[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WONDER WOMAN/CONAN Crossover Announced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: ww_conan_cover01.jpg (668KB, 670x1035px) Image search: [Google]
ww_conan_cover01.jpg
668KB, 670x1035px
>This September, we'll see Wonder Woman/Conan thanks to a collaboration between DC and Dark Horse Comics. The book is from beloved Wonder Woman writer Gail Simone, artist Aaron Lopresti, inker Matt Ryan, and colorist Wendy Broome. The series teams the Themiscyrian and the Cimmerian for six issues and starts on September 20th.

>Here's what the solicit for the first issue says:

>What makes one a legend? How do legends carve their name into history, when countless others are forgotten? Wonder Woman and Conan the Barbarian are destined by the fates to be legendary, but when their stories collide, will both emerge victorious, or will the fickle Gods cut their lives short?
>>
Awesome! DC continues to deliver. One of the crossovers that always wanted to see. Finally Diana will meet a real man, and not those loser capes that they ship her with.
>>
File: BenderLaughing.gif (40KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
BenderLaughing.gif
40KB, 200x250px
>beloved Wonder Woman writer
>Gail Simone
>>
>>93317308
I'm still waiting for Wonder Woman/Red Sonja/Xena
>>
>>93317367
That's an accurate statement.
>>
>>93317249
This will be 9/10 at best because we all know what it needs to be 10/10 and they are not going there
>>
>>93317249
I hope for a lot of Diana/Conan sex scenes.
>>
>>93317402
I'm still waiting for Jirel of Joiry.
>>
File: face the face.jpg (45KB, 642x623px) Image search: [Google]
face the face.jpg
45KB, 642x623px
>>93317249
>Gail Simone
>>
>>93317402
>Not three separate team-up minis that culminate in all three teaming up
>>
>all these fun crossovers
>ruined by hack writers
>>
>>93317367
>>93317730
>>93317837
Where did this meme that Gail Simone is a bad writer come from?
>>
>>93317249
WW is not a barbarian... this seems silly and unflattering for Conan. Will prolly not read.
>>
>>93318094
She got stuck having to write Batgirl after everyone got pissed she was out of the wheelchair in N52.
>>
Sounds like DC will continue their 100% crossover success rate they've been having all decade.
>>
>>93318094
Nu52 batgirl
>>
>>93318156
Simone did already write a WW arc where she teamed up with DC's Beowulf and Claw the Conquerer
>>
>>93318222
Not the Anon you replied to but I still prefer her run over the current run that replaced her.
>>
>>93318271
Didn't her run also have it that the Khund alien race worship her as a badass warrior woman of death? I mean they're basically space barbarians.
>>
>>93318181
>>93318222
So one run?
>>
>>93317249
I actually saw this thread in the catalog and my first thought was "please don't be gail simone".

I am disappointed, though not at all surprised.
>>
>>93318301
Yes, the Khund did see her as a barbarian warlord, though Simone pointed out that their depiction of her was only based on their experiences when trying to invade Earth.
The Beowulf story arc had her being violent in it because she specifically lost her compassion and memory because of magic fuckery.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ends_of_the_Earth_(DC_Comics)

>>93318374
Her N52 Firestorm was also really fucking weird
>>
>Marvel is doing an Avengers in the Hyborian age
This could've been a neat company crossover
>>
>>93317249
>Wonder Woman/Conan crossover

Awesome!

>Gail Simone

Nah fuck this book. She'll probably put some shitty commentary about nudity and loincloths.
>>
>>93318094
A bunch of fuckheads who never read anything she ever wrote jumped on the LE SJW bandwagon because they started reading comics with the New 52.
>>
>>93318094
Her WW and BoP are mediocre as fuck, only SS was good and fun. She has never written something truly great ever, I don't why people meme about her.
>>
File: 1462635019418.png (550KB, 1190x641px) Image search: [Google]
1462635019418.png
550KB, 1190x641px
>>93317249
>tfw Cthulhu is now part of the DCU via technicality.
>>
>>93318610
Her Secret Six sword-and-sandals story arc had everyone in skimpy clothing though.
>>
>>93318416
how much of firestorm was really her
I think most of it was van sciver
>>
>>93318704
And then she went to cover up Red Sonja, a character known for her metal bikini.
>>
>more DC crossovers
Neat.
Did they ever reveal why they cancelled JL/PR?
>>
>>93317249

I love DC for doing all these crossovers even though The POTA/GL one has been pretty bad.

