[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BLACK PANTHER Plot Details

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1449090804708.jpg (158KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
1449090804708.jpg
158KB, 459x612px
From Entertainment Weekly.

>The movie begins with an extended prologue of T'Challa (Chadwick Boseman) returning to Wakanda after his father's death in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR in order to ascend to the throne by venturing into Warrior Falls and proving himself to Wakanda's leaders.

>Wakanda is divided in several tribes that co-exist under a fragile truce established by T'Chaka (John Kani), which is threatened due to his death, and T'Challa's efforts to complete his father's vision of integrating Wakanda to the outside world only increases tensions. The world believes Wakanda to be a subdeveloped third world country.

>Early in the movie, T'Challa and the Dora Milaje, Wakanda's royal guard led by Okoye (Danai Gurira), cross paths with CIA operative Everett K. Ross (Martin Freeman) when they both pursue weapons dealer Ulysses Klaue (Andy Serkis), the only one who knows the truth about Wakanda, to South Korea, leading to shootout in a nightclub followed by a car chase, in which Klaue is captured. Later in the movie, Klaue attaches a piece of sonic-based Vibranium mining technology to his arm in order to fight.

>Klaue is rescued from prison by Erik Kilmonger (Michael B. Jordan), a vicious Wakandan warrior who refuses to accept Wakanda opening its borders and who was exiled after challenging T'Challa's ascension. He recruits Klaue to help him mastermind an international conspiracy to undermine T'Challa's influence over the Wakandan leaders, allowing Kilmonger to stage a coup, which could lead to a new world war. Ross ultimately discovers the truth about Wakanda and joins T'Challa's efforts to stop Kilmonger and Klaue.
>>
File: 1497468074786.jpg (446KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1497468074786.jpg
446KB, 1382x2048px
>Nakia (Lupita Nyong'o) is T'Challa's childhood friend and the newest member of the Dora Milaje. They have romantic feelings for each other.

>W'Kabi (Daniel Kaluuya) is T'Challa's best friend, confidant and commander of Wakanda's military forces.

>Shuri (Letitia Wright) is T'Challa's sister, a technological genius on par with Tony Stark who has dedicated her life to studying Vibranium and it's scientific applications, and has designed the Black Panther's weaponry.

>Ramanda (Angela Basset) is T'Challa's mother and one of Wakanda's most respect political figures.

>M'Baku (Winston Duke) is the ruthless leader of the mountain tribe of Wakanda, whom both T'Challa and Kilmonger pursue as an ally.

>Zuri (Forest Whitaker) is Wakanda's spiritual leader, T'Chaka's old friend, T'Challa's loyal advisor and the guardian of the Heart-Shaped Herb, a rare herb laced with Vibranium particles that affords the kings of Wakanda superhuman abilities, including enhanced strength, speed, agility and stamina and heightned senses.
>>
>>93320207
>Jordan is Killmonger

Nice.
>>
>South Korea
>Not China in your big budgeted worldwide action flick

well, props for going the distance
>>
>>93320207
>The world believes Wakanda to be a subdeveloped third world country.
kek
>>
>>93320207
>>93320220

This info's been out for awhile, but it still sounds good.
>>
>>93320207
Klaw has me hyped. I have a feeling from the trailer that Serkis is going to steal the show.

It's unlikely, but I'd like him to have some type of outfit like the comics. Usually I bitch when they don't, but in his case it'll be difficult to pull it off. Hope the arms looks like the comics at least.
>>
>>93320268
>well, props for going the distance

Actually, it's a smart move. Chinese hate blacks.
>>
>>93320367
To a point to skip out on a Marvel movie?

They're bigger drones to Marvel than our normies, Anon.
>>
File: My Captcha.png (31KB, 291x57px) Image search: [Google]
My Captcha.png
31KB, 291x57px
>>93320420
>They're bigger drones to Marvel than our normies, Anon.

That's kinda redundant because it's a film with a 98% black cast. For any other thing barring a movie with the undead, skellingtons or ghosts, they'd flock to it. But Black Panther is literally chock full of one of their four bugaboos. They're gonna avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>93320585
Why would do that when they're already exposed to the one black guy the films focusing on? They saw him do awesome things in a film Chinese wanted see Iron Man and Cap, and came out with world wide praise. There's even the promise of seeing non-blacks that appeared in previous Marvel films.

I truly think their Marvel boners are going to take hold.
>>
File: black panther.jpg (1MB, 1887x1375px) Image search: [Google]
black panther.jpg
1MB, 1887x1375px
Holy shit they're doing McGregor's run? Pretty based that Coogler is doing a 10/10 story that I can't even get /co/ to discuss.

I pray to christ they let him make his movie and don't shoe-horn in quips and set-ups but the last time I was this hype was for Doctor Strange and I was massively disappointed.
>>
>>93320747
I didn't read the OP because I'm trying to avoid spoilers but this post just gave me hope. It would be cool to see a (mostly) McGregor/Priest movie adaptation
>>
File: killmonger-blackpanther-1001904.png (355KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
killmonger-blackpanther-1001904.png
355KB, 640x360px
>>93320207
Side dreads killmonger is weird
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.