode and find Lug incredibly boring
>>
>>93394594

Surely theres some kind of Japanese anime filled with lesbian robots out there?
>>
>>93394594
>>desperate for lesbian representation in literally anything I find interesting

So that leaves out capeshit and pretty much any mainstream media. You're shit out of luck in the giant alien robot department unless you go to Japan.
>>
File: idw lesbians.png (2MB, 1710x1180px) Image search: [Google]
idw lesbians.png
2MB, 1710x1180px
>>93394594
They haven't been confirmed as lesbians, though. IDW does have some lesbians, but nothing really noteworthy in terms of plot importance or characterization.
>>
File: chickenwhirl.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
chickenwhirl.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>93394594
>>93394622
>>93394645

https://youtu.be/pTJol7_1RkU
>>
>>93394594
>find lug incredibly boring
Well good news for you.
>>
>>93394622

I'm amazed there aren't anime JUST about robots now. And I don't mean cyborgs or androids that look like real people who have odd quarks like typing really fast or running out of power/being ghosts in the shells (again in normal bodies).
>>
>>93394866
I'm not. I've seen anime slowly decline for the past 20 years to nothing but loli-filled garbage. An anime with nothing but robots won't get the attention of the ever growing hikikomori group.
>>
File: PervertMecha.jpg (187KB, 837x425px) Image search: [Google]
PervertMecha.jpg
187KB, 837x425px
>>93394947
>>93394866

There was a very well done little short about a hitchhiking robot that's picked by a lady and then hijinks ensure because he's a major pervert that takes photos of her in her underwear while she's asleep or showering and then he uploads it his dirty blog called "Mr. Robot Travel Blog!"

The story is of course very, uhhhh, "Japanese". But it's funny cause at the end she beats the shit out of him after she finds out, and he acts like an old man. His character design was super nice and he did all little clicks and fun robot things I'm sure /m/ would approve of.

I tried REALLY hard to find something like that again, but yeah, I came up short.
>>
http://spockandawe.tumblr.com/post/161657316836/so-i-think-we-need-to-talk-about-terminus

This is a really good analysis of Megatron's situation from his beginning to the end we've seen so far, as well as themes running through IDW and, of course, Terminus.

It's really long though, but I think it's worth the effort.

>>93395215

For those interested, the short this poster is referring to is called "#34: Robot on the Road (Directed by Hiroyuki Okiura)" from "Nihon Animator Mihonichi", the same tag from which ME!ME!ME! comes from.
>>
>>93394478
>nutty Sunstorm thing.
Still mad that IDW killed off Sunstorm. Just another notch on Arcee's belt now
>>
>>93395542

I have to admit I'm usually really impressed with some of the TF fangrils that REALLY analyze the living fuck out of subject in the comics and I actually learn a thing or two from them. I'm going to go read that fucking college eyes about Terminus now. Better not end with the conclusion that Megatron as aspergers or something.
>>
>>93395642
>notch on her belt

What, did she vore him?
>>
>>93395744

Nope, the conclusion was that Megatron doesn't really have a happy ending, and Terminus is an authoritarian shithead.

>>93395749

Stabbed, most likely.
Thread posts: 515
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.