[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project: Multiverse Comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: heroes.jpg (152KB, 599x640px) Image search: [Google]
heroes.jpg
152KB, 599x640px
Actual first pitch sent edition

Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/JyKVveLK

Discord:
https://discord.gg/rGSaquC

Currently we're looking for artists, but writers and editors are still welcome!

So if you have any questions before joining the project, sound off below!

There's a multiverse of possibilities awaiting you inside, so join in!
>>
>>93317054
so what are you looking for in editors and writers, and are there certain themes you going for?
>>
>>93317150
Wondering more about this.
>>
>>93317150
>>93317963
No particular theme wanted! You can be as lighthearted or as dark as you want. Although we would really appreciate more lighthearted stories right now...
>>
Where can I follow the new stories being made?
>>
What would be the editor's job?
>>
>>93318881
2nd this.
>>
>>93318881
>>93318926
The channels writers, world-building and alphaverse (if you're interested in a shared universe, otherwise you can ignore that last one)

>>93318924
Basically supervise that everyone's doing their job, read the pitches that are sent your way both to look for any spelling errors and creative input, and overall give advice on how to manage the zine.
>>
No, I mean as a common reader. Do I absolutely need to follow on the Discord channel? Where and how would the zine be published?
>>
>>93318821
You guys accepting of comedy based books sorta like Ennis's Section 8?
>>
File: 1361405815089.jpg (25KB, 323x351px) Image search: [Google]
1361405815089.jpg
25KB, 323x351px
>>93317054
Is this /co/'s attempt at actually launching their own comic? Or is it fanfiction starring Marvel/ DC/ Everyone (the pastebin says there's a shared universe, but I'm still not 100%)?
I'd be happy to volunteer as drawfag for one of these if you can pair me with a writer who knows how to script/ plan a page. Fuck, I might be willing to do both at once. Is it explicitly capes, or can it be in a cape universe with non-cape characters??
>>
>>93319543
What's some artwork examples?
>>
>>93319686
No, but I can provide some at a later date. Been lazy as fuck for a good while and I'm looking for a reason to start up again. Heading to bed, but I'll start on something tomorrow.
>>
>>93319253
Oh, that. We haven't figured out where we would post the zine yet, probably in a tumblr somewhere as a .cbr/PDF before graduating to a real webpage.

>>93319472
Any tone is welcome, anon. Any tone.

>>93319543
>Is this /co/'s attempt at actually launching their own comic? Or is it fanfiction starring Marvel/ DC/ Everyone (the pastebin says there's a shared universe, but I'm still not 100%)?
The idea is to do original stuff, the Alphaverse's foundations are public domain characters but we're not publishing DC/Marvel fanfic.

>I'd be happy to volunteer as drawfag for one of these if you can pair me with a writer who knows how to script/ plan a page. Fuck, I might be willing to do both at once. Is it explicitly capes, or can it be in a cape universe with non-cape characters??
You mean like Astro City? Yeah, that'd be fine. As long as superheroes/superhero tropes are involved, it's fine.
>>
>>93319836
Cool, sounds good.
>>
>>93317054
So it seems that a pure writing one won't be appreciated
>>
>>93320378
Not at all. We accept prose submissions as well.
>>
>>93318821
how about something that can be a reverse watchmen?
>>
>>93320734
Like a reconstruction? Yeah, like I said, we do need lighter stories to mix things up a little.
>>
So, I had an idea a few years ago that was a bit like 'Spider-Man meets Breaking Bad.'

Should I post it?
>>
>>93321103
Sure! Why not.
>>
>>93321293
>>TL;DR: a teenage thief develops superhuman abilities while robbing a Chinese import/export warehouse and is shanghaied into being a 'kept' hero for a ruthless crimelord, who is aware of the teen's identity and threatens his family.

>>The crimelord then outfits the teen with an appropriate costume and has him patrol the city stopping crimes committed by rival syndicates while leaving his own operations unmolested.

>>Over time, the teen's activities catch the attention of other heroes, and he is inspired to find a way out from under the crimelord's thumb -- but can he manage to break free without putting his friends and loved ones at risk?

>I haven't yet decided on a power-set, but I'm leaning towards electrokinesis -- it's variable, visually interesting, and I like the idea of him developing his powers when the warehouse guard tasers him.

>I compared it to 'Breaking Bad' because I see the protagonist as being similar to Jesse Pinkman slowly realizing that his relationship with Walter White, while profitable, is also morally untenable.
>>
>>93321758
Sounds pretty cool, anon. Read the pastebin and join the discord! We're still building this thing so there's no rush yet.
>>
>>93321799
Darn, I corrected a typo and messed it up even more. I'm sorry about that.

I'm glad you like the idea!
>>
So should I only be aiming for 8 page stories?
>>
>>93321956
Yes, that's the format we work on. Either that or a longer story divided in 8-pages long chapters.
>>
wasn't there already another project called premier comics? why not work together with them?
>>
If this ever gets off he ground, will there be threads devoted to storytiming all the comics?
>>
>>93322601
I've been thinking of asking them for advice, but I don't want to pester them haha

>>93322689
Yes.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.