Wheres that autist who screeches about integrity? I wanna laugh at him
>>
>>93318782
far too many delays, they're supposed to be re solicited
>>
>>93317249
>beloved Wonder Woman writer Gail Simone

Beloved by whom? She sucks ass
>>
>>93318851
Tumblr, Reddit and her Twitter audience. All these overlap btw.
>>
>>93318748
That happened after her run on Red Sonja. Sonja was wearing the bikini the whole time she was on the book.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (1004KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
1004KB, 1366x768px
>WW x Conan
already happened
>>
>>93318748
that just completely false
what's the point of posting this
>>
>>93319156
You mean Flaming C. I bet you think Bruce Wayne is Batman too!
>>
>>93319629
anon probably just wants to bitch about Gail Simone because he thinks that will make the cool kids like him
>>
>>93317249
Are they going to de-power her or something? WW is superman-level. Even above supes in some ways. If she were plopped into hypeborea, which is a very low-power setting, she'd be invincible aside maybe from some extremely rare magic. Y'know, she could flick Conan into space with her wrist.
>>
>>93318626
Maybe it'd be better if you didn't post during that time of the month.
>>
>>93317249

But the Cimmerians are descendants of the Atlanteans. The guy who played Ronan in Stargate: Atlantis became Conan The Barbarian in the 2011 movie. Now he's Aquaman in the DCEU, who is also an Atlantean. Are we going to see the Ancestors of the Atlanteans from DCEU in this new series? Also, how many gods is Wonder Woman going to kill? I forgot how many Conan killed, there was that one Dagon god that he killed with the knife or sword made from the meteorite metal. There was another god he killed or at least seriously injured when he was in that city where the god was going around killing the inhabitants who were too afraid to kill it and instead worshipped it out of fear.

Wonder Woman, on the other hand, probably fights gods and monsters (who are on the same level as gods) very frequently since she is immortal or at least has a longer life span than humans (https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/17796/does-wonder-woman-age). She probably kills Ares a couple of times in comic books, animated movies and live action movies. Well I don't know if she kills Ares, but she at least fights him and even fights Hades.

>>93317536

No, Conan is probably going to be too busy crushing the princess of a small nation state that is under attack from some undead necromancer who had amassed an army to defeat anyone who opposes him. (http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks13/1303751h.html#story6 Check out the last couple of lines in that short story).

I also remember some stories where he doesn't even sleep with the women. He either saves them, or helps out the woman who in return sends in her army to help Conan, or he steals some valuable jewelry from them. I can't remember the specific stories but he doesn't always sleep with the important women in the stories.
>>
>>93318271

Beowulf is in the DC comics? Is this because he's a public domain character?
>>
File: dcfantasyadv.jpg (236KB, 560x834px) Image search: [Google]
dcfantasyadv.jpg
236KB, 560x834px
>>93320358

Yup! He was one of a bunch of barbarian/fantasy copycat characters DC tried out when Conan was surprise hit for Marvel in the early 70s. That fact that none of them but Warlord lasted more than seven issues tells you all you need to know about their quality and success.
>>
>>93320736

Are there any good comic book adaptations of Beowulf? It doesn't necessarily have to be from DC or Marvel. Is it as good as the CGI Beowulf movie from 2007?
>>
>>93320736
Simone was actually the first person to use Beowulf in over 30 years when she did that WW story arc.
>>
File: beowulf.jpg?1432727424.jpg (899KB, 1417x1959px) Image search: [Google]
beowulf.jpg?1432727424.jpg
899KB, 1417x1959px
>>93320840
>Are there any good comic book adaptations of Beowulf?
Pic related is pretty good.
>>
>>93318661
SS, Clean Room, and The Atom are truly great though.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.