[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gotta get back, back to the past Paladin Aku

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 18

Gotta get back, back to the past Paladin Aku
>>
jfc you people just enjoy/eat up blatant changes
>>
>>93312620
Is it a crime to enjoy AUs now?
>>
>>93312636
Only if it remains undeveloped and lingers on /co/ threads like a fucking ghost
>>
>>93312684
This AU is actually pretty well developed as of now. The whole story is that Aku was given an opportunity to become a deity if he proves that he is capable of good and will live out his sentence like a good demon lord but was summoned by Jack who, is more historically accurate to real samurais (where he's a ruthless killer) and then the OP picture happened and now he is going to defeat the samurai and prove to the gods that he is worthy of joining their ranks.

Jack and Aku are the same personality wise but are now on the opposite spectrum. Jack believes in order and justice to an obsessive and dictatorial degree but believes he's doing the right thing while Aku is still the egotistical jerk he is but is willing to change.

And yes he doesn't have his sword since the gods took it away due to his actions so now he relies on magic and technology.
>>
>>93312504
This is a crossover with that Paladins game?
>>
>>
>>93312752
It's an AU where Aku is the hero and Jack is the villain. See >>93312744
>>
Thanks OP now I'm craving Earth-3 again, or at least morality-swapped characters.
>>
>>93312764
That's already the case in the actual show.
>>
>>93312764
Why the fuck is he a paladin? That's retarded
>>
>>93312826
Knowing his personality and bringing the idea of him being the hero into the equation Aku probably just calls himself that because it makes him sound cool and heroic. That is something he would do.

"YES IT IS I, THE ALL POWERFUL PALADIN AKU, PRAISE ME!"
>>
>>93312504
The concept is nice but I can't BUY AKU TURNING GOOD BECAUSE HE IS LITERALLY MADE OF EVIL.

How you even explain that away? Something really serious would need to happen lore wise to change it, and it has to be more than character development, because I don't think that Aku is even able to become good.
>>
>>93312991
Throughout the show and even the comics Aku has shown to be more then just pure evil. He's shown to be comedic, polite and even merciful. It's entering OOC territory but Aku has shown to be something other then evil incarnate.

But the whole reasoning behind Aku being good in this AU (according to the artist) is that the gods promised Aku freedom if he can prove that he is capable of doing good which is also why he refused to unleash unspeakable evil when evil Jack commanded him to.

Him being significantly weakened by Jack and going on this long journey is also supposed to give Aku perspective I think.
>>
File: 1492308039784.png (139KB, 473x634px) Image search: [Google]
1492308039784.png
139KB, 473x634px
>>93312991
>literally made of evil
>spawns Ashi
pick one
>>
>>93313118
Aku has emotions, but it is all is direct towards fucking with other people. You are confusing emotions with morality, but I don't think that he is able of compassion for example.

>>93313221
She is half human, they SHOW her fighting Aku from inside her.

But I think that I have an idea on how it can work, but would need some little retcon on the Mass of Ultimate Evil thing that fought the gods, to be closed to taoist beliefs.

I will writte when I get a place with better Internet.
>>
>>93313285
Human side came from a bitch more fucked up than Aku himself though
>>
File: Bamburai Jack.jpg (231KB, 1053x1514px) Image search: [Google]
Bamburai Jack.jpg
231KB, 1053x1514px
When your AU is less credible than "Let's make Jack a deer guyz," you should really rethink your life.
>>
>>93312504
Okay, here me out, I will try to make sense out of this AU, as I said here are some sugestions that could improve it but changing less things about canon (and instead trying to add into it). Please say what you think:

The show is a classic tale about Good x Evil, but if we are changing things up, why not turn it into a "balance" kind of thing?

>Mass of Ultimate Evil is still a thing, and the gods fought it in the past.
>Its explained that the Mass of Ultimate Evil is actualy a mass of dark energy produced bu sescient creatures of the universe, its a pure concentration of Yin, and seeks to destroy everything

After this, everything is the same: Aku is born, is defeated by the Emperor, coes back, destroy Japan, turn Jacks dad into a slave and so on. The difference begins with Jack's trainament.

>On his trainament across the world, Jack comes across some monks that believe that to defeat Aku, Jack, the ultimate Yin force, he must become the ultimate Yang, and offer to train them in their mysteries. Jacks abandon his planed trainament to learn their own form of magic.

>Everything them goes like this pic >>93312504

The differences are:

>When Jack sealed most of the powers of Aku, he ended up infecting him with "Yang energy", that similar to the Aku infection, slowly makes him be able of doing good deeds and have a change of hearth across the show.

>If you remove this Yang energy, Aku gets all of his powers back, but turns evil in the exact same moment.

>Last episode is Aku sacrificing his good side to defeat Jack - or some other force that only fully powered Aku can deal (Jack them having a change of hearth and deciding to redeem himself) and both taking down evil Aku, Jack from the outside and Aku from the inside. Ending with good Aku dying like a hero (or maybe Jack taking his place).

What you think?
>>
>>93313984
So Aku is infected with Jack's goodness, and Jack is infected with Aku's evil?
>>
>>93314259
You are right about Aku.

Jack isnt effect, he is just full of the opposite equaly malicious energy. The same that powers himself and was used to remove most of the powers from Aku.
>>
>>93312504
Better than S5
>>
File: ikraep.png (1MB, 1392x1352px) Image search: [Google]
ikraep.png
1MB, 1392x1352px
>it's a paladin ikra episode
>>
>>93313984
But why is Jack a villain?
>>
>>93312504
I kinda want some injustice type shit to happen and have Canon Jack go to this universe just to see his reaction.

Him hanging out with "good" Aku would be a freaking treat. They really had good chemistry when not fighting.
Then in desperate bid to save his new bro's life in a final battle he merges with Paladin Jack when they get into contact, and Paladin Jack starts freaking out over the memories canon Jack, eventually ending up in defeat and implied redemption. In the end Canon Jack fades and falls into a certain someone's waiting arms.
>>
File: samurai JAck just right.jpg (146KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
samurai JAck just right.jpg
146KB, 903x713px
>>93314687
MAJESTIC
>>
>>93314697
AFAIK, in this AU, the Birth of Evil still happened, so Jack's father still trained Jack to fight Aku.

Jack loses patience sometime in his teens when it's clear Aku is never going to be a problem, and he tests his knowledge on lesser demons, making them his servants, justifying it as a precaution. Standard dystopian paranoia stuff. He's a budding despot by the time he is series Jack's age and first meets Aku.
>>
>>93313984
This is some good shit anon. I can see Aku hilariously freaking out every time he thinks about doing something good and physically wretches when he actually does a good deed but as the story continues Aku starts to gain a new perspective and becomes more open to being a hero. Plus all of the praise he gets from saving people actually makes him feel really good and encourages him to keep doing them more.
>>
File: paladin 5-1.png (2MB, 600x4348px) Image search: [Google]
paladin 5-1.png
2MB, 600x4348px
Why is this story so good flipped?
>>
File: Samurai Jack episode 8 nutshell.png (225KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Jack episode 8 nutshell.png
225KB, 853x480px
>>93314687
So the other characters are now Aku's allies.
That's kinda cool. Events happen. a bit inverted but similar enough.
>The Daughters of Aku are now a actually a secret society dedicated to helping Aku take down Jack.
>A wholesome version of Dad Aku happens.
>They still try to assassinate Jack....with predictable results.
"I will undo the evil that is you Nameless Samurai!"
*a certain muffled Dean Martin song slowly plays in the background*
"I sure do hope my little angels return safely."
>>
File: semeri jek serd.jpg (81KB, 636x509px) Image search: [Google]
semeri jek serd.jpg
81KB, 636x509px
>>93312744
>the propaganda poster
help
>>
>>93312757
I really like this. Paladin Aku having the same personality but in the role of a hero just meshes really well.

>>93314793
I had the same exact thought. I can see Jack start to consider that there might be good in his Aku after seeing how heroic this Aku acts.

Also I love Aku and Jack's banter and moments between each other so I can only imagine what those would be like if they were on the same side.
>>
File: tumblr_oqkspd9FZi1tlg537o2_1280.png (903KB, 1280x932px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqkspd9FZi1tlg537o2_1280.png
903KB, 1280x932px
>>93315072
And the villains are now Jack's allies
>>
>>93315043
I honestly don't give a shit about the whole "Aku is pure evil" thing. Aku in a heroic role is just too good.

>AU Season 5 is better then the actually canon season
>>
>>93315143
>AU Demongo collects the souls of evil warriors to protect the world from their evil
>Demongo is brainwashed by Jack to become his slave and use his abilities to build his army further
>Aku frees him from the Samurai's grasp and joins team Aku but goes off to continue his own journey of collecting the world's most corrupt souls
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (14KB, 315x259px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
14KB, 315x259px
>>93312744
>"You can't use the portal yet Aku... not yet, not yet"
>The AU Guardian episode ends showing Paladin Aku does become a God alongside the other gods like he was promised
>>
File: invincibleconquest5.jpg (249KB, 760x1185px) Image search: [Google]
invincibleconquest5.jpg
249KB, 760x1185px
>>93312744
So if the theme is good guys swap with bad guys, would The Scotsman essentially be Conquest from Invincible? Instead of rallying armies to fight the big bad, he'd be the guy who gets sent off to basically give villages and insurgencies ultimatums and then one-manning their entire armies if they resisted.
>>
>>93315607
It's mainly just Aku and Jack that switched roles. Scotsman is on Paladin Aku's side while Demongo and others are on Jack's

The main twist however is that the villains are brainwashed by Jack so some of them, like Demongo have turned good but are under Jack's control.
>>
File: 1497036244651 samurai jack harem.png (803KB, 1335x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497036244651 samurai jack harem.png
803KB, 1335x1000px
>>93314697
My idea is the following:

On asian cultures you have to achieve balance, otherwise you are on the wrong path. Aku being pure Yin made him evil, in the same way that Jack being pure Yang would make him evil too, but in a different way.

Jack can for example, become an empire focused in order instead of the chaos from Aku. I kind of picture him as a less retarded take on the Empire of Men from Warhammer 40k.

So he can be xenophobic against aliens, mutants and such, he can be against some areas of technological development, explaining the anachronistic elements of the setting, or even hate most magical beings, seeing them as a disturbance.

>>93314984
Thanks.

I actualy think that what OP did is pretty cool too, could work well as its own show with original characters, if you remove time travel.
>>
>>93313549
deerJack a cute. cute!
>>
>>93315252
The idea is good, but can be better and in a way that makes more sense.
>>
>>93315955
Yin and Yang are more Taoist and Chinese than Japanese. The ideal there is to go with the flow. It's not really compatible with heroes or villains or violence in general. Taoism is the closest ancient China had to dropping out of society, '60s style. Later it became more like an alchemical system, a magician's way of looking at the world.

The Japanese, historically at least, are more about purity than balance. Purity here is being clean, being certain, being decisive, not associating yourself with the impure, acting from instinct, being quick, being cutting, having dignity, etc. It's abrupt, in short. You see it in Zen gardens, koans, in haiku, in Japanese art, in the samurai ethos (which reached SJ mostly through its more modern, compassionate version in Akira Kurosawa movies) etc.
>>
File: Love_33bfc6_6272189.jpg (18KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Love_33bfc6_6272189.jpg
18KB, 500x281px
>>93316276
How exactly could it be done better and in a way that makes more sense?

Unless you're one of those "muh pure physical literal evil" faggots
>>
>>93316538
Man, Aku is ure evil, it is said and show multiple times on the show, admited by him, his very essence tarnish anything that it touches and made Jack do petty assholish things to random people when he got infected.

Just go with >>93313984 , but taking >>93316437 in consideration just changes a little the wording to not follow such a chinese pattern. Aku infected with goodness can work well.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.